• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Chance- 5%
I'd honestly say that Cat-Dog is the least likely series to get another rep. There's no real demand for it and there are simply too many other franchises in this game. I'd put pretty much every other frnachise before it, even the likes of Real Monsters and Wild Thornberries. It's not that the series is unpopular or undeserving or anything like that, I think the series is simply best repped with just Catdog themselves. There's no real need for anyone else. And even if the franchise where to get a second rep, there are a few picks so ol Rancid might have some competition. But he's at least a Nickelodeon character so he gets higher than some characters we've done.

Want - Abstain

I watched some episodes of Cat-Dog, but I don't really remember much about this guy.

Noms to Mr. Horse

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
actually real rabbits are already pretty rancid considering their bathroom habits and how they still lick themselves and others afterwards
Chance: 1%.
CatDog's continued inclusion in Nicktoons crossovers seems to be more for a silent majority than anything else. Online discussions tend to center around the show being ridiculously cruel to CatDog if not how they go to the bathroom, but videos related to the show can still achieve millions of views on places like YouTube and Facebook, ie:
1674350468985.png

and that's not even counting ADHD's Scientifically Accurate CatDog video which has 4x as much. And because this is a silent majority we're seemingly dealing with, they seem to be just fine with CatDog alone. Like LimeTH said, if Ludosity somehow isn't, I'd imagine them going for one of the Greasers instead.

Want: Abstain.
I...don't know how I feel about CatDog. Parents didn't want me to watch it, I watched it anyway, and I agree with everyone saying it was too cruel to the duo.

Noms: Speed Racer x5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Chance: 0%

CatDog ain't getting another character. There's no demand for it, and the show's not important or iconic enough to warrant it. Even if it were to happen, it almost certainly wouldn't be Rancid; it'd either be one of the Greasers or the character people actually like, Winslow. I don't think anyone likes Rancid or even thinks he's a good component of the show. I don't even think "90's bias" counts in his favor, 'cuz like... why not just go for someone else from the same show? Either way, the consensus seems to be that the show is best represented by CatDog themselves, with its supporting cast maybe relegated to background cameos at best.

Yes, that means I unironically think Albert is more likely than this guy. Cry about it

Want: 0%

Lol no. I've only seen a few episodes of CatDog, but from what I remember, Rancid was pretty much the worst part of all of them. He's not funny, his design isn't appealing, he doesn't even have a viable moveset. He's just a jerk, and not even the fun kind of jerk like, say, Kevin from Ed, Edd n Eddy. He's more like the sleazy landlord everyone hates. Even his name is gross and feels awful to say. I don't even think he'd be fun for the "you can beat him up" factor, just keep this walking pustule out of this game.

Chef Gordon Bleugh Prediction: 0.1%
Who the hell even is this...? Oh, a character from a series of partially lost bumpers from an era that's already criminally underrepresented? Cripes, we've really hit the bottom of the barrel now...

Noms to Denzel Crocker

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
As rancid as his chances

Chance: 1%

I don't have anything unique to bring to the conversation. Despite CatDog being one of the lesser popular series on the roster, I could have more confidence if Rancid Rabbit or the series as a whole had more demand. But in reality barely anyone is asking for this. And with there being a couple series like Danny Phantom that are more popular and have more people requesting a second rep for them, I don't see a viable path for this rabbit.

Want: 0%

I usually don't like to give out zeroes anymore but I can't think of any positives to say. I didn't watch a lot of CatDog so I don't have much attachment to the show and I'm fine with CatDog being the sole rep. If he had more fan demand I'd give him a 1% but people generally seem to be unenthusiastic about him at the best. So right now I don't see any value in adding him other than giving a series a second rep (which isn't necessary in this case).

Prediction: Cordon Blue (intentional typo) - 4%

Noms:
Non Nicktoons Viacom character x10
Super moves/Final Smash equivalent x10
Music DLC x20

Using today's 5 noms + all 35 of my extra noms

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Rancid Rabbit

Chance - 2% - CatDog is typically seen as fine with just the one (?) character, and not in need of another. Even if there was one, most people tend to look at other characters like Winslow. The one thing he has going for him is that he is probably the most important Nick character of a reoccurring architype: the "New Job as the Plot Demands" character, who seems to take a new, plot-important job every time one is needed. As such, he is prime move set material, as he's been a police officer, life guard, prison guard, firefighter, boss of various businesses, principal, president, mayor, Egyptian pharaoh, doctor, TV host, contest judge, and manager of stores and the Taco Depot. If they want to get creative, he's a possible surprise pick. Otherwise, he doesn't have much going for him.

Want - 60% - Okay, I'll admit that he's not a character many like. However, I feel like something can be made here. His move set potential is just enough that I at least somewhat want to see what they can do with him.

Predictions

That Chief thing - 0.23% - Lost Media? Now there's a deep cut...

Nominations

Mark Chang X5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

THE LEADERBOARD + HALL OF FAME
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE RABBIT.PNG

Rancid Rabbit
Chance: 2.42%
Want: 15%

Winner is Sid-cada Sid-cada with 2.46%! You get 350 Extra noms!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DaUsername: 502
Baysha: 10
LimeTH: 10
Darkonedagger: 100
Sid-Cada: 350
--------------------------

Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters x105
Nacho Libre x103
Katara x90
Spike (Rugrats) x85
Biggie Cheese x79
Concept: 2 or more SpongeBob characters as DLC x70
Bunsen x65
Concept: More alt costumes x65
Henry & June x45
Concept: Nick Jr. Rep x45
Rango x45
Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x45
Papa Smurf x44
Doodlebob x40
Alvin & The Chipmunks x38
Concept: Music DLC x37
Denzel Crocker x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Pelswick x15
Mr. Horse x15
Casey Jones x15
Concept: Non-80's TMNT representation x15
Concept: Camp Koral and/or Patrick Show representation x13
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Rudy Tabootie x10
Donnie Thornberry x10
Nosferatu (SpongeBob) x10
Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo) x10
Purple & Brown x10
Mark Chang x10
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x5
Ickis x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Vicky x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Danger Mouse x5
Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x5
Mrs. Puff x5
Man Ray x5
Reggie Rocket x5
Speed Racer x5
Swiper x3
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1

DAY OVER

Rate Chef Gordon Bleugh

Predict Concept: Super moves/Final Smash equivalent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef Gordon Bleugh

Chance: 0% - Wasn't this character Lost Media for awhile? He's from a small series of obscure bumpers from the early 2000's, but considering they were lost it shows that people don't remember him very much. I haven't seen a single person request his addition into the game, and the bumpers only aired in the US and UK, so the devs over at Ludocity wouldn't have had the chance to see them anyway. Really I cannot see an avenue of any kind for his inclusion, unless Nick suddenly decides to cash in on the LSuperSonicQ audience or something.

Want: 0% - While a chef character would be cool, this guy is way too obscure to get in over the many Nick superstars that have yet to join the roster. Furthermore, while his bumpers were airing during the time I watched Nick I do not remember anything about them at all.

Nominations:
Nacho Libre x10

Predictions:
Concept: Super moves/Final Smash equivalent - 52.48% - This goes into potential spoiler territory, so I'll save the explanation for tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Chance- 0%
I had never heard of this character before someone started nominating them for this thread, and looking at this I'm probably not the only one. A series of three bumpers starring a frog chef who gets into mishaps, these where considered lost meida untill recently. But that's the most notable thing about this character. It wasn't its own show, and the shorts only airing in the UK and USA and being lost for years means a lot of pepole haven't been exposed to them. Would Nick even own this character? It's a neat little curiosity but not something I see them dipping into when there's so many characters they could add. I feel like Clock Man is a more infamous Nickelodeon lost media character, though is even less likely due to rights stuff.

Want - Abstain

Noms to Sam Manson

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Chef Gordon Bleugh
Chance:
1%

I admit I nominated this guy as a joke, since that was around when this thread was more active and joke noms to offset surplus extra noms were more common. I have no idea how he got to the top because I stopped nominating him after a while, so someone must have found it as funny as I did. We're definitely running low on valid, well known characters to nominate, and then once the sequel is announced, we gotta rate the likes of Squidward, Jimmy, Timmy, Daggett, Zuko etc all over again. Might as well get some laughs in.

So yeah, Chef Gordon Bleugh is realistically a bit TOO obscure, having been lost media for a while. Unlike fellow bumper character Stick Stickly, a character integral to Nick's history, Chef Gordon Bleugh was only just a short lived series of bumpers.
Really funny ones. He'd make a hilarious character, but definitely not a likely one by any means.
He'd be fun to have, but not before several other characters.

Still more likely than Goku and I mean that

Noms for Katara, Purple and Brown and Vicky.

Final Smash prediction: 5%

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Chef Gordon Bleugh

Chance - 0.05% - When the most famous thing about you is that you're lost media, you're the definition of "forgotten." That's going to be the main thing here: he's a nobody with not even an appeal to obscurity or major hidden fan base to claim.

Want - 0% - He's such a nobody, I'd feel a little insulted that he got in over characters people actually want. I'd rather have someone else.

No predictions because I won so many extra noms.

Nominations

Mark Chang X5

(I'll save the rest for over the weekend when I have more time to think...)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
This guy's name is making me hungry

Chance: 0%

Normally I don't give out zeroes as "anything is possible" but this really pushes it. Due to him being from a piece of short lived lost media, it's really obscure and I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of people (including the devs) didn't know this existed. Plus, like would this be the first character from lost media to get into a fighting game? It's a very unusual situation and this is DLC we are talking about. Outside of those who actively delve into lost media and would like Gordon Bleugh for the novelty, this is a questionable choice.

Want: 1%

I happen to be one of those people who are fascinated on lost media and I do watch videos on the subject here and there. So yeah I would like him for the novelty but nothing else. I think he'd be a solid choice for a sequel but it's too early for us to be getting deep cuts like this with the roster as it currently stands.

Prediction: super moves - 35% (People seem to be confident about this but we aren't sure if the game will receive anymore major updates so I'm being more hesitant)

Noms: Non Nicktoons Viacom character x5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Chef Gordon Bleugh
Chance: 0.21%
Want: 4%

Winner is Sid-cada Sid-cada with 0.23%! You get 175 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Sid-Cada: 525

Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters x110
Katara x95
Spike (Rugrats) x90
Biggie Cheese x79
Bunsen x65
Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x50
Henry & June x45
Rango x45
Papa Smurf x44
Doodlebob x40
Denzel Crocker x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Purple & Brown x20
Mark Chang x15
Pelswick x15
Mr. Horse x15
Casey Jones x15
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Rudy Tabootie x10
Donnie Thornberry x10
Vicky x10
Ickis x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Danger Mouse x5
Mrs. Puff x5
Man Ray x5
Reggie Rocket x5
Speed Racer x5
Sam Manson x5
Swiper x3
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: Super moves/Final Smash equivalent

Predict Nacho Libre

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concept: Super moves/Final Smash equivalent

Chance: 50% -
This one's a tough one. If any of you have been following the general thread, there was recently a supposed leak for what is either upcoming content or content for a sequel releasing this year. We don't know if this is true or not, but the images show Patrick mid-animation during an attack where he picks up his rock house and slams it down on the opponent. This could just be a regular move or a hidden input command ala Hugh's Chun Li super move, but it's certainly possible that this is a super move! Most Final Smashes are single-strike moves, so following that mold wouldn't be too difficult. Nonetheless, we don't have any context for that render, and whether or not this is even real is completely up in the air, so take it with a grain of salt. That aside, I feel like super moves are a more likely thing for a sequel selling point rather than an update for the current game (unless this game's support continues for a few more years). A "Final Splat" as a lot of people call it would be a very flashy mechanic, and the budget might not be there in the current game to make all of these fancy theatrics. But for a sequel? That's a fresh budget, and Nick was willing to put a bigger budget into Kart Racers 3 so An All Star Brawl 2 could easily follow suit. While it doesn't feel like something we'll see this game, it's still a coin toss at this point!

Want: 100% - As long as the devs and budget can handle it, why not?! While the game shouldn't copy Smash word for word on everything, a Final Smash equivalent would still be a super cool and fun idea all around! It also adds some super fun content for casual play, and as long as they make them varied like Brawl did I think it would definitely help bring more people in! Competitive Melee isn't what got Smash to where it is now, it got there with the loads of fun and inspired content it provides for all sorts of players! Adding Final Splats would honestly be a very fun step in the right direction!

Nominations:
Katara x10

Predictions:
Nacho Libre - 0.43% - Jack Black's likeness puts a damper on things, so I'm not expecting confident scores. Still, his heavy association with Nickelodeon and Nick owning the Nacho Libre IP does help!

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 - All Final Splat Moves (4K) (60 FPS) (GONE WRONG)
Chance: 50%.
Super moves are a (no pun intended) super-popular mechanic in both fighting games and action games in general. Millions will immediately click on "(insert game here)-All Supers" videos to see what flashy attacks devs can come up with, and lacking them is one reason Smash fans thought NASB was "incomplete". But the amount of work you have to put into them would be best saved for a sequel, and given GameMill's budgets they'll have to juggle dev resources very carefully between adding enough newcomers and casual content.

Want: 50%.
As long as it doesn't ruin competitive play, I'm good.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Abstain on chance.

I don't mind them being there persay, but I don't get why people see super moves as an essential part of an platform fighter (even a casual/kids' game), I can't imagine many interesting flashy super moves for a roster of characters who primarily exist to either tell gross jokes or go through normal slice of life situations, and I feel like a complex super move system (as opposed to the dull monoty of Final Smash I-frames) with a multi-purpose meter and punishable supers wouldn't fit NASB's uberfast gameplay. If they're toggleable off, fine, there could be some fun easter eggs, but I really don't think they're important or fun and will probably be turning them off even for items games

Noms to PM GHZ

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Abstain on chance.

I don't mind them being there persay, but I don't get why people see super moves as an essential part of an platform fighter (even a casual/kids' game), I can't imagine many interesting flashy super moves for a roster of characters who primarily exist to either tell gross jokes or go through normal slice of life situations, and I feel like a complex super move system (as opposed to the dull monoty of Final Smash I-frames) with a multi-purpose meter and punishable supers wouldn't fit NASB's uberfast gameplay. If they're toggleable off, fine, there could be some fun easter eggs, but I really don't think they're important and will probably be turning them off even for items games

Noms to PM GHZ
I could think of some pretty cool final smashes for a lot of these characters. Aside from maybe Oblina you wouldn't need any gross-out.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I could think of some pretty cool final smashes for a lot of these characters. Aside from maybe Oblina you wouldn't need any gross-out.
I'm not saying I don't like gross-out, I like me a good fart; booger; or intestine joke, I'm saying that the whole point of super moves (especially casual super moves) is to be cool and flashy, and most Nickelodeon characters are... not cool (that's why I like them, mind you, but still)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm not saying I don't like gross-out, I like me a good fart; booger; or intestine joke, I'm saying that the whole point of super moves (especially casual super moves) is to be cool and flashy, and most Nickelodeon characters are... not cool (that's why I like them, mind you, but still)
I myself would rather have super moves WITHOUT the gross out. XD

LimeTH

Smash Lord
PREPARE FOR MY ULTIMATE ATTACK
Chance:
10%
Want:
60&

Super moves for this game, no. I think we're done getting any really substantial updates for NASB. The odds go way up for a sequel, and we have possible proof of that, but we're not talking about a sequel.

I do think they would be cool though. There's more possibilities than people think, since cartoon characters aren't any less capable of being less flashy than video game characters.

Noms for Katara
Nacho Libre prediction: 1%

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Not really? I just didn't really get it.

It's not a big deal, I'm not gonna start a fight. Forget about it.
there's nothing really to get. i enjoy talking about characters who would be cool to play as i just didn't realize how many nick characters i was unfamiliar with

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Super Moves

Chance - 5% - We're still talking about this current game and not a sequel, right? Then this shouldn't be a high priority. The budget's simply not there. Probably a high priority due to how in-demand it is for a sequel, but I can't see it happen for this game.

Want - 75% - Eh, I view it as harmless fun. Why not?

No Predictions because I have too many extra nominations. Like, how?

Total nominations: 530 (525 stockpiled, plus 5 daily)

Distributions

Mark Chang X120 (410 remain)
Vexus X110 (300 remain)
Dark Laser x100 (200 remain)
King Goobot x100 (100 remain)
Larry the Lobster X100 (zero remain)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Super moves

Chance: 20%

It could happen, but I have my doubts. We still aren't sure if this game will get anymore updates, let alone an entirely new mechanic that would take a good amount of resources to include. As of now I just don't see it and I agree with people here that final splats feel more like a sequel hook than anything else.

Want: 100%

I'm definitely down for this! Super moves feel like a staple for fighting games (Not always, but they add more personality and fun factor) and I feel we can totally get plenty of creative final splats. As a casual fan of fighting games, I'd welcome them with open arms.

Prediction: Nacho Libre - 1.15%

Noms: Non-Nicktoons Viacom character x5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Chance: 25%

Want: 66.67%

Winner is DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 with 35%! You get 5 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DanganZilla5: 5

Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters x120
Vexus x110
Katara x110
Dark Laser x100
King Goobot x100
Larry the Lobster x100
Spike (Rugrats) x90
Biggie Cheese x79
Bunsen x65
Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x60
Henry & June x45
Rango x45
Papa Smurf x44
Doodlebob x40
Denzel Crocker x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Purple & Brown x20
Pelswick x15
Mr. Horse x15
Casey Jones x15
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Rudy Tabootie x10
Donnie Thornberry x10
Vicky x10
Ickis x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Danger Mouse x5
Mrs. Puff x5
Man Ray x5
Reggie Rocket x5
Speed Racer x5
Sam Manson x5
Swiper x3
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1

DAY OVER

Rate Nacho Libre

Predict Mark Chang

Nacho Libre

Chance: 2% - We've discussed all of the issues live action characters face when it comes to their chances, from expenses to reputation and all of that. This almost equally applies to a character like Nacho Libre, who's played by Jack Black and thus would be extremely expensive to get his likeness and voice for the character. Granted, he has a past working relationship with Nickelodeon so he'd be easier than most actors/celebrities, but it only does little to wear down the hill this luchadore would have to climb to enter the ring once again. While his most iconic look is maskless with a red cape, he does have a signature mask that he wears throughout the film, especially after he gets big, so cutting out some of Jack's likeness could help cut costs. But even then, with the game's low budget there might not be room for even that. And even without all of that, his lack of fan demand hurts him...

Which is a shame, because if you look past all of the issues Live Action characters face, he actually has a lot going for him! Nick wholly owns the Nacho Libre IP (it was produced by Nickelodeon Movies, in fact), so he's technically first party! In fact, Nickelodeon had a VERY good working relationship with Jack Black during the 2000's (precisely the timeframe of nostalgia the fanbase goes for). He starred in other Nick movies like School of Rock, would cameo in other live-action properties like iCarly and Big Time Rush, and even hosted the Kids Choice Awards Three Times (hell, his ad for the 2006 Awards occasionally gets stuck in my head to this day!). He also won several KCA awards himself, and was well-recognized for his role as Po in the Kung Fu Panda movies (even if he, ironically, didn't reprise Po for Legends of Awesomeness).
Furthermore, the devs love their memes, and Jack Black has some very well known representation in the meme sphere!

While he's completely held back by the same factors as most live action characters, I think he's got a solid shot if he can break past those!

Want: 50% - While I have bigger priorities, and would overall prefer a focus on Nicktoons, I think Nacho Libre would make for a very fun Live Action rep! A goofy but good-hearted masked luchadore (especially now that we have cape physics from Shredder) would be a hilarious addition to the game, and we do need more heavies! Alongside that, I have tons of nostalgia for Jack Black's Nickelodeon stuff, and his voice and personality would suit a goofy fighting game very nicely! And of course, I also have LOADS of nostalgia for the Octagon meme! So while I definitely would prefer more Nicktoon superstars get in first, I would still love to see him at some point if the budget can handle it!

Nominations:
Katara x10

Predictions:
Mark Chang - 2.17% - We don't even have Timmy yet and Mark's got some serious competition for a second FoP slot from the much more requested Crimson Chin/Crocker/Jorgen trio, so not expecting confident scores.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Chance: 25%

Want: 66.67%

Winner is DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 with 35%! You get 5 Extra noms!

Noms List:

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: Super moves/Final Smash equivalent

Predict Mark Chang

Nacho Libre

Chance: 2% - We've discussed all of the issues live action characters face when it comes to their chances, from expenses to reputation and all of that. This almost equally applies to a character like Nacho Libre, who's played by Jack Black and thus would be extremely expensive to get his likeness and voice for the character. Granted, he has a past working relationship with Nickelodeon so he'd be easier than most actors/celebrities, but it only does little to wear down the hill this luchadore would have to climb to enter the ring once again. While his most iconic look is maskless with a red cape, he does have a signature mask that he wears throughout the film, especially after he gets big, so cutting out some of Jack's likeness could help cut costs. But even then, with the game's low budget there might not be room for even that. And even without all of that, his lack of fan demand hurts him...

Which is a shame, because if you look past all of the issues Live Action characters face, he actually has a lot going for him! Nick wholly owns the Nacho Libre IP (it was produced by Nickelodeon Movies, in fact), so he's technically first party! In fact, Nickelodeon had a VERY good working relationship with Jack Black during the 2000's (precisely the timeframe of nostalgia the fanbase goes for). He starred in other Nick movies like School of Rock, would cameo in other live-action properties like iCarly and Big Time Rush, and even hosted the Kids Choice Awards Three Times (hell, his ad for the 2006 Awards occasionally gets stuck in my head to this day!). He also won several KCA awards himself, and was well-recognized for his role as Po in the Kung Fu Panda movies (even if he, ironically, didn't reprise Po for Legends of Awesomeness).
Furthermore, the devs love their memes, and Jack Black has some very well known representation in the meme sphere!

While he's completely held back by the same factors as most live action characters, I think he's got a solid shot if he can break past those!

Want: 50% - While I have bigger priorities, and would overall prefer a focus on Nicktoons, I think Nacho Libre would make for a very fun Live Action rep! A goofy but good-hearted masked luchadore (especially now that we have cape physics from Shredder) would be a hilarious addition to the game, and we do need more heavies! Alongside that, I have tons of nostalgia for Jack Black's Nickelodeon stuff, and his voice and personality would suit a goofy fighting game very nicely! And of course, I also have LOADS of nostalgia for the Octagon meme! So while I definitely would prefer more Nicktoon superstars get in first, I would still love to see him at some point if the budget can handle it!

Nominations:
Katara x10

Predictions:
Mark Chang - 2.17% - We don't even have Timmy yet and Mark's got some serious competition for a second FoP slot from the much more requested Crimson Chin/Crocker/Jorgen trio, so not expecting confident scores.
err drifloon you said super moves instead of nacho libre

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Nacho Libre

Chance - 0.05% - I don't see how. Remember: shoestring budget. They need heavy hitters. Nacho just isn't that popular, as either a meme pick or genuine popularity pick, and the end result is a wrestler, one who is kinda-sorta represented in Grapplers by Patrick. I don't see why, especially because he's a live actions character.

Want - 50% - Eh... ambivalent. No strong feelings one way or the other.

Predictions

Mark Chang - 2.42% - Timmy still needs to get in...

Nominations

Vexus x5

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Famous YouTuber JablinskiGames
Want: abstain

I've already gone into heavy detail about why live action characters are most likely not going to be a thing in this game. The biggest hurdle is that Jack Black is a pretty well known actor these days, and his likeness is bound to be very expensive.
I've never seen the movie, and it doesn't look my thing to begin with, so I don't really have a whole lot to say about Nacho Libre.

Mark Chang: 5%

Noms for Vexus

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Again, the name is making me hungry

Nacho Libre was a film that went and came, receiving mixed reviews and isn't brought up a lot. On the bright side though Paramount does own the film and Jack Black does have a solid history with Nick, being featured in some of their other movies and shows. The main thing is licensing, which is a pretty big deal considering how famous Jack Black is. I'm sure he'd be down for this but even with NASB including voice acting in an update, it still doesn't give off the impression of a hearty budget. I just don't see much of a reason for the devs to go through with the hassle of making this happen right now.

Want: 65%

I didn't care for the film but it's Jack Black so this gets a pass from me. He's just so likeable and he has enough of a connection to Nick to where he wouldn't look out of place on the roster. He's not exactly a priority for me but I'd gladly take him! Especially if it leads to another heavyweight.

Prediction: Mark Chang - 1.50%

Noms: Non Nicktoons Viacom character x10 (Using my 5 extra noms)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
bowser's brief stint in wrestling

chances: 0% lime already pointed out the main reason why not. jack black's face is gonna be pricy. even at the start of the game's development i wouldn't have said they had the budget for that unless nick was paying the licensing bills. although from everything i've heard nick hasn't been too helpful so i can't imagine they would. and of course we have no idea if they'll even consider live action characters.

want: 0% i've never seen the film. i remember trailers for it but i mostly watch cartoons. in fact my only experience with lucha libre is the pokemon hawlucha. well the only i can think of off the top of my head. still i'll admit i'd be curious to see what they could do with him. even if i'd never play as him.

noms to spike

D

Deleted member

Chance - 0%

I know I've been going low for a lot of these lately but I genuinely don't think this has much chance. Nacho Libre was a live action comedy film realised by Paramount and Nickelodeon Pictures, starring Jack Black as a monk who secretly performs as a Mexican wrestler do he can raise money for the orphanage he works at. Nacho Libire does have built in moveset potential, being a wrestler, but has way too many things standing in the way of his chances. He's a live action character, something which is already a iffy prospect, but not only that, he's played by Jack Black. And yes, I know Jack Black is a cool guy who's lent his likenes and voice to games before, but I still think he's likely out of their price range. There's also the issue that Nacho Libire isn't an active franchise, there was one movie and there hasn't been any real movement on a potential sequel since 2009. Can't see this one.

Want - 60%
Its been a while since I've seen the movie, haven't seen it since I was a kid and I don't remember much about it. I mostly nominated it as a joke. I do think a luchadore character could be fun, though we do have El Tigre for that. Would be funny but not actually something I'm calling out for.

Mark - The Alien from FOP? 1.8.

Noms to Mrs. Puff

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Nacho Libre
Chance: 1.35%
Want: 45%

Winner is DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 with 1.15%! You get 50 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DanganZilla5: 50

Katara x120
Vexus x120
Dark Laser x100
King Goobot x100
Larry the Lobster x100
Spike (Rugrats) x95
Biggie Cheese x79
Bunsen x65
Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x65
Henry & June x45
Rango x45
Papa Smurf x44
Doodlebob x40
Denzel Crocker x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Purple & Brown x20
Pelswick x15
Mr. Horse x15
Casey Jones x15
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Rudy Tabootie x10
Donnie Thornberry x10
Vicky x10
Mrs. Puff x10
Ickis x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Danger Mouse x5
Man Ray x5
Reggie Rocket x5
Speed Racer x5
Sam Manson x5
Swiper x3
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1

DAY OVER

Rate Mark Chang

Predict Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters

Mark Chang

Chance: 3% - Fairly OddParents is in an odd spot right now. We have no idea if we're getting more DLC, Rev's comments showing frustration present a picture of difficulty getting Timmy/FOP in general, and with Timmy himself not in yet (along with him being by and far the frontrunner for his franchise with no Hughs in sight (though I'm honestly surprised Doug Dimmadome didn't become a Hugh of sorts)), it's gonna be a mountain to climb for anyone below him. Fairly OddParents is interesting in that outside of main character Timmy and fellow "Tier 1" characters Cosmo and Wanda (who will no doubt be a part of Timmy's moveset), the rest of the cast is mostly on even footing and thus a second rep after Timmy is an absolute grab bag. However, three characters in that bunch have shown considerable demand themselves (not Hugh levels, but definitely potential Top 10's once we get Timmy), them being The Crimson Chin, Denzel Crocker, and Jorgen von Strangle. Mark Chang, while being a frequently reoccurring character just like them, hasn't had anywhere near the same level of fan demand, and thus has a LOT of tough competition. While Mark sounds like a surfer dude, his personality isn't has extremely/laugh-generating as the aforementioned three, so that's probably why he hasn't seen the same level of success despite his moveset potential.

Want: 30% - We need to get Timmy first, but after him I think he'd be a very worthy second rep for the show! Being an Alien with a unique body shape, he's got a lot of moveset potential, and even comes with a couple of locales that would make for excellent home stages! He also speaks like a surfer dude, which would make for some very funny battle dialogue! So definitely a fine addition to the game once Timmy makes the roster.

Nominations:
Katara x10

Predictions:
Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters - 0.38% - Nobody's really asking for them, and I don't think Nick will approve of characters from franchises like, say South Park getting in. Alongside that, Nicktoons are clearly the focus ("Nickelodeon" is even in the title!) so I'm not expecting confident scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom