• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

THE LEADERBOARD + HALL OF FAME
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SwaySway and Buhdeuce
Chance: 0.003%

Want: 20%

Winner is LimeTH LimeTH with an exact 0%! You get 50 Extra noms!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DaUsername: 502
Baysha: 10
LimeTH: 50
--------------------------
Concept: Super moves/Final Smash equivalent x79
Heffer x79
Biggie Cheese x79
Timmy Turner x72
Concept: 2 or more SpongeBob characters as DLC x70
Angelica Pickles x70
Concept: More alt costumes x65
Pig (Barnyard) x60
Chef Gordon Bleugh x50
Concept: Pig Goat Banana Cricket rep x50
Spike (Rugrats) x50
Henry & June x45
Rango x45
Doodlebob x40
Lana Loud x35
Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Rancid Rabbit x20
Concept: Music DLC x17
Casey Jones x15
Concept: Non-80's TMNT representation x15
Rancid Rabbit x15
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Papa Smurf x10
Donnie Thornberry x10
Nosferatu (SpongeBob) x10
Katara x10
Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo) x10
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x5
Ickis x5
Pelswick x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Purple & Brown x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Vicky x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mr. Horse x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Danger Mouse x5
Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x5
Alvin & The Chipmunks x5
Concept: Nick Jr. Rep x5
Mrs. Puff x5
Concept: Camp Koral and/or Patrick Show representation x3
Swiper x3
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: Non-Loud House 2010's Character

Predict Shrek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Non-Loud House 2010's Character

Chance: 5% -
This is not a concept I can see likely coming to fruition, really. The 2010's are near-universally viewed as Nick's weakest era, and even the standouts from it like The Loud House and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have their ups and downs with Nick fans. You'll see an odd request here and there, but aside from a few standout characters I do not see anyone from the 2010's making the cut, especially for DLC. Nonetheless, let's go through every Nick show from the 2010's (excluding 2020-onward shows like Its' Pony and Big Nate) and see what their viability is!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Planet Sheen: Everyone hated this spinoff, and while Sheen himself has some demand, he (and the entire cast exclusive to the spinoff) have to contend with Jimmy's #1 spot in demand. Can't see it happening.

- T.U.F.F. Puppy: One of the only ones I can see making the cut! Kitty Katswell's in the Top 25, and Dudley's not too far behind. Though even they have to contend with the priority given to stronger shows, especially other Butch Hartmann shows/characters like Timmy Turner, Vlad Plasmius, Ember McLain, and the Crimson Chin. Still, the demand is there, so I can see it happening down the line!

- Winx Club: We already discussed them in an earlier day, Bloom's probably still the frontrunner, and while there's a lot of corporate appeal there, fan requests for the show are few and far between.

- The Legend of Korra: A lot of people think this show would likely save the concept from a 0%, but I personally disagree. Aside from the occasional Asami or Mako/Bolin mention, there's no demand for more Korra characters. All Avatar demand falls squarely on The Last Airbender, Zuko especially. The devs even thought this way, putting in announcer calls for several The Last Airbender characters to cover bases but included no Korra characters whatsoever. Korra itself is also somewhat controversial among Avatar fans, which is definitely the final nail in the coffin.

- Robot and Monster: Discussed them recently, they didn't really appeal to Nick fans and their designs were stigmatized for their Nick Jr. feel, so the show was written off and not really given a fanbase. The lack of requests for the duo seals the deal.

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Already heavily represented in the game, and aside from Donatello/Raphael there's currently litle demant for more TMNT content. All of the content is from the 80's Turtles as well, so unless they consider someone exclusive to 2012 or Rise (or even the upcoming 2023 show) I don't see this happening any time soon.

- Sanjay and Craig: Another one that was discussed recently! The show's excessive gross-out early on damaged the show's reputation for good, even if it does get better later. There's at least a few requests for them, but the general audience for the game doesn't care for them (that first Season damage has been done). I CAN see a fan campaign for them in a future entry, but right now it just isn't happening.

- Breadwinners: ...

- Harvey Beaks: Another of the more likely contenders on this list, it has a strong fanbase but it fails to reflect that in poll results and fan demand. There's much less push for Harvey than one would expect, and combined with Nick's lack of attention towards the show these days it's really holding Harvey back. Still, he could surprise us!

- Pig Goat Banana Cricket: Loaded with gross character designs and little to no fan demand, don't see this one making the cut.

- The Loud House: Excluded from this concept, but even the 2010's superstar has a serious uphill battle for another rep, from scrambled fan demand to loads of scrutiny from non-fans. It also already has two reps, so it won't be viewed as a priority.

- Bunsen is a Beast: All I ever really hear about this show is how annoying Bunsen is. That alone translates to no fan demand (I've seen only one person ever request Bunsen), and combined with being even lower than T.U.F.F. Puppy in the Butch Hartmann pecking order, Bunsen's just gonna burn out.

- Welcome to the Wayne: I keep forgetting this show even exists, and so do a lot of others. I can't remember a single time I've seen one of its' characters requested, and in this game Fan Demand is everything,

- Henry Danger/Kid Danger: Another one I can actually see making the cut. Even with Kid Danger being out of production for four years, the Henry Danger IP is still well-promoted by Nick, and even the small fanbase it has has pushed for it to be represented. Not enough to surpass someone like Timmy Turner, but still not a franchise to write off.

- Pinky Malinky: I keep forgetting that this show exists as well, and I don't think I've seen this hotdog guy on anyone's most wanted lists. It's also Netflix-only and not well promoted, which is NOT a good sign!

- The Casagrandes: I don't know if this counts, since it's a spinoff of The Loud House. The parent show already suffers in terms of demand, so I cannot see the devs going for the even more scrutinized spinoff. The show's been cancelled as well, but is also getting a series finale movie, so whether or not Nick would want to push for it is up in the air.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want: 10% - The Loud House is the only 2010's show I have any investment in, and aside from another TMNT or MAYBE Dudley Puppy I don't really have any reason to care for this concept. Plus most of my most wanted are from the 2000's anyway.

Nominations:
Timmy Turner x10

Predictions:
Shrek - 17.54% - A tough one to gauge, while Nick selling off Dreamworks is gonna be a huge blow, the rest comes down to his competition. Whether or not Shrek's pure meme power and noteriety among the game's fanbase (along with his impact on Dreamworks and animated films as a whole) will take priority. Or if the greater fan demand for Skipper and Po, and the fact that Shrek didn't get a show while fellow Dreamworks titans Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda DID, will end up prevailing.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Chance: 2%
Want: abstain

I don't have a lot of time, so I'll repeat what I said about 2010's characters when we were rating Harvey Beaks

Nick screwed this show over something terrible, and the 2010's were such a massacre of animated shows only lasting 2 years at best because Nick decided everything HAS to pull Sponge numbers right off the bat, not realizing that it doesn't work that way. Not only do I not expect Harvey Beaks to get in, I very much doubt any character originating from 2010's Nick is going to make it, beyond possibly another Loud House or Korra character. It's just not going to happen. None of these shows were allowed the time to build even as much as a cult following, to the point where I had to Google a list of what else came out that decade. For god's sakes, Pinky Malinky only lasted seven months!
Ludosity is full of 90's kids who don't care about the 2010s shows (they were literally going to put in Buhdeuce as a Sandbag equivalent), the fanbase demanding characters is full of 2000's kids, and Nick as a whole doesn't give a **** about Harvey Beaks.
It's a shame since it looked like a genuinely sweet show, but too much is piled against it as far as NASB goes. We have more chance of getting Doug than getting Harvey.
I'll give it higher than a zero since there's definitely a higher chance of us getting Pinky Malinky than Goku, but I still don't see it happening.

EDIT:
put my noms towards Timmy Turner and Angelica
Shrek prediction: 15%

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
New age concept

Chance: 15%

I'm giving this a 15% because I looked back at my ratings and I gave Dudley and Kawswell each a 15% for chance, which I still stand by due to their decent demand and TUFF Puppy lasting longer than most Nick shows in the 2010's. That said, they basically save this concept because a lot of the shows in that decade are either unremarkable or got killed way too early. There are a few others in there like Bloom and Henry Danger whom you could argue are darkhorse picks. But these characters do have an uphill battle because the main demographic for this game are 90's and 2000's kids. The 2010's shows really got screwed over and they don't have the kind of demand for the most part to rival the big requests and even the more niche characters from the earlier decades like El Tigre and Otis. That said, I don't think it's out of the question entirely.

Want: 60%

The only 2010's show that I have any attachment to is TUFF Puppy. But there are other 2010's shows like Harvey Beaks that I respect as well and it would be nice to get another 2010's character from a different show other than the Loud House to really round out the roster. I understand that we shouldn't add characters just for the sake of representation, especially since the devs themselves have explicitly said that they don't care about that kind of stuff. But I just feel that it would be a sort of retribution for some of these lesser known gems if they got a character added in NASB.

Prediction: Shrek - 13%

Noms: Angelica Pickles x10

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The Dark Ages
Chance: 5%

I admit I kinda forgot TUFF Puppy was 2010 for a second. That's my L and I'll generously give this concept a 5% as a result. Beyond that, though, the Dreamworks shows are probably off the table for licensing reasons, TMNT and Korra are already in and have next to no demand at the moment (at least not for anything from TMNT2012 specifically), The Loud House is arbitrarily excluded from this concept, and everything else from the 2010's is either outright reviled or just not noteworthy enough to be up for consideration. Looking at the 2010s' pedigree in terms of Nicktoons, this just doesn't seem like it's gonna happen beyond a potential Kitty or Dudley inclusion. The devs probably haven't even seen most of these shows and the era's kind of emblematic of declining standards, which I can't imagine inspires confidence.

Want: Abstain

I think the only one of these shows I've seen literally at all is TUFF Puppy, which I wouldn't mind seeing in the game, but I'm not wild about it. (I guess I've technically "seen" Planet Sheen, but I try to forget that.)

Shrek Prediction: 8%
Hasn't really shown up on the network in any meaningful capacity, which probably puts him at a lower priority than folks like Po and the Penguins in spite of his icon status.

Noms to Pig

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The Loud House is arbitrarily excluded from this concept
The reason why I excluded them from the concept is because at the time of nominating this concept my mindset was "This is the only 2010's series we have on the roster". At the time I thought Korra was a 2000's show and I didn't think about the fact that TMNT technically counted for this concept. I simply wanted the discussion to be more thorough than people just bringing up the giant of the decade.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The reason why I excluded them from the concept is because at the time of nominating this concept my mindset was "This is the only 2010's series we have on the roster". At the time I thought Korra was a 2000's show and I didn't think about the fact that TMNT technically counted for this concept. I simply wanted the discussion to be more thorough than people just bringing up the giant of the decade.
And Korra's attached to a 2000's franchise with a MUCH more popular iteration, so it's difficult to think of her as 2010's anyway.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
2010's show minus LH

Chance - 7.5% - The 2010's, overall, is seen as a poor year for Nick. Most of the shows lasted for 2 seasons before the plug was pulled due to not living up to the numbers SpongBob did. Only the Loud House managed to escape, and keep running, which we are excluding. While TUFF Puppy also managed to last a while, and there are some standouts as well, overall they don't stand out too much. Collectively they have a decent chance, but one in particual doesn't stand out that much.

Want - 50% - There are a lot of characters who I have diverse opinions on. Overall, it's to varied for me to give a score, so I'll give a neutral 50%.

Predictions

Shrek - 1.64% - I comes down to if his iconicness outweighs his obstacles.

Nominations

Rancid Rabbit X5

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Non-Loud House 2010's Character
Chance: 6.9%
Want: 40%

Winner is GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 with 7%! You get 100 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
GoodGrief741: 100
Angelica Pickles x85
Heffer x79
Biggie Cheese x79
Pig (Barnyard) x70
Chef Gordon Bleugh x50
Spike (Rugrats) x50
Lana Loud x45
Henry & June x45
Rango x45
Doodlebob x40
Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters x25
Stu Pickles x21
Rancid Rabbit x20
Ultra Lord x20
Rancid Rabbit x20
Casey Jones x15
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Papa Smurf x10
Donnie Thornberry x10
Katara x10
Ickis x5
Pelswick x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Purple & Brown x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Vicky x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mr. Horse x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Danger Mouse x5
Alvin & The Chipmunks x5
Concept: Nick Jr. Rep x5
Mrs. Puff x5
Man Ray x5
Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x5
Swiper x3
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1

DAY OVER

Rate Shrek

Predict Timmy Turner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shrek

Chance: 10% -
Dreamworks characters are in a difficult spot right now, much different than they were just 5-6 years ago. Back then Nick was actively collaborating with them, producing three Dreamworks-based Nicktoons and putting Dreamworks characters in all of their crossovers (such as the Super Brawl games). But since then, due to licensing disagreements, Viacom sold off Dreamworks and Comcast/Universal snatched it up, and we stopped seeing Dreamworks characters from Nick altogether. Now, Comcast and Nick are not direct competitors in a way, it's not like, say, Doug with Disney. But the lack of a working relationship makes things a lot harder than they normally would be. It's a difference between having to negotiate with a 3rd party and an AU where Dreamworks characters were probably on the base roster! The game isn't high-budget, so unless Nick was really into the idea I don't think they'd want to shell out the cash.

Furthermore, Shrek has to contend with loads of competition within Dreamworks. He did not get a Nick show, while the two other titans of Dreamworks, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda, did. And this is reflected in the poll results, Skipper being in the Top 10 and Po being in the Top 15. Thus these two seem to be more associated with Nick in people's minds than Shrek is (though, to be fair, I don't think Shrek was an option on the poll). Still, even in independent requests, I've seen loads of Po, Skipper, Rico, and even Dr. Blowhole, but no Shrek anywhere to be found. Either people want Penguins/Panda more, or they might not be aware that Shrek is on the table to begin with.

Still, despite all of that, Shrek has merit that cannot be ignored. The game's audience is mostly 2000's kids, and Shrek is honestly an ICON of that era. Every kid who grew up during that time knows Shrek, and it was the height of his popularity (outside of the mid-2010's Shrek memes, but even then a lot of it was 2000's/late 90's kids getting nostalgic for it). He is EMBLEMATIC of the early/mid 2000's, and the success of Shrek would determine the path that the studio continues to walk even today. We would have no Madagascar or Kung Fu Panda without Shrek. And about a year ago GoodGrief and I were discussing Shrek and how well he fits the Nick brand despite never getting a show. Nick reran his movies loads of times even before Dreamworks started getting shows, and Nick aired loads of Shrek-related ads. So he's not only historically significant but he fits in much better than expected and is squarely within the fanbase's line of interest.

And finally, we can't mention Shrek without mentioning the MEMES. Because my GOD is this character and his franchise a fountain of memes! We all know how much the devs love memes, and while Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar have had plenty of memes of their own they cannot stack up to what Shrek has built! Building upon this, the devs are well-aware of Smash memes, and one of the biggest memes is two 4th party characters: Goku and SHREK. Why would the devs pass up the opportunity to bring half of this iconic meme to life?! It'd be difficult, but I can definitely see them going for it if given the chance!

Overall, Shrek has an uphill battle to climb, with both competition and Dreamworks being more distant from Nick now. But I would not write him off, even if he isn't likely!

Want: 100% - Who WOULDN'T want to see Shrek in the game?! It's SHREK! As a 90's/early 2000's kid myself, Shrek was a big part of my childhood, the same part of my childhood where Nick played a big role, so in a way the two go arm and arm for me! And as much as I love the Penguins (Madagascar was another huge part of my childhood) and respect Po (the Kung Fu Panda movies are very faithful to Chinese culture!), Shrek would absolutely take the cake! If Hugh didn't bring attention to the game, Shrek certainly will!

Nominations:
Lana Loud x10

Predictions:
Timmy Turner - 84.18% - Not expecting much to change since his last rating! The situation with Nelvana's still up in the air, and even if we aren't sure we're even getting more characters, Rep and the other devs could've talked to Nick after their reaction to Timmy in the Tennis game.

Lucy's merch not selling as much as other Loud House characters
Oddly, aside from books/DVDs The Loud House actually gets very little merch! and Lucy's probably one of the only characters who gets marketed/merchandised consistently! (She's in both plush sets and the figure set. Lincoln, Clyde, and Luna are the only other ones to have this honor)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Some
Chance: 5%
Want: 12%

Shrek is in two very weird spots when it comes to his chances in NASB and/or a potential sequel. Dreamworks is no longer owned/partnered with Viacom, and Shrek never got a Nicktoon, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda did. While Nick did air the movies a fair bit, this can't really be used as an argument the same way Nick airing Garfield and Friends for a few years did because Nick owns Garfield in full now. They don't own Shrek.
Shrek is a hell of a meme factory, this can't be ignored, but something else we can't ignore is so are the Madagascar Penguins, and they have memes based around both the movies AND the show.
I think Shrek might be a bit of a stretch, as funny as it would be, because his connection to Nickelodeon is tenuous at best. If any Dreamworks character feels even the slightest bit realistic, it's the Penguins.

Timmy Turner prediction: 15%. Things aren't looking too hot for the pink hatted buck toothed boy chin wonder these days.
Noms to Angelica.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
You just got Shrek'ed

Chance: 7%

Shrek is an absolute icon, that's for sure, and the internet loves him. But I think the odds are stacked against him. The fact that he is a third party already hurts him a lot due to the game's bologna sandwich budget. But even if the devs do have the budget to retrieve him, it's not a guarantee. Much like with Star Trek, I get the vibe that people generally don't know that Shrek is viable for this game (Heck, I didn't even realize he was viable until I saw him on the noms list). I say that because even if the penguins and Po do have more of a connection to Nick, Shrek would still have some kind of meme influence in the NASB zeitgeist due to his sheer meme power. But that's not the case and with fan demand favoring the other Dreamworks icons, that doesn't bode well for Shrek's chances.

Want: 100%

While I certainly associate the penguins and Po with Nick more than Shrek, I wouldn't complain. Granted the connection between Shrek and Nick is very loose, but hey I'm not picky. All I know is that the memes would be golden and I can picture so many little moments from the movies that could be incorporated into the moveset. This overall would be such an insane pick and I'm all for it.

Prediction: Timmy - 45% (I've been hearing from people that Timmy is suddenly no longer very likely? I wonder what's up with that).

Noms: Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters x10

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Who WOULDN'T want to see Shrek in the game?!
you called?

the mean green meme machine

chances: 0% not happening. even if we disregard the uncertain future of the game there's barely any reason to include him. granted there was a connection once but it's gone and sherk was not part of that connection. so i don't see them spending what budget they have on what is probably quite an expensive license fee for a character who cannot be counted as a nick all star. it'd be a huge stretch.

want: 0% ugh i'm gonna get some flak for this aren't i? sherk is an awful franchise. it started off well with two good movies but they kept going. everything that came after was so bad it retroactively made the good awful by association. it is good evidence that dream works really don't know how to quit while when they're head a lot of they're 3rd movies are just plain awful but they keep going. and i'm a nintendo fan so i'm used to cynical milking of franchises. but shrek is just a tiresome, humourless, waste of potential and everything good about it has been done better. the devs should not waste their time and money when there's so many better characters within nick's own pool.

noms to spike

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Shrek: 0.2%
I will say he's more likely than the Penguins and probably on equal ground to Po, but that isn't saying much. Shrek is a longstanding Smash meme, and the devs have joked about it a few times im the past, so it is a relatively logical guest pick, and if this game had a higher budget I'd be willing to give the concept more time of day - however, it should go without saying the game's comically low budget won't allow for this, especially should Timmy join later, which prevents the lovely, lively ogre from even being a blip on the radar.

