• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Splaat: 4%
Splaat is not a Nickelodeon property, he is a mascot for a company separate from Viacom - that puts him down quite a bit - but I'm going to pretend he isn't for a bit since I think a lot of the arguments against him here are ignoring something: Splaat is popular as **** with kids. Videos where his logo is edited into wacky effects get double-digit-millions of views and thousands of nonsensical comments, a search by "Newest first" for "Klasky Csupo" will show new edits every second, and Klasky Csupo know about and support this. If you wanted a pick for the core Nick audience instead of nostalgic adults, this is - ironically for a piece of 90s nostalgia - probably one of the best picks. That being said... as I've said before, a guest is a guest, and plus NASB isn't really shooting for Nick's core audience as much as adults.

Want: 68%
I think it'd be a fun pick! Not dying for him, even over other logo/historical picks, but I think it'd be a fun character inclusion and nice to get something in for the younger fans. I can certainly see them playing into the "wacky Sony Vegas effects" angle, given that his new logo for the Rugrats reboot seems to go for that, which would be a fun way to design a moveset

All noms for Horrid Henry

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

THE LEADERBOARD + HALL OF FAME
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Splaat
Chance: 3%
Want: 31%

Winner is Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario with 2%! You get 30 Extra noms!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DaUsername: 502
Baysha: 10
Darkonedagger: 140
Ze Diglett: 55
Wario Wario Wario: 30
--------------------------

Horrid Henry x70
Swiper x63
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x63
Stu Pickles x61
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Edgar and Ellen x60
Concept: Camp Koral and/or Patrick Show representation x60
Concept: Cel-shaded graphics in NASB 2 x60
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x60
Gnorm Gnat x59
Concept: Expanded Training Mode x56
Dennis the Bounty Hunter x56
Ickis x55
Ebenezer T. Squint x55
Phoebe Heyerdahl x55
Terrytoons representation x51
Concept: Promotional pick x50
Asami Sato x45
Phoebe Heyerdahl x55
Concept: DLC Clone Characters x45
Nancy Drew x45
Concept: Glitch Techs Rep x35
Johnny Knoxville x35
Lester "The Cheese" Roquefort x30
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Mork (Mork and Mindy) x25
Bloom (Winx Club) (Rerate) x25
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
Concept: Non-80's TMNT representation x15
David the Gnome x15
Monkey (Monkey Quest) x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Middle School Moguls rep x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Nosferatu (SpongeBob) x10
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Ape Escape Monkeys x5
Rabbids x5

DAY OVER

Rate Cousin Skeeter

Predict Concept: Disney Representation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cousin Skeeter

Chance: 5% -
Skeeter's in an extremely interesting situation. While he's through and through a live action character, he has a big advantage over the rest of Nick's sitcom crowd: He's a puppet! Not only does this make him cartoony (and thus easy to translate into the game's artstyle without looking weird), but he doesn't bear the likeness of a real-life actor or celebrity, which means his inclusion won't result in any potential controversies. Nick owns him, so he'd be super easy to get as well! Alongside that, the devs love their 90's, and if you've seen his show you know how much goofy ad crazy stuff he does, lending himself well to a moveset! His only real issues are his lack of fan demand and lack of promotion by Nick these days. Still, a possibility to not count out!

Want: 60% - While I wanna see more 2000's rather than more 90's, Skeeter would be a hilarious rep and a great way to represent Nickelodeon's Live Action sitcoms! He's a goofy cartoony puppet that has a lot of personality, and the crazy things he does in his show would make for an extremely fun moveset! My friends and I have also been joking about him a ton lately, so bonus points there! I saw plenty of Cousin Skeeter as a kid, and while it wasn't all all-time favorite, it was still a very fun and memorable part of my childhood.

Nominations:
Rabbids x10

Predictions:
Disney Representation - 0.25% - Only because of Doug, and even then, Disney being a direct competitor to Nickelodeon doesn't inspire much confidence.

The Less Cool Skeeter
Chance: 10%
I wouldn't just say he has no shot because he comes from a sitcom. They found a way to basically divorce Reptar from the Rugrats franchise in terms of the NASB roster. Furthermore, he's treated as "one of the guys" in his show, despite being made of felt and looking like he belongs on Muppets Tonight. Still, the general apathy from the fans and the network doesn't vote much confidence.

Want: Abstain
I haven't seen the show at all, so I'm not certain if I would want the guy. But I'm willing to root for others who do want him in the game.

Prediction:
Disney representation - 1%
At least it's not a fraction, and Disney doesn't have its own platform fighter (yet), so getting the likes of Doug, or even Marinette Dupain-Cheng, is a slim possibility.

pikachu9999

Banned via Warnings
So we've gone this whole thread without talking about Tak?

Not only should Tak have made his return with All-Star Brawl, he's an actual video game character (his games were first and then the cartoon), giving him a shot at Smash.

So we've gone this whole thread without talking about Tak?

Not only should Tak have made his return with All-Star Brawl, he's an actual video game character (his games were first and then the cartoon), giving him a shot at Smash.
Shoot. At least you can nominate him if we have gone this far with such an obvious exclusion.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

THE LEADERBOARD + HALL OF FAME
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cousin Skeeter
Chance: 7.5%
Want: 60%

Winners are both DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire and M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye with 5% and 10% respectively! We both get 10 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DaUsername: 502
Baysha: 10
Darkonedagger: 140
Ze Diglett: 55
DrifloonEmpire: 10
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 10
--------------------------

Horrid Henry x70
Swiper x63
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x63
Stu Pickles x61
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Edgar and Ellen x60
Concept: Camp Koral and/or Patrick Show representation x60
Concept: Cel-shaded graphics in NASB 2 x60
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x60
Concept: Expanded Training Mode x56
Dennis the Bounty Hunter x56
Ickis x55
Ebenezer T. Squint x55
Phoebe Heyerdahl x55
Terrytoons representation x51
Concept: Promotional pick x50
Asami Sato x45
Phoebe Heyerdahl x55
Concept: DLC Clone Characters x45
Nancy Drew x45
Concept: Glitch Techs Rep x35
Johnny Knoxville x35
Lester "The Cheese" Roquefort x30
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Mork (Mork and Mindy) x25
Bloom (Winx Club) (Rerate) x25
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
Concept: Non-80's TMNT representation x15
David the Gnome x15
Monkey (Monkey Quest) x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Middle School Moguls rep x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Rabbids x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Nosferatu (SpongeBob) x10
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Ape Escape Monkeys x5

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: Disney Representation

Predict Gnorm Gnat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disney Representation

Chance: 0.01% -
Unless we have a miracle happen I don't see this happening at all. While I can see the devs attempting to go for Doug, and Disney doesn't have its' own platform fighter to de-incentivize cooperation, there's just too much going against it. Unlike Nintendo, Nick and Disney are direct competitors, and with how Disney is I cannot see them collaborating. This IS The Mouse after all! Furthermore, even if they were willing to play ball, the game's budget wouldn't allow for such a deal, even if someone less expensive like Doug were chosen. Way too much needs to line up to make this possible.

Want: 20% - Only for Doug, since I actually do have plenty of fond memories of him as a kid (and alongside that, he could bring Mr. Dink!). He's an extremely important part of Nick history and certainly deserves to be here. But aside from that, while Mickey Mouse would be kinda cool we need to focus on Nick characters, especially since we have so many Nick superstars yet to join the roster. And absolutely no way am I interested in Timmy getting shafted in favor of Luz or Anne Boonchuy...

Nominations:
Rabbids x20

Predictions:
Gnorm Gnat - 0.14% - Nick has shown so far that, despite acquiring PAWS Inc, they're only giving attention to the Garfield brand, which is what really hurt Orson. Gnorm's even more obscure, being a failed comic strip that lasted two years, and as far as I can tell doesn't seem to be Nick's property.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
...Are we running out of things to rate the chances of?
Chance: 0%.
Because this should be really obvious. The game's name gatekeeps everyone Disney owns except Doug characters, and even though Thaddeus says the game's name shouldn't be taken that seriously, their budget and Nick's restrictions makes Hugh seem like the closest it's ever going to get to having someone who isn't a Nickelodeon all-star in any way, shape or form. And he's still a prominent side character from one of the most popular Nicktoons from the 2000's.

Hell I remember people making a fuss over the Paramount characters not being credited to Paramount in the recent Chip 'N Dale movie. You think Paramount and Disney would want to cooperate after that?

Want: 0%
For the past several years I've made damn sure I haven't given a single cent to Disney, the sole exception being FP2 for Smash because I thought it wouldn't add Sora anyway. Of course I'm not gonna want this.

Disney representation
Chance: 0%
I only rated this because I'm a Disney animation fan. But even I know how unlikely this is, even for Doug.

Want: 90%
I'm docking a tenth of the want score off for having too many choices to choose from. Not just Doug, but some of Disney's best cartoons (Phineas and Ferb, The Proud Family, Recess, etc.) were pitched to Nickelodeon. However, if this actually happens, I would flip a table.

Also, it IS hilarious that we're doing this on National Star Wars Day, a day which Disney chose to celebrate themselves with the franchise's debut into educational television. No, the Ewoks cartoon does not count.

Predictions:
Gnorm Gnat - 0%
Who the heck invited HIM into this guest list? And who allowed him to get this high up? I'd rather have The Expired Cow get in, because at least Fred: The Show made an impact on Nickelodeon.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Interest and activity are pretty much at an all-time low right now. Do you guys want me to continue the game, or should we put it away until a sequel is announced? I have plans for a new thread/one-time fixed schedule when a sequel is announced (though the leaderboard and noms will carry over), but for now, I'm just not sure what to do.

Interest and activity are pretty much at an all-time low right now. Do you guys want me to continue the game, or should we put it away until a sequel is announced? I have plans for a new thread/one-time fixed schedule when a sequel is announced (though the leaderboard and noms will carry over), but for now, I'm just not sure what to do.
At this rate? Let's wait for the sequel and ensuing revamp.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yeah, at this point it'd probably be better to wait until the sequel is announced. We've basically run out of characters to the point where joke noms were getting to the top, and people didn't seem all that thrilled to rate those.

Yeah, at this point it'd probably be better to wait until the sequel is announced. We've basically run out of characters to the point where joke noms were getting to the top, and people didn't seem all that thrilled to rate those.
Yeah! Like, who's the biggest name we have yet to rate? No really, who is it?

Not sure, though the most recent one was Disney rep mainly due to Doug being involved in that. We've also rated everyone in the Top 25 aside from Mr. Crocker.
I'm pretty sure that means Denzel Crocker is the biggest name we have yet to rate.

Maybe we can skip past all the nominated characters, and make Crocker our finale for now?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that means Denzel Crocker is the biggest name we have yet to rate.

Maybe we can skip past all the nominated characters, and make Crocker our finale for now?
What could we possibly say about Crocker that we haven't said about every other non-Timmy FOP character?

"Not Timmy, probably not happening until Timmy."

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It would be nice to put him on the leaderboard, though at the same time, like Lime said, there isn't anything specific to him that would make for an interesting discussion.

It's a shame more people weren't around during Cousin Skeeter's day, though. He's a live action character without any of the issues live action characters face (and he's even a protagonist with the most moveset potential in his show), which could've made for something compelling.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
What is allegedly some of the box art for NASB2 has leaked, which means we could be getting a sequel this year. With this in mind, should I make a fresh thread and carry over the leaderboard or should we wait for a bit and see what happens?

I have a fixed schedule in place to cover some of the character people really want to talk about. This will be the only one, though, so don't worry!

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
What is allegedly some of the box art for NASB2 has leaked, which means we could be getting a sequel this year. With this in mind, should I make a fresh thread and carry over the leaderboard or should we wait for a bit and see what happens?

I have a fixed schedule in place to cover some of the character people really want to talk about. This will be the only one, though, so don't worry!
I say wait for a full confirmation and announcement trailer. It might be easier to do this if we know who's already in.

I say wait for a full confirmation and announcement trailer. It might be easier to do this if we know who's already in.
I'd also wait for an announcement trailer to drop.

Who knows? Maybe this time, the Top 10/11 would actually be different! :4pacman:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
And even then, I'm gonna make a fresh thread for NASB2 (though the leaderboard will be carried over), so that I'll be able to edit the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom