• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What daft choices? They did put the classic Joker in Injustice and Mortal Kombat so it wouldn't be any different with MultiVersus.
well I was thinking of those daft things I mentioned in my rating. And that wasn’t DC who put him in, it was neverrealm. Can we trust the people making these games?

D

Deleted member

well I was thinking of those daft things I mentioned in my rating. And that wasn’t DC who put him in, it was neverrealm. Can we trust the people making these games?
There's a picture of Joker in the Batcave stage and it's the animated series version so it's likely any version added would be based on that one.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Going to abstain...nothing against Joker but he feels like an inevitability (one I'd be happy to see, especially with the costumes). I just don't really have it in me to make a particularly exciting post about him.

Nominations: Austin Powers x5

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Joker

Chance - 99%
. Joker is one of Comic’s most greatest villains of all time. When you think who DC’s greatest villain is, Joker would probably mostly immediately appear in your head. Joker just prints money whenever he is on screen, just like at his own movie’s worldwide gross. It would honestly be insane to not have the Joker in Multiversus, complete looney (a very bad looney decision). Joker deserves to be in this game, what more is there to really say about it.

Want - 90%. Of course, I would want the Joker in this game. Joker has a wide variety of moveset potential. I would have rated him higher if it really didn’t seem like he would be in this game. I would be really disappointed if he somehow didn’t get in.

Noms: Eustace Bagge x5

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Godzilla, King of the Monsters, as a playable character. Yes you read that right.

Some songs to get into the mood to discuss our king.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Society (Slightly late Joker rating)
Chance: 100%
Joker is another character that I'm surprised hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm not sure if he be in at launch, but he's such a popular character that I know they'll decide to add him eventually.
Want: 99%
Joker is cool. He absolutely deserves to be in this game.

Noms: K.O. x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
godzilla: destroy all meme culture

chances: hard to say but ill go with 10%. even if WB owns the US rights to godzilla they certainly dont in japan which will no doubt cause some complications. assuming theyre planning an international release that is. so despite being a world wide icon of film i think therell likely be some probably that make him unlikely. of course i could be mistaken, after all godzilla does seem to get used in a number of things so im probably way off.

want: 75% oh go then. even though im only really familiar with the brodrick version and the related cartoon i still think itd be worth having. some of those characters itd be amazing to see fight godzilla. and for others it will seem perfectly ordinary, looking at you supes.

noms to daffy

KillerCage

Smash Master
AAAHHHH!
IT'S GODZILLA!!!!

Chance: 30%
Let's be clear here. Warner Brothers doesn't own Godzilla. They own the LICENSE to use Godzilla. Godzilla is actually owned by Toho. You would have to go through them if you want Big G in MultiVerses. Unfortunately there is also the "Godzilla is too big" argument. I hate to bring up this argument considering this was used against my most wanted Smash character Ridley until Ultimate, but Godzilla is a different case. Godzilla is a kaiju; he's supposed to be massive. Big G might work better as a boss, a stage hazard, or even an actual stage. Yes there is Reptar in Nickelodeon All-Star, but he was a fictional side character in the Rugrats cartoon and he could easily be just a guy in a costume where you can't make the same argument for Godzilla. Overall, I don't think Godzilla's chances of being playable are that good.

Want: 70%

I'm a casual fan of Godzilla having started with the 1998 film which I have a soft spot for. I also enjoyed the animated series based on that film and Legendary's Monsterverse series with Godzilla: King of Monsters being my favorite. Despite his actual chances, it would be neat to see Godzilla duke it out with Superman and Gandalf. He is a classic movie monster after all!

Nominations: Wiz and Boomstick (Death Battle) x10

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Godzilla aka Mr. Kaiju himself

Chance: 55%

This is me being a bit of a generous person but Godzilla is one of the most iconic movie monsters ever. He literally is one of the main figures of the tokusatsu genre of movies and crossed over with another big monster owned by Warner Bros being King Kong. Too has given Warner Bros permission to make Godzilla movies an umpteen amount of times. On the other side of the coin though, Toho may not be as friendly with the MultiVersus dev team and not give them the rights to use him. There's also the fact that he's "too big" being a debate right now within the MultiVersus speculation community and the fact that it may botch his character given he is basically a mega monster himself.

Want: 90%
I love toku and I love Godzilla. I really wanna see him duke it out with Superman, King Kong or even one of the characters from Rampage. However, I'm afraid him being scaled down might botch his overall portrayal in the game. Hopefully, with the right resources, Godzilla can be portrayed faithfully. Even if he is just a boss, stage hazard, etc., I would be fine as long as Godzilla feels like Godzilla.

Noms:
**** (Richard) Dastardly x5
The Grinch x5

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Chance: 10% (90% if King Kong gets in early and they are able to address the size problem)

Yeah let's just get it out of the way, he's too big. Even Ridley could make sense to be shrunken, as to what I remember they do have fluctuating sizes through the series and were only double the size of Smash fighter (I think, bad at numbers and remembering height). Godzilla is in the hundreds of feets, the shortest he's even been was 50M (164 ft) tall, and that's about 2/3 of a Smash Stage :4dk:. I also don't think this should be taken lightly, one of Godzilla's defining traits is his height, first thing I think of when hearing him is "Giant." He's a kaiju, which definition can be simplified as "Giant Monster." If you take away his height, he's just an Edgy Barney the Dinosaur.

This doesn't mean it can't be done, however I think it'd take a while to figure out and if that does happen I think it could be late into the game's life cycle and they would've prioritized King Kong as one of the final characters. Alternatively they could just not care and shrink him down without thought, but I personally would like to think the devs wouldn't be lazy like that and they don't seem to be right now.

Also saying it now, I know Toho owns Godzilla but I personally don't find it an issue, it's like worrying about Sonic's chances for a future Smash game because he's from SEGA, I'm more concerned on how Sonic can fit into the game without being able to immediately obliterate the cast due to his overwhelming speed.

Want: 60%

He's a character I want for the people, but not for myself. I personally was never that interested.

Noms: Gumball x10

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Let Them Fight

Godzilla Chance: 40%

Godzilla is without a doubt one of the most recognizable characters in fiction. He's got a long-lasting legacy, an immense fanbase, and more star power than most other characters being discussed. However, there are two massive roadblocks keeping the big G out of multiversus. The first is well... the fact that he's massive. This kaiju's height has varied over the years, but he has always been colossal, much bigger than anything possible for multiversus. They could shrink him for the purpose of the game, but being gigantic is one of Godzilla's key characteristics. Another big hurdle for the king of the monsters to face is licensing rights. Toho owns the character and only lent them out to WB to produce the movies, so the legality of him being able to appear in a crossover fighting game is really up to how much Toho wants to play ball.

Godzilla Want: 100%
I would honestly rate my want score higher if I could. I have been a Godzilla fan since before I could walk. I've grown up watching all of the movies many times over, played a ton of Godzilla video games, and was surrounded by Godzilla toys and figures growing up. Even now as I write this, I'm wearing a graphic t-shirt that has the Heisei Era Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah poster on the front. If Godzilla was in as a stage or a character, I would absolutely be elated to see him represented.

Noms: Ben 10 x10

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Godzilla

Chance- 20%
I think Godzilla being owned by Toho might complicated on making him appear in Multiversus due to copyright and Toho may not be willing to make him appear. I wouldn't count out the chances Toho would be okay with Godzilla appearing though.

Want- 60%
He would be an interesting choice and would have cool options. Although I would be kind of upset if Multiversus made him not Godzilla like though.

Noms
Mucha Lucha rep-x5

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Godzilla

Chance - 50%
. Compared to Freddy’s right issues, Godzilla’s right issues are even crazier. Legendary’s iteration of Godzilla is shared by both Legendary and Toho. I wouldn’t think it would be too hard to get Legendary’s approval, but we don’t officially know how much Toho has in decisions like this. Most of the games this Godzilla have been in mostly involve around Toho’s game studio or their own partners, along with a small amount of games by Legendary themselves. If I had to guess, I would say Toho is probably more picky and hands on with what Godzilla can do. Just remember the first US movie that Toho gave full control to a studio. Looking at Japanese studios and their specific rules with properties (ex. Mario, Sonic, anything property involving Square Enix). I don’t think Toho would like the idea of Godzilla being shrunk down or getting beat by many of Warner Bros own properties. I don’t feel like whatever rating anyone gives Godzilla, especially my own, would be fully accurate. I do think Godzilla has a better shot than Freddy Kruger over licensing.

Want - 50%. I absolutely LOVE Godzilla! I grew up watching many different Godzilla movies from Toho in the past. The pipe work Godzilla games were some of the first fighting games I ever played. The reason why I put Godzilla at 50% is due to Legendary’s iteration. I love Legendary’s MonsterVerse films, I remember how excited I got waiting each day for the 2014 Godzilla movie. My love for Legendary’s Godzilla is still strong, but seeing that version of Godzilla in Multiversus would either be good or bad. It would be very hard not to make that Godzilla weird. I could see Toho’s iterations of Godzilla working, because they are just guys in suits. Just looking at Legendary’s version, there is definitely no guy in a suit, but more like a fat mutated alligator. I love Legendary’s design, but it would take a lot of work to make their Godzilla look right. Maybe if there was a proper fan mock up, I might change my mind, but I don’t see how they could properly do it.

Noms: Eustace Bagge x10

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Go go Godzilla!

It's been really difficult to pinpoint Gojira's chances. Let's start with the size issue. It's certainly possible that they could make him human-sized but being known for having a large size doesn't help. Yes we've been over this with Ridley but the difference is that Ridley was human-sized in the original Metroid which is a canonical appearance. It would certainly be weird to see Godzilla shrunken down so much but to be fair Godzilla has a lot going for him. He is a pop culture icon, popular in both sides of the globe, and has a very dedicated fanbase. Warner Bros' connection with the series as a distributor for the Monsterverse is noteworthy, considering that the films have done relatively well and assuming they update the contract with Toho for there to be more American films, Godzilla would certainly be on their mind.

In terms of Toho themselves, I haven't heard of them being particularly stingy with the Monsterverse contract or anything. My only concern is that Criterion did state that Toho limited them in some ways when they released that big Showa boxset, but that could very well be an outlier situation. Other Godzilla films like Godzilla 1984 received pretty good quality releases and besides that situation is different from licensing Godzilla for a video game. Ultimately we wouldn't know for sure but knowing Toho I will be optimistic and say that they'll lean towards yes. They certainly have shown more interest in the western market and they know Godzilla is popular over here. For a very long time it was challenging for western people to get their hands on Godzilla merchandise. Heck, it took Toho 50 years to release the Japanese cut of the original Godzilla film in the US. But ever since the 2000s it seems like Toho has lightened up and have been more cooperative with other companies.

So overall, Godzilla does have a fair chance. I'm just stuck on the size issue, plus Warner Bros is heavily connected to King Kong too, who tends to be more popular with western audiences.

Want: 100%

I've gone back and forth on this for a while now. It's weird for me to imagine Godzilla as human-sized but over time I've warmed up to the idea. And honestly if they do make him playable, I'm down for it. Because I love Godzilla.

Let me share my history with the king of the monsters. I did watch Zilla's film and Godzilla 2000 when I was like 7 but I couldn't get into them at the time. That was the case until I was around 10 years old and I discovered Cinemassacre. I love James Rolfe's content and his movie reviews. I eventually stumbled upon his Godzillathon and ended up watching the whole thing. That was when I got curious and decided to watch some of the films, starting with the original. That was when I was hooked. I remembered saying to myself that I wanted to become a Godzilla fan, and so I did. I watched all the films and became obsessed. I even got my classmates into the series and one time when we were allowed to choose a music video for science class, I put on Godzilla's theme and my science teacher was awesome enough to adopt it.

I remembered being so hyped for Godzilla 2014. I had only been a fan for a couple years at that point and just watched all the movies, but I didn't care, I wanted more. I wanted to see what a big budget modern Godzilla film could look like and man was I pumped. I finally got to see my first Godzilla film in theaters and it didn't disappoint. During this time I was also collecting a lot of figurines and had a bunch of Godzilla posters hanging up on my wall. I also grew up with Godzilla Save the Earth (Even before I became a Godzilla fan) and Godzilla Unleashed. Over time I did lose some passion as I moved onto other things. But several years ago I got into collecting blu-rays of films I cared about, and I eventually hunted down the dvds and blu-rays of all the Godzilla films. It was a pain with all the different distributors and several of the films were out of print at that point but it was worth it and yes I did get the Criterion Collection set as well when that released. This is what got me back into Godzilla again and watching these films as an adult makes me appreciate them more.

Sometimes I do wonder to myself, what made me fall in love with this franchise? I can't say for sure, but I think it has to do with multiple factors. For one, the kaiju themselves are very cool. Gigan, Megalon, Biollante, Destroyah, King Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, etc. They all have great designs and bring a lot to the universe. The films also have that cheesy charm to them. They are the kind of films that I can relax to on a quiet evening. Seeing people dress in suits fighting each other and blowing up **** never gets old and I dig every moment of it. In terms of the newer films, they have top notch special effects and I love how much they respect Godzilla with making him a force of nature.

For the longest time I've been a sucker for kaiju films and I'm pretty sure Godzilla has something to do with it. I think these movies have really influenced my film tastes and contributed to my love of movies, after all the original Godzilla is my top favorite film. I love this series because of the sheer variety of genres and ideas captured, the music, the fights, it all lends together to create a formula of pure charm. I'm almost 22 now, 12 years of fanboying over a radioactive dinosaur and my passion is as strong as ever.

Noms: Popeye x10

Calcs coming tomorrow

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Let them fight

Godzilla is owned by Toho, and Legendary Pictures have the rights to make the American Godzilla movies. What WB has is simply a first-look distribution deal with Legendary (one that the pandemic left in a precarious situation since Legendary were pissed when WB sent their movies to HBO Max; they even sued). So we have a WB that's two degrees removed from the IP. While still a character you could reasonably associate with WB, especially in his modern, blockbuster form, Godzilla is more of a free agent. You can find old movies on Netflix and stuff, it's likely that no one will ever have complete control over the entire Godzilla library, so that might make him less attractive to include for WB. And licensing might be difficult, especially for a new and unproven team.

There's also the issue of size. I'm not about to say it's impossible, just that I lack the imagination to imagine a Shaggy-sized Godzilla. Tbf it's pretty early in Multiversus' lifespan and the rules are still in the making so it wouldn't be that surprising to see a Tatsunoko-style "big character" ruleset, especially in a game geared towards doubles.

However if and when Kong is added the need for Godzilla will increase exponentially. That's just biology.

He's also in Space Jam 2 so that adds 10%

Big Godzilla fan here (kind of a noob though, I'm only up to Godzilla vs. Gigan plus some newer movies). Would love to see the big G included provided they respect the source material and make him as imposing as he needs to feel. Plus with the way this games tackling cosmetics it would be extremely cool to see the different incarnations represented: Showa Godzilla, Shin Godzilla, MonsterVerse Godzilla, hell, give me thicc Singular Point Godzilla please.

Noms: Paul Atreides x10

D

Deleted member

"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound!"

Noms - 50%
There is one glaring issue here. And that Is that Warner Brothers don't own the big G. Toho own the character and his universe and Legendary pictures own the rights to make American Godzilla films in their monsterverse. Warner simply own some distribution rights to the films. This means that he's probably farily down the list of characters that could be added. But. The devs have teased that characters that aren't 100 percent Warner owned aren't out of the running. And I do think if they start dipping into that well that Godzilla will be one of the first characters they look at. If they go to a Japanese company to get a character I personally feel he's more likely than a lot of the anime characters who I have seen mentioned. I also don't actually think the size will be an issue. I feel if they really want to make him work they'll find a way. I also think we may get King Kong first

Want - 100%
I've been a big Godzilla fan for a long time, due to a love of Kaiju and Giant Robots. I love the big dumb lizard and I think, although he'd have to be sized down, you could do something fun with him. Plus he has a lot of alt costume potential

Noms to Eric Andre

Last edited by a moderator:

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Big Lizard

Chance - 60%

I'm gonna argue a bit higher than the majority of people here are saying for two major reasons. First off, while I understand Toho and Legendary need to give the thumbs-up, and WB and legendary aren't on amazing terms, but I think they'll easily come back together if they think there's money they can get through it. Companies are recognizing there's a huge market for Godzilla AND Platform fighters in the west and unless Legendary or Toho are willing to cough up enough money to make that happen (I certainly wouldn't complain, but it would probably have a bigger budget than they're looking to spend), this would probably be their best shot. If it does come down to money, and Toho asked for an unreasonable amount of money, I think it's more likely Warner Bros. would do the Nintendo tactic where they just don't have him in base, but include him as one of the big adds to the game down the line as DLC.

Secondly, I think scaling matters somewhat, but I honestly don't think people would care as long as kaijus like Godzilla and King Kong are among the tallest in the game. It's clear that this isn't trying to emulate these characters in a way that would represent them in their most classic form, or else we wouldn't have god Shaggy in the game. This is more of a fun 'anything can happen' brawler where it stays true to the characters and their respective shows, but doesn't mind tweaking them to make their game happen.

Maybe I'm convincing myself because I'm a fan of Godzilla, but I don't think this is as hard to accept as everyone else does, but I think fan requests would have to be huge for the lean, green machine for this to happen. All I can say is he has my vote.

Want - 100%
I LOVE tokusatsu, and especially Godzilla. I actually collect his merchandise, so you know where I stand on Godzilla in a (hopefully) good game. If he gets in, I really hope they give him like a stage based on a city where everyone else is kaiju-sized. I think it would be a clever way to still have BIG Godzilla, even if they had to shrink him down for this. I know, if I was the creators, I would just have an absolute blast making the moveset, too. If I was them, I would focus all the moves on his most iconic attacks like the atomic breath and the tail whip, and then find a way to have animations that would make everyone from diehard fans to people who've only seen gifs of the movie happy. Stuff like Godzilla doing the tail dropkick from Godzilla vs. Megalon or Godzilla using his atomic breath to fly like in Godzilla vs. Hedorah. You can even do costumes to turn him into classic or Mechagodzilla. If anybody on this team loves Godzilla enough to make sure he's done properly, I really think people would call him one of the best characters in the game.

Nominations: Zatanna x10

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Godzilla
Chance:
40%
I understand everyone's concerns with the Godzilla license, especially following the Legendary lawsuit. I get that. But at the same time, WB has been tied to Godzilla more often than not. I don't think a huge company could have trouble reaching out to Toho if given the chance to put one of the most famous movie monsters ever in their fighting game. That said, I do think it would be a very tricky negotiation, and I have to wonder if King Kong would come first...still, it's fairly easy for me to see as plausible, but I'm keeping my chance score low for safety. That said, hey, he was in Space Jam 2 and this whole thing is just a reference to that, and Godzilla vs. Kong was a big reason people subbed to HBO Max when it first started. Not to be cynical about it, but yeah. This is at the end of the day an IP-advertising game for better or for worse.

I wish I could make this even higher. One of my most-wanted easily. My partner is the huge Godzilla fan, but through them I've learned to love kaiju films as well, and I even used to watch the old Hanna-Barbera cartoon as a kid (And Godzookey!). Godzilla: King Of The Monsters was a great time, and seeing it in an empty theater with just them around so we could nerd out over all the kaiju was so fun. And Godzilla vs. Kong was one of my favorite movies of last year! Godzilla himself has been monster, hero, terror, and legend all in one, and with all the different interpretations of the character you know his costumes would be off the charts. As long as they make him a big ol' chunky boy that hits HARD, I don't mind them shrinking him down a bit, and you never know - the devs might even figure out how to adapt a large-size character in a sensible way. It's been done before in other fighting games, so why not?

His personality, his moveset, his presence...all of these things could combine to make Godzilla a wonderful addition to the roster. Plus the crossover aspect? Too good.

Nominations: Austin Powers x10

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Big G

Chance: 50%

It can really go either way here. Toho are the main IP holder and they can be very protective, but WB would need a disaster of the '98 American film proportions to really mess up relations with them after 3 Godzilla films they've been very happy with. I don't think size matters at all, Toho are fine with Godzilla doing all sorts of weird things in adverts and the like:

He's also just a guy in a suit outside of a select few films so he inherently works well with human proportions in mind. Toho are really the only important factor here, but I can see them playing ball.

I don't think there's enough words to say how much I'd love to see Godzilla in this game, he's right near the tippy top of my most wanteds with very few beating him out. I just hope they let him do some of the really goofy stuff from the older films like the gravity defying drop kick or the atomic breath flight.

Noms:
All on Quan-Chi

osby

Smash Obsessed
Godzilla

Chance
: 55%
WB has used him a significant amount in the past, rights issues and all. Not a guarantee by any means and I find King Kong likelier but I think there's a good chance we'll see Godzilla in the game in some shape or form. He's too big (pun unintended) to disclude completely and I don't think his size would hold him back necessarily. Overall, could go either way, with odds being slightly in his favor.

Want: 95%
I don't have any strong feelings about Godzilla movies but how can you not want him in a fighting game? (Probably by not being into giant lizards, which I get.) He'd be so fun to have a strong tank character and the archetypical kaiju with a breath beam. I'm all for his inclusion, especially if he comes with a stage where all fighters are giant-sized.

Nominations: John Constantine x5

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Godzilla.

Chance:
60%.
I feel like Godzilla would be an obvious choice on first principle, and I can picture the discussion in the meeting where he's posed going something like:

"How about Godzilla? He's really popular with international audiences, and has tons of moveset potential."
"Hell yeah, that sounds like a great idea!"
"We don't own the full rights to Godzilla, but I'm sure Toho would probably let us use him if we were to discuss it."
"...isn't he too big, though?"

Unlike the memes associated with Ridley being too big, Godzilla differs in that his size is a defining aspect of, well, Godzilla. Whilst Ridley can be changed around to fit his other appearances (most notably his classic appearance in the original Metroid,) Godzilla is the kaiju - having him be the same size as the rest of the cast would tear apart what he, well, is. Whilst I think it could be possible for him to be made to "feel" bigger, like how Ridley leaned into the fear aspect of his design - and from what I can tell, the MultiVersus team seem dedicated to their movesets - I feel like he'd work better as a stage hazard or boss, compared to (for instance) King Kong, who I can picture being scaled down a little more when you look at certain shots from the 30's movie.

On the other hand, I don't think that the rights issues would destroy his chances. If the MV team managed to make a moveset, I don't see it as likely that Toho would just turn it down - at most, they'd make requests or demands about certain aspects of representation, but Godzilla is a big thing for them, so I (personally) see it as mutually beneficial. After all, they have some truly bizarre crossovers with him already - a fighting game just seems pretty reasonable.

Even so, the score here isn't higher simply because of the number of individual issues to work out. Licensing brings it down a notch, but gameplay most of all. He's not an unlikely pick, in fact I'd say he's almost obvious, but he feels almost uncomfortably close to the Ridley situation pre-Ultimate, without the redeeming factors that lead to the space pirate's inclusion.

Want: 70%.

Whilst I don't have much of a personal connection to Godzilla or the Godzilla lore (I'm aware there's a lot of it, though,) I feel like the moveset of a slow, incredibly heavy bruiser would be fun to see - just like how someone like Bowser is pretty fun to mess around with from time to time - and a true heavyweight is somewhat missing from the current roster, so it'd balance it out a little more. In fact, if they could manage to make a way to make him feel like the kaiju he is whilst not making him four times larger than the screen, I'd adore seeing how they'd handle it... but a small part of me feels it's unlikely, and if he did get in, I'd probably react with an "Oh, neat - Godzilla's in!..." and little else.

All noms to Eric Andre! He seems like a popular pick right now >:)

osby

Smash Obsessed
On the topic of Godzilla's height, I just want to point out that we have Shaggy in this game fighting with basically a meme.

Making a character smaller than his usual size isn't that big of a stretch compared to that.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Joker
Chance: 97.28%
Want: 76.06%

Joker tricks Scorpion in order to become the most likely character with an almost 10% lead.

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74
Popeye x50

25-49
Ben 10 x45
Wiz and Boomstick x43
Austin Powers x35
Paul Atreides x30
Quan-Chi x30
Harvey Birdman x30
Gumball x30
Concept: Characters with no strong Warner Bros connection x29
Eric Andre x25
Daffy Duck x25
Eustace Bagge x25

1-24
**** Dastardly Richard x23
Willy Wonka x20
Numbuh 1 x20
K.O x20
The Grinch x19
Mucha Lucha rep x17
John Constantine x15
Agent K x15
Zatanna x15
Citizen Kane x11
John Stewart x10
Ed, Edd, n Eddy x10
Rosie The Robot x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
**** Grayson x6
Neo x5
Static x5
Rick Sanchez x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Fred Flintstone x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Dio Brando x4
Shana x2
Snow Miser x2
Kuroyukihime x2
Jarro x1
Maxwell x1
Jackie Chan x1
Godzooky x1

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Tony Soprano from The Sopranos.

Some songs to get into the mafia mood:

Please keep in mind that this is the last day of the week. Meaning that after this day is over, the top 7 on the noms list will be locked in. So make sure you put your noms to good use today.

amageish

Smash Master
Whoops, uh, let me quickly use that one-hour grace period thing...

Godzilla

Chance: 60%. I'm a little bit torn on him. He makes complete sense for the roster and is no stranger to crossovers, but they'd also need to secure the rights and there have been on-and-off rumours about a kaiju fighting game for the last, like, 3 years, which could potentially make the rights harder to secure (if that rumour ever amounts to anything). That said, if they get over that hurdle, he fits the tone perfectly.

Want: 90%. I would enjoy this outcome a lot. While a big reptile heavy isn't a super unique pitch for a platform fighter, it'd still be exciting to see the ORIGINAL big reptile in Multiversus...

Nominations: Harvey Birdman x5

D

Deleted member

"Those who want respect, give respect." .
Chance - 25% -
Its a weird one. I do think there's a chance. There is some worriy that WB may feel the Sopranos is too adult for this game, yes, we already have a HBO show represented in Game of Thrones, but dispite having large amounts of swearing and graphic content, the fantasy setting of GOT may help it a bit, while the Sopranos is set in the real world and deals with pretty big themes. He's also kind of just a guy. But Tony does have both fan popularity and meme value going for him. I could see the pure bizzarness of him being in being appealing to developers. There is also something else that needs to be addresed, and that is that the actor who portrayed Tony, James Gandolfini, unfortunately passed away in 2013. But considering that his son Micheal portrayed the character in the recent prequel film (with roumors of a possible prequel seires) and they still use him in promotional content for HBO Max, I don't think this would be a big issue. Currently I don't think it's impossible but I don't see it as likely.

Want - 100% -

I love the Sopranos. Although a reprehensible human being, Tony is a great character. There's something about the idea of playing as this big balding gangster in a game that lets him fight Batman and Tom and Jerry that is just so funny. I adore weird character picks in games like this.

Noms to Pim and Charlie (Smiling Friends)

Last edited by a moderator:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Abstain on both, I know literally nothing about The Sopranos and I'm not even going to try to pretend like I do.

Noms: Gumball x5

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Tony Soprano... I got nothing.

Because I have never seen "The Sopranos," I have abstain on both a chance score and want score.

Noms: Wiz and Boomstick (Death Battle) x5

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Tony Soprano (The Sopranos)

Chance: 55%

I know this is being a little bit unrealistic but Tony Soprano is one of the unofficial mascots of HBO in my opinion. The Sopranos is a super well-known IP and Tony Soprano is an iconic character. I have not watched much of the series but given the recent movie that came out being The Saints of Newark, Warner Bros has not forgotten about the brand. But, we still need more info regarding MultiVersus and who the game is aimed towards. We have Arya Stark in the game so why not add the Gabagool himself for more HBO reps? DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 has talked about Tony himself in the recent article regarding 10 likely characters to join MultiVersus. Dangan hit on really good points for the hard working Italian himself.

Want: 85%
For the love of gabagool, I want Tony. I am Italian-American and from New Jersey myself. My father loves The Sopranos and I think it would be funny to see Tony Soprano fight against Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry and the liking. I have not watched the whole series of The Sopranos. But, given it being a big series on HBO, I definitely want something for the series in MultiVersus. Tony is the perfect way to incorporate some Sopranos representation.

Nominations:
**** Dastardly X5
The Grinch X5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Godzilla
Chance: 40.63%
Want: 85%

Godzilla has triumphed over Ruby Rose to become the most wanted character! Long live the king!

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74
Popeye x60
Ben 10 x55
Wiz and Boomstick x53

25-49
Austin Powers x45
Eric Andre x45
Gumball x40
Paul Atreides x40
Eustace Bagge x35
Quan-Chi x35
Harvey Birdman x35
Daffy Duck x30
Concept: Characters with no strong Warner Bros connection x29
**** Dastardly Richard x28
Zatanna x25
K.O x25

1-24
The Grinch x24
Mucha Lucha rep x22
Willy Wonka x20
Numbuh 1 x20
John Constantine x20
Agent K x15
Citizen Kane x11
John Stewart x10
Ed, Edd, n Eddy x10
Rosie The Robot x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
**** Grayson x6
Neo x5
Static x5
Rick Sanchez x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Fred Flintstone x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Dio Brando x4
Shana x2
Snow Miser x2
Kuroyukihime x2
Jarro x1
Maxwell x1
Jackie Chan x1
Godzooky x1

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
Expect: Abstain. I haven't actually watched The Sopranos. 😓 I don't think I can put good enough reasoning as to why I would or would not appear. However...

Want: 75%. I'm always up for unexpected style characters. I mean, from what we already have in the base roster, we can have classic cartoon characters fight against Arya Stark of all people. Putting in someone like Tony is a great way to show how vast Warner's library is.

Noms: Snow Miser x5

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Chance - Abstain. I have never watched The Sopranos, but I have heard good things about the show. I also don’t know a lot about Tony Soprano to rate his chances.

Want - Abstain. Like I mentioned above, I haven’t watched the series or know about Tony Soprano. I do know that the series has a lot of fans. I do wish good luck for all the Tony Soprano supporters out there.

Noms: Eustace Bagge x5

Top Bottom