• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Abstaining on Mr. Fenton. I dunno anything about this character other than that he's Danny's dad and I've already said all I can about the prospect of a DP rep the past four times we've rated one.

Movie Sonic Prediction: 0.5%
Well, he has appeared on Nick in bumpers and such, so there is technically a nonzero chance of this happening, I guess.

Noms to Jorgen

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ghostbusters!

Chance: 5%

When compared to Hugh or even Timmy's dad, Jack isn't that memed on which is the main reason why Hugh got in. Plus with the villains getting the most demand, I don't see a viable path for Jack. Unless if they really want to go all in on the dads for some reason.

Want: 15%

It would be cool to see a Ghostbuster-like character make it in. But honestly, I don't remember Jack a lot and I watched a good amount of Danny Phantom. I think I would prefer one of the villains instead and if we had to get another dad, I would much prefer Timmy's dad.

Noms: Sanjay and Craig x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Jack Fenton

Chance - 1% - There are simply too many competing characters for a lesser character to get in right now. Most eyes are on a Danny Phantom Villain instead of a side-character right now, Vlad especially. That's on top of people preferring to go to new franchises over adding more to the existing roster. I strugle to see why he would be picked.

Want - 30% - I'm one of those who would prefer a villain for Danny instead of more dads. They are just way more interesting to me.

Predictions

Sonic- 0.05% - Uh... wow.

Nominations

Patchy the Pirate X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Danny's dad

Chance: 1%
I feel like they'll probably go for a villain or Sam. Popularity helps, and moveset potential doesn't hurt. While Jack could have a Ghostbuster style moveset, that applies to every Fenton (and I honestly see the mom as being more likely). There's really no reason to add Jack unless the devs have deep seated daddy issues they're working out through this game.

Want: 0%

Noms: Bloom
Sonic prediction: 1.5%

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Concept: Star Trek representation
Chance: 15%
Want: 50.71%
Winner of predictions is LimeTH LimeTH , who predicted 10%, you get 5 extra noms!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstain
Movie Sonic prediction: 2%
Noms: Arnold x5
DAY OVER
Rate Movie Sonic, predict Jorgen von Strangle.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Abstain on Movie Sonic chance (for now, I'll try to chime in later), but a hard 100% for want - I have full confidence Ludosity would do a better job with Sonic than Nintendo did, and it'd be awesome to get that "Sonic and Garfield Pack" reunion.

Who's up for a quadruple day? Silver Ball rep x 4, Gnorm Gnat x 1

Jorgen prediction: 15%

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Speed is key!

Chance: 2%

So this is the Sonic. The one that has enamored generations and has a series of films distributed by Paramount going on and it looks like they aren't stopping. But while Sonic may be a gaming icon, does he make sense for NASB? Well to my knowledge he doesn't have any shows made for Nick. Heck, does Paramount even have the rights to air Sonic on Nickelodeon? I do know that the Sonic movies are on Paramount+ so the answer is maybe. But even then that connection is so loose that I doubt the devs would even think of doing this. Not to mention they would have to get the rights from Sega to use their mascot, which is probably above the game's budget.

Want: 80%

The only reason why this ain't higher is because I feel this might create a slippery slope since Sonic does not feel like a Nickelodeon character at all. At least with Star Trek it has a current show airing on Nick that has a future, plus its directly owned by Paramount so it makes sense why they might add Star Trek to the game. But Sonic? I feel that is a bit too out there. This is Nicktoons "All Stars" afterall. Yes I get Garfield but he fits in better and since Paramount owns him I think he is a special case.

I went on a tangent there and forgot this was the want section, lmao. But if Sonic did get in, well I wouldn't mind being wrong. I do like Sonic, although I'm far from being the biggest fan since I suck at the games (My reflexes aren't good enough to play these games well). I did enjoy what I've played though, plus when I was younger I watched the Sonic cartoon (Yes, the one with the chili dogs. And yes I unironically enjoyed it). Plus Sonic is such a huge icon its hard to say no.

Prediction - Jorden - 17%

Noms: Sanjay and Craig x10

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm the groin!

Chance: 2%

There's a non-zero chance of Movie Sonic happening, but I don't see it as being very likely.
Nick has been able to use Sonic in promotional stuff like those football games with the Nick overlays. Paramount/Viacom owns the Sonic movie design, but they've allowed them to be used in the Sonic Dash and Speed Battle app games. SEGA seems eager enough to ***** Sonic out to whatever silly-ass crossover game wants him.
But since it's not specifically Nickelodeon, Sonic may be out of the purview of what they could and would do with this game. The price to get Sonic might be too high, Smash might have exclusivity on Sonic if that's a thing, SEGA/Paramount might be too stingy with how they're able to portray Sonic, or Nick could just say no.
My gut is saying this one most likely isn't happening.

Want: 45%
I'm actually a huge fan of Sonic, and I do like the movies version of him way more than I excepted I would, I'm just sort of hesitant for a couple reasons.
  • It'd be another not Nick/doesn't feel like Nick character in what's supposed to be a Nick crossover
  • I'm not the biggest fan of Movie Sonic's design. Blue arms bad don't @ me.
  • If Movie Sonic gets a better moveset than Games Sonic, that's gonna be a kick in the nuts lol
I wouldn't be opposed since it's Sonic, but ehhhh, I dunno if I'm as into the idea as I was after the high Sonic 2 gave me after seeing it.

How many noms do I have now, then, 10?
3 each for all three Beaver options
Give the remaining 1 to Heffer

Jorgen: 15%

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Can't have your side and down specials be the exact same thing when there are no side specials
Chance: 5%.
The Sonic movies might be Paramount's thing, and they may be using Nick to promote them, but Sonic is still Sega's property. And we shouldn't forget that it wasn't easy to get Sonic into Super Smash Bros. in the first place. It took so long for Sega to say yes to that, that the game had to be delayed. And this was with Smash, which was already a multimillion-selling series since the first game. Just imagine how much harder it'd be to get Sonic into a much smaller game with a low budget.

Want: 10%.
Well, his moveset WOULD be better than his Smash moveset, but that wouldn't be enough for me to think he belongs in a game like this.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Movie Sonic

Chance: 5% -
I'd say he has a shot! Paramount's making the movies and Sonic's been utilized in various Nick events such as the NFL broadcastings. So he's got ties and a bridge to inclusion! Furthermore, other Sonic media such as Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog are readily available on Paramount+. So Paramount has been going for other Sonic media as well, likely to strengthen the tie. Sonic is also a huge deal, so him getting in would turn so many heads towards the game, and way more than Star Trek since there's a MUCH bigger audience overlap!

Though there's also plenty of obstacles. He's not heavily requested, especially with several lynchpin Nicktoons characters not in the game yet. While this could be because not many know he's eligible, it's still not helping matters. But ultimately, Sonic is still SEGA's property, and thus Nick might not want to get into extra negotiations to license the character for a different form of media. Plus, with how expensive a character like Sonic would be, it might not fit within the game's budget (though if they go for specifically Movie Sonic, SEGA might be a little more loose and charge less.). So it'd all come down to SEGA giving approval for Sonic to be in the game, which is possible but not likely.

Want: 80% - Despite a lot of ups and downs I'd say I'm a big Sonic fan, and really enjoyed the movies despite their quirks. So while I have other priorities and would want to see characters like Jimmy and Timmy added first, I'd have no qualms with Sonic being added after that. I think he'd be a very fun addition and would likely be treated way better here than Smash does. Plus if they want to differentiate him from Smash Sonic then they could easily use movie-based music and locations for the stage, which has the added bonus of cutting down on licensing costs! Movie Sonic would fit in well with the cast, and I think he'd make for a genuinely fun addition once we get more of the big requests!

Nominations:
Robbie Rotten x10

Predictions:
Jorgen von Strangle - 14.57% - He did surprisingly well on the recent poll so I'm expecting some pretty good scores! But Timmy is still not in and is by far more requested, and he doesn't have the meme power that Hugh has to make up for it.

D

Deleted member

Uh? Meow?

Chance- 1%
Paramount (which has basicly merged with Viacom) did put out the two recent Sonic movies. It's clearly doing well for them as a franchise, with sequals and spin offs on the way. The films got heavy promotion from Nickelodeon on both the network and online. But the big glaring issue is that Sonic is simply not a Nickelodeon character. There's a new Sonic cartoon coming out that's not even airing on Nick. I can't see Nick and Viacom going for the negotiations that would be needed for this when they have so many of their own characters to use. I don't actually think Sonic would be the hardest character to get. Sega aren't exactly very shy about putting the blue hedgehog into other video games. I honestly dobut Sega would turn them away if they asked. I also don't think Sonic being in Smash would be that big of an issue, this is technically a different Sonic, and it's not like this would hurt Smash in any way. I still don't think it's very likely though. I don't think we're gonna get any guest characters like this.

Want- 20%
I am a Sonic fan. I enjoyed both of the Paramount films to varying degrees. On one hand, part of me feels this game should focus on core Nickelodeon properties and not delve into becoming an anything they can get mega crossover. I also kind of want them to focus on characters who haven't had fighting game apperances before. But on the other hand, seeing Sonic the Freaking Hedgehog face off with Spongebob and Garfield (well, it wouldn't be the first time) would be pretty huge and would put some eyes on the game. If we had to get a guest character, this is one of the better options. I'm sure they could make a pretty fun moveset, and handle him differently and maybe a little better than Smash does. Not something I'm personally calling for, but if it happened I'd actually be pretty down.

Jorgan prediction - 16%

Noms to Angelica

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gotta Go Fast
Chance- 1%
Paramount (which has basicly merged with Viacom) did put out the two recent Sonic movies. It's clearly doing well for them as a franchise, with sequals and spin offs on the way. The films got heavy promotion from Nickelodeon on both the network and online. But the big issue is that Sonic is simply not a Nickelodeon character. There's a new Sonic cartoon that's not even airing on Nick. I can't see Nick and Viacom going for the negotiations that would be needed for this when they have so many of their own characters to use. I don't actually think Sonic would be the hardest character to get. Sega aren't exactly very shy about putting the blue hedgehog into other video games. I honestly dobut Sega would turn them away if they asked. I also don't think Sonic being in Smash would be that big of an issue, this is technically a different Sonic, and it's not like this would hurt Smash in any way. I still don't think it's very likely though. I don't think we're gonna get any guest characters like this.

Want- 30%
I am a Sonic fan. I enjoyed both of the Paramount films to varying degrees. On one hand, part of me feels this game should focus on core Nickelodeon properties and not delve into becoming an anything they can get mega crossover. But on the other hand, seeing Sonic the Freaking Hedgehog face off with Spongebob and Garfield (well, it wouldn't be the first time) would be pretty huge and would put some eyes on the game. If we had to get a guest character, this is one of the better options. I'm sure they could make a pretty fun moveset, and handle him differently and maybe a little better than Smash does.

Jorgan prediction - 16%

Split my noms between Raph and Don.
I was able to give a single set of noms to both Raph and Donnie, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to too (but I also don't know why you'd bump them up since they're next in line as is)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ugly Sonic, Uglier Crimes

Chance: 3%
Paramount, Nick's parent company, makes the Sonic live action movies. That's not a bad connection, but is it enough? Sonic is not a Nicktoon, nor is associated with Nick in any way. In fact he has an upcoming animated show on Netflix. Also even if they choose the movie incarnation, Sonic's still Sonic. He's owned by Sega. He's a gaming character. He'd take licensing just like any third party character, and we don't know if the scope or budget of the game extend to that. Plus would Sega say yes? The commercial relationship is there, sure, but it's still a low budget game that got mixed reception. Sonic is already in Smash, they don't need this.

I already know how Sonic plays in a platform fighter. Yes his Smash moveset sucks but he's in. Not only would NASB face comparisons to Smash's implementation (in which, moveset aside, they'd definitely lose) but also... I don't need to see him in another. That wow factor isn't there. So I'd rather they just save the spot for someone who hasn't been in a platform fighter (such as 99.9% of Nicktoons).

Noms: Bloom
Jorge prediction: 12%

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
SON THE HEDGE
Chance: 1%

Sonic isn't a Nickelodeon character by any means, but this particular iteration of him is owned by Paramount and has appeared on Nick a few times before, so he is probably eligible by technicality. However, there are still a few things going against him that make adding him a near impossibility. For one, Sonic has little to no connection to the Nickelodeon brand, which is a bit of a problem considering the name of the game's Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. He's got about as much putting him in the conversation as characters like Beavis & Butthead who technically fall under the Paramount corporate umbrella, but have never had a show on Nick (and aren't even planned to, unlike Garfield). Adding Sonic would obviously be a very big deal in spite of this, but it's also not something they can just do since Paramount doesn't own this version of the character in full, only the design. They'd need to go to SEGA and hash out any licensing fees with them first, which while SEGA definitely isn't shy about putting the blue blur in other things, would require a LOT of money for a high-profile character like Sonic. That's money the devs could save by adding popular characters like Timmy Turner and Jimmy Neutron who might not make as many headlines as Sonic, but would be a hell of a lot cheaper and probably go over better with the game's core demographic. At best, I can maybe see Movie Sonic getting in as a guest character like, 3-4 games down the line, but that's if the Sonic movies are still going strong by then and the devs feel like taking the plunge into Paramount-owned characters who don't really have an established connection to Nick.

This wouldn't really upset me, it just isn't something I'm at all interested in seeing, quite frankly. I don't care about headlines when it comes to picks, and Movie Sonic just wouldn't fit in this game IMO. It feels like a really weird and lame workaround to include an iconic character purely for the sake of it. There's also the matter of Sonic already being in a platform fighter before, and while Smash Sonic is objectively ****ing lame, it's still already been done and would draw even more undue comparisons between this game and Smash that it frankly doesn't need. (I'm also still not a huge fan of the Movie design to be honest. It's not repulsive like the first one, but the realistic fur is weird to me and Sonic having two eyes is just wrong.)

Jorgen Prediction: 13%
His respectable placing on the recent poll will definitely help his numbers a bit, but he's still a non-Timmy FOP character who has to compete with The Crimson Chin, a much more demanded character.

Noms to Patchy

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sonic

Chance - 0.5% - Again, game on a shoestring budget. While Sonic may easily get paraded around, it's not like he's fairly cheep, either. Going this far for a character that isn't appealing to fans of the main game doesn't seem like it's in the works.

Want - 20% - Nope, not here. I have no attachment to the Blue Blur, and feel fine with him just in Smash. I'd rather focus on the unique characters Nick can offer, before spreading too thin.

Predictions

Jorgen von Strangle - 3.24% - Not before Timmy.

Nominations

Patchy the Pirate X5

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Movie Sonic

Chance: 3%
It's possible, but highly unlikely. First off, Sonic himself has almost no association with the Nickelodeon brand. The only connection Sonic has to Nick is that Nick is owned by the same company that owns the film studio that makes the Sonic movies. Sonic only appeared on the Nick channel in the form of commercials and trailers for the movies. Also, while Sega likes to shove Sonic in almost anything, the devs might not want to spend the money on roundtrip flights to Japan to talk with the Sega executives, especially considering that this game has a much smaller budget compared to Smash Bros and they already have to talk with one third party company (Nelvana) to get the greenlight to use the very popularly requested Timmy Turner. The third reason is that it would invite many more unwanted comparisons to Smash, which was I believe the reason why PSASBR went for Raiden to represent the Metal Gear franchise over Solid Snake himself.

Want: 5%
While it's cool to have Sonic here, he just doesn't fit with the game. And if I want to play as him in a platform fighter I might as well jump over and play Smash Bros, even if his moveset is pretty lackluster over there.

Noms: Lana Loud x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Jack Fenton
Chance: 3.33%
Want: 25%
Winner of predictions is GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , who predicted 3%. You get 10 extra noms!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstaining once again.
Jorgen prediction: 6%
Noms: Arnold x3, Raph x1, Don x1 (Sorry but I am not ready for a quadruple day)
DAY OVER
Rate Jorgen von Strangle, predict Raphael, and Donatello.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
TOUGHEST FAIRY IN THE UNIVERSE!
Want: 5%

I'm giving Jorgen less than The Crimson Chin. Timmy/Cosmo and Wanda aren't in the game yet, and the most likely FOP character to me after any combination of the main trio would be the Chin. Jorgen feels like he's in the higher echelon of FOP characters after Chin, but that leaves him with the likes of Crocker and Vicky to compete with (Timmy's Dad ain't happening).
I also want Crimson Chin a lot more than I want Jorgen. Like a lot more. Jorgen would be cool, but Chin would be way cooler.

Noms to all the Angry Beavers categories.

Raph and Don: 25%

D

Deleted member

Chance- 15%
We've still to get Timmy. I know in a post Hugh world it's allways possible we get someone else first before Timmy, but I dont think any FOP character has quite the same following as Hugh. If get another FOP character after him then it's down to this guy or the Crimson Chin. Jorgan seems pretty popular, and would fit into a fighting game pretty well. I think DLC franchises will just get one character, with the exception of Jimmy Neutron. But If another DLC franchise gets two reps, it'll probably be FOP.

Want -
Sure. He's a funny and memorable character. He's just Arnold Schwarzenegger but as a fairy, and that is honestly hilarious. He could have a fun moveset with a mix of action / military themed moves. I'd definitely want Timmy first, but for a 2nd rep I wouldn't mind him or the Chin.

Raph and Don prection 35%

Noms to Angelica

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hasta la vista, fairy

Chance: 5%
Timmy isn't in yet. I don't think we'll get two FOP characters for DLC. It's possible if it goes on for long, but that remains to be seen. Even after Timmy there's strong competition with the likes of Vicky, Crocker, Crimson Chin, Timmy's Dad, etc.

Want: 100%
Yeah sure he's funny and iconic. The idea of the leader of all fairies being a Schwarzenegger parody is hilarious. Plus it lends itself well to a moveset mixing magic with lots of 80s action movie references. Timmy should 100% get in first but after him I'm game for almost anyone tbh.

Noms: Bloom (using all my extra noms)
Ralph and Don prediction: with this thread's reaction to Jimmy? 80% I guess

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Jorgen von Strangle

Chance: 10% -
Anything is possible, and from the recent poll results we have seen a surprising amount of of popularity for Jorgen. However, I really don't see him getting in before the second-most-demanded-character Timmy Turner. Hugh was a special case due to his status as THE meme character. Jorgen, while plenty funny, isn't anywhere near that, and having it happen again right after Hugh would not bode well with a lot of people. Now, as a second FOP rep? He's competing with the much more requested Crimson Chin, but I still think he's a strong contender for that position. Still, not before Timmy, and he does not have nearly the meme power needed to make up for that.

Want: 50% - Depends on the circumstances! If Timmy gets in then I'd be all for Jorgen and this score would shoot up! He's got a lot of funny ideas for moves and would make for a very interesting playstyle! And let's not forget the VOICE ACTING! However, I really would not want to see him get in over Timmy. He has absolutely no reason to and it would show a growing lack of cohesion in the game's vision. Yes, we don't want "predictable and boring" choices, but putting in "whoever and whatever" isn't a good approach either, and is actively harming the game's image. Were people decrying Mario/DK/Pikachu/etc as "boring, safe picks" during the 64 and Melee days? So overall, while I think he'd make for a great addition I'd rather him wait until Timmy is added.

Nominations:
Robbie Rotten x10

Predictions:
Donatello and Raphael - 63.68% - A very distinct possibility that I can see getting a lot of good scores. Despite the lack of sharing most moves there's still a lot that could be reused. Combine that with the lack of a stage requirement and you have some very easy and low-cost DLC!

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Obligatory reference to this scene
Chance: 10%

I know it's weird since I'm the one who nommed him, but I don't really have a lot to say about Jorgen. I've said in the past that it's between Crimson Chin and Jorgen for who'd take a hypothetical second FOP slot after Timmy, and right now I'd definitely give that to the Chin since he scored in the top 5 (!!) on the most recent poll. That said, Jorgen also placed in the top 15 and would fit in this game about as well as Chin, being a big buff dude known for his rough-n-toughness. If the devs have a preference for the guy, he could sneak in after Timmy, but it's slim pickings currently and we don't even know if FOP's gonna be up for more than one rep in the first place. Could happen, but I'd expect him more in a sequel, if anything.

Want: 55%
From what I remember of the show, Jorgen was modestly funny, and he could have a fun moveset with that big wand of his (if slightly annoying, given how people hate fighting swordies). His voice is also super fun and would be great to hear in the game. I would still prefer Crimson Chin, but I wouldn't complain if Jorgen got in.

Don & Raph Prediction: 32%
Most people aren't really expecting another Turtles rep in this game, but these two are definitely popular characters and the outcry for them is only going to get louder.

Noms to Patchy

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Jorgen von Strangle

Chance - 5% - Jorgen must be held until after Timmy gets in; unlike Hugh, he lacks that meme potential alongside potential rights issues along the way. He could be second, but right now I'd rather not bother with hypotheticals when Timmy's still a bit of a question mark.

Want - 35% - Could be interesting, but not before Timmy. Timmy's my most wanted, right now, and I don't want anyone to get in his way.

Predictions

Donatello and Raphael - 18.24% - Some optimists with many pessimists.

Nominations

Patchy the Pirate X5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Be careful with that big wand

Will we get two Fairly OddParents reps? It really depends on how long the DLC goes on for but let's just say that the chances of that happening are decent. After Timmy, the Crimson Chin and Jorgen Von Strangle did pretty good on the post-pass 1 fan poll, though its important to note that Crimson Chin beat Jorgen by a decent margin which might tip the scales in the superhero's favor. The problem is that Fairly Oddparents has a lot of memorable side characters so the score gets affected by that too. However if you ask me, Jorgen has one of the most clear cut movesets out of the cast, which puts him above characters like Vicky and Crocker in my eyes.

Want: 75%

Timmy needs to get in first, let me get that out of the way. But after him, YES! Jorgen is a well rounded character. He can go from being a goofball to being serious and intimidating. He has his giant wand, and to top it off he has a Schwarzenegger accent. Sign me up.

Noms: Sanjay and Craig x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Movie Sonic
Chance: 2.50%
Want: 31.25%
Winner of predictions is DaUsername DaUsername , with a prediction of 2%. 10 extra noms.
yet another abstain
Raph prediction: 15%
Don predicrion: also 15%
Noms: Arnold x5
DAY OVER
Rate Raphael and Donatello from TMNT, predict the chance scores for Tommy Pickles from Rugrats, Bloom from Winx Club, and Concept: Silver Ball era representation. (I assume the concept is referring to the early 1980s era of Nickelodeon being represented in NASB in some way, but the person who nommed this can correct me if I'm wrong.)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Concept: Silver Ball era representation. (I assume the concept is referring to the early 1980s era of Nickelodeon being represented in NASB in some way, but the person who nommed this can correct me if I'm wrong.)
That is correct. It primarily applies to branding, but shows could count too. So would anything before like Pinwheel or the Mime.

Anyway, Silver Ball prediction: 0% - let's be frank, what even is there to represent? Only real posibilities are a Silver Ball item or, by some miracle, Danger Mouse as a guest, both of which are sub-chances of two chances that should really be rated on their own

Tommy prediction: 50% - ahh yes, the Ridley of Nick Brawl. The great divider.

Raphael and Donatello score: 25%
Raph and Donnie are in a tricky situation, I think their fate lies in the hands of which audience the teams want to aim DLC picks at - if you want kids or families watching Nick right now to buy DLC, Raph and Donnie are extremely safe picks that appeal just as much to kids as they do adults, but the problem is that Raph and Donnie don't appeal to the hardcore teen-to-adult "periphary demographic" of Nickelodeon fans (as well as main target demo fans who are more clued in on their Nicktoon history) who have never associated TMNT, especially 80s TMNT, with Nick - which on it's own is a minor obstacle even with the clear slant towards fan picks established by Hugh and Jenny, but then you add in that TMNT has gained a "Fire Emblem" reputation among NASB's fandom and the remaining reptiles don't really stand as much of a chance. Another thing to consider is the models, which are a double edged sword of low and high effort - on one hand, people will be crying bloody murder over having to buy characters with reused models, and presumably reused alt costumes - but on the other hand Ludosity and Fair Play will have to go REALLY hard when animating the remaining two turtles in order to make sure their weapons and personality are always in view and therefore their silhouette is distinguishable, in addition to the fact that if Mikey and Leo get new models and animation like Korra and Toph did in the day 1 patch, Raph and Donnie will have to to - not only extra character work, but also a chance of earlier promo materials becoming outdated and therefore misleading.

5 noms for Parker J. Cloud

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Does Machines, Cool but Rude.
Chance: 25%

Raph and Donnie are in a weird spot.
As the two missing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in this game featuring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, they seem like obvious choices. The devs had their fun making two unique not-Turtle Turtles characters to spice up the roster selection so that there aren't four identical looking green muscular turtlemen in the game. If anyone is coming after Shredder, it's Raphael and Donatello.
But by having those two extra not-Turtle Turtles characters, that means TMNT would get a whopping six characters in a roster where the next most characters from one show is half of that. On top of that, them choosing the 80's TMNT to represent in the game has generally not felt like Nickelodeon to a lot of people, which makes the amount of Turtles stuff feel even more awkward. The devs haven't really been shy about implying or outright stating the other two aren't coming, for that matter.
I'm giving a low-but-not-too-low score here. If the DLC lasts long enough to double dip or the devs decide "screw it, we want more TMNT" then Raph and Donnie are happening. If not, they'd make incredibly obvious sequel bait. I think they're happening at some point, but it's probably not happening this game.

Want: 20%
I've kind of made it clear already that I think we have enough TMNT for now, but if I were going to be okay with them cramming in two more, it'd definitely be the other two brothers. It's kind of a shame the perfect attendance video game wise of the entire team was broken by NASB, but I can see why the devs did it.
I'd really prefer they add the other two after we get more shows represented though.

All noms on all Beavers

Predictions
Tommy: 50%
Bloom: 20%
Silver Ball: 1%

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Red vs Blue- er, Purple

Chance (for both): 5%
It's really weird that there are four TMNT fighters without the four turtles being said fighters. But the devs have gone out of their way to make it clear that it's very much a conscious decision. It makes sense, having four nearly identical looking characters when no other show has that amount is an ideal way to get labeled the Fire Emblem of NASB.

People have been asking for the devs to add Don and Raph, but from what I've seen the demand isn't to the degree of other characters. Plus there's plenty of detractors that don't want TMNT to get a fifth and especially a sixth character. To be fair that also goes for other franchises with multiple reps, but TMNT gets it the worst because of the number and the fact that Shredder was released not long ago. Don and Raph would also compete against each other unless the devs suddenly do a 180 on completionism and add both, so their fanbases might cancel each other out.

If I had to guess one frontrunner between the two it'd be Donny just because I get the vibe that he's the most popular of the turtles though that could just be bias.

Want: 0% (also for both)
Let me preface by saying that I love TMNT. But good God I don't need 4+ fighters from it. Spread the love a little bit. Plus the TMNT fighters are honestly some of my least favorite characters to play in the game (barring April whose playstyle is very entertaining). If I had to pick a TMNT character, I'd choose Usagi, but that's cheating.

Didn't expect Bloom to be up so soon, nice. Noms go to Robot and Monster

Bloom prediction: wonder if people are aware that this is a big deal... 25%
Tommy prediction: 18%
Silver Ball era: uhhh 2%

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Donatello and Raphael

Chance: 20% -
These two are in a weird spot and it shows. They feel like obvious DLC choices, and there's certainly demand for them! Plus despite the animations they'd require they could still re-use assets from Leo/Mikey and wouldn't require a stage, leading to some easy low-cost DLC towards the end! Plus, if we get more Turtles content, there's no way in hell we're getting someone like Casey Jones over these two. However, despite their demand, it DID take a noticeable hit with the recent mega fan poll (while the original had them in the top 20). This is also post-Shredder but it shows that people feel there's enough TMNT content in the game already. Alongside that the DLC seems to be focusing on bringing in new franchises and the devs have hinted that the other two won't be coming. Still, it depends on how long the DLC goes on for (likely quite awhile, given how much Nick loves money). People also don't associate 80's TMNT with Nick, which doesn't help. It all depends on how much DLC we get and if the devs decide to change their minds, given that this would give TMNT six characters (compared to Spongebob's 3).

Want: 60% - It's hard to decide! I have a ton of other characters I want to see in first, and if we add new characters to an already repped franchise I'd rather see them do it for Danny Phantom, Spongebob, Avatar, or The Loud House (or, most importantly, adding Jimmy Neutron himself!), rather than TMNT. But on the other hand, I still LIKE the other two turtles and feel that it feels kinda jarring to have them missing. It'd be one thing if they picked just Leonardo to rep the four of them, but they decided to do specifically TWO, which feels a lot weirder and makes people more anxious for the other two. Like they crossed the point of no return. They have the same problem the Koopalings have in Mario Kart 8 (coincidentally, also turtles!) where they take up loads of roster slots but it'd be jarring to just have two or three since there's little to no hierarchy of importance. But I will agree that if they do decide to do the they should be towards the end after more of the big fan picks get in.

Nominations:
Robbie Rotten xHalf
(Rerate) Luna Loud xHalf

Predictions:
Silver Ball Era - 0.1% - There's very little to represent and nobody's asking for it, so no confidence here.

Tommy Pickles - 32.67% - He has demand but is also Ridley-style divisive, and there's loads of points for and against his inclusion (such as the lack of demand for more Rugrats reps) so it's difficult to score.

Bloom - 28.95% - Winx Club is reasonably well-known and I have seen some demand for her, but nowhere near Top 25. Italians LOVE Winx Club (Italy apparently loves Magical Girl shows and the original Winx Club was their creation since they wanted a magical girl show of their own!), but NASB doesn't yet have big international appeal to think about (the same point used against Motu Patlu). She's a difficult one to predict!

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Two out of Four Stars of the Critically Acclaimed Holiday Hit "We Wish You A Turtles Christmas"
Chance (for both): 10%

These two feel like PRIMO sequel bait to me, like if we get an NASB2 these two will be the first characters shown off because of how obvious and popular they are. For this game, though, I'm not really expecting them. TMNT is already the most repped series in this game with a whopping four characters, and for most people a fifth or sixth one would be overstepping the line by QUITE a bit. The devs have already indicated that they passed over adding four Turtles in favor of two plus April and Shredder for the sake of visual variety, making it unlikely that we get even one more Turtle in this game. (Which, they'd pretty much have to commit to adding both at this point since having "The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Minus One" would somehow be even weirder than having just Leo and Mikey like we do now.) Don and Raph may be popular, but their standing in the fandom has fallen quite a bit as most people agree that TMNT is done for now and the devs should focus on other series. More than any other, these characters SCREAM "wait for the sequel" rather than "add them as DLC for a game where their series already has top billing".

Want: 30%

I am sympathetic to Raph and Don fans' plight here, and I definitely think they should be added at some point since it does feel just the slightest bit awkward to only have two out of four Turtles. That said, this doesn't feel like the game for it for reasons I outlined above, so I have to knock off some points there. For next time, though, freakin' go for it.

Silver Ball Prediction: 0.5%
I don't even know what they COULD represent from here. The Silver Ball itself, I guess?

Tommy Prediction: 27%
This one could go literally anywhere from "he's a lock" to "he's not happening" depending on what individual attitudes are like.

Bloom Prediction: 15%
Imma be real, I completely forgot this show was even Nick.

Noms to Patchy

D

Deleted member

Cowabunga
Chance- 15%
We have four TMNT characters already. TMNT is an iconic and popular franchise, but I think they're gonna wanna focus on new franchises for DLC. They deliberately chose to do April and Shredder over the other two Turtles for character verity. I also see Raphael and Donatello as a package deal. We don't get one without the other. That's two potential DLC spots taken up. While they do share a similar body shape and desgin with their brothers, possibly making them slightly easier to create, they have different weapons and movesets, and would still take a fair bit of work. It all depends on how much DLC we get, but I really think they're gonna wanna focus more on stuff we haven't seen. TMNT currently has the most reps of any franchise in the game. More than Spongebob and Avatar. If a sequal was to happen, I think these two would be near locks.

Want- 50%
Part of me feels that we have enough TMNT representation already, and that they should focus on new and under repped franchises. But on the other hand, Raphael is my favourite Turtle and Donatello is pretty cool too. I'm a TMNT fan and it would be pretty nice to see the TMNT all together in this game. Would be great to be able to have a four player match between all four turtles. I'm definitely not begging for it. I want to see more new series instead of dabbling down on things like this. But I would not complain if they did show up.

Concept: Non 80's TMNT Represention (I know we have the comic skins but I'm specifically talking about any form of Rise, 2003 or 2012 representation)

Tommy: 58%
Bloom: 13%

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Donatello and Raphael

Chance - 5% - Yeah, they're on the backburner. The Devs have confirmed that they primarily did this weird arrangement due to how having 4 near-identical looking turtles looked in base-roster. We already have 4 TMNT characters, and we can't afford many more, as people really want other franchise in, especially with the franchise with the most characters already on it's roster.

Want - 40% - I can understand the want, but I'm willing to wait. I'd rather hold them off until latter.

Predictions

Silverball stuff - 0.68% - Not happening...

Tommy Pickles - 34.48% - I dunno...

Bloom - 14.65% - Winx are a big-ish deal, at least...

Nominations

Patchy the Pirate X5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The "I like turtles" kid is going insane

There is certainly some demand for Donatello and Raphael and if you were going to put in one of them, you minus as well as go all the way and put in the last one to complete the group. But the fact that they chose April and Shredder instead was certainly a conscience choice. It makes sense, considering that putting in all 4 at the same time might have been seen as overkill. Now when it comes to them being added as DLC? Maybe, but I agree with the general consensus that they fit better as sequel newcomers. Sure, add them when the roster is bigger, but right now most of the demand is going towards either new series or some series that could use another rep, especially considering that TMNT has the most amount of characters (Even more than Spongebob!). Maybe if we had one turtle left there might be a solid chance, but there's two left and again, they are kind of a package deal and I'm not sure there's enough space in the DLC to give a single series six reps.

Want: 45%

It is kind of weird not seeing all 4 turtles together so this score is mostly for the reunion factor. But this is six characters for one series we are talking about. We still got a couple Nickelodeon mainstays we are missing and plenty of cult classics that need some love and could spice up the roster. Maybe down the line when my most wanteds get in, but for now I lean no.

Predictions:
Silver Ball - 0.90% (This contains just a few shows and is before the devs time so I don't think anyone's asking for this)
Tommy Pickles - 10%
Bloom - 12%

Noms: Sanjay and Craig xMax

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Jorgen Von Strangle
Chance: 10.71%
Want: 53.33%
Winner of predictions is GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , with a prediction of 12%, you get 10 extra noms!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raph and also Don
Chances: 5%
They're both definitely glaring omissions from this game. However, we already have a pretty decent amount of TMNT content in the game. Them being sold as paid DLC doesn't seem very likely to me. They definitely have a good chance to appear in a potential NASB 2, though.
Want: Abstain
Silver prediction: 0.25%
Tommy prediction: 25%
Bloom prediction: 33%
Noms: Arnold x10
DAY OVER
Rate Tommy Pickles from Rugrats, Bloom from Winx Club, and Concept: "Silver ball era" representation. Predict Patchy the Pirate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom