• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm seeing double here. Four SpongeBob characters!
Chance: 0%.
I really, really doubt they are even making one more DLC character, from any show whatsoever. Which already makes me think they wouldn't make two, let alone two from the same show.

Want: Abstain
Although I will say that wanting every single newcomer to be from a new show might be fruitless, considering how there's various Nicktoons games which only contain content from 3-5 shows, Toybots' Master Models and MLB's loading screen cameos are the exception and not the rule, and NKR3 didn't add as many new shows as NKR2. I'm holding on to the belief that this means shows have to be licensed individually.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them!

Chance: 1%

Now this is an interesting conversation. I'm confident in us getting at least one Spongebob rep in the DLC cycle (assuming there is a still a cycle happening), but two? That's a different story altogether. In my eyes for that to happen we would need 2 more passes. I doubt any series, even Spongebob, would get two reps in the same pass (Again, saying that brought back flashbacks). But considering there has been next to no major announcements for months now, I'd be kind of surprised if we even get one more pass. I just don't think there is room for this concept to happen within this first game.

Want: 10%

As much I like Spongebob, this concept implies we would have at least 5 reps for this game. Now yes it would make sense for this series to be the first to reach 5 reps, but I just don't want it to happen yet. I would like us to get at least a few more Nicktoons staples and smaller picks before giving any single series this much attention.

Prediction: Papa Smurf - 4.50%

Noms: DLC clone characters x10

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
2+ Spongebob Characters

Chance - 1.25% - It could happen, as Spongebob is easlly the most popular and relevant show Nick ever has and will continue to be a cash cow for the foreseable future. The cast of Spongebob could easily add two more and still not exaush the number of ones people want. The problem that that overall, people want more franchise to get more attention first, and outside of a few outliers SpongeBob is seen as in an acceptable place.

Want - 40% - I do have a few pet picks for Spongebob. That said, overall I'd rather have other franchise take the spotlight first.

Predictions

Papa Smurf - 1.23% - Not a Nicktoon at the moment.

Nominations

Donnie Thornberry x5

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I missed the last one due to being on a trip, but I would have abstained from PM GHZ anyway.

COMING UP NEXT: SPONGEBOB. FOLLOWED BY: MORE SPONGEBOB. ON NICK
Chance: 15%
Want: 5%

This one feels a lot more likely for a sequel and if the leaks are real, it actually is.
If there's more DLC coming for this game, it feels likely we'll get A Spongebob character, but there's no guarantee we'll get two. The devs seemed more focused on adding characters from shows that were yet unrepresented, and if I'm honest, I'd rather they do that too.

Noms for Purple and Brown.

Papa Smurf: 25%

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

THE LEADERBOARD + HALL OF FAME
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concept: 2 or More Spongebob characters as DLC
Chance: 4.37%
Want: 51%

Winner is Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario with 5%! You get 50 Extra noms!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DaUsername: 502
Baysha: 10
Darkonedagger: 140
Ze Diglett: 55
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 225
Wario Wario Wario: 50
--------------------------

Alvin & The Chipmunks x88
Concept: Music DLC x87
Biggie Cheese x81
Purple & Brown x79
Donnie Thornberry x75
Bunsen x65
Concept: More alt costumes x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo) x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Rango x55
Concept: Promotional pick x50
Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x35
Concept: Glitch Techs Rep x35
Concept: Cel-shaded graphics in NASB 2 x35
Terrytoons representation x31
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x31
Ickis x30
Danger Mouse x30
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Mork (Mork and Mindy) x25
Concept: Camp Koral and/or Patrick Show representation x23
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Edgar and Ellen x20
Concept: DLC Clone Characters x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
Concept: Non-80's TMNT representation x15
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x15
Asami Sato x15
Phoebe Heyerdahl x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x13
Swiper x13
David the Gnome x10
Monkey (Monkey Quest) x10
Nosferatu (SpongeBob) x10
Mighty Mouse x10
Vicky x10
Captain MooBeard x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Johnny Knoxville x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Asami Sato x10
Gnorm Gnat x9
Middle School Moguls rep x5

DAY OVER

Rate Papa Smurf

Predict Sam Manson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Papa Smurf

Chance: 5% - The Smurfs were recently signed into a deal with Paramount to have Nick Movies produce feature films for them. While we haven't gotten any big promotional picks, Nick DOES like to flex their new acquisitions. It's one of the reasons why we got Garfield, after all! However, the big difference here is the Nick does not own the Smurfs, it's more of a Big Nate sort of situation. The deal is also too new, unless the devs accounted for it in a possible sequel I doubt it happened in time for a possible next DLC pass. Finally, little to no fan demand, especially with so many Nick superstars left to add. I don't think I've even seen anyone request the Smurfs.

Want: 20% - I have a friend who really likes The Smurfs, so I'd be happy for her, but aside from that I have no attechment to The Smurfs. He'd be kinda funny, but there's way too many other characters I'd rather see.

Nominations:
Purple and Brown x10

Predictions:
Sam Manson - 2.64% - While there is a LOT of demand to get another Danny Phantom rep, I do not see confident cores due to her much more popular inter-series competition.

Papa Smurf
Chance: 4%
Yes, there is the 2021 reboot, and yes, there is a Smurfs movie from Nickelodeon themselves. But I'm not considering this a likely decision. Also, that reboot could have been distributed by Sony, due to how it resembles Smurfs: The Lost Village in its design, so there's that to ponder about.

Want: 20%
I'd rather have Papa Smurf for MultiVersus, due to the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon, than I would have him for NASB. The 80s show just had a bigger impact than you'd expect out of fantastical European creatures that literally have a Haribo deal.

Michael Eisner is kicking himself for not going the extra mile here. End of discussion.

Sam Manson: 2%
There's a significant chance that Danny Phantom is all we need to represent the show. But even if a second character is an option, there's literally all of Danny's rogues gallery to contend with, especially Plasmius and Ember. Unfortunately, I doubt she has a chance.

Nominations:
David the Gnome x5
Monkey (Monkey Quest) x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Captain MooBeard x5
Johnny Knoxville x5

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Wise Papa Smurf, corrupted by his own power! CAN NO LEADER GO UNTAINTED?!

Nick's got the movie rights to The Smurfs now, but they don't totally own the IP, so anything goes here. It might be too soon, or they might not even have the ability to use Papa Smurf in the game despite having the movie rights. Also there's always the possibility they might want to use another character like Smurfette.
It would be pretty funny to have a Smurf just to continue the trend of 80's Saturday morning characters getting in alongside the Nicktoons.

Sam Manson: 15%.

Noms for Purple and Brown

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Papa: 6%
Nick have been trying really hard to push the Smurfs lately - but they also don't own the Smurfs either. I think that if we do get a guest it will be something like Papa or Big Nate that Nick are currently trying to push, but even then, the Nick games' budget just doesn't really allow for guests. Additionally, there's a lot of competition for just how to represent the Smurfs - a lot of Smurfs games have you play as a regular non-named Smurf, Smurfette is just as popular as Papa, and their whole deal is that there's a lot of them so a team could be due.

All noms for Dr. Hutchison.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Papa Smurf
Chance: 7.5%

Winner is M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye with 6%! You get 25 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Wario Wario Wario: 50

Alvin & The Chipmunks x88
Biggie Cheese x81
Donnie Thornberry x75
Bunsen x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Rango x55
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x41
Ickis x30
Danger Mouse x30
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Edgar and Ellen x20
Concept: DLC Clone Characters x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
Asami Sato x15
David the Gnome x15
Monkey (Monkey Quest) x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Phoebe Heyerdahl x15
Johnny Knoxville x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Swiper x13
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Asami Sato x10
Gnorm Gnat x9

DAY OVER

Rate Sam Manson

Predict Purple & Brown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam Manson

Chance: 2% -
There's a LOT of demand to get another rep for Danny Phantom, and that's no jest! Though would that second character really be Sam? You see very few requests for her, and her competition is full of the much MUCH more in-demand ghosts who all have instant combat potential. She has to contend with Ember McLain (fan demand), Skulker (unused announcer call, showing devs covering his base), and Vlad (who has both, and is one of the show's most popular characters). That is NOT a good position to be in. her being very controversial among the show's fans does not help. Her only advantage is that she was previously playable in one of the 2000's era Nicktoons crossover games, but so were Vlad and even Technus, so it's hardly a point in her favor.

Want: 1% - Only because Danny would FINALLY get another rep and not be stuck by himself yet again (and because I really like goths). But aside from that, no thanks. I didn't really mind her THAT much as a kid, but as an adult and rewatching the show, I found her to be extremely irritating at times. She was moody, preachy, hypocritical, and selfish, yet the writers sided with her and expected the viewer to do the same. While she can still be a good friend, and had a decent amount of positive moments as well, she overall left a bad taste in my mouth, and even though I want more Danny Phantom reps there's just way better choices.

Nominations:
Danger Mouse x10

Predictions:
Purple and Brown - 1.77% - While there's little fan demand for them, which holds them back, they are recognizable to NASB's core audience at least.

Last edited:
The Older Goth Chick
Chance: 5%
Sam Manson, huh? While she is a prominent character in the show, and Danny Phantom has the fan demand to earn a second character further down the line, maybe pick one of the ghosts instead. I mean, Vlad is the main antagonist, Ember McLain makes 2000s kids horny, and even Box Ghost has some charm to him. Plus, we have Lucy Loud, whose moveset sounds like the kind of stuff a playable Sam would just copy to an extent.

I haven't seen the show. However, from what I've seen of others and their opinions, I feel like my want score is the most realistic over-rating we're gonna see here. Besides, Sam could work better as a third Danny Phantom rep, but I don't think that'll happen until the fourth game. Don't hold your breath,

Predictions:
Purple and Brown: 0.5%
There are probably better picks for Nicktoons Network originals, or even Nickelodeon interstitials in general. I can think of five characters in those two categories combined who would be bigger names than these two.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Jane Margolis
Chance: 0.5%
As a non-Danny Phantom fan I do think there are a lot of cool side characters they could go for. The thing with Sam is that she doesn't really have anything that puts her on top of the pecking order in terms of moveset potential. Like it or not, the focus for NASB is creating a fast, fluid, and fun competitive fighting game that also works as an equally fun casual party game. And in platform fighters, usually you don't want to give a character too many disjointed moves (Min Min in Smash being a perfect example of how not to do this). From what I read on the Danny Phantom wiki, it seems like Sam doesn't have any superpowers of her own, and would either have to rely on using Fenton tech in her moveset, or being a somewhat vanilla character that you could get with pretty much anyone else. For this reason, I do not see the devs going for her specifically. All of this is without even saying that we still don't have a FOP character yet, so when looking at Butch Hartman's shows that should be the priority. While on the topic of Hartman's shows, I'd say Kitty Katswell beats Sam in all categories - moveset potential, recognizability, fan request, even simp factor.

Want: 2%
At this point in the game/series lifespan, I feel no desire for another Danny Phantom character. I love every character in Nick Brawl, though, so I wouldn't be upset if she got in because I know they would do her justice as with anyone. Ask me again after FOP has gotten a character or two and I might rate my want higher.

Noms to Johnny Knoxville

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Big Ghostly Goth GF
Want: 30%

I feel like if it came between what the fans would want, want Ludosity would want, and what Nick would want, Sam doesn't seem THAT unrealistic a pick. Like, if they let Nick pick the secondary DP character, I wouldn't doubt they pick Sam, due to her having at least two separate playable appearances in Nicktoons crossover games. Whenever there's another DP character there, it's Sam. Her being such a prominent character in the show and fairly popular besides might make Nick decide to push for her over a villain character.
That said, there's no real fan demand for her, and Ludosity seems more likely to want to go with one of the ghost villains over Sam. I think she's more likely than people give her credit for, but not by that much,
I'm not much of a DP fan but I like goth girls so whatever, I'd be cool with her getting in.

Purple and Brown: 10000000000% okay for real, 2%

Noms for Asami Sato

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sam

Chance: 7%

It's true that Sam has had several appearances in past crossover games so she does have some merits to her. But I just don't see her happening, honestly. It's clear to me that the devs are prioritizing fan demand and moveset potential and several other characters from the show overshadow her in those regards. It doesn't help either that her reputation in the fanbase isn't the greatest either.

Want: 1%

I did watch a good amount of Danny Phantom when I was younger so I would like to see the series get another rep eventually. The thing is Sam just doesn't appeal to me. I don't remember disliking her, but when you have a cast that includes Vlad and other cool ghosts, she does come off as a bit of an underwhelming choice to me.

Prediction: 6% (These two are fairly well known so I can see them getting some halfway decent scores)

Noms: DLC clone characters x5

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Sam

It's true that Sam has had several appearances in past crossover games so she does have some merits to her. But I just don't see her happening, honestly. It's clear to me that the devs are prioritizing fan demand and moveset potential and several other characters from the show overshadow her in those regards. It doesn't help either that her reputation in the fanbase isn't the greatest either.

Want: 1%

I did watch a good amount of Danny Phantom when I was younger so I would like to see the series get another rep eventually. The thing is Sam just doesn't appeal to me. I don't remember disliking her, but when you have a cast that includes Vlad and other cool ghosts, she does come off as a bit of an underwhelming choice to me.

Prediction: 6% (These two are fairly well known so I can see them getting some halfway decent scores)

As a longtime fan of Danny Phantom, I'm curious: what's this about the fanbase disliking Sam?

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
As a longtime fan of Danny Phantom, I'm curious: what's this about the fanbase disliking Sam?
I wouldn't say she's disliked, but she's a very polarizing character among fans. She's very hit or miss.

I'm a longtime fan as well, it was my favorite show as a kid! :3

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sam: 7%
So, people hate this character, right? She's a pushy vegan or something? And looking at the wiki, it appears she doesn't actually have any ghost powers? Sure, you could bring up April, but none of the main 80s TMNT characters (at least from a very quick check on the wiki) have any kind of magic abilities. I can't really see any reason she'd be prioritised beyond sidekick heirarchy.

I don't think her history of use in the THQ games really means anything, different publisher; different developer; different decade; so forth. If Jimmy - the character who was basically the MC of Unite, regardless of Bob's prominence on the box - wasn't prioritised despite a lack of legal issues, I doubt they're really giving that much mind to Nick crossover history.

That being said, I guess I'll give her a bit extra on virtue of being a main character from a show with high demand for more content.

Chewing Character prediction: 0%
Aren't Purple & Brown owned by Aardman?

30 noms for Dr. Hutchison, the rest for Lester Roquefort - AKA The Cheese.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Sam Manson
Chance: 6.08%
Want: 10.8%

Winner is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with 2.64%! I get 5 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DrifloonEmpire: 5

Biggie Cheese x81
Donnie Thornberry x75
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x71
Bunsen x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Rango x55
Danger Mouse x40
Lester "The Cheese" Roquefort x30
Ickis x30
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Asami Sato x25
Concept: DLC Clone Characters x25
Johnny Knoxville x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Edgar and Ellen x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
David the Gnome x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Phoebe Heyerdahl x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Swiper x13
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Gnorm Gnat x9

DAY OVER

Rate Purple & Brown

Predict Alvin & The Chipmunks

Purple & Brown

Chance: 1% - Their lack of fan demand is a massive detriment to them, but unlike Chef Gordon Bleugh they do have a few benefits. For one, unlike the chef, a lot of the 2000's kids NASB audience remembers these guys, and their bumpers were very prolific during commercial breaks during 2006-2009. Nick even had a marathon dedicated to them and Spongebob (the aptly named Purple & Brown & Yellow Marathon) where they aired new Purple & Brown shorts. There were also load sof commercials for the marathon, so the two were well-promoted. So Nick clearly had more of a liking to these guys than a lot of other characters! They were a co-production with Aardman Animations, which can be seen as a blessing and a curse, as it raised the star power of the shorts (Dreamworks had recently collaborated with them on Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, so there was a connection to a more famous IP, and Dreamworks was under the Viacom umbrella at the time, providing a connection to Nick) but also results in there being potential legal kerfuffles due to split ownership. Considering they are still obscure compared to the more in-demand all star Nick cast, the licensing fees to Aardman might not be seen as worth it to Nick (Alex Mack being a co-production was one of the reasons why she was rejected, after all). Still, if they want to do a more deep-cut pick it's certainly a possibility!

Want: 50% - For some reason I really LOVED these guys as a kid! No idea why, I guess they were just super charming and wholesome despite their goofiness (Aardman was never into gross-out or feel-bad, which definitely endeared me towards them), so I'd be fine with seeing them in the game! I remember them well, and despite having bigger priorities, I think they could bring a lot to the table. Hell, when I was a kid, I even made Purple and Brown OCs out of Sculpy! They were Red, Green, and Yellow I believe, though sadly I couldn't find them! Or else I would've taken a picture!

Nominations:
Danger Mouse x15

Predictions:
Alvin & The Chipmunks - 1.84% - Despite being a famous franchise and getting a Nicktoon, their lack of fan demand (and the fact that Nick doesn't own them) isn't gonna result in good scores!

Literally Clay-Mation
Sure, the ties to Spongebob could be a benefit for getting Purple and Brown in. And the target demographic for the game does remember who they are. But at the end of the day, they're still a "who?" pick if you ask the average Nickelodeon enjoyer about them. Add the fact that they're not owned by Viacom, and the fact that they're interstitial characters, and I'm not sure they have much of any shot.

Want: 50%
Admittedly, this is just so we can get some stop-motion representation, as it needs more love as an artform. But I'd laugh at their inclusion and wonder what said inclusion would mean. Might even play as them for a novelty thing.

Nominations:
Concept: Disney representation x25

Predictions:
Alvin and the Chipmunks - 5%
Ironically, the Nickelodeon show has the most episodes out of all the Chipmunks shows. Unfortunately, they're still not owned by Viacom (yet), which makes it hard to see them in this time.

Also, what should we do about DaUsername DaUsername 's noms? Should we just let them roll over to the rest of the group?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Pokemon Purple and Brown

Yes they are partly owned by a different studio, which does hinder their chances a lot considering their low demand. But honestly? I can kind of see them happening. They do have a good amount of history with Nick and alongside Stick Stickly they are one of the few commercial mascots that I can think of that are realistic for this game. When it comes to left-field picks that the devs like to throw at us occasionally, Purple & Brown are viable choices. I just don't think they will happen for a long time.

Want: 15%

As a fellow 2000's kid, I do remember them! But beyond the nostalgia and the mascot appeal, I don't have much desire to see them in the game. Although eventually I would like to see them show up in a sequel because having them as fighters is a fun idea.

Prediction - 3.50%

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Tomar, check this cool thing out!
Chance: 10%

That chewing character Zach is always showing me Purple and Brown aren't totally obscure by any means, they're sort of the 2000's lesser equivalent to Stick Stickly (lesser meaning they weren't as heavily involved with the viewers themselves as Stick Stickly was) and they do have one or two memes revolving around them, so they are remembered by many today. It'd be an out there pick, but honestly, a bumpers character would be a lot of fun to have, and it'd be more 2000s representation,
However, they apparently aren't totally owned by Nick. I don't know how much of that is true, given Nick seemed to love them back in the day, but that might bode poorly for their chances. Plus they don't seem to have a lot of demand for them.

Want: 70%
All of you in the viewing audience right now, can you guys trick your mom or your dad or anybody, tell them "Oh my god, look at this character for NASB" , you got to act really well guys, really really act like "oh my god", then show them Purple and Brown and make them demand they be in the game. Okay guys? You have to do that, please.

Okay seriously though, OneyPlays references aside, they'd be pretty funny to have.

Noms for Asami Sato

Alvin: 6%

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Purple & Brown
Chance: 4.75%
Want: 46.25%

Winner is DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 with 6%! You get 25 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 210
DanganZilla5: 25

Biggie Cheese x81
Donnie Thornberry x75
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x71
Bunsen x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Rango x55
Danger Mouse x55
Asami Sato x35
Concept: DLC Clone Characters x35
Ickis x30
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Johnny Knoxville x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Edgar and Ellen x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
David the Gnome x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Phoebe Heyerdahl x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Swiper x13
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Gnorm Gnat x9

DAY OVER

Rate Alvin & The Chipmunks

Predict Concept: Music DLC

Alvin & The Chipmunks

Chance: 3% - Alvin and the Chipmunks is a notable and famous franchise with several spinoff shows and theatrical movies, and Nick did have its' own Alvin and the Chipmunks show. Though outside of that, its' strengths in regards to All Star Brawl end there! The big one is that Nick doesn't own the franchise, so licensing them would be well outside the budget (and likely not worth it to them anyway if it were, given their lack of fan demand). Nick's Chipmunks show ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks got 5 Seasons but was never particularly popular or praised, neither by critics nor the audience All Star Brawl caters to. The show also uses these very ugly "human with chipmunk features" designs, which was both a turn off to the show and a possible turn off to their inclusion in the game (though Ludocity could easily pull a TMNT and use the older designs instead, which Nick might be more open to after seeing how well the 80's Turtles/April/Shredder designs were received). Finally, they don't have the meme power to make up for their shortcomings. They have a few under their belt, but one of their most notable ones is NSFW in nature, which heavily limits it. Overall, not a show I'd put my money on, but could be a possibility in a future entry.

Want: 25% - Not a bad choice, given their notoriety, but not a pick I'd get excited about either. Aside from a friend and I laughing at how bad Chipwrecked was (and, for some reason, renting a Batmunk VHS when I was a kid), I don't really have much of a connection or attachment to the trio (and got help us if they use those ugly human designs!) and I feel that the licensing money would be better spent on someone else. Still, a Pokemon Trainer-esque trio moveset could be interesting if executed well.

Nominations:
Danger Mouse x10

Predictions:
Concept: Music DLC - 0.96% - While it would be cool, it feels well out of the scope of this game's DLC. Mods have used framework for multiple songs per stage but that DLC budget is more than likely going to just characters and stages rather than new music for existing ones.

The Sevilles
I also do not think they are likely. However, there can be a slight chance they can make it in eventually. Obviously, not right now, but maybe later.

Want: 60%
I do know they exist, and I would want to see Alvin and the Chipmunks in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl at some point. Plus, Nick did air all three incarnations of the franchise, even if The Alvin Show and the 80s Chipmunks cartoon were in reruns, and ice-cold reruns in the former show's case.

Also, due to its small price for sale, buying Bagdasarian Productions is a dream of mine if I ever win the lottery. So there's that.

Music DLC: 0%
Yeah, no. It would be much easier to get Character DLC and Stage DLC than it would be to get Music DLC. Especially this late in the game.

D

Deleted member

Chance - 5%
Not owned by Nickelodeon. They do have a show currently airing on Nick, and they do fit the whole idea classic cartoons fighting it out. But their current show aims for a younger audience, so there may not be any desire for cross promotion. Nick don't even make the show, they simply air it. It's still on, from what I can tell, but isn't a hot new thing. The Chipmunks seen in the show aren't the classic design most players would be aware of. They're these weird more humany looking versions. They could pull a TMNT and use the classic versions, there (probably) where reruns on Nick at some point. But I just don't see us ever getting any guest characters, and if we do then they still have to contend with the likes of the Smurfs and the Transformers. Also worth noting a 3 in one character might be tricky to implement, especially as DLC.

Want - 40%
They're fine. They're iconic enough. I always liked the idea of music based fighters in games like this. Not a most wanted character but as guest characters go they're fine.

Noms to Cousin Skeeter

Last edited by a moderator:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Melvin and the Squirrels

Nick doesn't own the franchise, and their version of it has those god awful designs, but if they got the 80s'/90's designs in this, it'd be a fun addition to the Saturday Morning cartoons lineup that TMNT, Garfield and potentially the Smurfs have been underlining the game with.
I used to watch Alvin cartoons growing up but I can't say the series left much of an impact on me,.

Noms for Asami Sato

Music: 10%

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Chance: Abstain

Want: 55%
Would be a really fun seasonal pick if you base the chipmunks off of the old cartoons. That's not what's going to happen, it's gonna be the newer Nick show artstyle, but I can dream.

Music DLC: 4%

Noms to Johnny Knoxville

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Alvin & The Chipmunks
Chance: 4.5%

Want: 38%

Winner is M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye with 5%! You get 35 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 245
DanganZilla5: 25

Donnie Thornberry x75
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x71
Bunsen x65
Danger Mouse x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Rango x55
Asami Sato x45
Johnny Knoxville x30
Ickis x30
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Edgar and Ellen x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
David the Gnome x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Phoebe Heyerdahl x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Swiper x13
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Cousin Skeeter x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Gnorm Gnat x9
Ed Bighead x5

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: Music DLC

Predict Biggie Cheese

Concept: Music DLC

Chance: 2% -
While this seems like a no-brainer, I don't see it happening (at least not in this game). The DLC budget is focused on new characters and stages, and while there IS new music being added (along with the multi-song framework apparently being there in-game? I know some mods have done this) it's just for the new stages. They could also do a SMash and pull songs from the actual shows, but that would require extra licensing costs for songs from companies like Associated Production Music, and we don't know if the license for Nick-owned Nicktoon songs is all-encompassing or of it's exclusive to just shows. Either way, there isn't room in the budget for it, even if it wouldn't be difficult to implement.

Want: 80% - How can I say no to more music?! While I'd say that the devs should focus on new character/stage content, if the framework and budget end up being there I'd definitely be down for more songs! And the existing original songs are in the style of their respective Nicktoons so they wouldn't feel too out of place either! Shows like Spongebob, Fairly OddParents, and The Loud House have loads of excellent original songs. so there's lots of choices for excellent new additions. Hell, they could even do this as an update, and throw it in as an update with a music-based character, the possibilities are endless! Though I will say that if they do this I DO hope they add a My Music sort of feature to control song frequency.

Nominations:
Danger Mouse x10

Predictions:
Biggie Cheese - 1.83% - Biggie Cheese has got plenty of meme power! But with all Barnyard demand being squarely on Otis, I don't expect confident scores.

Last edited:
33% of the Original Nickelodeon Jingle (1980; colorized)
Abstain. I would like to see more Nick music in the game, though.

Predictions:
Biggie Cheese: 1%
There is a meme surrounding him, but Biggie's quite low on the Barnyard totem pole. Heck, he wouldn't even make it as the fifth rep in the series, and the fact there are more than five candidates for fighters from this series is a surprise.

Nominations:
Nancy Drew x45
And before you ask, the later books in the Nancy Drew series were published by Aladdin Paperbacks, a subsidiary of Simon and Schuster. And who owns Simon and Schuster, and by association, part of the Nancy Drew universe? Paramount Global.

Besides, she'll be entering the public domain in three years, even if S&S gets sold off.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Music DLC

Chance: 0%

There's no demand for this, and it might be too expensive. Actually licensing out music from the shows will be rather expensive as you would have to get all the license holders on board and the devs probably don't have the budget for that. Plus a lot of the original music is unfitting for a fighting game,

Want: 0%

This is generally not something I personally want. While some may find it cool to actually have music from the shows, it might just be people wanting this game to be more like Smash, which it shouldn't be.

Noms: Phoebe Heyerdahl x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
new bangers

Chance: 3%

Yeah, this ain't exactly a likely scenario. Depending on how music from TV shows are handled, this likely means getting licenses from a bunch of different studios and thus pulling away resources from characters which are the main focus of the DLC. Of course, the devs have shown that they are able to go the extra mile such as by adding voice acting, though to be fair that's a very different situation. Voice acting is something that should have been added in the first place and the kicker is that it was heavily demanded. That's something that I can't say the same for standalone music tracks and frankly that's the main factor for this score being so low.

Want: 80%

But it'd be pretty cool. Some of the tracks in the game like Jellyfish Fields are bangers and I always appreciate having a selection of music. I understand that not all the shows are ripe for receiving several tracks, but even if only some of the shows receive more music, I'd still buy them to get some more nostalgic tunes and to hear the music team flex their skills more.

Prediction: Biggie Cheese - 0.75%

Noms: DLC clone characters x30 (using all my extra noms plus the 5 for today)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Music DLC
Want: abstain

Don't really see it happening for this game. Next game will maybe have unlockable songs or something, who knows.

Biggie Cheese: a big fat zero.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Concept: Music DLC
Chance: 1.5%
Want: 53.33%

Winner is Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario with 2%! You get 25 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 210
Wario Wario Wario: 25

Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x70
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x71
Bunsen x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Rango x55
Asami Sato x45
Nancy Drew x45
Johnny Knoxville x30
Ickis x30
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Phoebe Heyerdahl x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Edgar and Ellen x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
David the Gnome x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Swiper x13
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Cousin Skeeter x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Gnorm Gnat x9
Ed Bighead x5

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: Music DLC

Predict Donnie Thornberry and Danger Mouse

Biggie Cheese

Chance: 0.5% -
Biggie Cheese has meme power, there's no doubt about that! But right now that's all he has. But his competition is Otis, the show's main character and a highly requested character with as much (if not more) meme power himself! There really isn't anyone asking for Biggie specifically, which doesn't help. Alongside this, he's both a parody of a real person (Biggie Smalls) and primarily sings copyrighted music. So there may be legal conundrums involved with his addition. Biggie's a great example of the fact that while meme power is very powerful, you can't solely rely on it.

Want: 20% - Biggie Cheese is absolutely hilarious, but he should NOT be before the much more significant and in-demand Otis. As a second Barnyard rep? Definitely! But not yet. He would make a fantastic stage cameo though! Just imagine a Barnyard club stage with Biggie Cheese singing on stage and collapsible walls ala Mishima Dojo?! Absolutely hilarious!

Nominations:
Bunsen x10

Predictions:
Donnie Thornberry - 14.95% - Expecting some decent scores due to Donnie's relative popularity and presence of an announcer call in the game's files!

Danger Mouse - 0,54% - A British show that Nick doesn't currently own, and completely lacks fan demand. Acquired shows (especially older ones) are legal kerfuffles, so I'm not expecting confident scores!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Biggie Cheese prediction: 4%
He's a meme, but there's no demand - which is kinda counter-intuitive given the nature of memes - he's also not really a character as much as he is a prop who exists to add atmosphere to a scene. There aren't really any jokes in the movie they could draw from since his existence kinda is the joke - which would be fine any other game, but given NASB tends to follow "Sonic spawns two flickies" moveset rules I can't imagine them wanting to add him. I don't think the whole being-a-parody of Smalls thing is really an issue since he is well, a parody, and the song he sings in the movie isn't even a song by Smalls so it's not like the connection is too deep. Plus, for a music-based fighter he has competition from Ember, Luna Loud, and - to an extent - Squidward. I do think memes alone give him a very slight edge over any other non-Otis-or-Ben BY rep though.

Want: 60%
Another case of "It'd be funny." I can't really justify this one like some other meme picks, but hey, more heavyweights are nice and it's not like he's a forgettable character, despite his background status.

DM prediction: 2%

Donnie prediction: 7%

All noms for Ed Bighead.

Last edited:
Boombastic Brie Man
Chance: 0.1%
Sure, Biggie Cheese would be funny. But as our first Barnyard rep? No, thank you. Practically every major character in that franchise has a better shot than he does. Otis, Pig, Freddy, Peck, Pip, Ben, Snotty Boy, Dag, Abby, Bessie, and I can go on. There are some memes that should stay as such, and this guy is one of them.

Not before Otis, please. If this guy becomes the first Barnyard fighter, it will be plain to see that meme power triumphs over everything else for their newcomers. And even as a fan of memes, as most Internet users are, I would not like that.

Predictions:
Donnie Thornberry - 20%
If we must skip Eliza a second time, I suppose Donnie would be the best choice for an additional Wild Thornberrys character. I'd prefer to have Eliza next, though.

Danger Mouse - 2%
Not owned by Nickelodeon, and the show's reboot didn't have a home on the channel. Not a good outlook for him.

Nominations:
Ickis x25
Ed Bighead x25
Bloom (Winx Club) x25
Middle School Moguls rep x10

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Biggie Cheese
Chance: 1.5%
Want: 30%

Winner is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with 1.83%! I get 15 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 100
Wario Wario Wario: 25
DrifloonEmpire: 15

Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x70
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x71
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Rango x55
Ickis x55
Concept: Disney representation x50
Asami Sato x45
Nancy Drew x45
Ed Bighead x40
Johnny Knoxville x30
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Bloom (Winx Club) (Rerate) x25
Phoebe Heyerdahl x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Edgar and Ellen x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
David the Gnome x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Middle School Moguls rep x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Swiper x13
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Cousin Skeeter x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Gnorm Gnat x9

DAY OVER

Rate Donnie Thornberry and Danger Mouse

Predict Bunsen (Bunsen is a Beast)

Danger Mouse

Chance: 0.1% -
Definitely not a character I'd ever expect to see. While he has some history on the channel, airing on Nick back in the 80's, he's not particularly well-known among Nick fans. Furthermore, Nick doesn't own him, and the reboot he got a few years ago didn't air on Nick either. Pair that up with a complete lack of fan demand and you've got a character I just cannot see happening under any circumstances. Plus he's a goofy secret agent, which pits him against more popular characters like the TUFF Puppy duo.

Want: 5% - He's not a bad character, but not only do I have way bigger priorities, but if Nick's gonna shell out for a third party character there's way better choices.

Donnie Thornberry

Chance: 5% -
Donnie's in an odd spot. The WIld Thornberry's doesn't have a ton of demand for a second rep at the moment, but for those that want one Donnie's typically brought up alongside Eliza. His announcer call in the game's files certainly helps! The one caveat I see is that he has a stage cameo on Wild Waterfall, though one of the devs said those don't explicitly deconfirm (and I believe we've seen this already with Spunky on Hardcore Chores?). Nonetheless, he's not Top 25, and people seem to be satisfied with Nigel for now, so while I can kinda see him in a sequel I don't see him being prioritized for DLC.

Want: 30% - Donnie was one of the funniest parts of the show, and he's oozing with moveset potential! But we got our goofier Wild Thornberry's pick with Nigel, so if we get a second rep I'd really wanna see Eliza instead. After Eliza, though? Go for it! And in the mean time he'd make for an extremely wild and fun assist trophy of sorts! Throwing things, clanging pots and pants, showing a surprising amount of sophistication and ingenuity, he's got a LOT going for him!

Nominations:
Edgar and Ellen x20
Rango x15

Predictions:
Bunsen - 0.17% - Not expecting confident scores at all. Bunsen is not a well-liked character, along with having loads of Butch Hartmann characters with way more popularity above him.

Mouse, Danger Mouse
I only brought him up so high because of his status as the first bit of real animation in Nickelodeon history, and due to their former partnership with Cosgrove-Hall that led to a couple of Nicktoon pilots in 1990.

Danger Mouse, himself, on the other hand? Not owned by Nick or Viacom, barely recognizable even with his modern-day reboot, and Nickelodeon already owns a mouse character they can exploit for this in the form of Mighty Mouse. Outlook implausible.

Want: 40%
It is that symbol status of Nick history that elevates him to such a high want score for me. However, I did not plan on the unfair comparison to TUFF Puppy, which does have more potential, with or without Butch. Despite that, he could expand the appeal beyond US nostalgia, kind of like Terry Bogard before he got his Smash invite.

Donatello Thornberry
Chance: 10%
While he does have a stage cameo in the game already, I do think Donnie has a slim chance of making it in. Plus, he does have serious fighting potential in him.

Want: 25%
Give us Eliza next, and then we'll talk about Donnie. But after we get those two kids, I don't think there's much potential left for Darwin, Debbie, or Marianne to fight. Yep, three Wild Thornberrys reps is the most we could hope for.

Predictions:
Bunsen (Bunsen is a Beast)
0% - Being a late-stage Butch Hartman creation is never a good thing, but only lasting a year, and never having that good of a reputation to begin with? I would be amazed if people wanted him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom