• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Albert (A Small Tree With A Big Dream)
Chance: 0%
Want: Abstain

Yeah, I got nothing for this one, sorry.

Meltman
Chance: 5%
Want: 10%

I could see the devs going for one of the other ALN characters if The Flesh being "Super Naked" would risk bumping the rating up, but at the same time, Meltman doesn't really do anything. We never see him use his power even once. That's sort of the joke, Meltman is utterly useless in any situation, which is funny, but how on earth can you make a moveset out of that?
Meltman is a funny character, but I don't know how they'd be able to make a moveset out of literally nothing.

The Flesh prediction: 10%

Noms
3x Movie Sonic
2x Norbert

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Barry Meltfarb
Chance: 10%.
How KaBlam! has been handled when it comes to nostalgia pandering is...unfortunate. They don't want to have to constantly repay for the rights to the licensed music and certain shorts, but they have experimented with ways to keep KaBlam!'s shorts relevant in the 2000's, but said tactics (compiling Action League Now shorts into their own show, and showing Sniz and Fondue/Prometheus and Bob/Life with Loopy between shows on Nicktoons Network) are barely utilized today, although ALN and most of KaBlam! did somehow make their way onto Paramount+. I'll talk about this more on a Henry and June day, but onto things more specific to ALN:

As seen by how ALN is the one that got its shorts compiled into a show, Action League Now is the most prominent series of KaBlam! shorts. It's the only series to have a short in every single KaBlam! episode, an ALN short made its debut as part of the movie Good Burger since it actually got its start on All That, and it's the only one to get merchandise, specifically Burger King Kid's Meal toys. However, thanks to being part of KaBlam! and despite its spinoff not having licensing issues, ALN barely gets acknowledged by Nick's nostalgia pandering. The best it gets is Nick acknowledging the anniversary of its supposed premiere...except this isn't when the first ALN short actually aired, or when ALN was officially spunoff from KaBlam!. It's when the "In the Whine of Fire" special was aired. On the plus side of things, the video honoring not-actually-ALN's-anniversary has gotten 3 million views according to Facebook, so there could be a decent audience for an ALN rep
aln views.jpg

...but if you're going to use Facebook video views to judge who's worthy of being NASB DLC, we'd more likely get Snap as ChalkZone's anniversary video has 4 million views. But anyway on to things even more Meltman-specific:

Among those who do remember ALN and hope for a rep in NASB, Meltman seems to be even more of the go-to choice than The Flesh. Possibly due to how everyone remembers the narrator's excessively dramatic introduction of his POWER TO...MELLLLLT!...which he actually doesn't use in the shorts, as he mostly is seen being forced to do chores for the League and generally being a butt-monkey. His moveset would thus have to revolve more around the chores he's had to do than melting in order to accurately represent the character, which may disappoint people who remember "MELTMAN, WITH THE POWER TO...MELLLLLT!" more than what he actually did. Since The Flesh's super-strength was actually utilized in the shorts, he might have more to work with, which I'll talk about tomor...erm, in two days since that's how this thread works. But it's not like Meltman's moveset would be impossible to make, he's got some things to reference like Mega Meltman from "Meltman at Large", or the clog dancing he did that accidentally woke up Spotzilla in "The Wrath of Spotzilla".

Want: 80%.
I just want KaBlam! to finally be repped in a Nicktoons crossover. If this is how it happens, so be it.

Predictions: The Flesh: 10%.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
"I'm melting!"

Chance: 1%

Action Live Now! is a short-lived series that stands out for using action figures that moved via stop motion and techniques such as "chuckimation."....and that's all I have for the explanation because there are several issues I have. First, Meltman is able to..melt and that's it. That doesn't really yell moveset potential. Second, Meltman is only one of the main characters. Reading the Wikipedia page, there are other characters that are more interesting and can work better as fighting game characters like The Mayor and Bill the Lab Guy (I see what they did there). And third, this show is quite obscure. I've never heard of it until it was nominated and I don't see much demand for it. Maybe there's something I'm missing but I find it hard to believe that the devs would bother with a show like this.

Want: 0%

The idea of using figures for a show is neat and I've enjoyed some shows like this such as Monster Island Buddies. But I tried watching a couple minutes of this show and I have no interest. Plus Meltman just isn't that interesting outside of the comedic aspect, in which case there are plenty of other comedic characters that I do want.

A literal tree

Chance: 0.01%

This is another one I've never heard about. Let me look it up.

Sees who Albert is

lmao. Ok we have officially gone close to reaching the bottom of the barrel when we have started to rate a literal tree. Granted a living tree that wants to be famous, but a tree no less. At least he moves like Piranha Plant so he's possible but think about the position he's in. He's in one random obscure movie that came out in 2016. Not recent enough to be marketable and it's really far ahead of the devs' time. Do people even demand him ironically? Idk all I know is good job person who nommed this because you gave me a good laugh.

Want: 1%

This is an ironic one percent. Albert is...Albert. Maybe I'll name my christmas tree Albert this year. He should fight Piranha Plant someday. I'll stop here since I'm just rambling but I'll say he's at least good for the memes.

Noms: Josh and Parker xMax

D

Deleted member

Chance - 5%
ALN does seem to have some popularity amoung fans, I don't think a rep is completely out of the question. But I don't think I see it being Meltman. From what I understand he's a gag character who's only power is to melt. I don't think this game can afford to add wacky joke picks when it needs big picks so desperately. The other characters fit better as fighting game characters.

Want - Abstain
Never seen. I'm sure I would have loved this show if I was a kid when it was airing. But watching it now does nothing for me.

Chance - 0%
I genuinely didn't think we could get more obscure. A literal tree who appeared in one direct to DVD movie a couple of years ago? I can't see why the devs would choose him and considering this is the first I've ever heard of him, I don't imagine he's particularly in demand by fans. His movie doesn't even have a Wikipedia page! He's also just a tree, and while Smash has shown us plants can work in platform fighters, I don't think i can see this one getting in.

Want - Abstain

He's cute, I guess. But I can't say I have any attachment whatsoever.

You know what. Screw it. Noms to Nosferatu
InfamousMellowBluebottlejellyfish-small.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Yeah, I dunno about this one guys. This dude's not even a Nickelodeon character, he's from some indie game that people don't even talk about anymore. I don't see him getting into Fraymakers, much less a completely different platform fighte-

...wait, wrong melting man. My mistake.

Meltman
Chance: 1%

I wanted this guy to have a double day with The Flesh, but here we are. Anyway, I admittedly have next to zero familiarity with Action League Now, but going off a cursory Google search as well as what people are saying in this thread, Meltman is basically a butt monkey who has zero [useful] abilities. (Does he even use his power to melt in the show, or is it just in the intro?) I know these devs like their gag characters, but that doesn't exactly bode well from a designing-cool-characters standpoint. The difference between a Meltman and a Powdered Toast Man is that Powdered Toast Man, however limited, has material to work with in terms of abilities and things he's done despite being essentially a gag character. Meltman just sorta doesn't do anything. At best, he might be second in line for an ALN rep if The Flesh being nude turns out to be an issue, but that hinges on an ALN rep making it in the first place, which... yeah.

Want: 10%

I actually didn't know who this guy was until I saw him in another Twitter meme from the day NASB was announced. But yeah, it'd be kinda funny I guess, but not enough for me to actually want it.

Albert
Chance: 0.5%

In the words of a very mischievous scorpion, "lol; lmao."

So for those who don't know, Albert is from a TV movie called Albert about Albert, a small tree who wishes to be the biggest Christmas tree in not-New York City. This movie came out in 2016 and is apparently so obscure that it doesn't even have a Wikipedia page or a full plot synopsis on IMDb. This surprisingly isn't Albert's only appearance, though; he was in a children's book called "Albert: The Little Tree With Big Dreams", which is more or less a straight retelling of the movie he's from. Isn't that crazy? Truly an impressive pedigree.

In all seriousness, I am willing to give Albert half a % here since he at LEAST has more putting him in the conversation than someone like Kelpy G or Rusty Spokes and (to my knowledge) doesn't carry any legal or logistical baggage like most live-action characters would. (Yes, this means I think we're more likely to see Albert than anyone from iCarly, Drake & Josh, and Good Burger. Sue me.) That said, I wouldn't be surprised if none of the devs even know who this character is. I didn't know him until last month, and I can see that most of you don't either. Hell, I even went and searched the NASB Discord, and Albert's only been mentioned a handful of times as a joke. Freaking Fat Albert (who is not a Nickelodeon character) and Albert Einstein (who is also not a Nickelodeon character) have been mentioned more times than Albert there.

I can actually see Al maybe getting in a future NASB game as the Icies-tier "what the actual ****" pick (or maybe Plant's a more apt comparison on multiple levels), but that's when we have like, 50 characters and all of Nick's noteworthy franchises are healthily represented. He's an absolute no-hoper for now, but he is still TECHNICALLY eligible. Basically what I'm saying is, be prepared.

he approacheth.png

Want: 30%

So, funny story: I was working in my university library this past semester, and I stumbled upon the Albert picture book when I was shelving books one day. I took one look at it, saw the Nickelodeon logo on the front cover, and was immediately like "naww, this can't be real, this is just something Nick published once, they didn't actually make this." Later I looked it up and was surprised to find, nope, Albert is totally a Nickelodeon character and he even had a movie. And of course, being the responsible adult I am, my brain immediately thought, "hey, wouldn't it be funny if you nommed this character you literally just found out about in the RTC thread?" Next thing you know, I found myself saddled with a hundred noms, and you know the rest.

So yeah, Albert would be kinda funny, if only for the "I'm literally the only person in the world who wanted this even a little bit" factor. If he ever does get in, I will be mutually obligated to main him.

The Flesh Prediction: 8%
He is the star of a somewhat well-remembered show, but he is also naked. That may or may not prove to be an issue.

5 noms to Bubble Bass, rest to Sheen

Idk all I know is good job person who nommed this because you gave me a good laugh.
You're welcome :4pacman:

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Meltman

Chance - 1% - Meltman's power is not even shown in the show. In fact, there is some speculation that his power is not actually to melt, but rather being able to survive being melted. He's a big joke character who doesn't even want to fight, in a series all about super heroes, some of whom actually do make sense like The Flesh. While not likely at all, I'll give him some points for being eligible.

Want - 40% - Eh... not interested. If there was going to be Action League Now! content, I'd rather it be The Flesh.

Albert

Chance - 0% - In terms of Nick history, this is a non-entity. A direct to DVD movie is typically doomed to be either forgettable or infamously bad. Isn't this also a licensed character due to being based on a kid's book? That just adds more to his unlikeliness pile. At least Rango had a movie in the theaters...

Want - 0% - This is a joke character done mostly because someone here has run out of stuff to nominate, so they gave it to a joke of a character who they know will get near zeroes. As such, they don't even deserve a pity point from me.

Can I get serious for a second? If all that's left is to nominate that sort of character, I'd rather the thread die with dignity rather than turn this thread into a Fairly Odd Parents-esque dragging out the joke until it's no longer fun. I know we're all getting a little stir-crazy due to lack of stuff to keep us running, but at least try to keep this from becoming too frequent? Some of us still have stuff we would like to nominate.

Predictions

The Flesh - 6.35% - Okay, the actual Action League Now! character viewed likely to get in.

Nominations

Olmec's Temple X5

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Can I get serious for a second? If all that's left is to nominate that sort of character, I'd rather the thread die with dignity rather than turn this thread into a Fairly Odd Parents-esque dragging out the joke until it's no longer fun. I know we're all getting a little stir-crazy due to lack of stuff to keep us running, but at least try to keep this from becoming too frequent? Some of us still have stuff we would like to nominate.
This is literally a Nickelodeon-themed thread, I dunno why you'd think people shouldn't submit really stupid stuff just because it's funny.

Also, there's plenty of big characters we haven't gotten to yet - Heffer; The Flying Dutchman; Jorgen; Fanboy and Chum Chum; Tommy; Ultra Lord; Tak...

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Honestly, I was gonna start nomming Snap next since I'm genuinely surprised we haven't discussed him yet. There IS still stuff to discuss, I'm just having a bit of fun out here. Things are slow for this game anyway, gotta keep ourselves entertained somehow. ;)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think I'll just abstain, since I've never seen an episode of Action League Now, and I have no clue who the tree is. But from the sound of it, I'd kinda be cool with Albert joining in, if only because of how obscure he is.

Noms: Snap
The Flesh prediction: I wish I knew how Meltman is doing, but I assume that the Flesh will do mildly better? 5%

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Jenny satisfaction: 90%.

Admittedly when it came to the "Big Four" I was mostly interested in the two -Immies (please don't deconfirm Jimmy with Hugh's DLC pack!). But nonetheless, Jenny is still a great start to paid DLC. Her moves have tons of unique properties to them, her show's visuals are properly recreated both with her stage and how she's animated (and for that matter, her stage feels like a competitive stage, rather than suffering what happened with SSBU's DLC where the stages were too bland for casual play but had traits competitive players wouldn't like, even Sephiroth's stage has the issue of DMCAing streams), and to top it all off she's, well, one of the four big fan requests, topping even Jimmy and Timmy in various polls despite how big their shows were. The only issue I really have with her is that she feels like she's gonna powercreep Oblina unless they retool the latter to focus more on her sludge.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Jenny satisfaction: 95%

Jenny was very high on my list of wants, and I wanted her (and Rocko) the most out of the "Big Four". Getting her first is a real treat.
While she's not as crazy as I was expecting, the moves and references they did implement are fantastic and legit made me feel nostalgic for the days of watching the show.
I think my favorite move by the sheer nature of not expecting it and "oh! I remember that!" is the stomp move. Absolutely hilarious implementation of that scene.
Also I know there's nothing else it could have realistically been, but the hot rod flames alt made me geek out a bit.

Wait, can we nominate on this one?
Lets get some of the more prominent names a little higher up

3x Tommy Pickles
2x Heffer

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well there's absolutely no shot he gets in before his son, so that's one thing.
Well **** LOL

Jenny Satisfaction: 90%

I just got done playing around with Jenny (and my guy Garfield, of course) and I gotta say she seems pretty fun. Her moves are all very unique, and there's some BIG-brain potential with that missile of hers. Of course, all the day 1 Jennies are just mashing down strong on ledge instead of doing any of her actually cool ****, but in time I think she'll stand out as a VERY flashy character. And of course she was super demanded and absolutely pleased a ton of people with her inclusion. I haven't even seen a lot of MLAATR, and I still think she's a great inclusion. Very cool, definitely adding her to my rotation of secondaries. (For bonus points, her stage is also really neat with how it inherits the artstyle of the show.)

10 noms to Sheen

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Jenny - 100%

Jenny is one of my most wanted characters alongside Jimmy and Timmy so you can imagine my reaction when I checked my phone during my lunch break today and saw the headlines. Not only that, but Hugh and Rocko announced too. Holy ****. Anyway, I got to play Jenny earlier. She's pretty fun. She has some ridiculous tools like her downwards beam that travels diagonally. That move gives Kazuya's beam some close competition. Her recovery is really good, and her block animation is hilarious. The stage is neat too with a lot of background detail and platforms that are constantly moving and changing the dynamic of the stage. Overall, they have done her justice. Her inclusion alone raises NASB to another level for me.

Noms: Josh and Parker x10

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Calculation time!
Albert
Chance: 0.10%
Want: 10.33%
Winner of predictions is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett , who correctly predicted 0.10%. You get 150 extra noms!!
Albert is now our least likely character, and the first member of the Less Likely Than Goku club.
Meltman
Chance: 3.83%
Want: 28%
Winner of predictions is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett , who predicted 6.12%. You get 5 more extra noms!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now, introducing our new Hall of Fame members!
Jenny Wakeman
88.17% Chance, 82.92% Want
Hugh Neutron
38.14% Chance, 50.80% Want
Rocko
96.49% Chance, 71.40% Want

Rocko and Jenny were our 2 most likely characters, and now they're in. Good job, everyone!
Hugh was a bit lower at 12th in Chance, mainly because we assumed that
Obviously, we'll get Jimmy as DLC first
But as it turns out, anything is possible, and we shouldn't let our memes be dreams.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Calculation time!
Albert
Chance: 0.10%
Want: 10.33%
Winner of predictions is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett , who correctly predicted 0.10%. You get 150 extra noms!!
Albert is now our least likely character, and the first member of the Less Likely Than Goku club.
Meltman
Chance: 3.83%
Want: 28%
Winner of predictions is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett , who predicted 6.12%. You get 5 more extra noms!
smiley.png

I'm lost for words.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Jenny Wakeman satisfaction: 100%
I didn't have Jenny as one of my most wanted like many people did. But I did enjoy what I watched of MLAATR, and Jenny was a very likeable protagonist. Her moveset and overall implementation is amazing, she looks and moves incredibly faithful to the source material and the moveset itself, on a purely gameplay standpoint, looks genius. There's a lot of fun looking tools that will surely lead to creative strategies or just plain mayhem. And of course, how can you ignore the fact that she was probably the most wanted character? So yeah, she's a home run and exactly the breath of life this game needed.

Now on these satisfaction days I'd like to do a little thing where I talk about who benefits from a character's reveal, to scratch that overzealous speculation itch. In the case of Jenny: I'd say she's the clearest case of fan demand being listened to (Rocko I'd say is more dev appeal and Hugh... we'll discuss Hugh on his day). The only one of the Big Four to come from a show that's more cult than outright hit, she required at least some licensing to add (since Frederator produced her show), and she was the first DLC character added (outside of Garfield and Shredder, who were planned for base game). The message is loud and clear: the devs are listening, and they're committed to deliver. So, who does that concretely benefit? It's hard to tell. Of course Timmy and Jimmy are still out there, but their cases are special, and there's a demand vacuum left behind in the wake (heh) of Jenny and Rocko. Now, we don't know how long the DLC will go on for, nor how it's planned (were all the characters planned in advance? In waves? Individually?) so whether feedback can be taken into account is up in the air. But if it is, Jenny's a great sign for whoever manages to take up that mantle of "popular character that isn't a shoe-in". To give a name (and maybe get the ball rolling), I think El Tigre fits the bill quite well. Moveset potential for days, beloved but not uber-successful show, growing demand. But really there are many other characters that fit the bill: that's what's cool about Jenny (well, one of many things), she opens a lot of doors.

Ah, the club is back. Puts a smile on my face to read that name again.

Oh and my noms go to Snap

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Jenny Wakeman

Satisfaction: 100% -
Where do I even BEGIN? Until Danny Phantom came along, My Life as a Teenage Robot was my favorite Nicktoon, and BOY did they represent her well! Everything about Jenny's kit is fantastic, and I got basically every reference, having seen every episode of the show as a kid! The entire kit is super fun to play around with, and she has a lot of similarities to Danny which isa huge plus! I also can't get enough of that grounded light down, such an unorthodox move yet so satisfying! She also has a jab combo with her grounded light neutral, which was definitely in short supply. And the alt was PERFECT! Hot Rod Jenny was exacly what I was hoping for as her alt, the reference is great and I LOVE red and orange! The devs really put a lot of love and care into designing her and it shows!

The stage is fantastic, too! They took cues from The Loud House (the stage) and did Jenny's stage in a similar style, and it looks straight out of the show! I love the different backgrounds, the little references like Tuck and Armegedroid, all of the locales like Jenny's High School and Mezmer's, and even the sheer variety of backdrops it provides! I also love dead inside Nora Wakeman controlling the stage, her un-emoting face honestly really adds to it! xD Really, all it needs is Brad and Sheldon and it'd be perfect! This is one of the most advanced stages the game has, that extra DLC budget is really being put to good use!

Jenny was an all-around fantastic way to kick things off, and knocks down one of the big requests right off the bat! It shows how receptive the devs are towards fans in contrast to Smash, and even if they're 90's kids they clearly put a lot of love into the content they made for Jenny. She's gonna get people talking about the game again, her DLC will sell well, and it'll lead to more DLC down the line, which is another huge plus! Great job, Ludocity, this one was a home run!

Nominations:
Mr. X x10

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Satisfaction: 100% Having spent most of the day testing her out, I can easily say that I am incredibly satisfied with how Jenny was done in All-Star Brawl! I love how they managed to perfectly take her original 2D design and translate it to a 3D game, I love how varied her moveset is, I love that her grab actually feels useful because it has much better range than the normal grab (albeit it's still somewhat slow and serves as an extend hitbox), I love how good her recovery is, I love how expressive she is, her stage is pretty decent, said stage's music absolutely slaps; she's so damn good!

I also love that her inclusion brings with it a spotlight on a severely underrated show that doesn't get a lot of attention nowadays; among my four favorite Nicktoons (Danny Phantom, Avatar, Invader Zim, and Teenage Robot), it was definitely the underdog, so it's great that the show gets the love and respect it deserves via the devs!

The devs definitely did her justice, and she was a great pick to kick off the proper DLC!

Nominations:
Tommy Pickles X5

D

Deleted member

Satisfaction: 98%
I'm just so happy to see new MLATR content in 2022. It's a neat show and it's really wholesome to see the fans get their wish. They even made her the first, headlining character of the DLC! How cool is that?? This, along with the inclusion of a certain duck loving patriarch, proves that Ludosity have their ears on the ground when it comes to what their fanbase want. In terms of the actual character, she looks great. They translated the style of the show to the game very well. And her stage especially looks beautiful. And most importantly the made her fun. She has all the tools you would want a robot girl to have. I'm not as hard-core a fan as some, so I may miss some of the references, but they've done a great job with her. I'm also very happy with what she represents. This means the likes of El Tigre and other underlooked Nicktoons have more of a chance.

Noms to Fanboy and Chum-Chum

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
she required at least some licensing to add (since Frederator produced her show)
20220514062621_1.jpg

The copyright information on the title screen is the same as before. Shouldn't it have changed to have something about Frederator, like how Smash added Atlus, SNK etc. copyrights to its own title screen?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
View attachment 352426
The copyright information on the title screen is the same as before. Shouldn't it have changed to have something about Frederator, like how Smash added Atlus, SNK etc. copyrights to its own title screen?
I’m not sure why the copyrights on the title screen didn’t change. Apart from Jenny being from Frederator, they didn’t add any info for Garfield, nor did they change the Viacom International at the start since the company is now called Paramount International.
I checked the credits in game to see if anything changed but I couldn’t find anything.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im gonna abstain on this one as im unlikely to buy her due to having never heard of her show until we talked about it here

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Jenny Satisfaction: 100%
Back when the game was first announced, one of my first thoughts was "I hope Jenny is playable." Unfortunately, the game released, and Jenny wasn't there. But thankfully I didn't have to wait too much longer, as she ended up being the first DLC character. Was the wait worth it? Heck yeah! She looks great. Her moveset is great. Her alt is great. She's super fun to play as. To top it all off, she has what is easily the best stage in the game, both in terms of layout and how it looks. I feel kinda sorry for the rest of the characters in the game, because most of my future playtime will be dedicated to playing as Jenny.
Noms: Josh & Parker x1, Snap x9
DAY OVER
Rate The Flesh from Action League Now! Predict Josh & Parker from Mr. Meaty.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Can a naked numbskull get a higher chance rating than his melted meathead matey? Stay tuned for the action-speculated conclusion of...Action League Now!
Chance: 10%.
Well, no he can't if I'm being realistic. He still has all the ups of being from KaBlam's most notable shorts, and the downs of how KaBlam has been treated in the nostalgia pandering department. Given his lack of any super-genitals, I doubt his super nudity is a problem provided they keep his other toyish details.

If an ALN rep is somehow considered, I think The Flesh might have the moveset advantage over Meltman in that his super-strength is actually shown off, usually by having him smack someone by accidentally swinging a person-sized tool. This'd make him more like Ike than Falcon/Ganon, and there certainly isn't a fighter on the roster with Ike's playstyle.

Want: 95%.
I hope this is the chance KaBlam finally gets represented in a Nicktoon game, AND I think he's the best choice for ALN.

D

Deleted member

Chance - 20%
I don't think an ALN rep is super likely. The Flesh is arguably the most fighting game ready of the main crew, being a traditional he-man style hulking superhero. But the big potential issue he has is his lack of clothes. It's not like he's got everything hanging out, but there's a small chance it could still be an issue. Even if there was to be an ALN rep it would probably be him or maybe Thundergirl. But I think we're more likely to get Henry & June if we get a Kablam rep at all.

Want -
Abstain. Never seen.

Noms to FanBoy and Chum-Chum

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
why are we rating something from dr who that hasnt been seen in 11 years?

no i will now stop pretending to get characters mixed up with others

abstain noms to sabrina

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The Flesh

Chance: 10% - Can't say I have much confidence in him. Whether or not his nudity would be an issue remains undertain, given that he's a toy, so I can see him getting away with it if they keep his toyish details. He does have the luxury of being essentially the flagship character of KaBlam's most notable series of shorts, so that does give him some notoriety. That and he's very clearly battle-ready, and his Ike-like playstyle would make him unique on the roster (though sadly the Melee-based gameplay may be too fast-paced for a style like that). Though at the same time, not only would Henry and June be more likely if we get a KaBlam rep at all (given Nick's track record with it in regards to nostalgia, and the licensing costs the show has behind it), but he isn't exactly requested either. So I wouldn't be putting money on him.

Want: 10% - Nothing against the guy, of course, I think his fighting style would be a breath of FLESH air for the game's roster! Still, I have little experience or attachment to his source material. I remember seeing it when I was five and just thinking "what the **** is this?", just like with the rest of KaBlam's shorts, and I didn't even remember the name until it was brought up again in this thread. That and if we did get a rep from KaBlam I'd rather just see a Henry/June duo character instead. The 90's also got loads of representation in the base game along with Rocko on the way, so that era really isn't a priority. And even with that aside, there's loads of characters I'd rather see get in first. So a unique pick but not one I'm that interested in.

Nominations:
Mr X. x10

Predictions:
Josh and Parker - 8.28% - Mr. Meaty was remembered but never the most popular or requested show, so I'm expecting decent scores for these two but nothing huge.

Aren't Miko; Bubble Bass; and Expired Cow all before Josh & Parker?
Josh & Parker (Mr. Meaty) x111
Miko x110
The Expired Cow (Fred) x105
Bubble Bass x105

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom