• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Squidward

Chance - 80%

It's hard to give a rating to a SpongeBob character; SpongeBob's big enough to justify almost any number of characters, but who should get in and the need to spread franchises out makes it hard to say who, if any, will get in. Squidward remains one of the most popular characters and is seen as one of the main trio with Patrick and SpongeBob, but we know the dev team has been known to pick someone else if they feel like they have more potential or are more interesting concept-wise. While I consider him to be the most likely SpongeBob character to be chosen, I'm not a 100% sold on a new SpongeBob character, and there are others characters to consider.

Mr. Krabs

Chance - 70%

Unlike Squidward, he's more "on the side" compared to other characters. While still important, he's not quite on Squidward's or Plankton's level. While he obviously comes after them, and he is probably going to get in when theirs a sequel or something, but right now he's being a bit outcompeted to be certain.

Plankton

Chance - 75%

Plankton has the edge over his rival, I feel. His evil genius and status as a villain gives him some leg room to get over others. Other than that? Largely echoes from before.

Want for All - 80%

SpongeBob was my favorite series growing up. I still have some affection for the show today.

Nominations
Dib Membrane X50
Harvey Beaks X45
DreamWorks Character X20

LimeTH

Smash Lord
IT'S THE WAR UNDER THE SHORE: SPONGEBOB TRIPLE DAY

1644890898748.png

Chance: 70%

Like everyone's said, Squidward is a very popular character, and forms a trio of sorts with Spongebob and Patrick. He's basically a walking meme, is super recognizable, and the clarinet item has been scrapped, hinting that Unrecognized Talent may be in the running for the fourth Spongebob representative.
BUT, as far as character choices go, he seems almost too obvious and kind of a bland pick over someone more outlandish. Squidward has also historically had very very little playable appearances in video games, both Nicktoon crossovers and dedicated Spongebob games. Squidward has always felt like a more inactive character compared to everyone else, so he doesn't really scream "playable character" the same way Spongebob, Patrick and Sandy do.

Want: 40%
Guys, I'm gonna be honest with ya, I find post-movie Squidward just as grating and awful as every other flanderized character, if not moreso for how damn unpleasant his relentless hatred for every other character is. I think Squidward is the most likely, but I definitely want him the least out of the three. He just kinda feels like he'd be a boring pick and my personal distaste for the character kind of makes me want any other Spongebob character more. Plus letting him beat up Spongebob ruins the joke.
That said, I can't deny he'd make for a really funny character, and his potential movepool is pretty high, so I'm not completely against the idea of him being in.

ARMOR ABS KRABS
Chance: 60%

I don't think Mr. Krabs has ever been playable in a Nicktoons crossover, has he? If there's any time to bring in the five-time Golden Claws winner in the navy, it'd be in a fighting game. Mr. Krabs has really grown in prominence over the years (there was honestly a period where it felt like every episode was about him), he has legit fighting chops, and he's genuinely more of a meme machine that Squidward these days.
Though between Squidward (the tritagonist) and Plankton (the villain), he's got some very stiff competition, and maybe slightly less potential for funny moves.

Want: 80%
That Smash mod makes me want to play as Mr. Krabs so damn bad. His general shape and the way he runs is so damn funny and unique. I think out of all three, he'd be the most interesting, plus it'd be his first foray into a Nicktoons crossover, let the guy have his turn!

SPONGEBOB, IF YOU BRAP IN MY DIRECTION ONE MORE TIME-
Chance: 65%

Plankton was there for the first true Nicktoons crossover game, and he's the villain of the show with a good amount of moveset potential, so he feels slightly more likely than Krabs. Though like everyone's said, it wouldn't be all that exciting to just stick him in a random mech. Him and Karen together would be really funny though.

Want: 60%
I got no strong feelings about if I want Plankton or not. More that Squidward but less than Krabs. He'd be cool.

Predictions
Skullker:
40%
Lisa:
30%

5x noms to Daggett Beaver.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Spongebob Triple Day

Squidward

Chance: 90% -
I have to say, I'm super confident in Squidward's chances. Nick will no doubt want at least one more Spongebob rep in the game, and Squiward's got so much going for him. The devs want him, he always places top 10 (if not Top 5) in fan polls, he's remained the most relatable and lovable character while others like Spongebob, Patrick, and Krabs have been horrible flanderized, and the devs have even dropped hints at Squidward. From cryptic Twitter comments to the removal of Squidward's Clarinet from the datamined items, it shows that they likely have Squidward planned for something. And in a game where fan demand is more important than ever, Squidward has a massive edge. Plus he has meme culture on his side, and clearly the NASB devs love their memes. Sure, they did pass him over for Sandy, but there's really no major competition other than Krabs or Plankton left, and even if they love memes I really don't see Doodlebob getting in.

