• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

THE LEADERBOARD + HALL OF FAME
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

King Goobot
Chance: 2.37%
Want: 32%

Winner is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with 2.37%! I get 10 Extra noms!

Spike
Chance: 2.65%
Want: 36%

Winner is M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye with 3%! You get 25 Extra noms!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DaUsername: 502
Baysha: 10
Darkonedagger: 140
Ze Diglett: 25
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 625
DrifloonEmpire: 10
--------------------------

Henry & June x95
Concept: Nick Jr. Rep x95
Papa Smurf x94
Doodlebob x90
Alvin & The Chipmunks x88
Pelswick x80
Biggie Cheese x79
Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x79
Concept: 2 or more SpongeBob characters as DLC x70
Concept: Music DLC x67
Bunsen x65
Concept: More alt costumes x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Rango x55
Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo) x50
Denzel Crocker x45
Terrytoons representation x31
Ickis x30
Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x30
Danger Mouse x30
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Purple & Brown x20
Mr. Horse x15
Concept: Non-80's TMNT representation x15
Concept: Camp Koral and/or Patrick Show representation x13
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Donnie Thornberry x10
Nosferatu (SpongeBob) x10
Vicky x10
Mrs. Puff x10
Sam Manson x10
Concept: Assist Trophy-equivalent x10
Concept: Non-Timmy First Fairly OddParents Rep x6
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Man Ray x5
Reggie Rocket x5
Speed Racer x5
Count Duckula x4
Swiper x3
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1

DAY OVER

Rate Larry the Lobster

Predict Dark Laser (Fairly OddParents)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry the Lobster

Chance: 3% - Larry's got an unhill battle to climb! While he was a very notable and prominantly-featured side character, and even got chosen as a playable character in Nicktoons MLB, his chances are very slim. Squidward, Krabs, and Plankton are all Top 25 character, and I don't see us getting four newcomers for DLC or a potential sequel. Once we finish the Spongebob main cast I can see people putting their eye on characters like him or Mrs. Puff, but for right now he doesn't have the demand or benefits to outpace the Spongebob heavy-hitters!

Want: 30% - Larry's a fun character, and with the anchor toss item already in the game it'd be fun to see him toss them around! Still, even then, I wanna see at least Squidward + Krabs first. They're much funnier and overall way more significant to the series. Thankfully, with Spongebob being a cash cow and an in-demand series, we'll more than likely be able to have our cake and eat it too, so it won't be long before we get the rest of the Spongebob Superstars and have the rest of Spongebob's library available to us. Larry was a lovable character, and definitely played a big role in some very notable episodes, so once Squid/Krabs/maybe Plankton are in I'd be more than happy to have him in the game! Livin' like Larry!

Nominations:
Pelswick x10
Concept: Assist Trophy-equivalent x10

Predictions:
Dark Laser - 1.26% - A very memorable two-off villain, but aside from his Flipsee memes he really has nothing going for him, especially with Timmy's Demand and several more popular second-rep candidates. No confident scores here!

Last edited:
Observe.
Chance: 5%
On the bright side, at least he's on the high end of recurring Spongebob characters. Even with that, there's still the Krabs/Squid/Plankton triangle he has to deal with. And even still, there are other non-main characters on the table, like Mrs. Puff, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, Patchy the Pirate, Fred the Fish, and from a promotional standpoint, even Squidina Star has as much of a chance as Larry the Lobster does. In short, he's nothing special in the grand scheme of NASB speculation.

Want: 25%
I wouldn't mind seeing him in the game, but there are at least five more deserving Spongebob reps before we get to Larry. Not even Mario or Pokemon could attempt this without getting some scorn in Smash, so what chance does Nickelodeon's primary cash cow manatee have? Heck, if we want to pull the "marine biology" card that TierZoo is known for on Youtube, Mr. Krabs has the crustacean circuit locked in his favor. Basically, it's gonna be tough to beat everyone else.

Dark Laser: 0.99%
Slightly less than one percent, because putting aside his impact as a two-off villain, we may have to contend with the Disney lawyers now that they own Star Wars entirely. And to deal with those guys, why not just haggle for Quailman in the game instead?

Splaat (Klasky-Csupo logo) x10
Mrs. Puff x10
Concept: Assist Trophy equivalent x45
Filburt x15
Mighty Mouse x5
Reggie Rocket x10
Speed Racer x5
Count Duckula x5
Swiper x10
Ultra Fishbunjin 5000 x5
Gnorm Gnat x1
Mikey Simon x4

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Chance: 35%
Want: 15%

As I've said before, I feel like we've got enough ground covered as far as important Spongebob characters go, with three main characters and another possibly on the way that we can start really considering some more obscure side character picks.
Larry is one I haven't thought much about up until now, but would be all for. Larry has been playable in a Nick crossover before, is a prominent enough supporting character who has even had a few focus episodes here and there. Larry is a fairly reasonable choice for a "side character before another main character" pick.
I'd still want Krabs in over him, but I wouldn't complain if we got him.

Dark Laser: 1%
noms for Sam Manson

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Larry the Lobster

Chance - 12.5% - I can see a world where he gets in. Despite the outcry to have SpongeBob have certain characters, due to having the main character there is a bit less pressure to have the the next most major character. Larry, due to having a lifeguard and sports jock identities, has the potential to jump ahead if a good enough move set idea comes to them. That said, the outcry for particular SpongeBob characters and limited roster space makes this an uphill battle.

Want - 60% - Eh, why not? I think he could be fun, and I don't mind SpongeBob dipping into a bit more of the lesser side if they can be more fun.

Predictions

Dark Laser - 1.23% - Why is everyone saying he was a two-off? Didn't he start to become a reoccurring character around Season 6?

Nominations

Donnie Thornberry X5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Larry the Lobster
Chance: 13.87%
Want: 32.5%

Winner is Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario with 6%! You get 5 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 500
Wario Wario Wario: 5

Papa Smurf x94
Doodlebob x90
Pelswick x90
Biggie Cheese x81
Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x81
Bunsen x65
Concept: Assist Trophy-equivalent x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo) x60
Rango x55
Denzel Crocker x45
Ickis x30
Danger Mouse x30
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Purple & Brown x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
Sam Manson x20
Donnie Thornberry x20
Mr. Horse x15
Reggie Rocket x15
Swiper x13
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Mighty Mouse x10
Vicky x10
Speed Racer x10
Count Duckula x9
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x7
Concept: Non-Timmy First Fairly OddParents Rep x7
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Bert the Fish x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Man Ray x5
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x4
Pigeon Man x2
Gnorm Gnat x2

DAY OVER

Rate Dark Laser (Fairly OddParents)

Predict Henry & June and Concept: Nick Jr. Rep

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Laser

Chance: 0.1% - While he was certainly a memrorable villain on the show, and a hilarious one as well, he has all of the issues Mark Chang had but amplified. Nobody's asking for him, especially when Timmy's not in yet, and after that the Crocker/Chin/Jorgen trio. I don't know what the community thinks of him, but he doesn't have anywhere near the positives Hugh had to help propel him into a slot, especially when it's a DLC slot. DLC generally isn't kind to lesser-known characters, and Dark Laser is no exception.

Want: 10% - He was really funny and I loved his Flipsee gag, but I really don't think we should be getting any Fairly OddParents characters before Timmy. There's literally no reason to pass him over. After he gets in, though? Sure! he's got a lot of moveset potential and is basically the closest we'd get to having Star Wars in this game!

Nominations:
Pelswick x10

Predictions:
Henry & June - 15.36% - Gonna roll higher on this one. While they aren't top 10, and thus I'm not expecting them, the devs love the 90's and they did have a decent poll showing, so they could get some decent scores for being dark horse candidates.

Nick Jr. Rep - 23.94% - Basing this off of the scores Dora and Blue got, they've both got a decent amount of fan demand so I expect a decent amount of confident scores. Especially when we take shows like The Backyardagins into effect, that also has a decent poll showing, along with memes on its' side.

Dark Laser
Chance: 0%
Yeah, I'm going there. Dark Laser has no chance in Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. Not only is he a relatively obscure FOP character, but Timmy's not in the game yet. Plus, there's a chance Disney could get trigger happy on the lawsuits now that they own Star Wars outright, a theory that I mentioned in my prediction for him.

Want: 15%
Despite his zero chances, I do hold some enjoyment for him regardless. Mainly for the Flipsy joke, which can just be added in as an Item. Plus, it could be fun seeing Nickelodeon's version of Darth Vader being beaten down by a sea sponge and a Ninja Turtle.

Nominations:
Speed Racer x5
Count Duckula x5
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x5
Concept: Non-Timmy First FOP Rep x5
Concept: THQ Nicktoons Games acknowledgment or representation x10
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Bert the Fish x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Man Ray x5
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x10
Pigeon Man x5
Gnorm Gnat x5
In case you couldn't tell, I'm giving the ones with the least nominations some help.

Predictions:
Henry and June: 20%
After we get Norbert and/or Daggett, I can see some KaBlam! representation in the cards. It would have to be something Nick already owns the rights to, making the show's hosts good candidates for the spot.

Concept: Nick Jr. Rep: 50%
I know I might be highballing it for this concept, but between Dora, Blue, and a PAW Patrol rep, it's not like there aren't options. Heck, maybe Binyah could be our Nick Jr. rep, who really knows?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Careful, he's got Disney lawyers now.
Chance: 0.5%
Want: abstain

Another Fairly OddParents character who isn't Timmy Turner, the current #2 most requested character for the game. Dark Laser doesn't really stand much of a chance getting in now, and he doesn't really seem like much of a second pick either.
Yes, he did get more appearances as the show went on, and was even part of the villain team up episode, solidifying him as a member of Timmy's rogues gallery... but he's still really freakin' obscure by any standard anyway, so there's no way they'd put him in over Chin or Crocker. And even if he was just a two-shot, he doesn't have the one-hit wonder memorability that, say, Doodlebob has.

noms for Purple and Brown

Henry and June: 5%
Nick Jr: 35%

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Dark Laser

Chance - 0.25% - A Fairly Odd Parents character who isn't Timmy is a hard sell. Dark Laser, in addition, only really became prominent after most people stopped watching the series. The main thing going for him is that he's practically Darth Vader, and thus has very inherent moveset potential, a Powdered Toad Man edge if you will... assuming that Disney doesn't get in the way.

Want - 45% - Timmy should obviously get in first, but there's something about Laser that tickles my fancy. I mean, it's not-Darth Vader, and he would be fun.

Prediction

Henry and June - 16.24% - At least they own these guys...

Nick Jr. Rep - 24.54% - Eh... not certain how to feel about these guys.

Nominations

Donnie Thornberry x5

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dark Clark: 0.15%
As much as I think it'd be cool, Timmy getting Hugh'd is not very likely without Hugh-level demand. Hugh, an overwhelmingly fan requested character, got enough backlash as is, and you don't want to risk that response with a character you're negotiating for. Even when/if Timmy gets in, I don't think this guy would place over Crocker, Chin, Jorgen, or even a more fringe pick like Trixie or Timmy's Dad in fan demand, and he barely has any canon powers to make him an appealing choice to the devs if they were to ignore fan demand.

That being said, to address one of the points I'm seeing a lot, I don't see why Disney would sue over Laser, he doesn't even really look like Vader at all, and Disney haven't sued a commercially-released parody since... Family Guy's "I Need a Jew" song in the 00s, I think?

Any extra noms from this writeup - again - to PM GHZ

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Not a rating but how is it that nobody ever thinks of Vicky as a FOP rep, she's one of the other most important characters to the series and she has unlimited moveset potential with the kind of, well, devices she likes to use in her career

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Not a rating but how is it that nobody ever thinks of Vicky as a FOP rep, she's one of the other most important characters to the series and she has unlimited moveset potential with the kind of, well, devices she likes to use in her career
I guess because isn't as "memey" as characters like Chin or Crocker, though you'd think she'd still be brought up at some point.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I guess because isn't as "memey" as characters like Chin or Crocker, though you'd think she'd still be brought up at some point.
I definitely think Vicky is more likely than a lot of people give her credit for.
That said, there really isn't much point to nominating or rating FOP characters right now. We can't even get the main character because of something they aren't telling us about. I don't even know how Dark Laser of all characters even got up so high to begin with.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Dark Laser
Chance: 0.2%

Want: 23%

Winner is M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye with 0.99%! You get 20 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 445

Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x96
Papa Smurf x94
Doodlebob x90
Biggie Cheese x81
Bunsen x65
Concept: Assist Trophy-equivalent x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo) x60
Rango x55
Denzel Crocker x45
Ickis x30
Purple & Brown x30
Danger Mouse x30
Donnie Thornberry x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
Sam Manson x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x13
Swiper x13
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Mighty Mouse x10
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Johnny Knoxville x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x7
Gnorm Gnat x7

DAY OVER

Rate Henry & June and Concept: Nick Jr. Rep

Predict Pelswick, Concept: Non-Timmy First FOP Rep and Concept: Non-Jimmy Second JN Rep

Henry & June

Chance: 10% - KaBlam, despite being a cult classic, never got the best treatment from Nickelodeon, and despite getting 47 episodes, it wasn't promoted very often. Even now, with Nick going all-in on 90's nostalgia, you never really see them featured on merch or anything like that, even all of those mugs and shirts that have LOADS of characters on them! So whether Nick would approve of them or not remains to be seen (especially since their show has licensing issues? It could just be music though). There's also the matter of a lack of fan demand. Unlike Invader Zim, KaBlam's fanbase hasn't actively pushed for its' representation. Looking at the mega poll, June ranked 96th, with Henry doing even worse at 109th. NOT a good position to be in (and unlike, say, The Loud House, KaBlam doesn't have the corporate push to make up for some of that missing demand). Finally, technical issues, we have yet to have an Ice Climbers-esque character, and thus unless it is Pyra/Mythra-esque swapping I don't see the two together in one slot. Then again, a sequel's likely gonna have a bigger budget out of the gate, and Nick does at least own these two, so I wouldn't count it out entirely. Still, I'm not putting any money on these two.

Want: 20% - Never watched KaBlam as a kid, and the little experience of them I have is from commercial bumpers and such. Plus the 90's is already extremely well-represented, so I don't really feel any urge to push for more (most of my most wanted are 2000's anyway! XDDDDD). Still, they are reasonably significant, have plenty of goofy moveset potential, and would feel more fitting to rep KaBlam than a sketch character like Prometheus or The Flesh. I'd be okay with them, but they aren't characters I'd get excited for.

Concept: Nick Jr. Rep

Chance: 20% -
Nick Jr.'s a bit weird in this regard. We don't know if Nick would approve of a Nick Jr. character in a fighting game to begin with (especially since they're supposed to be more warm and welcoming, rather than wacky and slapstick-heavy), but if they do, there's three choices that come to mind.

The first is Blue, the iconic puppy and one of Nick as a whole's longest-running shows. It received loads of merchandise, spin-offs, and even a recent revival, which provides some easy marketing opportunities with Blue's inclusion! Loads of Nick fans these days grew up on the show, and that has clearly reflected in Blue's fan demand! She's no Top 25, but 31st is still a fantastic place to be! By and far the frontrunner!

Second is Dora, who we've discussed in detail in the past! She herself has seen much of the same success as Blue, with spinoffs/merch/the works! She even got a Live Action movie aimed at an older audience, so that provides a form of Dora that likely wouldn't run into any brand image kerfuffles! She sits at 49th place on the poll, and while that isn't fantastic it's still nothing to scoff at. If anything, she could even get in as a meme pick, since the Box Art during prerelease made her part of the All Star Brawl mythos already! Not as big as Blue, but still a good contender!

Finally, there's Pablo, the penguin from The Backyardigans . For whatever reason this show became both a guilty pleasure for adults and a source of memes, even sporting some surprisingly catchy music (you even see it on Wombo.AI of all things, and MULTIPLE of them!). That kind of meme power's definitely appealing to the devs. Combine that with his 41st poll placement and you've got a recipe for a good dark horse candidate!

When it comes to other well-known Nick Jr. series, a lot of them run into pitfalls for one reason or another. LazyTown's both acquired and is Live Action (with all of the issues that entails) Franklin and Little Bear are well-known but are also acquired. Oswald's Nick-owned but is marketed as a warm, kind, and welcoming character (to the point of Viacom using clips of angry Spongebob in comparison to showcase Oswald's friendliness in his ads. That honestly shocked me as a kid!), so they wouldn't want him anywhere near a fighting game. Gullah Gullah Island and Oobi are live action, and while the former at least has the frog character, the latter would be.... very difficult to do, given Oobi's are just hands, so we never see their full bodies. Bubbleguppies and Team Umizoomi are ongoing and wholly Nick-owned, but have basically no fan demand. Lalaloopsy's a cute candidate but is also acquired and later made the jump to Netflix anyway. Finally, there's PAW Patrol, one of Nick's biggest cash cows, but despite how much the network loves it it's still acquired and has no fan demand. Looks like Chase sure as hell won't be on this case!

Overall, it's really a throwdown between the big three talked about above. There's fan demand for them, so there is incentive for Ludocity to ask for one of them, but whether or not Nick would approve is really up in the air. Keep in mine that the game's rated E-10+, so they wouldn't be able to bring the Nick Jr. audience to the game anyway.

Want: 50% - I do have a lot of memories of these characters! I didn't watch much Nick Jr. as a kid, but shows like Blue's Clues and LazyTown definitely stuck with me as time went on (hell, I even got to see the source episode of the famous "You Are a Pirate" LIVE ON TV!). Shows like Blue and Dora are also very important to Nick's history, so I wouldn't mind a slot or two dedicated to Nick Jr! I have bigger priorities, but it would be hard to say no to someone like Blue or Robbie Rotten!

Nominations:
Concept: Assist Trophy-equivalent x20

Predictions:
Pelswick - 0.46% - Hard to see confident scores for him. He gets plenty of respect for his show's message and being a good watch, but it hasn't translated into a high degree of fan demand. Alongside this, he's owned by Nelvana, and if they're gonna do talks with Nelvana it's gonna be for Timmy, not Pelswick.

Both Hugh Concepts - 5.12% - Expecting a person or two to give this a higher score so adjusting for that, but given the backlash against Hugh before Jimmy and the fact that Jimmy and Timmy are the top two characters demand-wise I don't expect Ludocity to do this again.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nicholas L. O'Dean the Second: 30%
It really all comes down to brand image regulations - the demand is there, the moveset potential sure is there, and I don't really see "who would this target?" as an issue given that nostalgia applies to these characters too (hence the demand), but the question is would Paramount be OK with it? And the answer is... muddled. Dora's been up to some hijinxs - her PG rated live action movie proudly proclaims "Dora's got a knife!" as a big gag moment in it's trailers, she's been allowed to say "jackass" out loud by technicality, and her next show seems to be following up the movie with the PG rating for the kids who grew up on Dora... albeit in live action, while an animated preschool show accompanies it. Also this. On the other hand, Nick Jr. properties have never crossed over with Nickelodeon properties (sans some adverts, theme parks, and mocking as-fiction references, such as in the Fred movie) and - as should be obvious - Dora beating the Shredder up would conflict with the character's brand image, something Nick are clearly very conscious of - if it's a full-on movie with a proper marketing push, you can just say you've changed the brand image, but if it's a small spin off game it's a little trickier. I think there's also a chance of the devs not prioritizing the idea or assuming from the get-go that it'd be rejected - though I should mention the official Discord does have NJ emotes.

Side note: If CN had an established-enough-to-be-nostalgic worldwide preschool branch I'd probably give the concept a WAY higher chance score for MVS, possibly even a 70+, given how much WB loves aging IPs up.

Want: 100%
I've always had an affection for "out-of-left-field" picks, and while maybe not a deep enough cut enough for my liking, a Nick Jr. rep would be a really cool surprise. As a kid I always thought it'd be cool if Dora and Blue were in Toybots, so I guess this would bring that dumb childhood fantasy full circle.

Noms for concept: Jimmy getting Double-Hugh'd

Pelswick prediction: 0%

Last edited:
No Relation...to Buster and Babs
Chance: 15%
It's easy to just say they're unlikely. But exactly how are they unlikely? For starters, all the good NickToons from the 90s are already in the game, and those that aren't should wait for the (inevitable) sequel. Second, we could see The Flesh represent KaBlam instead, since the Action League spun off from KaBlam in 2001, but the fact that he's "super naked" means parents would call for censorship off the bat. But at least Nick outright owns Henry and June, even making a pilot for a proposed spinoff starring them. It's not like they're impossible to get into this game.

Want: 45%
After we get more post-90s characters in, like from the 2000s and beyond, I wouldn't mind seeing Henry and June make it in. Either as a duo or as two separate fighters, I ain't picky.

Nick Jr. is Just for Me!
Chance: 25%
With how vast the Nick Jr. scope is, I'm going to tackle a few characters, and see what they could bring:

Blue: Beloved by all ages, relevant thanks to the revival and Paramount+ movie, and she'd be a quadrupedal female fighter if she got in.
Dora: At least she has her live-action movie to use as a reference, but her animated self would make Nickelodeon squeamish to attempt.
Pablo: A penguin? In a suburban backyard? It's more likely than you think. But really, he has the memes going for him, but The Backyardigans isn't as known as Blue's Clues or Dora the Explorer.
Rider and Chase: PAW Patrol is touted as the current "big franchise" for Nick Jr., but it's not a Nick-owned property. No matter how many feature-length movies get made.
Robbie Rotten: Yes, he's a meme juggernaut, but LazyTown is now a WB property, and he would have to contend against **** Dastardly for a MultiVersus invite as far as cartoonishly evil tricksters go. Not good.

Plus, there is an overall expectation for not seeing Nick Jr. characters interspersed with Nickelodeon worlds outside of promotional material. Oh, sure, the ad about Squidward hosting Blue's Clues is funny, but it was meant to be a joke to hype up Joe. A well-timed joke, but still a joke ad.

Want: 80%
I will fully admit to liking Dora the Explorer as a baby, but truthfully, I was much more of a Playhouse Disney or PBS Kids watcher than I was looking at Nick Jr. for my educational television fix. But I still wouldn't pass up a rep from that corner of Nickelodeon. Besides, we'd sooner get a Nick Jr. rep than a sitcom character, anyway.

Pelswick: 1%
I never considered him a Nicktoon to begin with. His show wasn't made under the Nickelodeon Animation Studios banner, so he's more like Count Duckula or Kappa Mikey in a way. Besides, what DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire said rings true to me: If Nelvana is getting in touch for this, it's for Timmy Turner, not Pelswick.

Nominations:
Pigeon Man x3
Gnorm Gnat x2
David the Gnome x10
Monkey (Monkey Quest) x10

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Noms for concept: Jimmy getting Double-Hugh'd
You know what, **** it... I'm bumping both this and Concept: Non-Timmy First Fairly OddParents Rep to tomorrow alongside Pelswick (he won't be much of a discussion anyway, plus Pelswick and Timmy are connected via Nelvana so both discussions will share some points, primarily about negotiations). You may add predictions for both if you've already posted your write-up.

Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario You may re-spec the noms you put down. This is my one gift to you....

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
especially since their show has licensing issues? It could just be music though
It's the music and certain shorts like Angela Anaconda. They finally got the music issues dealt with for Paramount+, but the episodes with AA shorts aren't available. But with that said here's my rating:

The only Nicktoon to have the F word in its theme song (seriously)
Chance: 10%.
Nick's been neglecting KaBlam! for about a decade when it comes to 90's nostalgia pandering. They've kind of been turning it around with things like actually getting licensing issues sorted out for P+ and posts like this which feature more Henry and June in a collection of every single Nicktoon/Nick Jr. cartoon ever than Little Bill, but it's at the same time when they've had to start catering to 2000s nostalgia more. Even before it's been shafted in the nostalgia pandering department, it's had to suffer when it comes to reruns due to rights to certain shorts and the show's entire soundtrack consisting of licensed music by the Toasters (and occasionally They Might Be Giants), and Nick hasn't been utilizing the ways they got around it (AKA airing the shorts that aren't a rights mess between commercials or as part of a spinoff) in the 2010s. Their best bet is if the guys at Ludosity want to show that they're really, REALLY 90's Nick fans...and they can successfully fight with Nick to get them to agree.

Want: 100%.
I don't really care about the idea that we have enough 90s when decade ratios are always going to be lopsided anyway, considering the company we're dealing with and how certain 2000s/10s shows are unlikely to have the demand to make Ludosity wanna push for them despite that. And yes, this is despite wanting Jimmy and Timmy. They were a part of my childhood regardless (and technically they would be 2000s nostalgia for me anyway since 2000-01 was when I mainly watched it) and I'd love to see their slapstick antics represented in the game.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
1677093679488.png

Chance: 10%
Want: 45%

I can't tell if Nick even likes these two or not. While they have gone to the trouble of getting as much of the show as they can cleared up for streaming, they never ever promote it or merchandise it in any capacity alongside the other 90's Nick shows. Plus they seem to have a bit of favoritism towards Action League Now compared to the Henry and June framing device.
While the two were fairly prominent back in the day, they've all but completely vanished now. I don't really see it happening, but it's not completely outside the realm of possibility.

Sick Day Viewing
Chance: 20%

This all depends on if Nick is okay with preschool level characters duking it out with the likes of Shredder or Korra.
So there's a lot of possibilities here, a few I've already rated. It's hard to give one solid Want rating because that depends on who we get.

Blue: Possibly the most likely chance wise from where I'm standing. She's got both 90's nostalgia and recency bias on her side. Blues Clues is a very fondly remembered show, and Blues Clues was so popular it often did cross over into regular Nickelodeon. Not just the Squidward commercial, but numerous appearances at the Kids Choice Awards with the characters/actors making cameos or even presenting awards. Also I recall a few special episodes getting prime time premieres on Nick itself. So Blue would be a good sort of "both" character.
I'd want Blue 100%. Maybe 95% because I'd have a hard time fighting against her. I couldn't possibly do her any harm!

Dora: Second most likely in my eyes, and Nick's biggest money making original property after the Sponge. I don't think Dora has much to worry about in terms of "don't beat up little kids" because Lucy Loud is there. Dora gets a good amount of Nick/Nick Jr crossover as well, often showing up alongside other Nicktoons characters on promotional stuff labeled "Nickelodeon". So she's not out of the question as another "both" character.
I've always found Dora's demand to be more ironic than genuine, so I don't know how much people actually want her. I wouldn't be opposed to her, so long as it's OG cartoon Dora.

Paw Patrol: So this is Nick Jr's big big hit right now, but apparently they don't actually own it? Nick might push for it if the idea of a Nick Jr character is to happen, but that might require some money that we don't even know if the devs have.
I think Paw Patrol has shown up in some "general Nickelodeon" stuff, but I don't really pay enough attention to Nick these days to know much.
Whatever, I don't want a Paw Patrol character. I watched the show with numerous young relatives/friends' kids and it's annoying.

Pablo Penguin: I don't know anything about the Backyardigans.

I'll give Want a 50%, most of that is for Blue.

Pelswick: 2%
FOP character who isn't Timmy: 20%
JN character who isn't Jimmy: 0%

Noms for Doodlebob

Last edited:
You know what, **** it... I'm bumping both this and Concept: Non-Timmy First Fairly OddParents Rep to tomorrow alongside Pelswick (he won't be much of a discussion anyway, plus Pelswick and Timmy are connected via Nelvana so both discussions will share some points, primarily about negotiations). You may add predictions for both if you've already posted your write-up.

Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario You may re-spec the noms you put down. This is my one gift to you....
Timmy getting snubbed: 5%
Maybe Cosmo and Wanda can be this game's Pyra and Mythra, right down to the actual protagonist getting kicked out in their favor. Otherwise, Timmy or bust.

Jimmy being the third Jimmy Neutron rep: 0%
This is not something like Scooby-Doo in MultiVersus, where you can skip the title character for as long as you can. Not even Sheen can snub Jimmy, especially with how loathed his own show became upon its premiere.

I hope you're seeing this.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Maybe Cosmo and Wanda can be this game's Pyra and Mythra, right down to the actual protagonist getting kicked out in their favor. Otherwise, Timmy or bust.
Rex was canned due to technical limitations (Sakurai was a huge fan of him), not because of any favor towards Pyra/Mythra.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Rex was canned due to technical limitations (Sakurai was a huge fan of him), not because of any favor towards Pyra/Mythra.
Not speaking for everyone here, but I've seen enough evidence that most of the people asking for Rex really wanted Pyra. Like they were under the assumption she would come with him and that's what they were hoping for. What we got works pretty well in that case, since we also got Mythra out of the deal too.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Not speaking for everyone here, but I've seen enough evidence that most of the people asking for Rex really wanted Pyra. Like they were under the assumption she would come with him and that's what they were hoping for. What we got works pretty well in that case, since we also got Mythra out of the deal too.
I'm probably one of the few who liked Rex so I hope he's able to get in next time around.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Getting back on topic, didn't the devs sorta entertain the Dora idea during the prerelease boxart speculation or were they just kinda joking?

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Henry & June

Chance - 5% - The two of them aren't exactly popular, but they are fairly historically notable. Kablam! was a notable show, but most people seem to ask about them more to complete a 90's era shows rather than anything.

Want - 50% - Eh, don't care. It's more about how they are implemented to me.

Nick Jr. Stuff

Chance - 20% - Between Blue and Dora, they have decent legs to stand on. However, Nick Jr. does have the more family-friendly image to maintain. I can see Nick giving the veto to this. If they don't, however, there's a good chance.

Want - 40% - I have too much of a problem beating up them to give a high rating. I'd rather have something else.

Predicitons

Pelswick - 0.12% - Not happening.

Non-Timmy First FOP Rep -7.34% - Could be Hughed, but not that likely.

Non-Jimmy Second Rep - 0.53% - Not after Hugh.

Nominations

Donnie Thornberry x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom