• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I was going to abstain on Leni but then I saw the multiple abstains in a row. So I'm going to take a crack at it.

Chance: 15%

Judging by the prediction scores and a few comments, I don't think people around here give The Loud House enough credit. According to Wikipedia it became the top rated children's animated series on American television with its first month on the air. It has won awards, it's getting two movies, and has a spin-off series. So clearly it's very popular and successful and thus even with two characters on the roster already I can see it getting a third rep.

But there are a few concerns I have. One, apparently the devs had to fight to get Lucy Loud into the base roster. Considering the series' success, I imagine this had to do with other Loud House characters being more popular or marketable. idk maybe Nickelodeon has some analytics that tells them that Lucy Loud is one of the least favored members of the cast, but it does raise my eyebrow. And secondly, Leni is competing with eight siblings for a DLC spot. Now I've never watched the Loud House, nor have I engaged with the fanbase, so I have no clue who the more popular characters are. But in any case that is stiff competition which is the main reason why this score is so low.

Want: 0%

I have no interest in The Loud House at all. It aired after I dropped television and stopped paying attention to new cartoons so I didn't even know this show existed until this game was announced. I would have given it a slightly higher score if it didn't have any reps, but it already has two characters so it's not like Leni would represent a new series. So yeah she wouldn't do anything for me and I wouldn't buy a Loud House character.

The show that acknowledged my fear of food touching each other when I was little

The Mighty B does have a few merits. It did fairly well viewership-wise and was nominated for some awards. But overall there isn't a lot that makes it stand out from the competition. The show is now 10+ years old and I don't really hear people talk about it like they talk about shows like Back at the Barnyard or El Tigre. It also doesn't have much demand so in general I don't think Bessie will be a high priority for the team.

Want: 55%

The Mighty B wasn't one of my favorite Nick shows but I enjoyed it. I wouldn't be hyped for Bessie's inclusion but I would certainly be accepting of her since she would represent one of the shows from my childhood that I've actually watched a good amount of.

Prediction: Sokka - 25%

Noms: Dudley Puppy x15

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Bessie

Chance: 20%
Mighty B is usually considered a C-tier Nicktoon. Mistreated by the network like 90% of their shows, but not beloved enough to be considered even a cult classic. A character like her would need notable demand to get in, and she doesn't have it from what I've seen (I'm like her only supporter lmao).

Her one saving grace, imo, is weirdness. Once we get past the upper echelon of characters it should be everyone's game. Given the devs' comments they have a preference for comedic, wacky characters whose oddities translate to odd movesets. Maybe Bessie appeals to them.

Want: 100%
One of my most wanted right here. The Mighty B was one of my favorite shows growing up. Something about Bessie's obsessive and aggro personality while still being a total goofball made her a likable and funny protagonist and the comedy landed. Maybe if I rewatched it I'd change my mind but idk, I like it. Plus she'd make for an interesting character in a platform fighter. Beyond the grab bag of references she has to pull from, there's something very, well, cartoony about the way she moves and stretches and bends in her show that reminds me of how Nigel was implemented in this game so that in itself would make her stand out. And of course there's her superhero form as the uber-muscular Mighty B (which would be a slam dunk Final Smash if the game had them).

She's probably not gonna make it but I'm not gonna shut up about Bessie, let's get my girl her "platform fighter" badge.

--

Leni Loud

Chance: 17%
Leni is... Googles her the one with the sunglasses. Alrighty then. The Loud House is Nick's biggest modern hit, strong enough to be afforded the SpongeBob treatment with spin-offs, movies, the like. So it'd make sense that it get the special treatment in NASB as well. However we know from the devs that they had to fight to include Lucy Loud. Was that because Nick had another choice? (Maybe the girl from the spinoff?) Or did Nick just not want any more of the Loud siblings fighting? Idk their canon ages but Lucy does seem like one of the youngest so maybe it was a borderline "too young" case.

If Lucy's age was the issue, Leni's won't as she's I think one of the oldest. However if Nick wanted someone in particular, or nobody at all, they'll probably get their way the second time around. Especially if the devs don't care about Leni to defend her (and they certainly have other battles to wage, what with the big four and voice acting). Idk about the Loud House fandom so if she's a fan favorite or the most hated sister I wouldn't know but that would probably be a factor too.

Want: 60%
Haven't watched TLH but from what I gather she's like a fashionista? That's a cool moveset concept so she gets points for that. Plus I like the show's art style and designs and how they transferred over to the game. I'd still rather see characters from unrepresented shows (particularly, you know, ones I've watched) but I'd be fine with a Loud kid over a fifth TMNT rep for instance.

Noms: Kitty Katswell

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Abstain on Leni.

The Mighty Boosh
Chance: 40%
Sure, this:
Mighty B is usually considered a C-tier Nicktoon.
is true, but I think there's a couple of additional points in Bessie's favor from both Ludosity and Viacom:
  • NASB's official Discord has many Bessie emotes. Like, more than any member of the Big Four.
  • Unlike a few other late 2000s Nicktoons that got the yellow spongy axe, The Mighty B did make its way to Paramount+. In fact NickRewind even aired the show on their block to celebrate Paramount+'s launch despite its target audience being 90s kids.
Want: 60%.
Yeah, it's another Nicktoon from after I "outgrew" the channel, but I did enjoy watching it when my younger cousins had Nick on. At least when it wasn't being gross.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Bessie

Chance: 20% -
Unlike a lot of other screwed over Nicktoons, The Mighty B did get some decent treatment! Two seasons on the main channel I'd say is still pretty good! Furthermore, unlike shows like Makings Fiends, or even El Tigre/Barnyard, The Mighty B has gotten recent acknowledgement from Nickelodeon via being part of a marathon, along with being on Paramount+. Plus she has a lot of emotes on the Dicord server so someone on the staff team really likes her! Her main issue is that unlike the aforementioned Barnyard/El Tigre, The Mighty B never became a cult classic, and is mostly forgotten nowadays. As a result, there isn't much fan demand for her, in a game where fan demand is far more important than in Smash. There's also the fact that the devs have to fight Nick on more obscure characters, so Nick may not approve of the character. She could also get screwed over by the DLC format, which is sole ala carte and thus favors characters that sell better. Still, I'm not expecting her, but unlike a lot of other smaller shows I wouldn't write her off.

Want: 40% - I've never seen the show so I have no attachment to it. She definitely has some fun moveset potential and it'd be fun to see how the devs animate her, given the crazy ways they animated Nigel! Though at the same time, prioritizing a very niche show like hers over all of the lynchpins that have yet to get in doesn't sound like a very good idea. I'd be more open to her in the franchise's future, but in the current state of things I think it's best to wait.

Leni Loud

Chance: 15% -
I really wouldn't be surprised if The Loud House got another rep during the game's lifetime! It's Nick's biggest modern hit, has a spinoff and two movies, and gets almost as many timeslots as Spongebob does! It has 5 seasons and has no signs of stopping. So, where does Leni stand? Two of her siblings are playable already, and three of them (including Lynn Jr. the sports girl, who'd likely be serious competition) are stage cameos, so that raises her chances naturally! One of the devs also pushed for Lucy so if he/she happens to like Leni as well I think it could result in something. Sadly she also has a massive uphill battle to climb. First is the state of The Loud House in general, the NASB community doesn't really care for it (though I see this changing over time if the franchise continues, as more people who grew up with the show enter the game's demographic), TLH is either ignored or basically a punching bag. And like I said with Bessie, fan demand is everything in this game. Second is inter-series competition. When it comes to popularity polls for a third rep from people who do like the show, it seems to overwhelmingly favor Luna (the Rock n' Roll girl). Finally, there's Nickelodeon. If they had to do an uphill battle for Lucy, the same could easily happen for Leni. I don't know who they'd want instead, maybe Ronnie Anne (the girl from The Cleveland Show The Casagrandes spinoff). So Leni has a lot of obstacles to overcome, but The Loud House's importance naturally gives good reason to think we'll get a third rep.

Want: 70% - I nominated her because I have a friend on Twitter who really wants her in the game! In the show itself she's an absolute sweetheart, and a rare example of a dumb character done right! I was linked to a super well-made moveset for her involving outfit-swapping, and I think she could make for a very fun and unorthodox fighter in a game that really needs it! Plus my two favorite characters from the show are already playable, which is a plus! Though at this point in time, The Loud House isn't exactly hurting for another rep, so I'd say she isn't a priority when there are several lynchpins that still need to get in!

She's still a precious bean, though!

Nominations:
Catscratch Brothers x10
Lisa Loud x10

Predictions:
Sokka - 69.39% - Sokka's a super popular character from a super popular show, and he had a datamined announcer line. Aside from competition with Zuko I see him getting a lot of high scores!

Idk their canon ages but Lucy does seem like one of the youngest so maybe it was a borderline "too young" case.
Lucy's 8! The 7th out of the 11 kids!

Here's their ages, to put it into context:

Lori: 17
Leni: 16
Luna: 15
Luan: 14
Lynn Jr: 13
Lincoln: 11
Lucy: 8
Lana: 6
Lola: 6
Lisa: 4
Lily: 1

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Bessie

The Mighty B is an interesting case. It came in 2008 during Nick's dark age, and a lot of people are thinking it's bad. Mostly because MrEnter gave the show a very unflattering review in his Nicktoons retrospective series. But, it was successful enough to warrant more seasons, but was quickly killed because it was the pet project of a celebrity (Amy Poehler) who didn't want to work on it anymore. But still, the show has its fans, and considering how many Bessie emotes there are on the official Discord server the devs are at least aware of the series.

Want: 30%

I do have some exposure to Mighty B, but not enough to say its one of my favorite Nicktoons. But it's nice to see underrated Nicktoons to get some time in the spotlight.

Leni Loud

Chance; 10%

The Loud House is kinda a big deal now, despite what people in the NASB Discord server will make you think. The show is set to enter its 6th season, got 2 movies in a single year, and got a spinoff after just three years on the air. And it's amazing that it did so well in the 2010s Nick environment where any show that doesn't get SBSP ratings out of the gate are sent to Nicktoons to die. As for Leni herself, she's one of the more popular sisters in the fandom, alongside Luna, Luan, Lucy, and Lily. But it might not be enough to warrant a character spot, especially considering that there are 9 other sisters to compete against and the show has many more possible reps, although outside of the sisters the only likely addition to the roster from TLH is Ronnie Anne herself, the star of the previously mentioned spinoff.

Want: 20%
While I like Leni as a character, there are sisters I want to see in the game more like Lisa and Lana. But given I'm a TLH fan any further representation of the series will be nice.

Noms: Lisa Loud x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Bessie

Chance - 10%

Bessie's was fairly successful for it's time, but suffers from not quite sticking around. It's niche, and didn't quite manage to get around to infamy like the others. At least she stands on her own in her series. That said, her era of Nicktoons is neglicted in genneral, so I don't see her as overly-likely

Want - 80%

I'm not over-the-moon about her, but I do say that I enjoyed watching her show. I'd take her easly.

Leni Loud

Chance - 8.33%

The big problem with the Loud house not only is it that it's already represented, but it has many characters who are just about as valid as each other. The end result is them cannibalizing each other's chances. I'd be hard pressed to ask which one should get in over another, so for them I'm simply taking the 50% chance I'm giving to them all, and splitting it evenly between the six siblings that are not already in the game.

Want - 50%

Eh. I'm not attached to the Loud House, so it's mostly going to come down to how they are implemented in.

Predictions

Sokka - 55.24%

I have no idea how this will go...

Nominations

Skulker X5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
🅱
Chance: abstain
Want: 70%

I'm not really a super big fan of the Mighty B or anything, but I still think it would be cool to have her in. Crazy, wacky characters like this are usually good fits for platform fighters.

Leni
The Loud House is a big, popular series, but it's a bit less popular among people actually playing the game. Even if they do decide to add another Loud House character, she has competition amongst her other sisters.
Want: 65%
While Leni is one of my favorite Loud sisters, she wouldn't be my first choice for this game. I feel like Luan or Luna would be better fits. Leni being in would still be cool though.

Sokka prediction: 40%
Noms: Squidward x5, Mr. Krabs x5, Plankton x5
Day will end whenever the update drops.​

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Bessie
Want: 62.14%
Winner of predictions is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett , who predicted 20.4%. Enjoy your 10 extra noms.

Leni Loud
Chance: 17.19%
Want: 44.17%
Winner of predictions is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire , who predicted 13.84%, enjoy tour 5 extra noms.

We just had a new character get dropped like 15 minutes ago, so you know what that means, satisfaction day!
Rate your satisfaction for Shredder from TMNT, and also Garfield, too since we haven't done that yet. As for the rest of the base game characters, I might do satisfaction days for them at a later date if you guys think it's a good idea.
If you haven't predicted Sokka's chance score, you can still do that if you want.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well slap me silly, I COMPLETELY forgot about Bessie and Leni's day. Honestly, that's fine by me, since I didn't really have anything to say about either of them anyway.

Garfield Satisfaction: 100%
While not my most wanted, Garfield was a sleeper pick for me solely because I felt like it'd be funny if he actually got in. Lo and behold, he did get in, and it was hilarious. His inclusion's helped by the fact that I really did like the Garfield comic strips as a kid (I was and still am easily amused, don't judge me) and that he's genuinely the most fun character in the game in my opinion - those Pooky setups are to DIE for. Overall, couldn't be much happier about his inclusion.

Shredder Satisfaction: 65%
Shredder looks cool! I'm usually not big on purely short-ranged characters as I like at least having the option to play lame if I must, but Shredhead's combos look so damn flashy that I'll just HAVE to try him out... whenever I boot up the game again. (Listen, Rivals just got a huge update today and between that and Pokemon Legends: Arceus taking up most of my attention these past few days, NASB's kind of on the backburner for me right now.)

Sokka Prediction: 27.8%
Yeah... I dunno. On one hand, Sokka is a pretty popular character and he has an announcer line, but on the other hand, having an item based on him and the STEEP competition from Zuko when it comes to a fourth Avatar rep might get in his way. Still, he's far from out of the realm of possibility.

I'll split my nominations evenly between Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Plankton. SPONGEBOB HEGEMONY WILL BE ACHIEVED.

D

Deleted member

Shredder-
80%
I said this on the main thread but I love what they've done with him. I think he's one of the best looking characters in the game in my opinion. He looks genuinely imposing and threatening without loosing the feel of the 80s TMNT series. I like slashy characters like him and they made his gameplay look fittingly intense. I'm a TMNT fan and have allways liked ol shred head, and even if my favorite design will always be the 2003 iteration, I really like what they did here.

Funni Garfield -
80%
Yeah they did a good job here. I really like the Garfield show design for him so I'm glad that's what they went for, but with some clear tributes to other parts of the franchise. I've allways had a big soft spot for the big orange cat. Its clear the devs have a real love for the character and franchise. Making him a spot of trapper character was an unexpected choice but I dig it. I'm really happy he's here.

Noms to Hugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Garfield: 99%
Garfield isn't really a character I find that fun to play, but he is really fun to watch as all trappers tend to be and has some great references to the source material without coming off as references-for-the-sake-of-references - so glad he made the cut. You can seriously feel the earnest and unironic love for Garfield from the dev team.

Abstain from Shredder

Going all-in on Dora noms again.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Satisfaction for the kitty cat - 90%

While Garfield is not a character that I associate with Nickelodeon, I welcomed him anyway because he fits very well with the game. I'm not a huge Garfield fan but I like his antics and his moveset is super fun and creative. I also really like the stage, super appropriate for the character and it must of been an excuse for the devs to let their imagination run wild. I don't have much to say, I think he's a pretty good addition to the game, even if he doesn't quite feel like a Nicktoons star.

Shredder: "I am inevitable."

95%

We all knew he was coming so was the wait worth it? I'd say it was. Shredder is not one of my most wanted either, but dam is he fun. He is huge and feels powerful. I especially love the aerial attack where he grabs the opponent and slams them onto the ground. He feels threatening and I dig his design. I think he might even be one of my favorite characters in the game. I think they did a great job with him. If he and Garfield are any indication, I think we are in for a great time when it comes to the DLC era.

Noms: Dudley Puppy xMax

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Garfield looks fun, both in terms of moveset and how they nailed his look and expressions. Shredder's whatever, didn't need him and his moveset does nothing for me. However I'll abstain because, well, I don't own the game so my opinion isn't as informed as it should be.

Noms go to Kitty

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Garf satisfaction: 100%
Back when the game was first announced, one of first thoughts was "they could put Garfield in, that would be awesome." Now he actually is in, and he's just as awesome as I thought he would be. Garfield's moveset is one of my favorite in the game and he's really fun to play as. His stage is great, too.
Shred satisfaction: 87%
It'll always feel a bit weird that April and Shredder got chosen over Raph and Don, but honestly, they probably made the right choice. They did a really good job with his moveset and he's really fun to play as.

Noms: Squidward x3, Mr. Krabs x3, Plankton x3, Hugh x1
DAY OVER
CALCULATING RESULTS

D

Deleted member

Chance - 30%
While I do think a fourth Avatar character is pretty darn likely, as its extremely popular and we've seen TMNT get four, I personally don't see it being Sokka. I feel that they are much more likely to go for Zuko or Azula due to a mix of fan popularity and not having a fire nation representive yet. There's also the fact that his boomarang is apparently planned to be an item. Considering that would likely be the main crux of a potential moveset, and that Nickelodeon apparently rejected Squidward's Clarinet as an item, potentially so he could be in later.* I don't think that bodes well for Sokka, personally.

Want - 40%
He's cool. I could imagine him having a fun playstyle but there are other Avatar characters I'd prefer first, such as the aforementioned fire nation duo. If he got added I wouldn't be mad, he's a funny lad. I'd check him out.

Noms to Crimson Chin.

*I could be misrembering this

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Garfield satisfaction: 93.80%
Shredder satisfaction: 81.75%
for some reason this pleases me

anyway: space sword

chances: hmm probably 20%. at this point we've no reason to expect any series to get more than 4 characters, expect for spongebob which im sure will become the fire emblem of this game. anyway i feel like there are many more character who have got better chances. i feel avatar could be one of the series to break past any perceived character limit. still even them im not sure and i think there are other characters who are more likely from within his own series.

want: 100% i liked sokka and enjoyed his character development. going for comic relief to still comic relif but also a very competent fighter. even though he has no bending his sword and boomerang would make for a cool moveset. wait a second am i hoping he'll be like link? really it just comes down to preference and he is by far one of my favourite characters in the franchise.

any noms ive earned go to iroh (last airbender)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sokka

Chance: 25%
Avatar is a beloved show that against all odds spawned a franchise. One that Nick now likes to pretend they always treated as a cash cow instead of, I don't know, treating it like any other show that isn't SpongeBob only to realize 20 years later that hey, a lot of people liked our show and Netflix is making money off it. Enter Avatar Studios, created solely to make Avatar content, with a CG (uh oh) animated movie coming soon (plus that very ill-advised live-action remake that's still coming out for some reason).

tl;dr Avatar is now a big franchise for Nick and one they're bound to want to shill. 3 fighters in, it's only matched by SpongeBob and surpassed by TMNT. I think it's fair to say that in the modern day, Avatar is the more popular franchise of the three, so it could definitely get another fighter at least. Avatar's entire cast is filled with martial artists, which makes it more appealing, but it's also very competitive. The question, then, is who?

Enter Sokka. Being the series' resident non-bender, he ironically stands out from the cast. Instead of cool martial arts and disjointed elemental attacks, Sokka's basically Link with his sword and boomerang. Sokka is also incredibly popular as a rare case of "the comic relief" also being a character with depth and growth, so he has the fans on his side at least.

However, as previously mentioned, competition is fierce. Most notably, the massively beloved Zuko, perhaps the most important character in ATLA besides Aang; his sister Azula, an incredibly memorable villain with a unique fighting style; and Katara, the show's deuteragonist/love interest. I haven't watched TLOK so there might be even more important candidates. The first two I mentioned are fire benders while Katara is a water bender. While Korra uses all the elements in her moveset (with fire being very prominent) and is a born waterbender, we lack dedicated users of those two elements which might make it more appealing or obvious. But then again, the devs are on the record stating that they don't care about "groups" and made good on that promise by only giving us 2 turtles. So a weird pick like Sokka might be more their wheelhouse.

Want: 100%
I only discovered Avatar during the pandemic. Man is it good. Sokka is one of my favorite characters in it and the one I'd most like to see included in this game. Though without voice acting it'd be kinda lame since he's very talkative but ah well.

Noms to Kitty Katswell

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The Funny Guy From That Show I Watched Like Four Episodes Of As A Kid

As far as already represented franchises receiving DLC characters, Avatar I think is probably the most likely bar the obligatory SpongeBob. (I would say TMNT, but it literally just got one, so I'm betting they're gonna lay off for now.) It's got an extensive cast of battle-ready characters, it has a ton of fans, and Nick's apparently going into overdrive trying to resuscitate it all of a sudden. I'm very much expecting an Avatar rep this season, but the question is, is it gonna be Sokka? Well... I dunno. Sokka's a popular character with a lot of fans, and he does have an announcer line, so the devs are clearly considering him, but in a series with a cast as wide and deep as Avatar's, there's bound to be some stiff competition. Zuko stands out to me as the clear frontrunner on that front, and folks like Azula and Katara who are likewise popular and important could cut ahead of him as well. Still, the devs have displayed a clear willingness to forgo traditional character hierarchy in the past (we probably wouldn't have gotten Toph in the base roster if they weren't) so I can see them adding Sokka if they really want to. Really though, the fact that he still has his boomerang in the game files as an item when other items which could potentially conflict with a character's addition like Squidward's Clarinet were removed indicates to me that the devs aren't really thinking about him too hard. (I guess Zim's gnome is in there too, though, so we'll have to wait and see.)

Want: 55%

I haven't seen a lot of Avatar, but Sokka seems like a fun character. If he gets in after the implementation of VO, then I can see him being a REALLY fun addition. For now, though, I'm comfortably neutral on him.

Hugh Neutron Prediction: 10.87%
I don't think anyone's seriously expecting him to get in before his son, but who knows, maybe an errant fanboy or two will show up and inflate his score a bit.

You know the drill, evenly distribute my noms between Squidward, Krabs, and Plankton. (And if there are any leftover, dump 'em into Carl.)

expect for spongebob which im sure will become the fire emblem of this game.
SpongeBob's the Mario of this game, if anything. As the face of the company behind it, he's entitled to as many characters as he damn well wants. If this game does have a FE equivalent, it'll be TMNT, but that's only provided they get another character IMO.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hugh Prediction: 30%
While I think Hugh is actually very likely for DLC for a multitude of reasons I will go into come Hugh's day, a lot of people have been - somewhat justifiably - underestimating his chances so I don't think he'll get too big a total. Combine Hugh being a relatively minor side character in a show with a very sensical protag pick, uncertainty over just how long this game's DLC cycle will go on, and the misguided belief the developers of a game where Garfield's lasagna is a competitive legal stage are "beyond" meme picks, and I can see a lot of doubt for Hugh.

Last edited:

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
I’m going to use my first nominations to put 5 things on the board

1. The Crimson Chin
2. The Angry Beavers
3. Snap from ChalkZone
4. Star Trek representation
5. A Kids’ Choice Awards stage

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
and the misguided belief the developers of a game where Garfield's lasagna is a competitive legal stage are "beyond" meme picks,
Well no, but when the game needs its playerbase to go from "barely anything" to "slightly something", meme picks should be used cautiously except maybe Hugh himself since he was a HUGE meme pre-release.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Sokka

Chance: 50% -
It's no secret that Avatar is a massive cash cow for Nickelodeon, and with all of the merchandise it's gotten in recent years, along with the creation of Avatar Studios, I can definitely see it getting another rep during the DLC cycle. Two main characters are already in (along with the obligatory Korra), and with Toph in the base game they aren't going entirely on order of importance. There's also the fact that, outside of absolute Avatar franchise diehards, The Last Airbender is the HEAVILY favored of the two series, so I don't see characters like Asami, Mako, or Bolin being an issue. Sokka does decently well on fan polls and is extremely popular for being a comic relief character who's still competent and important, along with being very lovable and relatable. Moveset-wise, he'd be this game's Link, with his space sword, boomerang, and "fake firebending" bombs! Among loads of other weapons and machines he uses in series. There's a lot of potential here! And having an announcer line definitely helps, too. People cite Sokka's boomerang being a datamined item as evidence that he wouldn't be getting in, but both Zim's gnome and Danny's Fenton Thermos are in the datamined items as well, yet are still part of their movesets. The main issue for Sokka is competition, really. When Zuko's around and there's no Fire Nation characters in the game, it isn't an easy path. But at the same time, Zuko was skipped over once, it could very well happen again.

Want: 100% - Definitely my favorite Avatar character, there's so much to love about this guy! His character arc was incredibly relatable, especially for me, and seeing him grow throughout the series was wonderful to see! Furthermore, I love great comedy, and Sokka's comedy elements and great quips endeared him to me almost immediately! This would also be the rare circumstance where a sword character would actually be unique! And even then, Sokka's got a big arsenal of weapons, there's a lot you can work with here! If we get him, here's hoping he launches after Voice Acting is added, he has the potential to be one of the game's funniest characters!

Nominations:
Catscratch Trio x5
Lisa Loud x5

Predictions:
Hugh Neutron - 39.21% - This is certainly gonna be interesting! Hugh's massive push as a meme in prerelease definitely caught the attention of Ludocity, especially given their willingness to listen to fan requests! On the other hand, Jimmy still exists, who got an announcer line unlike Hugh, so we'll see where this goes!

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sokka

Chance - 20%

Avatar's a big deal. Sokka is noteworthy for having been part of the troop of characters since the beginning, but in my mind there's one big thing holding him back: Zuko. Zuko is often hailed as one of the best showcases of character development in any peace of media, ever, and remains one of the most popular characters from the franchise by an incredible margin. While I think another Avatar character is coming, Zuko eclipses most of the other franchises characters so much that I struggle to see anyone else.

Want - 85% - I like Avatar, seeing it while it was premiering. I don't mind him being chosen, though there are other characters I would like to see more.

Predictions

Hugh Nuetron - 7.34%

It's power of meme vs. star power...

Nominations

Skulker X5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
His boomerang has been in more games than him
Sokka is a pretty important and popular Avatar character, but really, if we're gonna get anyone from Avatar, it'll be Zuko, he easily towers over everyone else from the series in terms of demand. If Zuko gets in and DLC goes on for long enough, I could eventually see Sokka getting added, but right now? No.
Want: Abstain
I haven't really watched the show yet so I don't have much of an opinion on anyone from the series.

Hugh prediction: 27%
Noms: Kitty Katswell x5
DAY OVER
CALCULATING RESULTS

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Sokka
Chance: 27.14%
Want: 80%
Winner of predictions is DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 , who predicted 25%. Enjoy your 5 extra noms
REAL winner of predictions is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett , who predicted 27.8%. You get 10 extra noms.
Sokka is now tied with Vlad for the spot of our 4th most wanted character.

Today we are rating the one and only Hugh Neutron from Jimmy Neutron. Our next day will be a double day featuring Dudley Puppy and Kitty Katswell from T.U.F.F. Puppy, predict their chance scores if you want.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ducks

Chance - 35%
This is a weird one. By all accounts he shouldn't be that likely. He's the comedy dad from a cartoon with characters who would likely fit better into a fighting game. But there's also a part of me feels that it's kind of possible. It kind of depends on how much DLC we get. It's no question that Jimmy should and will get in first, but if we get a decent amount of DLC we get then I think there's a small chance they add him down the line, if Nick let's them that is. They seem pretty tuned into memes and in a world where Ultra Instinct Shaggy is about to feature in a platform fighter, I can't say this is impossible anymore.

Want - 98%
This would be extremely funny, I'm not often keen on memes being worked into games but I honestly think that Hugh could be a really funny character, especially if we get that long teased voice acting update. He didn't get the full hundred because Jimmy really should be in first.

Noms to Chin.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Chance: 68%
Yes, I am being serious. I think Hugh has a very high chance of making the roster for a character of his type (at least assuming Jimmy is in as well). Both Nickelodeon and Ludosity have acknowledged the demand for Hugh - the prior through a YouTube poll and the latter through Rep partaking in the Mark DeCarlo Reddit AMA. Hugh was the specific character who got NASB's reveal trending on Twitter and to this day he's still heavily associated with the game, so he's quite a big deal and Ludosity/Viacom would certainly be aware of that - he would be a really good way to drive up interest, even though it's clear now NASB has settled into its small niche, given that the funnier picks tend to be the ones that get attention (compare the reaction to Garfield's reveal to that of Shredder's reveal, or Nigel and PTM to the rest of the reveal trailer). The Ludosity devs are also known to love their memes so he wouldn't be out of left field for their standards. The main problem I think lies in Hugh's way is the length of the DLC cycle - especially when you consider he wouldn't really make sense to have without his son - we have no clue how many characters NASB's DLC cycle will entail, and with so many iconic Nicktoons missing he may not be seen as a high enough priority. That being said, I do think that if there's to be a second Neutron rep, it will be Hugh; and if a newly introduced show is to get a second rep in the DLC, it'd probably be... well honestly Fairly OddParents, but Jimmy with Hugh wouldn't be far behind.

4 noms for Parker J. Cloud, 1 for Dora.

Last edited:

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Hugh Neutron

Chance: 40%

Yeah he’s a very popular meme pick, but I don’t know if he’s seriously being considered for the game. I think Nigel already seems to fit the “meme” category for this thing.

Want: 20%

He’s a funny character, but I’d rather have Jimmy himself. After all, he’s the main character of the show.

Anyway: 5 noms for the KCA stage.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Sokka
Chance: 27.14%
Winner of predictions is DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 , who predicted 25%. Enjoy your 5 extra noms.
Sokka is now tied with Vlad for the spot of our 4th most wanted character.
Didn't I predict 27.8% for Sokka? I don't particularly care if I get the noms since I don't have anything to spend them on, I just wanna make sure I'm not missing something here.

Anywho, Funny Meme Man.

Alright, it's time for the elephant in the room. Hugh Neutron, AKA Jimmy Neutron's dad. This dude got memed into the discussion SUPER hard when this game got revealed, and while that was certainly too late to affect the base roster, it came just at the right time to potentially affect Ludosity's plans for DLC. The question is, are they gonna acknowledge the meme hype and put him in? Well there's absolutely no shot he gets in before his son, so that's one thing. That said, if Jimmy Neutron gets a second character, at this point, I'm almost certain it's Hugh. Ludosity are notoriously MUCH more receptive to memes than someone like Nintendo is, and Hugh would fit right in this game alongside other "wouldn't it be funny" picks like Nigel and Powdered Toast Man. Said memes do come from a genuine place: Hugh is legitimately one of the most memorable characters from Jimmy Neutron, which is pretty impressive given how little of the spotlight he gets next to the main cast. So seeing as Jimmy himself's basically a lock, Hugh's chances ride entirely on JN getting a second character, which in my opinion hinges on the possibility of a second DLC season (""). The first season of this game's DLC run is invariably gonna be dedicated to getting the obligatory names in here like Rocko, Timmy, and Jenny, so if Hugh gets in, a hypothetical Season 2 and beyond is where it's gonna happen. Issue is, NASB's gonna need to start pulling some good-ass numbers to even get that far. We're talking about a game that struggles to reach triple-digit player counts on a good day (on the most populated version of the game, according to the Discord). If this game wants a renewed DLC run, it's gotta buff up its numbers and FAST. Basically, if people don't bandwagon this **** like they did when it was first announced, I just don't see a Season 2 happening. I REALLY hope I'm wrong.

This one has me conflicted. On one hand, so-called "meme picks" usually don't do much for me, and if we're gonna get a "meme pick" from Jimmy Neutron specifically, I'm much more partial to Carl myself. Hugh in particular feels like this game's Waluigi, to whom I'm indifferent at best. On the other hand... I love Jimmy Neutron, and Hugh's a hilarious character. Plus, if voice acting really does come to the game, hearing Mark DeCarlo as Hugh would endear his inclusion to me right off the bat. Basically, as long as Jimmy gets in first, I'm down.

I gotta hand it to y'all for coordinating that TUFF Puppy double day. Seriously, good stuff.

Dudley Prediction: 12.4%
People don't really talk about TUFF Puppy anymore, and in terms of Butch Hartman shows, Danny Phantom and FOP easily steal the spotlight. Still, I dunno, anything's possible.

Kitty Prediction: 11.2%
Same as above, except Kitty's not the titular character of her show like Dudley is. (She's probably more popular, but I feel like she's not popular enough within the fandom for it to matter here.)

Once again, I dump all my noms into Squidward, Krabs, and Plankton to secure that SpongeBob triple day. (Any leftovers go to Carl.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom