• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Ouchies!

Chance: 15%

If we get a Kablam character, they're most likely going to be from Action League Now. If we get an Action League Now character, it's most likely gonna be The Flesh. He's more or less the main character of ALN, which is the only remaining part of Kablam Nick bothers to promote anymore, and I remember they promoted it quite a lot back in the day.
The Flesh has actual moveset potential, and his super strength is often on display unlike Meltman, who is never actually shown using his powers. He'd not only be representing Kablam, but also All That, where the skits began, and Nickelodeon in general since the skits were often shown during commercial breaks.
I think he stands a pretty decent enough shot, BUT...
He may be Super Strong, but he's also Super Naked, which could put the rating in danger of being raised. The guy is a Ken Doll in terms of his private sector, but for some, that might still be pushing it. I don't really know for sure since he's very obviously an action figure, and they could easily animate him hobbling around instead of actually moving to help get away with it. I think if they play their cards correctly in how they portray, render and animate The Flesh, they could easily make his comical nudity just that, comical.

Want: 50%
I'm really dying for a truly off the wall WTF pick. The Flesh, or anyone from ALN for that matter, would fit that bill perfectly.

However, if they DO put The Flesh in, I want him to move as little as possible, to preserve the joke of him being a toy that's just being wiggled around in front of a camera. They can have some stop motion style movements (which of course has to be done in very few frames!), but it'd be way funnier if he barely moved, like Steve in Smash.
Instead of walking/running, he wobbles around in a vague walking movement. If he needs to hold something, his arm swivels up like it's on a joint. When he swings around a huge tool, he needs to look like he's just being turned around, like he does in the show.
If he moves around like a normal person, then it's not The Flesh anymore and the joke is ruined.
The prospect of them doing something like this is so hilarious to think about that it really shot The Flesh's rating up for me.

Hell you know what would be really funny? If his character portrait was a really high quality photograph of one of the original The Flesh figures used for the show instead of a 3D render. Really milk that this guy is an action figure as much as possible for the full effect.

Noms
3x Tommy Pickles
2x Norbert Beaver

Josh and Parker prediction: 12%

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
He-Man!!

Abstain. I don't have the energy to do a writeup right now, plus Action League Now actually has a few more merits than I originally thought, which makes it difficult for me to pinpoint a score. That, and I'm not sure how his lack of clothes would impact his chances. It may not be a big deal, or they may even have to make him put on slightly more clothes. It's hard to tell.

Prediction: Josh and Parker - 5%
I'm honestly surprised at how high some of the predictions are.

Noms: Krang (TMNT) x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
The Flesh

Chance - 7.5% - I don't think his nudity would be an issue, given how mild and doll-like he is. However, there seem to be an overall lack of enthusiasm for him. DLC is the time for heavy hitters, and I don't think that he quite reaches the level of fame necessary to be likely. However, the series he is in is notable and he would probably end up the one picked. I can envision a world where Ludocity has fun enough making a move set to the point where he makes it in, but otherwise I just don't think he has what it takes.

Want - 60% - He's cool. I remember watching some of the show, and I remember enjoying what I watched, but I can't exactly recall any details. He's okay, but not something I'm over the moon for or anything.

Predictions

Josh and Parker - 2.84% - Mr. Meaty isn't that well regarded...

Nominations

Olmec's Temple X5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

alright, i'll stop with the nuclear throne references
The Flesh
Chance: 10%

Action League Now's apparently been treated relatively well by the network, which is news to me, so if we're to get a KaBlam rep at all, it'll probably be from that. If ALN does get a rep, it'll almost certainly be this guy, being the obvious choice as the leader and stock "tough guy" of every superhero group. Him being naked could be an issue, but considering the dude has no visible junk, it might be fine as long as they very obviously model and animate him like a toy. (Still, who knows, the ESRB can be pretty weird about that stuff.) The real thing holding him back, though, is the likelihood of KaBlam or any of its shorts getting any rep in the first place. Now that Rocko's officially on the docket, the only noteworthy 90's Nicktoons left (bar Doug, RIP) are Angry Beavers, KaBlam, and technically Rocket Power kind of. Of those, Angry Beavers is easily the frontrunner in terms of relevancy and popularity, so if we get a 90's character in a future pass like we did with Rocko, it's probably gonna be from there. KaBlam's a lot more obscure by comparison and isn't super highly demanded, so it's an uphill battle for it or Action League Now specifically to get any representation at all. Still, we could have a few sleeper KaBlam fans on the dev team, and someone like The Flesh would make a great "WTF" pick if they wanted to surprise people again - which in a post-Hugh world I think would definitely be wise to expect.

Want: Abstain

Haven't seen Action League Now and this dude kinda just looks like a buff guy. Though I will say the idea of him being animated in "chuckimation" like in the show is pretty priceless to me.

Josh and Parker Prediction: 3.6%
People don't really talk about Mr. Meaty anymore, other than when they randomly remember it and are like "bro, remember Mr. Meaty?" and then they bring up the episode with the tapeworm or the one where Parker eats the Impossible Whopper® and turns into a girl or something. Look, it's been a while, my memory's a little hazy. Point is, people aren't really asking for this right now, and considering how weird and remote Mr. Meaty is, I don't think I blame them.

Seeing as I'm sitting on a metric ****ton of noms, I'll go ahead and put 100 of them into a rerate for Jimmy Neutron, since it seems topical and I think we can all agree things have changed for him in the wake of Hugh's announcement. With the rest, I'll put them into a new concept: alternate announcers.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
kill it with fire

Chance: 4%

Ok so why did I nominate this? Honestly I think I just wanted to rant about it because of how much it disturbed me as a kid. But let's be objective for a second. Does Mr Meaty have any merits? Well it ran for two seasons...and um that's it. The show got decent reviews but nothing special and it's not brought up a lot, nor is it requested. The one thing I can say is that the premise of the show does lend to interesting moveset potential.

Want: 0%

Before I get to the rant, I want to acknowledge that yes, there are some Mr. Meaty fans out there. If you enjoy the show, that's all fine and dandy. If Josh and Parker make it in, good for you.

With that said, ***** this show. This is some unholy ***** right here. The puppets are ugly as sin imo and freaked me out as a kid. What were they thinking? And btw **** that nasty tapeworm episode. I didn't enjoy the story or humor at all, as the show as a whole is so unappealing and disturbing. Whenever I see a clip from this show it gives me Vietnam flashbacks. Please may the devs avoid this IP as its extremely cursed.

Noms: Krang x10

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Josh and Parker

Chance: 10% -
This iconic, duo, sadly, has a lot of hurdles to overcome. Mr. Meaty, while know, wasn't a huge hit in its' time and the surreal (and often horrifying) humor and aesthetics were likely offputting to a lot of people (yet this was the same audience that loved Invader Zim?). So the show was always on the more niche side despite getting well-advertised new episode premieres (in fact, Nick promoted it pretty heavily during its' relatively short run, with behind the scenes commercials and everything!). The two also aren't the most requested, in fact I rarely see them get talked about. Though once we get all of the big lynchpin Nicktoons in I can see it getting some revisiting as niche Nicktoons move to the forefront.

Despite the lack of demand, the show HAS become a cult classic in recent years, so there's an audience for them, and their moveset potential is surprisingly high! Just imagine them attacking with food! and they're puppets, so there's a super easy reference to use for making 3D models of them.

I'm not really expecting them this game, but they do have a slim but still valid shot!

Want: 60% - When I was younger, I oddly liked this show despite how much it could scare me at times. Josh and Parker themselves were a very funny duo, and Sconchborough Mall had a surprising amount of colorful and fun characters! Honestly, even with all of the horror the show has, there's a lost of fun and wacky things in the show that would make for fantastic move ideas! Sconchborough Mall would also be a super fun environment for a stage, and the potential for character cameos is endless! Plus, something I really appreciate about the show is that, despite it being rare in Nicktoons, they gave the show a conclusive and very positive finale that ties up all of the loose ends! How about that! While I have bigger priorities at the moment I wouldn't mind these two at all if they got in! Seeing those two in their "Back Bacon Boys" suits doing the Dolphin dance for their victory animation would be so ****ing funny!

Nominations:
Mr. X x10

Predictions:
Miko - 27.36% - A really difficult call on this one. It's got a niche following but I'm expecting a ton of overrates. But at the same time it never aired on the main channel (or even Nicktoons, it was Netflix only with little fanfare), so that (along with competition with High Five) makes me think she'll get a lot of super low scores as well. Super difficult to tell!

that nasty tapeworm episode.
I'm with you on that one, that episode scared me as a kid!

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Abstaining from this one. Never watched Mr. Meaty, don't know anything about it or how much of a chance or demand there is for it.

Noms to Tommy

Miko: 10%

yet this was the same audience that loved Invader Zim?
Invader ZIM wasn't a purely grossout comedy. It had elements of sci-fi and horror, as well as a very cinematic method of composing it's scenes that made it stand out.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Abstaining from this one. Never watched Mr. Meaty, don't know anything about it or how much of a chance or demand there is for it.

Noms to Tommy

Invader ZIM wasn't a purely grossout comedy. It had elements of sci-fi and horror, as well as a very cinematic method of composing it's scenes that made it stand out.
Mr. Meaty had plenty of surreal horror itself, just look up "Suburb of the Apes", or the episode where Parker is nearly killed by a cannibal cult.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Drake Parker and Josh Nichols

Well these two definitely fall into the question of whether live action characters are allowed. They certainly stand at the front of the line--

What? ...Not the right Josh and Parker? Huh, OK, let me look them up--

OH GOD NOT THEM

Real chance: abstain
I had mercifully forgotten about the existence of this show. Some self-defense mechanism in my psyche, most likely. Therefore I am unaware (and unwilling to research) of any information about its origins, when it was aired, or whether it was - or is - popular. I'd imagine not, but the world is an evil place. Hopefully there's no demand and the devs don't care, but learning this would probably require me seeing more pictures of these two, and nuh uh. If you gaze upon things eldritch and are lucky enough to forget about them, you don't go on to open the Necronomicon; you burn it and leave.

Want: 0%
I am not exaggerating when I say this show traumatized me as a kid. It's in the hall of dishonor of things I don't even want mentioned. That **** belongs on Shudder, not Nick. Keep this hell away from me please.

Noms: Snap
Miko prediction: 18%

Baysha

Smash Ace
Chance: 1%
Yeah, I'm not seeing it. They have basically 0 nostalgic power and their designs are so ugly that they can't even appeal to people who don't know them. Their one major claim to fame these days is that one tapeworm episode. And even then, most people probably know of that as a number in a "top 10 most disgusting kids show episodes" list. They could maybe have made it in base game, but not now as DLC. I'd say their most likely role is one of the "picks" when Rep said "if we didn't have any restrictions you would've seen some PICKS."

Want: 67%
However, I honestly kinda like them. I have never seen a full episode of Mr. Meaty but something about their designs just speaks to me. Plus their jobs as fry-cooks could make for a fun moveset. We already have a fry-cook in the game with Spongebob, but that's just one aspect of his character. Being a rep for puppet shows also is a pretty big plus. They have a near-zero chance, but I seriously think they'd be a fun pick.

Noms to Concept: Final Smash equivalent.

Miko Prediction: 15.23%

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
All god-tiers, fresh off the grill
Chance: 1%.
Mr. Meaty probably was one of Nick's most grossest Nicktoons, not because the characters get into grosser situations than any other Nicktoon characters, but because the characters themselves look grotesque while getting into their gross, surreal etc. situations. But to be honest, I don't think anyone being put off by ugly fast-food workers dealing with a tapeworm is the sole factor keeping the Mr. Meaty boys out of NASB. Rather, it's that...the show isn't fully owned by Paramount anyway. It was always a co-production between Nick and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, so if you're somehow a diehard Mr. Meaty fanboy and you're disappointed by the lack of Josh and Parker in the roster...

To be honest, I didn't think it was that bad. Mostly because around that time I was getting into Newgrounds where I'd see worse things than Mr. Meaty anyway, and if Wikipedia has anything to say it was meant for teenagers which I was just about to be when the show started airing. (At the same time, if it was meant for teenagers, why have those shorts air between SpongeBob and other shows meant for a younger audience than that?)

Noms: Snap X5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Drake Parker and Josh Nichols

Well these two definitely fall into the question of whether live action characters are allowed. They certainly stand at the front of the line--

What? ...Not the right Josh and Parker? Huh, OK, let me look them up--
oi, thats my bit

D

Deleted member

Meaty
Chance- 2%
Mr. Meaty isn't exactly fondly remembered. It's mostly known for being pretty gross out and for appearing on a thousand "creepiest kids show" youtube list videos. I guess there could be some meme value, but it feels like even that is a few years out of date now. But the biggest notch against it is that the show isn't fully Nick owned.

Want - 15%
I have some memories of watching this show. But honestly I don't find it nearly as off putting ad everyone else. Maybe it's a childhood spent on newgrounds and youtube (ask my therapist) and maybe it would have scared me more as a kid but I don't find them that disgusting. There's probably a gross out moveset that can be developed for them. There's just not a character I'm pushing for.

Noms to Casey Jones

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Josh & Parker

Chance - 2.5% - Overall, they're remembered, but that's about it. Mr. Meaty has a major problem in that it was way too heavy on the gross-out/shock humor, leading to it being not well received. Most people aren't clamoring for it, and the devs aren't likely fans. I don't see why outside of WTF factor.

Want - 25% - Ugh, no. I couldn't stomach this series.

Predictions

Miko - 15.64% - Decent score for a recent series.

Nominations

Olmec's Temple X5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
"Good Morning, Trainee"
Chance: 2%

Not much to say that others here haven't already said. Mr. Meaty as a show isn't super fondly remembered these days, and on the rare chance that it is brought up in any context, it's always for how weird and/or disturbing it was (and not in a way people found endearing like Ren & Stimpy and Invader Zim before it). As such, the demand for these guys to show up in this game is hardly there, even ironically. It wasn't particularly successful either, only getting 20 episodes and being shunted off to the primetime graveyard known as the Nicktoons Network halfway through its run. This is all on top of the fact that they apparently aren't even fully owned by Nick, which I wasn't aware of. That doesn't make them impossible by any means, but it's enough to bump my score down a bit from the 5% I originally had in mind.

Want: 30%

I didn't watch a whole lot of this show as a kid (to be fair, I was DEFINITELY too young for it), but I do remember seeing commercials for it all the time between shows and thinking it looked weird, but not outright repulsive. To an extent, I gotta respect this show for having the cajones to be as overtly weird and freaky as it was (I was one of the weirdos who watched Flapjack when it was on, which might explain a little). I also do think it'd be KINDA funny to see these two jerkily-animated puppets show up in the game somehow - I'm sorry, but Parker specifically looks really, REALLY funny to me and I can't explain why. Still, I don't love the show and I recognize that a lot of people would be put off by their inclusions, so I'm not actively pulling for them or anything. (Also, I'm pretty sure the tapeworm episode made me deathly afraid of eating food off the floor as a kid, so thanks Mr. Meaty for the valuable lesson.)

Miko Prediction: 8%
Glitch Techs has its fans, but most people recognize it for how bad it got screwed over by the network frame 1. Harvey's in a similar boat and he scored super low on his day, so I'm expecting similar numbers here.

Noms to Concept: Alternate announcers

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Miko

This one's a bit tough. She has a lot of fan demand backing her up and the devs could push for her, but Nick could push against her.
Glitch Tech is very popular and well received. It never technically aired on any Nick channel, instead being Netflix exclusive, but the 1980's TMNT never aired on any Nickelodeon channel either and here they are, so that might not be a huge deal in the end.
I definitely think Miko would happen over High-Five by virtue of being the most popular with fans of the show, and also a pretty girl for the hornyass internet to rally behind, which means out of everyone, she's talked about the most. She's got the moveset potential, she's got the demand, she just needs the higher up approval, and given the way Nick treats the show, that might be a bit of an uphill battle.

Want: 35%
I've never seen Glitch Techs because I lack a Netflix account, but the show looks fun, I like the art style and Miko's character design. Plus it'd be some seriously needed modern representation.

Mr X prediction: 5%

Noms to Tommy.

D

Deleted member

Chance- 20%
Glitch Techs seems to have a bit of a fanbase. I often hear this gal mentioned in the context of wanted characters for this game. Problem is that the show doesn't air on Nickelodeon. Production troubles made them dump it on Netflix, where it did seem to do pretty okay. The show has had two seasons, with a third apparently planned out but there has been no news since 2020. And with the shoddy way Netflix treats their cartoons who knows if we'll ever get more? Her show wasn't murdered in the same way as Harvey Beeks, but it's still a weird solution. Its possible she gets in if the team decdide she'd be a good addition. But would such a new show be on their radar? Maybe if fan requests pick up. While not on the level of a Jimmy or a Timmy, I do see her come up in fan wishlists. She's probably the most likely non Loud House non acquired IP pick if they do want to go for a character from the 2010s
Want - 25%

I was gonna abstain since I know nothing about her show. But she's got a neat design and her moveset potential seems promising. Working in the video game-y ness of her show could make for a fun moveset. I'm actually a little interested in this show. Not a most wanted but if she showed up I'd be like "neat!"

noms to Casey

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Me_KO'd by Nick before release
Chance: 10%
Glitch Techs is probably the closest we've gotten to a screwed-over 2010's Nicktoon gaining an Invader Zim-tier cult following, thanks to being on a streaming service everyone...used to have, and that following indeed wants GT representation. Unfortunately, the Netflix exclusivity was not to make it a "special" Nicktoon or something like that, but Nick's measure of preemptively screwing the show over, as they didn't feel like changing Nick or even Nicktoons' schedule to accommodate the show. And not only did they send it to Netflix to screw it over, they only released half of its episodes at once, with the "second season" being the second half of the first one. To be fair, Zim is a show that Nick treats as if it was never canceled, but even that didn't immediately happen until they realized there were enough fans willing to eat up DVDs of the complete series. I think we'll have to wait and see if GT turns out like Zim, in that Nick thinks its fanbase is worth constantly pandering to without actually giving it a second season.

Want: 25%
Could be fun, but I gave the show a shot one random night and I...thought the gaming jokes were a bit too cheesy. Maybe I need to actually get to, well, its so-called """""second""""" season.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Miko

Chance: 5% -
While Glitch Techs does have some fan demand, along with a supposedly developing Zim-esque cult status, it has yet to reach the same level of recognizably or prominence. First, we have loads of other big fan requests to get through that were all more in demand and significant to Nickelodeon's history (neither Miko nor Five are anywhere near the top 20 on most polls, even if you seem them somewhat often on fan rosters. The show was exclusive to Netflix, and while more people stream than do cable nowadays, it wasn't because Nick thout the show would be more successful on streaming. It was because they didn't want to make room for it on Nickelodeon OR on Nicktoons (even other famously screwed shows like Making Fiends at least got to be on TV, though that was before streaming was big admittingly). They converted the second half of Season 1 into a "Season 2", all of this was out of a lack of care for the show, and let's not even get into the general lack of marketing (beyond them taking advantage of Miko's popularity before the series premiered). She isn't cared about by the network, she's drowned out by LOADS of bigger requests, she's a 2010's show in a 90's-biased development team and a 2000's-desiring fanbase. Furthermore, while she has waifu popularity, that isn't nearly as helpful as it would be in Smash since they're catering to an almost completely western audience). Maybe an entry or two down the line if the show gains Zim levels of cult status and Nick gives it a second look then maybe. But for this game I'm really not seeing it.

Want: 5% - Now, I do appreciate the research that went into Glitch Techs, and I'm sure she's a pretty good character in the actual show. But I just have little desire to see her join the roster. First, bigger priorities, I have no connection to the show and there's loads of 2000's characters on my wishlist (and if we get more 2010's I wanna see more Loud House or a Dreamworks rep). Furthermore, while she has a cute design, I'm gonna be blunt: so much of Miko's popularity comes from waifu appeal and R34. In some ways she feels almost....manufactured (though it likely wasn't intentional). Technicolor-haired great at games cute and energetic Japanese girl with a very go-getter personality. Totally not something Japan itself hasn't already worn out the welcome of. There's also the matter of fact that the show is just too NEW, we haven't seen the legacy or longevity it will have, and prioritizing it over bigger and more lynchpin shows (especially when shows like Fairly OddParents aren't even in yet) just feels wrong. I'd say the same thing about shows like Middlemost Post and Its' Pony as well. and even before that, I was saying this about characters like Zagreus back in the Smash days. If Glitch Techs reaches Zim levels then I can definitely see the reason to add Miko or Five in a future entry. But right now? I just have no reason to want Miko to join the roster.

Nominations:
Jack Fenton x10

Predictions:
Mr X. - 4.38% - The X's is super difficult to access these days so there isn't much demand for him. Though he has Kronk's voice so that will help a bit in terms of meme power.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Gamer gf

Chance: 33%
Glitch Techs is basically the second show that comes to mind when you think of 2010s Nick, after Loud House. Now that doesn't mean it's a runaway success, since it's operating in an era in which Nick was heavily pivoting to its now infamous strategy of prioritizing existing (past their prime) shows and screwing over anything new. Still, it's worth looking at why Glitch Techs stands out from the pack.

Glitch Techs... was never actually aired on Nick. It was made by them, branded as a Nicktoon, for Netflix. On one hand, this is yet another example of Nick not caring to put in the effort required to get a show to hit. On the other, it arguably put the show on more screens and gave it more of a shot to find an audience (whether Netflix's trash discoverability makes it a net positive or negative in terms of visibility is a whole new question I'm not getting into, but at the end of the day, kids and animation fans alike are on streaming, not TV). Murky streaming viewership makes it hard to tell to what degree the show succeeded; its second season was really just the second half of season one, and the promised third season never came. Netflix's recent, uh, let's call them "animation woes" make its future more interesting, since they seem to be prioritizing licensed out stuff (like Glitch Techs!) over in-house. But, yeah, that's the gist of it. It's not your usual case of Nick dumping a show.

What's also unusual: the fanbase. This show has a strong fanbase. It's apparently really good! I mean, I haven't seen it, but people say it is. Loudly. I've heard tons of praise about it, which is not something that can be said for most Nicktoons post... TMNT 2012? Netflix houses a sizeable audience for adult and adult-friendly animation. This likely helped Glitch Techs to connect with the kind of Nick fans that don't watch Nick itself anymore, which explains why the show has managed to carve itself a spot in the Hall of Cult Shows alongside Zim or El Tigre; it's likely not Gen Z kids rallying behind it, but rather the same 90s and 2000s kids, now grown, getting their cartoon fill in a different place. And all of this has translated to support for this very game. Miko is usually the only modern character to show up on fan polls (Legend of Korra characters too, but I count that as an old IP), with Five occasionally showing up. While not chart-topping, that could change now that Jenny and Rocko are in and Jimmy's inclusion is in question, leaving a popularity vacuum waiting to be filled. Will a Glitch Techs rep fill it? Nobody knows, but it's a good candidate.

Still, this day isn't Concept: Glitch Techs rep, so let's talk about Miko specifically. I think it's 100% guaranteed that if the show were to get a fighter, she'd be chosen. She's undisputed as the most popular of the two protagonists, and probably the most popular character in the show period. Why is that? Probably a mixture of her fun personality, cool design, and her being a female protagonist (not the most common in cartoons, and definitely an oddity where NASB is concerned). Also, can't ignore the internet being horny, that's never not a factor. With all of those factors I doubt poor Five stands a chance.

So in conclusion, I think she has a pretty good chance to make it in. Nick doesn't care about her show but that swings both ways and they clearly don't give much of a **** about what happens in NASB. As for the devs, 90s kids as they are, they clearly care about repping all of Nick (so a 2010s rep is something they're probably considering) and about fan demands (something Miko is!) I also disagree that people are demanding 2000s characters as a blanket term? In that, many popular characters are from that decade, but so are many unpopular characters, so I don't think, say, Tak, is more likely just because "people want 2000s characters". Especially because, as I said, Glitch Techs' fandom appears to be more on the older side of the spectrum.

Want: 100%
I'm all for representing the breadth of Nicktoons out there! Plus this show looks like fun, I'd like to check it out someday. Would have loved to have a good, gaming-centric show when I was growing up (by the way, kudos to society for accepting that human beings can have gaming as a perfectly valid hobby. Took a while) and it also sounds like a cool concept for a moveset. So, yeah! See no reason not to have her.

Noms: Snap
Mr X prediction: 7%

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Double abstain on this one. I usually don't like to cop out like this, but I genuinely know next to nothing about this show or this character (other than that people are apparently super horny for her despite being a teenager, which... oh dear), thus I can't comment.

Mr. X Prediction: 6.24%
Dunno who this is either, nor have I seen or heard of this show, so tomorrow's probably gonna be another abstain from me.

Noms to Concept: Alternate announcers

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Glitch in the Matrix Game

I can see her happening but it's hard to tell where she is in terms of the grand scheme of things. What I mean by that is she has a weird dichotomy going on between factors that are in her favor and factors that go against those factors. LIke the fact that her show is on Netflix, which means she appeals to a different audience that doesn't watch Nick or Paramount+, but that means that she loses out on some support from the Nick fanbase that doesn't have Netflix. Her show got two seasons....which is actually just the first season cut into two. And the next season hasn't been announced yet. So I think this will be a case of "Will the devs try to get another newer show on board?" It's true that NASB mostly appeals to the 90s and 2000s kids so Miko will have to rely on demand that is steady and growing. A positive is that Glitch Techs is perhaps one of Nick's more popular recent shows so if the devs tried to go for something outside of another Loud House rep, we could see Glitch Tech get a rep. Overall, her chances are up in the air. The first wave of DLC has two 2000s characters and one 90s character, so we'll have to wait and see if the second wave continues that trend or brings in more modern stuff.

Don't have Netflix so I've never seen this show. But I'm open to it as the premise could lead to a very cool stage and moveset.

Prediction - Mr X - 6% (One of the many 2000s shows that only got one season...yeah I can see it getting low scores)

Noms: Krang x10

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Miko

Chance - 15% - Miko's a bit hard to ascertain. Due to essentially being pushed off into Netflix, she's got a unique situation where she has more eyes on her, but not that of the "core" Nicktoons. In addition, she's way more recent compared to many other shows; The Loud House is half a decade old at this point, while Glitch Techs is just 2, and we have no idea how the series is doing. Supposedly, the team that was behind the show was disbanded, but the show itself was never officially canceled. Still, she's probably the most popular of the more modern Nicktoons, and she's the clear frontrunner, so she has a decent shot.

Want - 60% - Eh, why not? I'd at least like some variety in eras, and she's as good as any.

Predictions

Mr. X - 0.24% - I don't think he'd be chosen even if The Xs got a character.

Nominations

Olmec's Temple X5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom