• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

THE LEADERBOARD + HALL OF FAME
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry & June
Chance: 10.2%
Want: 52%

Winner is LimeTH LimeTH with 5%! You get 5 Extra noms!

Concept: Nick Jr. Rep
Chance: 23%
Want: 70%

Winner is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with 23.94%! I get 70 Extra noms!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DaUsername: 502
Baysha: 10
Darkonedagger: 140
Ze Diglett: 25
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 420
LimeTH: 5
DrifloonEmpire: 70
--------------------------

Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x96
Papa Smurf x94
Alvin & The Chipmunks x88
Concept: Assist Trophy-equivalent x85
Biggie Cheese x81
Concept: 2 or more SpongeBob characters as DLC x70
Concept: Music DLC x67
Bunsen x65
Concept: More alt costumes x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo) x60
Rango x55
Denzel Crocker x45
Donnie Thornberry x35
Terrytoons representation x31
Ickis x30
Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x30
Purple & Brown x30
Danger Mouse x30
Concept: Camp Koral and/or Patrick Show representation x23
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
Sam Manson x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
Concept: Non-80's TMNT representation x15
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x13
Swiper x13
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
David the Gnome x10
Monkey (Monkey Quest) x10
Nosferatu (SpongeBob) x10
Mighty Mouse x10
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Johnny Knoxville x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Gnorm Gnat x9

DAY OVER

Here's to 100 Days of Nick Brawl Rate Their Chances!

Rate Pelswick, Concept: Non-Timmy First FOP Rep and Concept: Non-Jimmy Second JN Rep

Predict Doodlebob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pelswick

Chance: 0.5% - Pelswick's got a lot him his way, unfortunately. He has basically no fan demand (I've only seen him brought up once or twice), which is basically a death sentence when it comes to this game. But the biggest reason is that he's not owned by Nickelodeon. The show is owned by Nelvana, and that is NOT a good position to be in. Though Nelvana's not as stingy/difficult as people think, it's not that that makes it a problem, but competition instead. Pelswick, oddly enough, is in competition with Timmy Turner, one of the most demanded characters for the game! We all know how Nelvana owns the distribution rights for the first five seasons of the show , so if Nick and Ludocity are gonna go to the trouble of taking them to the negotiating table they're gonna go for the infinitely more profitable Timmy over the seldom-requested Pelswick.

Want: 30% - While I have MUCH bigger priorities, I wouldn't mind him at all if they wanted a character to represent Nick's acquired cartoons. Not only would it be good for reaffirming the show's positive message (showing that someone in a wheelchair can do much of what a normal person can do, and live a relatively normal life), but a moveset for a character who's constantly sitting down could make for something very creative. They could even give his wheelchair rolling momentum, which would make for some fun physics tricks! All around a non-priority but an interesting and positive pick nonetheless!

Concept: Non-Timmy First FOP Rep and Non-Jimmy Second JN Rep

Non-Timmy Chance: 1%
Non-Jimmy Chance: 0% -
This one's gonna be very interesting... Starting with Timmy, there's a slim chance but not a good one at all. Sure, I've occasionally seen people picking The Crimson Chin as the Fairly OddParents rep, along with the occasional Jorgen, but by and FAR Timmy is the frontrunner for demand, being the second most desired character on the roster. Cosmo and Wanda would more than likely be a part of his moveset, but even if they decided to do a Cosmo and Wanda duo for technical reasons, the original concept voted on specifically refers to getting "Hugh'd". This would be more of a Rex situation when the staff wanted to make the character in question but had to settle for the next best thing because of technical difficulties. There are no meme characters that come close to the level of demand that Hugh had (even if it never surpassed Jimmy), even the Crimson Chin, nor do they have the extremely favorable circumstances. Hugh had the privilege of becoming THE community meme, becoming almost synonymous with the game itself. Even Mark DeCarlo, Hugh's voice actor was involved, and was part of the push to get Hugh in the game. The Chin/Jorgen/Crocker trio polled easily into the Top 25, but do not even come close to what Hugh had. In other words, lightning will not strike twice. Plus for Timmy you gotta go to Nelvana, so unlike for Hugh (who has no legal barriers), Nick isn't going to go to the negotiating table to get a meme pick. They'd be going for Timmy himself.

Now if the chances are slim for Timmy getting snubbed, they're basically nonexistent for Jimmy. The team already got their meme pick for the series and Carl/Sheen (despite their top 25 placement as well) and there's no way Nick's gonna let them snub Jimmy again. His demand has only risen since Hugh's inclusion, and Jimmy's VA has dropped a couple of possible hints at his inclusion. In fact, Hugh's reveal was met with a lot of CONTROVERSY rather than attention and rejoice for a big fan pick getting in, and it's likely something Nick/Ludocity want to avoid a repeat of. It was a clear message that people wanted Hugh in ALONGSIDE Jimmy, not instead of him, and the same goes for other FOP characters with Timmy. And in Timmy's case, would they really want to go negotiate with Nelvana for a risky Hugh pick when they could go for the pink-hatted crowd pleaser instead?

Really, there is so much demand for these two that it happening to Timmy would be extremely slim, while chances of it happening to Jimmy are pretty much nonexistent.

Want for Both: 0% - If I could give an even lower score, I would! I always thought the idea of Hugh before Jimmy (as great as Hugh is) to be extremely stupid, and it adds nothing to the game other than yet another loss of dignity. I get that people like unpredictable picks, but at the same time they need to listen to basic logic. Main characters are important and heavily demanded for a reason, there's absolutely no grounds to keep snubbing them in favor of pandering to meme culture. A roster of mostly deep cuts is not going to keep people's attention, Smash handled its' deep cuts WAY better than this! Both Jimmy and Timmy are extremely significant figures in Nick's history, they NEED to be in this game. Is it really worth sacrificing the game's reputation even further for the sake of making memes? Bringing in these in-demand main character Nick superstars is what the game needs, not more deep cuts. This leads to more attention, which leads to more success, which leads to bigger budgets from Nick and thus much higher quality games! Is it REALLY worth sacrificing all of this for a quick laugh?! Especially when a lot of the culture around "Hughing" is either mean-spirited or extremely mocking, and is honestly disrespectful to what this iconic duo has done for Nickelodeon as a whole. They're big parts of many people's childhoods, mine included, and seeing them get snubbed for the sake of a dumb joke is just ****ing wrong... There's a huge difference between unpredictability and a lack of rationality, and other platform fighters didn't get to where they were by prioritizing deep cuts. Wait until the superstars and series' important characters are in, and THEN the deep cuts can come. It's not like Sakurai added Piranha Plant before Bowser, Peach, or Wario! and Waluigi's demand didn't really kick off until the core Mario cast was in. And speaking of Smash, this whole main characters vs. adoring Hughing mentality adds an unneccessary amount of cynicism and conflift to an otherwise fun and relaxed speculation scene, and we really do not need that Smash-esque infighting. There's a time and a place for deep cuts, but it sure isn't now.

Nominations:
Concept: Assist Trophy-equivalent x31
Concept: 2 or more SpongeBob characters as DLC x45
Purple & Brown x14

Predictions:
Doodlebob - 1.46% - Expecting at least 1 overrate of him due to his notability and meme power, but overall less confident due to his lack of fan demand, especially compared to the Squidward/Krabs/Plankton trio.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
No more Jimmy! (0%) No more Timmy! (8%) No more 19 dollar cards! You've been blocked!:
Hugh was an extremely highly requested character, and still managed to get widespread backlash (even if it was generally drowned out by celebration). Unless the devs were outright malicious trolls, I doubt Jimmy would be passed over, especially since his inventions are really the main fantastic element in an otherwise down-to-earth setting. Timmy is another story though - the Fairly OddParents has a HUGE cast, both of relatable Earth-dwellers and magical characters, and among those are Cosmo and Wanda - the titular Fairly OddParents - as well as the speculation juggernaut that is the Crimson Chin... however, there is the Nelvana issue to account for. When you're making negotiations for a character, you do not want to risk backlash like a Timmy snub could bring.

Want for both: 100%
Your honour, it'd be funny. The less "dignity" the better, I say. Also I think characters who can do anything like these two can be kinda dull from a moveset perspective, and I'd like the GameMill Nick games to carve their own identity seperate from the THQ games (not that having Jim and Tim would inherently tie the GameMill games to the THQ games, but moreso that I dislike the idea of adding them just for the sake of "reuniting the Unite gang")

Doodlebob: 2%
I'm going to rate him a lot higher for reasons I'll get into on the day, but I expect low scores just because he isn't Squidward, Krabs, or Plankton.

All noms for PM GHZ (just in case Papa Smurf gets bumped up again)

It's not like Sakurai added Piranha Plant before Bowser, Peach, or Wario
God, if only

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Jimmy getting Hugh'd twice

Chance: 0%

Nah fam. For one Hugh was a special case. He was pretty much this game's #1 meme character and no other Jimmy Neutron character aside from the boy genius himself has reached his level of demand. Second, even with all the hype around Hugh there was still a moderate amount of controversy and I'm sure the devs are not gonna repeat that mistake again.

Timmy getting Hugh'd

Chance: 1%

It's possible I guess but I doubt it. No character from this series, aside from again the main character, has reached Hugh levels of demand. Just because it happened once doesn't mean it's going to happen again. Characters like Crimson Chin, Jorgen, Vicky or Timmy's dad don't have nearly the demand or meme power to overshadow the kid.

Want for both: 0%

As much I like Hugh, he should not have been added before Jimmy. Especially if we end up not getting anymore DLC and in that case the roster is going to look awkward looking back on it. I get it, sometimes it is better to pick a side character over the main character. But with these two characters it makes no sense. Both -immys have a huge amount of demand, are iconic and notable for Nick's history, and have great moveset potential.

Pelswick

Chance: 0..01%

Another character with little to no demand and who isn't owned by Nick. Ouch. And he's owned by Nelvana who also has the rights to Timmy. Double ouch. Unfortunately this is another character that I feel just has too many obstacles to be considered realistic.

Want: 50%

I've never heard of this show before but it sounds wholesome. While I'm all for getting the big picks in this game to increase its popularity, I have no problem with them adding a character of this caliber who is from a good show, even if I have no attachment to them; provided they space these left field picks out appropriately.

Noms: Music DLC xMax

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm abstaining from Pelswick due a lack of knowledge.

Timmy and Jimmy getting snubbed

You really think they want to risk the wrath of the fanbase? These two are by far the two most highly requested characters throughout the entire game's lifecycle, and Hugh only got in before Jimmy due to the power of memes. No other character from either show can match up to the legacy these two have, and I find it unlikely that we'll get a new rep for either show that isn't them. They're just too highly requested for that.

Want: 0%
The supporting casts of both shows pale in comparison to the sheer moveset potential of the two "Immys". Jimmy has a wide range of inventions and Timmy has two Fairy Godparents who can grant him almost any wish. Plus, it would be nice to have the Nicktoons Unite 4 (SpongeBob, Danny, Jimmy, and Timmy) together in a game for the first time since Attack of the Toybots all the way back in 2007.

Nominate: Phoebe Heyerdahl x5

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Pelswick
Want: abstain

Couple of things holding Pelswick back.
Does Nick even own Pelswick? It wasn't made in their studio.
It barely lasted that long
Its creator has passed, so we don't know how the negotiations would go if Nick doesn't own it
He's a paraplegic. If we're seriously debating the ethics of beating up cartoon babies and toddlers, I think it's worth mentioning that Pelswick is confined to a wheelchair and kicking his ass might be seen as insensitive.

No Neutron November

This one is getting a big fat NO. They've had their fun already, and Hugh was extremely divisive as it is. They're not going to do it a second time, especially since Hugh isn't even actually representing The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius so much as he's representing the character of Hugh Neutron and nothing but the character of Hugh Neutron.
Jimmy's demand is the one thing out of two things anyone still talking about NASB is even talking about anymore. Jimmy is next, no question. I would bet anything he's being primed up as sequel bait.

Before I continue to the next ranking, let me talk about the concept of "Getting Hughed" and this game's general preference for deuteragonists or supporting characters over the actual beck and file "main characters"
The thing about Hugh is while he wasn't part of the main cast of kids, he was still a fairly prominent character. A significant amount of episodes would have Hugh the subject of a subplot, an Hugh has quite a few focus episodes to his name. I don't think he's pushing it quite as hard as people say, even if he is probably the one character closest to that line. Everyone else?
Helga is just as, if not more prominent a character than Arnold himself. Arnold might be the main character, but I'd argue Helga is the true protagonist.
Reptar is an in-universe fictional character, so he probably toes the line as much as Hugh does, but Reptar was such an important part of Rugrats both in terms of the world of the show and the real world popularity of Rugrats as a franchise that he just makes sense to have.
Oblina is one of an equally prominent trio.
Nigel IS a main character, full stop, being a member of the titular Wild Thornberrys. The show may have Eliza as a focal character, but it aint named after her. it's named after ALL of them. Plus, it can hardly be argued that Nigel isn't the show's most popular and memorable character.
Which brings us back to Hugh himself. With all this laid out, it doesn't really make Hugh feel all that outlandish as one of the "not the main character" picks. He has always been a well known character to fans of JN and Nickelodeon. And let’s be real, it wasn't going to be Sheen for obvious reasons.

Which is why the possibility of a character like Biggie Cheese getting in over Otis, or, more relevantly, Dark Laser getting in over Timmy Turner is not even remotely the same thing as Hugh getting in over Jimmy. Not even close.
Let's talk about Fairly Odd Parents. The other thing out of two things anyone still talking about NASB is even talking about anymore.

It's a Wishful Life
Chance: 40%
Want: 15%

If we're talking about a Fairly Odd Parents character getting in over Timmy, I think it IS more likely than we might think, but it depends on the character.

Cosmo and Wanda: I think if anyone at all is superseding Timmy, it'd be the titular Fairly Odd Parents themselves. While it'd be an obvious choice to have the two as part of Timmy's moveset, there's something to be said for cutting out the middleman and just letting Cosmo and Wanda fight themselves, similar to what happened to Pyra and Mythra. Cosmo and Wanda's shapeshifting abilities could fill a moveset all its own without needing Timmy to be there. Plus they'd work well enough as a duo fighter much more than any other suggestions I might have seen...
Cosmo and Wanda don't get talked about because everyone assumes they'd just be tethered to Timmy somehow, and this is reasonable, but wouldn't it be cooler to actually get to play as them for once? Do they really NEED to be glued to their godchild? They ARE their own characters, after all.
Now where would this leave Timmy if Cosmo and Wanda got their own separate slot? Well, Timmy is no stranger to using magical items in combat without the need of his Fairies to help him, often for the purposes of recusing the fairies. It might not be as cool as a moveset where he wishes for stuff, but it wouldn't be impossible. Plus it IS against Da Rulez to help a godchild win a competition.
I'd be okay with the pair being part of a trio with Timmy, I'm not gonna go to Angry Beavers lengths to argue against that sort of thing, but it's still fun to imagine how they would work on their own.

The Crimson Chin: The Chin feels more like someone who would come alongside Timmy/the Odd Parents in a sequel, much like Powdered Toastman was alongside Ren and Stimpy despite being announced first. But Chin making it in before Timmy for hypotetical NASB DLC doesn't feel THAT out of the question. Like, technical-wise, he might be easier to whip up a superhero character for DLC than a hypothetical character would would need three models on screen at all times as well as several props that need to be loaded in for certain moves.

Crocker, Jorgen, Vicky, Mark Chang, etc: These guys feel more like third or fourth picks at best. I couldn't see them getting in over Timmy the same way the fairies or Chin could. While they would probably be the closest to a "Hugh Pick" due to being a few degrees away from Timmy, Cosmo and Wanda, I'd put more money on The Crimson Chin over all of them.

Dark Laser: Come on, now.

The demand is for Timmy, but It’s not out of the question.

Doodlebob: 30%

noms for Asami, and Purple and Brown

Last edited:
Pelswick
I'm just going to be brief here. Pelswick is owned by Nelvana, not Paramount. Timmy Turner is held back by Nelvana owning some distribution rights to FOP. Timmy Turner is more recognized than Pelswick was. Ergo, Timmy (or any FOP rep) would be what Paramount would want to get first. Not the "disguised import".

Want: 70%
Despite how unlikely he is, I can't be mad at his potential inclusion. I mean, the guy's show was touted as a bonafide Nicktoon, despite not really being one. There aren't that many acquired shows in Nickelodeon history that can claim that. Bugs Bunny's already in MultiVersus, Marinette and Adrien are more likely to pop up in a Disney crossover at this rate, and Inspector Gadget has ties to the venerable Smash Bros. through DiC's Mario and Sonic cartoons. Maybe Danger Mouse or Count Duckula would be on Pelswick's level, but I doubt today's youth would recognize them at all.

No Timmy! No Jimmy! No Bimmy!

I do not see this happening for Timmy Turner or Jimmy Neutron. Full stop, end of discussion.

First off, disregarding Squidward for a moment, the two of them are Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl's most wanted fighters, and it's not even close.
Second, after Hugh was revealed and put into the roster, there isn't a good choice between the two worlds to get a second and third snubbing overall. Perhaps Cosmo and Wanda can fight by themselves, but if that happens in the future, then I shall promptly sprout wings on my head and fly to Mount Everest.
Third, if having half of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in your game is seen as a controversial decision, imagine what would happen to GameMill if they got only half of the Nicktoons Unite team in the game. And no, Tak from "Tak and the Power of Juju" does not count as a Uniter for the purposes of this reason.

Doodlebob: 2%
He does have a meme going for him, but we've seen Larry the Lobster's chances. Doodlebob is less likely than Larry.

Nominations:
Concept: 2+ Spongebob fighters as DLC x5
Denzel Crocker x5
The Goose Lady x20
Captain MooBeard x10
Concept: Glitch Techs rep x35
Betty Boop x25
Edgar and Ellen x20

Oh, and happy 100th day of NASB RTC!

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Nigel IS a main character, full stop, being a member of the titular Wild Thornberrys. The show may have Eliza as a focal character, but it aint named after her. it's named after ALL of them. Plus, it can hardly be argued that Nigel isn't the show's most popular and memorable character.
And even then, typical Thornberry's episodes would bounce between Eliza's plot and Nigel's plot very frequently, so the two honestly feel like dual protagonists, almost a duo of sorts. Same goes for Arnold and Helga. To support what you're saying, usually the character chosen feels on the same "tier" of importance as the main protagonist/face of the show. Something that Hugh doesn't quite have (I'd consider him Tier 2 alongside Carl, Sheen, etc, while Jimmy is Tier 1). My friends and I use the term "Beavis'd" to describe something that occasionally happens on our MUGEN roster where one or two of an equally important main character duo/trio/group get in but the group awkwardly isn't complete. This was coined by the fact that we have Butthead on the roster but not Beavis made by the same person, other examples being Lotte/Sucy but no Akko and, interestingly, an identical situation for Real Monsters (just with Krumm instead of Oblina). Eliza, Ickis, Krumm and Arnold feel more like they got Beavis'd rather than Hugh'd.

Now where would this leave Timmy if Cosmo and Wanda got their own separate slot? Well, Timmy is no stranger to using magical items in combat without the need of his Fairies to help him, often for the purposes of recusing the fairies. It might not be as cool as a moveset where he wishes for stuff, but it wouldn't be impossible. Plus it IS against Da Rulez to help a godchild win a competition.
I'd be okay with the pair being part of a trio with Timmy, I'm not gonna go to Angry Beavers lengths to argue against that sort of thing, but it's still fun to imagine how they would work on their own.
While my ideal Timmy would have Cosmo/Wanda with him, I'd be okay with them being a separate duo if they came alongside Timmy and not instead of him (plus FOP is significant enough to get 2 reps right off the bat anyway! xD). Rex is pretty much screwed and I don't want Timmy to end up with the same fate (granted, Rex has problems Timmy doesn't have such as rotating casts in his series making him irrelevant and Sakurai possibly not working on the next Smash game (and it's clear that Sakurai really likes Rex)).

Which reminds me, a sequel would definitely be beneficial to separate slot Beavers since it'd be way more feasible to have them both at the same time as base roster picks than having them as separate individually-marketed DLC slots (the Beavers are great, but I don't know how people would react to them getting two DLC slots!).

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Deals on Wheels
Chance:0%.
Wasn't actually owned by Nick. They failed trying to get broadcasting rights back for NickRewind. Enough said.

The Jimmyless, Timmyless, Powerless Hour
Chance: 10%.
And that 10% is NOT for a second JN rep who isn't Jimmy. Hugh was just a special case since he was the most prominent fan request that wasn't taking the game seriously, and I don't see demand for Carl or Bolbi anywhere near Hugh's. Which just leaves us with our first FOP rep not being Timmy, something I also doubt because the most prominent idea I've seen is Cosmo and Wanda being a Pyra/Mythra thing. Except...we already have that with CatDog. Transforming characters are rare on the Smash roster for good reasons, and they aren't just 3DS limits and barely taking less time than 2/3 separate fighters. On the other hand, that NASB concept art did have Wanda by herself, they're just as much of a co-protagonist as Nigel or Oblina, and as mentioned earlier they have enough magic abilities to fill their own movesets.

Want: 30%.
Depends on what they do with Cosmo and/or Wanda. I barely even played Nicktoons Unite, so it's not even about reuniting that gang for me, it's about seeing shows I saw all the time on Nick. Which includes the Fairly Oddparents and Jimmy Neutron. I really have no idea why a certain someone who collects unpopular opinions like he's filling some sort of Unpopular Opinion-dex would think people only want Timmy and Jimmy because of Nicktoons Unite, they were chosen for those games for a reason.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Pelswick

Chance - 0% - Nick doesn't own him. He's a near-nobody. Why him?

Want - 30% - Not really. There are too many other characters to join first.

Not Jimmy again

Chance - 0% - I can't see this happening. Jimmy tends to be seen as either the most wanted, or in close completion with number two due to Timmy. The demand is too hard to ignore at this point, and Hugh was a somewhat controversial pick to begin with. The backlash I think would be a bit too much to let this happen again.

Want - 10% - Jimmy is one of my most wanted. I can't take the idea of losing him again.

Not Timmy

Chance - 15% - I could see them doing Cosmo and Wanda without Timmy. Timmy makes for a good vessel, but they might decide to cut out the middle man and just put in the magic fairies by themselves. I don't see Timmy getting snubbed out by anyone else, though.

Want - 30% - While I can sorta get behind Cosmo and Wanda alone, otherwise I don't think I would be too happy. Timmy is my most wanted, after all.

Predictions

Doodle bob - .64% - We're getting into clone territory now...

Nominations

Donnie Thornberry X5

LimeTH LimeTH

As the person who nominated Dark Laser, I guess I owe you an explination.

At the time, I had gotten a massive influx of votes due to winning the predictions, ending up with like 500. Not wanting to hoard them and spread them more evenly, I struggled to get the proper amount of characters I wanted. Pressed on time and choices, I picked him. I recognize that he's probably never getting picked before Timmy, but at this point we've talked about each main character of every reasonable Nick toon out there. At this point, talking about some side characters seems warented, at least to gauge how people feel about them. Dark Laser seemed like a good Powdered-Toast-Man-esque "not that important but has good move set potential" character, so I chose him.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
As the person who nominated Dark Laser, I guess I owe you an explination.

At the time, I had gotten a massive influx of votes due to winning the predictions, ending up with like 500. Not wanting to hoard them and spread them more evenly, I struggled to get the proper amount of characters I wanted. Pressed on time and choices, I picked him. I recognize that he's probably never getting picked before Timmy, but at this point we've talked about each main character of every reasonable Nick toon out there. At this point, talking about some side characters seems warented, at least to gauge how people feel about them. Dark Laser seemed like a good Powdered-Toast-Man-esque "not that important but has good move set potential" character, so I chose him.
All good, I nominated Chef Gordon Bleugh for the same reason. And because I thought it’d be funny.
Was mostly using Laser as an example of how much people exaggerate “getting Hughed” by acting as if Hugh is this bit character by comparing him to an actual bit character.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Pelswick
Chance: 0.42%
Want: 42%

Winner is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with 0.46%! I get 50 Extra noms!

Concept: Non-Timmy First FOP Rep
Chance: 9.37%
Want: 21.87%

Winner is Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario with 8.20%! You get 25 Extra noms!

Concept: Non-Jimmy Second JN Rep
Chance: 1.25%
Want: 13.75%
Winner is Sid-cada Sid-cada with 0.53%! You get 25 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 300
LimeTH: 5
DrifloonEmpire: 50
Wario Wario Wario: 25
Sid-Cada: 25

Concept: 2 or more SpongeBob characters as DLC x120
Papa Smurf x94
Concept: Music DLC x87
Biggie Cheese x81
Bunsen x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Rango x55
Purple & Brown x54
Denzel Crocker x50
Donnie Thornberry x40
Concept: Glitch Techs Rep x35
Ickis x30
Danger Mouse x30
Betty Boop x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
Sam Manson x20
The Goose Lady x20
Edgar and Ellen x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Swiper x13
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
David the Gnome x10
Mighty Mouse x10
Vicky x10
Captain MooBeard x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Johnny Knoxville x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Asami Sato x10
Gnorm Gnat x9
Phoebe Heyerdahl x5

DAY OVER

Rate Doodlebob

Predict Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout and Concept: Assist Trophy-equivalent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doodlebob

Chance: 2% - Doodlebob's an extremely memorable Spongebob character fromt he show's heyday, and was both super funny and loaded with memes (to the point of Nick bringing him back for a modern episode, though this was around the time where they were really leaning into fanservice.), so I can see him catching the devs' eyes. He's also completely 2D, so animating and modeling his moves would be extremely easy. Aside from those, though, there isn't really anything going in his favor. He completely lacks fan demand and has to contend with Squidward/Krabs/Plankton, and even after them characters like Larry exist.

Want: 10% - Doodlebob's episode was fantastic and he was an extremely memorable and funny character who'd attack with a pencil and drawings! Nonetheless, I wouldn't want to see him get in over Squidward or Krabs. They need to add the in-demand superstars before they start going for these super deep cut meme picks. Furthermore, Rudy exists, who's star of his show and competes for the drawing-based character archtype. Doodlebob would be hilarious in the future, and would make for a great echo, but I wouldn't want him to get chosen over Squidward or Krabs. Timing is everything!

Nominations:
Sam Manson x60

Predictions:
Project M GHZ Stage Layout - 38.43% - Previous stages have copied other popular Smash tourney layouts, so while this one's a bit more niche I wouldn't put it past the devs. Expecting confident scores.

Assist Trophy-Equivilent - 1.75% - The lack of budget in the current iteration is gonna keep this one's scores low, along with the dev's focus on either a sequel or more DLC characters.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Substitute Wilfre (The one who actually had a boss fight): 25%
The main crux of my score comes down to this - if the game introduces clones, DoodleBob will be the first on the list. Really, if anything my rating for DoodleBob is my rating for clones as a whole - they'd be cheap to produce and allow some deeper cuts to make the roster, but also come with with the downside of seeming "cheap" and potentially dragging the game's reputation further (Not that that matters at all) - there's also the issue of DoodleBob being flat which applies to his merchandise too - I don't know enough about modelling to say if they could pull of a semi-flat DoodleBob with SpongeBob's animations, or if Nick would allow them to quite literally stretch the character's design, though I don't think his erratic animation would inherently be an issue - you could probably just cut out some frames to make the attacks seem choppier. While a lot of SpongeBob's moves aren't things DoodleBob has an equivalent for, it's easy to hand-wave away given that DB can make anything. DoodleBob absolutely has potential for a unique moveset with his pencil and doodles too - even if I'm personally not a fan of "can do everything" characters from a moveset design perspective, but I can't see them going through the full dev time for a not-hotly-requested character in the series that probably has the most variety between popular fan requests, especially as paid DLC

All noms for Concept: Cel-shaded graphics in NASB 2

Last edited:
Me Hoy Minoy!
Chance: 10%
I was going to give Doodlebob a single-digit score, due to him making only a few appearances, most of which in the fanservice seasons. As his own character, he has to contend with so many other Bikini Bottomites.

That is, until I read a fellow user's rating, and how he said his score is also for clone fighters in general. So you know what? I'm gonna piggyback off of him, and increase Doodlebob's chances as a clone.

But Nickelodeon should be prepared for some butthurt TMNT fans in case the other two Turtles are clones of the ones already in the first game. Just a spare thought.

Want: 25%
Whether unique or echo, I wouldn't mind having him in the game. Sure, he has a smaller impact, but what an impact he has.

Predictions:
Project M Green Hill Zone equivalent: 20%
I don't know what would come from this, but with how a few official Smash stages have NASB equivalents, like Final Destination, I guess this can happen at some point.

Assist Trophy equivalent: 5% for this game, 30% for the sequel
It's too late to have assistant characters for baseline Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, but I think it could help the sequel sell more copies. Besides, it's not like the voting pool is too small to consider this.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
also come with with the downside of seeming "cheap" and potentially dragging the game's reputation further
I don't think clones would have the negative effect Hugh did (unless they started flooding the roster, which I'm 99% sure will never happen), especially if they're marketed like echoes in Smash.

Doodlebob would make for a good echo with some interesting tweaks (such as changing Spongebob's bubble attack to him bowling a ball of drawn sand at the opponent, but instead of hovering in the air it travels along the ground).

But Nickelodeon should be prepared for some butthurt TMNT fans in case the other two Turtles are clones of the ones already in the first game. Just a spare thought.
Raphael could feasibly be a semiclone of Leonardo, but matching Donatello's staff with a clone would be too difficult.

Last edited:
Raphael could feasibly be a semiclone of Leonardo, but matching Donatello's staff with a clone would be too difficult.
I wasn't saying that putting the other Turtles as echo fighters couldn't happen. I was saying that if it did happen, Nick would have to contend with people who think they deserve four separate movesets. No harm to the TMNT fandom, but I've seen some of the bloodshed that Smash fans get over for stuff like this.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
MEHOY MENOY
Chance: 15%
Want: 90%

You know how every thing has that one off character that really sticks, officially and fandom wise? Touhou has Flandre Scarlet, Invader ZIM has TAK, SpongeBob has DoodleBob.
Even to this day people bring him up a lot when talking about the show, he’s a complete meme and has tons of merchandise centered around him so it’s not like he’s a nobody character.
DoodleBob won’t come before Squidward, absolutely not, but I could see him as a genuine possibility for a “minor character” pick. Guy is no stranger to video games either, appearing in a few as a boss and being the main antagonist of another.
I still say at least after Squidward, SBSP rep should be allowed to start getting weird, and DoodleBob would be a fine choice.

noms for Asami Sato

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Doodlebob

Chance - 5% - Doodlebob get in mostly on clone potential. While he can't really get in based on his own merits, he can easily get by based on his similarities to Spongebob. The question is if clones are something this game is going to do; I don't think so. Clones are made to be quick filler, and this doesn't seem feasible at the moment.

Want - 40% - Eh. I'd rather have unique characters.

Predictions

Green Hill Zone stage - 12.24% - I have no clue.

Assist trophy - 1.43% - Maybe next game.

Nominations

Donnie Thornberry X30

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I don't know where you're getting the idea that Hugh negatively impacted NASB's reputation from. How I remember it, the reaction was primarily positive from outsiders.
The only negative reception I saw to Hugh was specifically from people who DON'T play NASB. Everyone I know who cares even a little about NASB was all over Hugh's reveal.

Anyhoo, DoodleBob:

I'm more or less considering this the chance of us getting clone fighters in the future, since if we get any, DoodleBob'll be among them. For being a one-or-I-guess-two-off, DoodleBob has become one of, if not the most famous bit player in Nickelodeon history, even if people aren't asking for him in this game specifically. He for sure has unique moveset potential with the giant pencil, but even then, they could make him a partial clone who borrows most of his normals from SpongeBob, but whips out the magic pencil for his specials. And, well, I'm sure I don't need to remind y'all how willing these devs are to buck traditional character hierarchy when it comes to roster picks. (He'd also be a villain, for those who care.) We don't really have to worry about SpongeBob being overrepresented either because, well, it's SpongeBob. It can have as many characters as it damn well wants.

Want: 60%

I'd never really considered this prior to today, but after thinking it over... sure, why not? I wouldn't want DoodleBob to get in as the next full SpongeBob rep before Squidward or Mr. Krabs, but as a budget clone, I actually think he'd be a really fun idea as a left-field inclusion. He's well remembered for a reason: Frankendoodle is one of the most memorable and best episodes of SpongeBob's golden years. Hell, what if he came with a similarly low-effort stage constructed entirely of crude doodles? It'd basically be NASB's Pictochat! C'mon, you can't tell me that wouldn't be at least kind of cool.

(Also, if anyone hates on NASB for having clone characters, they're not gonna be happy when they see the damn-near-every-other fighting game on Earth that's doing the same to some degree.)

PMGHZ Prediction: 9%
For how popular of a stage layout this apparently is, I've never actually seen another platform fighter try to emulate it. Maybe NASB will be where it happens, but I doubt it.

AT Prediction: 3%
Really entirely depends on if people are rating based on the current game or a potential sequel (which would be GREAT to get a verdict on, by the way).

Noms to Mr. Crocker

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Where's the leak ma'am

Chance: 6%

I'm pretty much rolling along with the people above. I was going to give him an even lower score until I saw people discussing him being a clone. Now clones are something that I never really thought about for this game, but they do occur in the majority of fighting games so it is a valid point that needs to be considered. I'm not going to get into the semantics of arguing for and against clone characters(I'll save it for another time, thanks for the idea) but right now I just don't think they'll happen. Basically, I can see them as a bit of extra content during the wait of the next game but idk I just don't think clones are a priority. Not to mention there is the the famous, demanded trio which is the elephant in the room.

But still, Doodlebob is a character to look out for. His episode is iconic and what separates him from the other one-ish-off characters like Bubble Bass is that he has dat god dam moveset potential which is a big draw in his favor.

Want: 60%

**** it I want him in. Sure, from my perspective it would make sense to include at least one more major character before delving more into the side characters. But Doodlebob is just so damn charming and funny. I'd be down with him.

Noms will go to a new concept: DLC clone characters x5

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
The only negative reception I saw to Hugh was specifically from people who DON'T play NASB. Everyone I know who cares even a little about NASB was all over Hugh's reveal.
I play the game. Quite like it.

And I hate that Hugh got in before Jimmy. I wouldn't mind so much if Jimmy had gotten in first, but having just Hugh there leaves an incredibly sour taste in my mouth.

And I'm FAR from the only one. I've seen people talking about it on reddit, Discord, and even some people here on SB.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I play the game. Quite like it.

And I hate that Hugh got in before Jimmy. I wouldn't mind so much if Jimmy had gotten in first, but having just Hugh there leaves an incredibly sour taste in my mouth.

And I'm FAR from the only one. I've seen people talking about it on reddit, Discord, and even some people here on SB.

I'm not getting wrapped up in the Hugh discourse again. At this point, you either like the guy or you don't and either way, that's great. I just think arguing over whether people who do not play this game like him or not on a day that isn't even tangentially related to him is silly. Why are we getting more discourse about Hugh today than when his name was in the damn title? Honestly, we have this conversation every month between here and the general thread. Topic be damned, THIS is what getting Hugh'd is.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium

I'm not getting wrapped up in the Hugh discourse again. At this point, you either like the guy or you don't and either way, that's great. I just think arguing over whether people who do not play this game like him or not on a day that isn't even tangentially related to him is silly. Why are we getting more discourse about Hugh today than when his name was in the damn title? Honestly, we have this conversation every month between here and the general thread. Topic be damned, THIS is what getting Hugh'd is.
All I was doing was correcting you about your false assumption

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
All I was doing was correcting you about your false assumption
What assumption? Did I say literally every person who plays this game likes Hugh? We get it, you don't like Hugh, but that doesn't undermine any of what I said. You can't disprove my experience with your equally subjective experience.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What assumption? Did I say literally every person who plays this game likes Hugh? We get it, you don't like Hugh, but that doesn't undermine any of what I said. You can't disprove my experience with your equally subjective experience.
just ignore them. in my experience gryff fills in the blanks with whatever takes their fancy

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
"the only negative reception I saw for Hugh was from people who don't play the game. Everyone I know who cares even a little about NASB was all over Hugh"

Which is objectively incorrect as I know you've seen people here on the boards, myself included, talk about it negatively, so it's less of an assumption and more of a straw man argument, really

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
"the only negative reception I saw for Hugh was from people who don't play the game. Everyone I know who cares even a little about NASB was all over Hugh"

Which is objectively incorrect as I know you've seen people here on the boards, myself included, talk about it negatively, so it's less of an assumption and more of a straw man argument, really
I see you conveniently left the word "reveal" out of my quote. I was referring to when he was announced since I was under the impression that was what the past tense here was referring to. If the anti-Hugh crowd were here then, I didn't see them complaining. The people who I saw ragging on Hugh that day had already been on the NASB hate train for some time and also weren't on Smashboards. I honestly think dunking on Hugh's more of a meme among people who don't play the game than anyone else, but considering he comes up every other week around here, maybe I'm wrong. Hell, you can check the official Discord server, most fans of the game are nowhere NEAR this vocal about the funny duck dad.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Doodlebob
Chance: 11.14%
Want: 47.5%

Winner is M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye with 2%! You get 5 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 305

Papa Smurf x94
Biggie Cheese x81
Sam Manson x80
Donnie Thornberry x70
Bunsen x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Rango x55
Purple & Brown x54
Concept: Cel-shaded graphics in NASB 2 x35
Ickis x30
Danger Mouse x30
Betty Boop x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Edgar and Ellen x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
Asami Sato x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Swiper x13
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
David the Gnome x10
Mighty Mouse x10
Vicky x10
Captain MooBeard x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Concept: DLC Clone Characters x10
Bert the Fish x10
Johnny Knoxville x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Asami Sato x10
Gnorm Gnat x9
Phoebe Heyerdahl x5

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout and Concept: Assist Trophy-equivalent

Predict Concept: 2 or more SpongeBob characters as DLC

Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout

Chance: 20% - This certainly could happen. The devs have designated several stages to be Smash-equivilants for the sake of the competitive scene. We already have Final Destination, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium 2, two variants of Smashville, Kalos Pokemon League, etc. So a competitive-based project M variant of a stage may be on their radar next. It certainly wouldn't be difficult to implement, it's just a block with a swinging platform. I guess it really depends on if the devs want to mix more stages into competitive or if they think what they have is enough.

Want: 0% - I have no idea why this stage is so popular. They took one of the most unique and flavorful stages in Smash and sucked out all of the soul. I don't like neutering stages for competitiveness' sake, and Project M's Green Hill has to be one of the most boring stages I've ever seen. I'd feel bad for whichever character/franchise got stuck checking this competitive Smash checkbox and being denied a more fun and unique/creative stage.

Concept: Assist Trophy-equivalent

Chance: 3% -
For the current entry I don't see this happening at all. Any budget left in this game is likely being directed towards new characters, a feature like assist trophies would require resources that this game just doesn't have. I can certainly see it happening for a sequel, and it'd make for a great selling point! But right now it just isn't in the cards.

Want: 100% - Hell yeah I'd love these! Assist trophies (when a character isn't stuck as one three games in a row despite fan demand) are such a great idea, and a great way to both add new and fun events to fights while incorporating less-prioritized characters in creative ways outside of fighters! I don't really see characters like Larry, Mrs. Puff, Casey Jones, etc becoming playable anytime soon, but assist trophies would be a great way to implement them in the meantime! Mrs. Puff would be super fun, having her drive around and if she gets hit she puffs up and becomes a big dangerous spike ball for a short time that rolls around. There's tons of possibilities! With the amount of love the devs put into this game I can certainly see them doing something incredible with an assist trophy-like concept!

Nominations:
Sam Manson x10
Purple and Brown x10

Predictions:
2 or More Spongebob characters as DLC - 31.67% - Could happen, though it's a coin toss. We're likely to get at least one if this DLC cycle continues, but two is a bit less plausible.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
GHZ chance: 60%
NASB has taken inspiration from PM's stagelist in the past - what with Tremorton basically being a Delfino clone - and GHZ is one of the PM's most popular stages, with a quirky, horizontal-recovery and combo-enabling layout that fits a fast-paced, mobility centric game like NASB very well and, like most competitive stages, can be easily reinterpreted to a variety of themes. The main problem I see in it's path is a potential attempt to appeal more to casual players - and even then, GHZ is a pretty casual-friendly layout compared to say, Wario Land or one of the Rivals layouts - and a preferance towards canon Smash stage layouts like Yoshi's Story, the aforementioned Wario Land, or one of the Town & City phases.

Want: 100%
Love me some competitive stages, even with items on, and supporting competitive play is a crucial part of NASB's identity. I could imagine this layout fitting a second Rugrats stage to a T as a swing set - and it's not like Fairy World or whatever being made into PM GHZ would rob us of some alternative wackier version of the stage. I feel like this stage would be really fun to slide and schmove about on with NASB's movement system - it would benefit Nigel especially a lot given how good his suair is at KOing.

All noms for Dr. Hutchison

2 or more Bob prediction: 5%
Man, this submission aged poorly, didn't it?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I see you conveniently left the word "reveal" out of my quote. I was referring to when he was announced since I was under the impression that was what the past tense here was referring to. If the anti-Hugh crowd were here then, I didn't see them complaining. The people who I saw ragging on Hugh that day had already been on the NASB hate train for some time and also weren't on Smashboards. I honestly think dunking on Hugh's more of a meme among people who don't play the game than anyone else, but considering he comes up every other week around here, maybe I'm wrong. Hell, you can check the official Discord server, most fans of the game are nowhere NEAR this vocal about the funny duck dad.
Considering I'm in that Discord and have had people agree with me...

And whether or not it's reveal or after, the fact of the matter is I was there at the reveal, I was there in the Discord at the reveal, and while there were people who disagreed with me, there were just as many who DID agree with me. Just because you want to ignore it doesn't mean it's not there.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Snowglobe of Doom
Chance: 5%.
For this game at least. For the next one, who knows. ATs take 1/10th of a fighter's resources, but I really doubt they even are going to make more DLC, and if I don't think they'd have resources for more DLC fighters, they sure don't have the resources for a decent amount of ATs.

Want: 25%.
This depends on how they handle making sure ATs eventually, probably get a chance to be playable. Several characters on NASB's roster already are on the tier of characters Smash thinks are only worthy of an eternity of AT Hell, and if they're familiar enough to know about Smash fans who want Melee gameplay and 90's Scrimblos, they should be aware of how much Waluigi, Isaac etc. fans hate seeing their characters getting AT'd (except Shovel Knight ones for some reason). Either they should:

A. Have Thaddeus or someone else at Ludosity inform people ATs can still be DLC fighters
B. Have the ATs consist of characters no one's talking about, not even in a haha funny context. So like, the Snorch from Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, or Libby from Jimmy Neutron.
C. An idea I've seen on the NASB Discord is that ATs should truly be "diet fighters": That is, they're both playable and assists, but since they're designed to be assists and not full fighters, they only have the bare minimum to make a somewhat functioning fighter. Like Zero's AT does in SSBU.

Last edited:
Fields of Splat
It could happen some time later, but I doubt it would happen now. We barely see information on NASB as it is. However, I can see why this can be on the table.

Want: 2%
I have no idea what this would even look like, so I can't judge for sure if I want this. Besides, I'm not that big on actually playing video games. There, I said it.

Concept: Assist Trophy equivalent
Chance: 10% for this game, 50% for the sequel
If the Green Hill Zone stand-in isn't likely, this definitely isn't. However, next to Squidward, Timmy Turner, and Donatello, I can see this as a big selling point for the next entry, like how Melee almost had Assist Capsules in the game.

I'd go over 100% if I could. I love having assist characters in a crossover fighting game. Plus, given how many Nicktoon characters are wanted, I can see at least 20-30 Assists in the sequel to NASB. Just make sure to not irk the fanbase this way, okay?

Predictions:
Concept: 2 or more Spongebob characters as DLC
Chance: 10%
Better to just wait for the sequel. Even without that, I think we'd just get Squidward as an additional Spongebob rep if we were going for this game's DLC run.

Nominations:
Concept: Middle School Moguls rep x5
Mina and the Count x25
Mork (Mork and Mindy) x25
Concept: Promotional pick x50

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
how much Waluigi, Isaac etc. fans hate seeing their characters getting AT'd (except Shovel Knight ones for some reason).
People weren't mad by the fact that they were assists (people were actually very happy to see them during the Brawl days), they were mad that they were stuck as assists for three straight games despite the demand to make them full fighters.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Skipping on the stage predictions (but I do think that will be the layout of Toy Palace, Chuckie's home stage)

Assist Trophies
Chance: 0% (for NASB itself), 60% (for a sequel)

I'm not really expecting this to happen for NASB right now. There might not be much left in terms of updates. But, for a sequel, it's pretty likely. I have tons of ideas for ATs, like the Dirty Bubble (who would envelop players in his body and carry them up to the top blast line), Lily Loud (who would soil her diaper, creating a massive gas cloud that would damage players and impair visibility), and more.

I absolutely want to see assists in this game. They would add more variety to matches and be extremely cool to see characters who can't work as fighters have a chance in this game. That's why I like assist trophies to begin with.

Noms: Phoebe Heyerdahl x10

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
ATs:

Chance: 0% (this game), 48% (NASB 2)
I can't really imagine something this major being DLC, especially given it'd take a lot of work and you can't really make people pay for an item with an RNG chance of appearing. That being said, for a sequel, this is a major selling point. The only real issue I can see is a major one though: performance issues. This game can barely handle rain particles, ATs would be a MAJOR undertaking.

Want: 20%
Eh? For one thing, I'd rather just load all the C and D-list side characters into the playable roster, NASB's weird roster choices were the whole reason I was interested in it in the first place, but there's also the gameplay: ATs can be fun in the right environment, but I'm not sure if uber-fast NASB with it's mostly tiny stages is that right environment. I also like how easy it is to combo in NASB, and I feel like having Heffer run around and do your work for you takes away from that fun - plus a lot of NASB's items are basically ATs as is. Then again, I could just turn off the AT item, heh. Now, a Fraymakers-style charged assist system, or even a variant on the Kart Racers' crew system, where you can choose your assists and summon them at will? Sign me up!

Any extra votes from this rating also to Hutch.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout
Chance: 31.66%
Want: 34%

Winner is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with 38.43%! I get 5 Extra noms!

Concept: Assist Trophy-equivalent
Chance: 3.6% (33.2% for a sequel)
Want: 69%

Winner is Ze Diglett Ze Diglett with 3%! You get 30 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Ze Diglett: 55
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 225
DrifloonEmpire: 5

Sam Manson x90
Biggie Cheese x81
Donnie Thornberry x70
Bunsen x65
Purple & Brown x64
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Rango x55
Concept: Promotional pick x50
Concept: Cel-shaded graphics in NASB 2 x35
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x31
Ickis x30
Danger Mouse x30
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Mork (Mork and Mindy) x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Edgar and Ellen x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
Asami Sato x15
Phoebe Heyerdahl x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Swiper x13
David the Gnome x10
Mighty Mouse x10
Vicky x10
Captain MooBeard x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Concept: DLC Clone Characters x10
Bert the Fish x10
Johnny Knoxville x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Asami Sato x10
Gnorm Gnat x9
Middle School Moguls rep x5

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: 2 or more SpongeBob characters as DLC

Predict Papa Smurf

Concept: 2 or more SpongeBob characters as DLC

Chance: 5% - This concept is in an interesting position, but for this game I don't really see it happening. We didn't get a Spongebob character in the first pass, and with the dev's radio silence the likelihood of another pass and the rumors of an upcoming sequel I just don't see there being room for two in the current cycle. Most of the in-demand Spongebob reps are likely to be potential sequel base game picks so there'd be other priorities once its' DLC cycle rolls around. The demand is certainly there, but the schedule is not working in its' favor.

Want: 100% - Yes PLEASE! Squidward and Krabs are among my most wanted, and you can never have too much Spongebob! Though for variety's sake I would put the two into different packs. More than that might be pushing it a bit, at least for DLC, but I wouldn't be upset about it either!

Nominations:
Purple and Brown x10
Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x5

Predictions:
Papa Smurf - 4.78% - Nick did recently strike a deal to produce some new Smurfs movies, so the promotional power is there but the fan demand is not. I don't expect confident scores, at least not for this game.

THERE'S TWO OF THEM?!
Chance: 4%
Each day, we get closer and closer to an actual sequel getting revealed. Couple that with how we haven't gotten sufficient news about the game since Fall with Rocko's release date, and it's not likely to even get any new DLC characters. Not even from their manatee of a franchise, Spongebob. Maybe for said sequel, we can get two newcomers from Bikini Bottom, but not now.

I mean, this is Spongebob Squarepants we're talking about. It's a miracle that it's not the most populated franchise on the roster already. Not only that, but I myself have grown up with the Sponge, so I would also like multiple newcomers for personal childhood-related reasons. And once we get Squidward, Krabs, and Plankton out of the way, who knows who can get an invite next. That's where the fun begins...

Papa Smurf: 6%
They do have a new movie coming out from the Nickelodeon Movies label, rather than Sony Pictures Animation's house. Plus, there was somehow some overlap between Garfield and Friends and the original Smurfs cartoon back in 1988-1990 on Saturday Mornings, networks be darned. That said, a guest character is a guest character, and I'd rather have him in MultiVersus instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom