• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Chance: 10%.
Sure he has grayed-out artwork, but far less data than Garfield and Shredder had. I also can't imagine they would do two TMNT villains in a row, but maybe later down the line?

Want: 10%.
There's just too much I'd rather see instead. From Nicktoons that don't have reps, to notable characters from other series that already got at least one. April and Shredder are a nice subversion from the usual selection of four TMNT reps but this might be going a bit too far.

Noms: Jimmy Neutron x10
Your post is gonna have to be a bit longer if you want 10 noms.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Steady Rock
Chance: 2%
Let's be real here, if we're gonna get any additional TMNT characters after Shredder, it'll be one of the Turtles, and last time I checked, this guy isn't a turtle. As for why his picture is in the files, we may never truly know.
Want: 1%
I'm not super into TMNT so I'm not really that familiar with this guy. What I do know is that if we got yet another TMNT character, I wouldn't want it to be him.

Jenny prediction: 88%
Noms: Squidward x5
DAY OVER
CALCULATING RESULTS

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Rocksteady
Chance: 5.45%
Want: 8.6%
Winner of predictions is...me! With a prediction of 5%. Well this is awkward.

Today we're rating Jenny from My Life As A Teenage Robot. The next day will be Jimmy Neutron, so you can also predict what you think his chance score will be.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"Teenage" Robot who's actually 5 years old

Chance: 70%.
On one hand, she's one the "Big Four", Ludosity is far more communicative with NASB's fanbase than Smash's devs are with Smash's fans, and doesn't entirely obey Nick's demands. On the other, MLAATR was generally not as popular as the big four's other shows (Rocko's Modern Life, Fairly Odd Parents, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron) were, not helped by how the show was treated after its first season. While I mainly **** on 2010s Nick being the era where Nick sends every single Nicktoon that doesn't do Spongebob numbers to Nicktoons Network, the signs were already there in the early 2000s where Chalkzone was starting to get shafted when Jimmy Neutron broke its record for the most successful Nicktoon premiere as well as how the channel treated MLAATR after season 1.

Want: 60%.
She's definitely got some cool stuff up her sleeves, I can't deny that. Unfortunately I couldn't watch it religiously the same way I could watch SpongeBob/Jimmy Neutron/FOP due to the aforementioned screwing by the network, so I don't have the same attachment to her as I would Timmy or Jimmy.

Noms: Henry & June x5

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
XJ9

Chance: 90%

I never really watched My Life as a Teenage Robot as a kid. But based on fan reception toward the character, Jenny is probably one of, if not the most requested character to be DLC for NASB. I'm seeing her continually topping polls left and right. However, the reason why I have her ranked so high is because of comments from the dev team at Ludosity, saying that they were surprised at the sheer demand for Jenny, and that there were no real roadblocks for making her playable. Because of this, I could definitely see her being among the first post-release DLC characters.

Want: 85%
I don't really have any nostalgia or attachment towards My Life as a Teenage Robot. While there are definitely characters that I would take over Jenny, she is still among my most wanted characters due to her moveset potential alone. I have only seen a couple episodes of the series, but even from my limited exposure I've seen more than enough material to make a moveset for her. From drills and saws to lasers and rockets, she could be a veritable swiss army knife of weaponry that she could unleash on opponents, to the point where I think she'd actually benefit by having a special that has a "random weapon" mechanic just to capture the sheer variety of her arsenal. Also it would simply be fun to fly around the stage blowing up opponents with rockets.

Jimmy Neutron Chance: 80%

Noms:
El Tigre x5
Vlad Plasmius x5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Jenny XJ9

I'm just gonna say it: in my opinion, Jenny is currently the closest we have to a lock for this game. (Bar Shredder, obviously, if we're counting him as unconfirmed.) She's probably been the most highly requested character since day 1, the devs are more than aware of the demand for her, and she's the main character of a decently popular show from an era currently lacking in representation. Nickelodeon hasn't been super kind to MLAATR historically, both when it was new and in terms of nostalgia pandering, but I don't see why that would stop them here considering they seem to be largely letting Ludosity and Fair Play do what they want in terms of character choices. Bar maybe Timmy Turner, she's the character I'd be most comfortable hedging my bets on being in the game at some point. The XJ9 fans are clearly not going to rest until their favorite teenage robot is in the game, and in my estimation, they won't have to wait long.

Want: 60%
Like many others, I didn't get to experience MLAATR when it was current due to it being shunted off to the Nicktoons Network where little babies like me dared not tread in favor of the constant loop of SpongeBob, Jimmy Neutron, and Fairly Oddparents that we got on the main Nickelodeon channel. That said, I have seen one episode from the show in recent memory (the series finale, funnily enough), and I can say Jenny looks cool and the whole action-hero aesthetic she has going on would be a perfect fit for this game. Besides, her inclusion feels kind of obligatory at this point given how widely requested she is. Plus, robots are cool. Put her in!

Jimmied Neutron Prediction: 75%
I don't think people are as confident in Jimmy as they are in folks like Jenny and Rocko, but I feel most are at least expecting him at some point, myself included.

Nominating Otis x10

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
where little babies like me dared not tread in favor of the constant loop of SpongeBob, Jimmy Neutron, and Fairly Oddparents that we got on the main Nickelodeon channel
Ironically, when I was able to receive Nicktoons where I moved for a while after Katrina, I noticed it was the same SpongeBob/Jimmy/FOP loop most of the time, just with a dash of KaBlam shorts between them. I think I watched Nick GAS more often because Legends of the Hidden Temple was more "new" to someone who was a baby when the show was originally airing.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
XJ-9

Chance: 80%

Considering how close the devs are listening to the fans, I feel that fan demand will be a major factor for the DLC. Jenny is consistently in the top 3 on fan polls and the devs have acknowledged her popularity. With no copyright issues in her way, Jenny's chances are looking mighty good.

Want: 100%

Easily one of my most wanted characters. I enjoyed My Life as a Teenage Robot a lot as a kid. The humor was on point and Jenny is a very likeable protagonist. Plus her moveset potential is insane, I'd love to see what the devs do with her tool kit. If I could just get Jenny, along with Jimmy and Timmy, I would be relatively satisfied with the roster.

Prediction for the boy genius: 81%

Noms: Otis x5

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Chance: 90%.

Jenny is consistently one of the most desired and demanded characters. All while having unique value. Not shot is she not getting in if Ludosity managed to insert Oblina from Ah Real Monsters. A show that fell off the face of the earth.

Want: 80%

I'm down. She's pretty cool.

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet

Considering how popular Jenny is and how many times she has dominated fan polls, I wouldn't be surprised if she does make it in the game.

Want: 50%

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of MLAATR, even though there are some episodes I really liked, but I don't really have any attachment to the show. But I wouldn't mind seeing her included.

Noms: Otis x5

Brain Blast Predictions: 95%

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Jenny (XJ9)

Chance - 85%
. Jenny has to be one of, if not, the most requested character for Nickelodeon: All Star Brawl. It really shocked to me to discover that the show had this huge following after all these years. It probably shocked both the devs and Nick as well to see all the love and requests. Jenny herself is just a perfect pick for a fighting game, a teenage robot that fights to protect the world. Not to mention all the powers and gadgets she has as well, there’s no excuse for Jenny not having moveset potential. The only problem I could see would be licensing.

Want - 65%. I never really watched My Life as a Teenage Robot, until I saw all the requests for Jenny. I was watching Nickelodeon back when the show was airing, but it just never peaked my interest compared to the other 2000s shows at the time. Watching it now, it’s a good show, but it just still hasn’t hooked me in. I still think Jenny could be a really cool character in NASB and I wouldn’t be disappointed with her inclusion. I wish good luck to all the hardcore Jenny supporters and MLAATR fans out there.

Noms: Kelpy G x5

Predictions for Jimmy Neutron: 89%

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Jenny/XJ9

Chance: 95% -
Jenny's basically the closest character we have to a lock at this point. She has no legal issues and loads of fan demand, regularly topping polls. The All Star Brawl dev team is also way more receptive to the fanbase than Smash's devs are, so I can see demand playing a way bigger role in DLC choices. The real only roadblock is potentially Nick themselves, who Ludosity had to wrestle with for "less marketable" characters like Nigel Thornberry. Oddly enough this also included Lucy Loud, an extremely popular character from one of their current cash cows, and if they had to fight for Lucy no doubt they'd have to fight for Jenny. But this is still minor, and with the game doing so well Nick would no doubt be more open to the dev team's decisions. So Jenny's in basically the best spot a character could be in!

Want: 100% - How could I say no? My Life as a Teenage Robot was my favorite TV show before Danny Phantom came along, and I really loved the mix of aesthetics, lovable characters, and epic battles the show had! Jenny herself also has incredible moveset potential, she's basically a living Swiss Army Knife! Rockets, flamethrowers, lasers, and everything in between are at her disposal, and she can even transform! There's endless ideas, and I know how well the team would concoct a fantastic and fun moveset for her! The early 2000's were basically my era of Nickelodeon, and where all of my favorite shows on the channel came from (barring Klasky Csupo shows like Rugrats and Thornberrys). It was my childhood, and seeing it get another show represented would be fantastic! While my two favorite shows from the era (Danny Phantom and Avatar) are here, several lynchpins of the era are still missing, and with most of the 90's staples covered it's time for the 2000's to get some love!

Nominations:
Vlad Plasmius x5
Ember McLain x5

Predictions:
Jimmy Neutron - 84.37% - Jimmy's another member of the "big four" and was even given an announcer line in the base game datamine. While they were just "covering bases", being considered is still a strong point, and unlike Rocksteady he's the main character of a lynchpin 2000's show. Plus he has way more fan demand to boot. Definitely gonna grab some high scores!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Jenny

The devs seem to have their ear to the ground and know what the fans want. And, to make an understatement, fans want Jenny. She's one of the most demanded characters and an easy add to please fans. Her moveset designs itself. Really, the only ways I could see her not make it is if DLC is scrapped or if every single character that gets added is to promote something, that's how in front of the pack she is.

I haven't watched much of her show but what I watched was really good and she was likeable. Plus she was made to be in a fighting game and would surely be a ton of fun. And a lot of people really want her so why not?

Noms: El Tigre x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Jenny Wakeman

Chance - 85%

From what I understand, while MLAATR doesn't have as bad as legal hurtles as as FOP, she still has some rights issues. Not anything that would legally make her difficult to be made playable, mind, but Frederator would have to receive royalty fees. As Nick doesn't 100% own the rights and would have to pay a bit more for her, I can see them saying "You don't have the money" for her if the tides end up turning. If, however, they do get the chance to put a Federator cartoon in, she's the biggest bang for the buck: Timmy has a bigger crowed yet has even more licensing issues, Rudy Tabootie/Snap have their fans but are nowhere near Jenny's, and Fanboy and Chum Chum… are Fanboy and Chum Chum. I'm not as certain as some here, but she's probably towards the top when it comes to likelihood.

Want - 95%

I reserve my 100% score for my most wanted. She's not Jimmy or Timmy, but dang if I don't want her. I really liked MLAATR, and she has quite the move set potential. The only reason I'm not rating her higher is that I want Jimmy or Timmy more.

Predictions

Jimmy Neutron - 87.54%

One of the big names with few issues surrounding him.

Nominations

Vendetta (Making Fiends) X5

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Jenny's Chances: 95%

She's pretty much one of THE most highly request characters alongside the likes of Jimmy Neutron and Timmy Turner, and as far as I know, unlike the latter, she doesn't really have a lot of big legal hurdles to overcome. Plus with the devs mentioning that they are indeed listening to fans, I'd find it incredibly hard to believe that they aren't aware of how requested Jenny is, so hopefully she manages to make it as DLC!

My Life as a Teenage Robot is the only one of my four favorite Nicktoons that doesn't have representation in it, plus it's probably one of the more underrated shows like "Aaah Real Monsters", so I think it deserves some spotlight. Plus Jenny has insane moveset potential with all the different gizmos and gadgets she has built into her.

As for nominations, since Jimmy's already been confirmed as the next character on the "Rating" list, I'll go with:

Timmy Turner x5

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Jenny
Chance: 98%
Jenny is easily the most requested character for this game. Look at any fan poll and you'll most likely see her in the top spot (or at least in the top 3). And you gotta remember, this game isn't Smash, so being requested is actually a good thing. Some people think there's some sort of legal issues, surrounding her, but she showed up in Super Brawl Universe without any issues, so I doubt that. The only thing really going against her is the fact that her show didn't last that long, but then again, does that really matter?
Jenny is without a doubt my most wanted character. One of the first things I thought back when this game was announced was "they gotta have Jenny in this game." She's a fighting robot that can do pretty much anything. She would fit in perfectly in a game like this. Tragically she still isn't in, but I have hopes that we won't have to wait too much longer. Whenever she does get added as DLC, I know I'll be one of the first in line to buy.

Jimmy prediction: 91%
Noms: Squidward x20
DAY OVER
CALCULATING RESULTS

Sorry for taking so long.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Jenny
Chance: 88.17%
Want: 82.92%
Winner of predictions is once again me, who guessed 88% I swear this is not happening intentionally.
And just like that, Jenny has become our most wanted character, but will she stay that way for long?

Today we are rating Jimmy Neutron. And due to the there being a tie for first place in the nominations, the next day will feature two characters! Predict what chance scores you think Otis and El Tigre will get.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Jimbles Notronbo

Chance: 95%.
For the base game, the reason why I think Jimmy got screwed was that Viacom wasn't pandering to JN nostalgia enough when the game was starting development. Now, things have changed. The TV series has now gotten a complete DVD box set, and the movie has finally gotten a Blu-Ray release. Combine these with fan demand and Ludosity already preparing for a situation where Viacom says yes to Jimmy by getting the announcer to say his name, and all roads lead to Retroville. Which may alternatively lead to Hugh Neutron due to demand for him being a thing for a while, but ultimately I think everyone primarily wants Jimmy.

Want: 100%.
Hell-freakin'-yes I want Jimmy Neutron. With how much I've rewatched the movie and TV series as a kid and how various memes have encouraged me to rewatch the TV series as an adult, why wouldn't I?

Noms: Timmy Turner X5.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
God Dammit I Was Gonna Name This Post "Jimbo Nutronbo" But Now It Just Looks Like I'm Copying The Guy Above Me
Chance: 85%

Aside from Fairly Oddparents, Jimmy Neutron's probably the most major Nickelodeon IP with no presence in the game yet. Along with the former and SpongeBob, it was one of the shows that made up Nickelodeon's core in the mid-2000's, and unlike Fairly Oddparents, it doesn't really have any wonky legal shenanigans that could potentially hold it back. Viacom's not at all shy to cash in on JN nostalgia, either, considering the complete DVD box set that came out last year. Given all this, I am absolutely expecting Jimmy at some point. (I was honestly kind of shocked he wasn't in the base game, but in retrospect, I can definitely respect that decision.) The only potential sticking point I can think of is that maybe the devs don't care much for Jimmy Neutron as an IP since their loyalty seems to mostly lie with 90's Nick, but then again, Jimmy Neutron's such a beloved classic that I can see that overriding any potential ambivalence on the devs' part.

Jimmy's probably been my most wanted character since day 1 (other than maybe Carl, but we all know if JN gets a joke rep, it's gonna be Hugh), and while I am more than satisfied maining The Garf as things stand, Jimmy's the only character I can potentially see overtaking him for me. Not only did I love the hell out of Jimmy Neutron as a kid, but the first video game I remember playing as a kid was Jimmy Neutron: Attack of the Twonkies on the GameCube, and I just think it'd be so cool for my gaming journey to come full circle by playing as Jimmy in a game again. Plus, I mean, he's the brainchild of Steve Oedekerk, and I love that guy. I swear everything that man touches turns to gold. Speaking of which...

Otis Prediction: 49%
I don't think people are too confident in Otis, understandably so, but I do think he's in the back of most folks' minds as a potential oddball pick.

El Tigre Prediction: 60%
Admittedly, I don't really have my ear to the ground on El Tigre or its fanbase, so I don't have much of a reading on this one. I will say, though, that I at least think people are expecting him before Otis at this point.

Nominating Mr. Krabs x10

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
Jimmy's chances are a 95% for me. He's a pillar of Nick and it's crazy how he wasn't here sooner.

Want is more of an 80%. He's an essential character above all else.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
err i dont remember much but ill give it a go

chances: 50% i really dont remember much about the film or the show just odds and ends. but as i understand it he is quite well ingrained in meme "culture" which seems to have played a factor in character selection. so i think that alone may be enough. at least he seems to have some fans on here.

want: 0% again dont remember much so cant really want him. i guess he might play similar to how i imagine jeff would play in smash

noms to odie

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The thinking boi

To my knowledge there isn't any copyright issues associated with Jimmy. Apparently the production team for the show, DNA Production, got shut down in 2007 but was reinstated in 2012 so I'm not sure if that would create any wonky legal situation. So I'm gonna go with the assumption that there wouldn't be any legal issues. In that case then, Jimmy's a near lock. His show was one of Nick's great successes, to the point where it got a crossover with Fairly Oddparents and also received a spin-off show. When you combine that with Jimmy being a big request and having plenty of memes, I would be shocked if he doesn't make it into the game at some point.

Jimmy Neutron was a great show. It was funny and had inventive and imaginative stories and characters. I still remember so much about it like the movie where all the parents were taken hostage and the kids had to go in space to rescue them, or the episode where the grandma on TV was hypnotizing people. So much crazy stuff happened on the show and some of that wackiness can be translated to Jimmy's moveset with all the tech he has invented. Really, Jimmy would be an all around great addition and the great memes are just the cherry on top.

Predictions:
Otis - 37%
El Tigre - 52%

Noms: Timmy Turner x10

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Jimmy Neutron

Chance - 95%
. I think The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron is the most likely series from the 2000s that could get into NASB, only rivaled by Rocko’s Modern Life to be the number one Nick show. The series is just too popular to be left out. If you don’t believe me, just look at the campaign for Hugh Neutron to join NASB. Even though I would personally love Hugh Neutron, Jimmy is definitely the main candidate, he’s the main character of the show for crying out loud. It wouldn’t feel right to have someone like Hugh or Carl first, over Jimmy. The only reason I could see Nick not allowing Jimmy Neutron would be for licensing issues, but if that was the case, why were there announcer voice lines for the main characters, left in the game. I think both the devs and Nick have seen more than enough demand for Jimmy Neutron.

Want - 85%. Jimmy Neutron has already earned his spot on the roster. Jimmy Neutron was one of the main Nickelodeon shows I watched, probably my third most favorite Nickelodeon series (just behind SpongeBob and FOP). Jimmy could have a really cool moveset with his inventions. Jimmy Neutron is not my most wanted pick (quack quack), but it definitely wouldn’t be the same without Jimmy Neutron in a Nickelodeon platform fighter. Like I said above, it also wouldn’t feel right for someone like Hugh of Carl to get in over Jimmy as well. I believe the devs could do Jimmy justice, especially with introducing him to the newest generation of kids. I support Jimmy Neutron getting on the roster! Plus, just imagine the memes.

Otis Chance Score Prediction: 65%
El Tigre Chance Score Prediction: 71%

Noms: Kelpy G x5, Azula x5

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
James Isaac Neutron

Chance: 80%

The big brain boy show is definitely one of Nickelodeon's great series from the 2000's. As long as there's no legal issue with putting Jimmy in, the fan appeal would be too great to pass up on this character for a DLC slot. Even if the massive fan campaign is for Hugh, Jimmy is probably the rep they'd choose for NASB. Jimmy Neutron was one of Nick's more successful shows, and it even contributed to some crossover specials and had a spinoff series.Taking all this into account, Jimmy is definitely a frontrunner for DLC.

Want: 90%
I loved watching Jimmy Neutron growing up. I wore out the VHS copy of the movie when I was a kid just by how often I watched it. I do believe fullheartedly that Jimmy deserves a place on the roster. He has a ton of inventions that could contribute to his moveset. Plus he has Goddard at his disposal, which I believe could either function like GIR or a summon like Luma. All-in-all, Jimmy definitely has what it takes to be in NASB.

Otis Chance: 45%
El Tigre Chance: 65%

Noms: Vlad Plasmius x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Jimmy Neutron

Chance: 70%
Jimmy is one of the biggest and most popular characters in Nickelodeon history. I imagine that the only reason he wasn't in base game was because of licensing issues with either O Entertainment or DNA Productions, because otherwise he's a glaring omission. Now, post-release, Jimmy is one of the most demanded characters. The DLC model probably makes it easier to negotiate with license holders because of its a-la-carte format, so hopefully that'll get sorted out. The reason his chance is so high despite potential licencing difficulty is because he, like Timmy, is do-or-die for this game. They basically need to get him and get him quick, otherwise it'll be a major embarrassment for a game that frankly needs a break.

Noms: Bessie (Mighty B)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I imagine that the only reason he wasn't in base game was because of licensing issues with either O Entertainment or DNA Productions
If it'd be either of those two, it'd be Steve Oedekerk. DNA shut down in 2006, so Nick wouldn't have needed their approval for Planet Sheen anyway.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Jimmy Neutron

Chance - 95%

He is in as an announcer voice line. so at the very least any legal troubles he might have are at the very least already settled. He's probably only rivaled by Timmy in terms of shear iconicness and want. I honestly can't think of much reason to keep him out.

Want - 99%

While Timmy is my most wanted, I actually had to debate with myself if I wanted Jimmy more. As I already mentioned, I reserve my 100% rating for my most wanted. That said, Jimmy was just as big a part of my childhood as Timmy, and I can't imagine going wrong with him. Timmy just feels like he has a touch more potential.

Predictions

Otis - 46.45%

He's not as well remembered as other Nicktoons...

El Tigre - 78.45%

A bit less of a must include, but very popular regardless.

Nominations

Vendetta X5

wizfoot

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7677-1915-7484
Hope you don't mind me jumping in.

Jimmy Neutron

Chance - 85%

When it comes to Jimmy Neutron, I think his chances are pretty good. There's one hiccup: as iconic as Jimmy used to be, he's just lost a lot of relevance. The last major Jimmy Neutron production was Planet Sheen, and that ended in 2013 and was mediocre at best and panned at worst. That being said, I'm sure he's wanted by a lot of people even if just for nostalgia alone and if he was added I feel like he would be a very welcome addition. Going back to the topic of relevance, that never really stood against Nigel Thornberry or Helga, so I'm sure it wouldn't be as much as an issue as it could be but it would still be a pretty big issue.

Most importantly, there's already announcer voicelines and I doubt copyright would be an issue at all.

Want - 60%

Jimmy's a hype add and I'm sure a lot of people would be happy if not thrilled with his addition. That being said, I'm sure a good portion of the base wouldn't be terribly happy with it. I know I probably wouldn't, and I doubt I would play him as much as other characters. That being said, he would be a worth addition for the nostalgia factor. It feels like a lot of his ideas would just be rehashed from other characters and I don't see anything particular that could come to his moveset. Maybe a R.O.B. like uspec?

Prediction: Uh... 92.6%. I feel like that's fair.

Nom: Zuko x10

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Jimmy Neutron

Chance: 95% -
Gonna give Jimmy the same score as Jenny. While He doesn't have QUITE the same level of fan demand and is a bit overshadowed by his father in popularity right now, he still has incredible results on fan polls, and is considered one of the "big four" of NASB speculation. One of the advantages Jimmy has over Jenny is more prevalence in previous crossovers, along with being one of Nick's core franchises during the early-mid 2000's. Jimmy was HUGE during that time. While he wasn't given the longevity that Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents were given, Jimmy's legacy forged a lasting relationship with O Entertainment/DNA Productions. This resulted in both the Barnyard franchise and even a spinoff for Jimmy himself, an honor only the big cash cows like Spongebob and The Loud House have gotten (though FOP was considered for two spinoffs, and all of these spinoffs are of...mediocre quality, but it shows how much Nick was willing to put into Jimmy Neutron). Another big advantage is that announcer lines for Jimmy were found in the base game datamine. While they were just "covering bases" and said that this doesn't hint at DLC, it's a huge boost for Jimmy in several ways. Him being considered shows that any copyright issues involving him have likely been squared away, and he was one of the few non-Spongebob/TMNT/Avatar characters in that list. Plus, even if Jimmy hasn't been relevant for awhile, we got characters like Oblina in the game, and the DVD box set last year shows that Nick is more than willing to capitalize on Jimmy Neutron nostalgia. Overall, Jimmy's one of the top contenders, and for good reason!

Want: 100% - Like I said in my want score for Jenny, I'm always down for more 2000's representation in All Star Brawl! While I was born in 1994, the early 2000's was my era of Nickelodeon, and Jimmy Neutron was one of the big shows! While it wasn't Danny Phantom levels in my mind, I still made sure to never miss an episode! Jimmy would bring so much to the table in terms of moveset, he has an incredible array of inventions along with a summon/companion in Goddard. There's so much you could do to make Jimmy unique! And as much as I love Hugh Neutron, Jimmy should be the one to get in first!

Nominations:
Ember McLain x10

Predictions:
Otis - 42.65% - Otis performs surprisingly well on fan polls, and the NASB devs are very receptive to fans. But when it comes to DNA properties Jimmy Neutron would easily win out. So I'm expecting some decent but divided scores.

El Tigre - 59.93% - El Tigre's a dark horse with a more modest but dedicated support base, being one of the more overlooked Nicktoons of the 2000's. El Tigre hasn't gotten much love from Nick, so while I expect pretty good scores for his popularity, I expect his smaller standing within Nick to hold him back.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Johnny Quazar
Jimmy is another character that's just too popular to ignore. He's at the top basically any fan poll where Jenny isn't #1. A lot of people seem to think that there's some sort of legal issues surrounding him, but I'm not sure if that's the case. Especially considering he had that DVD release last year. It is a bit weird that he hasn't appeared in any of the Nick crossover games in almost a decade, but maybe this game can finally bring him back.
Want: 99%
I'll admit that I'm one of those weirdos who wants Hugh. But I know for a fact that it wouldn't make sense to have him before Jimmy. And Jimbo's a pretty cool kid himself, with all the science things he can bring to the table.

Otis prediction: 55%
El Tigre prediction: 65%
Noms: Rocko x15
DAY OVER
CALCULATING RESULTS

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Jimmy Neutron
Chance: 85.42%
Want: 84.42%
Winner of predictions is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire , who predicted 84.37%, enjoy your 10 extra noms.
Jimmy is now our most wanted character, but is seen as slightly less likely than Jenny.

Today we are rating Otis from Barnyard and El Tigre from El Tigre. Our next day will be Vlad Plasmius from Danny Phantom, predict what you think his chance score will be.

Smash Journeyman
Otis

Chance: 60%

Otis is kind of a weird situation. He's one of the demanded chars but he's surrounded by arguably more standout characters. He still has a good chance, probably won't happen for a while though.

Want: 70%

Sure, a giant cow punching people would be funny.

El Tigre

Chance: 50%

Unfortunately he's very underrated. It's pretty much a coinflip if Ludosity performs an Oblina and guns for him.

Want: 80%

He'd be hype, he wasn't really used much in Nick games either.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Male cattle that has udders because they thought city folk wouldn't know

Chance: 50%.
Ultimately this depends on if Ludosity wants to be memelords. As far as I know, Paramount+ has nothing related to Barnyard, not the movie, not the TV show. And, well, said show was neglected by Nick itself even when it was airing.

Want: 50%.
The Barnyard franchise happened when I was "growing out" of Nick, so I have no real attachment to him, but won't be that disappointed.

The Tiger

Chance: 40%.
Hoo boy, El Tigre had it even worse. At least BatB was able to have multiple seasons, El Tigre...didn't. At least his creator supports the idea, he has obvious moveset potential, and Ludosity's choices aren't just memes, but I think he's going to have to wait for some of the bigger requests to make it in and the fanbase (and Ludosity perhaps) moves on to remaining Nicktoons.

Want: 60%.
Same deal as Otis, but he seems cooler.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The Funny Cow
Chance: 50%

This one's a coinflip IMO. On one hand, Back at the Barnyard was never a super popular show in its prime, and Nick didn't exactly push it too hard either. Barnyard itself's practically a dead IP, with nothing new in over 10 years and not even a rerelease for the film or series as far as I'm aware. On the other hand, Otis has been one of the more popular semi-joke requests since the game's announcement, and although the memes have obviously tapered off as interest in the game itself has waned, he remains a respectably requested character. To me, it's a matter of whether the devs are willing to answer to the meme hype or not. Considering these are the same people who jumped at the opportunity to add Garfield, Nigel Thornberry, and Powdered Toast Man to their fighting game, I think there's a reasonable chance they do, but we also have to consider that Otis would be a lategame DLC pick, if anything. Early DLC's gonna be the time for knocking out the obligatory names like Jenny, Jimmy, and Timmy, not for niche oddball picks like Otis. He's got a hefty line ahead of him, but once all Nickelodeon's big names are squared away, I think the path will be clear for Otis and other less iconic characters to join the brawl.

Part of this is because Barnyard in general is a huge meme among me and my friends, but also it'd just be hilarious. Back at the Barnyard was WAY funnier than it had any right to be (seriously, even if the show itself wasn't spectacular, there are some REALLY ****ing good bits in there), and besides, you can't tell me that the idea of a milk-squirting cow punching the **** out of folks like SpongeBob and Korra wouldn't be the funniest thing ever. Bar a Jimmy Neutron character, Otis is probably my most-wanted, and I'd welcome his inclusion with open arms.

Nacho Libre- wait nevermind
Chance: 40%

I'd put his chances slightly lower than Otis, if anything. El Tigre has its fans, but the fact is it was never a super popular show. It only ran for half a season before getting shoved off to the Nicktoons Network where it would be doomed to die along with all the other non-SpongeBob/Jimmy Neutron/FOP shows of the decade. El Tigre himself manages to be a surprisingly popular choice for this game considering the show's history, but... I dunno. He has such a long line ahead of him that unless the game gets a LOT of post-launch characters, I just don't think this is El Tigre's time. For a hypothetical sequel, though, I think he'll be one of the more prominent options.

Want: 50%
El Tigre falls firmly into the "don't care" category of characters from shows I haven't seen and am barely familiar with. All I know about El Tigre is that it was a show that aired on Nickelodeon around the time I was growing out of cartoons anyway. Could be cool, I guess, but I wouldn't really bat an eye at his inclusion.

Vlad Plasmius Prediction: 38.5%
I dunno anything about this guy other than that he's a villain from the Danny Phantom series, so I'm just gonna put down a number and see where it lands!

Nominating Mr. Krabs x10

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Man Cow

Otis Chance: 45%

Otis is in one of those weird places for me. My knowledge of him is basically all from memes, and apparently that's the main drive to get him into the game. Aside from that, Otis doesn't seem like he has too much going for him. However, with the inclusion of Nigel Thornberry, it seems like the devs have their ears to the ground in terms of "meme" picks, and with Otis being the main character of his show, I'd say his chances are slightly above other meme picks like Hugh Neutron.

Otis Want: 40%
I never really watch Barnyard, so Otis isn't a character that I really care about too much. All I really know him from are memes, but he doesn't seem too interesting to me otherwise. I mean, I guess it would be pretty fun to go around punching people as a cow, but I couldn't really care about his inclusion.

Kid Incineroar

El Tigre Chance: 65%

El Tigre is also in a weird place. He would be an interesting pick for another superpowered kid to join the roster, plus it would be insanely easy to craft a moveset. His creator also expressed interest in El Tigre becoming a character in NASB, so his chances are better than most. The only thing really holding him back is the apparent obscurity of his show, and if Nick wants to expend resources for a dead show.

El Tigre Want: 100%
I remember really loving this show when it aired. Plus I think that El Tigre has perfect moveset potential that could translate to a platform fighter really well, with his claws and grappling hook acting as a tether. I'd have to say that El Tigre and Vlad Plasmius are my two most wanted picks for NASB DLC, and though El Tigre's chances aren't as good as some other characters, I'd be really hyped to see him in.

Vlad Plasmius Chances: 85%

Noms go to Zuko

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Otis
Chance - 50%
. Otis and his series are in a very weird spot. Back at the Barnyard is a beloved series from Nick with it’s own cult following. Back at the Barnyard even spawned popular memes, like Biggie Cheese and Snotty Boy. I could honestly see Nick agreeing to Otis just to stay hip with the kids and their memes, only if any of them in charge even saw them. You can’t even watch Back at the Barnyard on Paramount+, either there are some licensing issues or they just didn’t think anyone would watch the movie and show.

Want - 50%. Otis is a weird character pick for me. I watched Back at the Barnyard a lot when it was airing back in the day and I enjoyed the show. Otis could definitely have a unique moveset. I just think that there are a lot more characters that deserve a spot ahead of Otis. If there was a Back at the Barnyard rep, I personally would want Snotty Boy first. I wouldn’t be mad or disappointed if Otis got in to NASB.

El Tigre
Chance - 50%
. Just like Otis, El Tigre is in a very weird and similar situation. El Tigre is considered by many to be a cult classic Nickelodeon show. The sad thing is that I think El Tigre is just too much off of Nick’s radar. Just like with Back at the Barnyard, you can’t even watch El Tigre on Paramount+, either there are some licensing issues or they just didn’t think anyone would want to watch the show again. I still don’t think Otis is completely impossible for NASB, I think it just depends on the two issues I mentioned above.

Want - 45%. El Tigre (Manny Rivera) is in a weird spot for me, just like Otis. I didn’t watch El Tigre a lot compared to other Nick shows in the 2000s. Looking back on the series, I think it deserves a character on the roster. El Tigre wouldn’t be my most wanted pick, I personally would prefer White Pantera or Puma Loco. I wouldn’t be upset with El Tigre on the roster. El Tigre definitely does have moveset potential, Manny is half-hero and half-villain.

Vlad Plasmius Chance Prediction: 64%

Noms: Kelpy G x10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom