• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KillerCage

Smash Master
Are the Impractical Jokers YouTubers?

Guess what!? I have to abstain again! I have no idea who these guys are!

My noms: Hormura Akemi (Madoka Magica) x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sweeney Todd
Chance: 4.5%
Want: 60%

Noms List

75-99

50-74

25-49
Knight & Ostrich x40
Jessica Cruz x35
Raven x35
King Kong x35
Blake Belladonna x30
Concept: Yu-Gi-Oh rep x28
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
All Elite Wrestling rep x23
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Steve Urkel x20
Homura Akemi x20
Sam Spade x20
Audrey II x17
Yang Xiao Long x17
Pennywise x15
Ash Williams x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Sesame Street content x10
Pinkie Pie x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Gandalf x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Chance: 15%

Impractical Jokers is a reality show that airs on truTV, a cable channel owned by Warner Bros Discovery. Each episode consists of a series of competitive, wacky games of dares where the players (known as jokers) receive either a thumbs up or thumbs down. The person with the most amount of thumbs down receives a punishment which....could be a lot of things. The games are usually set up so that the jokers have to get themselves into embarrassing situations to win and it's overall a very silly premise. It's one of, if not truTV's most successful series, with it being recently renewed for a tenth season and the show even got a movie in 2020. There's even some spinoffs and a mobile game.

Now would Warner Bros choose this? Honestly I have no clue, lmao. It could certainly be used as an advertisement to show off more of their TV catalogue and the premise of the show allows for a very creative moveset. Plus there have been memes based on the show. So why this low score? Honestly it's just a gut feeling. Despite the memes and the comedic tone of the series, I have some doubts on whether or not the MultiVersus crowd enjoys or even has heard of Impractical Jokers.

Want: 50%

I think I watched some episodes in the past but I don't remember. The guys do seem charismatic and funny so I wouldn't mind them getting in.

Noms: Kong x5

Last edited:

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
TONIGHT'S BIG LOSER

Chance: 10%
Outside of being a reality show that airs on a Warner affiliated channel, I'm not sure there's much going for the Jokers in my opinion. We have yet to see content that goes super far outside of the general pop culture spectrum (Iron Giant is the closest, though that film is a bit of a cult classic), and while Impratical Jokers isn't obscure, it's not exactly the same demographic as what we currently have. There's also the issue of Joe's absence, and while it would be possible to have the three Jokers on one slot, it'd feel incomplete. I'm also not sure picking one Joker is a viable option either. The show is made from the Jokers playing off of and against each other, so unless one Joker's the main and the others tag in or something, it just wouldn't feel right. That being said, Impractical Jokers is a popular show so I wouldn't rule it out entirely. They're at least more likely than Kane in my eyes sense the Jokers more obviously lend themselves to a moveset in a wacky fighting game.

Want: 80%
Impractical Jokers is a pretty good time, and once The Joker inevitably shows up we can finally have that Joker vs. Joker showdown. With how gimmicky Multiversus characters are, the Jokers could have a stupid elaborate loser board mechanic because why not. Dumb picks like this are what make this game fun to talk about for me and I'd be all for it. Plus, Sal would have the best lose screen in the entire game.

Noms: Homura Akemi (x5)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think I will abstain as I never heard of this show before today. While the posts above are very enlightening, I still don't feel confident in gauging the show's popularity objectively, which matters a lot. Also, people still watch reality TV? Who'da thought

Noms go to Ash Williams

amageish

Smash Master
Like GoodGrief, I'm going to have to abstain just because I don't know enough about the series to meaningfully judge... Noms to Pinkie Pie!

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit, as well as Beetlejuice.

Some songs to get into the Middle Earth mood:

And here are some videos to get into the obnoxious bio-exorcist mood:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain due to not familiar on the former and barely remember the latter

Noms
Concept: Yu Gi Oh rep x3
Yang Xiao Long x2

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: Impractical Jokers rep
Chance: 11.67%
Want: 76.67%

Noms List

75-99

50-74

25-49
Knight & Ostrich x40
King Kong x40
Jessica Cruz x35
Raven x35
Blake Belladonna x30
Homura Akemi x30
Concept: Yu-Gi-Oh rep x28
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
All Elite Wrestling rep x23
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Steve Urkel x20
Sam Spade x20
Ash Williams x20
Audrey II x17
Yang Xiao Long x17
Pennywise x15
Pinkie Pie x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Monkey D. Luffy x10
Gandalf x10
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Candyman... for kids!

Chance: 40%
Beetlejuice is the name of an 80s horror comedy by Tim Burton starring Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder. The premise: the Maitlands, a happily married couple played by Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin, die in a gruesome accident and become ghosts haunting their old home. When, soon after, an obnoxious rich couple and their goth daughter move in, the Maitlands hire the infamous "bio-exorcist" Betelgeuse (pronounced Beetlejuice) to rid their home of the pesky invaders. But Betelgeuse is infamous for a reason...

The movie was a critical and commercial hit, it launched the careers of Burton, Keaton, Ryder, Baldwin and Davis, and is remembered as one of the great comedies of the 80s. It spawned a pseudo-franchise, with the requisite 80s licensed videogames (two of them by Rare!), an animated sequel series that ran for four seasons, and a musical. Talks of a sequel have existed since the original movie came out (there is, I kid you not, a script for a movie called Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian out there). However, in this "everything that can be a franchise must be a franchise" era, Beetlejuice couldn't stay dead for long, and sure enough, talks regarding the sequel have picked up. It helps that Keaton and Ryder are perhaps as bankable as they've been since the original movie (thanks to returning as Batman and Stranger Things, respectively) and Burton has proven to be willing to sell out (as anyone who saw the Dumbo remake can attest to). So this is also a franchise Warner would like to remind you of so that maybe you watch the original on HBO Max® before shelling out ten dollaridoos to see Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian™ in theaters. Also Beetlejuice has been a popular ask from fans as a cool hipster pick so it's kinda a win for everyone.

The ghost with the most has incredible moveset potential. It's just... hard to explain. Beetlejuice the movie is wildly imaginative (as you'd expect from Tim Burton) with heavy practical effects - including stop motion - that make for some amazing visuals (setting, creatures, and gags). Beetlejuice the character is an anarchic demon with a blatant disregard for the laws of man, God, and physics. There is no theme nor any rhyme or reason to what he can do; he just does cool **** like turn into a serpent thing or shrink or change clothes for gags or open his chest to reveal... whatever the hell is inside him. It's kind of one of those cases where you need to watch the movie to understand but I'm certain that if we all watched it tonight we could each come up with a different moveset based on the things he does. And then there's the animated series and the musical, both of which I'm sure add to his repertoire of insane abilities, plus provide for easy alts. With the animated show, Beetlejuice could theoretically borrow his design straight from there instead of adapting the movie design to MultiVersus' cartoon aesthetic, but whichever they go with I think he 100% has to be voiced by Michael Keaton.

I figure this is the part where I mention the points against. Beetlejuice is... raunchy. The movie was rated PG and came out in that era where even R-rated movies were marketed to children with toys and videogames and cartoons as long as there was a mild fantasy element to them. But for modern standards, the character Betelgeuse's comedic pervert antics might not fly. I mean, spoiler alert, the guy's main goal in the movie is to marry a child. He's the bad guy and all, but still a bad guy who's so entertaining that it endears you to him. It's not like him being a horndog is an intrinsic, non-negotiable aspect to him (if the devs can make the Iron Giant fighting feel natural, I'm sure they can find a way to prevent Betelgeuse from grabbing his own junk), but I'm just wondering if he might be controversial? Eh, probably not, the musical exists and they're making a sequel but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Want: 100%
This movie is just freaking awesome? Dunno what else to say, it's peak Burton, Burton at his Burton-iest, and everyone involved brings their A-game from the stars to the supporting cast, everyone is memorable and the movie's just... great. The scene with the bureaucracy of the afterlife? ****ing gold. Seriously, give it a watch if you haven't.

-----

234925858-tumblr_mam0ryfasa1qdelmgo1_250.gif

Chance: 30%
Bilbo Baggins is the protagonist of The Hobbit, a novel by acclaimed writer J. R. R. Tolkien. In it, Bilbo, a hobbit, leaves behind his life of peace and comfort to (reluctantly) go on a quest with a band of dwarves and the wizard Gandalf to reclaim a lost kingdom from a dragon. Following that, Bilbo also made appearances in a supporting role in a little book trilogy you may have heard of, called The Lord of the Rings. Here, Bilbo, corrupted by the titular Ring, entrusts it (again, reluctantly) to his nephew Frodo, who embarks on his own fantastical quest.

The Middle-Earth mythos, released in the 30s and 40s, were initially dismissed as poppycock for featuring mystical creatures and the like. Nowadays? They are studied academically, for their literary accomplishments, world building, and even linguistic creations; have basically created the high fantasy genre as we understand it; led to the creation of the tabletop RPG, and, as a result, the RPG genre of videogames; and influenced the English language itself (the plural of dwarf used to be dwarfs). The Lord of the Rings has perhaps the earliest example of a fandom in the modern sense. I... honestly don't think it's possible to list every manner in which the Hobbit and LOTR have influenced the world we inhabit today. Suffice it to say, it's a big deal.

Where does Warner Bros. come into all this? Well, in the early 2000s, WB subsidiary New Line Cinema produced a massive undertaking: a trilogy shot back-to-back-to-back, adapting The Lord of the Rings. Helmed by Peter Jackson, the trilogy was its own huge deal, with a degree of influence that isn't to be scoffed at (everything from the practice of filming back-to-back, to fantasy being a viable genre at the box office and during awards season, to the way studios interact with fandoms). Spurred by this success, and following the blueprint of its sci-fi sister Star Wars (to a fault, you could say), Warner greenlit a prequel trilogy based on The Hobbit, which is where my boy Bilbs comes in.

The Hobbit trilogy, also directed by Peter Jackson, was released to incredible box office but diminishing critical reception. Consensus was clear: there was a lot of charm and love put into them, but the replacement of astonishing practical effects with less than stellar CGI, and a bloated plot caused by stretching one book's worth of narrative into three long-ass movies, made for an underwhelming concoction. Still, everyone could agree that (much like Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi) Martin Freeman's take as the young Bilbo was a definite highlight and perhaps the sole reason to watch the movies.

The Lord of the Rings franchise is, I repeat, a huge deal. It made nearly $6 billion at the box office (that's a billion per movie!). It was nominated for 38 Oscars, winning a whopping 18, including Best Picture for The Return of the King (the first - and so far only - fantasy film to win it). It has a massive following. Plus, it's not owned outright by WB. The books are under the control of the notoriously controlling Tolkien estate, and WB simply owns the movie rights. Most infamously, Amazon recently won the TV rights in a bidding war, and has made a show that will debut later this year (and is quite controversial already). WB, not to be deterred, announced they would continue to invest in the IP with their own projects, the only one yet announced is The War of the Rohirrim, an anime prequel. While not owning the rights would usually work against the franchise's likelihood, here I feel like it works in its favor, since as Warner and Amazon are kinda deadlocked in a fight for who gets to be its steward, it's in Warner's best interest that fans associate them with it (so that they'll dismiss Amazon's projects as non-canon at best and an affront to Jackson's masterpieces at worst). This is why they make sure to put it into everything they can. The Lego Movie? Lego Dimensions? Space Jam 2? You name it, LOTR is there.

All this to say: I think it's guaranteed for more than one character. Gandalf is as good as confirmed. He's usually the chosen rep in the aforementioned crossovers, he's got magic powers (= cool moveset), he has the meme line, he's gold. Pretty sure he was leaked too. But yeah, with how big LOTR is and how much WB desperately needs to be seen as its real daddy, Gandalf won't roll solo. Now for a second rep, there's a couple of ways they could go. It could be Gollum; he's certainly iconic, represents both LOTR and The Hobbit, he even has his own videogame coming out. But I think they would likely go with a hobbit since hobbits are, like, the main characters (not having a hobbit would be like not having a Stark repping Game of Thrones, or a Jedi repping Star Wars). And don't give me that crap that Gollum's technically a hobbit, you know what I'm talking about. If they do go that route, it's between Frodo and Bilbo. And despite Frodo being from the inarguably more successful entries, I think Bilbo would be picked. Bilbo is frequently considered to be the best character in the Hobbit movies despite appearing alongside fan favorites like Gandalf himself, Elrond, Legolas, etc. whereas Frodo gets upstaged by the likes of Aragorn, Sam, Gollum. Bilbo has loads of character development, going from a cowardly homebody who nobody respects to a hero so brave he inspires kings. Not to diss Frodo, but his journey is a much more straightforward (if thematically significant) story of resisting temptation, but that makes him much more of an everyman who doesn't change much throughout the trilogy. Also Bilbo has, like, a totally gnarly sword called Sting that freaking glows and he uses the Ring constantly to turn invisible while Frodo, get this, resists its temptation. If I'm starting to sound like the Chad and virgin meme it's because it's just completely accurate, Bilbo is badass and his nephew isn't and that's just a fact. It's written in the Silmarillion or something.

I'm complete Tolkien trash. I read the books, watched the extended versions of all the movies, complained about the Amazon show online, the whole shebang. I visited New Zealand (in February 2020, just before everything went to hell) and I went on a tour of the place where they filmed all the Shire scenes in both trilogies - they not only left the sets intact, they actually have caretakers to look after all the plants and flowers (and surrounding wild animals) and there's a functioning pub. I got my pictures taken everywhere and was the one guy who enthusiastically (and obnoxiously) answered every trivia question asked. That was a good day. So yeah anyway I love LOTR and even as the Hobbit movies were unwatchable (literally – the high frame rate made me dizzy) I am firm in my belief that Martin Freeman is an international treasure that can do no wrong and that (plus me having read Hobbit before LOTR, probably) made me a Bilbo fanboy for life. Hope the jolly chap makes it into the fighting game to honor the grandfather of every halfling rogue ever.

Noms: Ash Williams

Last edited:

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Bilbo

Chances - 15%
-I don’t think he’s the most likely rep for the LOTR franchise. Frodo, Gandalf, and Legolas all have priority over him IMO.
Want - 40%
-I wouldn’t mind him getting in, but I’d prefer Frodo or Gandalf making it in first.

Beetlejuice
Chances - 40%
-His film in a classic, and I could easily see him making it in. However, he’s very similar to the Joker, and the latter is pretty much guaranteed to make the cut. I could see him in the top 100 characters, but the top 50 may be a stretch.
Want - 50%
-He’d be very fun to play as but he’s hardly my most wanted character.

Noms: AEW x5

KillerCage

Smash Master
Up for an adventure Bilbo Baggins?

Chances- 20%

Bilbo's chances are really dependent on if Gandalf makes. Gandalf was mentioned in the earliest leak for MultiVerses. That same leaker revealed that Gandalf ran into some legal trouble with the Tolkien estate. If that is true, then Bilbo's doomed. If Gandalf can't make it into MultiVerses, then neither can Bilbo.

Want- 60%

I grew up with the Lord of the Rings films. I also grew up reading the Hobbit. That said, the Hobbit films were mixed for me. I think the second film was the best, but it didn't need to be a trilogy. I'm also not sure what Bilbo can bring to the table. If he does make it into MultiVerses, I wouldn't mind it.

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!

Chances- 35%

I think Beetlejuice has a shot at getting into MultiVerses. There already cult classic characters in the roster such as the Iron Giant (and the likely to be revealed Gizmo and Spike.) This is a double-edged sword though. This would mean Beetlejuice will have steep competition against other cult-classic character including those who have been announced for MultiVerses. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it.

Want- 75%

I'll be honest. I'm hit of miss when it comes to Tim Burton movies. I don't care his Batman films nor the Nightmare before Christmas. Beeltejuice, on the other hand, is a riot of fun. Besides my enjoyment of film, I believe Beetlejuice has plently of material to work with to create an unique moveset. I would be pleasantly surprised if he does make it into MultiVerses.

My noms:
Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica) x10
Sarge (Red vs Blue) x10

amageish

Smash Master
Bilbo Baggins

Chance: 30%. GoodGrief covered most of what there is to say here already, so I'll be brief-ish. Gandalf was leaked for this game before its initial announcement and he apparently has a complete moveset in the files. Barring the Tolkien estate pulling out last-minute (which is theoretically possible given their general fickleness, but seems unlikely when they didn't pull out of stuff like Space Jam 2), we're getting Gandalf... So... What's up with Bilbo?

smokes pipe "What's up, doc?"

Bilbo is the protagonist of The Hobbit and, by extension, is one of the most influential protagonists in all of fantasy literature ever. LotR, if included, will be the second biggest franchise in the game (measuring by how much money a franchise has made), second only to Batman... a feat which is kind of absurd given the relative lack of content taking place in Middle-earth relative to the amount of content taking place in Gotham. His challenge primarily comes from inter-series competition - especially as LotR is a story about a bunch of different characters of different fantasy races coming together and standing side-by-side, which makes there a lot of potential for them prioritizing other characters over the hobbit himself...

And that's kind of what the crossover history shows too? Gandalf and Sauron have made the rounds through several Warner projects (most of which also happen to be made out of LEGO), but they don't always bring the hobbits with them. Heck, LEGO Dimensions had Gandalf in its base roster, but it was Gollum, Legolas, Gimli, and Shelob (sort of, not directly as a playable character) who made the cut over Bilbo or Frodo as additional characters for the game...

Given LEGO Batman knowing Wyldstyle well already, this starter pack was really making Gandalf play the third wheel...

So, yeah... Bilbo makes sense and I'm confidant LotR will continue to get content, but I'm not particularly confident in Bilbo himself making the cut.

Want: 95%. Oh, I'm a big Tolkien fan! Like, I've read all the main books. I've read a couple volumes of The History of Middle-earth, though not all of it. I've read most of Tolkien's published letters and "On Fairy-Stories" is one of my favourite essays I have ever read. I have done Tolkien Studies at University (if the last three sentences didn't make that one obvious). This is a franchise I have spent many many many hours in. It's also not one I feel particularly protective of - this is the kind of thing I really think should be public domain by now, with all the weird adaptations and high-budget fanfiction that this would entail. Oh, and, uh, I have not watched any of The Hobbit films all the way through?

I have spent more time with these LEGO hobbits then those live-action ones.

So... Yeah... I'd enjoy seeing Bilbo, but can't say I'd feel any particular connection to the incarnation they'd be using. He'd also hardly be my most-wanted character among the Middle-earth gang.

Betelgeuse

Chance: 80%. Okay, so, this is another character mentioned in the files, but beyond that... Beetlejuice is another Warner mainstay, showing up in all the usual places. As GoodGrief has mentioned, there's a sequel in the works and it generally seems like this franchise is not going to say dead for long (how meta, I suppose?). He also has a lot of moveset potential, even if it'd likely be similar to the other cartoon slapstick characters who can really do whatever the hell they want to do.

IT'S SHOWTIME, EVERYONE!

In terms of crossover history: Beetlejuice has been in all the places you'd expect a Warner IP to be: The LEGO Movie 2, LEGO Dimensions, Space Jam 2, etc... It has also gotten a crossover episode of Teen Titans Go!, which is honestly... kind of weird? Like, this makes the TTG! crossover history PowerPuff Girls (which makes sense), Scooby-Doo (also makes sense), Lion-O (we'll get to that on his day, but it makes sense to me), and the Broadway musical version of Beetlejuice... Sure, I guess!

Oh, and this is an actual TTG crossover, as opposed to the new Super Hero Girls x Teen Titans Go movie.

Oh, and speaking of that musical adaptation, it leans relatively hard into how Beetlejuice is, um, a terrible person. Like, it explicitly compares Beetlejuice to the protagonist of Lolita. It does, however, also kind of lean into him being a Deadpool-esque snarker and fourth wall breaker - and this version of him is also explicitly queer, for whatever that's worth... Given how popular this is with people (including me), I'm not too worried about Beetlejuice's many crimes stopping him from getting into a crossover game like this.

Diversity win! This man who wants to marry a literal child sexually harasses men, women, and enbies in equal numbers!

So, all in all, I'm pretty confidant in old Betelgeuse here. He has a strong legacy + a pretty decent present + a supposedly-bright future. We'll see what happens, but I'm giving pretty good odds!

Want: 100%. Yeah, I'm down with this one. Lots of cool alts and throwback potential. Plus it'd be fun to see him interact with everyone, especially the Scooby gang. I'd hope he wouldn't be too Deadpooly in terms of the dialogue though.

Noms: All on Pinkie Pie

D

Deleted member

Chance- 15%
The Tolkien verse is gonna show up here eventually. Its such a huge part of WB's catalogue and we know Gandalf and Legolas have leaked. Leaks can always change obviously, but were bond to get some form of LOTR rep in this game. It usually shows up. The LOTR game rights are apparently in a werid place right now, but Gandalf seems far enough along that i dont think there is any need to worry. But I don't know if Bilbo would be chosen. They tend to skip the Hobbits. Lego Dimensions had Gimli and Gollum in addition to the previously mentioned Gandalf and Legolas. I could see something similar here, and there are also characters like Aragon and Sauron. Though I doubt we get that many LOTR reps. Even in the realm of Hobbits Blibo faces competition from his cousin Frodo. There's also the question if they treat it as the whole universe, or just pull content from LOTR. Blibo is a pretty iconic character, and but he has factors going against him

Want - 20%
I like Blibo but there are other Tolkien characters I want more. I definitely wouldn't be mad about his inclusion. He's a fun character.

Showtime

Chance - 80%
For a cult film from the 80s, Beetlejucie (or rather, Betelgeuse) has made a fair few appearances over the years. He's in Lego Dimensions, he met the Teen Titans (for some reason), he has an extremely well received (and way better than it has any right to be!) stage musical. Beetlejucie seems exactly like the type of character the devs would be interested in. The sequal is apparently in development, though it has been for years. For an undead criminal who tries to marry a teenage girl, the guy sure shows up a lot. I think he's pretty likely.

Want - 90%
Love this movie and the stage musical is great. Betelgeuse is such a fun character and he could have an amazing moveset. Being a ghost means that there's a lot they can do, and he's gross out in a not top off putting way. I'm up for it.

Noms to Gandalf (how fitting) and Sub-Zero

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Baggins...that's all. I just like saying it.

I don't think MIddle-Earth needs to be explained....or at least explained more than what was mentioned above. It's a legendary, coveted franchise that warrants multiple characters. Now we know that a certain someone was leaked in the initial roster leak and apparently has a full moveset? But how about a second rep? There are several fan favorites to choose from, though Bilbo has a strong case with him being the protagonist of the Hobbit trilogy and is a supporting character in the LOTR films. Really I think this could go in different directions.

Want: 90%

This whole franchise is just spectacular. There is not much I can add. I enjoy the music, the magic of it all, and the grand scale. Bilbo is a great character and one of many that I would be happy to see in the game.

I don't have anything for this one.

Chance: 80%

Putting aside the fact that
he got leaked
, he is just likely in general. Beetlejuice is a quintessential 80s movie with the classic Tim Burton vibe and the dark humor. And as mentioned above Warner Bros likes to mention him a lot, plus there is supposedly a sequel in the works. I do get the concern with some of the aspects of his character that could make him controversial, but if Warner Bros was afraid of garnering controversy they wouldn't reference him at all. They just need to stick with the imaginative and wise cracking parts of his persona and they are golden.

Want: 80%

Again, what can I say? Beetlejuice is a wildly creative movie with a lot of imagination. Of course I want him in with his wacky moveset potential and golden opportunities to interact with the MultiVersus cast.

Noms:
Pennywise x5
Yang x5

Day over.

Rate Concept: Rampage rep, as well as Lion-O from Thundercats.

Some videos to get into the mood to turn into a giant monster and cause a rampage!

And here are some videos to get into the 80's mood:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Rampage, the game (and movie) with the knockoff kaiju!

I do not have a solid understanding of the chances of a Rampage rep. For that I'll be abstaining from giving a chance score. This also applies to the want score. Will Lion-O buck this trend?

Hear the roar of Lion-O, leader of the Thundercats!

Sorry to disappoint, but I have abstain from giving a chance score for Lion-O. If I did give a score, it would be a low rating. I get the impression that outside of the original cartoon, the Thundercats brand has not done well. The reboot was poor marketed and Thundercats ROAR doesn't exist (at least that Thundercats fan wish to believe.) As for my want score...

Want- 56%

I don't have much of any attachment to the Thundercats brand. So why am I giving a slightly positive rating. From what little I saw of it, I enjoyed the Thundercats reboot. I can even see the moveset potential for Lion-O. He can work as MultiVerses' version of Shulk. Therefore I wouldn't mind if he makes it into the game.

My noms:
Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica) x5
Sarge (Red vs Blue) x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
We need more games like this.

Chance: 25%

Rampage is a video game series introduced in 1986 where it hit the arcades first. It had the player choose either George the ape, Lizzy the reptile, or Ralph the wolf. These monsters were originally people until experiments caused them to mutate and go on a rampage. The Rampage series is all about knocking buildings down, usually done by climbing on them and punching holes in them which will often reveal items. Meanwhile the military will come and try to stop you and you can destroy them too. Rampage excels at making you feel like a monster wrecking havoc. The buildings crumble with satisfying visuals and you can eat people while they are in buildings. It's one of those rare games where kaiju fans can live out their dreams of acting out a giant monster movie.

The first Rampage was successful enough to get multiple sequels. While the newest mainline game was in 2006, there was a blockbuster movie released in 2018 that featured Dwayne Johnson and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. The film did fairly well and Warner Bros has said that they want a sequel, though right now it's in limbo due to them focusing on other projects. And yes, Warner Bros is involved with Rampage, in fact they own it since they obtained the rights to Midway's properties when they filed for bankruptcy.

So now that we know where the franchise stands, let's discuss who the rep would be. Now most people would jump straight to George. He makes a lot of sense right? He was practically the duo protagonist of the film and is generally the face of the series. Well the issue with him is that he's basically just a giant ape....and it just so happens that Warner Bros has ties to another giant ape. Yep I'm talking about Kong. While Warner Bros does fully own George compared to Kong who might have some legal complications (Don't quote me on that though), Kong is still a lot more famous and is probably the most iconic giant monster of all time so yeah he would likely take priority.

However, this is why I thought ahead and nominated the general concept of a Rampage rep rather than just George. If the MultiVersus devs wanted to represent Rampage but perhaps hit a road block when it comes to making George stand out from the strong candidate known as Kong, they could feasibly add Lizzie or Ralph instead. After all they were there from the very beginning with George and were featured in the film too.

Of course this is all assuming that giant monsters can be shrunken down to work in this game. People brought up good arguments for Godzilla on his day such as bringing up commercials of him being human-sized or the fact that as long as he is the biggest character in the game, he could work. These arguments could be made for Rampage's characters as well. The only concern I have left is in regards to how they would represent the idea of Rampage in a fighter, that it's all about destruction. But so far the devs have been creative with characters like Velma so I'm sure the devs can think of some moves such as the monster throwing tanks, wacking the enemies with lamp posts, maybe including a building somewhere in their moveset where the monster topples it or pushes it over.

Want: 95%

You all know me by now. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. Watching giant monsters destroy buildings and making the army look weak is my cup of tea. I have fond memories of playing Total Destruction on the PS2 and I dig the monster designs. I know they would choose one of the main three, but Total Destruction also had many memorable monsters that I would like to see too. The roster includes a giant cyclops, spider, Armadillo, cobra snake, crocodile, and even a walking shark.

Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats!!

Thundercats is up there with the likes of He-Man and Transformers as one of the greats of 80's cartoons. It's a pretty iconic series and Lion-O has had a few crossovers. He has fought Superman in a comic once and there is the obligatory Space Jam cameo. But what holds Lion-O back is he has had some bad luck in recent years. He had two new series in 2011 and 2020 respectively and neither of them got past 1 season. Ouch. So while Lion-O has some merits, it seems like he's struggling to survive in the modern age for whatever reason and that may or may not make Warner Bros think twice before adding him.

To be honest I haven't watched Thundercats yet. Most of my knowledge comes from the Death Battle episode but even then I enjoy these cheesy 80's cartoons like He-Man which I started to view recently. There is also his claw shield and his Sword of Omens which can fire bolts of energy and has the very 80's named "sight beyond sight" ability. Overall he's brimming with charm.

Noms:
Sub-Zero x5
Pennywise x5
Luffy x5
Steve Urkel x5

Calcs coming soonish

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
20 kill streak in Halo

Chance: 15%

A lot of Midway IPs are lesser known and not too popular but I'd give Rampage an edge in that it got a movie starring Dwayne The Rock Johnson and it was okay for what it is from what I recall. It's giant monsters beating each other up, if you like that it's more than good enough. It also did decently well at the box office too so I could see some degree of interest. Now the issue I can see coming up is that George and Lizzie may be deemed too similar to Kong and Godzilla who are also on the table and have way more going for them. On one hand I can see it at a glance but I think digging deeper you could give Kong his axe from the recent Godzilla v Kong film and give both George and Lizzie stuff referencing the games like primarily focusing on destroying buildings and vehicles in their attacks as opposed to Kong's axe or Godzilla's nuclear abilities and gravity defiance. There's also the matter of the movie taking liberties with Lizzie and just making her a big crocodile as opposed to a store brand Godzilla. It might still be a thing that holds them back somewhat but I think the devs could see past it.

Want: 70%

They'd be cool to have, giant monsters are always fun and it's a good way to have a set of giant characters that aren't just the Monsterverse featuring Iron Giant. Rampage is also a series I have vague memories of, it was fun to jut mess around in so I'd like for them to get another go at it in a game.

Thundercats Hooooooooooooooo

Chance: 30%

Thundercats is a classic series in the vein of He-Man, Transformers and GI Joe but unlike the former two it's struggled to get a modern foothold. The 2011 reboot flopped and fans ravaged Roar so I can see some hesitation at giving the series a presence. However there is a very heavy nostalgia for it and Multiversus seems to be wanting to cover many different eras and fanbases as possible so I could see it coming on the radar. I wouldn't count it out but it's low on the pole for sure.

I loved the reboot series in 2011 and there's a ton of charm all around. Plus he'd have some cool moves that I'd love to see get translated over and there'd be some fun interactions for sure.

Noms:
Half on Blake Belladonna
Half on He-Man

amageish

Smash Master
Concept: Rampage Representative

Chance: 20%. Let's take a time machine back to the 80s, where arcades were popular and were not primarily glorified casinos targeting a child audience... You got a lot of games with simple premises and a focus on trying to get the highest score. Midway Arcade produced a lot of these, one of which was Rampage - a game about humans being turned into giant monsters and deciding to let out their pent-up aggression by destroying a city (not exactly subtle in its inspiration from monster movies).

I do hate it when I wake up and find I've accidentally turned into a legally-distinct King Kong... Always such a burden!

The game was pretty successful, spawning several sequels and a movie adaptation that brought the monster-movie influence full circle. It has since gotten all the usual things you'd expect to see a successful arcade game to get - a lot of merchandise, ports, and miniature arcade cabinets you can impulse-buy while in line at Wal-Mart. It's a classic and I'm sure people have a lot of nostalgia for it.

In terms of crossover history, Midway Arcade as a whole got a sub-world in Lego Dimensions, which featured Rampage City with its three animal inhabitants. Unfortunately, the playable character was not one of them, nor was it Tapper or any other Midway Arcade icon, instead... being... "Gamer Kid."

I feel like Gamer Kid has told at least one person that they aren't a "real gamer" due to not playing the specific subgenres Gamer Kid enjoys.

Okay... Otherwise, Rampage is frequently included in arcade compilations, if you count those as "crossovers." Again, it's an arcade staple...

Now, in terms of Multiversus specifically, I think DanganZilla hits the nail on the head about Kong being the ape in the room here. That said, there's plenty of room for other monsters on the roster and I could see this game wanting to tap into Warner's retro gaming library with an IP like Rampage... though I could also see them taking a Lego-Dimension-y route with a Game-and-Watch-style character that fuses the powers of multiple characters from Midway's line-up instead of just picking one game in particular...

Want: 75%. Yeah, retro gaming reps would be fun! I'll be honest and say I completely forgot that Rampage (2018) was based on the arcade game until yesterday, but I would enjoy seeing it in the game nonetheless. Not my favourite pick of Warner's gaming library, but still. It'd be a fun choice.

Lion-O

Chance: 51%. Thundercats is a staple of "TV shows that primarily exist to sell you toys," one of the most popular genres of cartoons of its era. It's iconic, long-standing, and is one of those IPs a lot of people have heard of and can quote the famous catchphrases from even if they haven't watched any of the show. It definitely has its place in pop culture!

Thunder, Thunder, Thunder...

Problem is, as everyone else has mentioned, Thundercats has really struggled to keep up its relevance relative to He-Man, She-Ra, Transformers, GI Joe, and... really most shows based around toys. While most of those shows have been continuing to get reboots and remakes (some even getting multiple ongoing ones at once), Thundercats... has had two series that fizzled out after one season, a movie that failed to get off of the ground, and a brief DC comics series... It is supposedly getting another shot at a live-action movie, but Warner has dropped so many projects that I feel like I can't trust them until we actually see a trailer lol.

In terms of crossover history, Thundercats has had three pretty notable comic book crossovers: one with Gatchaman, one with Superman, and one with He-Man.

They really do like their "-man" suffix crossovers, I guess...

Lion-O also did appear in Space Jam 2 (unsurprisingly) and there is an episode of Teen Titans Go! dedicated to addressing the backlash towards the most recent Thundercats reboot - an episode that I'm guessing aged pretty poorly given that Thundercats was cancelled after one season (TTG!, meanwhile, is seemingly immortal and will never die - no matter how many episodes they make entire dedicated to baiting YouTubers into making videos about how their show is bad).

Fandom misery begets company, I guess.

That said, in spite of all of this... I feel like Lion-O is fairly likely? Probably not near launch, but Lion-O is still from an era people have nostalgia for and this is prime Fortnite-style "Target the nostalgic parents of the kid playing your game in the hopes that you will encourage (i) inter-generational bonding and (ii) parents giving their kid their credit card info" real estate. With time, I think this is more likely then not... provided the game stays focused on Warner IPs, of course.

Want: Abstain. I never watched any of the Lion-O shows as a kid and the only vehicle-for-selling-toys show I ever got into was She-Ra... I wouldn't be opposed to the inclusion, but I also just don't care...

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Bilbo Baggins
Want: 67.5%

Beetlejuice
Chance: 59.17%
Want: 82.5%

Noms List

75-99

50-74

25-49
Knight & Ostrich x40
King Kong x40
Ash Williams x40
Homura Akemi x40
Jessica Cruz x35
Raven x35
Pinkie Pie x35
Concept: Yu-Gi-Oh rep x31
Blake Belladonna x30
All Elite Wrestling rep x28
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
Yang Xiao Long x24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Steve Urkel x20
Sam Spade x20
Gandalf x20
Pennywise x20
Audrey II x17
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Monkey D. Luffy x10
Sarge (R vs B) x10
Sub-Zero x10
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Rampage
Chance - 20%
This is a fairly obscure series and I don’t think the film did many favors to the brand.
Want - 10%
Don’t care

Lion-O
Chance - 30%
Thundercats is hardly an essential WB brand and because of that I can’t see Lion-O in.
Want - 10%
Once again. I have zero attachment to the brand.

putting all my noms in on AEW again.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Rampage
Chance - 20%
This is a fairly obscure series and I don’t think the film did many favors to the brand.
Want - 10%
Don’t care

Lion-O
Chance - 30%
Thundercats is hardly an essential WB brand and because of that I can’t see Lion-O in.
Want - 10%
Once again. I have zero attachment to the brand.

putting all my noms in on AEW again.
Keep in mind that you need at least two sentences for your chance and want scores for them to count.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Rampage

Chance: 12%
Rampage is a classic Midway arcade game where you play as knockoff Kong, knockoff Godzilla and a giant wolf (knockoff... Wolflar?) destroying buildings. It's good, and must have munched a lot of quarters because it became a series. As for how it was treated under Warner, well it stuck around for longer than most Western arcade franchises did (that's gotta count for something) and gets the requisite amount of cameos, references and rereleases. And the movie starring Dwayne "I'll act in anything as long as I'm in the jungle" Johnson can't be forgotten, as it turned a profit and was considered highly watchable. It could get a sequel too but since WB is invested in the MonsterVerse, who knows? (Now that I think about it they should totally bring Rampage into the MonsterVerse. Pacific Rim too)

The game is beloved and more or less known to the point where it's not that much of a stretch to assume it'll get a rep down the line. However the main obstacle in its way is the extremely high likelihood that Godzilla and King Kong get in. WB is involved in both franchises, outright owning Kong, they're both highly demanded, obvious picks for a crossover, and with Iron Giant we know big fighters aren't a problem. So if the (blatant) inspirations behind George and Lizzie are in, does it even make sense to include them (beyond, I guess, a color swap representing them)?

I guess by default this means the go-to rep is Ralph. There are other monsters in the series (Total Destruction has 40 playable monsters) but since the original is the best known game (and what the movie was based on) that's what they'll probably stick to. I also remember Ralph could fly in the movie? So, uh, you know, moveset potential!

This is the paragraph I was going to write about why a potential franchise rep could be The Rock's character from the movie, called... checks notes Davis Okoye.

This guy.

The argument would've been that he's an easy excuse to include Dwayne Johnson in the game. Then my YouTube feed recommended the trailer for the DCEU movie Black Adam starring Dwayne The Rock Johnson and my argument went down the drain.

I like Kaiju and I like Rampage. It's fun.

---

He-Man's fursona

Chance: 50%
Thundercats was a cartoon made to sell toys. Let's not kid ourselves. It was probably great and a lot of fun, but that was the goal. It worked a little too well because now Thundercats has a dedicated fandom that is woefully underserved. It had a very well received reboot in 2011 that nobody watched and then a reviled reboot for the Teen Titans Go audience that also nobody watched. It's a brand that a lot of people are protective of, but also I don't think all those people watch it? Since, you know, they got exactly what they wanted with Thundercats 2011, and they didn't watch it.

Regardless! Famous brand, fantasy world with lots of characters, combat, action, drama, high stakes, and animal people. This is a valuable IP with franchise and merch potential. (This is me thinking like a WB exec)

Sure enough a movie is in the works with Godzilla vs Kong director Adam Wingard attached (lotta MonsterVerse connections today huh?) And, yeah, maybe that iteration doesn't end up happening, but eventually they'll do something with the IP, so it makes sense to keep it relevant in the minds of consumers everywhere.

As for Lion-O, he's the protagonist, he has the cool sword and some sweet battle moves... Sure. He makes sense as the rep. Maybe they want to mix it up and do Mumm-Ra or Cheetara instead... Or maybe they don't.

I think the above came off as overly cynical, but I've just had a long day. Truth is I really like what I've seen of Thundercats and it's something I'd like to give a shot someday. And, yeah, cool space prince catman with magic sword, that's a cool fighting game character right there.

Noms: concept: Pacific Rim fighter

D

Deleted member

Chance - 15%
They got a whole world in Lego Dimensions and often get referenced. There was even a Spy Hunter X Paper Boy crossover comic of all things. Rampage is one of the more well known one. There was a movie! Starring the Rock! The IP often gets referenced. However the big issue is two of the main monsters are just parodies of Godilla and Kong... and we're very likely to get Godzilla and Kong in this game. Its definitely possible they could find ways to make them stand apart from the legendry kajiu, but I'm not sure it would be the focus. Another issue is that MK is allways the first Midway IP chosen, though it's treated very much as it's own thing these days. I could see some form of stage or assist character from the series.

Want - 50%
Sure. Big monsters are always cool. I've played a little of the orignal game and it's fun for what it is. The Rock movie is a slightly forgettable but still pretty fun action adventure film. They're not characters I have a huge attachment for but you could do a fun moveset based around creating and then destroying buildings.

Chance - 35%
Thundercats is a classic and well liked 80s IP, but I get the impression WB have never known quite what to do with it. There was a pretty good reboot in the early 2010s that got canned after one season, and then the badly received teen titans go inspired comedy reboot that was also canned after one season. A live action film has been in some form of development for ages, and was being talked about as recently as march of lash year, so it's seemingly still on the cards. Thundercats has had a rough time of it as a franchise, but it's still a well liked 80s cartoon I could see them dipping into. Lion-O is the main character and most likely pick but its possible they go for a popular character like Cheetara.

Want - 80%
Sure. My mom liked this show when she was growing up so I was exposed to it via old VHS's. It's an 80s cartoon made to sell toys, like He-Man or Transformers, but it's pretty fun, with great character designs and a cool setting. The short lived 2011 reboot was pretty good. There are characters I like more, such as Cheetara or Phantro, but Lion-O is still a really good pick.

Noms to Sub-Zero and the Animaniacs

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Agent Washington from Red vs Blue, as well as John Constantine from the DC Comics.

Some videos to get into the mood to watch a bunch of warriors goof off:

And here are some videos to get into the occult investigation mood:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
420 Hellblaze It
(yes that is the best joke I could come up, I'm sorry)

Chance: 66%
John Constantine (pronounced Constan-tyne) also known as Hellblazer, is a character from DC Comics, and perhaps the de facto lead of their supernatural/occult corner. A smoking, cynical occult detective from Liverpool, Constantine debuted in Swamp Thing before going on to get his own series, Hellblazer (which was the longest ongoing series ever for DC's Vertigo imprint). Constantine isn't known for crossing over much with the rest of the DC Universe, sticking more closely to his Vertigo brethren like Swamp Thing or The Sandman (where he plays a major role). He does, however, have a famous romantic partner in previous ratee Zatanna, and as of the New 52, leads the Justice League Dark team.

Constantine is the definition of cool, so it's no surprise that he got hella popular, with his comic book being highly successful. Therefore, there had to be a movie. Constantine, starring Keanu Reeves, was a mixed bag. The movie was very cool, like you'd expect from anything starring the Hellblazer, but it suffered from the typical 2000s superhero movie blandness. The many, many changes to the character and lore made it controversial with fans (to the point where this American Constan-teen was actually turned into a canon, separate character in the DC Universe). Taken on its own, it's a very entertaining movie, and the combo of dissatisfied fans and curious newcomers who now know about this Constantine fellow led to him being mainstream level marketable. Once you're mainstream, the powers that be never stop trying to make you the Next Big Thing.

What came next for Constantine? A short lived live action series that was a cult classic and became retroactively canonical to the Arrowverse (with star Matt Ryan reprising his role); several appearances in DC's trove of animated adaptations (many also voiced by Matt Ryan); videogame roles, including DC Universe Online, Lego DC Super Villains, Scribblenauts Unmasked, and a planned playable role in Injustice 2; and an upcoming part in the DCEU, including his own show and a Justice League Dark show in which he's expected to appear, both produced by JJ Abrams for HBO Max. He, or rather, a gender-swapped version of him, is set to appear in this year's Sandman show for Netflix (while Johanna Constantine, his ancestor, is a character in the comics, it has been confirmed that the present day Constantine will also be named Johanna, fulfilling John's original role. It has been suggested that this is so that John can be saved for his DCEU introduction)

So, a big resume! Popularity, lots of appearances, insane moveset potential with all the spells and occult artifacts he could use, he seems like a matter of time. Only things working against him are competition from other DC characters, and specifically Zatanna and Swamp Thing, who are also highly popular characters from the occult corner of DC. But he'll probably make it at some point (and Matt Ryan will voice him).

As said in my Zatanna rating:
GoodGrief the really cool guy with great opinions said:
The occult side of DC is by far my favorite. Swamp Thing is my single favorite DC character, and the likes of Zatanna, Constantine, Etrigan, and Dr. Fate aren't far behind. I just love a spooky comic book, whether it be weird transcendental stuff like Swamp Thing or Sandman, or just pulpy goodness like your Tombs of Dracula or Werewolves by Night. I've been waiting for years for any JLD project to get off the ground as they deserve to be made for the big screen (it was a major loss for filmdom that Del Toro's project was never made).
Constantine himself is the definition of badass, this kooky combination of hardboiled detective, punk rock, pulp horror, awesomeness. A combo of so many things I like that shouldn't work yet does, insanely well. So I'd absolutely love to see him in MultiVersus.

Abstain on the other guy because I never saw Red vs Blue

Edit: I remembered that we already rated a RvB character and since the specific character is immaterial to the series' chances I'll just quote myself

GoodGrief the Ancient said:
Pokemon Red and Blue

Chance: 0%
Sure, Rooster Teeth might own the RvB IP, in the sense that they own the character names and personalities and the original videos. But it's still a machinima, so to visually represent the characters in a commercial product you need to pay Microsoft. Microsoft isn't likely to charge a low price for what is basically palette swap Master Chief, and that's if they even allow it. After all, homeboys are campaigning for him in Smash, a much more prestigious institution, and they might see an appearance in this as detrimental to that. Plus, would WB even care about RvB? It's one thing to promote the obviously marketable RWBY; it's another for the very old-school (outdated?) format of machinimas that has nothing to offer commercially because it would violate fair use.

Want: abstain
I watched some of these back in the day but I didn't think they were anything special
Noms: Pacific Rim fighter

Last edited:

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Agent Washington
-Chance: 5%
Red vs. Blue is not a property I expect to see in the franchise. It is very low priority and since it’s essentially a Halo Machinima it might be needing Microsoft’s approval to get in. Also for Rooster teeth, I don’t see RvB getting in before RWBY.
-Want: 10%
I don’t think I have ever seen Red vs. Blue. I don’t have any desire to see Washington get in.

-Constantine
Chance: 10%
-Constantine is not a high priority DC character despite prominence in some live action adaptations. The only DC characters I think have a good shot of making it in are most of the remaining major heroes (Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, maybe Shazam) and the Joker. Constantine is way below them.
Want: 20%
-Like Washington, Constantine is not a character I’d complain if they got in. However he’s not exactly someone I’m itching to see.

All nominations on AEW.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Agent Washington

Chance: 8%. My opinion of this is more or less going to be a copy-paste from the last Red vs Blue rating we did, so I'll be brief. Red vs Blue is clearly fair use as a parody of Halo, but I think putting them into Multiversus would probably be crossing the "Microsoft wouldn't sue over this" line. So, this is really a question of if Multiversus will get official Halo content - which could come with Red vs Blue content as well, given how they've already done that in a big crossover collab before...

This was at The Game Awards! Good timing given that today was Summer Game Fest...

And, in that regard, I think Halo content is at least somewhat plausible. I'll bump my score slightly up from last time as the game's profile has increased somewhat and there's more evidence suggesting non-Warner characters will be serious contenders for the game.

Want: Abstain. I've seen a fair amount of Rooster Teeth stuff, but never got invested in this particular series...

Constantine

Chance: 51%. Yeah, I think this one is more likely then not. GoodGrief covered most of the reasons why already, but the dude really just appears in all the places you'd expect a DC hero too. He's had a film; he's in the Arrowverse; he'll be coming to the DCEU; he's been in the LEGO games; he's in the DC animated movie universe; a variant of his is appearing in Netflix's take on Neil Gaiman's Sandman; and, most importantly, he has canonically met the cast of Scooby-Doo... kind of. He doesn't physically appear, but Fred mentions talking to him after a montage of Zatanna taking them to speak to various famous magicians and sorcerers.

z.jpg

Zatanna's not in the mood to discuss her exes with the Mystery Gang, I guess...

He has strong moveset potential and a lot of options for variants through different costumes and even incarnations. I think he's fairly likely.

Want: 90%. I've never read any of his solo stuff personally, but I've always enjoyed him when he turns up in the books I do read! Definitely would enjoy seeing him in the game, even if he isn't my first choice for DC reps.

Attachments

D

Deleted member

Chance- 5%
Red Vs Blue is popular, though maybe not as much as it used to be, but it's chances of getting a character are bogged down by being based on and using designs from a series WB don't own. It's possible they could go to MS for permission to use Halo content, but I honestly wonder if at that point they'd just go for Master Cheif with some RVB alts at that point, considering they've said non WB characters are possible. I don't think MS is opppsed to RVB, they did a short recently to promote Chief coming to Fortnite, and they're not exactly gonna say no to more money, but I wonder if WB would see it as worth the trouble for something like RVB. I also think RWBY is very likely to come first when it comes to Rooster Teeth content in this game due to its popularity and the designs being fully owned by RT. I don't know RVB to know which character is which, so no real thoughts on the character himself, though I hear he's not a red or a blue and I think we'd likely get one or those consdeirnf the title.

Want - Abstain. Never seen.

Chance - 50%
For a character so unlike the rest of the DC heroes, Constantine is a weirdly prevalent character. Multiple comic runs, a Kenau Reeves movie, a short lived TV show that led into multiple major appearances in the Arrowverse , two whole animated films of his own (plus an animated short and a mini series) and further starring roles in various Justice Legaue dark animated projects, a new show is in the works at Bad Robot, and Doctor Who's Jenna Coleman is even set to play a verison of the character in the upcoming Netflix adaption of Neil Gaiman's Sandman. He's clearly a character DC like using and is farily popular. He does have moveset potential, he could use various spells, summon demons, and his tendency to trick his foes could come into play. The big issue he has is competition from other DC characters. We've 1stoll to get the likes of Flash, Aquaman and Green Lantern, among other famous DC faces. He's fairly normal looking, dispite his supernatural powers, so he may not stand out as much compared to his competition. He's also one of the major DC characters yet to appear in an Injustice game, though this isn't necessarily a knock against him, as the same applies to Static. I definitely think it's possible but there's just a lot of competition.

Want - 70%
I actually really like this character. He's such a cool concept and a simple but effective design. I'm sure they could come up with a really wild and creative moveset for the supernatural investigator.

Noms to the Animaniacs

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.

Chance: 2%

Agent Washington runs into much the same issues as Caboose. RvB is A. something that'd require the utility of dealing with Microsoft because he's a multiplayer avatar turned into a character from the Halo series and B. of a lower priority than RWBY which is both bigger and doesn't require extra consultations.

The main difference on hand with Wash is that he isn't one of the titular Reds or Blues, though he is still a major character but that's still something that'd be damning to him.

He's a pretty cool and fun character with some original ideas for him that only exist in RvB. He's also very shockingly pain resilient however if I want one of the Freelancer characters it's gonna be The Meta.

Has had intercourse with a shark monster

Chance: 60%

Constantine is an interesting case. He's generally on the smaller side for DC comics but he's also a prevalent character whether it be anything involving Justice League Dark which generally get quite a lot of attention or appearing on the side elsewhere like the upcoming Sandman adaptation or countless other shows. There's definitely a desire for him to be used so I can see him being a fair bit on the radar and he's got a sizable following all things considered. It's just that, as always with DC, there's a lot of competition though in his area it's mainly the likes of Zatanna or Dr Fate.

Constantine's also a really cool character and his attitude is amazing. It'd lead to some very fun interactions with other Multiversus characters and his potential moveset would be really interesting to see.

Noms:
Half on Blake Belladonna
Half on He-Man

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain due to barely remember the former and don't know the latter

Noms
Concept Yu Gi Oh rep- x3
Yang Xiao Long- x2

KillerCage

Smash Master
Excuse Agent Washington as he disposes this body.

Chances- 12%

I love you Wash, but you got a BIG up-hill battle. He has most of same issues as Caboose. Red vs Blue uses the Halo multiplayer for its animation (not counting RVB Zero.) That would require WB to work with Microsoft and at that point they could just ask for Master Chief. Then again both Halo and Red vs Blue showed up in Fortnite. Take at that as you will. One thing Wash has over Caboose is that Rooster Teeth still has Wash's original voice actor so he can come in to record new lines. It's not much, but it's something.

Want- 100%

I'll be honest. Agent Washington is my favorite character in Red vs Blue. If he SOMEHOW managed to get into MultiVerses, I'll be a very happy boy!

Remember that Constantine movie staring Keanu Revees?

Chances- 30%

It's another DC character. This dude works with dark magic and fights Satan! I think Constantine has too much competition from DC characters and he might be problematic with his demonic connections.

Want- 50%

I'm neutral on Constantine. I'm sure he has plenty to offer for a moveset. I just won't be thrilled if he's included.

My noms:
Sarge (Red vs Blue) x10
Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica) x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: Rampage rep
Chance: 17.4%
Want: 78%

Lion-O
Chance: 38.2%
Want: 85.2%

Noms List

75-99

50-74
Pinkie Pie x55

25-49
Homura Akemi x45
Knight & Ostrich x40
King Kong x40
Ash Williams x40
Blake Belladonna x38
Jessica Cruz x35
Raven x35
Concept: Yu-Gi-Oh rep x34
All Elite Wrestling rep x28
Yang Xiao Long x26
Wile E. Coyote x25
Pennywise x25
Steve Urkel x25
Sub-Zero x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Concept: Pacific Rim fighter x20
Sam Spade x20
Gandalf x20
Sarge (R vs B) x20
Audrey II x17
Monkey D. Luffy x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
The Animaniacs rep x10
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
He-Man x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Washington R.B

Chance: 5%

We've already talked about Red vs Blue before so I'll keep it brief. It's one of Rooster Teeth's biggest series, with it starting out as a humble !!!!post of a series before introducing some pretty cool fight scenes, dramatic weight, and even making references to the Halo lore. But there are some obstacles. First, Microsoft would have to be on board and while they aren't an issue, it's just an extra step Warner Bros needs to take. 2. RWBY is right there. 3. Washington has some heavy competition considering he isn't even one of the reds or blues. Some of the other main characters like Caboose and Sarge are more popular and since we are talking about Halo here, they might just say !!!! it and get Master Chief instead.

Want: 70%

I've watched the Red vs Blue Death Battle and some clips here and there. It's a pretty charming series, plus it's Halo at the same time which would be epic to see in MultiVersus.

John preventing Constant-hell-tine

I'm not quite as confident as other people here on his chances. Sure, he's definitely a unique entity in the DC Universe and his solo film, solid TV show, and numerous appearances in animated movies is nothing to scuff at. But I feel he hasn't gotten quite the chance to stand out as much as he needs to to be a really solid candidate. I think even compared to someone like Peacemaker, John gets trounced in popularity. Still, he is a viable candidate and I wouldn't be surprised if Warner Bros has considered him.

Want: 55%

I have to thank the people of this thread for introducing me to another DC character, again. I am fascinated by stories of supernatural investigations and from what I gathered, John Constantine would have a really fun moveset dealing with mythical objects, weapons, etc. He would be very neat.

Yang x10

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Concept: Hunter X Hunter rep, as well as Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory.

Here are some songs to get into the hunting mood, courtesy of Sari Sari .

And here are some videos to get into the mood to sabotage Dexter's experiments:

As a reminder, this is the last day of the schedule. So make those noms count. Also, I realized I didn't mentioned this before, but yes you can request to have certain videos or music be chosen for a character's day, as long as they follow SmashBoards' rules.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Hunter x Hunter rep

Chance- 25%
Although Warner Bros did distribute Hunter x Hunter. I think a Hunter x Hunter rep has a lot of competition regarding the Japanese anime category. Hunter x Hunter is a bit less popular compared to Jojo which is a big hurdle for them.

Want- 90%
Overall I do want to see a Hunter x Hunter rep since I do like the series. As long the said rep isn't Kurapika, Hisoka, nor anyone who I dislike in that series I would be fine with it.

Dexter
Chance- 49%
Dexter does have a decent shot out of the classic Cartoon Network era characters. Since he is up there in popularity among with the Powerpuff Girls. Dexter does have some competition with some characters especially if they are going for more modern ones.

Want- 25%
He is a pretty interesting character, but I am not too interested in his series. Due to that he is not really a top tier pick of mine

Noms
Concept Yu Gi Oh rep- x3
Yang Xiao Long- x2

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
HunterxHunter Rep

Chance: 0.1% - And this goes for all anime characters. For one, being distributed by Warner Media in one territory is completely irrelevant when marketting rights, especially from a Japanese franchise, and DOUBLE so for a Jump property, are all kinds of ****ed. Don't expect to see any true Japanese-created anime reps at all.

Want- 0% Sorry, but I don't care about this franchise.

Dexter
Chance: 60% - He's a Cartoon Network staple with a very timeless series. It evokes that 90s' nostalgia while still being a character CN promoted heavily as a mascot; I'd say he's next in line after PPG, Jack, and Ben.

Want: 85% - If we get all three of the aforementioned CN legends, I'd want him next.

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Why is AEW still at 28 nominations? It should be at 33 nominations. I understand that I screwed up on the Rampage/Lion-O day when I only wrote one sentence in each of the sections, but I did write enough sentences on Washington and Constantine to have gotten it counted. I should have gotten five nominations and AEW should be at 33.

Anyway,

Hunter x Hunter

Chances - 10%

Hunter x Hunter is a fairly popular anime, but I don’t think it’s the most likely one to get in. From what I understand, its main connection to Warner Bros. Is that Warner Home Video distributed the DVD rights and that it aired on Adult Swim and Toonami. However, that does not mean that they own the rights to the franchise, which are solely in the hands of Shueisha. There are a lot more popular Anime franchises, like Dragon Ball, Naruto, JoJo, that have ties to Toonami, and I do think they’d go with an iconic name first. Also, Jump characters have their own fighting games already and it’s doubtful that Shueisha will be wanting to license them to MultiVersus anyway.

If a Hunter x Hunter character got in, it’d almost certainly be Gon. But he’s nowhere near as popular of a character as Goku, Naruto, or Luffy. Heck I think he’s less popular right now than Deku, another “boy in green” from a Jump property that aired on Toonami. Anyways, I do think that this franchise is definitely a long shot and is fairly low on the anime totem pole. There are just a lot more characters more likely to fly the flag for anime than Gon.

Want - 20%

Hunter x Hunter is definitely not an anime I really care about that much. I have always had an attachment more to bigger names like Dragon Ball and Naruto and I’d be more interested in seeing them in the game. That being sad, Gon is not a character who I’d complain if he got in, though I’d definitely prefer Goku.

Dexter

Chances - 50%

Dexter’s Laboratory was one of Cartoon Network’s biggest hits, and other than the Powerpuff Girls, is arguably the flagship series of CN’s 1990s output. I think that the PPG are still more iconic in that regard and will probably get in before Dexter, but if there is a second rep from the era it’s probably him. If Dexter got a reboot series or any new media like PPG did though I’d feel more confident about him.

However, Dexter also has competitions from other eras of CN. Of the early 2000s era, Samurai Jack seems like the one most likely to get in, given it’s the one with the most prominence nowadays, but Courage and the Eds seem to be also highly in demand. The later 2000s seem like list to be repped by Ben 10, as it’s the flagship show of the era and CN’s most enduring franchise overall. And for the 2010s we have Adventure Time and Steven Universe in, with Regular Show and Gumball rounding out the “big four” of the era.

I imagine we’ll get around 6 series repped for CN, with two from each decade. Given that Dexter’s in second place with the 1990s, he might be right at the front doorstep of MultiVersus. But maybe 6 series might be a little too high and he might fall just short. And honestly, maybe Warner is only interested in promoting the modern CN series over the ancient ones.

Want - 70%

I really enjoyed Dexter’s Lab growing up. I don’t think I watched it as much as PPG but I do think that Dexter would be a fun addition. I’d love to see classic CN franchises repped in the game and I do think that Dexter’s Lab is definitely deserving of a spot on the roster.

This was my first really long post. I think I did get over ten sentences for both, which should give me twenty nominations.

Assuming I have 20 I’d like to put them all into AEW. If not then I’d like to put in as many as I have.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Hunter x Hunter Representative

Chance: 8%. Hunter x Hunter is another successful IP from the fine folks at Shonen Jump. The challenge, as most others have also identified, is that when you begin negotiations with Shonen Jump you're probably going to go right for the bigger fish - your Dragon Balls, your JoJos, your One Pieces, etc. - before Hunter x Hunter, especially as the Warner connections apply to a lot of those franchises too. That said, there are definitely unique moveset and aesthetic benefits to go from Hunter x Hunter! It's always possible the developers will have a special affinity to the IP as well... but my impulse is it isn't that likely...

I am very tired as I write this, so I picked the gif that spoke to me on an emotional level...

We have had a Hunter x (Monster) Hunter collaboration, which is very good brand synergy if nothing else!

This is a very funny collab and a very solid design choice.

Then there's also the sorts of mobile game collabs you'd expect from an IP like this. Time to fight monsters and also hope you get lucky with the gacha system, everyone...

I feel like I redownload Puzzles & Dragons to play for exactly one event and stop again every year or so... It's a fine enough time.

Additionally, this is another Shonen Jump character and so we once again run into the "Does Namco have to be involved?" problem as I cannot for the life of me find a definitive source on if Namco owns the video game rights to Shonen Jump as a whole anywhere online... People say it, but I lack the investigation skills to figure out if it is actually true... Sorry about that...

Want: Abstain. I've seen a couple episodes of this at a friend's place, but not enough to meaningfully having an opinion.

Dexter

Chance: 75%. Dexter's another 90s CN show, so this rating will be a song and dance regulars to this form and my posts will be familiar with... Dexter is a popular request. People have nostalgia for his show. 90s nostalgia is generally incredibly popular and is considered a "safe" choice for marketing and throwbacks by big companies. He has obvious moveset potential.

The problem is there's a lot of other shows from his era... He also hasn't gotten the same level of attention as some of his peers in the modern day, lacking either a beloved continuation like Samurai Jack got nor a beloathed reboot like the Powerpuff Girls got... So he may end up out-prioritized, at least in the short term.

There is a sudden boost of Smash community meme potential for this inclusion...

In terms of crossover history, he's in all the places you'd expect him to be. He got some crossover comic books. He has been in games like Cartoon Network Racing and Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion. He briefly appeared in O.K. K.O.!. There's nowhere that he is obviously absent from, but nothing that shocking all things considered either...

1655102207624.png
1655102377438.png

I recall his PTE moveset is very Pikachu-esque? Which makes sense...

Overall, yeah, I expect he will eventually make it in, but probably not right away...

Want: Abstain. As with so many CN shows, I am objectively aware I watched this and yet all memory of watching it alludes me... Don't know how this one keeps happening to me...

Noms: I guess I'll go half on Pinkie Pie and half on Jessica Cruz? Is that a good way of meta-gaming this? I am bad at meta-gaming this sorts of things...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Health Matters x Health Matters rep

Chance: 5%

HxH has so much competition within Jump who own the series that it's not funny. You have Dragon Ball and One Piece and Naruto and Bleach and Jojo and My Hero Academia and so on. Even limiting it to WB distributing the anime adaptations JoJo would still take a lot of priority as a far more popular franchise that's more consistently active whilst Togashi is often taking breaks due to illnesses, back pains and a myriad of other reasons that are perfectly valid and fine.

Sure, I'm down. There's plenty of great characters to choose from and they all have plenty of cool and interesting abilities that I'd like to see applied in Multiversus.

Dexter of the Boy Genius variety

Chance: 80%

Dexter's a relatively older series from the 90s and early 2000s and nostalgia is something companies like trying to gun for as of recent. Beyond that Dexter's Laboratory was (and is) still pretty popular and well loved even in spite of not having a revival series though depending on who you ask, that might be a good thing. I think that, in going for the 90s/2000s era of shows Dexter would be rather high priority but that's an era with so much competition that it's hard to truly say who'd get the edge over the others though the nature of Multiversus does mean that there's many, many opportunities to show up.

I loved watching Dexter's Lab when it was running. I recall it being really entertaining and fun, there's a lot to do with all of Dexter's inventions too so I'm absolutely up for seeing Dexter get in.

Noms
Half on Blake Belladonna
Half on He-Man

Top Bottom