• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Otis

Chance: 35%
The first character who is actually a question mark. Back at the Barnyard was never a huge hit for Nick. It wasn't even one of those good shows that gets shafted in favor of the cash cow, it was just a show that existed and that people are aware of. However it has taken on a new life as a meme and that's no small feat.

The devs love memes, we know that, but will they be able to convince Nick to add Otis? As of right now, probably not. He needs more popularity. However if the game gets enough DLC, the Big Four are out of the way, then memes will absolutely propel him to a good place. So really the answer depends on whether NASB is a hit (the eternal question).

Want: 100%
I enjoyed his show well enough as a kid. And I definitely enjoy the memes now.

El Tigre

Chance: 24%
El Tigre was always a show that was more respected than watched as far as I can tell. There are some rumblings of demand for Manny and as a superhero he would make more sense than many characters to be added to a fighting game. However I think he's not in the greatest place right now. Who knows though? Maybe when the Big Four leave a huge demand vacuum, El Tigre will swoop in and take a good chunk of it. It's hard to tell who would be "next" after the big four.

El Tigre was one of my favorite Nick shows growing up so it'd be great to see him represented. Honestly though he's just the first step towards getting Puma Loco and his sombrero mech.

Noms: Bessie x all

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Otis

Chance: 45% -
Otis at this current point is a coin toss! For one, the show, while decently promoted, was never huge during its' heyday, and Nick hasn't put either Barnyard or Back at the Barnyard on Paramount+, showing that there currently isn't much love going to the franchise. Plus if we're getting a DNA Productions character Jimmy's definitely getting prioritized. On the other hand, though, Otis has loads of meme power on his side, and the devs are extremely receptive to both memes (Spongebob's taunt, Nigel's presence, Teeter Totter Gulch, etc) and to fan demand. Once Jimmy's out of the way I can see the devs asking for him if they wanna go for a big meme pick during the DLC. It really depends on how much DLC there is, and I can see him snagging a spot of there's a good amount of slots!

Want: 90% - Yes please! xD Barnyard's been an inside joke with my friends for awhile and Otis' smug energy would be hilarious to fight with! While we should get the big four first, once they're out of the way he'd be the perfect joke character! Plus I can imagine how hilarious and hectic the stage and music would be already. I also did watch some Back at the Barnyard back in the day and it did have some genuinely funny moments!

Manny Rivera/El Tigre

Chance: 30% -
El Tigre's in an interesting spot. He has a lot of the same caveats as Otis, though he didn't receive as much promotion from Nick as Barnyard did. Furthermore, it feels like a show that a lot of people like and respect but doesn't have much of a fanbase of actual dedicated watchers. It certainly is a dark horse pick that has its' fans, and Manny still places reasonably well on polls, so the devs may take notice of this! Furthermore, the creator of the show has voiced his support to get Manny into the game, so I still think there's a solid shot once the big four are done!

Want: 80% - While it wasn't one of my favorite Nicktoons, it was still a very good show, it's difficult to say no! Manny's got all sorts of cool moves and powers up his sleeve that would make for an incredible and varied moveset. Alongside that, Miracle City's a very colorful and stylized setting that would be perfect for a festive stage! There's a lot you could do with him and I think he'd be a worthwhile DLC choice! Not my first pick if we have limited slots, but definitely a welcome one!

Nonimations:
Ember McLain x10
Leni Loud x10

Predictions:
Vlad Plasmius - 72.03% - Being Danny Phantom's arch enemy (and having a datamined announcer line) definitely puts him in a good spot, though Danny also always tends to be on his own with playable characters in crossovers, so I'm expecting a lot of slightly mixed but overall positive scores!

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Otis

Chance - 25%

Back at the Barnyard is popular in the same way that Bee Movie is popular. That is to say, most of it's enjoyment is a combination of ironic, so-bad-it's-good, and memes. Does that make him genuinely popular? Heck if I know; I don't pay much attention to them, and the last time I seriously payed attention to them was when Doge was still relevant. The devs have shown a unique willingness to listen to fan demand, but even in there I think there are more popular characters to chose from.

Want - 40% - Maybe he'd be fine if it were a bit latter. Right now though I have too many characters I want before him.

El Tigre

Chance - 40%

Super Hero franchises are an easy inclusion, due to them already having interesting powers. El Tigre, however, was never quite able to get a foothold. Sadly, it never quite reached the heights to become a majorly popular or notable franchise. He still has it's fans, but I just feel he's a bit outclassed in competition at the moment.

Want - 90%

I do remember watching El Tigre as a kid, and enjoyed watching it. I'd really enjoy him in.

Predictions

Vlad Plasmius - 56.35% - I have no idea how a second Danny character will be received

Nominations

Vendetta X5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
We'll be fighting sponges, cats and turtles til' the cows come home

I'm not as confident in Otis as others here are. Sure he's popular in terms of memes but Back at the Barnyard was never super popular or anything. He does have a level of demand though, so that has to count for something. Depending on how much DLC we get, he could be a potential curveball pick.

Want: 65%

Sure, I'll take him. I did watch a lot of his show. A lot of people say it's not that good but I thought it was stupidly entertaining and had a charm to it. I think Otis would be a funny left field pick and I'm up for that.

There's a joke somewhere in here but eh

I think El Tigre is in a similar boat to Otis. He is an underdog of sorts, his show wasn't a stand-out success but it has a cult following and Manny is fairly requested. The only thing is I'm not sure if the show is as involved with memes as Barnyard is but he still evens out the score with overall better reception and easier moveset material to work with.

Want: 60%

I was never that big into this show but El Tigre himself has a great design and it's easy to envision a moveset for him. Plus I think the stage would be neat too.

Prediction: Vlad - 60%

Noms: Timmy Turner x10

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Perhaps
Chance: 40%
Sadly, Otis isn't the type that usually gets to appear in these crossover games. He does have a pretty big fanbase behind him, though. But will that be enough to get him in the game? We'll just have to wait and see.
Want: 70%
He definitely isn't at the top of my want list, but it would still be cool to have him in the game.
Le Tiger
Chance: 40%
A lot of the things that apply to Otis also apply to El Tigre. His show is mostly forgotten by Nick, but he still has a decently sized fanbase. We can only hope that'll be enough to get him in.
I could go on all day about how I think he should be in or what his moveset could be or how I'm sad his show was cancelled so early, but I'm low on time here. So I'll just say that he's one of my most wanted characters and I think he deserves to be in.

Vlad prediction: 57%
Noms: Rocko x10
DAY OVER
CALCULATING RESULTS

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Otis
Chance: 43.50%
Want: 67.50%
Winner of predictions is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire , who predicted 42.65%, enjoy your 10 extra noms.
El Tigre
Chance: 41.40%
Want: 76.50%
Winner of predictions is DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 , who predicted 52%, enjoy your 5 extra noms.

Today we are rating Vlad Plasmius from Danny Phantom. The next day will be Timmy Turner, predict his score if you want.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Vladimir Plasmius

Chance - 96%
. Vlad Plasmius is probably the most likely sleeper pick, in my opinion. Besides Shredder, I think both the devs and community want more villains on the roster. Vlad is considered to be one of Nickelodeon’s best villains of all time. When people make lists on who are the best Nick villains, Vlad is always one of those villains that show up in a majority of them. Thanks to the announcer voice line leaks, we know that Vlad was one of the few villains selected to have their own voice line. This does not confirm Vlad, but it does show that the devs at least have him in their minds. I don’t really see any reason why Nick would not allow Vlad. I also don’t see any other big villain that could rival him currently. I might be wrong, but I think Vlad definitely likely to join at some point for DLC.

Want - 95%. Vlad is personally my most wanted Nickelodeon villain to join the roster! I love both Vlad and Danny Phantom. Every time Vlad was on screen, I always knew it was going to be a really good episode. Vlad was just a very awesome comedic and threatening villain. Vlad is sort of like Nickelodeon’s version of Lex Luther. I even had Vlad all the way back on my first top five most wanted characters to join NASB list. Even though Vlad has a lot of powers similar to Danny, he could definitely still be unique and stand out. I really hope Vlad gets to join the roster, I would definitely try to main him.

Timmy Turner Prediction Score: 79%

Noms: Kelpy G x10

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Vlad the impaler....oh wait wrong character.

Chance: 70%

Danny Phantom was one of Nick's most popular series so I can totally see it getting another character. Vlad is the main villain after all and does very well on fan polls. The only obstacle is that they might choose someone else like the Box Ghost if they wanted to go the silly route or some other villain. But Vlad is the safe choice.

Want: 70%

Danny Phantom wasn't one of my favorite Nick shows growing up but it was a very good show and something I could get some entertainment out of. As for Vlad, he's awesome. I dig his design and he's brimming with cool moveset potential.

Prediction: Timmy - 82%

Noms: Vendetta (Making Fiends) x10 (Using extra noms)

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Vlad Plasmius Chance: 85%
Vlad Plasmius is probably the most likely villain pick for NASB aside from Shredder. He's one of Nick's most iconic villains, plus NASB already has Danny in as a character, so there should be no real roadblocks to putting Vlad in. His moveset could even be partly based on Danny's as they have similar abilities.

Vlad Plasmius Want: 100%
Vlad Plasmius and El Tigre are my two most wanted potential additions for NASB. I'd personally love to see Vlad made as a more technical counterpart to Danny Phantom with some of his unique tricks mixed in, like his duplication ability. Since Danny's already in, I see no real reason why Vlad shouldn't be in NASB as a villain rep.

Noms: Snap (Chalkzone) x5

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Vlad Plasmius

Chance: 85% -
When it comes to villain reps I'd say he has the highest chance outside of Shredder (who's going to be in the game). Danny's in already, meaning no potential roadblocks there, and the datamined announcer dialogue shows that he was considered by the developers. Furthermore, I've seen Vlad on plenty of most wanted lists and Nick would likely have no issue with adding him! It really depends on how much DLC we get and what the devs prioritize. More than likely we'll get new series introduced before adding newcomers for already represented series, and the devs' preference for the 90's might win out over giving more love to the 2000's. Furthermore, since the show ended, Danny himself has always been the only playable rep for Danny Phantom in crossovers (Nicktoons MLB being particularly egregious. 1 DP rep but four Ren and Stimpy reps?!). Still, being considered alone is a massive boost, so I think Vlad's a sleeper pick to look out for!

Want: 100% - YES PLEASE!!!! Danny Phantom is my favorite Nicktoon and I'm always down for it getting more reps! Vlad's the most important villain on the show and had an incredible character arc, and I have to say he's one of my all time favorite villain characters! He also has loads of powers that Danny doesn't utilize, and with his duplication ability he could pull some serious mindgames! Let's not forget his stage either! Who WOULDN'T want to brawl on a Green Bay Packers-themed castle?! xD Vlad is one of Nick's best characters and I think he would add a lot to the game if chosen!

Nominations:
Ember McLain x10
Leni Loud x10

Predictions:
Timmy Turner - 84.29% - Unlike Jenny, Timmy's legal situation is unknown, so it's hard to gage how hard getting him would be. Still, he's a Big Four member with loads of fan demand, so I can see a lot of high scores!

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Vlad Plasmius

Chance - 40%

Some people say that he's the most likely unconfirmed villain to come in, but I would say Plankton is more likely. Frankly, I'm not certain how to evaluate characters from already represented franchises; the only one we know we're getting is from one that already has multiple. Frankly, even if we do get more from Danny Phantom, I can see them adding Skulker over him due to a more interesting move set. I dunno, right now I just don't see it.

Want - 50% - Eh, I don't care much. I know he's popular, but right now I just find the rest of Danny's rouge galley more interesting.

Predictions

Timmy Turner - 84.24%

He's our Banjo, for what it's worth. I don't know how people view his rights vs fame debate, but it will be interesting at least.

Nominations

Vendetta X5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Vladimir Putin

Yeah, I dunno about this one. Admittedly, I haven't really seen Danny Phantom, so I'm not super in-touch with how important or popular this guy is, but I'm not expecting him, quite frankly. Even assuming Vlad is the frontrunner in terms of Danny characters (which he probably is), I have my doubts as to whether Danny Phantom would even be up for a second rep in the first place. I'm very much expecting this DLC to focus on introducing new series as opposed to adding onto already represented ones, and if we do get characters from series that already have a presence in the game, I very much expect them to be from the mega-popular heavy hitters like SpongeBob, TMNT, Avatar, maybe even The Loud House. Of course people love Danny Phantom, but I just don't know if it'll be up to bat this season unless it ends up going WAY longer than we're expecting. He has an unused announcer call, but frankly, I'm not willing to give that much credence since the devs literally came out and said they were just covering bases with those. (I mean, ****, Dark Danny has an announcer call, too.) At best, it indicates that they're at least thinking about him, but considering how much these guys love Nickelodeon as a whole, I don't know how much that really helps him. Could it mean something? Sure, I guess, but I'm not really willing to hold my breath. (I also can't get behind the idea that Vlad is somehow the next most likely villain after Shredder when both Zuko and Plankton are RIGHT there.)

Want: Abstain
Yeah, I'm abstaining on this one. I literally didn't know who this character was before I saw him mentioned in this thread. So, I really can't say anything about him here.

Timmy Turner Prediction: 87%
Timmy's an obligatory inclusion at this point, and I think people know this. Some people are convinced that he has some mega-hairy legal situation under the hood, but considering how often the kid appears in other Nickelodeon crossover games, I don't think that's gonna gatekeep him here.

I give precisely 1 nom to Squidward to put him and Mr. Krabs at the same amount, and I guess I'll dump the rest into Plankton.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Some people are convinced that he has some mega-hairy legal situation under the hood
Nelvana owns the international rights to the first few seasons, but ONLY those episodes. Not Timmy, Cosmo, Wanda, Dimmsdale, etc.

In other words it's an inverse of Doug's situation.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Mad Vlad
Chance: Abstain
Want: 65%
Vlad is a cool villain and he'd I think fit right in and would definitely be fun to play as. That being said, my personal preference for a Danny Phantom newcomer is still The Box Ghost.

Timmy prediction: 80%
Noms: Rocko x5
DAY OVER
CALCULATING RESULTS

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Vlad Plasmius
Chance: 68.50%
Want: 80%
Winner of predictions is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire , who predicted 72.03%. Enjoy your 5 extra noms.

Today we're rating Timmy Turner from the Fairly OddParents. The next day will be a double day consisting of Kelpy G and Ember McLain, predict their scores if you want.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Timmy Is An Average Kid, Who No One Understands
Chance: 90%

I know I said that Jenny is the closest this game has to a lock, but god DAMN if Timmy ain't a contender. Fairly OddParents was notoriously Nick's longest-running show bar SpongeBob, and even if it (finally) came to an end a few years back, 10 freakin' seasons don't lie. (Apparently the show's also getting a reboot this year, which worries me immensely, but it at least shows that Nick cares to keep the IP alive these days.) Given all this, Timmy Turner's absolutely a no-brainer inclusion, to the point that his exclusion from the base roster was a real head-scratcher for some. Most people chalk this up to licensing fees, since Nickelodeon notoriously did not give the devs the time nor the money they needed for the base game, but with DLC, I see that being less of an issue. In terms of Nickelodeon crossovers, Timmy's an absolute must-have, and I think the devs know this given how vocal folks on the internet have been about certain roster absences.

Want: 60%
I watched a ton of Fairly OddParents as a kid, and from what I remember, it was... alright. I never enjoyed it as much as SpongeBob or Jimmy Neutron, though, even during the show's prime before they introduced Sparky and Chloe and all those other posers. (The show's steep decline after that point didn't exactly help, though.) As such, Timmy doesn't have quite the special place in my heart that my favorite cartoons do, but it'd at least be good to see a major hole in Nickelodeon's history be filled with his addition to this game. Besides, maybe he could have a cool moveset where he has Cosmo and Wanda as pseudo-puppets that he can throw around and control the stage with. I mean, the kid can make wishes come true. Pretty much anything's possible.

Ember McLain Prediction: 39.2%
People seem to be oddly convinced that Danny Phantom's getting another rep, though most seem to believe that Vlad's the clear frontrunner on that front. As such, I don't expect Ember to garner too high of scores.

Kelpy G Prediction: 6.8%
I can't think of anything that makes this guy stand out from any of SpongeBob's immeasurable backlog of characters, much less the principal ones like Squidward and Mr. Krabs who still haven't shown up in the game yet. And if an absolute SpongeBob geek like me can't think of anything to put in his favor, I doubt the average poster will either.

Nominating Squidward x5
Nominating Mr. Krabs x5

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Pink-hatted boy who totally CHEATED ON HIS MATH TEST

Chance: 95%
Similarly to Jimmy, he's one of the "Big Four", thanks to his show's massive popularity from the 2000s. Unlike Jimmy, I don't have to dig for evidence of Nick wanting to remind you of the show's existence, because it's more obvious. Even after the show recently ended, Nick's Pluto TV channel shows reruns very frequently (and surprisingly not The Loud House, despite me comparing it to an exaggeration of modern Nick), their collab with RSVLTS resulted in several shirts that focus solely on FOP characters, and like Ze Diglett said, it's getting rebooted.

Oh, and the thing about Nelvana supposedly owning the franchise is wishful (hehehehe) thinking. They simply own the classic episodes but not the franchise, something I've already called the opposite of Doug's situation.

Want: 90%.
Fairly Odd Parents is also something I watched religiously, but for whatever reason I feel more attached to Jimmy Neutron in the present day. Maybe it's the memes that show got? Not saying it's the only 2000s Nicktoon that got memed on, Dimma-mind you.

Noms: Otto Rocket x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
did he have an older sister or am i imagining that?

chances: 50% doesnt his dad have more memes? i think that might give him the edge. still people seem to go on about him which i think show he was plenty of popularity. and or memes. he is an ideal sort of candidate for the game but then what do i know about the devs behind it.

want: 0% i dont really remember the show. i seem to recall so guy doing a song with a bunch of teeth, none of the other fairies want the green haired one stuck with them and some weird christmas one where the parents are constantly fighting over eggnog. and then he accidently made it christmas every day and it all starts to fall apart and then the easter bunny and other such characters turn up furious about the whole but then it ends when they realize that their days arent as good as christmas and they apologise to santa for being lame people and leave to wallow. which is very long winded way to say you like chirstmas the most. in short what little i do remember of the show is not enough for me to want the character.

noms to odie

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Before I do my writeup, are there any legal obstacles for Timmy? I could have sworn I heard something about them needing to talk to Butch Hartman first but I'm not sure about that.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Press F to pay your respects

I've heard countless rumors about the legal trouble that might have kept him out of base game. Whether it be Nelvana, Frederator, or Butch Hartman himself, the consensus is that somebody needs a paycheck to allow him in. While I know nothing about that, I will say that it makes a lot of sense. Simply for the reason that if you're making a Nick crossover, FOP is one of the first five shows you include (maybe 3). It was a huge cash cow. So much so that they kept it going way past its expiration date. It's one of the biggest and most iconic Nicktoons ever so if licensing issues didn't keep him out I can't imagine what did.

There's also a reboot that's coming out on Paramount+. This year, even (I think?). Nick is doing stuff with the IP which means that A) they can strike a deal to use it if they want to, and B) it's in their best interest to promote FOP, and putting Timmy in this game would do that.

Which brings us to right now. It's DLC, likely individually sold, they can make a deal where they split the profits with license holders. If there's a time to include a character that's tough to get is now. Add to that the fact that he's obviously one of the most demanded characters. And, like Jimmy, his high score is also representative of the fact that he needs to be in this game. If he doesn't make it then it's as good as dead. Talk about embarrassing, Timmy and Jimmy never being included would just be the final nail in the coffin.

FOP was my jam as a kid. I remember Timmy being the coolest loser ever, life was 100% against him yet he never gave up and made the wishes that any kid would in his situation. Wish fulfilment at its finest. Thankfully I grew out of it by the time it got bad (looking at you Sparky) so I don't have my memories of it stained like with SpongeBob. So yeah give me bucktooth boy please.

Noms: Bessie

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The average kid with magic goldfish

Since I'm not getting any answers on the legality of Fairly OddParents I'm gonna assume it's not going to be a big deal. It's the DLC period after all, this is the time to bring in more expensive IPs and Timmy definitely has the merits to be worth getting. Fairly OddParents is one of Nick's most successful series and Timmy is a top tier request. I was thinking about giving him a 95+% but since we don't know exactly who is involved in the negotiations I'll be a little more conservative but either way I'm extremely confident in Timmy. He's one of those must-haves.

Fairly OddParents is my second favorite Nick show of all time right behind Spongebob. Timmy is such a relatable protagonist and the whole cast is excellent. The humor is on point and I could watch the show for hours. I'm disgusted by what they did to the show in the later seasons with them including new characters because they ran out of ideas, changing the animation which is subtle but noticeable enough to be uncanny for long-time fans like me, and flanderizing characters to the point where they are unrecognizable. Still, like with GoodGrief I grew out of the show right before it got really bad so I do have a lot of good memories with the show and I'm clamoring for it to be represented in All Star Brawl.

Noms: Timmy's dad x10

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Timmy Turner

Chance: 90% -
Timmy's a huge deal and a member of the big four, I'd honestly be baffled if he wasn't chosen. Even though his show is over, Nick clearly still cares about him, given that the show's gotten new merch and is even getting a reboot. He's an absolute cash cow for them! Furthermore, Timmy was in Super Brawl World, so he has had a very recent game appearance. The only thing keeping my score a little more conservative is some of the legal kerfuffle that's been mentioned. The devs mentioned that Frederator isn't the issue, but either Nelvana or Butch himself might need a paycheck to get him in the game. But given the game's success I can imagine Nick would be more willing to shell out the extra money if needed, especially if they see the profit they could gain for Timmy being added.

Want: 100% - How can I say no! As much as I want Danny Phantom to get a second rep, if given the choice to ad another Butch Hartman character I'd have to add Timmy! Even if Season 7+ suffered extreme seasonal rot the show is still fondly regarded overall, and was a major part of my childhood! Furthermore, I'm always down for more live from the 2000's, and Timmy is a lynchpin of that era. Having him in the game would fill a major hole in Nick's history! Fairly OddParents had some fantastic humor and great characters, it has more than earned its' place in the game!

Nominations:
Leni Loud x10
Sokka x5

Predictions:
Ember McLain - 32.18% - Ember's the most popular member of Danny's rogues gallery (for multiple reasons), but given the likely focus on introducing new franchises and competition with Vlad I see her getting lower scores, at least for All Star Brawl standards.

Kelpy G - 0.48% - I know the devs love their memes but Kelpy G's inclusion is just too hard to believe, especially when major Spongebob staples like Squidward and Mr. Krabs aren't in yet.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Timmy Turner

Chance - 80%
. Timmy Turner is a very weird character for NASB. I do 100% believe there are some licensing issues behind the scenes,especially when you take in to account the voice line leaks. The Fairly OddParents is one of Nickelodeon’s best cartoons of all time. There is a reason why the show has lasted 16 years, becoming the second longest running Nick series. If there was one character that Nick and devs would try to negotiate for, it would be Timmy. We saw that Nick managed to get Timmy into Super Brawl Universe (their app fighting game). If the community keeps being loud about Timmy Turner, I could see Nick definitely negotiating to get him into NASB.

Want - 98%. If there was one series and character that deserves to be in Nickelodeon: All Star Brawl, it would be the Fairly OddParents and Timmy Turner in my opinion. I absolutely LOVE the Fairly OddParents. I remember watching the show when I was a kid. When most people decided to stop watching the series, I continued to stay for years, even when the quality started to go down. I watched the Fairly OddParents all the way up to the Chloe era (the end days). If it wasn’t for SpongeBob, the Fairly OddParents would be my favorite Nickelodeon series of all time. Timmy is also one of the greatest and most relatable cartoon characters in my opinion. Timmy could have the most creative moveset in the entire game with Cosmo, Wanda, and 16 years of content to pull from. The game also needs more love for the 2000s era of Nick. I want Timmy Turner in Nickelodeon: All Star Brawl.

Noms: Timmy’s Dad x10

Kelpy G Prediction Score: 9%
Ember McLane Prediction Score: 56%

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gonna get in on this.

My Shiney Teeth and Me

Chance- 80%
I can't claim to understand the copyright issues that everyone is talking about so I'm not really gonna factor that in much. I think Timmy is one of the biggest potential candidates for this game. He has an iconic popular cartoon and a ton of moveset potential. Whenever I see stuff about this game I allways see people asking about Farily Odd Parents characters. There clearly are some form of issue considering the lack of any FOP content whatsoever in the files, which is why he didn't get a full rating. But assuming they can work those out then I think Timmy is an extremely likely DLC candidate.

Want - 90% -
He really should be here. I grew up with FOP and I do think the roster will always feel a little lacking (though I do like it) without him or Jimmy. I also think he'd have a very fun moveset making use of the fairies.

Noms to Hugh Neutron

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Timmy Turner

Chance - 87.5%

Timmy's hard to place. We have word from a semi-reliable source that Timmy's problems lie in legal kerfuffle. While not exactly a shoo-in because of that, he is unquestionably rivaled only by Jimmy in terms of want by the player base. It's more a matter of when than if.

Want - 100%

My most wanted character is who I reserve my 100% spot for. The prefect combination of nostalgia, likening him, and move set potential.

Predictions

Kelpy G. - 1.45% - Seriously? Can't we at least do Fred first?

Ember - 34.57% - Largely overshadowed by other characters from the franchise.

Nominations

Vendetta X5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Your wish... is granted
Chance: 80%
Timmy's a bit of a weird case. While he's the main character of one of the most popular and successful Nicktoons, he's made very few appearances in Nick games from the last 15 years. From what I can gather, it seems that when Nick ended their partnership with Nelvana in 2007, it had the side effect of Timmy no longer being able to appear in internationally released games. Timmy did, however, recently make an appearance in one such game, Super Brawl Universe. Which shows that Timmy could make it in if Nick bothers to put in the effort. While Nick hasn't really put much effort into NASB so far, I have a good feeling things can change.
Want: 99%
While Timmy isn't my #1 most wanted character, he is the one who I think most deserves to be included. FOP is one of the biggest Nick shows of all time. It feels wrong not to have him here. Timmy also has limitless moveset potential and I know he'd be fun to play as.

KG prediction: 5.50%
Ember prediction: 40%
Noms: Rocko x5, Hugh x5
DAY OVER
C-A-L-Q-... LATER!

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Timmy Turner
Chance: 83.25%
Want: 83.70%
Winner of predictions is Sid-cada Sid-cada , who predicted 84.24%, enjoy your 10 extra noms.

Today we're rating Kelpy G. from SpongeBob and Ember McLain from Danny Phantom. The next day will consist of Odie and Vendetta, predict what you think their chance scores will be.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
abstain as i dont know either of them. seeing as ive finally gotten odie to be rated noms to sokka (avatar)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hippie Squidward

Chance: 1%

The only factor going for this character is the memes. But keep in mind that this is Spongebob, the king of memes. Virtually every character has some memes associated with them so Kelpy G has nothing noteworthy going for him and thus doesn't have any advantage over the dozens of random side characters. Heck I can see some of the side characters like the "My leg!" guy getting in over him. I'm giving him a 1% because "never say never" but I wouldn't be surprised if we never see this guy in the game.

Want: 5%

He would be hilarious but unless if we get at least like 5 other Spongebob reps then I don't want him. All Star Brawl's roster doesn't have the flexibility to include random joke characters, especially since many notable characters from across various shows still aren't in the game yet.

The Hex Girls...oh wait wrong show

Chance: 30%

She has a decent chance considering she appears in a pretty good amount of episodes and is somewhat popular from what I hear. But considering that she has competition with Vlad and other major characters it's kind of hard for me to imagine her being chosen.

Want: 30%

I honestly don't remember her a lot (Again, I didn't follow the show that closely) and I'm a lot more interested in seeing Vlad or even the Box Ghost become playable. I wouldn't be completely against the idea though, she would have a wicked cool moveset. But I'm seeing this from the perspective that she would probably be the 3rd or 4th Danny Phantom rep and I'm simply not very interested in seeing that many reps from Danny's show.

Noms: Timmy's dad x10

D

Deleted member

"Are you ready for your daily dose of smooth jazz?"

Chances: 5%
Maybe it's like a NASB fandom meme I'm unaware of but I don't know how this guy got so high. He's a one off bit from one episode (as far as I am aware) and I really don't see why he would be picked over the likes of Squidward, Mr Krabs, Plankton or even Mrs. Puff.

Want - 10%
I mean I like wild card characters as much as the next guy but I would be kinda weirded out if this guy got in. Like it's a funny bit from a memorable episode but I don't see why they'd add him. He'd make a great skin for Squidward though.

"You will remember my name"
Chance- 40%
I haven't kept up with the fandom but I know Ember is super popular. She's probably one of the most memorable Danny Phantom characters. I do feel like they might go for Vald though because he's the main villain and Skulker also seems pretty popular so she has competition. Only way I can see her really getting in is if a dev really pushes for her, which isn't impossible but doesn't seem super likely.

Want - 60%

She's really cool and has a great design. I love the concept of music based characters in fighting games and I'm sure if she was added they would do something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
What a weird pair of characters to rate in one day...

Squidward In A Wig
Chance: 0%

I know, I know, never say never, but frankly, Kelpy G is the exact type of character I would NOT expect to be in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. I only even remember this guy for being at the end of that one horrifying episode where Squidward gets turned into a concrete-flesh homunculus, and that's one of his ONLY ROLES. (Though apparently he has an appearance in the most recent SpongeBob movie, which I wasn't aware of, but don't think it really helps his case much.) He's not particularly important in any of his appearances, and despite being rated so early, he doesn't even have meme potential going for him. Seriously, I searched this guy's name in the NASB Discord, and he's only been mentioned like, 30 times. He's not even this game's Geno, he's just a nobody. Literally the only way I'd expect him to get any recognition whatsoever is MAYBE as an alt costume for Squidward, but even then, he'd have to compete with much more simple and obvious choices like his Krusty Krab uniform or his Band Geeks outfit to even get that. In short, he's not happening.

Want: 0%
Please no. Putting this guy in before any of Squidward, Krabs, or Plankton would be like putting Mouser in Melee before Bowser or Peach. Hell, even if the devs felt like springing for a "meme pick" for whatever reason, Bubble Bass is RIGHT there. At least that guy's been memed enough to get a server emote. This dude's barely noteworthy enough to have his own wiki article, why are we talking about this? I mean, what would he even do, play smooth jazz at you?

Ambler McQueen
Chance: 15%

I already said pretty much all I can about the prospect of Danny Phantom getting another character in my Vlad writeup, but in short, I'm not expecting it, and even if it does, Vlad's pretty clearly the one they'd go for. I understand Ember has her fans (some very, very vocal fans), but frankly, it seems like the devs aren't even really thinking about her right now. (I hate to be that guy, but consider that Vlad Plasmius and Dark Danny have announcer voicelines, but Ember doesn't.) For a prospective third or fourth Danny Phantom character, I'd say she's in the clear, but the opportunity has to come around in the first place for her to even get that, and for this game, I just don't see it.

Want: Abstain
See what I wrote in my Vlad Plasmius writeup, i.e. I don't know enough about the show or this character to really care.

Odie Prediction: 13.4%
I'm not too confident in Garfield getting another slot in this game, but who knows, some people might be.

Vendetta Prediction: 12%
I dunno anything about this character or her show, so I'm probably just gonna abstain on this one, but hey, here's a number.

Noms to Plankton

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Kelpy G

Chance: 1% -
I know the devs are into memes, and he's definitely a memeable character from a very memorable episode, but I'm just not seeing it. He's simply TOO obscure, especially for this point in the roster. There are loads of major Spongebob characters that need to be added, even minor ones like the aforementioned "My Leg!" guy, who's at least reoccuring. Not expecting this guy in the slightest.

Want: 5% - Again, he's funny, but there just isn't room on the roster for picks like this. Like for Hugh I can at least see him getting in as a second Jimmy Neutron rep if we get Jimmy himself. But for Keply G? I really can't justify choosing him over the SEVERAL important Spongebob characters that'd be higher on the priority list.

Ember McLain

Chance: 35% -
Danny himself is already in the game, so that's a huge roadblock out of the way! She's also the most popular member of Danny's rogues' gallery, and being a music-based character provides a lot of moveset potential! Her only major competition for this niche would be Squidward, but he's basically a given at this point. Competition's her only real issue. First from Vlad, the series' main villain and where a lot of the fan demand for a second Danny Phantom rep goes. The second is from the DLC's possible focus on adding new franchises like the big four over new characters for existing ones. And finally, there's Skulker, another villain on the show who is by far the most significant member of Danny's Rogue's gallery. He's been the main villain of several episodes while Ember's only been in that spotlight for two, one of which she had to share with Youngblood (and the less said about Girls' Night Out the better). Plus Skulker has a datamined voice line while Ember doesn't, and even in other recent crossovers (Nick Grand Prix 2) Skulker's gotten representation while Ember has not. Still, I can see demand for her going up over time once more characters get in!

Want: 90% - Docking 10% since the second Danny Phantom rep has to be Vlad, but for a third she'd be a great choice! She has an arsenal of cool moves she can fire from her guitar and even flame hair she can guide ala Ness' lightning. The stage would be awesome, too, I'd love to hear a cover of Remember playing on it! In fact a concert stage with an audience would allow for some very fun Paper Mario TTYD-esque interactions from the audience affecting the fight! She was always one of my favorite ghosts on the show and I think she'd make for a very worthwhile character choice! But I do agree, there are other priorities right now!

Nominations:
Leni Loud x10
Sokka x5

Predictions:
Vendetta - 10.27% - She's gotten a bit more publicity lately due to "screwed by Nickelodeon" shows being popular to look back on right now, but she's still a Nicktoons Network-only show with only six episodes, so I don't see much confidence in her, given the scores that better off niche characters liek El Tigre got.

Odie - 29.38% - Garfield's a huge meme and I can see some arguments for Odie down the line, but with Garfield himself just getting into the game and the likel focus of the DLC being on new franchises, I don't see much confidence at the moment. But Odie definitely feels like the next most likely pick if they double-dip on Garfield.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Kelpy G

Chance: 0%. Literally who? But seriously, the most I could see is MAYBE as an alt for Squidward if Nick was feeling mighty generous, but the fact of the matter is every fighter on the roster thus far is a major part of their series. Whether you like it or not, this game is about iconic characters. One-offs will never get in, and I'll take the L if one ever did.

Want: 0%. Seriously? I love a good meme as much as the next guy, but just picking obscure stuff for the sake of obscurity bugs the hell out of me.

Ember
Chance: 5%. I love Danny Phantom, and she's a hugely popular member of Danny's rogue's gallery, but there's a very... disturbing real world incident involving her that from what I've seen makes Nickelodeon not want to utilize her; I'm not going into it here, but if you're not squeamish, Coffeehouse Crime did a great video on it; regardless, the fact of the matter is due to this I feel like they'd have to do an uphill battle to convince Nick; though I don't necessarily think it's impossible; other enemies of Danny appear both more frequently and are far more iconic; Skulker, Vlad, even Technus I think have the edge over her. On top of that, there's another guitar-wielding lady with a promotable show that, while still somewhat controversial (politically speaking), feels like a more safe pick: Luna Loud. Similar age, from a series with multiple reps already, and not a stage cameo, Luna would be about everything Ember is, just without ghost powers.

Want: 30%. Ember's my favorite amongst Danny's rogue's gallery too (well, other than the Fright Knight), and I genuinely think she's got a great design... but against Vlad or Skulker, who are far more "Archenemy" to Danny, and even Dark Danny, there' s just too many good options to stick to a somewhat more obscure pick. Vlad or Skulker are the way to go, imo.

Noms
Luna Loud x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Abstain for now, might elaborate on Kelpy later

Edit: now is later

Kelpy G
Chance and want: 0%
Am I missing something? Is Kelpy G a joke in the fandom? Because otherwise I don't see why he would even be considered for anything beyond background cameo. Kelpy G is just a throwaway gag that I think recurred? But either way was never a character of any importance or, as far as I know, popularity. Squidward isn't even in yet, and when and if he's in there's no need for Kelpy anymore now is there?

Abstain on Ember for the same reason as Vlad

Noms go to Bessie

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Kelpy G.

Chance - 0%

Uh, no. Why would they pick him? He's not as notable as many other characters. At least Fred is notable enough to become a reoccurring character and being the source of SpongeBob's most memorable running gag. Why they would pick him when SpongeBob arguably still is missing some of it's core cast would really feel like a waste of space.

Want - 0%

There are way too many better SpongeBob characters to consider. He's quite the waste of space.

Ember

Chance - 20%

Not the most important member of Danny's rogues gallery, but a popular and memorable one at that. If they don't go for Vlad or Skulker, I can see her being picked due to her popularity and moveset potential. The problem is that Skulker and Vlad are both major contendoers when we don'te even have a guarantee that we will get another Danny Phantom Character.

Want - 60%

She's more interesting than Vlad, I'll give her that. However, I would still prefer Skulker over her.

No predictions sense I got the extra nominations.

Nominations

15 X Skulker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom