• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Blue prediction: 14.8%
She hasn't really got the corporate push for an older audience like Dora, but she does have nostalgia for the 2000s kids who are taking to this game.

whats that then?
A character from Action League Now, which was a show where they literally just threw around old action figures and fashion dolls. Began as skits on KaBlam.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
WHAT?!?!?!?
Okay, rewatching the clip, she didn't force anyone to wear an explosive collars. The explosive collar was a "hall pass" that was meant to go boom if they left The Skool.

I was probably mixing it up with another scene where she used a "crazy collar" to subdue a Dib that was having a nervous breakdown. That gets you beaten up and taken away by "white coats."

D

Deleted member

i dont know what action league now or kablam is but it sounds weird. none the less thank you for the answer
kablam.jpg

Kablam was an anthology show with cartoons in different styles. Action league now was one of the most popular.

i wasn't aware till now that Angela Anaconda was a Kablam show. When do we rate her?,

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 351021
Kablam was an anthology show with cartoons in different styles. Action league now was one of the most popular.

i wasn't aware till now that Angela Anaconda was a Kablam show. When do we rate her?,
im beginning to think I just didn’t Nickelodeon at all

although in retrospect I may have seen one episode of that ginger we were talking about the other day

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Some of these where probably more of an American thing tbh.
To be fair KaBlam has faded into obscurity over the years because Nick would have to relicense music for the opening and Henry and June's parts in order to keep rerunning it. Thankfully Viacom did bother relicensing things for Paramount+ but due to their unwillingness to relicense music previously causing the aforementioned fading into obscurity, they still don't think it's worth it to use their nostalgia pandering to remind you of Henry and June.

On the other hand, they do remind you of the anniversary of Action League Now...kind of, so it's not as neglected as the whole package.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
oh dam my notifications got messed up. I'll make this quick.

Bitter teacher

Chance: 1%

Ms. Bitters could become playable if the devs liked her supernatural abilities enough to prioritize her over the main cast. Otherwise she ain't happening. Ms. Bitters is just the teacher, I mean sure she is a recurring character but choosing her would be a very left field pick in my opinion. Over Gir, Gaz, and Dib? I doubt it.

Want: 1%

To be fair she does have some neat powers that could make her a fun character. Otherwise no, it would feel weird to have her and not the aforementioned main characters.

Gaz

Chance: 5%

She is an important character in the show, being Dib's sister, so she has a shot. The only concerns are competition, particularly with her brother and Gir, and the fact that I'm not that confident in Invader Zim getting a second rep. It's a show with a cult following so I would not be surprised if giving Invader Zim another character wouldn't be a high priority for the devs.

Want: 25%

Gaz is a good character. I enjoyed her back and forth dialogue with Dib. But I'm fine with Zim being on his own.

Prediction: Blue - 17%

Noms - Concept: Live Action characters x10

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Builder's League United
Chance: 15%.
Blue's Clues is the other beeeeeeeg Nick Jr. franchise that many generations of preschoolers could've watched. Unfortunately, the issue of Nick Jr's intended audience being too young for NASB is probably worse here, as while Dora has The Lost City of Gold which is more appropriate for E10+-rated shenanigans, Blue's Clues has no such equivalent. A certain highly popular video from last year does have Steve treat the viewer like they're an adult, but it's by having Steve assume the viewer has gone through college and is starting a family, it's no more violent or vulgar than your standard Blue's Clues fare. However, thanks to Blue's Clues debuting in the 90s, it might lean in to Ludosity's 90's nostalgia...but with their nostalgia including TMNT87, they might be too old to have grown up on it. (Except I do believe Thaddeus is one year younger than me, so...)

Want: 25%.
However, I will give Blue a higher want rating, because I had more time to grow up with her than Dora. Shout out goes to the Blue's Clues PC games, which helped introduce me to the wider range of Humongous Entertainment games.

Noms: Live Action X5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
abstain. not heard of this one. noms to sabrina

btw should i clearfy whether i mean the live action or cartoon version of leave it so it could be either?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Bloo (no, not that one)
Chance: 10%

I consider her chances to be about on par with Dora's. Blue's Clues may not being going through the massive IP expansion that Dora currently is, but Blue seems to be slightly more demanded than Dora is for a prospective Nick Jr. rep, so I think that roughly balances it out. That said, I'm not really expecting a Nick Jr. rep in the first place since it just wouldn't appeal to this game's target audience and the Nick Jr. crowd wouldn't be able to play this game anyway.

Want: 10%

I have slightly fonder memories of Blue's Clues than I do of Dora (Steve is my GOAT), so I'm willing to bump her score up a little bit. That said, I'd prefer we not do Nick Jr. characters until next game at best.

Motu Prediction: 0.89%
This is a pick who would only really appeal to one country in the whole wide world, one where I'm not sure if NASB even has much of a presence. HARD doubt on this one.

Noms to Bubble Bass

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
BLUE SKIDOOS INTO THE FRAY
Chance: 30%

Blues Clues was the Nick Jr show before Dora came along. It was, no exaggeration, everywhere. Lasting 10 years (11 counting Blue's Room) and just getting a revival that's doing gangbusters right now, enough that it's getting a big budget movie. Blue was also one of those characters back in the day that crossed lines between Nick and Nick Jr. Blues Clues characters appeared for huge Nick channel wide crossover stuff like the Kids Choice Awards, and I swear I recall a Blues Clues special getting a prime time evening slot. It felt like a show slightly older kids could watch without being judged for it, at least to me.

Blue being a preschool show character in a "violent" game understandably might hold her back a bit, but given how Blue is both a nostalgic character for at least two generations of adults AND a hit with the kids right now, both in a way that feels a bit more genuine than Dora (I always felt her support for this game had a hint of irony to it) I think Blue could have a valid shot of being the Nick Jr representative if Nick isn't comfortable having The Shredder kick the **** out of Dora. That however is an if. We don't know if Nick Jr characters are in the cards, but if any are, it'd absolutely be Blue and/or Dora.

Want: 95%

Blue would make an amazing character, man. Blue is one of those characters that feels so very "Nickelodeon" and would fit in great with her other fellow 90's characters. I can see her smacking paw prints onto opponents and it acting like the Lip's Stick flowers causing damage as it stays. Using some of the other characters as assists like Tickety Tock and Mailbox. Maybe some kind of Phoenix Wright deal where she racks up "Clues" to use a stronger version of one of her specials. Also it's worth mentioning the time she did this.

1650912399203.png

Plus Blue is a character I have a whole lot of nostalgia and fondness for. One of the very earliest characters I ever loved. Her and Steve were like friends to me.

That 5% off? I'd never be able to bring myself to actually hit her!

Noms
Put them all on Stick Stickly

Motu prediction: 0%

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

EuY2tOZXYAgGpH_.jpg

15%
As said in my Dora write up. If there is a Nick JR rep, which I don't think is particularly likely, it's gonna be an older character. They're not gonna let you smack around one of the paw patrol dogs. But this dog? She has legacy in her favor. Blue's Clues is a show that is aware of it's fanbase, as seen by things like the tear inducing viral video from last year or the upcoming crososver between the three Steves. Its not just a retro show though. A new show, Blue's Clues and You, has been airing since 2019 and seems to be doing well. So she has appeal to both kids and legacy audiences. Don't think she's super likely. But I wouldn't be completely surprised if someone on the team pushed for her.

Want - 90%
I LOVED Blue's Clues growing up. There is a tiny part of me that wouldn't want to beat up Blue. But this game is light and fun e out that it wouldn't be a big deal. The moveset potential is too good to pass up. There's a lot in the show to work with.

Noms to Fanboy and Chum-Chum.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Blue

Chance: 20% -
I'd say that Blue definitely has the leg up on Dora! While she isn't undergoing the same IP expansion that Dora is, she has WAY more fan demand! Blue's Clues is the longest running Nick Jr. Show, even undergoing a modern (but faithful) reboot! Multiple generations have grown up with the show, and unlike Dora it gets lot of respect from teenagers and adults who grew up with it. Watching Blue's Clues is seen as a fun nostalgic activity and not a immature thing like Dora would be. Plus Blue's 90's, and some of the devs grew up during that time, so it plays into the 90's nostalgia!

So why the lower score? Firstly, we don't know how much of a role Viacom Corporate plays in pushing for particular roster choices. Like with Clyde and Dora, it really depends on if they can push certain characters onto the devs. Even if they haven't been going for the adult market for Blue they do push her by far the most when it comes to marketing nostalgic Nick Jr. shows. The other factor depends on how much DLC we get, and if there's room for a Nick Jr. character at all. I'm not confident in us getting a Nick Jr. Character since the game's clearly focusing in the regular Nicktoons. Still, if they DO decide to go for Nick Jr. then Blue is definitely the pick. She's a crowd pleaser!

Want: 50% - Definitely having mixed opinions right now! On one hand, I LOVED Blue's Clues and have plenty of history with Blue, growing up with her just like a lot of people did! Her show was always so cozy and charming, and the historical impact is has had on so many generations has MORE than earned Blue a spot on the roster! She's the longest-running Nick Jr. show, and has had a much bigger impact than Dora has. On the other hand, I have other priorities right now, and I'd rather see some more regular Nick shows get in before we start dipping into Nick Jr. Nonetheless, if Blue were DLC I'd be more than happy to see her!

Nominations:
Luan Loud x15
Tak x60

Predictions:
Motu - 2.55% - His show is only popular in India and doesn't have much fan demand so I'm not expecting any high scores at all. Though his show also has plenty of meme power, so I can see that giving him a little boost nonetheless!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
BLUE SKIDOOS INTO THE FRAY
Chance: 30%

Blues Clues was the Nick Jr show before Dora came along. It was, no exaggeration, everywhere. Lasting 10 years (11 counting Blue's Room) and just getting a revival that's doing gangbusters right now, enough that it's getting a big budget movie. Blue was also one of those characters back in the day that crossed lines between Nick and Nick Jr. Blues Clues characters appeared for huge Nick channel wide crossover stuff like the Kids Choice Awards, and I swear I recall a Blues Clues special getting a prime time evening slot. It felt like a show slightly older kids could watch without being judged for it, at least to me.

Blue being a preschool show character in a "violent" game understandably might hold her back a bit, but given how Blue is both a nostalgic character for at least two generations of adults AND a hit with the kids right now, both in a way that feels a bit more genuine than Dora (I always felt her support for this game had a hint of irony to it) I think Blue could have a valid shot of being the Nick Jr representative if Nick isn't comfortable having The Shredder kick the **** out of Dora. That however is an if. We don't know if Nick Jr characters are in the cards, but if any are, it'd absolutely be Blue and/or Dora.

Want: 95%

Blue would make an amazing character, man. Blue is one of those characters that feels so very "Nickelodeon" and would fit in great with her other fellow 90's characters. I can see her smacking paw prints onto opponents and it acting like the Lip's Stick flowers causing damage as it stays. Using some of the other characters as assists like Tickety Tock and Mailbox. Maybe some kind of Phoenix Wright deal where she racks up "Clues" to use a stronger version of one of her specials. Also it's worth mentioning the time she did this.

View attachment 351214

Plus Blue is a character I have a whole lot of nostalgia and fondness for. One of the very earliest characters I ever loved. Her and Steve were like friends to me.

That 5% off? I'd never be able to bring myself to actually hit her!

Noms
Put them all on Stick Stickly

Motu prediction: 0%
oh so thats blue

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Blue

Chance - 2.5% - I think that while she may be slightly more popular with the current crowed, the fact that she hasn't made an attempt to branch out into the older demographics in content seems like the higher-ups might be even more hesitant than usual to greenlight her as a fighter. I'm not certain letting a Nick Jr. show fight is something they would be comfortable with.

Want - 40% - Similar to Dora, it's not something I'm that interested in. I'd rather have someone else.

Predictions

Motu - 0.02% - This show is practically a non-entity.

Nominations

Olmec's Temple X5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Dog leaves tracks everywhere, drives owner insane

Chance: 16.666%
Blue's Clues needs no introduction right? It's known the world over, educating kids on... police work? I don't remember if it actually taught anything, but I assume it did since it's one of those "speak to the audience" type shows. I'm speaking in the past tense, but if I'm getting this right, the show is actually still ongoing. So you have several generations of children that have grown up/are growing up with it. There's definitely an audience for it. While it is probably an IP that adults are less embarrassed about being interested in than the likes of Dora and Paw Patrol (it stars a live action adult and a non-speaking cartoon dog instead of cartoon children and talking animals), Nick has done little to attempt to capture said audience unlike with Dora. There's that "Blue's Clues: No Way Home" crossover with the three Steves, but that doesn't compare to Dora's big push with the live action movie and upcoming TV show. On the other hand, if kids getting beat up is an issue (and we have reason to believe it might be), then Blue is in a much better place than the explorer girl. The pups of Paw Patrol fit the bill too, but they're also a new IP with zero appeal to an adult demographic, so I dunno if they're a fit with NASB - it probably hinges on whether Nick actually cares about the game's specific audience or just wants to shove their big IPs in hopes that it casts a wider net.

This kind of spiraled into an analysis of Nick Jr. content in general, but yeah, truth is, we don't know where they land on that. It might be off limits, it might not be. If it's kosher, then I think Dora has the upper hand because Nick is really trying to turn it into an all ages, multimedia franchise. But don't underestimate the demand for Blue (or the sheer moneymaking potential of Paw Patrol - someone should probably nominate that).

Want: 100%
Yeah I liked the show as a kid. I think Steve would probably be a more interesting fighter but live action actors are a whole other can of worms so I'd be fine with Blue. I'm also just finding out Blue's a female, so that's neat.

Noms: The Flesh
Prediction: everyone's going with 0% so I'ma try and steal with a 1%. No idea who this is

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Blue and Steve: Get A Clue

Chance: 20%

The major thing is we don't know if Nick Jr. characters are on the board. But for this rating I'm going to assume they probably are. So will Blue get added? Maybe. She is still being targeted towards very young little kids unlike Dora who is slowly trying to appeal to older kids. But what gives Blue the edge is that her show is a little more older than Dora's, meaning that Blue's Clues might appeal to the devs nostalgia. Not to mention the IP is still going, meaning it appeal to multiple generations.

Overall, I would place her chances as the same as Dora. Except I gave Dora a 30% which I feel is a tad high so I lowered this score a bit.

Want: 70%

Blue is absolutely adorable and like many others I grew up with Blue's Clues. And unlike Dora I enjoyed Blue's show. I don't remember much from it, but I do remember getting more entertainment out of it and I found it to be charming. So while I do have bigger priorities at the moment with getting Jimmy, Timmy, and Jenny in the game, I would be very happy with Blue. Just writing this brings back pleasant memories.

Prediction: Motu - 0.90%

Noms: Live Action characters x10

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Gaz Membrane
Chance: 7.92%
Want: 41.17%
Winner of predictions is DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 , who predicted 8%. You get 100 extra noms!
Ms. Bitters
Chance: 2.10%
Want: 22.08%
Winner of predictions is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett , who predicted 2%. You Also get 100 extra noms!

I just want to point out that 6 of the last 7 characters we have rated have had someone predict their chance scores within 0.1%. How does this keep happening
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstaining from Blue.
Motu prediction: 0.15%
Noms: Snap x5
DAY OVER
Rate Motu from Motu Patlu, predict Stick Stickley.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Motu

1651124256453.png

Chance: 0%
Want: Abstain

No idea who this guy is. I haven't even seen any memes of him until this thread, I might have seen a Youtube thumbnail like,,, once?
Guy may be famous in India, but in the west, he's virtually unknown, which is a problem for him since the west is the target audience.

He looks like if Jay Sherman was in that Pakistan McDonalds Sonic toy commercial.

Stick Stickly Prediction: 35%

Noms
3x Norbert
2x Movie Sonic

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

5d7.jpg

Chance - 0.5
A show that's pretty much only popular in India. It's huge over there, getting two spin-offs and apparently multiple movies. But considering the devs are western and this game's fanbase seems to be too. I can't see much reason why they would include this guy. Unless the game has some huge Indian fanbase I'm unaware if. Don't see it.

Want - abstain. Never seen.

Noms for fanboy and Chum Chum

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Winner of predictions is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett , who predicted 2%. You Also get 100 extra noms!
Oh my GOD I need to stop being right about things. I'm running out of stupid characters to nominate.

is this what the kids call a "mee-may"
Chance: 0%

Aside from the odd meme, this show's basically only known in India, which apparently it's like some Simpsons-tier craze over there or something? That said, though, it's basically a non-entity everywhere else, and unlike cases like Hero in Smash where regional popularity actually helps them, none of the companies involved with this game are based in or around that region and they're clearly trying to appeal to a Western audience anyway. As such, I don't expect this show to get a character for this game or even any prospective sequels. Unless NASB suddenly gains a HUGE following in India to the point that it warrants a pick pandering to them specifically, I don't see it.

Want: Abstain

Literally didn't know this show existed until I googled it for the sake of this rating, therefore I cannot comment whatsoever.

Stick Stickly Prediction: 12.6%
I REALLY don't know enough about this character to comment on what his chances are like, so maybe that means I'll stop winning predictions for a change.

20 noms to Albert, 40 noms to Bubble Bass, and whatever's left goes to Sheen.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Indian shenanigans

Chance: 0.1%

So instead of just repeating the others' points, I want to go over if Motu could count as a Terry-tier pick. After all on the surface he seems to be in the same spot as Terry with him being wildly popular and successful in a certain territory, correct? Well that ain't true. For one, in my research I was having a hard time finding out if Motu Patlu ever aired in the U.S. From what I saw, it didn't air at all although you can watch it in certain places like Amazon Video and Netflix...with the caveat of only English subs which alone aliantes a good portion of kids. So yeah that means that at most, Motu's popularity in the West is very niche.

At least with Terry his games were decently popular outside of Latin America and they certainly had more of an impact in foreign countries than Motu Patlu has ever had. Not to mention there is that Sakurai bias which whether or not you believe in it is a factor. Now when it comes to the NASB devs, it's hard to see them being biased toward Motu when A. He's very obscure in the West and B. His show came out in 2012.

So in a nutshell, unless if NASB grows wildly popular in India to the point where it's worth giving India a character that panders to them (pretty much exclusively), then Motu has no chance.

Want: 5%

For the sake of them having want scores to calc, I decided to watch an episode...or at least I tried to. Nope, I have no interest in this at all. The most I can say is that I can respect it for having enough success to the point where it has 1,048 episodes across 13 seasons. That's an achievement right there, but not one I have any stake in.

Prediction - Stick Stickly: 5% (He does have a few merits but all things considered I see him getting very low scores from most people here)

As for noms....holy scoundrel that is a lot of noms. Let's see, I'll do: Live Action characters x40 (10 noms for this rating + 30 extra noms. I want to save the rest for later)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
MOTU AUR PATLUUUUU KI JODIIIIIIIIIII!!!!

cuphead motupatlu.png

Motu

Chance: 5% -
I know I'm rolling a bit high on this one! Motu-Patlu is basically Nick India's equivalent to Spongebob, while the Sponge himself gets only 4 timeslots a week over there. Over 1,000 episodes and 13 seasons is nothing to scoff at either, and the characters are beloved over in their home country. Motu even has plenty of moveset potential, having seen one of the movies he can actually hit extremely hard, especially after downing some samosas! Basically an Indian Popeye!

Though at the same time, Motu has a lot of caveats. None of that popularity has bled into the West, none of the devs involved are in/from India, and the game is clearly going for a Western audience, so that's the fatal flaw that really holds Motu back. As a result of this, there's little to no fan demand (though a lot of people might not know that it's a Nick show). Granted, the movies and such ARE available in the West on platforms such as Netflix, but only subtitled, so there isn't any marketability to the kid demographic here. The show is owned by Nick, but is adapted from a comic strip titled Lotpot, so there could potentially be a rights tangle there (unless Nick has the rights to these specific depictions of the characters rather than just the show)

However, there's one thing that Motu does have on his side: Meme power. Motu and his friend Patlu have had no shortage of meme appearances to the point where they're reasonably well-known to Western internet users despite little exposure to the show (the De Se Dab commercial likely introducing a lot of people to it). Hell, judging by all of the images being posted here alone, a show completely unknown to the rest of the world wouldn't get THAT kind of attention. It shows that, even if people aren't into the show itself, plenty of people are in it for the meme, and we all know how much the devs LOVE their memes.

According to TV Tropes it was also apparently the 4th most searched show in China in 2018 based on Google data.

So Motu is greatly held back by his popularity being confined to India, though if Motu were to gain more fan demand (or Nick tries to push for him to extend the game to the Indian audience) I think he'd be a genuine contender for a dark horse pick!

Want: 80% - Other priorities and required lynchpins aside, it would be hilarious in so many ways to see Motu on the roster! Motu Patlu has been the source of inside jokes for my friends and I since 2014, so I have plenty of history with him! The show even got me to try samosas, and I have to say they are very delicious! Motu has a lot of potential for funny moves and gimmcks, and their stage would have some surprisingly catchy music to boot! So while I think some of the Big Four need to get in first, Motu would definitely be a hilarious pick for later in the DLC!

Nominations:
Luan Loud x10

Predictions:
Stick Stickly - 2.58% - This guy's a deep cut, so even with 90's bias I don't see him getting prioritized at all. So not expecting confident scores.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Whatever this is

Double zeroes. It's certainly no small feat to be the most popular cartoon in India. There's a lot of people in India, so that means a lot of viewers, which means a large fandom. However NASB is a global product and it's not yet in a place where it can take big regional swings - they have bigger priorities. If we had word that NASB has a huge Indian fanbase that could be pandered to, that would be one thing, but otherwise there's no reason. Add the fact that it's not even technically a Nick IP and might require licensing, and this is a no-hoper, probably forever.

I had never heard of this show before today, I have no attachment to it nor any interest in watching any of it. If it's a meme, I'm not aware of it either. But I watch too much garbage animation to consider it funny or meme-worthy. Hard pass.

Noms: the Flesh

Sticky Stickman or whatever prediction: I have no idea who this is. 1%

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Motu

Chance - 0% - There is a remarkably large chance the developers aren't even aware of this character's existence. Due to being more or less exclusive to one region, I don't think that they have the fanbase for this game to get in. I know that the developers are meme lords, but I think they know when they have their place, and right now this joke of a DLC character won't cut it, especially when the game needs the push to stay around.

Want - 0% - I have no interest in pure meme picks. They should at least have something going for them, and this ain't it.

Predictions

Stick Stickly - 0.01% - Technically eligible, but highly unlikely overall.

Nominations

Olmec's Temple X5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hey, Stickly Man, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT are you doing?
Chance: 10%.

Stick Stickly's Nick in the Afternoon block lasted for five years, those years cover Ludosity's nostalgic years, and during said five years, Stickly was also the host of Nickelodeon 3D Movie Maker (AKA the same reason why you can spot locations from Rocko's Modern Life and Aaahh!!! Real Monsters in some 3D Movie Maker videos like Rat Movie 2 and The Blue Shell Incident) and got two TV specials. And for that matter, Stickly made his return in NickRewind's earlier days. For that I would indeed consider Stickly a Nickelodeon all-star.

And that's where the positives end. Even as someone you should know about if you watched 90's Nick (or The 90's Are All That), Stickly still has the issue of...being a popsicle stick, making it hard to conceive a wide variety of poses for him. It could help if he summons a lot of objects, but there's still things like crouching to worry about. I'm not sure if having him temporarily bent or broken would be that in-character, so I doubt that's a solution to the stiffness of a popsicle stick.

Want: 25%.
I mean sure he's a funny character, I just would rather have...characters with limbs. And for that matter, when I was born meant I'd have more memories of watching Henry and June take over Stickly's role than the stick himself. And speaking of which...

Noms: Henry and June X5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yep, he's a stick alright

Chance: 15%

Nelson gave Stickly a pretty good summary. He is not only in the nostalgic range, but he's even had some recent appearances like being the host for a 2016 event where audiences could ask to play certain shows (U-Pick it was called). For real, this guy does have some merits. But I do agree that him being a stick really limits his moveset potential. Like the amount of mental gymnastics that the devs would need to conceive a halfway decent moveset is probably enough to turn them off from Stickly. It's not impossible, but Stickly does have an uphill battle.

Edit: I bumped up my rating from 5 to 15 due to LimeTH LimeTH 's writeup. Apparently he's pretty well requested and Ludosity seems to be aware of his demand. While I'm still hung up on the moveset part, having a lot of demand certainly helps.

Want: 15%

I don't remember much about him. From what I researched I agree that I think he has the merits to be considered a Nickelodeon All Star. Him being an announcer certainly makes him stand out. But I can't shrug the feeling that they just wouldn't be able to make him work and I'd rather them not force him in, in that case.

Prediction - Another Loud House sister: 18%

Noms: Live Action characters x40 (10 noms for this writeups + 30 extra noms)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom