• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Mr. T

Chance: 40%
Tony Soprano is the face of HBO. While Game of Thrones surpassed The Sopranos in cultural impact and iconicness, the latter remains the most emblematic show of the service. The Sopranos is HBO's "brand": a prestige, grounded adult drama dealing with real people in real situations. In that sense, while Arya and GoT are already there for team HBO, the spirit of it still isn't repped and no one does that better than Tony.

Also consider the goal of this game: to promote HBO Max. You want diversity in what's being promoted, you want to show there's something for everyone, and that includes adults who want shows for their audience (that don't include dragons and zombies, thank you very much). If MultiVersus is Smash meets Fortnite then they're going after the player base of both, and the average Smash (and platform fighter) fan is probably in their 20s to 30s. Plainly speaking, being a mature show doesn't necessarily hinder it, and being at the front of the pack likely helps Tony as even if there's a small number he'll be chosen.

As for how he would be included, a couple of things. First, he can just not curse, and without that I don't think his inclusion would ruffle any feathers. To any kid playing he's just a fat gangster stereotype without delving further. Second, the question of how he'll be portrayed. James Gandolfini unfortunately passed away and his son Michael played the role in a prequel movie. Yet James' adult take on the character remains the most iconic and acclaimed so I imagine they'd go for that one (unless the rumors of a prequel show starring Michael do pan out, in which case young Tony would likely be included in a nice bit of synergy). I guess a soundalike would be needed. And with cosmetics they can probably include both.

Also he shows us in Space Jam 2 so that adds a lot of points to him

Want: 100%
The Sopranos is considered one of the greatest shows ever made, and for a reason. Tony is an incredible character with amazing depth and humanity despite being, at his core, a bad person. So sure, bring Jersey's Number One to the multiverse.

Noms: Paul Atreides x10 (c'mon buddy I need you to sandwalk into that top 7)

amageish

Smash Master
Tony Soprano

Chance: 80%. So, Warner Bros owns HBO... Well, Game of Thrones is already here and Soprano's feels like it has to be coming soon... right? Iconicly long-standing and still topical through the prequel film.

Well, it's the usual "Uh, who is this game for exactly?" problem. If this game gets big with the kiddos primarily, then I could see Tony missing the boat this time. If the game is going for the Fortnite-esque "kiddos and their nostalgic parents" vibes, then, yeah, Tony is all but a lock IMO.

Want: Abstain. More "I wouldn't be excited, but they should be here" reactions haha.

Noms: Harvey Birdman x5

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Tony

Chance- Abstain
I've seen too little of Sopranos to know where Tony would exactly stand chances wise.

Want- 5%
Although from what I've seen from Sopranos Tony isn't really particularly the type of character I would like to want. There are WB owned characters I would rather see Tony making it over them.

Noms
Mucha Lucha rep - x4
Dio Brando- x1

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Tony Soprano
Chance:
70%
So, The Sopranos is THE "prestige" television show. Without The Sopranos we wouldn't have Game of Thrones, HBO wouldn't be seen as the place to watch mature and hard-hitting dramas, and WB knows this because they're always advertising HBO with The Sopranos. The ending of the show is hotly debated to this day, some seeing it as genius and some as laughable, with tons of parodies even if you don't realize that's what they're parodying. I think if WB wants to reach past Game of Thrones to get some of their most famous HBO icons, Tony would be the guy they wanna get. I think the only thing stopping him is whether a more realistic crime boss character is one they'd go for instead of grabbing someone like The Penguin from DC. Game of Thrones at least is a fantasy series, rather than a serious drama. Honestly though, I don't think they'd care if they settled on the idea...I just don't know if they WOULD settle on the idea.

Want: 90%
I'll be honest, I've never seen The Sopranos, but also that doesn't really matter to me. I know how influential this show was and still is. I know how beloved it is. I know it's about tough-as-nails gangsters and I know Tony himself is the patriarch of the family. Tony Soprano is one of those names that as soon as he entered the conversation I knew I wanted him in. He's such an out-there choice with huge name value, and the idea of a mob boss character archetype could be a blast moveset-wise. I love it when super out-there choices get into a game and this is one that would not only raise eyebrows but also make for some great big-body hard-hitting moves. Part of the appeal of this game is seeing the craziest characters crossover and seeing one of HBO's icons and a character who defined "prestige" TV make it in is super appealing to me.

Nominations: Austin Powers x10

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Chance: 40%. This is another weird one. The Sopranos is an iconic series, and a key part of the HBO brand. That being said, how much do these fanbases overlap? How many Sopranos fans are gonna go check out this wacky punchy cartoony game just so they can play as Tony Soprano? How many Smash fans are interested in a gritty mature show? This is an obstacle to Tony's chances. I know we have GOT, but the Fantasy aspects provide a bit more overlap. Speaking of, Tony Soprano is just a guy. What would his moveset be? I gave him a pretty respectable 40% chance, he's hardly impossible, but he's no lock.

Want: Abstain. I've never watched The Sopranos. I don't have enough time to do anything. Life is a monotonous grind where I think of all the fun things I can do when I get free time, then I do none of them. I'm a prisioner to myself, and there's no escape. Why am I venting on Smashboards dot com's wacky cartoon punchy thread

noms: the concept x10

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I originally thought The Sopranos was a musical based on the title

Chance: 60%

Since I did put Tony Soprano in my top 10 most likely MultiVersus candidates article, I feel obligated to help make the case for him. When I was putting together the list I was thinking of what could be the next HBO show after Game of Thrones to get a character? And my mind went straight to The Sopranos. It's a show synonymous with HBO, it received awards, and it's held in high regard. Even if you haven't watched the show, chances are you've seen some clips from it, or you've heard people praising it. Its influence and legacy cannot be overstated enough, it is the standard for a realistic drama show.

Now there are some things I wanted to cover. Some people pointed out that Tony is a regular guy and while that is true, that doesn't mean he would be boring. From my research Tony seems to get into conflict often (which makes sense as he's part of the mafia) which translates into combat experience. He can use several guns and they could even pull some direct references from the show to use for attacks. Another thing worth mentioning is that Tony Soprano's actor passed away but I don't think that is an obstacle. James' son recently starred in a prequel film so I imagine that the family would be fine with Warner Bros using the late James' likeness. Or they could just use his son's likeness and that would still count for this rating since it's still the same character. Still the older, more experienced version of Tony is the critically acclaimed one and the one that elevated the character, so that would most likely be the version picked.

Either way, I think Tony Soprano is a serious contender for this game. If Warner Bros wants to include another character from their live-action TV repertoire, Tony is one of the top choices.

Want: Abstain

I'm sorry to join the abstain train but I haven't seen a single episode of The Sopranos. It sounds like a really interesting show but right now I just have too much on my plate when it comes to stuff I am currently watching.

Noms:
Popeye x5
Ed Edd n Eddy x5

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

Chance: 70%
Okay, if you’re familiar with the pop culture landscape from within the past 20 or so years, you likely know that The Sopranos was one of the most influential pieces of television... well, ever. You can find its DNA in just about every prestige TV drama since its release, and it is bar none HBO’s most recognizable original series aside from Game of Thrones. The Sopranos was the series that really gave HBO’s original programming its pedigree, so it should go without saying that if the Multiversus team were to go for a non-Game of Thrones HBO rep, Tony seems like a no-brainer. It also helps that the recent prequel movie, The Many Saints of Newark, is keeping the series relevant in the modern day.

Right now, Tony has two major obstacles standing in his way currently. The first is if the Multiversus devs would want to go for a gritty realistic crime drama protagonist among their cast of wacky super-powered fantasy characters. I don’t think the content of The Sopranos is any issue considering we have Arya in the game, but I’m not sure if the devs would think Tony’s aesthetic would gel with the less realistic characters. Granted, the whiplash is part of the appeal, but I could see Tony being glossed over if the devs are concerned with thematic cohesion. The second big issue is with using the late James Gandolfini’s likeness. I don’t think it’d be too big of an issue considering Sopranos media is still being made, but it is something to consider. If the likeness thing is too much of an issue, they could always fall back on using the younger Many Saints of Newark incarnation played by James’ son, Michael. Though more people are familiar with James’ take on the character, so who knows if they’d even consider that approach.

I’m not super far into The Sopranos right now, but from what I’ve seen, I completely understand the hype. And part of that is because of how great and multi-faceted of a protagonist Tony is. When this game was first announced, one of the main things a group of friends on Discord was joking about was Tony Soprano making the roster and fighting the likes of Bugs Bunny and Steven Universe. The concept of the funny Italian crime drama man making it into the wacky WB platform fighter was way too funny of a concept for me to ever let it go. Also helps that The Sopranos is more than deserving of a spot thanks to its influence.

also me if tony soprano doesn’t get into multiversus:

Noms: Eric Andre x8
Audrey II x2

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Popeye The Sailor Man.

Some songs to get into the spinach-eating mood:

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL AND VOID.
Day 8 - Popeye The Sailor Man
Day 9 - Wiz & Boomstick (Death Battle)
Day 10 - Ben 10
Day 11 - Austin Powers
Day 12 - Eric Andre (The Eric Andre Show)
Day 13 - Paul Atreides (Dune)
Day 14 - Gumball (The Amazing World of Gumball)

KillerCage

Smash Master
Hey! It's Popeye, the guy who killed Saitama!

Chance- 65%

I would have rated his chances lower had he not shown up in the Season 8 finale of Death Battle. From what I understand, the Popeye brand is public domain. Warner Brothers just owns the rights to the animated cartoons. I don't see copyrights being a hurdle for Popeye. The bigger issue is his lack of relevancy with the notable except of Death Battle. Considering he is from the Rubberhose era of animation, I wonder if he's redundant since MultiVerses already has Jake the Dog as our stretchy guy. Then again, Popeye could be MultiVerses' equivalent to Mr. Game & Watch as he would be older than any other character on the roster including Superman.

Want- 80%

Part of the reason why I want Popeye is due to how he was showcased in Death Battle. He is BROKEN; he doesn't even need his spinach to be busted! Popeye could toss that spinach to his allies for stat boosts. Also Popeye is REALLY old, older than the rest of the current roster. He could be use to celebrate WB's brands across the ages.

My Nomination: Michael J. Caboose (Red vs Blue) x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Tony Soprano
Chance: 55%
Want: 79.29%

Tony by far had the lowest participation so far. It seemed like it was mostly his fans that participated. In fact if it wasn't for a single 5% Tony's want score would have been 91.67%.

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74

25-49
Eustace Bagge x40
Harvey Birdman x40
Concept: Characters with no strong Warner Bros connection x39
Quan-Chi x35
Daffy Duck x35
**** Dastardly Richard x33
The Grinch x29
Mucha Lucha rep x26
Zatanna x25
K.O x25

1-24
Willy Wonka x20
Numbuh 1 x20
John Constantine x20
Agent K x15
Ed, Edd n Eddy x15
Citizen Kane x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Pim and Charlie x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Neo x5
Static x5
Rick Sanchez x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Fred Flintstone x5
Dio Brando x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Kuroyukihime x2
Audrey II x2
Jarro x1
Maxwell x1
Jackie Chan x1
Godzooky x1

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Popeye the Sailor Man

Chance: 70%

Popeye is one of THE most iconic cartoon characters and one of the oldest characters. He definitely belongs in the cartoony world of MultiVersus. I know WB owns some of the rights to Popeye but the brand is public domain. The developers have confirmed that they don’t mind going out of their way for third party characters. I consider Popeye a secondary character. He does lack relevancy besides him appearing recently in Death Battle though. I don’t know how much WB prioritizes Popeye but I’d say he has a fair shot.

I’m all up for Popeye. He’d be insanely busted and have a gimmick with spinach. He definitely deserves to be there alongside Bugs Bunny and the liking to celebrate the WB catalog. I know he’s not going to be first priority but I would love for one of the oldest cartoon characters to join the roster for real.

Noms
**** (Richard) Dastardly X5
The Grinch X5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
alright then

the man who would be mario

chances: 50% well if his cartoons are owned by WB and is otherwise public domain there should be any problem and he can go either way. a cartoon icon like him would seem right at home in this game with bugs, tom and jerry. but then i can see him just as easily being left out, competition is fierce and im not sure he anything that gives him and edge. im not really sure on the current public perception of the character so i cant really say in that regard.

want: 25% theres a part of me that wants it. the part of me that think hes well suited to the characters. and another part thats wants to see him punch the characters who take themselves so seriously. plus if they can come up with an interesting mechanic based around the spinach that would be a plus. again im a bit out of touch in regards to his current form so ive no idea if theres a reboot thatll effect his moveset.

noms to daffy

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Popeye would no doubt be an easy character to include, but I'm wondering "why?" MultiVersus seems to be targeting younger players and what's recent. While I'm sure you could ask anyone they would identify them, I don't think there would be many who say they actively like him. He's an icon but there's not much going on with him, at least not much that makes the general public notice, in fact I actually had no idea the series was still doing more things without going on Wikipedia for quick research.

Popeye is iconic and would be an easy grab, but I don't think he'd make sense for this game. I feel this game's audience and the fanbase of Popeye are completely different and don't interact much (not saying Popeye for MultiVersus supporters don't exist, otherwise this day wouldn't have happened, but I think its rare to see).

Want: 25%
Popeye is not a character I'm actively rooting for, and not a character I actively hate. I wouldn't put him in 50% though, I don't think there's enough people to actively want him for me to say "at least those people are happy" like when Banjo or Sora got in. I don't think I'd hate his addition, but I think I'd feel it'd be anticlimactic (for lack of a better word), like "okay, now is there another character or do I have to wait for something interesting to happen?"

Noms:
The Impratical Jokers x10

amageish

Smash Master
Popeye

Chance: 50%. Part of me feels like I should be rating Popeye higher. He's famous! He's iconic! Even if you just know him as that guy on the logo for some brands of spinach, you can't deny that he has made his mark on pop culture...

That said, him being public-domain-ish means he doesn't really fit the "Hey, look at all this IPs we own!" angle of the game. The roster as we know it also has a real modern bent and, frankly, there's a lot of other classic characters they could include who remained relevant in more forms then Popeye. Now, there are rumblings that his cancelled movie is going to be brought back from the dead and go back into production, so maybe he'll become super relevant again soon with a big marketing push, but my honest impulse is that Popeye is just going to be a harder sell in the modern day - he's classic and iconic, but, uh, the core motifs behind the cast of Popeye aren't exactly evergreen ones.

Soooooo, I don't know where things fall. He feels like he'd make perfect sense, but depending on their motivations... I could see it going either way for the good old sailor man.

Want: Abstain. Usual "I feel like he's iconic enough to merit inclusion, but he's also so huge that he wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't be excited by the choice" thing...

Noms: Harvey Birdman x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The guy who gave the sun a black eye

Chance: 60%

I do believe Popeye is a strong contender. Warner Bros owns some of the cartoons and Popeye would fit right in with the likes of Bugs Bunny and Tom & Jerry. I see people say that Popeye doesn't have much relevance, but is that really a big deal? He's an icon! Now I'm not sure if this is still the case to this day but when I was a little kid they did air Popeye cartoons often and even as someone who is in the Gen Z category (21) I enjoyed the shorts and it inspired me to eat spinach. Popeye has been around since 1929 starting with the Thimble Theatre comics and it's very impressive he is still relevant and iconic to this day. Sure he doesn't have much to advertise these days but when you have a character who does have some memes and is still alive and kicking after almost a century, that has to count for something.

Of course that's not saying he is a guarantee, but he would be a relatively safe sell as he appeals to multiple generations. He may not be quite as hip and cool with people today like with characters such as the Joker or Pennywise, but Popeye would still be a notable addition to the roster.

Want: 90%

As mentioned above I grew up with the Popeye shorts. In fact after I made his support thread I decided to watch some of the cartoons and they are still funny. Sure they haven't aged well in some aspects like with how Olive Oyl is depicted but the cartoons themselves are still entertaining. Popeye himself would be extremely wacky. I can imagine him eating spinach and then using some toonforce shenanigans in his moveset, such as using his pipe to fly or summoning a heavy object out of thin air to throw. Popeye isn't one of my top most wanted, but he would be an inclusion that I'd be very happy with.

Noms:
Ed, Edd n Eddy x5
Doomsday x5

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Popeye

Chance- 60%
I think Popeye's iconic status and classic characters like Bugs Bunny would increase his chances of making it in. Multiversus wise I think he is also one of the safer choices as well.

Want- 50%
Popeye would be a neat inclusion for sure despite not being in my top tier wants. Other than his iconic status, he would bring an interesting potential to the game.

Noms
Mucha Lucha rep x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Are we sure WB owns the Popeye cartoons? iirc there was an animated movie in the works a while back and it was by Sony. Then there's the live action movie which was a co-production between Paramount and Disney.

Edit: from what I could find WB only owns some of the original cartoons but not the character or the IP

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
From what I could understand, WB owns the rights to some of the Popeye cartoons.
Not the Popeye brand and characters themselves as those are in public domain.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
From what I could understand, WB owns the rights to some of the Popeye cartoons.
Not the Popeye brand and characters themselves as those are in public domain.
As I understand it, creative works enter the US public domain 95 years after publication. Since Popeye debuted in 1929, that means he won't enter the public domain until 2024 (and that's if Disney lobbyists don't manage to change the law before that).

If everything I'm saying is right, then Popeye is still owned by someone and would require licensing to include.

D

Deleted member

I Eats Ma Spinach.

Chance - 40%
I can't claim that I fully understand the copyright stuff. But from what i can see online. Popeye is a character who it's fairly easy to use. So it doesn't seem like there's too much trouble. I just don't know how high on the priority list he would be. There's no doubt that he'd fit in alongside the likes of Bugs, Tom and Jerry and even his old King Features Syndicate pal Superman, but I just don't see him as a big priority. I feel like there are many more characters with a closer connection to Warner and with more modern cred who they would prioritise first.

Want - 50%

Popeye's cool. I had some of the old cartoons on DVD as a kid. He isn't particularly a character who would make me get hyped. But I also wouldn't mind if he got in. It would be pretty cool if he animated like the old cartoons.

Noms to Pim and Charlie (Smiling Friends)

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Jumpman

Chance: 35%
After much research I can safely conclude that Popeye is presently owned by King Features Syndicate, the still-alive and operational company that once syndicated the original comic strip (and which is in turn owned by... Hearst? Citizen Kane owns Popeye? Small world huh?) KFS nowadays has licensing as a major part of its business model, as they own iconic old characters like Betty Boop and Felix the Cat (that's how the canceled Popeye animated movie came to be). Therefore I can't see them say no to the devs if they asked for Popeye. As long as he's not doing anything that'd damage the character's brand or reputation they'd likely give the go-ahead. Or WB can wait two years and see if Popeye becomes fair game for anyone.

Will they go for Popeye? That's a tough question. On one hand he's iconic. On the other hand he's old as ****, much older than even the Looney Tunes or Tom & Jerry. He's not completely dead, apparently there's a webcomic that started in 2019? But he's not in the public eye, likely owing to his complicated ownership preventing any major Popeye projects from being made. Maybe WB just doesn't see him worth including. After all I can't see "we have the original Popeye cartoons" being a major selling point for HBO Max to anyone bar hardcore animation fans.

Want: 75%
He just barely passes the rule of WB association to make sense. And frankly Popeye in a fighter would be a lot of fun. He's already a brawler and the way he moves would make him super interesting visually. I'm all for this.

Noms: Agent K

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Popeye the Sailor Man

Chance - 60%. I don’t think the devs would have any trouble getting Popeye in MultiVersus. I know that there are rights issues involving certain Popeye cartoons, but it seems Warner Bros owns Popeye for the most part (I could totally be wrong). Popeye even has his own section on the boomerang streaming service. Popeye is a huge icon in world of comic strips and early animation. I don’t think there would be any problem, as long as they pull from the shorts that Warner Bros owns. It really just depends on if the devs want him in.

Want - 75%. Popeye is one of my most favorite early comic/cartoon characters out there. Like I also mentioned above, Popeye is such a huge icon. He definitely earns his spot on the roster, especially a fighting game, just look at his huge fists. I would love to see what the devs could do with Popeye, especially with his moveset.

Noms: Eustace Bagge x5

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Popeye

I don't wish to disparage Popeye the Sailor Man two days after his birthday, but I have to be honest, this looks pretty grim. I really want to believe that Popeye has a great shot, considering he's a fun character, and making moves for him feels self-explanatory, but I'm going to set my expectations low here. I think the fact people seem shocked that Popeye is owned by Warner Bros is a sign that it's not really a property that WB cares much about revisiting. I've seen Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, and just about every single Hanna-Barbera character still have new shows, new movies, or cameo in shows constantly. It's obvious when Warner Bros doesn't want a character's popularity to die because at the very least they'll get a cameo on Harvey Birdman or something. That said, with the only thing 'Popeye' in the works right now being that movie that Warner Bros isn't working on, I don't see it happening. What else has he really been in? I guess there was that weird, broken Nintendo Switch game from last year, but I couldn't even tell you if WB had any hand in that at all. I can believe the developers asking for him, but I think WB wouldn't be keen on it.

Want: 80%
I don't really have much to say here. He's not one of my all-time favorites, but I like him, I think he's funny, and I feel he would make a great addition. I'd especially love it if he had some kind of super form like Joker in Smash, but with spinach.

Nominations:
Zatanna x5
Harvey Birdman x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Wiz and Boomstick, the hosts of the online show, Death Battle.

Here are some episodes to get into the mood for a DEATH BATTLE!!

D

Deleted member

"IT'S TIME FOR A DEATH BATTLE!'

Chance - 15% Don't really see this happening. I feel like if Rooster Teeth where to get a character it would be a RWBY character or someone from Gen:Lock. I guess if they really tuned into the memes. Wiz and Boomstick don't really do any actual fighting from what I know (though I haven't watched Death Battle in forever. When i was still watching they didn't even have actual designs iirc) What I could see is them being added as bonus announcers. That feels pretty fitting and is a fun little extra thing that would be a nod to their show.

Want - 15% - They're fine. I kind of don't get the demand but if they where added then I wouldn't be mad. I remember them being funny enough. Not really a character I'm calling out for but if they got in I'd be like "huh. Neat!"

Noms to Willy Wonka

Last edited by a moderator:
Chance: 50%

I don't know if they ever join as Fighters. Plus, they could fit as Hosts in Multiversus, since they are hosts ot Death Battle, which it makes more sense. I state 50% for them, because they are very popular, but they don't have cool moveset, because they would composite pop culture stuff (which is actually lazy and uncreative). Despite Rooster Teeth is popular, Wiz and Boomstick are kinda unlikely despite the chance is 50%. Death Battle could be represented by stage or song instead of Fighter to be honest.

Want: 60%

While I'm not fan of Death Battle, then I won't mind them in the Roster. Wiz and Boomstick would have interesting moveset if they didn't use Pop-Culture stuff. Since Rooster Teeth is very popular, then they could join the Battle. Like I said earlier, I could want them as Hosts in Multiversus rather than playable, but still they could have nice representation.
I didn't watch the Death Battle, but having a YouTube Rep in Multiversus sounds interesting.

Nominations:
5x Rick Sanchez

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Wiz and Boomstick (Death Battle)

Chance: 25%

At first, I was a bit shocked to find out Death Battle was owned by WB. But, given the fact they own Rooster Teeth now is huge on its own. If we were to receive a Rooster Teeth character, it would most likely be Ruby Rose. Wiz and Boomstick are not much of fighters. I can see them as bonus announcers for sure talking about the characters before the match ala like a Death Battle episode. However, I do not see them much as fighters. I'm sure we're going to see something from a good amount of Rooster Teeth properties in MultiVersus. However, Wiz and Boomstick are not the best to go into a cartoony death battle.

Want: As fighters: 35%
As bonus announcers: 100%

Honestly, I do not Wiz and Boomstick as fighters. Sure, their moves can contain an amalgamation of pop-culture references (think like T.O.M. from Toonami if he were a fighter). I wouldn't mind them in the game as fighters. I just think WB should prioritize their more iconic IPs before diving into the deeper ones. For the two being bonus announcers/commentators, I would definitely love. Sure, there are going to be franchises in MultiVersus represented without a fighter in other ways whether it would be stages, bonus content, etc. Wiz and Boomstick feel right at home as announcers. I used to watch Death Battle a lot growing up. I feel the pick would just be nostalgic for me.

Noms:
**** (Richard) Dastardly X5
The Grinch X5

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Vague Ninja Training does not beat canon feats

Chance: 5%

They have specific designs and weird things they can do but I see them as extremely low priority if they're even on the radar at all. They could be an oddball pick if they're looking for one but WB have plenty of those all around too.

Want: 10%

Not as fighters. As announcers they'd be neat but otherwise, it's a resounding no.

Noms:
All on Quan-Chi

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Abstain. I've watched Death Battle, but only a few times. I recognize the talent that goes into the animations, but it's kind of like having an Epic Rap Battles of History rep for me. I have just absolutely no stake in it.

Nominations:
Fred Flintstone x5

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
"He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!"
"It's time if we can survive Death Battle and MutliVerses!"

Chance- 25%

I may be the one who nominated these guys, but even I have to admit their chances aren't great. Death Battle is one of Rooster Teeth's most popular shows alongside RWBY and Red vs Blue. It's worth pointing out that Death Battle was created by Screwattack which was later bought by RT which is now owned by Warner Brothers. People will argue Wiz and Boomstick won't work in MultiVerses, but there again we did talk about John Oliver. Death Battle did confirm that the series finale will be Wiz vs Boomstick so they do have an arsenal to draw from. I think the biggest issue regarding their inclusion is Death Battle. Death Battle uses a lot of characters NOT OWNED by WB. I am just not sure if that can be addressed.

Want- 100%

I want to see Wiz and Boomstick in MultiVerses. I have been watching Death Battle since Ben Singer actually animated those early Season 1 episodes and I still do to this day. Many people can see them be announcers, but it would be WAY funnier if they was actually fighters. Can you imagine Wiz and Boomstick's reactions when they have to fight characters they have analysis for their show? I can imagine Batman being a bit more aggressive to these two since they had him die in three of the four episodes featuring the caped crusader. Nickelodeon All Star Brawl made Reporter April O'neil work as a playable fighter. I think MultiVerse can make Wiz and Boomstick work as a duo fighter.

My nomination: Michael J. Caboose (Red vs Blue) x15 (since I have 15 full sentences though I can dial it back to x10 if it doesn't work that way DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 .)

Last edited:
Top Bottom