Want: 100% - Everything about Squiddy would be incredible! His weird movements, music-based moves, and incredible voice lines once VA is added this year, he's gonna be such a fun character. Pre-movie Spongebob is one of my favorite nicktoons, only behind Danny Phantom and Avatar, so I'm always down for more Spongebob reps! Squidward is an incredibly relatable and fun character, and by far one of the most quotable characters in the series. Plus, if they wanted to get creative, then who WOULDN't want a Bubble Bowl stage with crazy light effects and Sweet Victory playing in the background?! He was a big part of my childhood so I would be more than down to see him in the game!

Mr. Krabs

Chance: 75% -
Mr. Krabs is a strong contender for the fourth Spongebob slot as well. While he doesn't do as well on fan polls, he's still very well-liked, and I've seen him on plenty of most wanted lists! Krabs plays a huge role in the show (larger than Sandy I'd say), I'd say he's 4th in line behind the Conch Street trio. Plus Krabs himself is no slouch in the meme department, which is always a good asset to have! Krabs is also a natural fighter, so there'd be little to no issue making a moveset for him, and you can easily mix it up by giving him a money gimmick too. There's a lot you could do with him! Plus we don't have the Krusty Krab yet as a stage, which is by far one of the most iconic locations on the show. Really, most of what helps Squidward helps Krabs as well, aside from competition with Squiddy himself.

Want: 100% - Ignoring the post movie seasons, Krabs is a hilarious and memorable character, and is just as much of a part of my childhood as Squiddy is! Plus Hamburgers have always been my favorite food, so I've always had a soft spot for the Krusty Krab x3. Krabs has a lot of fantastic ideas for his moveset, hell imagine if a "coin rush" esque mode activated when someone plays Krabs, and he had to collect money that flew from opponents! Krabs also has a very interesting physique that lends itself very nicely to hilarious animations, including that iconic walk of his. I think he'd be a fantastic addition to the roster, and I still think that not having the Krusty Krab as a stage is a wasted opportunity!

Plankton

Chance: 40% -
Plankton's an odd case. He's a major character (though not as big as Krabs or Squidward) and is an obvious choice if the devs want to add more villains. Conversely, the devs aren't adding characters based on "groups" so just because we got Shredder doesn't mean we're suddenly gonna be getting tons of villains. There's also the issue of how they'd handle his small size. Unlike characters like Olimar (who's the size of a nickel canonically), a big part of Plankton's character and gags is how much smaller than everyone else. You could put him in a mach, have him with Karen, but either way he himself wouldn't be very visible. Plankton would be a difficult character to handle. And if they want to or have to add another Spongebob, fan favorite Squidward is right there, who'd be much easier than figuring out Plankton. Still, he's a super important character so he still gets a decent score!

Want: 70% - More mixed feelings on Plankton! he was a big part of my childhood as well and definitely one of my favorite Nick villains! Though at the same time, aside from the aforementioned size issues, having him get in 4th would feel kinda odd. More villains are fun, but Plankton without Krabs feels way weirder than Krabs without Plankton! Still, I'm sure they could figure something out for him, Plankton's a very colorful and fun character!

I've heard a lot of people saying that they wouldn't be particularly excited for another Spongebob rep, a big reason being "safe and corporate" or the effect Spongebob has had on future Nicktoons. Or even that they simply don't wanna see a fourth rep right now when there's other franchises to add, especially after TMNT just got its' fourth rep. The latter point I agree, as much as I want these characters, I wouldn't choose one of them as the first paid DLC slot (then again, we're more than likely getting Corporate and Safe 90's Nostalgia character instead as our first DLC character), we should get someone like Jimmy, Timmy, or Jenny first. As for the former point, while Spongebob would be a "safe" choice, these characters are more than that. I get being burned by how awful Modern Spongebob is, trust me I hate it too. But I still love those first three seasons (along with a few Season 4 ones like Krusty Towers). These characters aren't just corporate tools, they're beloved and ADORED characters who made people's childhoods. I respect your opinion but I think you're really underselling them. They're cultural zeitgeists, , everyone knows them. Spongebob is the Mario of this game, and while I understand not wanting another Spongebob rep right away, saying that there shouldn't be more is absurd. Really, if you want a TRUE pure corporate pick then look no further than THIS character!

Nominations:
Catscratch Trio x20
Luna Loud x5

Predictions:
Lisa Loud - 13.54% - The Loud House has an uphill battle due to fanbase unpopularity, along with Lisa potentially stepping on Jimmy Neutron's turf. She's also not one of the more popular Loud sisters so competition will lead to lower scores.

Skulker - 32.91% - Skulker has datamined voice lines so that'll be a huge boost, so I do see some confidence in him, even if he isn't as likely as Vlad.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've heard a lot of people saying that they wouldn't be particularly excited for another Spongebob rep, a big reason being "safe and corporate" or the effect Spongebob has had on future Nicktoons. Or even that they simply don't wanna see a fourth rep right now when there's other franchises to add, especially after TMNT just got its' fourth rep. The latter point I agree, as much as I want these characters, I wouldn't choose one of them as the first paid DLC slot (then again, we're more than likely getting Corporate and Safe 90's Nostalgia character instead as our first DLC character), we should get someone like Jimmy, Timmy, or Jenny first. As for the former point, while Spongebob would be a "safe" choice, these characters are more than that. I get being burned by how awful Modern Spongebob is, trust me I hate it too. But I still love those first three seasons (along with a few Season 4 ones like Krusty Towers). These characters aren't just corporate tools, they're beloved and ADORED characters who made people's childhoods. I respect your opinion but I think you're really underselling them. They're cultural zeitgeists, , everyone knows them. Spongebob is the Mario of this game, and while I understand not wanting another Spongebob rep right away, saying that there shouldn't be more is absurd. Really, if you want a TRUE pure corporate pick then look no further than THIS character!
or maybe we just dont like the characters

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Squidward
Chance: 85%
One advantage Squidward has over the other two is that he's easily the most demanded SpongeBob character, and one of the most requested characters in general. He's also a very important character in the SpongeBob series itself. If we get any SpongeBob character, he seems like the most obvious choice. However, Plankton or Krabs getting added instead is still a real possibility.
Want: 100%
Squidward is one of my favorite characters. I think he definitely deserves to be in this game.

Abstaining from Krabs and Plankton because it's taking me too long to rate them.
Lisa prediction: 8%
Skulker prediction: 30%
Noms: Miko x15

DAY OVER
New day starts now. Rate Lisa Loud and Skulker. Predict Carl Wheezer.
Calculations will come in a few hours just in case any last minute ratings happen.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Alright new day let's go who's first? ...Skulker huh?

Googles Skulker Oh, from Danny Phantom. I really need to rewatch that show cause I can't remember a single character. Abstain.

Then comes... Lisa Loud. Sure, let's go

A quick Google search reveals that this is the one with the glasses. She's the science genius of the cast, a prodigy with a PhD and a Nobel laureate at the age of 4. And that's kinda where it all falls apart for me. First, the age; the Rugrats were most likely skipped over because of potential concerns regarding kids getting beat up. Sure, the Rugrats are mainly babies, but they could have gone with Angelica (who's 3) and they still preferred Reptar. I'll give them this: Rugrats characters look very much like kids their age whereas Loud House characters are more cartoony so there might not be as big a concern but still. Then there's the big-headed elephant in the room: Jimmy Neutron. Yeah, kid who does the science is a very vague concept and I'm sure Lisa has very different applications of it that would no doubt differentiate her from Jimbo, but the fact remains. Would they give us two science kids for DLC? Unlikely. Not only would that feel redundant, but Lisa has 8 sisters that could take her spot and when your concept is redundant you're likely to be outprioritized. Now maybe Lisa is the most popular sister, I wouldn't know, but without notable demand from this game's playerbase I don't see her.

Chance: 8%
Want: 20%

The extent of my connection to the cast of the Loud House is "I like the art style" so without an interesting concept for the moveset there's not much else to draw me. Sorry

Noms to Doug

I guess I'll start doing predictions because why not. I'm giving 20.33% to Carl

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
i thought drill dozer was game freak, not ni-Oh NVM (joke)

Anyway, abstain, 2 noms for sitcom stage, 2 noms for KCAs stage, 1 nom for Parker (the cloud, not the warty puppet), 12% prediction for Carl.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Calculation time!
Squidward
Chance: 81.81%
Want: 69% (Nice.)
Winner of predictions is DaUsername DaUsername , who predicted 85%. 5 extra noms
Mr. Krabs
Chance: 68.33%
Want: 72.70%
Winner of predictions is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire , who predicted 65.26%, you get 5 extra noms.
Plankton
Chance: 66.67%
Want: 61.70%
Winners of predictions are DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 and LimeTH LimeTH , who both predicted 70%, you each get 5 extra noms.

Pretty good day for all 3 characters, as they all made it to the top 10 for Chance. Krabs and Squidward were the only ones to make top 10 for Want, though. Sorry, Plankton.

D

Deleted member

Can I just say that this is an extremely funny paring.

Skulker
Chance - 40%
He gets the same rating as Ember. They both are Danny Phantom villains and both have the issue that I think they'll for Vlad first if they choose to give DP a second rep, and then they have competition with both each other and other DP villians such as Technus. He does have slightly more going for him, that being his presence in the game's files.

Want - 40%
He seems cool. I do think Danny Phantom deserves a second rep but there are maybe other characters I would choose there. He seems like he would be fun through, I'm allways up for big bruiser characters.

Abstain on Lisa.

Noms to Chin and Fred again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm just going to quote my Lucy Loud writeup since pretty much everything I said about her applies to Lisa.

I was going to abstain on Leni but then I saw the multiple abstains in a row. So I'm going to take a crack at it.

Chance: 15%

Judging by the prediction scores and a few comments, I don't think people around here give The Loud House enough credit. According to Wikipedia it became the top rated children's animated series on American television with its first month on the air. It has won awards, it's getting two movies, and has a spin-off series. So clearly it's very popular and successful and thus even with two characters on the roster already I can see it getting a third rep.

But there are a few concerns I have. One, apparently the devs had to fight to get Lucy Loud into the base roster. Considering the series' success, I imagine this had to do with other Loud House characters being more popular or marketable. idk maybe Nickelodeon has some analytics that tells them that Lucy Loud is one of the least favored members of the cast, but it does raise my eyebrow. And secondly, Leni is competing with eight siblings for a DLC spot. Now I've never watched the Loud House, nor have I engaged with the fanbase, so I have no clue who the more popular characters are. But in any case that is stiff competition which is the main reason why this score is so low.

Want: 0%

I have no interest in The Loud House at all. It aired after I dropped television and stopped paying attention to new cartoons so I didn't even know this show existed until this game was announced. I would have given it a slightly higher score if it didn't have any reps, but it already has two characters so it's not like Leni would represent a new series. So yeah she wouldn't do anything for me and I wouldn't buy a Loud House character.

Mohawk ghost

Chance: 45%

I may be wrong about this as it's been a while since I've watched Danny Phantom but to my knowledge Skulker is one of the more important villains on the show, possibly second to Vlad when it comes to priority. Again, I think Danny Phantom is a popular enough show to warrant a second character. But if we were to get another character it would most likely be Vlad. I've seen some demand for Skulker and he seems to be relatively popular in the fanbase but I'm not quite sure if that's going to be enough for him to be chosen over the main villain of the show. And the series getting three reps is a very big question mark, although I guess it's not completely out of the question.

Want: 70%

This is the same score I gave to Vlad which means I would be fine with either villain making it in. But dam Skulker is really cool. He wears a legitimately cool armor suit which according to the Danny Phantom wiki gives him lasers, blades, and missile launchers. How cool is that? Plus Skulker appears enough in the show to the point where if he did get in over Vlad it wouldn't feel too weird.

Prediction: Carl - 44%

Noms: The Box Ghost x20

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Eyy, my first win. Also my first crack at a Loud House character. Gonna make this short since I don't have much to say about either choice this time, but I don't want to abstain.

Skullker
Chance: 20%
Want: 15%

I was a casual enough fan of Danny Phantom that I remember Skullker, but I don't remember much about him. He'd be cool and interesting, and he was the second most prominent villain on the show, but he has competition from Vlad, Ember, and any other potential DP character like Sam. I really don't know what to say about the guy and I have preferences for other DP characters, so he scores low in my book.

Lisa Loud
Chance: 30%
Want: 15%

Did you know The Loud House has a lot of characters? Because it does.
So I think another Loud House rep might not be too out of the question (but maybe not a sure thing. The Casagrandes did just get cancelled) and Lisa seems like a worthy contender for the spot compared to the likes of Leni, Lori, etc. Lisa is a science kid, so the potential is there.
BUT, on one hand, Luna and Luann feel like they beat her out for the most and second most likely respectively, and on the other, Jimmy Neutron.
Plus given the devs had to fight for Lucy, of all characters, despite her already being in KR2? It's possible Nick might not budge if they decide Lisa isn't worth it.
I'm not too versed in TLH, but I think if you told me to pick one more character to include, it'd be Luna. (if Lucy wasn't already in, she'd be my pick, funny enough.)

Carl gets a 35% from me. I think memes will make him a contender, but definitely not as much as Hugh.

Noms
Half for Daggett
Half for Dog Disguise GIR

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Goodness Gracious That Man Is Large

I'm willing to give him a slightly higher score than Ember since he at least has an announcer call in the game files. Other than that, most of my previous points about a Danny Phantom character still apply, i.e. I don't really think it's gonna happen this game and if it does, it'll almost certainly be Vlad.

Want: Abstain
Obligatory "I didn't watch this show enough to know who this character is" post, blah blah blah, next character.

The Science Prodigy From That Other Nick Show
Chance: 5%

Yeah, I'm going that low. I think it's reasonably likely that we get A Loud House Character at some point simply due to how many there are to choose between, but from what I'm hearing about her, Lisa just does not strike me as a top contender. She's got ~8 other sisters to contend with (maybe a little less if you rule out obvious no-goes and stage cameos), and that's without even considering other Loud House characters like Ronnie Ann or, more likely, Clyde that could stand in her way. TLH is a series that suffers from SEVERE overcrowding in terms of potential characters, which I honestly think makes the chances of any one of them getting in super low due to pure diffusion. The real nail in the coffin for Lisa in particular, I think, is the fact that there's already another "kid genius" character who's almost certainly coming to the game at some point. Normally, I wouldn't let potential overlap like this cloud my vision, but when it's such a specific role and she's basically crowded out as is, I don't see the devs wanting to pick this character unless there's some SEVERE idea overflow with Jimmy and they decide they wanna make another "science wiz who makes inventions" moveset. If we do get a Loud House character as DLC, I really don't think Lisa is gonna be it.

I have never seen an episode of The Loud House since it's way after my time and frankly, it looks super average and boring to me (much like Lincoln himself, funnily enough). Thus I cannot bring myself to care about this character or any other from the series. If it happens, it'll be the most extreme "whatever" pick to me.

Carl Prediction: 18%
I mostly nominated Carl because I thought it'd be funny to discuss him, but I'm actually seeing some surprisingly high prediction scores for him? That said, when Jimmy's not even in the game yet and most see Hugh as the go-to second JN rep at this point in time, I don't see Carl racking up too high of scores.

I guess now that my guy Wheezer's up next, I'll dump my noms into Zuko since I think he'd bring some genuinely good discussion to the table.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Skulker

Chance: 40% -
I can definitely see Skulker taking a slot at some point! He is one of the most important villains on the show and second most prominent overall, and definitely the most important member of Danny's Rogue's gallery (even seen leading the charge in episodes like Reign Storm where multiple Rogue's Gallery members were involved). He's gotten more episodes about him than any other villain sans Vlad, so I can see why he was prioritized for an announcer call in the game's files while ghosts like Ember and Technus weren't. Skulker's got all of the merits to be the second Danny Phantom rep! The only real issues for him are competition with Vlad, who the devs may see as more important (even if Skulker without Vlad wouldn't be too odd), along with Danny getting a second rep at all (ever since his show ended he always gets stuck by himself in crossovers). Either way, I'd see Skulker as a dark horse to look for once the Big Four are done or almost done!

Want: 100% - While I do think Vlad should get priority, Skulker is a super cool character with a loads of moveset potential and great interactions with Danny! Skulker's actually a tiny blob ghost in a mech suit, and thus there are loads of gadgets at his disposal (and, thinking about it, he makes more sense as a mech character than Plankton would). Lasers, missile launchers, you name it! Alongside that, loads of cool gadgets and hunting equipment are in Skulker's arsenal, allowing for a very versatile playstyle! Danny Phantom, my favorite Nicktoon, really deserves another rep, and Skulker is one of my favorite members of his rogue's gallery, so go for it!

Lisa Loud

Chance: 8% -
It's really no secret that The Loud House will probably get a third rep at some point during the DLC, and there's plenty of moveset potential for Lisa! However, she has so much competition that her chances are heavily distilled. Five of her siblings have been removed from the pool of potential competition there (Lincoln and Lucy are playable; Lynn Jr., Lola, and Lily are stage cameos). Though Lisa is still one of the least popular sisters, and she has fan favorites to go up against like Luna and Luan. Furthermore, they could always forego another sister and go with Clyde instead, who's Lincoln's best friend and was in the second Kart Racing game alongside Lincoln and Lucy. There's also Ronnie Anne, though with The Casagrandes getting cancelled, I don't think Nick will ask to put emphasis on her. There's also the fact that Lisa shares an archtype with a heavily requested second most likely member of the Big Four. And while there's plenty one can do to separate her from Jimmy Neutron, I highly doubt the devs are going to do both. Lisa's definitely a possibility, but not one I have a lot of confidence in.

Want: 50% - I'm probably one of the few people who likes Lisa, she's absolutely adorable! I do think that she has merit as a fighter, and like I said, there's ways to separate her from Jimmy. She's heavily focused on experimentation, and while she has an invention overlap with Jimmy, she could also focus on other aspects of science, such as her infamous chemical explosions! She also LOVES West Coast Rap, so mixing some rapper moves into her set would be another way to help mix her up and set herself apart from Jimmy. So they can coexist! Nonetheless, right now I have other character priorities, and if we're only gonna have one kid genius in the game, it should be Jimmy Neutron!

Nominations:
Catscratch Trio x10
Luna Loud x10

Predictions:
Carl Wheezer - 12.82% - Memes to help him a ton, but with Jimmy himself not even in the game yet I'm not predicting many high scores.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Goodness Gracious That Man Is Large

I'm willing to give him a slightly higher score than Ember since he at least has an announcer call in the game files. Other than that, most of my previous points about a Danny Phantom character still apply, i.e. I don't really think it's gonna happen this game and if it does, it'll almost certainly be Vlad.

Obligatory "I didn't watch this show enough to know who this character is" post, blah blah blah, next character.

The Science Prodigy From That Other Nick Show

Yeah, I'm going that low. I think it's reasonably likely that we get A Loud House Character at some point simply due to how many there are to choose between, but from what I'm hearing about her, Lisa just does not strike me as a top contender. She's got ~8 other sisters to contend with (maybe a little less if you rule out obvious no-goes and stage cameos), and that's without even considering other Loud House characters like Ronnie Ann or, more likely, Clyde that could stand in her way. TLH is a series that suffers from SEVERE overcrowding in terms of potential characters, which I honestly think makes the chances of any one of them getting in super low due to pure diffusion. The real nail in the coffin for Lisa in particular, I think, is the fact that there's already another "kid genius" character who's almost certainly coming to the game at some point. Normally, I wouldn't let potential overlap like this cloud my vision, but when it's such a specific role and she's basically crowded out as is, I don't see the devs wanting to pick this character unless there's some SEVERE idea overflow with Jimmy and they decide they wanna make another "science wiz who makes inventions" moveset. If we do get a Loud House character as DLC, I really don't think Lisa is gonna be it.

I have never seen an episode of The Loud House since it's way after my time and frankly, it looks super average and boring to me (much like Lincoln himself, funnily enough). Thus I cannot bring myself to care about this character or any other from the series. If it happens, it'll be the most extreme "whatever" pick to me.

Carl Prediction: 18%
I mostly nominated Carl because I thought it'd be funny to discuss him, but I'm actually seeing some surprisingly high prediction scores for him? That said, when Jimmy's not even in the game yet and most see Hugh as the go-to second JN rep at this point in time, I don't see Carl racking up too high of scores.

I guess now that my guy Wheezer's up next, I'll dump my noms into Zuko since I think he'd bring some genuinely good discussion to the table.
I'm not expecting Clyde to be playable unless Nick forces the dev team to add him. There isn't a whole lot unique about him and he would be nothing more than a moveset clone of Lincoln.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Skulker

Chance - 50% - Skulker is easily Danny's 2nd most notable adversary after Vlad himself. While he may have been slightly less important, he's still very prominent to the point where Skulker occasionally acts as a hired henchman for Vlad, while still doing his own thing, appearing as the 2nd most reoccurring enemy, again after Vlad. In my mind, he has one big advantage over Vlad, and that's move set potential. Vlad was designed to be Danny's dark opposite and therefore share a large number of abilities. While this makes sense for an adversary, this does mean that his move set would be less exiting compared to other characters. Skulker, on the other hand, is basically a Predator with an array of hi-tech hunting gear. Ludocity has shown a preference for more unusual picks if they feel that they can make a more interesting move set out of someone, and I think Skulker at the very least would be more of a Ludocity pick than Vlad.

Want - 90% - Probably my most wanted for next Danny character. The right mix of interesting move set and importance, in my eyes.

Lisa Loud

Repeating what I said on Leni Loud's day.

Chance - 8.33% - The big problem with the Loud house not only is it that it's already represented, but it has many characters who are just about as valid as each other. The end result is them cannibalizing each other's chances. I'd be hard pressed to ask which one should get in over another, so for them I'm simply taking the 50% chance I'm giving to them all, and splitting it evenly between the six siblings that are not already in the game.

Want - 50% - Eh. I'm not attached to the Loud House, so it's mostly going to come down to how they are implemented in.

Predictions

Carl Wheezer - 10.24% - Jimmy needs to get in first.

Nominations

Dib X5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm not expecting Clyde to be playable unless Nick forces the dev team to add him. There isn't a whole lot unique about him and he would be nothing more than a moveset clone of Lincoln.
Okay, but it's still a possibility you gotta consider when talking about TLH characters. I knew someone would point it out if I didn't mention him, anyway. Besides, even if you count Clyde out of the running somehow, that doesn't really detract from my point that Lisa is simply crowded out at the moment.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
You could give him an ARGGH!-based ghost hunter moveset, works with his baking ability, there's stuff you could do!

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Lisa Loud
I feel like if we were to get a child mad scientist as a playable character, it would be the one who is currently the most requested character for the game. She isn't even that demanded as far as Loud characters go. Things aren't looking good for her.
Want: 5%
While I do enjoy The Loud House, Lisa isn't really one of my preferred picks. I don't really have anything against Lisa, I just think there's better choices out there.
Abstaining from Skulker.

Carl prediction: 21%
Noms: Luan Loud x15

DAY OVER
Rate Carl Wheezer, predict Doug.​

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

carl-jimmy-neutron.gif

Carl

Chance - 15%

We don't have Jimmy yet, and while Carl does have a pretty big following due to the large amounts of memes about him, and how genuinely lovable he is, he faces competition for a potential second Jimmy Neutron slot with the likes of Hugh and Sheen.

Want - 50%

Hell yeah. I love this little weirdo and I think that they could do a genuinely fun moveset for him. I'd just want Jimmy in first.

Noms to Crimson Chin

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Abstain on Carl, predicting a hard 0 for poor ol' Douglas. Those negotiations are very expensive and best spent elsewhere. I feel he's a little more likely than that and I may talk about it on that day, but only marginally

All noms for Concept: Any kind of "Silver Ball" era representation/acknowledgement.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I've got no joke this time

Carl Wheezer certainly is a meme-worthy character and is best friends with Jimmy so there's merit right there. We know that Jimmy is going to come first, so the question comes down to: Who would be the second rep from this show? I do believe that the answer is most likely Hugh Neutron since he was a huge request before the game came out and I have a feeling that when Jimmy gets in, Hugh will steal the spotlight again. Not to mention Sheen has his own memes too so in general Carl has a lot of obstacles in his way.

Want: 70%

I did watch a lot of Jimmy Neutron and I think he would be funny so I'd take him. But even putting aside Jimmy who should get in first, I do kind of want Hugh in before Carl.

Prediction: Doug - 10%
It's Disney. I think a lot of people are going to be very worried for his chances.

Noms: The Box Ghost x5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
it's ok if i don't play wired jim, my computer's close to the router
Chance: 10%

Carl doesn't strike me as a "first game" type of pick, if that makes sense. With Jimmy himself not even in the game yet, adding a JN rep other than him is a hard sell, and if we do get one, Carl is firmly overshadowed by Hugh in terms of demand right now. Even aside from him, Sheen's about on par with Carl in terms of importance and meme appeal, so it's pretty much a cointoss there. Still, him being one of the "main trio" so to speak for a popular show does give him at least some merit to be up for consideration. Even so, I don't really expect Carl to be added until next game at best.

Want: 100%
Oh my God I love Carl. He's ****ing hilarious. Even as a kid, he was probably my favorite Nickelodeon character due to how weird, yet contained he is (I always found Sheen a little grating, to tell you the truth) and over the years, the numerous memes featuring him have only endeared me to the guy more. Plus, I mean, his voice is hilarious. Rob Paulsen's probably one of my favorite voice actors solely because of Carl. Besides, he's just endlessly fun to imitate. Observe:

Doug Prediction: 4%
Considering he's one of the few characters I've heard discussed as a "never-ever" pick for this game, I don't expect Douglas to garner too many (if any) non-single-digit scores.

Noms to Zuko

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Cwason
Outside of the context of NASB, Carl is just as much as a meme as Hugh. Unfortunately, he wasn't the big meme request when it came to Jimmy Neutron reps. Not to mention, well, we currently don't have a single member of the Neutron family playable. But hey, I guess memelord developers don't have to stick solely to NASB memes.

Want: 50%
Same deal as Hugh, I don't necessarily see a meme as the best second JN rep choice.

Douglath Prediction: 5%.
Much like Mr. Dink's stuff, he would be VERY EXPENSIVE, and this game doesn't have the money to pay Disney.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
RUBY MADNESS!

Want: 5%

I think I might have ranked Carl too high in my prediction. Jimmy isn't here yet, and if any meme pick is happening it's gonna be Hugh. There are too many other JN characters that could be a potential third slot, but would JN even GET a third slot?
I can't really imagine what Carl's moves would be. And like I said in my Hugh ranking, I don't really care much for a good chunk of JN's cast. I thought Carl was kind of annoying honestly. If they figure him out, then I'd be interested in seeing it, but he's not even on my list of hopefuls.

Doug prediction, hoo boy....5%

5x noms for Daggett, per usual.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Carl Wheezer

Chance - 5% - Hugh was a major meme request during the early days. Combined with Jimmy still not even in, and I have a hard time seeing how he would get in. He simply is out-prioritized.

Want - 40% - Similar feelings to Hugh. Jimmy's one of my most wanted, and Jimmy need to get in first.

Predictions

Doug - 2.34% - Bought by Disney says it all...

Nominations

Put them all to Dib Membrane.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Say it ain't so

He has the memes. What he doesn't have is priority over the protagonist of the show, the huge meme demand, or even the kid that got a spinoff. I think we'll probably see Ultra Lord or that James Bond guy who looks like Rocky Gervais before Carl.

Want: 30%
I like him and I think he's quite funny. But I can't imagine him translating to a fighter without being kinda cringe.

Doug predictions: like 5%

Give my noms to whichever of the Angry Beavers has more

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Carl Wheezer

Chance: 10% -
Not feeling too confident in our world champion Llama breeder. Carl does have memes on his side, even before Hugh did, but that would've helped him way more in base game rather than in DLC. And unlike his best friend, Carl doesn't have an announcer call in the game, even though Cindy got one. Carl, while having a modest amount of requests, isn't topping the charts like Hugh is, and when Jimmy himself isn't even in yet, I don't feel too confident in Carl.

Want: 50% - Don't get me wrong, Carl's hilarious! I always loved his gags in the show, and he has a lot of silly things that could allow for an extremely unorthodox movest (I'd LOVE to see him summon Llamas!). However, we still need the main character himself, and unlike say, Sheen, Carl was never the star of his own show. So I don't feel that pulling a Spring Man on Jimmy would be justified. After Jimmy gets in, however, I'd definitely be down for him if they create something wacky and fun!

Nominations:
Catscratch Trio x10
Luna Loud x 25

Predictions:
Doug - 4.28% - Not expecting any confidence in Doug. Despite his status as one of the first Nicktoons, him being under Disney's umbrella will be seen as a brick wall to his chances. Unlike Smash, All Star Brawl doesn't yet have the prestige (though unlike Sora, Doug likely won't come with nearly the royalty fee Sora would).

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Carl
Chance: 10%
Carl has done pretty well on fan polls. Unfortunately for him, Jimmy and Hugh have done significantly better. Even them, I feel like there's a lot of other characters from the show they would prioritize over Carl. Like Sheen or Ultra Lord or one of the villains.
Want: 50%
I like Carl and would be cool with his inclusion. I'm not actively wishing for him like I am for Jimmy and Hugh, though.

Doug prediction: 3%
Noms: Luan Loud x5

DAY OVER
04e.jpg
New day time. Rate Doug from Doug, predict Dib Membrane from Invader Zim.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
**** that theme song

Chance: 0%
Doug was bought by Disney. Disney is now one of the biggest megacorps in the planet and the biggest of the Hollywood studios (whereas Paramount, the owners of Nick, is the smallest of the majors). Disney has absolutely no reason to license out a cartoon they own to the competition, especially given cartoons are their main brand and they want everything they own associated firmly with Disney to sell their streaming service. Plus this game has nowhere near the pedigree a game like Smash has so they won't be making exceptions for NASB. Even if they did, they'd likely charge a ton, and this is definitely a budget game.

Want: also 0%
**** this guy. **** his lame-ass show. And **** that annoying ****ing theme song that's stuck in my head now.

Noms: the Beaver with the most noms

For Dib I predict 9%

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Doug

Chance: 0.5% -
Despite his fan demand and importance as one of Nick's first Nicktoons, I can't give Doug a score higher than this. Nick sold the show to Disney, which is a massive brick wall right there. Smash has the prestige that allowed Disney to make an exception, and unlike Nickelodeon, Nintendo isn't a direct competitor. So this basically obliterates all other factors entirely. He at least doesn't have any inter-series competition (unless they add Mr. Dink for the memes instead) and he at least wouldn't cost nearly as much as Sora would. Still, Disney's a direct competitor, so poor Doug won't be returning home any time soon. But then again, we saw Banjo and Kazooie come home, so there's hope for the future.

Want - 60% - Probably one of the few who liked Doug! It wasn't one of my favorite shows of the era but I still did really like it! It was pretty plain but also wholesome and relaxing. Definitely a great palette cleanser after shows like Rocko or CatDog. Doug has a very active imagination, his imagine spots tend to get very grand and surreal, so there's plenty of ideas for moves like there! and as much as I'd love to see them add Mr. Dink, Doug definitely comes first! The only opposition to Doug that I'd have is simply wanting other characters more, alongside the 90's already getting a ton of love in the base game.

Nominations:
Luna Loud x15
Mr. X (the X's) x10

Predictions:
Dib - 17.25% - Zim tends to appear by himself in crossovers, and while Dib gets modest fan demand there isn't much of a push right now for more Invader Zim content.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Want: also 0%
** this guy. ** his lame-ass show. And **** that annoying ****ing theme song that's stuck in my head now.
Well this makes it incredibly ironic that you were the one who nommed him unless you really wanted to see a bunch of zeroes. And here's one right now.

Hey Doug Funnie, looks like you're gonna be stuck in Disneyland! rogerlaugh.wav
Chance: 0%.
Remember when Sora was considered extremely unlikely because of the unholy combination of Stingy Squenix, The Mouse, and Square already getting a rep early in both FPs? Well the difference there is that Nintendo WAS willing to spend that money to satisfy the demands of those two companies, while Nick has gotten stingier when it comes to funding crossover games compared to over a decade ago, only loosening their grip because NASB sold enough to fund voice acting. Not to mention, well, Disney is far more likely to see Viacom as a rival than a video game company. MS was willing to work with Nintendo/Sony because of Minecraft already being on their systems, while Disney didn't have any reason to work with Viacom after Paramount stopped making MCU movies. Any licensing fees that Jenny/Jimmy/Timmy might require, if they even exist, are thus going to be chump change compared to Disney's property.

Want: 25%.
The show may be called Doug, but I watched it for the rest of the cast. That's why I made two Mr. Dink references with my prediction, which in hindsight was probably too generous.

Noms: Pelswick X5.

D

Deleted member

Doug
Chances - 0.5%
There is an obvious issue here, and that is the house of Mouse. I can't see Disney aggreing to lend their character to a rival studio, even if it is a character and IP they don't even use all that much, and I personally don't think this game is currently big enough for Viacom to justify spending the money needed to get Doug. It took Nintendo until the very end of Smash Ultimate's life to get Sora in, and while Doug is obviously not as big of an IP as Kingdom Hearts, I stil feel the chances of poor Douglas getting in are slim to none.

Want - 40%

This is one where I don't have any real attachment to the character or franchise but I understand the significance of the pick. I never really watched the show so I don't know what his moveset would be, other than working Quailman in there.

Noms to Crimson Chin

If Doug was allowed then I know who I'm gonna start nominating next

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im certainly of the opinion that being owned by disney give doug a 0% chance dont really have anything else to say on the matter and im gonna abstain on want as i dont remember the show to well. did he have i movie? i think i saw that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom