• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Jessica Cruz from the DC Comics, as well as Knight & Ostrich from Joust.

Some videos to get into the green lantern mood:

And here are some videos to get into the retro jousting mood:

amageish

Smash Master
Jessica Cruz

Chance: 85%. Jessica Cruz is one of Green Lantern Corps from DC Comics, an intergalactic organization full of people powered by sheer willpower. The different sources for their powers vary from person to person, but in the case of Jessica it comes from checks notes her will to continue living after witnessing the horrific murder of all of her friends in front of her. Yeah, uh, not the happiest life for Jessica... In fact, she didn't even want to be a Green Lantern at first; the role was more or less thrust onto her...

Despite not having been datamined in the game, it is worth noting that a Green Lantern power core has already appeared in the game's first CG trailer, which seems to be an intentional tease towards the character(s).

1656111881291.png

It's cool to see cameos in advertising like this!

Now, while this means a Green Lantern is all-but-confirmed to eventually happen in my opinion, the problem with this is that the Lantern Corps has... a very large amount of Green Lanterns. We got Hal Jordan, who is the most famous version of the character and also the lead in the infamous Green Lantern movie, but there's plenty of other options... The upcoming HBO Max series Green Lantern is set to feature Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, and, frankly, probably more of them... So the question is... Which one are we getting?

The power of will turns out to be... pretty darn powerful.

Well, Jessica Cruz has a lot of things going for her on her own! She's one of the leads of DC Super Hero Girls, where she's a lot less traumatized and a little bit less straight. She's a lead one of the animated Justice League movies, which generally adapts the core beats of her comic book origin. She's also going to be the Green Lantern of the upcoming film DC League of Super-Pets, where Ch'p (a squirrel Green Lantern from the comic) will be reimagined as her pet. Like a couple other characters we've discussed already, she was playable in the mobile game version of Injustice, a game that definitely exists, and she's playable in the published-by-Nintendo game DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power, which means she is technically eligible for Smash Bros (this is a joke please do not get mad at me).

She's also in the LEGO games and everything you'd expect; I just decided to list the more interesting ones...

However, my main question about Green Lantern is... Why pick just one? There's tonnes of Green Lanterns with their own fanbases. Multiversus has a "Variant" system where there's plenty of alternate skins based on entirely different characters with unique VO and all - basically echo fighters, but under a different name. I don't see a reason they wouldn't just include a multitude of lantern corp members as variants, even if it takes a little while to collect all of the notable members...

In terms of crossover history, Green Lanterns in general have had... a lot of weird crossovers, frankly, but Jessica's most notable outing is being the Green Lantern chosen to rep the corps in the RWBY crossover comic. Otherwise, DC Super Hero Girls itself has crossed over with Teen Titans Go! several times, most recently being in the form of a movie (kind of, the movie is like 95% DC Super Hero Girls and is pretty transparently an effort to get more people to watch the show).

There's also another KFC crossover comic; I just couldn't fit it in this post without reaching another line... IDK why DC is so close to KFC...

Overall, yeah, I'm very confident in a Green Lantern getting into Multiversus eventually and I'm pretty confident Jessica will be one of the Green Lantern variants, even if she isn't the first one chosen for the job.

Want: 98%. I really like Jessica! The emotion-controlled powers of the lantern corps has a lot of interesting storytelling potential and I think Jessica's will coming from a place of guilt is an interesting twist on the formula, even if it also seems like being a Green Lantern has "someone you know gets brutally murdered" as a prerequisite sometimes - and, heck, Jessica herself has been brutally murdered multiple times (don't worry; she got better)... I also quite like the DC Super Hero Girls incarnation of her as a more laid-back activist... The moveset potential of a Green Lantern in Multiversus almost goes without saying and Jessica would likely be my go-to version of the character if she got included.

Joust

Chance and Want: Abstain. I have some thoughts, but don't know how to put a number to them.

Joust is a classic arcade game. Functionally similar to the Nintendo classic Balloon Fight, Joust is a game about poking your foes with your spear.... like... y'know... jousting... It's a solid arcade title and a total classic.

This is a game I love to play whenever I go to an arcade... It is truly a classic.

In terms of Multiversus though? It doesn't... have that much to offer, at least in my mind? That said, I could see it getting a Game-and-Watch-style or Duck-Hunt-Trio-style character where you include Joust among other Midway Arcade classics.

For crossover history, Joust has appeared in... most of the places you'd expect a Midway Arcade game to appear (such as LEGO Dimensions) as well as cameoing in Mortal Kombat and having a role in the Adam Sandler film Pixels - alongside the aforementioned Duck Hunt Dog.

I have not seen Pixels... I do not plan on changing that anytime soon.

Nominations: All on Princess Bubblegum

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Jessica Cruz

Chance: 85%. Jessica Cruz is one of Green Lantern Corps from DC Comics, an intergalactic organization full of people powered by sheer willpower. The different sources for their powers vary from person to person, but in the case of Jessica it comes from checks notes her will to continue living after witnessing the horrific murder of all of her friends in front of her. Yeah, uh, not the happiest life for Jessica... In fact, she didn't even want to be a Green Lantern at first; the role was more or less thrust onto her...

Despite not having been datamined in the game, it is worth noting that a Green Lantern power core has already appeared in the game's first CG trailer, which seems to be an intentional tease towards the character(s).

View attachment 355365
It's cool to see cameos in advertising like this!

Now, while this means a Green Lantern is all-but-confirmed to eventually happen in my opinion, the problem with this is that the Lantern Corps has... a very large amount of Green Lanterns. We got Hal Jordan, who is the most famous version of the character and also the lead in the infamous Green Lantern movie, but there's plenty of other options... The upcoming HBO Max series Green Lantern is set to feature Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, and, frankly, probably more of them... So the question is... Which one are we getting?

The power of will turns out to be... pretty darn powerful.

Well, Jessica Cruz has a lot of things going for her on her own! She's one of the leads of DC Super Hero Girls, where she's a lot less traumatized and a little bit less straight. She's a lead one of the animated Justice League movies, which generally adapts the core beats of her comic book origin. She's also going to be the Green Lantern of the upcoming film DC League of Super-Pets, where Ch'p (a squirrel Green Lantern from the comic) will be reimagined as her pet. Like a couple other characters we've discussed already, she was playable in the mobile game version of Injustice, a game that definitely exists, and she's playable in the published-by-Nintendo game DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power, which means she is technically eligible for Smash Bros (this is a joke please do not get mad at me).

She's also in the LEGO games and everything you'd expect; I just decided to list the more interesting ones...

However, my main question about Green Lantern is... Why pick just one? There's tonnes of Green Lanterns with their own fanbases. Multiversus has a "Variant" system where there's plenty of alternate skins based on entirely different characters with unique VO and all - basically echo fighters, but under a different name. I don't see a reason they wouldn't just include a multitude of lantern corp members as variants, even if it takes a little while to collect all of the notable members...

In terms of crossover history, Green Lanterns in general have had... a lot of weird crossovers, frankly, but Jessica's most notable outing is being the Green Lantern chosen to rep the corps in the RWBY crossover comic. Otherwise, DC Super Hero Girls itself has crossed over with Teen Titans Go! several times, most recently being in the form of a movie (kind of, the movie is like 95% DC Super Hero Girls and is pretty transparently an effort to get more people to watch the show).

There's also another KFC crossover comic; I just couldn't fit it in this post without reaching another line... IDK why DC is so close to KFC...

Overall, yeah, I'm very confident in a Green Lantern getting into Multiversus eventually and I'm pretty confident Jessica will be one of the Green Lantern variants, even if she isn't the first one chosen for the job.

Want: 98%. I really like Jessica! The emotion-controlled powers of the lantern corps has a lot of interesting storytelling potential and I think Jessica's will coming from a place of guilt is an interesting twist on the formula, even if it also seems like being a Green Lantern has "someone you know gets brutally murdered" as a prerequisite sometimes - and, heck, Jessica herself has been brutally murdered multiple times (don't worry; she got better)... I also quite like the DC Super Hero Girls incarnation of her as a more laid-back activist... The moveset potential of a Green Lantern in Multiversus almost goes without saying and Jessica would likely be my go-to version of the character if she got included.

Joust

Chance and Want: Abstain. I have some thoughts, but don't know how to put a number to them.

Joust is a classic arcade game. Functionally similar to the Nintendo classic Balloon Fight, Joust is a game about poking your foes with your spear.... like... y'know... jousting... It's a solid arcade title and a total classic.

This is a game I love to play whenever I go to an arcade... It is truly a classic.

In terms of Multiversus though? It doesn't... have that much to offer, at least in my mind? That said, I could see it getting a Game-and-Watch-style or Duck-Hunt-Trio-style character where you include Joust among other Midway Arcade classics.

For crossover history, Joust has appeared in... most of the places you'd expect a Midway Arcade game to appear (such as LEGO Dimensions) as well as cameoing in Mortal Kombat and having a role in the Adam Sandler film Pixels - alongside the aforementioned Duck Hunt Dog.

I have not seen Pixels... I do not plan on changing that anytime soon.

Nominations: All on Princess Bubblegum
I've seen Pixels

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
After I was done writing this huge, 25% chance write up about Joust I went to check a date and realized I got it mixed up with The Outfoxies. Oops.

Chance: 5%
Joust is a classic 1982 Midway arcade game. It was very successful, becoming one of the highest grossing arcade games of the year, and is remembered as a classic. It also influenced games such as Mario Bros. and Balloon Fight. It got a sequel and rereleases in several Midway collections.

While it's not the game that created the platform fighter (again, major mix-up there), it's still a fun, floaty 2D game that lends itself extremely well to the genre. Plus apparently it popularized two-player coop, not a bad claim to fame and especially relevant to a duo-centric game. But, yeah, not the first thing you'd think of. Still, the appeal of a knight riding an ostrich with a lance is universal.

Want: 100%
Not much to say other than this is a really fun game.

Jessica Cruz

Chance: 75%
Jessica Cruz is a Green Lantern that debuted in 2014 and quickly became the most popular GL this side of John Stewart. While DC has been slow to capitalize on her popularity (mostly because they've been a mess since before she was created) she is one of the main characters in Justice League vs. the Fatal Five (a DTV animated movie) and the Super Hero Girls show and related material, plus all the requisite appearances in easy to make crossovers such as LEGO projects. She will soon make her theatrical debut in the Super Pets animated movie (which looks like trash but hey) and will level up big time when the DCEU Green Lantern show debuts, which has her as one of the leads (although who knows what the DCEU will be considering WB got bought out yet again and their big reboot's star is reportedly kidnapping children).

Green Lantern is a huge character and one of the founding members of the Justice League. However, the question is who will be the main Green Lantern? Hal Jordan is the most well known, being basically the default incarnation of the character (and was also played in the godawful 2011 movie by Ryan Reynolds). Then there's John Stewart, who became very popular after being the Green Lantern in the Justice League and JLU animated series. There's also Alan Scott who I have to mention because he was the OG Green Lantern. And for the record, he will also be in the TV show, as will Lanterns Guy Gardner and Simon Baz.

Lotta Lanterns. Which would be a problem except for the fact that this game has variants, basically echoes, which means that most legacy DC characters will probably make it in as glorified skins. With Green Lantern's powers relying on projection of hardlight constructs rather than physicality, plus their ability to fly, I don't see any reason why hitbox and hurtbox dissonance would be a factor. With that in mind, while I absolutely expect Jordan to be the default pick, Jessica would probably be the second one chosen just for synergy with the show (unless it gets canceled, reworked, or releases way into the future). Since Green Lantern is a near-lock, that makes Jessica a near-near-lock.

She's my favorite GL actually, so yeah.

Noms: Henry Hill

D

Deleted member

In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night

Chance - 40%
Jesisca Cruz is a more recent DC character in the long run of things. She's appeared in various animated projects, including a main role in the DC Superhero Girls franchise, she is about to appear on the big screen in the Legaue of Superpets Movie, and is set to make her live action debut in the upcoming Green Lantern HBO Max series. She has an interesting but convoluted backstory, narrowly escaping her murder and being bodned with the ring of Power Ring, the evil Earth 3 Green Lantern, who had been recently killed in an event story, she would have to overcome her fears and eventually earn a real ring, though later adapted versions have just had her get a GL ring. I definitely think we're gonna get some form of Green Lantern in this game at some point. The GL's are a DC mainstay and we've already had some hints at them. But the issue is there is a lot of competition. Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Simon Baz and Kyle Rayner are all human Lanterns. And that's not even getting into the many alien Lanterns. I think Hal, due to being the main Lantern used in things, and John, due to his prominent appearances in the DCAU, which this game seems to be drawing heavily from, are the most likely Gl picks. But I do think Jessica has a chance. She could show up as a skin for another Gl, as we know complete other characters can be skins in this game.

Want - 70%
I think a Green Lantern of some sort is a must have for this game, and would have a very fun moveset. I don't really mind which one gets chosen, but by all accounts Jessica seems like a cool character. I haven't read or seen a lot of things with her in them. But she has a really cool design and the general concept of someone with survivors guilt having to conquer it in order to use their Lantern ring is really interesting. I'd be down for her.

Nice Jousting!
Chance - 20%
Joust is a classic arcade title. It's hugely influential, the orignal Mario Bros was even inspired by it. It popularised two player co-op. Whenever a movie, show or game does Arcade game references, Joust is usually there. Even if you haven't played the orignal, you've probably played something inspired by it. It's definitely iconic. But the issue is. Joust isn't exactly character rich. The gameplay is pretty simple and the Knight & Ostrich don't really have a lot of moveset potential or personality, though they could proablly get creative by doing a moveset that pulls from various classic Midway and Williams Electronics aracde titles. I could see it getting some representation, but as something other than a character, such as a stage or as part of a potential asssit trophy feature.

Want - 20%
I like when games do retro throw back characters like this. Joust is really fun. There are other WB games characters I'd prefer to see first, and I think this game could be repped in other ways. But I would be interested to see what they could do with this character.

Noms to Poison Ivy

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Jessica Cruz
Her Music: Jessica Cruz Guitar Theme by Dorothy Lover
60% I would say Jessica might have a chance appearing as a alternate costume for Hal Jordan alongside the other green lanterns which would be good enough to represent her since i think they all use the same fighting style from their ability,

my only concern is if her body size fits with the others & technically it does not people have brought up the idea of why fionna wasn't one of finn's alternate costumes so this issue my impact jessica when deciding what lantern to utilize and it's likely she might not get her own slot if she's gonna play similarily.

70%: Jessica would be cool, he story did make me interested in her so i guess it'd be down to play as her if she ever gets in.

Though i am cautious of reading her stories due to hearing about........Oh, right don't want to let people hear my reason why, sorry

Joust
Their Music: Title Theme of Joust
Abstrain: I have never heard of this character until i found a Multiversus Character Tier List & i had to ask for the name, though thinking about it makes me think it'd be cool and would add more midway characters besides Mortal Kombat.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Wait, Jessica Cruz is a DC character?

Chances- 25%

I am doubtful we'll see Jessica in MultiVerses... at least as her character. The question we should ask is not "does she stand out among other DC characters?" We should be asking "does she stand out among other Green Lanterns?" Aside from her gender, I say she fails to be unique among her coworkers. If we are going to get a Green Lantern in MultiVerses, it most likely will be Hal Jordan. That doesn't mean Jessica won't appear in the game. I can easily see her as an alternate costume for whichever Green Lantern get into the roster. I'm surprised I had this much to say on her chances.

Want- Abstain

I'm vaguely aware of character, but no where near of being familiar of her to judge fairly. Because of this, I have to abstain.

Wasn't Joust in Ready Player One?

I once again have to abstain from a chance and want score. I have heard of the game, just never played. Even if I did know the game, it would be so obscure that I doubt a rep for Joust would be even consider.

My noms:
Vilgax (Ben 10) x10
Transformers rep x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Raven
Chance: 96.38%
Want: 83.13%

Blake Belladonna
Chance: 60%
Want: 71.57%

Noms List

75-99

50-74

25-49
Sub-Zero x45
He-Man x42
Sam Spade x40
Gandalf x40
The Animaniacs rep x35
Henry Hill x35
Mami Tomoe x35
Audrey II x32
Six Flags content x32
Pennywise x30
Princess Bubblegum x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Steve Urkel x25
Monkey D. Luffy x25
Vilgax x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Ultraman x20
Sesame Street content x15
Shuichi Kitaoka x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Jack Torrance x10
Transformers rep x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Jessica Cruise through the galaxy

Originally this score was going to be a lot lower. That's simply because I thought that Hal Jordan was too steep of competition and he can do anything that Jessica can do (To my knowledge, anyway). But as it turns out her being so similar to Hal might actually be her saving grace as this game has skins called "variances" which are essentially echo fighters. Assuming there isn't any problems with the different body types, Jessica could very well appear as a variant for Hal Jordan who is incredibly likely to be in this game considering he's one of the main characters of the Justice League.

Jessica herself has some merits. She is featured in many of the DC Super Hero Girls material and has made appearances in other stuff like :Lego DC Super Villains and apparently she was in the mobile version of the first Injustice. So yeah, Warner Bros seems to like her enough that I think they would include her in the game in some way.

Want: 50%

I have not delved into the Green Lantern stuff too much. I watched Green Lantern First Flight and learned some things about the characters through my best friend who is highly knowledgeable on DC stuff, but otherwise I don't care if they go beyond Hal Jordan for Green Lantern characters in MultiVersus. I think the Green Lanterns are very cool, but they all generally share the same powers so whether or not they include more than one is not something I'm concerned with.

Who needs horses when you got ostriches?

Chance: 30%

Joust is a classic arcade game that gets included on a bunch of Midway arcade compilations and gets referenced here and there like in Pixels. It's one of Warner Bros' more recognizable games, though I'm not certain how much of a priority it will be in the grand scheme of things.

Want: 80%

Growing up I had a Midway compilation on the GBA that included Joust. I'm a sucker for these simple arcade games that are easy to learn and play. Just like with Warner Bros' other gaming IPs, I would be ecstatic to see Joust get some representation.

Noms:
Shuichi x10
Ultraman x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

(Sorry mods I don't mean to keep double posting I just have bad timing with when I post my ratings. Don't spank me ok?)

Rate King Kong, as well as Ash Williams from Evil Dead.

Some videos to get into the mood to discuss the 8th wonder of the world:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to watch Deadites troll Bruce Campbell:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain heard both of them before but don't know well enough to say what their chances are.

Noms
Sakura Kyoko x 5

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
King Kong is the Alpha of Skull Island.

Chances- 80%

For such a big character, you would think Kong has a low chance at getting into MultiVerses. Surprisingly, he has a lot of stuff in his favor. We already have the Iron Giant as part of the roster. We also have evidence of Godzilla being part of the game thanks to the datamines though in what form he would is not clear. The surprise success of Godzilla Vs Kong (and by extension Legendary's Monsterverse) also helps Kong's chances. He's also quite important to cinema due to the 1933 classic film. There is his appearance in Ready Player One as well. While I don't think King Kong has a shot at the base roster, DLC is a different matter. I do think Kong will join MultiVerses in some form eventually.

Want- 80%

I have enjoyed the Kong movies I have seen so far which are the 2005 Remake and Kong: Skull Island (and Godzilla VS Kong as it really is Kong's story.) I particularly enjoyed his Monsterverse incarnation. I would be quite happy if he gets into MultiVerses.

Nice job dooming the world Ash Williams.

Chances- Abstain

I have no idea what Ash's status in the legal department currently is. Because of this, I can't give a fair rating. I do know Ash has been in quite a few crossovers. What comes to mind is the Ash vs Jason vs Freddy comic series and that Poker Night game that had GaLDos as the dealer. As for my want score...

Want- 70%

I have seen the Evil Dead trilogy and I liked Ash in all three. My favorite film of the three would be Army of Darkness because its insanity. Ash is an unlucky idiot who managed to become a badass with a chainsaw for a hand. Bringing that insanity in MultiVerses would be incredible. I'll be rolling on the floor laughing if he actually gets in the game.

My noms:
Vilgax (Ben 10) x10
Transformers rep x10

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hail to the king, baby!

Kong
Chance: 95%
I'm not going to waste time explaining who King Kong is, he's been around since the 30s. The Iron Giant is in, and is reportedly a very big character, proving that size is no issue. The current incarnation of Kong in the MonsterVerse is very popular, with Skull Island finding acclaim and Godzilla vs. Kong being one of the biggest movies of last year. A follow up is in the works, as is a Skull Island anime for Netflix. Add that to the prestige of being in plenty of classics, from the original to Peter Jackson's remake, and he's a slam dunk.

Need more convincing? Ok, there's the rumors that Godzilla will be in. And we know you can't have one without the other. Kong also recently featured in... checks notes Call of Duty Warzone? Yeah, apparently that was a thing, which shows that there's definitely no standards! Joking aside, it's proof that Kong (and Godzilla) can be used in videogames, and Western games at that.

Now let's get into the rights situation. It's a bit complicated, but basically the rights of the original movie have historically laid with RKO (which is now owned by WB) whereas the character of Kong is owned by Universal. That's why most Kong movies don't reuse the original plot - only Warner can use that. However, both studios struck a deal with middleman Legendary at the same time - WB to make Godzilla movies and Uni to make Kong movies. Legendary, smelling an opportunity, convinced Universal to allow production for the Kong movies to move to WB so that there could be a MonsterVerse, and they agreed. Universal has no involvement in the MonsterVerse, and it's been speculated by people involved in it that the rights for Kong might have been fully transferred to WB. To fully ascertain this, I checked the copyright notices for the Warzone DLC (Chekhov's Gun fires!) and found that Kong is credited to Legendary alone. So in the worst case scenario, that's where the gaming rights rest, if not outright within WB. It would be easy to get the rights, but this is the only reason the score isn't just 100.

It wasn't the airplanes. It was beauty killed the beast.

Kong is an icon. He's been endlessly reinvented over the decades yet he remains captivating, fresh, tragic. Something about him sparks the imagination, so many great filmmakers and storytellers have made their own personal spin on him. I honestly don't think there's ever been a bad Kong movie which is impressive. I love the big guy, and he 100% deserves to be in MultiVersus.

Ash

Chance: 39%
Ash Williams is the protagonist of the Evil Dead franchise. Initially just one of 5 young stupid adults foolishly headed to a cabin in the woods haunted by undead spirits, Ash survives through grit and a bit of luck. After a peculiar series of events involving getting possessed, cutting of his hand, replacing it with a chainsaw, and traveling back in time, Ash grows from horror movie survivor to mildly deranged one-liner spouting badass.

The Evil Dead franchise is many things. Straight horror, horror comedy, outright comedy, medieval fantasy, time travel story, gorefest, special effects galore, auteur driven film, and Looney Tunes sendup, in no particular order. What it started as? A no budget indie horror project, that received such acclaim that it blew up commercially (some estimates have it making as much as 80 times its budget), launched the careers of director Sam Raimi and star Bruce Campbell (both of whom you might know for their later collaborations such as Darkman, the Spider-Man trilogy, or more recently Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness), and started a franchise. That franchise consists of two sequels, a legacy sequel, a TV show that ran for three seasons, and an upcoming new movie, Evil Dead Rise, set for release this very year.

Ash himself has become a horror icon and action hero legend. His look, with Bruce Campbell's distinctive chin and his dual wielding of chainsaw and shotgun (or boomstick, for those in the know) is unmistakable. Aside from appearing in every installment of the franchise, Ash features in videogames (such as a trilogy of games by THQ that continue his story from the movies, or the recent asymmetrical multiplayer game that was very well received), and comic books (adaptations and continuations). He has also made crossovers in comic books (with the likes of the Marvel Universe, Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees, and Xena: Warrior Princess, to name a few), Dead by Daylight, Broforce, Poker Night at the Inventory. He's even showed up at Universal Studios' theme parks' Halloween Horror Nights events. Ash is also one of the most demanded characters for Mortal Kombat, so while that game might take precedent, it would only show that Warner is aware of the demand there is for him in a fighter.

Since the first Evil Dead was an indie movie, the rights to the franchise remain with its original "producers" (Raimi, Campbell, and actual producer Robert Tapert). However WB has an interesting history with the franchise. The original movie was eventually picked up for distribution by their subsidiary New Line Cinema. And its latest movie, the one that's about to come out, is also by WB/New Line and will be released on HBO Max. So they're involved at the start and at the end, like the covers of a book. It would be in WB's best interest to be associated with the brand (and honestly, between the new movie and the Mortal Kombat fandom, they kind of are) and Raimi and Campbell seem game to give the license out to anyone who will treat it with the care it deserves, but yeah, there is lawyering to be done.

Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

I defy anyone to watch the original Evil Dead trilogy and tell me Sam Raimi isn't a genius. The way he plays with style, tone, and the camera itself has no parallel. Ash himself is anything and everything you would want or need him to be. If the movie needs a moron because someone has to die, or an asshole so the audience wants him to die, then he'll be that. And when the movie needs him to be a hardened survivor, he'll be that too. He can be hilarious, scary, insane, badass, and a living cartoon on a whim, and that's partially thanks to Campbell's perfectly calibrated performance. There is simply nothing not to like here.

Also it should come without saying that the giant ape who takes down planes and Godzilla and the dude who kills demonic beings have crazy moveset potential, right?

Noms: Henry Hill

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
King Kong
"It Was Beauty That Killed the Beast"
His Theme: Central Park from King Kong(2005)
Abstrain: Despite being familiar with King Kong, I am not sure about his chances of getting in the game, if Godzilla gets in then it'd make sense for Kong to show up though the latter would seem like an easy choice if there's easy access to him.

60%: The only King Kong Movie i watched is the 2005 Movie & that was a long time ago, i would be fine with him getting in the game but not too incused(though if godzilla gets in & kong is nowhere in sight then i'll start pushing for him)
Ash Williams
"Groovy"
His Theme: Ash's Theme from Ash Vs. The Evil Dead
Abstrain: Not sure how likely he is, although i have to wonder if Netflix would be the ones to talk to for Ash or the original share holders for the Evil Dead Series.
90%: I would love to see Ash in the game, he seems like a cool character after seeing him in Dead by Daylight and i'm pretty interested in seeing Ash Vs. The Evil Dead.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Now this is a double day!

King Kong
Chance:
80%
I think he has a really high chance! I'm not going crazy with this rating because technically they would still need to license him but the Monsterverse is awesome, you gotta have Kong and Godzilla together, GvK was a big movie for HBO Max, and in general Kong is more relevant than ever. Even without the current movies he's a legend! He is super iconic. Size doesn't matter - The Iron Giant seems to be handled well - and he more than hits the marks when it comes to promotion and legacy.

I love me some kaiju!! I love Godzilla so the rumors that he'll be in have me giddy, and I loved seeing Godzilla vs. Kong at my local drive-in theater. I'm a fan of classic movie characters, and that includes the big ape, and Kong Skull Island was another great film that thrust him into the spotlight. It'd be super fun to play as one of the greatest kaiju of all time, slamming opponents away. I actually have pictures of Kong and Godzilla in my living room, plus movie posters, so yeah, no deep discussion here - I just think he's neat!

Ash Williams
Chance:
50%
This is a tough one. Ash's rights are...complex. He was totally going to be in Mortal Kombat but that fell through, and the big rumor is that it's because of Army of Darkness which has a very thorny copyright situation going on. It's a shame because a ton of Ash's best moves would be from AoD. Ash vs. The Evil Dead didn't even tie into it, and everyone loves AoD so it's a retcon that only happened because their hands were forced. We'll see how things shake out here, but I say his chances are up in the air. He's beloved, getting new shows and movies, his classics are still amazing, but there's a lot of legal nonsense going on.

Want:
100%
One of my most-wanted! I love, love, LOVE Evil Dead 2. It is in my eyes one of the greatest horror movies EVER made. It is a perfect comedy, a truly terrifying gorefest, and has an electric energy that has almost never been matched - and I've watched a lot of horror movies. If they were allowed to integrate moves from Army of Darkness and beyond, we could have an Ash with a chainsaw arm, a gun, mini-Ash projectiles, and all kinds of attachments from Ash vs. The Evil Dead. Ash is cool, he's funny, and he's also an absolute loser who keeps having bad, bad days. We could have so many costumes, too, from the comics or from his younger days or his older "Vs" days... There's a reason he was a dream character in MK and everyone was upset he was cut - it's because he's absolutely awesome and would bring so much to the table. And I'm all for more horror!!

Nominations: Sam Spade xMax

D

Deleted member

The Eigth Wonder of the World
Chance- 80%
King Kong is an iconic film character with a long history dating back to the 1930s. He has had a number of other films. He's extremely recognizable. Kong's rights are a little fuzzy. He's heavily associated with Universiel, but Warner do own the orignal film and its various elements, and they co produce the current Monster Verse films with Legendry. He has appeared in some WB stuff, such as the Lego Batman Movie and Space Jam: A New Legacy. He's also heavily associated with another character who is heavily roumored for this game, Godzilla. Consdeirng how heavily this game is based around rivalries and team ups, I think getting them both in just makes sense. Both he and the big G just showed up in Call of Duty: Warzone of all things. We know size isn't an issue, as the Iron Gaint is coming and Godzilla is roumored. I think Kong is an extremely likely character for this game.

Want - 90%
Yeah. Kong Rocks. Hes iconic and giant apes are always cool. He actually has a lot of moveset potential. He would use his burte strength obviously, but htue could even give him his axe from the recent Godzilla vs Kong. I definitely think he would be a great character to include.

Chance- 20%
Evil Dead is a cult film trilogy that has spawned spin off media such as a recent TV series, video games, including one this year, many comics, and even a stage musical. Ash is no stranger to crossovers, having multiple crossovers comics with the likes of Freddy Kruger, Jason Voorhees, KISS, Xena: Warrior Princess, and even the Marvel Zombies, and appearing in Dead By Daylight. The rights to the Evil Dead franchise seem kind of weird. Warner did have a hand in distributing the orignal film, and they made the not starring Ash reboot and it's upcoming sequal. Sam Rami seems to own it, and does seem happy to give out the rights foe things like this. Though apparently the rights to Army of Darkness, where a lot of the iconic stuff from this franchise comes form, is a trickier situation. There is one thing that makes me slightly wonder about his chances. And that is that Ash was actually scrapped from a WB published fighting game before. He was planned for Mortal Kombat 11's first DLC season pass to the point where he was teased in a trailer and promo material with his name was leaked, but he got scrapped. We'll likely never know the reasons behind this. This doesn't necessarily mean he won't get in, though, as the same issues may not arise here.

Noms - 70%
Sure! This isn't even a character that I thought was eligible for this game, but I'd be super down! Ash is a great character with a ton of moveset potential. Bruce Campbell is a legend. The interactions with the rest of the cast would be super fun.

Noms to Poison Ivy

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The Eighth Wonder of the World

Chance: 80%

Knowing that we can get giant characters like Iron Giant does a huge favour for Kong. Not only is Kong a huge icon of popular culture but he's one that is still used to this day. Over the past two decades we've had Peter Jackson's take on the original film and now the Monsterverse offering a different take focusing on vibing around on Skull Island and throwing down with Godzilla and he doesn't have the legal headaches of Godzilla hanging over him that might get in the way.

Giant monsters are cool and sure Kong's just a giant ape, go play Donkey Kong or something. Okay but Donkey Kong isn't King Kong, King Kong is bigger and also Kong has a nice big ol' axe to use and he can shove trees down the throats of his foes. Plus it'd be fun to see Kong potentially get into a fighting game that could also contain plenty of other giant monsters and the sort, he tends to miss out on those because of his affiliations or lack thereof.

Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart

Chance: 35%

Ash Williams is a horror icon from Sam Raimi's Evil Dead series and is known for several things, his chainsaw hand and his boomstick among numerous others. He's a smartass and that'd shine through immensely. Evil Dead is a lot of fun, if you like Sam Raimi's more recent works then Evil Dead is arguably Sam at his absolute finest.

Now for Ash's chances, there's a lot of complications here and those have proven to be a thing as of recent so lets get to that elephant in the room. He was planned for Mortal Kombat 11, more than that, he flat out was in the game at some point. He had files in the game and the promotional materials even name dropped him, we all remember that Kombat Pack 1 trailer ending with the chainsaw sound and knowing it had to be Ash, Leatherface was used already after all. Come the next trailer and uh... There's no Ash. There's Joker who looks extremely rough however. So the story goes that a bunch of stuff came up very late on and they had to scrub Ash from the game in favour of the Joker but stuff still fell through the cracks. Promotional emails, even notifications within Mortal Kombat 11 explicitly said "Play as Ash from the Evil Dead!" but... he wasn't there.

On the other hand, a new Evil Dead game came out and brought together stuff from pretty much every major Evil Dead entry you can think of. including Army of Darkness, so I'm not so sure those issues are present anymore or if they are then they might not be as bad? Regardless they seem to be something they can get around now so MK11 isn't necessarily a massive blow though it should definitely be kept in mind.

Ash Williams is a fantastic character and I'd love for Bruce Campbell to get in some dumb fun interactions with other characters. Evil Dead is a really cool series and if you love horror and/or Sam Raimi's output, you owe it to yourself to watch the series because it influences a lot of what he's done and you'll appreciate everything else all the more for it. I'm also content to just take Bruce Campbell in a disembodied announcer voice ala the old Spider-Man movie adaptation games.

Noms:
All on Johnny Cage

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Jessica Cruz
Chance: 57.5%
Want: 77.6%

Knight & Ostrich
Chance: 18.33%
Want: 66.67%

Noms List

75-99

50-74
Henry Hill x50

25-49
Sub-Zero x45
Princess Bubblegum x45
He-Man x42
Sam Spade x40
Gandalf x40
Mami Tomoe x40
The Animaniacs rep x35
Vilgax x35
Audrey II x32
Six Flags content x32
Pennywise x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Steve Urkel x25
Monkey D. Luffy x25
Shuichi Kitaoka x25
Ultraman x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Poison Ivy x20
Transformers rep x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Jack Torrance x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

My teacher: "There are only 7 wonders of the world."

Me: "Here is why you are wrong."

Chance: 80%

Kong needs no introduction. He's arguably the most iconic giant monster of all time, he's fought Godzilla twice, he's one of the major players in the new Monsterverse, the western audience loves him, and has multi-generational appeal. It says a lot when the original film is 89 years old and yet its as iconic as ever, thanks to a strong legacy with multiple reboots, and some side films here and there. So Kong is a very strong pop culture icon and on top of that there is 1. The strong connection with Warner Bros with them owning the rights to the original, plus their distribution of the Monsterverse films and 2. The fact that the Iron Giant is said by the devs to be a big character so height shouldn't be an issue. So basically Kong has everything going for him and thus I feel very confident in him.

Your fellow kaiju fanboy here loves King Kong. Any surprise here? Yeah, of course I love Kong. The original film is a technical marvel, the time and effort that special effects Willis O Brien must have spent on the film must have been grueling. I watched all the special features on the blu-ray and there is a 7 part documentary that includes a part where modern filmmakers try their best to recreate the special effects and the amount of detail that went into the film is enormous. Not just with the stop motion which is a time-consuming and tedious process, but also the props. Like for example they had Kong on a table with a bunch of foliage in front of the camera. But behind that table was another table that had more foliage and props on it. This made the background look more 3D and detailed. Inventive tricks like that is what makes me respect movie makers so much.

But despite my respect for the 1933 classic, I actually prefer the 2005 remake by Peter Jackson. Not just because of it being newer, but because it took the formula of the original and expanded upon it. You get to see more of the island and its inhabitants which lead to some really tense and entertaining moments that couldn't be pulled off with older films. Then there is the fact that this film showed more moments between Ann and Kong. There is more small moments between them in this version than any other which makes their dynamic more real and thus makes the ending hit harder. It's an example of how to pull off a remake well.

I could go on about the other films, but the point is I would be stoked for Kong in MultiVersus, especially if we are getting Godzilla as well.

"This is my boomstick!"

The more I think about this, the more it makes sense. I wasn't aware that Warner Bros had connections to Evil Dead until recently but considering Evil Dead's strong legacy and the new movie coming to HBO Max, yeah there is plenty of reasons to include him, especially since the rights shouldn't be that expensive.

It's Bruce Campbell with a double-barrelled shotgun and a chainsaw for an arm. There's also the fact that the Evil Dead films are just very entertaining. I recently rewatched Evil Dead 2 and I was amazed by how much it balances horror and comedy so perfectly. For the first 30 minutes it's basically just Deadites trolling Bruce Campbell and its brilliant. It's filled to the brim with slapsticky moments, and yet there was always that sense of danger. I don't know how Sam Raimi did it, but he sure did and the film is a classic, alongside the other films. The original film is a good horror movie and Army of Darkness is a wild ride. Heck even the remake was solid.

Oh yeah, there is also a certain video that I forgot to include above. If anyone wants a better idea of exactly how Ash would work in a fighting game, not that it's hard to imagine, but I wanted an excuse to talk about this game:

Terrordrome is a fan made game that features many horror icons including Ash and he's awesome in the game. There is definitely some creative things you can do with him.

Noms:
Shuichi x10
Ultraman x10

Day over.

Rate Concept: Yu-Gi-Oh rep, as well as Yang Xiao Long from RWBY.

Some videos to get into the card game mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to throw punches:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Yu Gi Oh Rep

Chance- 30%
I think it's a case of it is dependent on which Yu Gi Oh character overall chances wise. Yu Gi Oh airing on WB before might boost up the chances of having a Yu Gi Oh rep. Despite Konami is one of the harder companies to please they are no stranger to crossover games so that might help as well. Shounen Jump on the other hand might be a hurdle for a YGO rep though.

Want- 99%
I am a big fan of Yu Gi Oh in general so any rep minus Yuuma I would be fine with. Also would be neat to see what move set they would have.

Yang Xiao Long

Chance- 60%
Similar to Weiss and Blake if Multiversus goes for a single character it is most likely going to be Ruby. Despite that RWBY's overall popularity gives Yang a pretty good shot at this game. The series itself is popular enough I won't be too surprised if all 4 of team RWBY makes all at once.

Want- 95%
Yang is my favourite Rwby character, so I would be very happy if she makes it to Muliversus. It would be cool if her moveset is based off of the BBTag one since I really like that playstyle.

Noms
Sakura Kyoko- x10

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's time to d-d-d-d-d-duel!

Yu-Gi-Oh is massively iconic. Exodia, Kaiba, Blue Eyes White Dragon, Dark Magician, The Egyptian God cards, Yugi, Brooklyn Rage, Pot of Greed which allows me to draw 2 cards and so on, you get it.

Well it's another series associated with Shonen Jump and it does feature in crossovers despite the Konami shaped elephant in the room. Konami wouldn't prove too problematic for anything YGO related, it's that Jump itself has a sizable amount of competition and broadening to anime and manga as a whole, you get a bigger pool still of course. It's a tough situation.

Want: 70%

Yu-Gi-Oh would be great, Kaiba in particular, would love to hear him **** talk everyone. But anything after GX kinda loses me with all the extra gimmicks and stuff.

Even louder Buzzing

Chance: 95%

The fourth and final member of the titular team RWBY, Yang once again gets the same rating as her teammates. Titular characters, team RWBY are rarely ever separate in crossovers you know the drill. With Yang however she's probably the most popular RWBY character in general. She won a Twitter/Instagram social media tournament where her final opponent was Harley Quinn, that's a very dedicated fanbase and her main ship (with Blake) is the most popular one.

Although she's my least favourite of team RWBY the sunny dragon is still a character I'd love to see. Her moveset is more basic than her teammates, she punches you hard, she uses her shotgun gauntlets to shoot you or launch herself around, she punches, she explodes with anger and gets powered up and her theme probably plays. She's Super Saiyang now. As proved with BBTAG she was still able to have a really fun moveset in spite of more limited options. She also has her bike and has remote bombs and a robot arm since so she has extra options to spice it up a bit. She's a fun character and is always a joy to watch.

Noms:
All on Johnny Cage

amageish

Smash Master
I'm going to use the hour grace period between days, if that is still a thing...

King Kong

Chance: 80%. Yeah, he's probably in. He's an icon of film history; important to defining the genre of monster movies; and Iron Giant shows they have no concern about size... he's an obvious choice for the franchise in general.

Kong really pops up in all the places you would expect a Warner character to. Yes, he was in Space Jam 2. Yes, he has a random comic book collab with another IP. Yes, he is in a LEGO game and a LEGO movie. He hits all the classics!

I'd make the "why is Space Jam referencing this" comment I usually make, but I feel like enough children's TV shows parody King Kong already that this isn't that weird...

He's also in a few places you wouldn't expect, like a random Konami crossover game and a random MOBA game, but... still! Generally, pretty normal situations for good old King Kong. And, depending on how much you check social media, you may have seen the... strategy used to grind EXP in Call of Duty Warzone's recent Godzilla vs King Kong event.

The Konami one is... definitely not what I expected...

With time, I'd be pretty surprised if he wasn't added.

Want: Abstain. Another character with so many incarnations that I don't really have an opinion on the broad general concept of them. I do wish the stage musical got a cast recording though; it may be terrible, but I'm curious nonetheless...

Ash Williams

Chance: 51%. This seems more likely then to me. There's new Ash Williams media to promote and also Evil Dead just... is an IP that seems to enjoy crossing over with things.

Like, seriously Ash is in Dead by Daylight, which isn't that surprising of a collab, but we also have him in Poker Night 2, where he crosses over with... Borderlands, The Venture Brothers, Portal, Sam and Max, as well as a few other Telltale IPs via smaller cameos.

I have played so much Poker Night, but I am also bad at Poker so I have not won very often...

Via comic books he has crossed over with a mildly crazy number of things, including Marvel Zombies and Xena Warrior Princess. This is also where the scrapped Ash vs Freddy vs Jason movie was purposed... So, yeah, he just collabs with a lot of things of varying size and notoriety.

Overall, I feel like he's pretty plausible in the long run. I am unironically kind of surprised he isn't in Fortnite yet, frankly...

Want: 95%. I haven't seen all of the modern Evil Dead stuff, but the movies I have seen are dumb fun and the stage musical is amazing. I guess today was a double-musical review day... That's fun...

I, um, would post a clip of the Evil Dead musical here, but I am pretty sure every clip would get me in trouble with the SmashBoards rules against explicit language. So I will not do that.

Noms: All on Bubblegum

D

Deleted member

She Burns
Chance- 60%
Same as the other two team RWBY girls who aren't Ruby herself. I do actualy think if we only got one more character after Ruby then it would be most likely be Yang. She's extremely popular and constantly tops fan polls. But as I've said many times before, team RWBY is kind of a package deal.

Want - 60%
Yang is proablly my favorite of the RBWY main cast. Basic tastes, I know. Her abilities are a bit more basic than her peers but she's pretty much built for a fighting game. It's very easy to imagine a moveset for her. She's also just a really fun character.

Time to Duel
Chance- 0%
Not sure I see this. The WB connection doesn't seem that strong. They put out the first movie and the show aried on the WB and Caroton Network. Warner would still have to deal with both Konami and Shueisha. A YGO rep also just faces a lot of competition from other anime / manga characters. I also feel like, and i say this as someone who doesn't know a lot about YGO, that the franchise isn't quite at its peak as it was in the 2000's. Just got a lot going against it, I'm afraid.

Want- 10%
I'm not the world's biggest YGO expert by any means but I was into it for a bit as a kid. If it was a classic character like Yugi or Kaiba then I'd be pretty down. The later series I do not have much attachment to. A monster summoning moveset could be pretty fun.

Noms to Marceline

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
A Yu-Gi-Oh Rep
Series Theme: Yu-Gi-Oh!(Main Theme)(USA)
10%: as Darkonedagger said, There really isn't any connection with Warner Brothers that Yu-Gi-Oh share besides them releasing the movie & letting the show air on Cartoon Network and Kids WB even then would it be tough to ask since Konami & I guess Shueisha would be tough to both deal with.

50%: I Wouldn't mind seeing a Yu-Gi-Oh character show up, though i wonder how they would look with a Duelist could do something similar to Jump Force, though if anything they'd still have to let the monsters fight for them.

Yang Xiong Long
Her Music: I Burn
50%: Would pretty much give her the same rating as Blake since all of team rwby is a package as said by some others on this thread, but it's likely they'll go for two if they can't pick up all of ruby's teammates.

I may say Yang could have the least likely chance of being the 2nd due to her being more hand to hand in combat with no uniqueness compare to Weiss & Blake, although i could be wrong.

60%: While i'm not that much of a fan of her I would like to see Yang show up as the 2nd rep of her series with Ruby, mostly cause they're sisters though i'm not sure if they'd go for her since she would mostly be a bruiser type character who punches(i forgot she can shot with her gauntlets).

Nomination: Courage & Mob(Are we allowed to submit two characters?)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well this is very well timed

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Well this is very well timed

i ain't watching it

amageish

Smash Master
Concept: Yu-Gi-Oh Representative

Chance: 5%. Yu-Gi-Oh is an iconic and longrunning franchise! Like a lot of longrunning franchises, it started off via print media, became more mainstream via an animated series, and since then has had a variety of adaptations and spin-offs of inconsistent tones and canons... It's grossed over 17.1 billion dollars and is generally a pretty big juggernaut.

It's time to duel! Or... something... I am not an expert on this series...

As others have said, it's beloved and would be a big get for this game, but there's just no especially concrete Warner connection or much reason to expect it at this current period of time. Maybe things will change once the game comes out and we see how they approach IPs of non-western origin, but for now... I just don't expect it.

In terms of crossover history, it's mostly what you'd expect: a lot of mobile games, some Jump games, and a lot of unofficial crossovers with easter eggs on cards or references to it in other media...

There's something quite pretty and dynamic about the art made for this sort of gacha game...

There is a kind of cute easter egg in one of the Konami games though, where there's a cardboard box that Solid Snake seems to be hiding underneath.

1656714011697.png

Based on my knowledge of Smash trailers, this means that Solid Slake is joining the cast of Yu-Gi-Oh.

Want: Abstain. One of my friends is really into this series and so I have read some of the original "Characters fight via various games and not just a card game" manga, but I don't really have a nuanced enough opinion to comment here...

Yang Xiao-Lang

Chance: 70%. Yang is another character from RWBY and the final titular character for us to rate. The blonde bruiser, Yang is a fan-favourite and, if we want to count WarnerMedia's March Madness bracket from earlier this year as a 100% accurate scientific source, she is literally the most popular character in the entire WarnerMedia library - even beating Bugs Bunny out for popularity... I personally wouldn't take that at face value, but still. She's very popular!

Yang is, in fact, very good at punching.

I'll continue to repeat myself... I think RWBY will get a character in Multiversus and I think it could end up with a decent amount of reps if those characters/cosmetics/etc sell well, but I don't think this is something Warner execs would be pushing super hard for just because... Well... It's a web series competing against million and billion dollar franchises.

I'm also boosting Yang's odds slightly above Weiss and Blake, as I think she is probably the #2 choice... and, frankly, I even think there's a non-zero chance of her getting in over Ruby Rose herself just because she's that popular and we have seen them choose the second-most-important character from a given show as its representative already...

I've covered the crossover history multiple times already, but we did just find out that the Justice League comic is apparently getting a full-on feature film successor? I'm not sure how that will turn out TBH, but I'm definitely going to watch it. Not sure how they will be "expanding the universe" in it as the teaser says, as they really covered most of the League already... Maybe they'll add Hawkgirl? Who knows.

I do hope the movie is less into Weiss/Bruce Wayne shipteasing as um. That was definitely a choice that the series made.

So yeah! We'll see what happens next.

Want: 90%. So, I gave her higher chances then I gave Weiss or Blake, but my want for her is slightly less just because... Yang is badass in the world of RWBY and I really enjoy her character, but her moveset potential just isn't as exciting to me relative to Weiss' glyphs and Blake's clones. I'd still be happy to see her, of course, but she isn't my personal #1 choice...

I'm still confused how BlazBlue Cross Tag battle support ended without Penny being playable. I would like this wrong to be righted...

Noms: All on Bubblegum

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yugio

Abstain. It's owned by Konami, right? That's the extent of my knowledge, I know nothing about its origins, how popular or prolific it is and whether it features a lot in crossovers. It's also one of eight gazillion anime in contention, when we don't know if anime will be a thing, so, yeah. Konami doesn't give a **** about anything these days but that fluctuates between "sure, do anything with my IP, I don't give a ****" and "I'm not going to do a thing with my IP because I don't give a ****". Also I don't give a **** either.

The blonde one from rwby

Also abstain because again, I don't know the first thing about RWBY (so much that my phone autocompletes the sentence "I don't know the first thing about" with RWBY, I'm not joking). If she's popular she'll probably make it but idk. I learned about the JL crossover movie, which I will definitely watch and have no idea what's going on.

Noms: Jack Torrance

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Let's rock!

Chance: 25%

Yu Gi Oh started out as a manga in 1996 and since then has exploded in popularity. It is currently the 22nd highest grossing media franchise, putting it above things like Power Rangers, The Simpsons, Looney Tunes, Spongebob, and fellow Shonen Jump series like One Piece and Naruto. While it may not be as popular these days as it was during the 2000s, its still getting new anime series and more merchandise so clearly it still has a grip on the market.

When it comes to Shonen Jump material, I actually find it to be on the likelier side of things, though there is still stuff like JoJo which is huge on the internet these days and I'm not sure how many Japanese series we'll get. But I do think Yu Gi Oh is a strong contender all things considered.

Want: 95%

I'm not a huge Yu Gi Oh fan, I don't think I've ever played the card game or any of the video games. My biggest connection to the series is with the anime which I watched when I was very young. I didn't know what was going on but I enjoyed watching big monsters fighting and watching clips from the show nowadays gives me nostalgia. Plus I'm curious how a moveset would work but I'm guessing you would be able to choose from several different cards in a deck to summon monsters and if so, that would be mega awesome. So while I don't have strong feelings on the IP, a monster summoning moveset would be very cool and I find the art style of the shows to be very appealing.

I like to start my semesters with a Yang!

Chance: 70%

Again, the RWBY girls are often marketed together so I think we'll eventually get them all. Especially considering what has happened recently, with us getting RWBY news everytime we rate a new character. And now we are getting a movie based on the Justice league crossover comic which is a pretty big deal and with other stuff like Arrowfell getting more info and the anime being an ongoing thing, RWBY is stronger than ever. Plus there was a popularity poll that Warner Bros did where Yang placed number 1 above Bugs Bunny. While it's probably not the most accurate poll, it does show that Yang is very popular and it only reaffirms my confidence in the series getting a character, hence why I boosted my score up from 60 to 70.

You all know by now how much RWBY means to me and that I'm cheering for the main 4 to get into MultiVersus. It's great how far the series has come and the recent news has gotten me very excited for the future of the franchise. We currently have two series going at the same time, the IP is getting its first film, and we are getting a game that looks promising. I'm so stoked.

As for Yang, yeah she is cool as well. Her arm gauntlets are awesome and her ability to dish back damage at twice the power is a neat ability. She's also just a really fun character in general, with her being a "life of the party" kind of gal. I also just watched Ice Queendom last night and while the characters are mostly the same, there is some additional scenes which suggest they will develop in some subtlety different ways and I look forward to seeing how things turn out.

Noms:
Shuichi x5
Ultraman x5
Transformers x10

Calcs coming soonish

KillerCage

Smash Master
Time to d-d-d-d-d-duel in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Chances- 1%

Yeah, I don't see getting a Yu-Gi-Oh! rep in MultiVerses very likely. Yes, Yu-Gi-Oh! was on Kids WB. Despite this, Warner Brothers does not own the rights to the IP. 7@(%!#& Konami is the rights holder and you need some VERY special connections if Smash Bros is any indication. Even then, most people know Yu-Gi-Oh! for the anime, manga, and card game. I said this before and I'll say this again. The chances of getting an anime rep is silm. If we did get one, it would likely from an IP that WB has at least a decent connection like RWBY and Jojo.

Want- 10%

I did watch Yu-Gi-Oh! while it was on Kids WB, but it wasn't something I was invested in, I frankly don't see the moveset potential for such a character in MultiVerses. I wouldn't be interest if they did get in.

End it with a Yang! Kill me.

Chances- 40%

I said before when we did Blade and I will say it again. If we are going to get a RWBY character in MultiVerses, Ruby should come first. After that, the other member of Team RWBY can join and that can include Yang.

Want- 50%

I am kinda burnt out on RWBY. Whatever potential the show had was snuffed out by the really bad writing. The once charming characters are no longer appealing to me. This extends to Yang as well. Once confident and capable of showing compassion while cracking a joke, she is now non-recognizable to me. Then again I dropped out of RWBY after finishing Volume 5, so she could have changed since then but I have heard things have not gotten better. At this point, I'll be neutral if Yang did get into MultiVerses.

My noms:
Vilgax (Ben 10) x10
Transformers rep x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
King Kong
Chance: 82.14%
Want: 90%

Ash Williams
Chance: 42.5%
Want: 90.63%

Noms List

75-99

50-74
Henry Hill x70
Princess Bubblegum x65
Sam Spade x55

25-49
Sub-Zero x45
Vilgax x45
He-Man x42
Gandalf x40
Mami Tomoe x40
Poison Ivy x40
The Animaniacs rep x35
Shuichi Kitaoka x35
Ultraman x35
Audrey II x32
Six Flags content x32
Pennywise x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Steve Urkel x25
Monkey D. Luffy x25
Ultraman x25
Transformers rep x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Johnny Cage x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Jack Torrance x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Sakura Kyoko x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Sarge from Red vs Blue, as well as Concept: Pacific Rim fighter.

Some videos to get into the goofy Halo mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to link up with a partner to kick kaiju butt:

A reminder that this is the last day of the schedule.

Also, I want to ask how are you all feeling about these double days? Personally I think they are a great way to get more nominees into the schedule and it seems to have increased participation as well. If you all like this type of schedule enough, I can make it to where instead of doing a top 7, we can lock in the top 14, that way we can guarantee that each day will be a double day but I want to see if that's kosher with everyone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chance - 20%
Pacific Rim was a stylish action film that helped bring a whole new renaissance to the Kajiu genre, especially in the West. Warner distributed the first film, but I believe the IP is owned by Legendary Pictures. But consdeirng they may be working together to get Godzilla in, them striking a deal for the Jaegers is not impossible. We know size is not an issue due to the inclusion of Iron Gaint and (hopefully) Godzilla. The people behind the franchise where really angling for a crossover with Godzilla and Kong, which a potential third film was apparently meant to set up, and this would finally allow that to become a reality. Only issue is I'm not sure if it's really considered a hot IP these days. The second film was considered a flop and bit of a disappointment compared to the first, and there are apparently currently no plans for a third. There was a two season Netflix animated series recently, so it's not completely dead. I could see it getting in if a new project happens or the tema decide it would be a good addition, but I also think there will be higher priorities.

Want - 60%
I really liked the first Pacific Rim. Its a fun film with some amazing setpecies. I didn't even really mind the sequal all that much, though it's obviously nowhere near as good as the orignal. I wasn't even aware they had done a show, but I'll proablly watch that soon. I'm a big mark for gaint robots and Kajiu. I'd be super down to see it get some form of representation in this game. The Jaegers have such cool designs and a ton of moveset potential. The concept of a giant robot that is controlled by two people via a mental link is a great one, and it would be extremely cool if they could find a way to reflect that in gameplay. The chosen character would proablly be Gypsy Danger, who is pretty cool. It would be great to see them face off with Godzilla, Kong and other gaint monsters.

Gonna abstain on Sarge. I've made the same points about RVB twice and I don't really have anything more to say.

Noms:
Marcaline

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
In a world in which an interdimensional breach opens up at the bottom off the Pacific Ocean, causing an invasion of Kaiju, humanity will fight back the only way we know how: by building some ******** mechs and sending them out to fight. But since the act of piloting one of these giant robots, called Jaegers, is too mentally taxing for one person, a system is created through which two pilots can link their minds to share the burden. This is the world of Pacific Rim.

Pacific Rim is a franchise owned by WB buddy Legendary, the folks in charge of the MonsterVerse movies and Dune. It consists of two movies and an anime. The first movie, directed by Guillermo Del Toro himself, was a modest success in the US but a hit overseas, and received mostly positive reviews (with particular praise from people most attuned to appreciate a good robot-monster fight - the Wikipedia entry lists Hideo Kojima, William Gibson, and Rian Johnson amongst other creatives who praised it). Its success led to a sequel (Uprising) that... had no involvement from Del Toro, replaced the two leads, killed off an incredibly popular character just to motivate the new lead, and was generally dumber all around. It alienated fans, received mixed reviews, and flopped at the box office, seemingly ending the franchise... Until 2021, when a CG animated series (The Black) debuted its first season, followed by a second and final season this year. No clue as to how it performed because Netflix doesn't usually release those numbers, but it reviewed well enough... and I liked it. And it proved there's still steam in the franchise.

The first movie was distributed by Warner Bros. While Uprising moved to Universal and The Black to Netflix, I still think there's a strong connection there. Legendary is very close to WB as it is (basically all their franchises that aren't mired in controversy and production woes are by Legendary) and they will very likely be involved in MultiVersus early on because of Dune and MonsterVerse reps. Plus we have the Iron Giant proving big fighters are game. Fans of PR have been asking for a crossover with Godzilla and Kong ever since the movie released so that would just make the crossover sweeter.

Now for who the rep would be... There's a 90% chance it would be Gipsy Danger. That's the Jaeger piloted by Mako Mori and Raleigh Becket, the protagonists of the first movie which everyone likes (Rinko Kikuchi and Charlie Hunnam aren't doing much and would probably come back to voice the duo). The main Jaeger from Uprising, the Gipsy Avenger, is just a rework of Danger and could very well be a skin. The other 10% is in case they want to to with the Jaeger from The Black, the Atlas Destroyer, just because it's the new one. At this point you might have noticed that the franchise thrives on giving kickass names to giant robots so I'll just name a couple more examples: we got Striker Eureka, Cherno Alpha, Bracer Phoenix, November Ajax, Obsidian Fury, I could go on. The humans and Kaiju also have cool names. The franchise practically runs on rule of cool.

Really this all depends on how much demand there is, and PR has a small but really dedicated fandom, and it's not as small as they keep releasing new stuff for the franchise. Plus it would be great for a fighting game, and I doubt the Iron Giant accidentally fighting will sate people's desires for a mecha fighter. If you're not convinced, I'll point out that Gipsy Danger can wield a plasma cannon, a chain sword, and a nuclear reactor. And that's the generic protagonist Jaeger. Everyone with a pulse would love this.

Chance: 35%

Pacific Rim 1 is a total classic. Guillermo Del Toro never gives less than 100% of his passion and it shows in this homage to anime and tokusatsu that contains all the cheesy unabashed awesomeness we love from the mediums with a slick cover of 21st century blockbuster production values and progressive character work (fun fact: did you know people coined the Mako Mori test as an alternative to the Bechdel test? Pacific Rim didn't pass the Bechdel test, but since people still considered it great representation they came up with a new way to test it). Every character is awesome and cool and several of them have compelling character arcs that really endear you to them. And the TV show was the same way, even if limited by a smaller scope and what was clearly a multi-season storyline being crammed down into just two. But it works well enough. And the less said about Uprising the better. I would gush more but I don't want to give away story details or reference the coolest lines. You should really watch Pacific Rim if you haven't already.

Give me a sec with the third RvB rating we've done, I have to go look for my old post to copy-paste again.
Edit: found it!
GoodGrief the guy who really doesn't understand why someone keeps nominating Red vs Blue characters I mean you do you but the minutiae of why a rep would or wouldn't be added doesn't really depend on the particular character said:
Pokemon Red and Blue

Chance: 0%
Sure, Rooster Teeth might own the RvB IP, in the sense that they own the character names and personalities and the original videos. But it's still a machinima, so to visually represent the characters in a commercial product you need to pay Microsoft. Microsoft isn't likely to charge a low price for what is basically palette swap Master Chief, and that's if they even allow it. After all, homeboys are campaigning for him in Smash, a much more prestigious institution, and they might see an appearance in this as detrimental to that. Plus, would WB even care about RvB? It's one thing to promote the obviously marketable RWBY; it's another for the very old-school (outdated?) format of machinimas that has nothing to offer commercially because it would violate fair use.

Want: abstain
I watched some of these back in the day but I didn't think they were anything special
Noms: Jack Torrance

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
YJGS

You Just Got Sarge'd

Sarge is one of the titular Reds and the Leader of Red Team. He's often used in cross promotional material, generally just to **** on Grif and/or make fun of boomers. Really that's all that's going for him because like with all other RvB characters his design requires the utility of assets from the Halo series, he's effectively just a Red Master Chief even, and that requires dealings with Microsoft who might be open to it but it's not something I'd count on, plus of course, Rooster Teeth have RWBY as their main series now whilst RvB has been kinda absent for a while which is a shame.

Sarge is really funny and insanely quotable. I'd love him just for all the lines he'd have to be honest.

Atlantic Brim

Chance: 40%

Pacific Rim's a cult classic series, the first film got a sizable following for just being a love letter to giant mecha and kaiju media from Guillermo del Toro. Whilst the sequel was uh... complete ass (because del Toro wasn't involved I'd imagine) the netflix show seemed to be alright? Regardless it is a relevant property to Warner Bros and the series is ripe for picking a fighter or a few.

Want: 95%

Yeah. Mecha and Kaiju are cool and Pacific Rim is generally no exception so long as we ignore anything from Uprising, they all just kinda write the movesets for themselves. And as a bonus you might be able to hear Ellen McLane of GLaDOS fame playing another AI so you know, that's pretty cool in of itself. Plus it'd be cool for del Toro's creations to get to potentially crossover with some of his inspirations.

Noms:
All on Johnny Cage

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Sarge
His Theme: Sarge's Blues
5%: Red Vs. Blue is Rooster Teeth's First Series and It's Most Popular One to Date, However utilizing the characters including Sarge would require getting Microsoft letting them use the likeness of Halo. It isn't impossible to pull though whether or not they want to use Red Vs. Blue & if Microsoft is okay with them using the Halo image is left under mystery.

100%: I Like Sarge, He's pretty entertaining so seeing him and the other Reds & Blues would be shocking to me and i'd be pretty happy for it.

A Pacific Rim Character
Series Theme: Pacific Rim(Feat. Tom Morello)
Abstrain: I Know Nothing About Pacific Rim let alone watched the movies & yet despite what they look like that's just it. i also don't know if they're popular enough to warrant a rep but if the community wants them(and i have seen The Gypsy Danger on some prediction lists) then that should be enough to show that a Pacific Rim Character has a pretty good chance.

Edit at 7/4/22 at 11:59 PM: Fix some errors.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: Yu Gi Oh rep
Chance: 10.86%
Want: 55.67%

Yang Xiao Long
Chance: 63.57%
Want: 79.29%

Noms List

75+
Princess Bubblegum x85

50-74
Henry Hill x70
Sam Spade x55
Vilgax x55

25-49
Sub-Zero x45
Transformers rep x45
He-Man x42
Gandalf x40
Mami Tomoe x40
Poison Ivy x40
Shuichi Kitaoka x40
Ultraman x40
The Animaniacs rep x35
Audrey II x32
Six Flags content x32
Pennywise x30
Johnny Cage x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Steve Urkel x25
Monkey D. Luffy x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Jack Torrance x20
Sakura Kyoko x15
Marceline x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Courage x5
Mob x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Nomination: Courage & Mob(Are we allowed to submit two characters?)
Sorry I just noticed this but the answer is yes, as long as they make sense as a duo character. I just need to know who you are talking about and which series they come from as I don't recognize the names of this duo. And keep in mind that if you are nominating separate characters like this, we are going to be rating them with the idea of both characters becoming playable.

Also don't worry, when you respond to this I will simply edit your noms into the list above.

The groups that never actually fight

Chance: 20%

Sarge is the leader of the red group and he seems to be fairly popular so he's in a good position when it comes to choosing a character to represent the series with. But I'm uncertain how many Rooster Teeth characters we'll get beyond RWBY which is the one that is getting the crossover treatments and is the series they directly own. And again if they are going to negotiate with Microsoft they may end up just going with Master Chief.

Want: 60%

Again I've only seen the Death Battle episode and some clips. It's a charming series but not one that I have any connection to.

"Today we are cancelling the apocalypse"....with giant mechs!

Chance: 23%

GoodGrief went over all the notable points that I wanted to make so I'll summarize the key points. Pacific Rim is known as the film that started the modern kaiju boom (Some people argue that it actually started with Cloverfield but Pacific Rim is closer to what people expect from the Monsterverse films, especially since it came out a year before 2014 Godzilla). It was successful enough to get an anime and a sequel which shall not be discussed. So while it's not the most fledgling IP, its still alive and has a dedicated audience.

While Legendary Pictures owns the rights, it would probably be relatively easy for Warner Bros to negotiate with them considering their corporate synergy with Dune and the Monsterverse. Plus giant mechs are quite marketable.

There is so much I want to gush about this film. I remember my 13 year old self being hyped watching the trailers and waiting for the movie to come out. For context, I became a kaiju fan at 10 years old and at that time there weren't many blockbuster kaiju films aside from Cloverfield which I missed out on seeing in theaters. While I was enjoying the thrill of exploring older and foreign kaiju films, there was a part of me that wished we could get more, particularly a big budget kaiju film with amazing special effects and we got just that in 2013.

Where do I even begin? Well first off I saw this film in 3D which was a big deal since it was one of the first 3D movies I saw and it added to the visual effects which were ******* phenomenal. For real, 9 years later I'd say this is still one of the best visuals for a film I've ever seen. The detail on the Jaegers and kaiju are insane and the colors pop. The lighting is top tier and the contrast in the night scenes is a sight to behold. The film impresses me everytime I see it and I always discover new details in the environments and on the Jaegers and Kaiju.

Another thing this movie nails is the weight of the Jaegers and kaiju. The film really sells you that these are giant things that are moving around in our world. Every step seems to shake the ground and whenever there is an impact in battle, whether it be a Jaeger punching or a kaiju falling into a building, you really feel the power behind it and the effect it has, partially thanks to the excellent sound design as well. It really goes a long way to make the movie feel more satisfying.

Finally, the Jaegers and kaiju themselves. Holy **** talk about character designs. Most of the kaiju and just about every mech felt memorable and had great designs. Even the protagonist mech , Gypsy Danger, which is usually the most basic out of all them, still looks cool and has that iconic feel to it. For real, the designs makes me wish we saw more action from the side mechs and that we got a sequel with the same sense of weight as the original.

So yeah, I would be helluva hyped for a character from this movie. It would make sense to choose Gypsy Danger since its the poster mech of the series, but heck I'd take any of the Jaegers or kaijus.

Abstain on noms

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Sarge has had it with those dirty Blues!

Chances- 12%

I'm being a bit more generous to Sarge than the others here. Since his VA is still at Rooster Teeth, Sarge still pops up in other content such as his appearance in Death Battle's 150 episode. As everyone else has pointed out though, Red vs Blue was animated through the Halo Multiplayer engines. While RVB does have Microsoft's blessing, the same cannot be said for MultiVerses. If Microsoft gets involved, Master Chief gets priority over any RVB character. I do believe Sarge would be a frontrunner if RVB get a rep.

Want- 100%

Would you believe I grew up with Red vs Blue? Well believe me when I say Sarge is one of funniest characters in the show alongside Caboose. Agent Washington is still my favorite RVB character, but Sarge is not far behind. I can imagine Sarge summoning the other Reds to help him fight along with his trusty shotgun. I will fall out of my chair if Sarge SOMEHOW manages to force his way into MultiVerses.

We made monsters to fight in the Pacific Rim.

Chances- 30%

I'm unsure if getting a Pacific Rim rep in MultiVerses will happen. On one hand the IP is owned by Legendary who has a strong connection with WB and the Iron Giant has been confirmed to be in the roster. On the other hand, Pacific Rim only has two films (the latter not being well recieved) and an anime so not much a good profolio there. There is also of competition particularly with the Monsterverse which includes King Kong and Godzilla, the latter of which has strong evidence of being in MultiVerses. It will be an up hill battle for any Pacific Rim rep to make it into the roster.

Want- 70%

I really enjoyed the first Pacific Rim movie. I even have the main theme downloaded onto my phone. With that said, I was scared away from seeing the sequal due to its poor reception. I am interest in seeing the anime; I just didn't have the time. I would have a smile on face if we do get a Pacific Rim rep in MultiVerses.

My noms:
Discord (My Little Pony) x10
Transformers rep x10

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Concept: Yu Gi Oh rep
Chance: 10.86%
Want: 55.67%

Yang Xiao Long
Chance: 63.57%
Want: 79.29%

Noms List

75+
Princess Bubblegum x85

50-74
Henry Hill x70
Sam Spade x55
Vilgax x55

25-49
Sub-Zero x45
Transformers rep x45
He-Man x42
Gandalf x40
Mami Tomoe x40
Poison Ivy x40
Shuichi Kitaoka x40
Ultraman x40
The Animaniacs rep x35
Audrey II x32
Six Flags content x32
Pennywise x30
Johnny Cage x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Steve Urkel x25
Monkey D. Luffy x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Jack Torrance x20
Sakura Kyoko x15
Marceline x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Sorry I just noticed this but the answer is yes, as long as they make sense as a duo character. I just need to know who you are talking about and which series they come from as I don't recognize the names of this duo. And keep in mind that if you are nominating separate characters like this, we are going to be rating them with the idea of both characters becoming playable.

Also don't worry, when you respond to this I will simply edit your noms into the list above.

The groups that never actually fight

Chance: 20%

Sarge is the leader of the red group and he seems to be fairly popular so he's in a good position when it comes to choosing a character to represent the series with. But I'm uncertain how many Rooster Teeth characters we'll get beyond RWBY which is the one that is getting the crossover treatments and is the series they directly own. And again if they are going to negotiate with Microsoft they may end up just going with Master Chief.

Want: 60%

Again I've only seen the Death Battle episode and some clips. It's a charming series but not one that I have any connection to.

"Today we are cancelling the apocalypse"....with giant mechs!

Chance: 23%

GoodGrief went over all the notable points that I wanted to make so I'll summarize the key points. Pacific Rim is known as the film that started the modern kaiju boom (Some people argue that it actually started with Cloverfield but Pacific Rim is closer to what people expect from the Monsterverse films, especially since it came out a year before 2014 Godzilla). It was successful enough to get an anime and a sequel which shall not be discussed. So while it's not the most fledgling IP, its still alive and has a dedicated audience.

While Legendary Pictures owns the rights, it would probably be relatively easy for Warner Bros to negotiate with them considering their corporate synergy with Dune and the Monsterverse. Plus giant mechs are quite marketable.

There is so much I want to gush about this film. I remember my 13 year old self being hyped watching the trailers and waiting for the movie to come out. For context, I became a kaiju fan at 10 years old and at that time there weren't many blockbuster kaiju films aside from Cloverfield which I missed out on seeing in theaters. While I was enjoying the thrill of exploring older and foreign kaiju films, there was a part of me that wished we could get more, particularly a big budget kaiju film with amazing special effects and we got just that in 2013.

Where do I even begin? Well first off I saw this film in 3D which was a big deal since it was one of the first 3D movies I saw and it added to the visual effects which were ******* phenomenal. For real, 9 years later I'd say this is still one of the best visuals for a film I've ever seen. The detail on the Jaegers and kaiju are insane and the colors pop. The lighting is top tier and the contrast in the night scenes is a sight to behold. The film impresses me everytime I see it and I always discover new details in the environments and on the Jaegers and Kaiju.

Another thing this movie nails is the weight of the Jaegers and kaiju. The film really sells you that these are giant things that are moving around in our world. Every step seems to shake the ground and whenever there is an impact in battle, whether it be a Jaeger punching or a kaiju falling into a building, you really feel the power behind it and the effect it has, partially thanks to the excellent sound design as well. It really goes a long way to make the movie feel more satisfying.

Finally, the Jaegers and kaiju themselves. Holy **** talk about character designs. Most of the kaiju and just about every mech felt memorable and had great designs. Even the protagonist mech , Gypsy Danger, which is usually the most basic out of all them, still looks cool and has that iconic feel to it. For real, the designs makes me wish we saw more action from the side mechs and that we got a sequel with the same sense of weight as the original.

So yeah, I would be helluva hyped for a character from this movie. It would make sense to choose Gypsy Danger since its the poster mech of the series, but heck I'd take any of the Jaegers or kaijus.

Noms: TBA
Okay, Thank You.

Also, sorry if i didn't type what series the characters i suggested are from here's a correction for the nominees.
Courage(Courage the Cowardly Dog)
Mob(Mob Psycho 100)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Okay, Thank You.

Also, sorry if i didn't type what series the characters i suggested are from here's a correction for the nominees.
Courage(Courage the Cowardly Dog)
Mob(Mob Psycho 100)
Oh last night I thought you were talking about duo characters. But yes you can nominate separate characters as long as you tell me how you want to distribute your noms. In this instance, you earned 10 noms so that evens out nicely. Both Courage and mob will be added to the noms list above.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Oh last night I thought you were talking about duo characters. But yes you can nominate separate characters as long as you tell me how you want to distribute your noms. In this instance, you earned 10 noms so that evens out nicely. Both Courage and mob will be added to the noms list above.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Okie Dokie

Top Bottom