Shrek would be a perfect fit for this game, the gross-out humour and general attitude of Shrek just reeks of Nick - plus, the sheer meme power of Shrek's inclusion would be incredible. I'd much prefer him over Po or the Penguins.

Timini prediction: 50%
Very divisive character here.

All noms towards PM GHZ

D

Deleted member

Chance - 0%
Yes. I'm willing to go that low. Shrek is not a Nickelodeon character. And what's the name of this game? This isn't even a case where he's got Nickelodeon ties like Danger Mouse or Transfomers, the only real association the orgre has with Nickelodeon is that the movie aired on the channel sometimes, and that there used to be other Dreamworks shows preduced for them, but Shrek wasn't one of those. The Dreamworks and Nickelodeon relationship hasent been a thing for some time npw. Shrek is a currently active franchise, it's one of the only non 2010s franchise to be featured in the new Dreamworks intro (the other being Kung Fu Panda, it's also worth noting that Madagascar does not appear), and Last Wish straight up ends with a tease for a new Shrek movie., so Dreamworks will likely still want to promote the seires. One possibility is that the devs go for a Dreamworks character like Po and Dreamworks themselves ask them to add Shrek, but I don't think thats very likely, like at all. Adding a character like Shrek would be a big boost to the game, but wpuld likely require expensive negotiations that wpupd be better spent on other characters. I just don't think this game is gonna get guest characters like this. Both for budget reasons and simply for the fact that i dont think they're focusing on that.

Want - 50%
Sure. It'd be funny. Shrek is a franchise I have a lot of childhood nogslisga for. He'd be very fun. I think he'd fit very well in this cast, to the point that I don't even mind that he's not actually even really a Nick character.

Timmy - 58%

Noms to Nick Jr rep

Last edited by a moderator:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Shrek

Chance - 0.25% - Remember, we're dealing with a tight budget at this point, and Shrek is something of Dreamwork's cash cow. Regardless of how much Shrek fits in with the Nick brand, ever since Dreamworks and Nick parted ways, chances are the licensing costs are way above what I believe the game can afford (and if it does, I expect many other areas to get hit).

Want - 35% - I'd rather have the Penguins or Poe. I'd rather focus down on what this series is before we go crazy.

Predictions

Timmy - 47.45% - I have no clue....

Nominations

Rancid Rabbit X5

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The Spirit of 2013 Memes Incarnate
Chance: 0.5%

I'm not even sure why we're rating Shrek, to be honest. As per the OP:
Characters you nominate must be owned by Viacom or be from a show that has aired on Nick.
Shrek is not owned by Viacom (nor was he at any point - Dreamworks was an independent company from 2004 to 2016), nor did he have a show that aired on Nick. Regardless, I will humor the concept just this once.

I do not expect Shrek to show up in NASB, or even NASB2, if we're counting potential sequels. I already gave the prospect of a Dreamworks character a pretty low rating, but even if we do get one, I'm not expecting it'll be Shrek. Po and the Penguins are pretty clearly the frontrunners here in terms of demand and connection to the network, both getting shows while Shrek (oddly) missed out. Even B.O.B. from Monsters vs. Aliens was in one of the Nickelodeon Super Brawl games (the one that also had SwaySway & Buhdeuce, Abrasive SpongeBob, and a Rabbid in it), with Shrek nowhere to be seen. Pretty much the only things Shrek has over his competition are iconicity and "DUH MEMES," which may be a strong motivator for the devs at Ludosity, but if the boys upstairs won't play ball and give them more than a gumball machine's worth of budget, there's really not much they can do. (Not to mention the Penguins of Madagascar is a very popular source of meme material itself, even more than Shrek in recent years.) If anything, I can maybe see Shrek getting in as a guest character in a later game after Dreamworks gets their foot in the door with Po or Skipper or something, but for now, I think we can forget about it.

Want: 20%

I mean... eh? I'll be honest, y'all, when I look at Shrek, all I'm reminded of is my cringey middle-school "memelord" phase when I thought Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life was the funniest thing imaginable. It could be funny to see Shrek in this game, but not before Po or any of the Penguins. He could be a fun guest character, but I'd argue it's too early for that sort of thing.

Timmy Turner Prediction: 76%
Not sure where all the sudden pessimism's coming from? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Noms to Pig

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Shrek
Chance: 2.86%

Want: 52%

Winner is Sid-cada Sid-cada with 1.64%! You get 50 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Sid-cada: 50
Angelica Pickles x95
Pig (Barnyard) x80
Heffer x79
Biggie Cheese x79
Spike (Rugrats) x60
Lana Loud x55
Chef Gordon Bleugh x50
Henry & June x45
Rango x45
Doodlebob x40
Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters x35
Rancid Rabbit x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Rancid Rabbit x20
Casey Jones x15
Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x15
Concept: Nick Jr. Rep x15
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Papa Smurf x10
Donnie Thornberry x10
Katara x10
Ickis x5
Pelswick x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Purple & Brown x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Vicky x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mr. Horse x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Danger Mouse x5
Alvin & The Chipmunks x5
Mrs. Puff x5
Man Ray x5
Swiper x3
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1

DAY OVER

Rate Timmy Turner

Predict Angelica Pickles

Timmy Turner

Chance: 85.38% -
Conditions haven't really changed for Timmy! While the question of more DLC is still up in the air (I really wish they'd just give us a straight answer), at the same time we had the historic inclusion of Timmy in Nickelodeon Extreme Tennis. This led to a very interesting reaction from Rep, and in the mean time they could've been speaking with Nickelodeon about it. I believe the game is available in other countries, so Nick was able to work out a deal with Nelvana it seems. So either Nelvana's not as big an obstacle as it seems or Nelvana could potentially not be an issue at all. Despite all of this, Timmy's demand reigns supreme, second only to his Power Hour buddy. I don't know what else to say, it all comes down to whether or not we're getting any more DLC at all.

Want: 100% - FairlyOddParents was a huge part of my childhood and Timmy's an icon of 2000's Nick, so YES PLEASE! Gonna keep this brief since I listed all of the reasons during my last Timmy rating, but he would add so much to the game that it's impossible not to want him!

Nominations:
Lana Loud x10

Predictions:
Angelica Pickles - 53.29% - Expecting plenty of overrates, but the lack of demand for more Rugrats is really gonna hurt her as well.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
TIMMAY! LIVINALIE TIM-oh, wrong Timmy
Chance: 50%.
I want to be optimistic about Timmy Turner, considering I know Nelvana isn't The Mouse on steroids and Paramount owns enough of FOP anyway, but this was Thaddeus' reaction to seeing Timmy in Nickelodeon Extreme Tennis

and then there's also Nick Kart Racers 3 not adding Timmy even with its newcomer selection clearly being influenced by NASB+fan requests for it (Jenny, April, Toph, Oblina, PTM, and Jimmy Neutron and Zuko being popular NASB requests), and I'm unsure if it's really worth it to spend time and money making more DLC for this game anyway. But since he's a popular request, he'd be a great way to bait people into buying a sequel.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
TWERRRRP
Chance: 25%

I feel like if we had done this closer to when Rep made those remarks about Extreme Tennis, the ranking would have been a lot lower. Clearly something is holding Timmy Turner back from being in the game, and that something didn't apply to Extreme Tennis.
Said remarks were very pessimistic, Rep basically going out in public and lamenting one game getting to use Timmy while theirs didn't, and I guess shooting down someone taking it all as a hint Timmy's coming with a "head in the clouds" emoji. Timmy, and any FOP character for that matter, was also absent for the other GameMill Nick crossover, which featured a lot of inspiration from NASB, and even had Jimmy. (But inexplicably so were Tommy and Angelica so I don't know how much stock to put in this game's roster)
But enough time has passed since then that for all we know, negotiations are happening. Whether it's for this game (they seriously need to tell us if the game is done or not) or for a sequel (which if it happens, is 2-3 years out). Timmy's demand is astronomical, possibly the highest of any character in the game besides Jimmy, but we have no idea if we're going to get to see that pan out or not for a while.

Want: 95%
As fun as Hugh level inclusions have been, this game could really stand to use some "even your grandma knows them" level of iconic character, and Timmy is pretty close to that. The game does feel incomplete without Fairly Oddparents representation. I take 5% off though since I feel like Cosmo and Wanda on their own as a duo would be a bit more fun (and they are more well known than Timmy to casual observers) but the demand is on the Godchild so I'd take him either way.

Angelica prediction: 30%
Noms to Heffer.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I feel like Cosmo and Wanda on their own as a duo would be a bit more fun (and they are more well known than Timmy to casual observers) but the demand is on the Godchild so I'd take him either way.
And even then, they'd more than likely be part of Timmy's moveset anyway, so it's a win-win!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Doors Are For Chumps
Chance: 80%

I'm willing to chop off some points since the lack of any Fairly OddParents content in Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3 is pretty suspicious, but I'm still absolutely expecting Timmy if we're to get more characters in this game. The demand for him speaks for itself, and it goes without saying that FOP is already one of Nick's biggest, longest-running series, even getting a (rather infamous) reboot last year. The fact that it's not in this OR NKR is kinda baffling to me. People theorycrafted for a while that Nelvana is actually the antichrist and thus Timmy will never stand a chance at getting in, but My Life As a Teenage Robot is also distributed by Nelvana and that show had no problems getting in, so that's been pretty definitively disproven (thank God, since it was a pretty unfounded rumor to begin with). A lot of people point to Rep's comments about Nickelodeon Extreme Tennis as proof that Timmy is done for, but those could've simply been in response to the constant comparisons people were making between it and NASB at the time. I don't see any of it as reason to doubt that Timmy is coming, in this game or a later one.

Want: 50%

I watched FOP religiously as a kid, but in retrospect, I'm not too crazy about it. Something about the pacing of the jokes feels... off, and the show never stood out in my mind as one of the all-time greats like SpongeBob and Jimmy Neutron because of it. Still, Timmy feels obligatory, and at this point, I'd like to see him get in just so people can stop talking about why he isn't in yet.

Angelica Prediction: 40%
We all saw how Tommy's day went. This is gonna be that on steroids.

Noms to Pig

D

Deleted member

Gonna abstain. I don't think my opinion on him has changed much since our last rating.

Noms to Nick Jr Rep

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Timmy Turner

Chance - 40% - It's hard to say what's in store for Timmy. While within the top two most requested characters, he has a unique legal hurdles that prevent him from being added easily. At this point, his exclusion from other things alongside knowing that Rep has expressed frustration at what he can't do has made him more questionable than when he was first brought to the table here.

Want - 100% - My most wanted character. He's just limitless potential.

No predictions because of extra nominations

Nominations
All to Rancid Rabbit

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
boy with the talking fish

Chance: 70%

I went back and forth on this but ultimately I decided that Timmy is still more likely than not. My main reason is that despite not making an appearance in the new kart game, Timmy still appeared in the recent Tennis game which proves that he's not locked out of negotiations. Plus the parties that we know are involved with Fairly OddParents such as Nelvana and Butch Hartman have characters connected to them in the game already. So I don't see there being any major hurdles, legally.

The reason why this score is lower than my previous scores of 90% is because it's still kind of questionable why the kart game doesn't have him when the roster seems to be taking after requested NASB characters, and that irritated response from Rep in reaction to Timmy coming to the tennis game. Truthfully the tone of that comment could be due to numerous reasons, but it's still sus to me. If they are that mad at Timmy joining another game, that could point towards them having problems with negotiations. Again, I don't see where that problem could come from, but it's still something I'm hung up on.

Otherwise, Timmy is such an obvious choice that I'm sure the devs are working hard to include him...if they are still adding characters. Could we get any clarification on that, please?

Nothing's changed here. Fairly OddParents is one of my childhood favorites from Nickelodeon so I'd be very happy to see Timmy happen. Plus I really want to see a reunion of the OG Nicktoons Unite gang.

Prediction: Angelica - 30%

Noms: Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters x10

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

JimboTimbo.PNG

Timmy Turner
Chance: 58.39%

Want: 89%

Winner is @Darkonedagger with 58%! You get 100 Extra noms!
Timmy has moved from the second most likely character to the 9th! This is certainly an Abra-Catastrophe if I've ever seen it!
HOWEVER, Timmy is now our most wanted character!

Also, if you want to use your extra noms, specify that in your post so that I know you want to use them! :dr^_^:

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Sid-cada: 50
Darkonedagger: 100
Heffer x89
Biggie Cheese x79
Lana Loud x65
Spike (Rugrats) x60
Chef Gordon Bleugh x50
Concept: Non-Nicktoon Viacom characters x45
Henry & June x45
Rango x45
Doodlebob x40
Rancid Rabbit x30
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Concept: Nick Jr. Rep x20
Concept: Project M Green Hill Zone stage layout x20
Casey Jones x15
Dr. Paula Hutchinson x11
Papa Smurf x10
Donnie Thornberry x10
Katara x10
Ickis x5
Pelswick x5
Prometheus x5
Professor Calamitous x5
Purple & Brown x5
Filburt x5
Bert the Fish x5
Vicky x5
Johnny Knoxville x5
Mr. Horse x5
Mighty Mouse x5
Danger Mouse x5
Alvin & The Chipmunks x5
Mrs. Puff x5
Man Ray x5
Swiper x3
Pigeon Man x2
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x2
Gnorm Gnat x1

DAY OVER

Rate Angelica Pickles

Predict Pig (Barnyard)

Angelica Pickles

Chance: 15% -
Gonna give her a little bit less than Tommy, but a lot of what's affecting Tommy also affects Angelica. Despite how big Rugrats was for Nick, being its' mascot pre-Spongebob, there seems to be very little demand for more Rugrats reps. The fanbase is mostly 2000's kids, but Rugrats was still going strong and getting loads of reruns at the time, so the main demographic still grew up with it. Nonetheless, Angelica, Tommy, and Stu are all in the 60's in the recent poll, which is... okay, but shows that the show really isn't a priority for the fanbase. Reptar is already here, and that seems to be enough for people. Now, would Angelica get in over someone like Tommy? She's a little more popular but they're about on the same level, and the devs haven't really shown any preference for her. Though she DOES have an announcer call in the game's files, so that always helps! Plus, the devs made those calls to "cover bases", so her young age may not be an issue after all. But either way, it comes down to whether or not we get another Rugrats rep at all rather than Tommy vs. Angelica.

Want: 20% - I'll never understand this girl's popularity... I never liked her at all as a kid, hell an argument about her even got me in trouble in first grade once. She was included to teach kids that "Life isn't Fair", but it wasn't well-executed, and having her get away with **** constantly got very degrading. Granted, she DID get some comeuppance and Pet the Dog moments later in the series, but she was never a character I liked at all (All Grown Up Angelica, however, is a different story! She was way kinder and tended get a lot of sympathetic moments and protagonist stories, so she was way more likable and fun as a result! I actually had a lot of sympathy for this incarnation of Angelica!). Nonetheless, I really didn't like 90's edgy feel-bad, and Angelica didn't have characteristics to balance her out like Bart Simpson did (and don't get me started on my opinion of the average 'girlboss' character nowadays, though unlike a lot of them Angelica was intended to be seen as bratty/antagonistic). Plus, if we're gonna get another Rugrats rep, I'd much rather have Tommy, both for his prestige and his hilarity factor/moveset potential! Rugrats also deserves another, more iconic stage. Teeter-Totter Gulch is super cool, but it only appears in one episode and the inclusion was influenced by a meme, so something to kinda balance it out would be fun. Especially if one took cues from Smash's Living Room.

Nominations:
Lana Loud x10

Predictions:
Pig - 2.58% - Adjusting for a potential overrate, but aside from that Barnyard demand runs squarely on Otis, so I cannot see another Barnyard character happening before him, no matter the meme power.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
STUPID BABIES! STOP HAVING FUN!
Chance: 40%
Want: 95%

I'm in a weird spot where I feel like Angelica is either as likely or slightly more likely than Tommy, but I dunno anymore if I want to give her a 50% like I did with Tommy because, yeah, Rugrats is seemingly not a priority to anyone right now (which is kinda crazy to me, you'd think with it being the first big big Nicktoon, more people would be clamoring for it to be represented properly). I'll knock her down to 40% because of that.

Angelica was a breakout star of the OG show alongside the present and accounted for Reptar. Possibly because of how edgy people liked things to be in the 90's, so the concept of this holy terror of a little girl who still managed to come off as cute and sassy regardless was probably what endeared her to a lot of people. That's what I remember marketing based around Angelica being centered around, less of her as an antagonist and more of her as a sassy girlboss. Hell, that characterization is what she ended up becoming as the show softened up and lost a lot of its bizarre edge. Remember this is the same decade that propelled Bart Simpson to stardom. Hell, with the preference for "cooler" characters, the devs might pick Angelica for this reason.

Something I gotta mention, with very few exceptions, any Nicktoons game Tommy is in, Angelica is there with him. It's sort of a lesser talked about "tradition" of Nick crossover games that Tommy and Angelica seem to have near perfect attendance with one another. The exceptions being AGU Tommy only ever appeared alone. So with that in mind, I genuinely have no idea which one would be a more likely pick if we can only have one, because both have points for and against them. Both are equally recognizable and synonymous with Nickelodeon,. Both would be fun movesets.
Angelica's edge and status as an icon of the 90's might push her over a bit more, and she'd be a safer pick if the whole "don't beat up babies" thing is actually real.

I'd be fine with either, Angelica strikes me as a better pick, but honestly I'd be fine with her or Tommy. I said already with Timmy, this game needs more "instantly recognizably Nickelodeon" characters, and Angelica would fit the bill better than almost any other character. (besides the -immy's, of course)

Pig prediction: 15%.

Man, who else is there...
25 noms for Heffer
25 noms for Katara

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Something I gotta mention, with very few exceptions, any Nicktoons game Tommy is in, Angelica is there with him. It's sort of a lesser talked about "tradition" of Nick crossover games that Tommy and Angelica seem to have near perfect attendance with one another.
I'm still surprised they aren't in Kart Racers 3

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
proof, if proof be needed, that it's always the oldest kid

chances: erm 15% i think. ordinarily i would have said she was exactly the sort of character who'd be included. but even before the "insiders" cropped up i felt the game's future was quite uncertain. perhaps i was reading in to much to the devs silence but we no this game hasn't the best success as well. also the game doesn't always go for characters who seem like they'd be the natural choice for a franchise which i would count as another mark against what would have usually given her an edge.

want: 50% i would take it. i may not remember the show to well but i think it would be fun to have some more rugrats characters. probably just cause i find the image of a toddler beating up the likes of shredder to be humorous.

speaking of rugrats characters, noms to spike

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Angelica

Chance - 9.5% - I'm giving her a slight boost Tommy. The two are in very similar boats. Angelica slight edge in popularity is what makes it, but overall Rugrats is simply not in demand right now. She's going to have to work hard.

Want - 50% - An "I don't care" neutral. I can take or leave her, but I don't have strong feelings.

Predictions

Pig - 1.54% - A bizarre one next day...

Nominations

Rancid Rabbit X55

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Angelica

Chances - 40%
Want - 50%

Not gonna lie, I prefer Tommy over Angelica. She has the popularity and the anti-hero vibe that we don't have much on the NASB roster. Rugrats will get a bigger boost in the sequel, and she and Tommy are the frontliners for the series.

Pig - 1.04%

Nominations:

Reggie Rocket x5

(let me know if she's not available since I haven't checked this thread in awhile)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom