• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Abstain.
Jimmy prediction: 92%
Sheen prediction: 13%
Noms: Daggett & Norbert x10
DAY OVER
Rate Sheen and Jimmy Neutron, predict Krang from TMNT and Concept: Olmec's Temple stage.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Jimmy prediction: 100%
Yeah, I'm going extreme on this. There's no way they'd include Hugh without at least having plans for Jimmy. We now know there's no legal issues with O or DNA, Nick haven't disowned the show, he was just low priority for base roster - and now Ludosity have learned he certainly isn't a low priority for the Nick fandom. It's hard to calculate whether Jimmy or Hugh was a more in-demand character since the support for both was coming from different places, but either way Jimmy's support cannot be ignored with how much he tops polls. The only reason I can imagine Jimmy not making the roster is if DLC is cut off early, which has already been confirmed not be happening.

Olmec predictions: 38%

5 noms for sitcom stage to ensure a double day.

D

Deleted member

A super-powered mind. A mechanical canine
Chance- 98%
Yep. Still pretty high. They may have added Hugh first, but I would be shocked if they weren't at least talking about Jimmy too. Jimmy's gadgets are such a big part of the show that can't really be repled ny Hugh. Unlike cases like Helga, Reptar or Nigel, where they made more sense than their protagnist, Hugh was likely done first for the "they did what??" factor. I can see them wanting to pair JImmy with Timmy for obvious reasons. I'm not giving it the full 100 because we live in such a bizzare timeline, maybe they did choose Hugh to be the rep over Jimmy, or maybe they decide each series can only get one DLC pick, but I personaly would be very shocked if we didn't get Jimmy too.

Want - 100%
C'mon. It's Jimmy Neutron. I wasn't someone who was mad about Hugh being done first, I love that guy. But Jimmy really should be here. He has so much moveset potential and is a Nickelodeon mainstay. I think there is a place for both him and his dad as they rep very different parts of their show.

FFoAgDCXoAUIwO2.jpg

Sheen
Chance- 5%
They've already did the "Jimmy Neutron rep who isn't Jimmy " thing once. I simply cannot see them doing it a second time. They already had their meme pick for this series. Even if they where to go with one of Jimmy's freinds, I think Carl would come first due to just how memed he is. Sheen is also associated with the not very well received spin off Planet Sheen. Pre Hugh this rating would have been slightly higher, but I just can't see a second JN character that isn't the boy genius himself. Only way I can really see him getting a spot is if he's repping Planet Sheen, which.... yeah. not happening.

Want - 10%
I don't dislike Sheen. Sure, he's kind of anoyining but that's also kind of the point. But I just don't need anymore Jimmy Neutron characters, not counting the titular boy genius himself.

Noms to Arnold, Tommy Pickles and Concept: Music DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Jimbo

Chance: 95%

I think it's safe to say that this game will get at least one more DLC pack after the first one, and maybe even more after that. In that case Jimmy is a frontrunner. His demand is still going strong, even becoming number 1 in that one recent fan poll. With Hugh in, the devs should have definitely thought about Jimmy as well. Hugh is our meme pick of the series and the first character pass, but Jimmy still has the moveset potential and has just as much demand. While I admittedly had my eyebrow raised by Hugh coming first, my reasoning is that he was meant to be the first left field pick, either that or the devs saw more of his demand at first and this went with him first. But Jimmy is still a glaring omission from the roster. I know some people will bring up that miniscule chance that Jimmy might get deconfirmed via High's content in some way, but I refuse to believe that only the dad will make it in. Jimmy's show is big enough and he's more than requested enough to warrant a slot.

Want: 100%

I'm fine with Hugh, I'm excited to see his moveset. But we need Jimbo in this game. He's too significant to be left out. Plus I just need him and Timmy and I'll be satisfied with this game's roster. I watched a lot of Jimmy Neutron and he has a large array of gadgets to make for a very fun moveset.

And now for the character that the execs thought would be a wise choice for a spinoff series

Chance: 5%

We already got our Jimmy Neutron meme character. The show is big, but is it big enough for 3 reps (Since Jimmy has to be next)? I'm not sure. Plus I might be wrong but isn't Carl in more memes? I feel he's slightly more demanded. I won't give Sheen a zero since, well Hugh kind of blind-sided us so this game could bring more surprises. But against Jimmy and Carl, and with Hugh being the meme character I think his chances are shot.

Want: 15%

I like Sheen but after Hugh and Jimmy I'm not sure if I want more reps from this series. It depends on how many more DLC characters we get, but I say let some of the dark horse series get their first or second rep first for now.

Predictions:
Krang - 15% (He's an iconic villain and with the strong possibility of a second pass I wonder how people feel about TMNT these days).
Olmec's Temple - 5% (This depends on if we get a Legends of the Hidden Temple rep since standalone stages don't seem like they will be a thing. And the odds of it getting a rep are probably low).

As for noms, I've pretty much ran out of ideas at this point so I will help out whatever I find is interesting on the noms list. My noms go to:
Star Trek representation x15

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Jimmy Neutron

Chance: 95% -
By the the most in-demand character, I'd be shocked if he wasn't DLC. I know Hugh was chosen first (probably because it'd be a big deal for the community) but there's no way they didn't go for Jimmy as well, especially since he technically had even more fan demand than Hugh did! He also has loads of moveset potential that doesn't overlap with his father, Hugh's used some of Jimmy's inventions but he has tons of other stuff as well. Hugh being in also shows that there's no issues getting Jimmy Neutron content into the game. Really, the only reason I gave him a 95 instead of 100 was because the DLC mght end before they can include him (which likely won't happen) or if Hugh's content deconfirms Jimmy in some way. But the developers are clearly aware of his demand, and I'm sure Nick is as well, and I believe in the popular theory that he's being saved for a Jimmy/Timmy dual reveal. Aside from a couple of hiccups thanks to his father, the boy genius has basically everything going for him!

Want: 100% - How can I say no?! This kid's a Nicktoons essential, and while I like Hugh as well I think Jimmy should've gotten in first. The kid's a lovable character with loads of potential, and represents a side of the series that Hugh doesn't. He's the main character of his show and one of the first things you think of when you think of Nicktoons! He's more than earned his slot! and I am in full support of his inclusion, since he was one of the big Nick shows I grew up with!

Sheen Estavez

Chance: 5% -
In full agreement with Darkonedagger on this one. While Sheen was well-written in Jimmy Neutron itself, Planet Sheen has resulted in him gaining a lot of baggage and plenty of ire from Nickelodeon fans. Alongside this, if we're getting any Jimmy Neutron character next it's Jimmy himself. Hugh was a meme character like Sheen, but Hugh was also THE meme character and a face of the fan community, so he feels more like the exception rather than the rule. I doubt they're gonna give Sheen the same benefit, and even if they decided to skip Jimmy again (for whatever reason) they'd go with Carl instead, who has the same amount of meme power without an awful spinoff dragging him down. Granted, Sheen DID place in the top 25 in the most recent fan poll, and they could easily design Sheen around purely Jimmy Neutron content and ignore Planet Sheen all together. But I don't see either of these mitigating the drawbacks he currently has.

Want: 10% - I've never seen Planet Sheen, and I was one of the few people who liked him as a character! Though despite some of the cool ideas they could do for his moveset I really don't want to see Jimmy get skipped over again. I get that Hugh was the big community thing, but Sheen would really be pushing it! If Jimmy gets in (which he most likely will) then I'd be much more open to Sheen afterward!

Nominations:
Jack Fenton x10

Predictions:
Olmec's Temple - 32.18% - Given the devs 90's bias and the presence of a Double Dare stage I can see some confidence in this!

Krang - 4.28% - I see his results being similar to Rocksteady's. He's the next most iconic villain after Shredder, but with him being a stage cameo (even if the devs said they don't outright deconfirm) and most remaining TMNT demand being for Donatello/Raphael instead I'm not putting money on this. TMNT already has a lot of content so the fans aren't begging for more right now.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
ELEVENTY SIX!

Chance: 98%

While I'm aware of the possibility that they may be only going for one character per series for DLC, hence the two points off, Jimmy's demand is colossal. Hugh was a big meme choice since Hugh memes were popular around that time, but all the serious demand was for Jimmy. They can't ignore that. The only way Jimmy doesn't get in is if, again, they decide to do one character one show to cover as much ground as possible.
Jimmy has scads of moveset potential. He has his gadgets, he's got Goddard, and I don't think there's too much danger of Hugh getting anything Jimmy couldn't already have because Hugh is such a full fledged character on his own that he and Jimmy could very easily fill completely different niches. If Hugh is going to get any gadgets at all, they'd be ones that he himself specifically used in the show, such as his reign of terror with the time rewind remote thing. Otherwise, he's got ducks, the various foods he's obsessed with, his pinata stick and spear, the motorcycle we saw in his teaser, I think Jimmy is safe to get the gadgetry based moveset.
Yeah, Jimmy's got a lot going for him. He's got the announcer call ready to go, he's got the ginormous fan demand, he's got the dynamic with Timmy they can capitalize on, there's only one thing thing that could hold him back and we don't even know if that's going to be an issue or not.

Want: 40%
I'm not a big JN fan, but I do like Hugh so I was pleased to see him. I'm not big on Jimmy himself as a character but so many people want him so much that I want to see him get in just to make everyone happy. Plus yeah, being real, if we get Spongebob, Danny and Timmy but not Jimmy, that's gonna feel a little hollow.

TAKE THE RED PILL JIMMY I LOVE THE RED PILL

Nah. Sheen ain't happening, at least not for this game. Even disregarding the boulder chained to his ankle that is Planet Sheen, Hugh took what could have been his spot as the meme/comic relief pick for JN, and if we're getting another JN character, it's going to be Jimmy himself without question, and they can't just fill the DLC up with JN characters. There are too many unrepresented shows that still need to make it in.
No longer disregarding Planet Sheen, holy **** was that a bad show. So bad that Nick buried JN as a franchise for years. If we get a third, it's still not likely to be Sheen because of this. Carl, Cindy, one of the villains, or even Ultra Lord would probably happen before Sheen does because of all of the bad vibes Sheen carries now. If anything, Sheen feels like a prime candidate for a stage cameo.

Want: 1%
Jimmy and Hugh are enough, thanks.

Predictions
Krang: 15%
Omlec: 55%

All noms for Daggett re-rate. Shooting to get both separate Beavers and duo Beavers all in one day.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Jimmy Neutron 2: Stronger. Smarter. Still won't call it salt
So, it somehow happened. Hugh Neutron was demanded enough that he could get in before his son. Thankfully, Jimmy's merit doesn't stop at "he's who the first rep SHOULD be!". He's still got moveset potential his dad can't take from him. He still has massive demand, in fact it's massive enough for him to be #1 on QG's poll which was post-Hugh's announcement. Nick has realized people can be nostalgic for JN. Steve Oedekerk and DNA Productions aren't issues. His only potential obstacle depends on whether or not something about Hugh's pack screams "we're not making Jimmy playable", and we don't know enough about Hugh's moveset and stage to determine that.

Want: 100%.
Of course it's not going to go down just because Hugh made it in. I was more interested in Jimmy the whole time.

Charlie Emilio
Chance: 1%
The last time we had Sheen without Jimmy in a Nicktoons game, that was because of Planet Sheen. A show which failed in every way imaginable.

And that game couldn't decide if it wanted to rep Planet Sheen or Jimmy Neutron, as Sheen's love of Ultra Lord is more relevant to the original series, and the Planet Sheen stage was a location from the original movie. And the 3DS version added Jimmy anyway.

And ignoring Planet Sheen, Hugh was THE #1 choice for a Jimmy Neutron character that isn't Jimmy himself. His friends couldn't compete with the Hugh Nation. Only Jimmy himself can.

Want: 10%
This would be more like 50%, but after Hugh getting in, they need to prioritize Jimmy when it comes to expanding his franchise.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Big brain moment

Chance: 45%
I guess I'm the pessimist here?

Not going to get into his show, character, moveset potential, popularity, etc. This is a rerate and those factors haven't changed. What has changed is that his dad got in. This has resulted in an outcry from fans who want to make sure Jimbo doesn't miss out just because of dad memes. So if Jimmy was popular before, now he's the popular character. To gauge how much this affects Jimmy, we must ask ourselves two questions.

First, why did the devs add Hugh? Obviously, he had demand, and the memes likely helped. So a more precise question would be: did the devs think people wanted Hugh more than Jimmy? We can't really know for sure, but during base game speculation, when Hugh demand was at its highest (and when the devs likely took notice) Jimmy was widely presumed to be a lock. But if the devs missed that nuance, they might have confused Hugh's support for preference over his kid. Conversely, they might, like most people here are taking for granted, added Hugh as a "holy **** they did this" pick with plans to add Jimmy later on. But this is by no means a guarantee.

Second, when and how is/was the DLC planned? In waves like Smash? All at once? On an individual basis? We don't know. And since we don't know, we can't accurately make guesses about their ability to react. Let's say they weren't aware that Jimmy was that beloved. If the DLC is picked in waves, they could just add Jimmy in the next one. But if all DLC was planned from the get-go, and Hugh was picked as the JN rep, tough luck.

With nothing to point us one way or the other, both scenarios are equally likely. And I guess there's also the possibility (albeit an unlikely one, given how free-wheeling the devs seem to be) that even with the ability to pivot and add Jimmy, they choose not to to keep the DLC varied. It's all up in the air as far as we know. But I think any belief that Jimmy is a lock is completely unwarranted.

I just realized his name is a reference to the Sheen/Estevez family of actors

Chance: 15%
Sheen is one of Jimmy Neutron's friends who for some godforsaken reason got his own spin-off show. There he goes to a planet of morons who consider him smart and he does a bunch of nonsensical things because out-of-touch TV executives think nonsense = kids love it!

While Sheen himself was a generally well liked character in JN, his Planet Sheen incarnation is loathed and the show as a whole is considered one of the worst Nick has ever put out. Unlike with Fanboy & Chum Chum, I agree, Planet Sheen is miserable. Regardless, bad shows breed memes, and sure enough, Sheen has recently placed high in polls, likely off the strength of that.

Putting aside the question of whether the devs can react to the latest indicators of demand, Sheen's case depends on whether there will be more than one JN rep, and whether he's considered a rep of that show or of Planet Sheen. If Hugh and Jimmy get in, Sheen might be seen as overkill. If Jimmy is out and Sheen is seen as more of a bad show rep than someone outstaging Jimmy, then he could have his shot. The demand helps but he's a longshot.

Want: 50%
I have no thoughts on OG Sheen, I barely remember him save for the "this is the 5th time you've shown us X" meme. Planet Sheen!Sheen though, him I have thoughts on. On one hand, I would very much like to beat him up. And he'd technically represent a new show, which is always a plus. On the other, I think my hatred of Planet Sheen reached to a level so strong that I might still not enjoy his inclusion. And the representation aspect gets into the question of how much we should consider spin-offs their own entity. Korra is the most obvious example but I'd consider that a sequel show that's as important as The Last Airbender in the grand scheme of things. But how should we consider the likes of All Grown Up, or The Casagrandes, or the eight billion SpongeBob spin-offs Nick has lined up? Interesting discussion to have, in any case.

Noms: Tak
Krang prediction: 20%
Olmec stage: 6%

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Jambo Jombo The Lovable Rascal

Like most people in this thread, I'm more confident in Jimbo than ever before. His show is already in the game, proving that the path is clear for him, and if anything, he's only gotten more popular in the wake of Hugh's inclusion. Jimmy was already tearing up fan poll after fan poll before, second only sometimes to the likes of Jenny and Timmy, and most recently, he took 1st on The Big One. It's almost universally agreed that if Hugh is in the game, Jimmy should be too, so practically everyone's rooting for the boy [genius]. He's got everything going for him and very little, if anything going against him. The only way I can see Jimmy missing out is if DLC gets cut off early by Nick or if the devs for some reason limit themselves to one DLC character per series. Both of those are pretty slim chances IMO, so I can't really go any lower than 95%. In short, he's practically guaranteed.

I've been rooting for Jimmy since the beginning. Jimmy Neutron's probably my favorite Nicktoon bar maybe SpongeBob, and Jimmy himself's the first character I remember playing as in a video game. In my view, he needs to be here, even more than Timmy. Hugh's a funny guy and all, but c'mon, having him and not Jim would make this game even more of a laughingstock than it already is. Lord knows we don't need that.

Ultra Lord Enjoyer

In a pre-Hugh world, I might've generously given this a 10-15% chance of happening, but now? No. If we get another JN character, in 99% of realities, it's gonna be Jimmy. Sheen may be more important to the show than Hugh, forming the central trio along with Carl and Jim, but he doesn't have nearly the meme power he does, which is a problem since the devs made it very clear that Hugh was chosen mainly, if not solely for the memes. That's not to say he doesn't have any memes, but Jimmy's demand frankly eclipses that and if the devs were to go for another "heehee funny" pick over Jimmy himself (at the risk of harming the game's image even more), frankly Carl is right there. And that's to say nothing of Planet Sheen, which turned a lot of people off from the character wholesale. In short, he's not happening.

Want: 10%

I've been rewatching Jimmy Neutron as of late, and even though I always thought he was kind of annoying, it got me to remember that Sheen actually has some pretty funny lines in that show. That said, Jimmy absolutely takes priority right now and even ignoring obvious character hierarchy, Sheen just doesn't strike me as an interesting pick. I guess he could take some Ultra Lord inspiration? Maybe do some bad singing? I dunno, I'd rather have Carl, Jimmy, even standalone Goddard would probably be a better pick. This is a "maybe next time" thing for me.

First, why did the devs add Hugh? Obviously, he had demand, and the memes likely helped. So a more precise question would be: did the devs think people wanted Hugh more than Jimmy? We can't really know for sure, but during base game speculation, when Hugh demand was at its highest (and when the devs likely took notice) Jimmy was widely presumed to be a lock. But if the devs missed that nuance, they might have confused Hugh's support for preference over his kid. Conversely, they might, like most people here are taking for granted, added Hugh as a "holy **** they did this" pick with plans to add Jimmy later on. But this is by no means a guarantee.
I find it pretty unlikely that this is the case. The devs have been pretty tuned into the fanbase's desires since day 1 - they run the damn Discord, for Pete's sake. They'd definitely be aware of a character who's consistently been one of the most requested since the game was first announced. Aside from that, the lack of -immies has always been one of the most prevalent criticisms of the game, to the point that you practically can't talk about it without somebody bringing it up. Literally both the fandom and the hatedom have been clamoring for Jimmy, which isn't something that Hugh can say for himself. The demand for Jimmy is simply impossible to miss, so if he isn't in this game, I highly doubt it's because "we didn't know you wanted him".

Olmec Stage Prediction: 10%
This pretty much solely depends on a Shredder situation happening again where a character comes without a stage from their series, but Shredder got away with that because TMNT already had three stages to begin with. Considering most of the DLC will probably be from new series, this is extremely doubtful IMO.

Krang Prediction: 12%
He's more iconic than Rocksteady, but he would still be a fifth rep for a series that has much more obvious and demanded choices. I don't see this one garnering high scores.

Noms to Jorgen

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I find it pretty unlikely that this is the case. The devs have been pretty tuned into the fanbase's desires since day 1 - they run the damn Discord, for Pete's sake. They'd definitely be aware of a character who's consistently been one of the most requested since the game was first announced. Aside from that, the lack of -immies has always been one of the most prevalent criticisms of the game, to the point that you practically can't talk about it without somebody bringing it up. Literally both the fandom and the hatedom have been clamoring for Jimmy, which isn't something that Hugh can say for himself. The demand for Jimmy is simply impossible to miss, so if he isn't in this game, I highly doubt it's because "we didn't know you wanted him".
My point wasn't so much that the devs didn't know we wanted him, rather that the devs thought the demand for Jimmy would be sated by adding Hugh, who also had sizeable demand and is from the same show.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My point wasn't so much that the devs didn't know we wanted him, rather that the devs thought the demand for Jimmy would be sated by adding Hugh, who also had sizeable demand and is from the same show.
I wouldn't even agree with that, necessarily. While the prerelease Hugh hype was certainly loud, the Jimmy crowd was just as loud if not louder. It's to the point where people who don't even like or play this game are screaming his name, and they have been for months. People on both sides of the aisle have been asking for Jimmy SPECIFICALLY for eons, the Hugh hype was simply incidental to that. Like sure, Hugh satisfies the Hugh crowd, and a lot of JN fans are happy he's in the game, but most of those people were asking for Jimmy as well. I just don't see it as a realistic possibility that the devs at any point thought "yeah, they'll be happy if we add Hugh and not Jimmy." They're not that tone-deaf; we're not dealing with Nintendo here.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I just don't see it as a realistic possibility that the devs at any point thought "yeah, they'll be happy if we add Hugh and not Jimmy." They're not that tone-deaf; we're not dealing with Nintendo here.
Which is what I was aiming at. This belief is based on little more than blind trust that the devs will do exactly what we want. There are plenty of reasons why the devs might not want to include Jimmy, or not be able to include Jimmy, that don't mean they don't care about or listen to fans. "The devs would never do that!" doesn't cut it with me as an argument.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Which is what I was aiming at. This belief is based on little more than blind trust that the devs will do exactly what we want. There are plenty of reasons why the devs might not want to include Jimmy, or not be able to include Jimmy, that don't mean they don't care about or listen to fans. "The devs would never do that!" doesn't cut it with me as an argument.
It's not even that I blindly trust the devs to do everything we want, they already added Hugh before Jimmy to show they aren't just going down the checklist in order of what the fans think should be here. My point is that if Jimmy does miss the boat, it's not because they didn't know how popular he is or thought Hugh would be a suitable replacement in the eyes of the fans. They may not always ACT according to the fans' wishes, but they absolutely do have a read on what the fans want due to how in-touch they are with their community.

Last edited:

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Jimmy
-Chances: 95%
Other than Timmy, Jimmy is arguably the biggest Nickelodeon character who’s not in the game yet. With Hugh just being a meme, it’s easy to see Jimmy as the serious rep to the franchise
-Want: 95%
Timmy is my most wanted but Jimmy Is second. I’d be very happy to see him in.

Sheen
-Chances: 5%
If we get a third rep, it’s probably Carl. He’s more memeable and Sheen is dragged down by Planet Sheen. He’d probably be the fourth rep but I don’t think JN is getting that far.
-Want: 30%
Sheen would be a very fun character to play as. Then again, so would Carl.

Predictions
Olmec: 10%
-Olmec himself is not a stage, but I’m wondering if they mean the hidden temple.
Krang: 10%
-No. He’s probably not getting in before the remaining Turtles, and Splinter probably gets in before him as well.

noms to the KCAs.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Jimmy Neutron
Chance: 90%

Well, here he is. The most requested character for the game now that Jenny's in. He's been dominating fan polls since the game launched, and he's basically a shoo in. The only reasons why Jimmy wouldn't get in are either if DLC prematurely ends after Rocko of if Ludosity doesn't want a single show to have multiple DLC slots.

Want: 60%
I mean, he is cool after all. The idea of a gadgeteer based moveset is why people want him to begin with.

Sheen Estevez
Chance: 20%

I don't know if fans would be happy if we got two JN characters that aren't the boy genius himself. He's also associated with Planet Sheen, a spinoff that infamously flopped and was quickly cancelled.

Want: 5%
I don't really want him. If JN is getting a 2nd rep I'd rather it be the boy genius himself.

Noms: Lana Loud x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
theres a killer lima bean standing behind you

chances: jimmy 50% and sheen i'll go with 25%. the fandom still clamours for jimmy, going by what the rest of you say, so if dlc carries on then his odds are good. after all the dlc seems to be following the same pattern as the base roster, fan favourites and meme machines. sheen as far as i recall is an major character in the series but from the little i know of the fandom i imagine he's a bit down the priority list. not impossible but not too likely. maybe i was little generous. how many memes does he make? well anyway, jimmy most likely if dlc continues, sheen harsh competition

want: well its hard to say im in favour of them one way or the other as i dont remember the show to well. think i remember the movie a bit better. anyway i do find myself ever so slightly tempted by hugh, maybe if hes cheap on his own. so ill give em 10% for sheen and 30% for jimmy as i can at least be happy for his fans in this case, like with ridley and k.rool.

any noms i earned go to orson

btw did those aliens from the film ever turn up in the series?

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Jimmy Neutron

Chance - 95% - No change from my old rating. He's probably the most wanted character right now, and his demand has only increased due to Hugh. The only reason not to include him at this point is because Hugh took up the Jimmy slot and they prioritize other, new shows. The two roughly seem to cancel each other out, so I'm keeping my old score.

Want - 99% - I reserve my 100% rating for my most wanted character, and that's Timmy. It's a very close second, though.

Sheen Estevez

Chance - 1% - Hugh already fulfills the "joke" role for a character slot from the Show. In addition, Sheen has his reputation marred by Planet Sheen, seen as one of the worst shows to come from Nick. There's very little positive to say about his chances.

Want - 40% - I don't mind Hugh, but I don't think I can take another. Jimmy needs to get in first.

Predictions

Krang - 3.53% - There are better TMNT characters...

Olmec's Temple stage - 13.34% - Some optimism, a lot of pessimism.

Nominations

Patchy the Pirate X5

btw did those aliens from the film ever turn up in the series?
Yes, twice. "The Eggpire Strikes Back" acts a sequel to the original movie, lead by their leader King Goobot. He comes back for "The League of Villains," as the leader of the group of Villains who want revenge on Jimmy. That episode acts as the Series Finale.

D

Deleted member

Yes, twice. "The Eggpire Strikes Back" acts a sequel to the original movie, lead by their leader King Goobot. He comes back for "The League of Villains," as the leader of the group of Villains who want revenge on Jimmy. That episode acts as the Series Finale.
And, expectedly, not voiced by Patrick Stewart when he appeared in the show.

Technically he's also he villain in the pilot, which Nick liked so much that they turned into the first film.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I apologize for the double post, but I do think it would be a good idea to have another person on the game's staff who can manage the scores/run the days in your absence (Like how DanganZilla/GoodGrief/Sari were in the Smash thread). I know a lot of stuff's gone on for you outside of the site, so it would relieve a lot of pressure on you, and we want to help in any way we can!

I hope I didn't come off as rude or anything, this is just a suggestion. We hope everything is alright on your end, and all of us will always have your back, friend!

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Okay, I'm sorry. I honestly have no good excuse for the day lasting this long. If if ever takes me this long again, please ban me.
Anyway, let's get to the numbers so we can finally move on to the next day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fanboy & Chum Chum
Chance: 23.20%
Want: 34.44%
Winner of predictions is GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , who predicted 23%. You get 10 extra noms!

Concept: alternate announcers
Chance: 7.55%
Want: 51.67%
Winner of predictions is Sid-cada Sid-cada , who predicted 8.45%. You get 10 extra noms!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jimbo
Chance: 99%
Well, his main competition is in now, so I see no reason for the devs not to add him. Unless DLC gets cut short or they decide the arbitrarily limit themselves to one character per series, but neither of those outcomes seems very likely.

With my main man Hugh now in, I definitely think Jimbo should be in, too. He deserves it.

Krang prediction: 3%
Stage prediction: 10%
DAY OVER (No, really)​
Rate Krang from TMNT and Concept: Olmec's Temple stage. Predict Tak. Which Tak? I'm not sure exactly, no one ever specified. So, uh, let's just rate both of them I guess.
Predict Tak from Tak & The Power of Juju and Tak from Invader Zim.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Tak (Juju) predictions: 12%
I personally think Tak is a lot less likely than this for reasons I will get into (it's not gonna be pretty, I'll say that much - more than just copyright) - but since he is technically part of the Unite gang a lot of people will see that going for him

Sitcom stage x 5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Okay, I'm sorry. I honestly have no good excuse for the day lasting this long. If if ever takes me this long again, please ban me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fanboy & Chum Chum
Chance: 23.20%
Want: 34.44%
Winner of predictions is GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 , who predicted 23%. You get 10 extra noms!

Concept: alternate announcers
Chance: 7.55%
Want: 51.67%
Winner of predictions is Sid-cada Sid-cada , who predicted 8.45%. You get 10 extra noms!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jimbo
Chance: 99%
Well, his main competition is in now, so I see no reason for the devs not to add him. Unless DLC gets cut short or they decide the arbitrarily limit themselves to one character per series, but neither of those outcomes seems very likely.

With my main man Hugh now in, I definitely think Jimbo should be in, too. He deserves it.

Krang prediction: 3%
Stage prediction: 10%
DAY OVER (No, really)​
Rate Krang from TMNT and Concept: Olmec's Temple stage. Predict Tak. Which Tak? I'm not sure exactly, no one ever specified. So, uh, let's just rate both of them I guess.
Predict Tak from Tak & The Power of Juju and Tak from Invader Zim.
Yooo extra noms! Nice.

Also I wasn't aware there was a Tak in Invader Zim, I meant the Juju guy.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
ASSEMBLE THE ****ING SILVER MONKEY STATUE, DAMMIT
Chance: 25%
If Shredder is any indication, this would depend on if one of our future DLC fighters comes from an already-represented show. And quite frankly I think Jimmy Neutron and Zuko are the only really likely characters from that category. And Jimmy would be the second rep for his show, so I'd think Ludosity wouldn't mind making a second JN stage. So it...really depends on if Zuko gets in and they don't feel like making a Fire Nation stage for him.

Want: 75%
Well, at least Legends of the Hidden Temple would be represented, but I think it'd be much better if the Temple Run was a bonus minigame.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
A literal brain

Krang is an iconic villain and the biggest TMNT villain not in the game. He's known for wearing suits or operating mechs which is where they can draw his moveset from. But will we get a 5th TMNT rep? It's a tough call considering the series is already well represented, not to mention Raphael and Donatello do decently well on fan polls with Krang being very, very low or nonexistent. So overall while he has a semi decent chance, there is not much pointing toward him other than him being recognizable which is not enough when your series already has a ton of reps and all the demand is going towards other IPs.

Want: 30%

Krang is a very memorable villain and I always welcome those. But TMNT already has 4 reps. To put that into perspective, Spongebob only has 3 as of now. Right now I'm clamoring for new series to get introduced, which they did a good job with in regards to the first character pass and I want that trend to continue.

Temple of Doom

Chance: 10%

So if I understand this correctly, we are talking about the game show, Legends of the Hidden Temple, which has Olmec Temple as its main setting. Now this show has a few merits. For one it's a 90s show so the devs might have nostalgia for it. It also got a 2016 film and a revival, albeit it only lasted for one season. But that's it for the positives. Now we get to discuss the fact that this is a live action show! Which means dealing with real life people who not only need permission for their likeness, but are also fallible and could end up messing with the image of NASB if they get into some ****.

And yes I know I'm talking about this like we are talking about the concept of a rep. Well, at least to me, that is basically what this concept is. That's because in order for us to get an Olmec Temple stage, we most likely would need a rep. Standalone stages are something that I don't think are in the cards right now. That is something that is not really requested. I mean it's possible if we get a couple DLC characters from already represented franchises, that way the devs could pour stage resources into giving a new series just a stage. That scenario could happen, I mean I was not expecting items to get added in a free update (Yes I know that's a different case and items are probably easier to implement than a stage, but it goes to show that the devs could add different kinds of content to the game, even though I still find this concept to be unlikely).

Want: 50%

Another temple stage would be neat. But my satisfaction would depend on how they handle this. If they do indeed create standalone stages then sure I think I would pay a few dollars for a stage like this with some neat gimmicks. But if they bring a character along with it, that's an issue as I've never seen Legends of the Hidden Temple. So I wouldn't care about half of the content in the pack unless if they make the rep really fun, which to be fair this is a game show so it could pleasantly surprise me.

Noms: Star Trek representation x15

LimeTH

Smash Lord
You can't help it if you have stuff going on in your life. That's more important than a message board game about cartoon characters.

1655334182710.png

Krang is a very prominent villain in the 80's Ninja Turtles cartoon, but with TMNT already having four playable characters and two Turtles still absent, I don't think they'd go for Krang here. While they've said stage cameos don't deconfirm anyone, Krang having a cameo in Techndrome, and a pretty elaborate one at that, probably dashes his chances even more.

Want: 0%
Look I got nothing against TMNT but this game being so 80's Turtles heavy really clashes with the Nickelodeon theme of the game because 80's TMNT never aired on Nick (unlike Garfield), so it doesn't feel like it's actually representing Nick at all. It's kind of a blessing that Shredder came with a Nick themed stage rather than another TMNT one. And even if we were gonna get another TMNT character, I'd want the other two Turtles.
Save Krang for the sequel.

A temple? OLMEC THE TEMPLE!?
Chance: 25%

Legends of the Hidden Temple is incredibly iconic and is often used for nostalgia bait by Nick. It's a game show, so no specific character is tied to it (besides of course Olmec himself), which is both a blessing and a curse.
On one hand, since Olmec's Temple is a live action show, and we've already discussed why live action characters are extremely unlikely, there's nothing holding it back from getting represented as a stage the same way Double Dare has been.
On the other hand, Double Dare only happened because the devs probably knew a fourth TMNT stage would have been overkill, so they added it along with Shredder. Olmec would need either a character who has no stage potential, or a character from an already heavily represented series where adding another stage would seem like tipping the scales too much. We'd need either a general Nickelodeon character like Stick Stickly or another Spongebob, Avatar, TMNT or, stretching a bit, Loud House or Ren and Stimpy character. That or Hugh's stage is considered enough to represent JN and Olmec comes with Jimmy.
If they decide to do standalone stages, Olmec's chances shoot up considerably, but they haven't stated if that's even going to be a thing. It'd make more sense to pair the stage with a potential standalone character.

Not only did I adore Legends of the Hidden Temple as a kid, but it's just generally a fantastic idea for a platform fighter stage.
More game show stages, I say! Lets get the set of Figure It Out in there while we're at it!

Predictions
Tak from Tak: 20%
TAK from ZIM: 5%

Noms
Give separate Daggett and separate Norbert each whatever I got that's needed to line up with each other and the Duo nom.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Krang
Chance- 5%
A pretty iconic TMNT character and pretty much the main villian after Shredder, at least in the 80s verison. But here's the thing. I don't think we're gonna get any more TMNT characters. And if we do I think it'll most likely be Raph and Don. Even it we where to get another TMNT side character. He has competition with the likes of Casey and Splinter. Krang is also a stage cameo, which hurts his chances.

Want - 15%
I like Krang. He's funny and his desgin with the big robot man is great. They could proablly give him a pretty fun moveset. But I don't need another TMNT character right now, and I say this as a pretty big TMNT fan.

Temple Run
Chance- 40%
This all depends if we get DLC stages from Franchises without fighters. The two options are that they come with fighters from franchises with multiple stages already like what happened with Shredder, so say if Squidward or Zuko got in. This is proablly the more likely option. The other option is that they put out stages as individual DLC, like what happened with the Mario Maker stage or the 64 stages in Smash 4. I'm just not sure if they have the resources for something extra like that. But if we are to get more non fighter reped stages. A Hidden Temple stage feels like a pretty likely pick. Another game show, and one that seems to be pretty well remembered.

Want - 50%
I have no real attachment to this show or any of the classic Nickelodeon gameshows, really. But more stages are allways good and its a pretty cool setting for a stage.

Tak (Tak): 15%
Tak (Zim) 4%

Noms to Tommy Pickles and Music DLC

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Krang

Chance - 2.5% - Krang may be the most notable TMNT character after Shredder, but right now he doesn't seem likely. We already have 4 TMNT characters, and we haven't even gotten all of the Turtles. People really want other series represented, and right now it seems like trying to add more risks making TMNT like Fire Emblem in Smash in terms of perception and/or reputation.

Want - 35% - I'd rather other series get in first. I don't care much about TMNT.

Olmec's Temple

Chance - 20%- The only way that I can see this get in is if a character gets in with a stage not from their home series. There are a few candidates, such as another Jimmy, SpongeBob, or Avatar character, but overall I wouldn't consider that to be certain. That said, if it does happen I think Olmec's Temple is the frontrunner for this kind of stage.

Want - 75% - The stage would be fun, no doubt. However, to me it's only going to really be worth it if Olmec talks. This is roughly where the average of it lies on if Olmec is voiced vs. not.

No predictions, due to me getting extra nominations.

Nominations

All to Patchy the Pirate

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Krang the mang

Chance: 7%
Krang is for sure a big villain for TMNT. After Shredder, who's already in, I'd say he's the main bad guy. However, TMNT already has 4 characters. I don't think they'll add more this game unless DLC goes crazy. Even if they did, Krang has decades of Turtles' allies and enemies to overcome, crucially Casey Jones. And of course, there's the factor of the two missing Turtles. Maybe the devs just don't want to add Raph and Don, but fans will keep asking for them until they are in. Which also means there's no room for Krang to grow support.

Want: 20%
4 TMNT characters is enough, let's give another series a go. Plus I'm not a fan of how most of its reps play. Krang is cool but nowhere near my favorite TMNT character or even villain. If I can make a pie-in-the-sky request, give me Usagi.

Olmec the molmec

Legends of the Hidden Temple is a pretty iconic Nick game show. How iconic is it? I was born in the year 2000, never watched a single episode, and I still know about it. Tbh, I would have expected this or GUTS to get a stage over Double Dare, but here we are. Guess the slime made the difference.

Regardless, we know we can get stages from unrepped shows (which is good because, uh, no way this show gets a fighter). So the question is, what will it take? Well, barring the addition of a standalone stage to fill the gap between waves of fighters (and there's a non-zero chance of that), the most likely outcome would be for a fighter to come with it. And for a fighter to come with it it would have to be from a franchise that doesn't need one, either because the one(s) it has are enough (see Shredder) or because the series has trash stage potential.

For the first scenario, let's look at the franchises that already have reps and if they could get new ones. TMNT, as mentioned above, seems unlikely, as do Garfield, My Life as a Teenage Robot and Rocko's Modern Life since they got in as DLC. Jimmy Neutron is a series people suspect could get two reps (I'm skeptical) but it would depend on whether Hugh gets a really representative stage for the show or a more Hugh-centric pick. SpongeBob, Avatar, and The Loud House are all shows with multiple reps that could get another (Ren & Stimpy is probably done). For SpongeBob there are obvious locales such as the Krusty Krab, Chum Bucket, SpongeBob's street, Sandy's treedome, however many of these beg the question of why haven't they been done before. Perhaps the devs don't see the potential. Avatar, too, is a globetrotting franchise with lots of possible stages. If we get a firebender a Fire Nation stage would be obvious, and a LoK character would probably come with a stage from said timeframe, but if we get, say, Sokka or Katara, maybe there's room for Olmec there. As for TLH, given its more real-life setting I assume there are less ideas for it, but I might be wrong about that, and as there are only two there's no overkill here.

I won't get in-depth with the other repped franchises, but most have a stage that's very representative of the franchise as a whole, while still leaving room for further fighters and stages.

As for the second scenario, the one where the fighter's home franchise has zero stage potential... I can't imagine a character we rated that has a chance of getting in that couldn't have a stage with some imagination. Garfield's stage is straight up food floating in his dreams. For all I know Otis will come with a Poke Floats-like stage except it's the models of all the characters from his show.

I really really really want the Aggro Crag to be a stage, but this will also do.

Tak prediction: 1%
The cooler Tak prediction: 4%

(First Tak is Invader Zim Tak, second Tak is Juju Tak)

All my noms (including extra noms) go to Bloom from Winx Club

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
olemc, olmec, werent they those robots batman built around infinite crisis? no? abstain

krang..... is that the pink thing living in a person's stomach? no? abstain

noms to orson

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Jimmy
-Chances: 95%
Other than Timmy, Jimmy is arguably the biggest Nickelodeon character who’s not in the game yet. With Hugh just being a meme, it’s easy to see Jimmy as the serious rep to the franchise
-Want: 95%
Timmy is my most wanted but Jimmy Is second. I’d be very happy to see him in.

Sheen
-Chances: 5%
If we get a third rep, it’s probably Carl. He’s more memeable and Sheen is dragged down by Planet Sheen. He’d probably be the fourth rep but I don’t think JN is getting that far.
-Want: 30%
Sheen would be a very fun character to play as. Then again, so would Carl.

Predictions
Olmec: 10%
-Olmec himself is not a stage, but I’m wondering if they mean the hidden temple.
Krang: 10%
-No. He’s probably not getting in before the remaining Turtles, and Splinter probably gets in before him as well.

noms to the KCAs.
Hey, I've been trying to aim for a double day with the KCAs and sitcom stage, would you mind not desyncing the two concepts any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom