• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh snap!
(i'm very sorry about this)

Chance: 19%
ChalkZone... not a huge show! Or, at least, I don't think it was, since I'd never heard of it before NASB speculation was a thing. Apparently it has a cult following, which, cool, but yeah, this is another show that Nick just kind of screwed ...

That's where the story would end, except that surprise! That recent poll had Snap in the top 10. Damn. That's pretty high. Now I don't know if shenanigans were involved, but assuming there weren't (and I see no reason to think otherwise) then people would really like to see a Chalkzone character. Which makes sense! The show seems like it's really good and also the artist/summoner is this very common videogame archetype that people can very easily envision in a fighting game. If you look at the top 25 it's basically a combination of fighter-ready archetypes and memes.

But yeah, people really want a Chalkzone rep. Two questions remain: #1. Can the devs react to new fan demand? If the DLC is being planned on the run, then yeah, most likely, but if the DLC was all chosen and approved at a fixed point then we might be outta luck. #2. Would Snap be the rep chosen? The devs have shown they're not reluctant to pick a character that isn't the lead, which helps Snap. But maybe they'd feel like Rudy, as the kid who actually draws up creatures, would make for a more interesting moveset. Worth pointing out that both Snap and Rudy, along with the option of them as a duo, are all popular picks.

Without knowing the answer to those two questions, I can't give the high score I was planning to. Plus a rising tide raises all ships, and Snap doesn't appear to be in the league of other characters like El Tigre and Otis. But still, one to look out for.

Want: 100%
Sure! Never watched the show but I think I'd like it. Know some people who do, and of course people are asking for him. Plus I like his design!

Noms: Tak (using my extra noms, which seem like a pittance compared to what the cow gave out)
Sabrina prediction: uhhh... What? Is she related to Nickelodeon in any way? Thought she was in the Riverdale Cinematic Universe or whatever
2%

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Snap

Chance: 30% -
Snap's a really interesting case. On one hand, his show's cult following status has propelled him and his creator into the top 25, he himself being present multiple times! I know the ChalkZone fandom is loud but that doesn't make it any less impressive! On the other hand, devs 90's bias, the show got screwed by Nick so no corporate push, and it is still overshadowed by Jimmy Neutron, El Tigre, Timmy Turner, Otis, etc. So they simply may get out-prioritized at this point in time. It really all comes down to the DLC structure! Has the next wave been planned out? How many are we getting? If the next wave was already planned (most likely due to Jenny's sales) then Snap's out, at least for the time being. However, if they haven't planned that far ahead I can see them responding to Snap's fan demand! and if more of the top picks are added in the second wave, then I can see ChalkZone being the big 2000's new franchise of the third wave! It really depends on how much DLC we're getting and how far ahead the next wave has been planned.

Would Snap be the character chosen? That also depends. Springmanning has been happening in this game to a frustrating degree (even if a lot of the base game examples made sense) so if the devs prefer Snap it could easily be him! He's also the mascot of the show essentially! On the other hand, people still love Rudy, him being in a duo with Snap is in the top 25, and being an artist summoner he could make for a very interesting moveset himself! Plus the characters he'd summon would easily be flat models, so that (on top of the added DLC budget), making him an even more feasible choice! There's also the aforementioned Rudy + Snap duo option that would give us the best of both worlds!

Overall, I can easily see ChalkZone getting in if we get enough DLC! Whether or not it'd be Snap I'm uncertain, but it's almost assuredly him or Rudy, or him AND Rudy together!

Want: 80% - Still focused on other priorities, but how can I say no to ChalkZone?! I loved this show as a kid and I think Snap would make for a hilarious addition to the game! ChalkZone as a setting is super unique and Snap can do all sorts of crazy things, so with that extra DLC budget I can see them making something super cool of him! I'd personally prefer if we got Rudy first, but the best option would definitely be to make Rudy a summoner with Snap as his primary summon, giving us the best of both worlds! Plus Snap and Rudy work together a ton anyway, so them being a team makes sense! Bring on the chalk!

Nominations:
Jack Fenton xAll

Predictions:
Sabrina - 1.36% - Live action character not fully owned by Nickelodeon and with no fan demand? Not seeing much confidence there!

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Snap

Chance - 40% - Snap's a real mystery. Snap's one of the more popular ones, sure, but there's certainly a world where he could be passed. He's popular, sure, but not to the same league as, say, El Tigre or Timmy are right now. Depending on how long the DLC lasts, I could easily see them stopping before he becomes included. In addition, Rudy is the one with the Magic Chalk, so he could be passed in favor of going with the one with more potential, and unlike Mr. Neutron he doesn't have that sort of popularity power or memes to back him up. Still, he's somewhat likely, just not over 50% for me.

Want - 60% - Chalk Zone I remember watching somewhat. I think a character would be cool, but Rudy is honesty the one for me.

Predictions

Sabrina - 0.02% - Ain't she owned by the House of Mouse?
Looks up
Okay, she originally was on ABC (aka Disney) before WB picked up the series. So she's a character more likely for Multiverses....

Nominations

Olmec's Temple X5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
I'm sorry for taking so long
Chance: 55%
Snap has always been a pretty highly requested character since the game was revealed. I could see him getting added at some point.
Want: 95%
Snap is cool. He'd definitely be fun to play as in this game.

Sabrina prediction: 0.3%
Noms: Daggett & Norbert x5
DAY FINALLY OVER
Rate Sabrina the Teenage Witch, predict Fanboy & Chum Chum and Concept: Alternate announcers
DaUsername DaUsername Everything alright there. bud?
Yeah sorry I'm bad at this.

D

Deleted member

Chance- 0%
Yeah this isn't happening. The killer combo of not being a Nickelodeon orignal ip and live action is a deal breaker. I believe it aired on Nick here in the UK, which doesn't seem like the strongest connection. Sabrina was originally an archie comic, and the orignal live action show, while Viacom produced, aired on ABC in the USA, as did the cartoon spin off. She is much more likely for Multiversus if anything. The orignal (live action) show moved to the WB in its later seasons, and the (actually really fun!) Netflix series Chilling Adventurs of Sabrina is part of the CW's Riverdale universe, with Sabrina herself becoming part of the Riverdale cast. There is the 70s cartoon but I don't see why they'd go with that. There's also the factor of having to deal with real likenesses (and Melissa Joan Heart is farily problematic by all accounts), they could go with the animated versions but none of them really seem to make much sense. She's basicly a guest character, and I think they'd be much more likely to have any potential guest be a more requested character.

Want - 1%
I have no nostalgia for the original, animated or live action. It's a cute concept I guess and Salam is cool. Who doesn't love a talking cat? But honestly my favorite version is the Chilling Adventures comic run and the Netflix adaption of the same name. As sacrilegious as it may be to say, Kiernan Shipka is my preferred Sabrina. There are other sitcom characters I'd wanna see get into the game.

Noms to Movie Sonic and Star Trek Rep

May as well go all in on the Viacom crossover picks

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sabrina chance rating: 0%
I don't know where to start on this... like, how do you rate a character so out-of-nowhere? she's a character from Archie Comics - they've had shows on Nick, including Sabrina shows, but they're not exactly associated with Nick. From what I can find, one of her live action shows is owned by Viacom but aired on Disney-owned ABC. I don't really see why she'd be on the radar even if syndicated characters were on the table - she's too big to be a safe investment like Watch My Chops or Kappa Mikey, but also not big enough to be some world-shattering reveal like Goku or Bugs Bunny

Want: 0%
Honestly, I'd much prefer just an Archie comics fighting game for Sabrina to go to, they certainly have the cast for it. I'm all for guests with low Nick connections, but this one doesn't seem fitting IMO.

5 noms for Silver Ball rep (changed since Danger Mouse falls under it)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well i brought this on myself

chances: 0% yeah i dont see it. between there being little to no indication theyre open to live action stuff and the fact that shes 3rd party, a detail i forgot when nominating her, im not sure theres a lot going for her. i believe the tv series i well renowned and other wise that might contributed something. but alas the things that count even more arent here. not even any slight fan demand.

want: 100% shed be a lot of fun. provided it was the live action version maybe the cartoon. a few years back a friend of mine lent me of 7 seasons and it was pretty funny still so thats why id be on board. plus the type of spellcaster shed be would be a real stand out on the roster i would think. stage potential is not unreasonable as well if not as amazing as others. even with nae chance i still think shed be fun to have.

noms to orson

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
No worries! I just hope you're doing okay!

Sabrina

Chance: 0% -
While definitely a bigger name than the Expired Cow, Sabrina has so many roadblocks that it's just impossible to see a scenario where she gets in. She's not a Nick-original IP (and not owned by them either, so no Ninja Turtles card for her), having been created by Archie Comics. Alongside that, she's a live action character, and we already know the caveats of that. Sure, there's an animated series, but the live-action one is the only on with ties to Nick (and even then, it moved to WB in its' later seasons, making her more appropriate for Multiversus. A game which has shown no aversion to adding real-life celebrities). Finally, there's no fan demand for her, so unless we get an improbably extreme case of sudden developer's bias she is not getting added over all of these megahit high-demand Nicktoons characters.

Want: 5% - I have memories of the show as a kid, since my sister used to watched it and I liked Salem the cat. But as nice as Sabrina is there's no way I'd want to see her picked over all of these incredible Nicktoons characters. Plus there are so many other characters (like Timmy Turner) that I think would be a better choice for the magician archetype.

Nominations:
Jack Fenton x10

Predictions:
Alternate announcers - 21.73% - Tough call on this one. With voice acting coming I can see them going for something like this, especially since it wouldn't be difficult to do. On the otherhand they need every bit of budget they can, and it'd likely be a superfluous feature when they could put that extra announcer VA money towards something else that really needs it.

Fanboy and ChumChum - 32.46% - Another tough call, they placed very well together on the recent fan poll and have loads of meme power to boot. But they also have the difficulty of being a two-in-one character with a large hatedom as well.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
You're doing great, no worries.

Sabrina Spellman
Chance: 0%

We talking this Sabrina?
1654184994033.png

Or this Sabrina?
1654185046358.png

Because neither is all that possible. Both Sabrina shows were made for and owned by Disney. I don't think these shows have ever aired on Nick, at least not in the states. The first one may have channel jumped to the WB at some point (Remember the WB? Man.) but that's live action, with all the roadblocks that brings.
If The Sponge is gonna tangle with The Mouse, they're better off going for Doug.

Yeah, nah, sorry. I do have nostalgia for the franchise since my sister used to be a Sabrina megafan, but Sabrina just isn't Nickelodeon. There are a lot of other characters I'd rather see first, even live action ones, before they try and get Sabrina. The thought probably wouldn't even cross their minds.

Noms:
3x Tommy
2x Heffer

Predictions
Fanboy and Chum Chum: 5%
Announcers: 10%

Melissa Joan Heart is farily problematic by all accounts
Aw ****, what did she do?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sabrina the Half-a-Century-Aged Franchise
Chance: 0%.
I think I remember seeing a Sabrina episode on TeenNick...or Nick at Nite? Maybe? Either way, the fact that I can't clearly remember which Nick block I remember seeing Sabrina on means she's barely connected to Nick anyway, and Nick at Nite potentially being one of them means she definitely isn't Viacom-owned, as the point of the block is to rerun sitcoms which mostly aren't Viacom-owned anyway. And of course, she has all the obstacles a live-action character would face, as the Sabrina that was reran on Nick wasn't the animated series.

Want: 0%.
With my memories of seeing a Sabrina episode on Nick being incredibly vague, it's safe to say that I wouldn't call her a Nickelodeon All-Star. And I'd rather this game stick to them, only tolerating the idea of Beavis or Cartman joining because they'd still hint the roster is restricted to Viacom animation.

Predict 10% for both announcers and FB&CC.

Nominating Non-Nicktoon Viacom cartoons X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Legend of Zelda('s niece)

Turns out Sabrina has a way deeper history than I knew. It was originally a comic from Archie Comics. Which was adapted into:
  • An animated show by Filmation for CBS (no connection to Nick)
  • A live action show that first aired on ABC (owner Disney) before moving to the WB (owner Warner). It ran on Nick at Nite in the US and Canada and streams worldwide on Paramount+ (which is owned by Nick's parent company). There are a lot of connections to Nick here so I'm assuming this is why she was nominated.
  • An animated spinoff made by DIC (then under Disney, currently defunct) aired on ABC and UPN (used to belong to Viacom which now owns Nick). It had a movie that aired on Nickelodeon and a sequel series that aired on a network that isn't around anymore and not owned by any big players.
  • A third animated show that was produced by Disney but aired on the Hub (which is owned by Warner)
  • A live action show for Netflix produced by WB TV as a spinoff for the Riverdale show they make for the CW (funnily enough, the CW is a joint business between Warner and Paramount, so Nick is involved in a way... on Riverdale, but not the actual Sabrina show)
Phew! What a story. Basically, what I mean to say is that while Nick, and its various parent companies, have been involved in Sabrina's history throughout the years, its competitors Disney and WB have had more of an active hand actually making those projects whereas Nick has often been content with showing them. So while Sabrina might be eligible, it's unlikely that the devs have actual access to use the IP without paying to whoever has the gaming rights (either Archie Comics, which is somehow still around, or maybe Warner). So, yeah, she's a third party. I don't think NASB is at a point where they'd use characters Nick doesn't either own outright, make a cartoon they own for, or at least have the exclusive gaming rights to. They probably want to keep costs down and it's not like there's a lack of characters to use. Plus her more famous incarnations are live-action, though her having several animated versions (and originating as a comic book character) puts her in a more interesting situation, since the argument could be made that she can bypass the pesky requirement to pay for an actress' likeness.

Want: abstain
I have never been exposed to any Sabrina media. Maybe I'll change that because it looks right up my alley (mf grew up with Wizards of Waverly Place). But if we have to get one Nick at Nite rep, give me Will Smith (or Carlton) any day.

Noms: Tak
Fanboy and Chummers prediction: 23%
Alternate announcers prediction: 11%

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
aren't the Super Mario Bros. Super Show and Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog on Paramount+ now?
There's also Inspector Gadget on Paramount+

I doubt Mario's gonna get in any time soon though. Unlike Smash, I can unironically say he'd make getting Sora in look like getting Dark Pit in.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Witch Girl

What, exactly, is the rationale here? Sure, her show aired on Nick in certain territories, so she's technically eligible I guess, but that's pretty much where the positives begin and end for Sabrina. She's not popularly requested, she's not owned by Viacom, she's not even known for her appearances on Nick! (She's also most known for her live-action appearances, which is a whole other can of worms.) At that point, if you're gonna pick a syndicated sitcom that aired on Nick @ Nite, you'd be better off going with Home Improvement or Seinfeld or something which... holy **** that's actually a hilarious idea. Please.

Want: Abstain

What?

Fanboy & Chum-Chum Prediction: 15%
These two did place modestly well on that recent fanpoll, but it's hard to say how much of that is due to irony, quite frankly. Add to that that a lot of people would be outright angry with their inclusion, and I don't see them scoring too high.

Alternate Announcers Prediction: 12%
This is something that might happen while they have the VAs in the booth, but they also might not have the time or money to spend on extra fluff. We'll have to see about this one.

Now that alternate announcers are officially on the docket, I'll put my noms into a character I'm genuinely surprised hasn't been rated yet: Jorgen von Strangle.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Sabrina

Chance - 0% - A live action-character from a third party? Either alone is very bad for a character. The two combined make it a complete impossibility to me.

Want - 0% - I don't think I've even watched her show. I don't care about her in any way, and would rather focus on Nicktoons for now.

Predictions

Fanboy and Chum-Chum - 5.34% - While looked at in a better light, overall they're still hated.

Alternate Announcers - 8.45% - No idea on this one.

Nominations

Olmec's Temple X5

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Oh boy. A Live Action Guest Character! Easiest NEGATIVE Scoring ever. This is a negative 69%. I could see it happening… in Multiversus. Also what’s a Sabrina the Teenage Witch? That’s a 0% want score.

I nominated Vicky because moveset wise she could be fun despite being from FOP.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Teenage Witch of the West

Sure the show has a connection to Nick but would the devs even be aware of Sabrina, let alone the fact that it aired on one of the Nick channels? I wouldn't be surprised if not. Even if someone on the dev team was a fan and they were able to avoid paying for likeness through using the comic version of the character, this is a third party character we are talking about and there are much better avenues for the devs to spend their money on.

Want: 1%

I'll give her a pity 1% since she is a witch which is cool but otherwise I've never watched this and I'm not planning on it. if we were to get a live action character I'd hope it would be an iCarly rep.

Predictions
fanboy and chum chum - 9%
alt announcers - 5%

Noms: Krang x5

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Who's a teenage girl living in a haunted mansion?

I'm sure the devs are aware of Sabrina, her reach has to be decently far just on virtue of being an Archie spinoff. But yeah, there's really no reason for her inclusion when there's such a trove of great reps that Nick won't have to pay a dime for.

Want: 30%
I grew up with a few of the original Sabrina comics thanks to Archie compilations. She's actually a really fun character! Sure, her spinoff series is literally just Archie with a spoooky spin, but I think that's part of its charm. Haven't seen the show so I can't speak on that iteration of her. The reboot comics have some great cover art from a quick Google search. More spooky characters alongside Lucy would be cool as well.

Noms: Johnny Knoxville x5

Predictions:
Fanboy & Chum Chum: 8.5%
Announcers: 4%

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Abstaining from Sabrina
FB&CC prediction: 45%
Announcer prediction: 5%
Noms: 1 to Sheen, 1 to Jimmy, 3 to Daggett & Norbert
DAY OVER
Rate Fanboy & Chum Chum, and Concept: alternate announcers, Predict Sheen (from Jimmy Neutron) and also Jimmy Neutron himself.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Alt announcers chance: 7%.
They have the actors in the booth, so they could easily do it - just three issues
  1. Would Nick be OK with the characters taking an announcer role? Would they want Aang directly adressing SpongeBob by name? Even if you look back to the more loose and unshackled Nicktoons Unite games from the 2000s, Toybots had a ton of cut voice lines where the characters talked about each other in the Master Model Chamber.
  2. Would it be seen as derivative of Multiversus? While MVS obviously didn't invent alt announcers, it's also to my knowledge the first platform fighter to have them - in general, stuff that MVS is doing could kinda be a double edged sword, because they risk being seen as derivative, but also could "win back the crowd" so to speak if done right,
  3. Would it even cross Ludosity's mind? This is the biggest factor going against it to me. It's a very specific idea and, while others had this idea for NASB before MVS was even leaked, it was generally for characters like Stick Stickly and Realistic Fish Head who's VAs likely wouldn't be on board already, as opposed to the playable characters MVS went for
Chance rating but awesome: 48%
I believe that if a 2010s rep gets in as DLC, it will be Fanboy & Chum Chum. More likely than a Loud sibling; TUFF agent; Breadwinner; or even a second Korra rep. These two's reputation has shot up in recent years and they're now considered to be almost cult legends. While they aren't exactly the inescapable meme they were in 2020, the fandom does remain strong. I think FB&CC's best advantages over other 2010s reps are:
  1. Seniority: They're just about becoming old enough to be nostalgic, the Louds or even Breadwinners/Harvey don't have that. Korra and TUFF also have that, but Korra is competing with her overshadowing big sibling series; and TUFF - along with most of Butch's work - has been somewhat re-evaluated after the Oaxis scandal, and is probably the one show hit the worst by it.
  2. Memes: Fanboy and Chum Chum are a fountain of memes, but those memes aren't hateful towards the show like Lincoln or the Breadwinners', nor are they particularly inappropriate in nature like TUFF's. This makes it something safe to market into.
  3. Popularity: I don't know if y'all remember this, but Fanboy & Chum Chum's fandom revival was so big after Nicktendo's video that people were actually speculating that Nick may try to do a reboot. While that fame, of course, didn't last, they were EVERYWHERE for a brief few months before memes moved on to Clone High - not just in cartoon discussion, but pretty much all meme communities. The creator of FBCC released an edgy Kyle print for crying out loud! You can still feel the effects of that shift in opinion today, not just for FBCC but also for a lot of random and gross-out-based episodic 2010s shows such as Uncle Grandpa, which have gone from condemned to beloved.
The problems that keep me from ranking FBCC higher are that...
  1. There's still quite a bit of animosity towards the duo
  2. Although they are old enough to be nostalgic now, they aren't exactly nostalgic to people who now have a good enough income to spend it on games freely
  3. While FBCC has been vindicated by history, it's also not dominating the discussion like it was during early covid, and a lot of people may have likely forgotten just how big a deal it was at that point and thus aren't talking about it anymore, even if they did come out of it with a new appreciation.
  4. the 2010s were undeniably a low point for Nicktoons popularity wise, with the Schniederverse taking the attention while the Nicktoons had to rely on either small cast connections to sitcoms or established IPs to get promoted to the Nick audience. FBCC may be popular, but it's also not on the level of even the less popular 2000s and 90s Nicktoons given kids were generally watching CN and it's now-ubiquitous AT/RS/TAWOG lineup if they wanted cartoons and not sitcoms at the time.
  5. Competition with fellow dank CGI meme, Barnyard, which has just barely enough seniority to be counted as 2000s; a feature film debut; (TV shows have an expiry date, once they're off the air they can be hard to find get into, especially for episodic cartoons, feature films are passed down for generations) and a meme prescence that although, it didn't make as sudden or big a splash as FBCC, has certainly stayed in the meme spotlight for a lot longer.
Jimmy prediction: 100%

Not nominating until I find out who wins Sabrina noms

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Alternate Announcers

Chance: 10% -
It could happen, but it's not something fans are begging for. I know there's a decent amount of meme love for Stick Stickly, and he would fit way better as an announcer rather than a playable character. Aside from that, I'm not sure what they would do in this regard. Voice Acting is expensive, so they're more than likely prioritizing voice acting for the characters rather than spending that VA money on a feature nobody's asking for. Plus they probably don't wanna seem derivative of Multiversus, though that's more speculation than anything. Nonetheless, with a limited budget I doubt it's in the cards right now.

Want: 50% - Pretty indifferent. I love the realistic fish head and would love to hear his voice in the game, but if it doesn't happen I'd be fine as well. The default announcer voice is great and I have no complaints towards him, so while it'd be a fun feature it's something I wouldn't be upset about if left out.

Fanboy and ChumChum

Chance: 40% -
There's definitely a legitimate argument to make in their favor, and Wario hit it right on the head! The duo has had a very interesting resurgence of popularity, especially when the pandemic began (though contrarian love towards reviled things seem to be a common theme in the past few years. Just look at what the Sonic fanbase is doing with 06!), and even those who didn't have a genuine opinion change towards the show are still in it for the memes, which is always a huge selling point for the devs. Considering the show was right on the boundary between the 2000's and 2010's it's becoming nostalgic for those who watched it as a kid and it is given seniority over loads of other Nicktoons. Let's not forget their 24th place spot on the recent fan poll! Clearly they're a pretty safe choice, given the huge market they're able to cater to (and despite not being the talk of the town they were in 2020 the poll results show that the love for the duo is still going strong!). Plus Nick clearly still cares about the show, and it's readily available on Paramount+! So they would more than likely approve of their addition if the devs asked.

However, there are also a few things holding them back. Firstly, they're still relatively controversial. As Wario said, there's tons of animosity towards the two of them and I don't see it subsiding any time soon. There could be a lot of hate thrown towards the game for prioritizing them over Jimmy/Timmy/Zuko/Squidward etc. The game already has an image problem of sorts and the devs (who want to see the game grow) wouldn't want to accidentally make it worse. The second is developer bias, the 2010's are by FAR the least-represented era of Nick, and I don't see that changing anytime soon unless Nick Corporate steps in (The Loud House has a lack of popularity among the NASB fanbase, all of the demand for Avatar is for The Last Airbender characters, nobody's really asking for Harvey Beaks/It's Pony/Middlepost Post/Breadwinners, etc). They're from a relatively controversial period in Nick history where sitcoms dominated the network, and grossout lol so random shows were very prevelant. This was also when Adventure Time and Regular Show were hitting their stride, so kids had their eyes on Cartoon Network instead. Even if there's nostalgia towards it now it was loathed in its' time for good reason. Finally, there's just competition. Even if they're top 25 they're still only 24th, and two members of the big four are left standing and likely to fill out the next character pass. While they'll move up with the rising tide the duo only has so much time before that Frosty Freeze melts. There's also the issue of the duo needing to be detached/Ice Climber-like. NASB hasn't done this at all and the development time they would have might not be seen as worth it to Ludosity,

Overall, they're definitely characters you should write off and have great arguments in their favor, but have some important drawbacks that prevent them from becoming top contenders.

Want: 20% - I'm all in for memes and such, and I do think they would have funny movesets, but now is not the time IMO. The game has several heavy hitters waiting to get into the game and already suffers an image problem from some of the more bizzare design choices the game has made. Prioritizing the duo to appeal to meme culture (as that's why I could see the devs choosing them) wouldn't go over well with a lot of people, and may only further turn people off from the game (especially given the show's still sizable hatedom). Alongside that, I just have bigger priorities and have little to no experience with the show, so I don't have much of a reason to push for them.

Nominations:
Jack Fenton xAll

Predictions:
Jimmy Neutron - 95.25% - Most wanted character in the game and his demand hasn't dropped after Hugh's addition, so I can see him getting a score like this! Though we haven't seen Hugh's content yet, so I'm not quite hitting 100% due to some possible skepticism.

Sheen - 26.93% - Despite his memes and fan popularity he still doesn't hold a candle to Jimmy's demand, so I'm not expecting nearly the same scores Jimmy will get. Plus the Planet Sheen baggage may hold him back.

along with most of Butch's work - has been somewhat re-evaluated after the Oaxis scandal, and is probably the one show hit the worst by it.
Though despite this we have 7 Butch Hartman characters in the top 25.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
alternate narrators

chances: 5% i dont see it. i mean why go to the bother? sure its a nice little addition they could do but surely its something better for the base game? even if they are recording all the voices now would they really have the time to record all this extra dialogue? maybe but i just dont see it when by all accounts theyve got more important things theyd rather be working on. obviously i could be completely wrong but you gotta go with your own perspective.

want: 0% nah. its a nice little thing to do, i had tails narrate sonic 2 battle, but its not really anything id actually be bothered one way or the other about. sure if we got it id set it to garfield and swap it for aang every now and then but i wont mind if it never happens.

abstain on the other as this is the first ive heard of them

noms to orson

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ha Ha Funny Show He Got Brain Freeze
Chance: 10%
Fanboy & Chum Chum had a meme revival in early 2020, thanks to Glitch Techs turning out to be from the same creator, and the kids FB&CC was popular with in 2009 now being old enough to do...internet things. However, this is the age where memes are merely the flavor of the month, and it's been many months since FB&CC got memed on. If this game got announced earlier or FB&CC memes happened later, they could potentially have the demand to rival Hugh as THE meme pick. Unfortunately the game didn't even exist when the FB&CC memes happened, so while they may have enough demand to reach the top 25 on QG's poll, it might not be enough since the Universe Pass featured three of THE absolute most demanded characters.

Want: 40%
I gave the show a shot during its meme days, and like The Mighty B, it's fun when it's not gross, but the gross stuff is more common and made more gross by the CG.

Overtime! OVERTIME! Oh-Ver-Time! OVERTIME!
Chance: 5%
A lot of people seem to act like Ludosity having voice acting in the works means they now have an unlimited budget to hire absolutely everyone who's ever voiced someone in a Nicktoon. But come on, Nick's not just gonna magically learn that you can't make games as quickly and cheaply as you could in the PS2 era when the recent Kart Racers games also had the same issue. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if this game's voice acting ends up like Punch Time Explosion, which had Tara Strong and Yuri Lowenthal voice several characters that weren't their usual CN stars. On the other hand, VAs are paid by the hour, so VAs who aren't voicing multiple characters might have some free time...but how are they supposed to handle future DLC?

But only for the Action League Now narrator. I'm not interested in having the fighters be announcers.

Prediction: 95% for Jimmy

Noms: Henry & June X5

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Alternate Announcers

Chance - 10%
-It’s a huge gimmick and could cost a lot of money. I don’t see the developers putting their effort all into that.

Want - 50%
-I wouldn’t mind it but on the other hand I’m happy with one announcer

Fanboy and Chum-Chum
Chance - 20%
-From what I know, this show was not a hit, is rarely acknowledge by Nickelodeon, and is often regarded as one of the worst shows in the history of the station. I think this could be another meme entry like Hugh.
Want - 10%
-Barely watched it when it was on and don’t care about them getting on either way.

Predicting 95% for Jimmy and 10% for Sheen.

Noms: KCA stage x5

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Alternate Announcers

With all the hints and cryptic tweets, it's all but outright stated that VA is coming soon, and while this would be fun, I think the big priority is going to be on getting voices for the characters.
It may be considered derivative of Multiversus like others have said, but it's possible they could get announcer characters like Stick Stickly or Realistic Fish Head, or narrators like the ones from Action League Now or Spongebob's French Narrator.
If we get one and only one playable announcer, I bet you anything it's gonna be Hugh. If we get a playable adjacent announcer, definitely GIR.
Either way, probably not something they've even thought about, at least not until MV did it.

Want: 50%
It'd be fun, I think. It was something I really enjoyed when I played MV, even if I only unlocked Jake's announcer pack.

FanChum and ChumBoy

Chance: 20%

Okay correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of the devs say they wanted Fanboy and Chum Chum but Nick shot it down?
If that's true, then FB and CC are out. Nick has the final say and if they couldn't convince them for the base game, no way they're convincing them for DLC
If that's not true, then I guess the duo has a decent shot. They've seen a more positive reputation in recent times and they made the top 25 (albeit like, in 24th place).
That said, there's still some animosity left over, and even if there wasn't, I kinda doubt either Nick or the devs think these guys would sell as a DLC pick.

Want: 5%
Ehhhh. I've seen the show and it's fine at best. Character designs are fun enough (Fanboy looks like if Sheen were halfway through turning into a pencil) but the characters themselves were very much that "as annoying as possible" kind of humor. Not my bag.

Predictions
Jimmy: 98.5%
Sheen: 35%

Noms
All noms on Daggett Re-Rate.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Fanboy & Chum Chum DVD contains the pilot for Planet Sheen and that should tell you all you need to know about this show.

Chance: 24%
Fanboy and Chum Chum are the main characters of their eponymous show. They're two young wannabe superheroes who... well, they do annoying things that aren't so much comedy as they are what an executive who doesn't understand YouTube thinks kids find funny. Even the show's synopsis on Wikipedia describes them as "annoying" and "irritating". It's one of those shows.

Now, am I reading the posts above correctly? Fanboy & Chum Chum... reevaluated? Did I slip into a parallel reality without realizing it? Because I have never, ever seen anyone claiming to enjoy FBCC unironically. I know recent years have seen people acting like things we had all correctly agreed were bad are suddenly okay (like the Amazing Spider-Man movies, or white supremacy), but Fanboy & Chum Chum just beggars belief. Not saying it ain't true, just slapping a big [citation needed] on it.

How do people feel about the show, to my knowledge? Well, it has garnered an infamous (and, frankly, inaccurate) reputation as perhaps the worst Nicktoon of its time, if not ever. My guess is that it was, for many people, it marks the beginning of the end of Nicktoons quality-wise – looking at the official list of Nicktoons, it's the first one I'd call outright bad, putting aside personal gripes. Plus, for kids from the late 90s and early 2000s, it came out at a time when they were probably growing out of cartoons (aided by Nick - and its competitors - major push for live-action tween sitcoms). For them, Fanboy & Chum Chum might as well be the worst thing Nick put out, since they never stuck around to watch the atrocities that followed, and in fact FBCC might have been the show that convinced them animation was just kiddie **** (not me though; Breadwinners fulfilled that role, and my teenage rebellion against animation lasted from 2014... to 2016, when Zootopia happened). In a way, FBCC became the face of everything wrong with animation in the 2010s - it certainly has a lot of the tropes associated with the era - and that's just a big burden to carry.

Whatever the precise reasoning, the show has a sizeable and passionate hatedom. What is also undeniable is that there's a big appreciation for it, even if it's just for the memetic aspect of how stupid and bad the show is. The internet loves a good dumpster fire. So yes, there are memes, there are ****posts. I'm not sure what the ratio of haters-to-memers is, and there has to be some overlap between the two groups, so we could be looking at a controversial addition. But the support is undeniable, as the duo recently placed 24th on a massive character poll.

One final thing to mention is that the devs tried to get them in for the base game but were refused by Nick (I couldn't find a screenshot of the exact quote, if anyone has it it'd be very appreciated). The devs are unabashed lovers of memes, which no doubt played a role in their attempted inclusion, but Nick refusing them is interesting. Maybe Nick was against adding reps for a show based solely on memes (while it ran for two seasons, it was not a hit, and so it's a far cry from adding a meme character from shows like Ren & Stimpy or Jimmy Neutron). Maybe Frederator's involvement makes them more expensive than Nick is willing to pay. Maybe Rep was just joking and they just didn't push for them that much. We don't know the reason, but I imagine the outpouring of demand helped, hence the high rating.

I hated this show with a passion growing up, and I still hate it with a passion. The voices of the characters are so freaking annoying, the plots (if you can call them that) moronic, the designs ugly.

Which is why I'd love to have the duo in this game so I can beat the everliving crap out of them. Let me get revenge for Kyle. If they have to be synonymous with a dark age of animation, then it's high time we put it to rest... in pieces.

---

The other thing we're rating today

Chance: 1%
I doubt the budget is there to do this. We're talking about a game that launched without voice acting. If (likely when) we get it, it will just be for the fighters. I doubt they have cash to spare to go around paying for deep cuts like Stick Stickly to record all the announcer clips (including future proofing). Especially as it'd have to be a free addition (nobody's paying for announcer voicelines unless it's a huge deal like, idk, Keanu Reeves doing it).

Also at this point it would seem derivative of MultiVersus and while it may not be a concern to the devs, it's certainly not giving them more reasons to do it.

want: abstain
I can take it or leave it tbh. It's cool but I'd rather resources go where they are sorely needed right now

Noms: Tak
Jimmy rerate prediction: 50%
Sheen prediction: 17%

D

Deleted member

Announcers

Chance - 10%
I could see it but it won't be a focus. They may do it if they get the actors in the booth. But they may also feel they're better focusing on other things. Multiversus does this so they may not want to copy them. There's also the issue of VA being expensive, they might just want to get the bare minimum out of it.

Want - 60%
Not something I'm begging for. There are other features I want more. But it could be kinda neat to hear the characters talk over the matches.

NASB but awesome
Chance- 40%
FanBoy and Chum-Chum was a pretty divisive cartoon at the time. It wasn't a huge hit and was hated by the hard-core fans for being gross. It came at a pretty iffy time for Nicktoons. But I feel opinion has turned a little over the last couple years. There was a big meme push for the show during the pandemic, and the audience who grew up with it are older now. The team proablly aren't nostalgic for it, but I'm willing to bet they're aware of it. Hugh shows they're willing to dip into meme picks. But they have some things going against them, namely that duo characters probably take more resources, and thst a lot of that dislike is still there.

Want- 70%
I am stupid and liked this show. It's not very good. But I like dumb weirdos like this. I think they would be a funny addition and genuinely do have some fun moveset potential. Should other characters get in first? Absolutely. But I like these little goobers and would be happy to see them show up eventually.

Noms to Star Trek and Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
This One Doesn't Even Get A Funny Joke Title

Okay, I'm sure there's a sizable amount of non-ironic Fanboy & Chum-Chum fans out there. That poll placing couldn't have ALL been from ironic meme-hype, after all. However, I'm also sure there's a just as sizable, if not more sizable portion of people who are ironically hyping up a show they know is bad (kinda like people are doing to Morbius right now). I'm not gonna split hairs over who the "real" fans are in this scenario, but my point is that the devs have a LOT more people to piss off than please with a FBCC inclusion. The show is mostly seen as annoying, gross, and not very funny in retrospect, even if the memes have elevated it slightly in recent years. Add to that that the devs probably don't have any nostalgia for it and even the network doesn't seem to like it much these days, and I really just don't see much of a chance for this happening. Still, if they keep climbing the ranks, I can maybe see a future for these two annoying brats.

If you couldn't already tell, I'm not a fan of Fanboy & Chum-Chum. Even when the show was first airing, I thought it was grating the few times I caught it on TV. That was when I was 10. I haven't watched it since, and frankly I don't want to. Fanboy and Chum-Chum's voices are both REALLY annoying, and their designs aren't exactly attractive either (what LimeTH LimeTH said about Fanboy looking like Sheen halfway through turning into a pencil encapsulates it better than I ever could - and why is Chum-Chum wearing a diaper?). In truth, the memes surrounding them haven't really endeared the duo to me either. I don't even want them in the game to beat them up, since in my opinion they'd actively be a stain on the roster. Can we not, please?

"ARE YA READY, KIDS??"
Chance: 5%

If this game were being backed by any other company on Earth, I'd probably give this a decent chance of happening since 1.) they're already gonna have the voice actors in the studio and 2.) Multiversus set the precedent for something like this in a platform fighter. Unfortunately, this is Nickelodeon, the company that thinks game dev hasn't progressed since 2005. The devs being at the mercy of their BS whims has led to a lot of unfortunate restrictions and compromises so far, that being why we have to wait on voice acting to begin with. At best, they might get Tom Kenny to record a few lines as Patchy or the French Narrator or something, but getting someone not already involved with the project like Stick Stickly in there is probably an impossibility. Plus, if they did do something like this, they'd have to future-proof potential inclusions like they did for the default announcer, which if they decide to add a character they didn't future-proof for like they did with Hugh, they'd have to get all the voice actors back together just to record a name or two. That's probably not a risk they're willing to take, unfortunately.

Want: 80%

I feel like the only person on Earth who was thinking about this before MVS did it. I think there's a lot of potential for fun announcers from Nick's backlog of characters, such as Painty the Pirate or the Realistic Fish Head from SpongeBob, the Almighty Tallest from Invader Zim, and of course Hugh, whose voice actor is already super on board. It's not that I don't like the current announcer, I think he's fine, but I think this would be a fun way to represent characters who wouldn't otherwise have a shot at being playable. I mean, if we can't get Patchy as a fighter, can I at least get him to say SpongeBob's name on the character select screen? Please?

Jimmy Prediction: 92%
This one's a no-brainer. Jimmy's popularity hasn't waned in the wake of Hugh's announcement, and he's still on top in terms of character speculation. Someone out there may think Hugh's inclusion deconfirms him somehow, but most people consider him a lock at this point in time.

Sheen Prediction: 14%
Sheen's not even as popular as Carl by most metrics, and he's outright despised by some due to the utter flop that is Planet Sheen. For that (and due to Carl garnering similarly low scores), I'm not expecting much here.

Noms to Jorgen

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Fanboy and Chum-Chum

Chance - 5% - People have looked back on this show, and while it's not exactly liked people have at least found some merits to the show. Overall, though, there still is a notable hatedom to this show. They still manage to get semi-decent pollings, but overall I think they're not likely due to how controversial these two are.

Want - 40% - Gross-out humor which this show relies on isn't my forte. I'd rather have some other show.

Announcer Packs

Chance - 10% - While VA is most likely coming, them also doing this is a mystery. Frankly, it's not something that it seems like there's a budget to do. It's too little for too much, in my eyes.

Want - 50% - Could care less. If they do it, cool, but otherwise I don't care.

Predictions

Jimmy Neutron - 97.78% - Should do fairly well...

Sheen - 4.67% - Look at what Planet Sheen has done...

Nominations

Olmec's Temple X5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Fanboy repellent and chum bucket

Chance: 15%

So they do have a somewhat legit chance of happening. Whether or not a large portion of ironic votes went into their placement in that recent poll, there is apparently some people out there that want these characters in the game. And it's gotten a reevaluation? That's a shock, but the key factor to keep in mind is that the meme characters like the dads came from shows that were liked. At least to me it does seem like a risk to incorporate these two characters as some people will legit see it as a slap by the developers.

Now I do want to bring up something that people have mentioned, which is that the devs supposedly deconfirmed them but that's not quite true. They said word for word, "Believe me if we picked characters you would see some picks." That is in response to a tweet asking them just to consider Fanboy and Chum Chum. You could interpret this multiple ways but I don't see it as a deconfirmation. So overall, it comes down to whether or not the devs would try to get these specific joke characters instead of other meme characters which is possible, but I doubt it.

Want: 25%

So believe it or not I actually enjoyed this show when it first came out. Don't ask me how. I didn't think it was great or anything, but it was mildly entertaining. But nowadays, yeah I wonder what I saw in that show. Very few of the characters were likeable and it wasn't funny. Although I did really like the episode that is a parody on the movie The Mist. But in terms of wanting Fanboy and Chum Chum in this game, I would say I wouldn't hate their inclusion as I do have some nostalgia, but at the same time I don't want them to get in over a lot of characters. I don't think they deserve to be in the roster, to be frank.

We got voices today! The magic of RTC timing strikes again

So with voice acting suddenly now a thing, that leaves the door open for alternate announcers. But will they go for it? Eh I'm skeptical. With this game's budget I imagine it must have been expensive to already get all those voice actors. So to add even more voice acting, on top of the headache that is future proofing those voice actors, I don't think the devs would bother.

Want: 80%

I'm not dying to get this feature but if we could get some alternate announcers like the realistic fish from Spongebob that would be very funny and add even more personality to the game. I'm enjoying what they are doing with MultiVersus and I think more games would benefit from alternate announcers.

Noms: Krang x15

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom