• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
Expect: 40%. I'm not sure if all of RoosterTeeth's franchises would be treated with the same... priority of RWBY, I guess. Death Battle is popular in its own right, with its episodes usually netting a million views in less than a week. However, I haven't seen Wiz and Boomstick get as much love as Ruby. People mentioned Ruby's cameos and crossovers before (Dr. Sleep, Smite, The Justice League comic crossover), but one thing that caught my eye months ago was this: https://twitter.com/WarnerMedia/status/1460359814727483395

RWBY is once again, the only RoosterTeeth rep in Warner Bros related media. I'm not saying that these appearances guarantee we'll see Brandi Rhodes piledrive Bam Bam, it's just that I'm not sure if any other franchises besides RWBY will get this much love.

Want: 100%. Oh hell yes. Boomstick is one of my most wanted simply because of how attached I am to the show. I've been watching since Rogue vs Wonder Woman in seventh grade back in 2011, and it warms my heart to see how it has grown over the past 10 years. They do have their own abilities, some from one off gags (Boomstick's Windbreaker and kitten cannon) while others are reoccurring, like Dummi and Mecha-Goose Howard. They can also pull a Game & Watch and use different combatant abilities- the Mega Buster or Boomsick's Stand, for example, though I do understand that isn't a popular decision.

Noms: Powerpuff Girls X5
Dexter (Dexter's Lab) x5

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Wiz and Boomstick

Chance- 15%
If Rooster Teeth is going to pick a Multiversus rep it is most likely going to be Rwby given it is basically their staple series at this point. I do think they might care enough for Death Battle enough Wiz and Boomstick would make a surprise appearance in it. Though I think if there are extra announcer voices then they will most likely appear as that.

Want- 80%
From what I've seen from Death Battle they are a rather an amusing duo and makes Death Battle pretty funny. They would make a cool Ice Climber style duo fighters too and curious what would they do with Boomstick's shotgun leg.

Noms
Mucha Lucha rep- x5

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Expect: 40%. I'm not sure if all of RoosterTeeth's franchises would be treated with the same... priority of RWBY, I guess. Death Battle is popular in its own right, with its episodes usually netting a million views in less than a week. However, I haven't seen Wiz and Boomstick get as much love as Ruby. People mentioned Ruby's cameos and crossovers before (Dr. Sleep, Smite, The Justice League comic crossover), but one thing that caught my eye months ago was this: https://twitter.com/WarnerMedia/status/1460359814727483395

RWBY is once again, the only RoosterTeeth rep in Warner Bros related media. I'm not saying that these appearances guarantee we'll see Brandi Rhodes piledrive Bam Bam, it's just that I'm not sure if any other franchises besides RWBY will get this much love.

Want: 100%. Oh hell yes. Boomstick is one of my most wanted simply because of how attached to the show. I've been watching since Rogue vs Wonder Woman back in seventh grade back in 2011, and it warms my heart to see how it has grown over the past 10 years. They do have their own abilities, some from one off gags (Boomstick's Windbreaker and kitten cannon) while others are reoccurring, like Dummi and Mecha-Goose Howard. They can also pull a Game & Watch and use different combatant abilities- the Mega Buster or Boomsick's Stand, for example, though I do understand that isn't a popular decision.

Noms: Powerpuff Girls X5
You have written at least 10 sentences so you should be able to give 10 noms instead of the usual five.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The ultimate fanboy debates

Chance: 30%

Death Battle is a very popular show that has been around for about a decade now. When it comes to Rooster Teeth's library Death Battle is one of their bread and butter shows and with Wiz and Boomstick now having cartoon personifications they could work in a fighting game. They just have some obstacles. For instance, Rooster Teeth also has Red vs Blue and RWBY, with RWBY being probably their biggest show, among other shows they have. I also agree with others here saying that they would fit better as announcers, although they do have enough gag and recurring weapons to fill out a moveset. Overall, they do have a decent chance but I'm skeptical.

Want: 80%

When it comes to Rooster Teeth's catalogue I'd much prefer RWBY getting some characters. But I enjoy Death Battle a lot. I started watching it during its early years and recently I got back into it and have been catching up on the series. I do appreciate the show for what it does, pitting two characters against each other who likely would never officially meet and not only analyzing them, but putting them in an animated video where we can see them fight which is a dream come true. As for Wiz and Boomstick themselves, they are so much fun. They have great chemistry and their back and forth humor is fantastic. I would be ecstatic if they were even just announcers, but to see them participating in a fighting game would be wicked cool.

Noms:
Ed, Edd n Eddy x5
Doomsday x5

calcs coming tomorrow

My nomination: Michael J. Caboose (Red vs Blue) x15 (since I have 15 full sentences though I can dial it back to x10 if it doesn't work that way DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 .)
Honestly I haven't thought about this. I am a bit worried about the idea of people getting 15 noms consistently dominating the noms list because they are earning 3x the noms vs the average user gaining 5 noms. I think the 10 sentences = 10 noms rule is a good balance of rewarding those who go the extra mile while at the same time giving the people who only write 4 sentences a chance to get their ideas into the top 7.

But what do you all think? If there is enough demand for a 15 sentence = 15 noms rule then I might consider it. I personally see it as unbalanced but I might be assuming wrong.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
The ultimate fanboy debates

Chance: 30%

Death Battle is a very popular show that has been around for about a decade now. When it comes to Rooster Teeth's library Death Battle is one of their bread and butter shows and with Wiz and Boomstick now having cartoon personifications they could work in a fighting game. They just have some obstacles. For instance, Rooster Teeth also has Red vs Blue and RWBY, with RWBY being probably their biggest show, among other shows they have. I also agree with others here saying that they would fit better as announcers, although they do have enough gag and recurring weapons to fill out a moveset. Overall, they do have a decent chance but I'm skeptical.

When it comes to Rooster Teeth's catalogue I'd much prefer RWBY getting some characters. But I enjoy Death Battle a lot. I started watching it during its early years and recently I got back into it and have been catching up on the series. I do appreciate the show for what it does, pitting two characters against each other who likely would never officially meet and not only analyzing them, but putting them in an animated video where we can see them fight which is a dream come true. As for Wiz and Boomstick themselves, they are so much fun. They have great chemistry and their back and forth humor is fantastic. I would be ecstatic if they were even just announcers, but to see them participating in a fighting game would be wicked cool.

Noms:
Ed, Edd n Eddy x5
Doomsday x5

calcs coming tomorrow

Honestly I haven't thought about this. I am a bit worried about the idea of people getting 15 noms consistently dominating the noms list because they are earning 3x the noms vs the average user gaining 5 noms. I think the 10 sentences = 10 noms rule is a good balance of rewarding those who go the extra mile while at the same time giving the people who only write 4 sentences a chance to get their ideas into the top 7.

But what do you all think? If there is enough demand for a 15 sentence = 15 noms rule then I might consider it. I personally see it as unbalanced but I might be assuming wrong.
That's fair. I have see a few people write to that 15 sentence threshold, but not enough to justify that 15 sentence=15 noms idea. I'll stick to the 10 sentence=10 noms for now on.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Wiz and Boomstick

Chance: 0%.

They're not putting these "characters" in; who are effectively just narrators for what I'm shocked isn't a copyright nightmare for Warner. And I use "characters" loosely. They rehash the same stupid "jokes" about themselves and exist solely to give a face to the voices of the hosts. Death Battle absolutely is not getting a rep.

Want: 0%.

And why should they? Any moveset potential they have can be covered by characters Warner actually gives a damn about that they own. You wanna talk Rooster Tooth as the black sheep of Warner, but if they're the black sheep, Death Battle is the estranged cousin of that sheep that they only keep around because they feel sorry for it. If, for any reason they wanted to give these two a role of any kind, it would be better saved for the announcer or to make quips after battle, which is the most "iconic" (and I say that as loosely as possible) thing that they do. They themselves are not iconic.

There's a million things Warner could promote before these two, and I don't see them having any role in this game without a significant fan outpouring for it, which, knowing the controversial and middling reception of Death Battle as a whole, I don't ever see happening. Ridiculous to even consider it, I say.

Noms:
Harry Potter x10

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Alright, got my right hand back and it looks like I still got time to type this so let's go

W&BS

Chance: 10%
Death Battle just seems kinda small in the breadth of WB's stable of IP. Rooster Teeth in general seems to be "the division we don't know what to do with" beyond RWBY. I guess in a long enough timeline anyone can and will make it in. But at the same time, will a YouTube channel, with content that's free to watch, ever be a priority for WB to market? I kinda doubt it.

Want: 0%
I have watched some Death Battle a while back but I wouldn't call myself a fan. The entire concept of pitting two characters against each other usually boils down to "um actually Guy X spit on God's eye in issue #5671 as a joke which canonically gives him reality warper powers" or some other crap to make it surprising. I don't really remember these two and from what I'm hearing from others they aren't exactly fighter material so I'll be on team no. As announcers though? That's a million dollar idea.

Noms to Agent K

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Abstain on both ends. I kinda grew out of Death Battle after a certain point and haven’t had any interest in it for a looooooong time, so I don’t feel like I have any stake in this one. Doesn’t really help that I’m not a fan of power scaling arguments in general so Death Battle really isn’t gonna do anything for me. They’d be kinda neat as announcers though, I guess.

Nominate Audrey II x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Popeye
Chance: 51.82%
Want: 65%

The general consensus is that Popeye would be a respectable, albeit not super exciting inclusion.

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74
Harvey Birdman x50

25-49
Eustace Bagge x45
Daffy Duck x40
Concept: Characters with no strong Warner Bros connection x39
**** Dastardly Richard x38
Quan-Chi x35
The Grinch x34
Mucha Lucha rep x31
Zatanna x30
K.O x25
Agent K x25

1-24
Willy Wonka x20
Numbuh 1 x20
John Constantine x20
Ed, Edd n Eddy x20
Citizen Kane x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Pim and Charlie x10
Michael J. Caboose x10
The Impractical Jokers x10
Pim and Charlie x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Neo x5
Static x5
Rick Sanchez x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Fred Flintstone x5
Dio Brando x5
Doomsday x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Kuroyukihime x2
Audrey II x2
Jarro x1
Maxwell x1
Jackie Chan x1
Godzooky x1

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Abstain on Wiz and Boomstick, I just can't get my thoughts together on them. I'm too conflicted and feel I shouldn't spend any more time thinking about it than I already have.

Noms to The Impractical Jokers.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Wiz and Boomstick

Chance and Want:
Abstain. I'm not against them, and I've watched some Death Battle, and in fact generally speaking I'm a sucker for strange picks! However, I just don't have the passion needed to type up a post I'm proud of here.

Nominations: Harvey Birdman x5

amageish

Smash Master
Wiz and Boomstick

Chance
: 10%. Sooooooo, I think Rooster Teeth getting content is pretty likely as I still generally believe this game is partly aiming to solidify Warner Brothers IPs as being associated together as a brand... and I don't think most people associate Death Battle with Warner Bros... but I'm also not sure if this is one corporate Warner is likely to care about. It's a small part of the brand of one of their subsidiaries. I could definitely see it happening with some fandom push for it, but at the moment... It feels like there are just bigger fish to fry?

Want: Yeah, I'm going to join the brigade of people making the obvious point and say 100% want as optional Announcer voices, but otherwise I abstain. I haven't watched any Death Battle in a long time and I generally am not deeply invested in the "What if [character] fought [other character]"-type discourse that happens online, but... C'mon, it'd be fun to see the people famous for announcing crossover fights announce these crossover fights! I would enjoy that a lot.

Noms: Harvey Birdman x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Me: "You know, I have a little extra free time this morning before I have to go to work. I'll end the day now."

Smashboards: "No, I don't think so."

Anyway, day over.

Rate Ben 10.

Some songs to get into the alien-morphing mood:

Oh dam, I just realized we are rating Ben 10...on day 10. What are the odds of that??!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's Hero Time

Chance: 90%

Ben 10's a strong legacy series to bring into Multiversus and obviously the titular character would be the representative. Beyond the legacy of the older series, it still has more recent shows, albeit not as well received. There's also other shows they want to do with the series so it's something that WB still have an interest in. I suppose the only difficulty may be in implementing his various alien transformations but he's been in other platform fighters before so this isn't as bad of a problem but game development is a blow up.

I'm more into the older series so I don't have as much interest in him showing up if he's mainly based on anything beyond Alien Force but he'd still be really cool either way, it's not much of a deal breaker. I do prefer other stuff from around then that I'd want to see too.

Noms:
All on Quan-Chi

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Ben 10

Chance- 70%
Given Ben's series is a mainstay with Cartoon Network and Steve Universe is already in this game his chances are pretty likely. Although there's a possibility Ben can't make due to situations like his transformations are difficult to implement.

Want- 50%
It depends on what version of Ben for me overall. Since I don't mind the classic Ben 10 making it due to I like his alien transformations back then. But I don't want the Ben 10 that is Alien Force and later since that is the point where I lost interest in the Ben 10 series.

Mucha Lucha rep- x5

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Benjamin Kirby Tennyson

Chance: 80%
This franchise has been running for nearly 20 years, and you can't really go that long if it didn't bring in the big bucks. Steven Universe didn't even have that staying power, and we know that's in, so I would be surprised if Ben's not at the top of the list in terms of CN characters who are likely to make it in, as long as we have more from that channel to be revealed. He was even in Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion, so we've sort of seen how Ben in a platform fighter works. I don't think he would play the same, but I can believe they may borrow a few ideas when it comes to playstyles.

Want: 35%
I've watched some of the first three series when I was younger, and I honestly thought it was pretty solid. I didn't love it as much as Megas XLR or Justice League, but I thought it was fun. I've basically respected anything the late, great Dwayne McDuffie has touched in terms of shows. That said, well...call it unrealistic expectations, but I can't imagine a universe where this character isn't going to be kind of wasted potential. Maybe this show has completely changed from what I remember as a kid, but the biggest appeal to the show were the ten characters he could switch to with their unique powers, and I think that's the biggest problem I have with this. The only way this character is going to feel correct to me is with a lot of work. I'm talking about "double to triple the amount of work Nintendo and Bandai Namco put into Pokemon Trainer in Super Smash Bros" level of work. From what I've seen, it doesn't seem like they can't nail down the ten playable alien gimmick in video games that only have him as the playable character, so I don't think he's going to get the attention he would deserve. Brawlhalla didn't even risk trying to make him a fully playable character and instead just made some skins for their existing characters. I'm sure it would be decent if they did it exactly like Pokemon Trainer and had just three of the most popular aliens, but then it just kind of just loses any sort of fun of me.

Nominations:
Zatanna x5
Fred Flintstone x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Mighty Morphin' Power Alien

If you ask me, Ben is a shoo-in. The series has been one of Cartoon Network's most successful IPs for over 15 years. Ben 10 even got a crossover with Brawlhalla! With such an endearing character that spawned many TV shows and movies, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the next Cartoon Network character announced, in fact I think he's their likeliest. He has the staying power, nostalgia, relevance, everything you could ask for in a candidate. Ben 10 is a cash cow, which no doubt will be enticing to Warner Bros.

Now I've seen a lot of questions regarding Ben's moveset and how it could work. If you want my opinion, I'd say Punch Time Explosion nailed Ben. In that game he turned into a different alien for each attack. While that's not something that Ben can do realistically, it made for a very fun moveset that utilized a good portion of Ben's alien arsenal. But if for some reason they have an issue with that, they could just go for the Pokemon Trainer treatment and give Ben 3 different aliens to choose from. It's also possible that they could just simply choose one alien, though I do agree that wouldn't be the best idea. But my point is that Ben 10 can work in a fighting game while remaining true to his name.

Want: 90%

I grew up with the original Ben 10 show as well as Alien Force. After that I fell out of the series but I thoroughly enjoyed what I watched. The aliens are super cool and I love what they did with them throughout the series. Like that one ghost alien that Ben was unable to control at first but eventually he managed to tame it. Then you have Four Arms, Humungosaur, Big Chill, Diamondhead, Heatblast, Cannonbolt, and more. They could certainly go wild with the moveset and with how popular Ben 10 is they may just go for it. If that's the case, then sign me up!

Noms:
Ed, Edd n Eddy x5
Doomsday x5

noms coming tomorrow

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)

Chance: 95%

Ben 10 is one of THE staple Cartoon Network franchises. It has stuck around on the network for almost two decades and even received a crossover in Brawlhalla and with other Cartoon Network IPs. DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 even put Ben 10 down on the top 10 most likely characters to join MultiVersus. Believe it or not, the Ben 10 franchise is the 69th highest grossing franchise in the world. He is definitely a shoo-in compared to other CN characters who just came and went. For Warner Bros, most of the older Cartoon Network properties are not treated with high severance and only a few are remembered. Ben 10 has stood the test of time. I feel coming up with a moveset for Ben may be tricky. But, based off of CN: Punch Time Explosion, the whole "alien for each attack" moveset idea could work potentially. An alternative idea could be where Ben plays like Pokémon Trainer and has a few aliens he can switch into. But, he's definitely going to join. I can guarantee it.

Want: 95%

I grew up watching the original Ben 10 series with my brother. I have a bit of a soft spot for wanting Ben 10 in MultiVersus. He has a ton of moveset potential and the theme song is catchy. I just hope the Ben 10 in MultiVersus is based off of the original Ben 10 and makes the other Ben 10 incarnations alternate skins. Also, I just think the complexity this character holds is something for the dev team to experiment with. Sign me up!

Nominations:
**** (Richard) Dastardly X5
The Grinch X5

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ben Tennyson

Chance
: 95%
I think there are some legitimate issues that need to be solved for Ben to be executed, such as his transformations and different forms but I don't think they are deal-breakers. He was in a platform fighting game before and this game's costume system can fit in most of his designs. His series is a cash cow for CN and there's a noticeable demand for him. I think he's much more likely to be in than most other characters from the same channel.

Want: 85%
As others said, my excitement for Ben is a little dependent on how developers would implement him but I like him well enough as a character, especially in the original series and Omniverse. It's true that some of the more interesting aliens would have to be left out but I still get a kick out of transformation characters. They can make him change into different aliens for different moves or make him a tag team fighter with, say 4 aliens and I'd be fine with both. Though, maybe give other WB subsidiaries a chance before doubling down on Cartoon Network, as much as I like it.

Nominations
: John Constantine x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
wait a second ben 10's surname is tennyson? and here was me thinking called an ice powered guy glacis was on the nose. abstain, noms to daffy

D

Deleted member

"It started when an alien device did what it did."

Chance - 98%

Yeah. This is absolutely happening at some point. Ben 10 is a franchise with a large fanbase, and one that Warner clearly still has interest in using, considering how often they reboot it. I feel both the popularty of the franchise and the creative potential of the moveset means that Ben will be a high priority for the game, even if he doesn't make base, he'll be an early DLC character I can bet on that. I'm not sure exactly which version they'll go for as I'm not quite sure what the current shape of the franchise is, though a part of me feels they may go original since this game seems to be backing on nostalgia.

Want - 60%

I used to watch the original version when I was a kid but it's been many years since I played any attention to the franchise. But I could see myself playing as Ben. A character who can transform into other characters sounds pretty fun.

Noms to Wonka

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Wiz and Boomstick
Chance: 20.45%
Want: 48%

Wiz and Boomstick are now the least likely character(s). And despite doing ok in terms of want, they are now the least wanted characters(s). Oof. Perhaps MultiVersus may not be the battle for them.

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74
Harvey Birdman x60

25-49
Eustace Bagge x45
Daffy Duck x45
**** Dastardly Richard x43
The Grinch x39
Quan-Chi x39
Mucha Lucha rep x36
Agent K x35
Zatanna x30
Willy Wonka x30
K.O x25
Ed, Edd n Eddy x25

1-24
Numbuh 1 x20
John Constantine x20
Michael J. Caboose x20
The Impractical Jokers x15
Citizen Kane x11
Pim and Charlie x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Rick Sanchez x10
Fred Flintstone x10
Doomsday x10
Harry Potter x10
Snow Miser x7
Audrey II x7
**** Grayson x6
Neo x5
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Dio Brando x5
Powerpuff Girls x5
Dexter x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Kuroyukihime x2
Jarro x1
Maxwell x1
Jackie Chan x1
Godzooky x1

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
"It's Hero Time!"

Ben 10 Chance: 75%

Ben 10 is one of Cartoon Network's most profitable and long-running series, so having Ben in would be perfect for Multiversus. His various aliens also make for infinite moveset potential, there's really no reason why Ben 10 shouldn't be in Multiversus.

Ben 10 Want: 100%
Ben 10 is a series that I watched a ton of when I was younger. How Ben would be introduced into the game would be important though. I would prefer him to be able to transform into different aliens ala Pokemon Trainer rather than have him only transforming to do certain attacks like Punch Time Explosion. However, I would be generally be really hyped to see Ben in the game as a playable character.

Noms: Grinch x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Mighty No. 10

Considering Ben 10 is one of CN's most acclaimed and beloved shows, and one of its most prolific franchises ever, it's probably a high priority for the network. So far we've got only stuff from modern CN shows but that well is running dry already. If they have to pick an older show, and I can't see why they'd stop adding CN reps before doing that, then Ben will be in.

The one issue I guess could get in Ben's way is moveset. His gimmick is that he can turn into 10(+) different aliens. How would that work? Do you make him Pokemon Trainer but with 10 transformations? That would be quite the workload. Do you keep it down to a smaller number - say, 3? If so, you risk excluding someone's favorite alien, and it would be pretty arbitrary and not as cool as the concept could be. Do you just make him transform for each attack? Then you're copying Punch-Time Explosion. And either way that's 11 models that need to be made. However since the intention for this game appears to be a Fortnite-style GaaS I can't see them having many qualms about workload (unlike Smash's limited resources, the idea is to work on it forever) so I'm sure they'll find a way that satisfies them.

Want:
If it's kid Ben then 100%. After the original show it all went downhill so I wouldn't want representation for any of those other shows.

Noms: Agent K

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ben 10

One of Cartoon Network's most popular series that they like to promote a lot. Keeps getting new shows and Punch Time Explosion XL had 4 characters from the series, the most of any other franchise in that game apart from Powerpuff Girls which had 5. I think this really shows how much CN prioritizes this series. Doesn't really have anything going against him and is just an all-round popular character.

I watched just about all of the original show plus a good chunk of Alien Force when I was a kid. I enjoyed them both so I'm down for either classic kid Ben or the older one from Alien Force getting in. Pass on all of the other versions.

I do hope that if he does get in, they go the Pokemon Trainer route and make at least some of his aliens unique. I know they can go the PTE route but I feel like Ben has a crazy amount of moveset potential to not go that route.

Nominations:
Numbuh 1 x5

KillerCage

Smash Master
Hey it's Ben 10, the kid that lost to Green Lantern!

Chance- 85%

It's hard to imagine Ben NOT being in MultiVerses! His franchise has been around 2006 and it's still going strong. Ben 10 kept Cartoon Network afloat during its dark days focusing on live action schlock. My one concern is that WB would want to focus on the recent hit cartoons (Adventure Time and Steven Universe) or the OG classics (Bugs Bunny and Scooby Doo.) Then again Ben can fill the gap in between those two extremes.

Want- 100%

I watched the original series back when it was running and saw the "Race against Time" special live. You can say I'm a casual fan of the franchise. Ben has a lot of potential for MultiVerses. Heck some of his aliens could be their own playable characters. If you exclude DC and Steven Universe, then Ben 10 would be our first Science Fiction based in MultiVerses. Ben was also in Death Battle (though that episode remains the most controversial one out of the show beating out Goku vs Superman.) If Ben did make it, I might rewatch the whole series in celebration.

My noms: Michael J. Caboose (Red vs Blue) x10

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Ben 10

Chance: 90%. Yeah, uh, I'm pretty sure Ben 10 is happening. One of Cartoon Network's biggest shows of its era and I don't really see much of a reason to skip it provided the game doesn't completely crash-and-burn at launch... I think there's a reasonable concern about how the roster thus far are all timeless or topical characters, but I still feel like Ben 10 is only a matter of time...

Biggest concern for me is moveset though and I could see that resulting in some sort of "Um, actually, Ben 10 isn't the name of a character in this game; they specifically added this transformation as a standalone character with more transformations coming later as their own character" scenario.

Want: Abstain. Definitely deserves to be in the game, but not someone I am deeply emotionally invested in.

Nominations: Harvey Birdman x5

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Bennyson Ten
I think Ben is pretty likely. Ben 10 is one of the biggest CN shows of all time. It's also the only CN series represented in Brawlhalla that isn't in this game yet. He also seems to be pretty highly requested, so I'm sure he'll show up eventually.
Want: 90%
I've never really watched that much Ben 10, but I know he's a cool dude and he would fit right in. Assuming the game is good, he'd definitely be very unique and fun to play as.

Noms: K.O. x5

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Abstain, mainly I just hear him being talked about so much (especially when I was in the Discord, heck he even invaded my friend group as Ben is always brought up few times we talk about MultiVersus) that I just don't want to talk about him any more. I would say he's a near lock (about 98% chance of happening imo), but I just don't have the mental energy to talk about him right now.

Noms to The Impractical Jokers.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Austin Powers.

Some songs to get into the laser shark mood:

In other news, there is a snowstorm heading towards my area, so there is a good chance that I will lose power for a couple days. So if I'm not online for sometime, that's why. I'll try to get calcs up later tonight.

D

Deleted member

Groovy Baby

Chance - 35%
Austin is probably not making base roster but I could see him as a potential DLC candidate. I don't think coming from an adult comedy would do his chances any harm, as while the films are very much not for kids, it's mostly innuendos, and we have a character from Game of Thrones In here. The one issue I can see is if the devs see him as particularly relevant, the last film was in 2002, and while there have long been roumors of a fourth film, nothing concrete has came from those talks so far. If Austin gets in It will be on the back of nostalgia, which can be a powerful weapon but will it be enough carry the international man of mystery to the Battlefield?

Want - 80%
I love stupid additions like this. I also think the Austin Powers films are genuinely a lot of fun, dispite some poorly aged jokes (and cameos from disgraced celebrities). You could probably make a really fun moveset for him based off of all the crazy situations he gets into.

Noms to Wonka

I leave you with this.

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm going to abstain from this one. I tried to watch the first movie, but I couldn't get into it. Even if I didn't abstain, I think Austin's chances are not good. Very few comedies age well from my experience. I remember Austin Powers being VERY raunchy and I'm not sure WB wants to deal with that kind of content.

My nominations: Michael J. Caboose (Red vs Blue) x5

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on both chance and want-
I barely remember anything about Austin Powers to say anything.

Noms
Mucha Lucha rep x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ben 10
Chance: 88.31%
Want: 78.64%

Not much to say except these scores are an indicator of the show's legacy.

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74
Harvey Birdman x65

25-49
The Grinch x49
**** Dastardly Richard x48
Eustace Bagge x45
Daffy Duck x45
Agent K x45
Quan-Chi x44
Mucha Lucha rep x41
Zatanna x35
Willy Wonka x35
Ed, Edd n Eddy x30
Michael J. Caboose x30
K.O x30
John Constantine x25
Numbuh 1 x25

1-24
The Impractical Jokers x20
Fred Flintstone x15
Doomsday x15
Citizen Kane x11
Pim and Charlie x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Rick Sanchez x10
Harry Potter x10
Snow Miser x7
Audrey II x7
**** Grayson x6
Neo x5
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Dio Brando x5
Powerpuff Girls x5
Dexter x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Kuroyukihime x2
Jarro x1
Maxwell x1
Jackie Chan x1
Godzooky x1

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Surprisingly, I’m gonna abstain from the Austin Powers rate their chance and rate their want. I don’t know much about the franchise besides the recent reference in Space Jam: A New Legacy. I don’t know much besides that.

Noms:
**** (Richard) Dastardly x3
The Grinch x2

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ah the only man from across the atlantic who can actually do a scottish accent

chances: 10% i dont fancy his odds. at best i think he could be a dark horse pick but even then im not so sure. i could be wrong but i dont think anyone bothers about his films anymore. i certainly recall a time when everyone would reference the films, in real life i mean, but it doesnt seem that way anymore. so unless hes sitting on top of some equivalent of the shaggy meme ive not heard of i dont think the chances are to high. still never say never i still see a faint chance.

want: 50% i could take him or leave him. although id certainly find him more fun to play as the many of the characters we have/are getting. plus itd be kinda nice to see him in the crossovers for once instead of the usual suspects. a comedic spy themed moveset would be pretty neat to have in the games as well. but i wouldnt be disappointed if hes left out.

any noms ive earned go to daffy

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yeah baby yeah

Chance: 35%
Austin Powers is, generally speaking, irrelevant. A James Bond parody that completely skewers the insanely ridiculous and sexually charged movies of Connery, Lazenby, and Moore, released when the Bond franchise itself was already grappling with those same issues and questions (with Dalton's dark and realistic take and Brosnan's reflections on 007's role post-Cold War). Craig's dour, self-serious Bond makes the zany Austin Powers nigh-unrecognizable as the same character. While there is an argument to be made that as long as Bond exists, there will be room for parody (and I believe that reboot Bond - perhaps as iconic and impactful as classic Bond - is ripe for parody), I don't know if that means Austin himself could come back. But there's interest from Mike Myers and the director, and in today's reboot friendly era, never say never.

Relevance aside, what Austin Powers is is quotable as hell. They're really funny movies, still hold up, and they're basically memes before memes. In that regard Austin might be appealing to the devs. If we do get more outside-the-box picks, some older characters whose sole promotional value is "and you can watch them only on HBO Max!", Austin seems like a good candidate all things considered. He has humor, he has the moveset potential, he was big in his heyday, could be doing a lot worse. But basically he's the kind of character that will only get in once and if the game's a big hit.

Want: 100%

Noms: Agent K

amageish

Smash Master
Austin Powers

Chance: 30%. So, thus far, we've seen two real types of characters revealed/leaked for Multiversus: ones who are old yet still relevant and ones who are modern and therefore still relevant. We haven't yet had a throwback without some sort of modern presence via spin-offs, reboots, sequels, and the general fate of continual franchising that befalls most IPs nowadays. Austin Powers... doesn't have that going for him.

That said, if there's one thing the IP cavalcade that is Fortnite has taught me, it's that there is some marketing advantages to trying to get the parents of children playing games on-board by targeting their nostalgia as well. So... Maybe there are strategic reasons to reminding us Austin Powers is owned by Warner Bros after all! And, hey, if we're ranking 90s comedy movies based on how poorly they aged, then Austin Powers has done surprisingly well relative to other comedies of its era! Heck, he's arguably aged better then some bond movies - he's a swinger, but he isn't trying to turn lesbians straight... 😬

Want: 80%. Yeah, that'd be fun! Lot of moveset potential and some fun banter possibilites. A Powers stage could have a great colourful vibe too.

Noms: Harvey Birdman - x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
All I want is to have sharks with ******* laser beams

Chance: 25%

Austin is in a decent spot. He is a James Bond spoof known for a comedic trilogy of films which were pretty big for their time. The films are quite raunchy but we have Game of Thrones so it shouldn't be an issue. Besides MultiVersus is apparently a T rated game so they could even get away with a few innuendos. The biggest concern with this guy is relevance: He hasn't gotten a film in two decades. But what certainly helps out is the memes, which has kept the films alive in the minds of internet users and considering the roster this game already has, they do matter. Ultimately it will come down to if the dev team will want some deep cuts and while there are plenty of areas to get deep cuts from, Austin fills his own niche which gives him a slight edge.

Want: 60%

Admittedly I've never seen the movies. As a James Bond fan and a fan of other raunchy comedies like Naked Gun, I owe it to myself to watch the trilogy eventually. But I'll give the guy a non-abstain score anyway since he's such a goofball and some of the memes are great.

Noms:
Ed, Edd n Eddy x5
Doomsday x5

Top Bottom