• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Scooby-Doo

Chance: 95%
One of the biggest omissions from the game right now. He's super iconic and we already have 2 out of the main 5 Mystery gang already. The biggest blunder to his chances would've been if he was incorporated into another character's moveset, like if Shaggy summoned him out for moves or something like that. But from what we've seen from Shaggy (and based on the leaked gameplay of Velma), Scooby doesn't appear in any of their movesets which is a big plus for him. Aside from that, Scooby has been mentioned in the files which helps him even more. So it's less of a question of will Scooby get in? and moreso when will he get in?

Want: 100%
Shaggy and Velma are cool, and I even hope we get Daphne and Fred down the line. But Scooby is just... the character you need to represent the franchise. Like I'm not even that big of a Scooby-Doo fan but just having a wacky crossover game with some of the Mystery gang but not Scooby feels weird. With him being a wacky cartoon dog he should have the same moveset potential as the rest of the Mystery Gang if not more.

-----

Abstaining on the other concept since it's very broad.

-----

Nomination:
Concept: The Impractical Jokers x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Scoob the Doob

Chance: 40%
It's a very bold and deliberate move to have your first two Scooby Doo characters not be Scooby. There's intent there. At the same time, both have strong reasons to be in (Shaggy is probably carrying the game's PR through memes alone, and Velma has her show coming up). There are also apparently files in the game related to Scooby, so there could be plans. I also don't know if Scooby (a cartoony Great Dane with no powers or special skills of his own) has great moveset potential due to his unorthodox shape or not due to his mundanity. Since the game is themed around duos, you'd think the Shaggy & Scooby tag-team to be a no-brainer, but then you'd also think they wouldn't leave a franchise with three characters, so idk. Lot of question marks here.

I mean it's not like I'm desperate to see him. I like the mutt but if he never makes it in his show's still well represented. But yeah, he's an icon, he just makes sense to have, you'd see no complaints from me. This applies to any member of the Mystery Gang btw.

The unDiscovered country

Chance: 50%
The devs have outright stated that they're not looking to limit themselves to WB stuff. We have leaks hinting that they're working on several characters with no connection to WB. At the same time, in many aspects it's out of their hands. WB is changing ownership as we speak, and the new one might have a different vision of what this game should be and promote. There's also the fact that the game isn't even out yet. We don't know the reception it'll get. Maybe it's a total flop and companies avoid it like the plague. Maybe it has more daily users than Smash and companies are lining up to get their stuff in it. I think we're still far from knowing which way this will go.

Want: 5%
If everything is possible with no rhyme nor reason, crossovers are boring. If everything is possible provided the companies involved want to sell you something, crossovers suck. In this kind of project limitations are what really sparks the imagination: if the devs come up with a moveset for a character archetype, instead of going for the most famous character that fits it, they'd have to look deep into the WB vault and fish out something surprising. That's the kinda stuff I wanna see. But I will give 5% because yeah, there's probably characters out there that would be so cool to see that I wouldn't mind it.

Noms: Cats Don't Dance rep

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Concept: Total Drama content.

Some videos to get into the mood to vote people off the island:

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID.
Day 51 - Concept: Total Drama content
Day 52 - Kuroyukihime (Accel World)
Day 53 - Weiss Schnee and Cinder Fall (RWBY Double Day)
Day 54 - Concept: Cats Don't Dance rep
Day 55 - Charles Kane (Citizen Kane)
Day 56 - Johnny Bravo
Day 57 - Juliet Starling (Lollipop Massacre) and Doomsday (DC Comics)

Surprise! Weiss and Cinder were next to each other on the noms list so I decided to combine them into a double day. That also allows us to get a couple more characters into the fixed schedule. This will make it a little easier for people to get their ideas locked down.

Calcs for Scooby-Doo and the concept are coming soonish

Noms List

75-99

50-74

25-49
The Impractical Jokers x40
Lion-O x31
John Constantine x30
Concept: Hunter X Hunter rep x30
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
All Elite Wrestling rep x23
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Audrey II x17
Steve Urkel x15
Static x15
Rampage rep x12
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Sesame Street content x10
Knight and Ostrich x10
Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory) x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Skooks
Chance: 99%
While we do already have 2 characters from the show, I don't think it really hurts his chances that much. Scooby-Doo is a pretty big franchise, and it would be weird for the title character to not make it in. Heck, I could see the entire Scooby gang being in eventually.
Scooby is awesome, of course I want him in. I wecome any and all Scooby content that gets added to this game.

Abstain the other thing.
Noms go to Dexter.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Concept: Total Drama content

Chance- 40%
Total Drama was one of Cartoon Network's staples in the recent times for sure. I think the major obstacle they have right now is competing against CN's big hitters like Ben 10 or an another Steven Universe rep for example.

Want- 0%
Total Drama is one of my least favourite shows on Cartoon Network. I am not particularly interested in anything that is Total Drama related.

Noms
Concept Yu Gi Oh rep- x4
Yang Xiao Long- x1

amageish

Smash Master
Total Drama Content

Chance: 20%. So, Total Drama is a fairly reoccurring Cartoon Network show of the 2000s and 2010s. Beginning in 2008, this series parodied reality TV shows (as was topical at the time) and became relatively famous for its character design and relatively-boundary-pushing comedy for children's TV (for better and for worse). It developed a fandom that is basically a fictional-media-focused version of the kinds of fandoms reality shows get - so a lot of focus on character drama, what characters deserved more/less screentime, fancasts for future seasons, speculation about future winners, etc etc etc. It ran for 5 main seasons from 2008-2014, followed by a "Ridonculous Race" spin-off (which parodies the Amazing Race, instead of the Survivor-inspired style the main show operated under) in 2016, and a... Muppet-Babies-style show set in a decare? A show taking place in AU where everyone is a child? That has somehow been running since 2018...

Everything I've seen from this show is terrible. Just... very bad...

Last year, a revival series of the original reality show format show was greenlit for HBO Max. So, it's in a pretty good place, I think? As we've mentioned before 2000s nostalgia tends to be overlooked in favour of 80s and 90s, but, as I've argued before, I think the current trends are making 2000s nostalgia more and more trendy and this game is supposed to last years (at least ideally). So, yeah, it's a long-running CN show with an upcoming revival and ongoing spin-off - that's a legacy a lot of Cartoon Network shows can't claim to have, with the notable exception of the Teen Titans.

Except, of course, for the fact that it isn't a Cartoon Network show at all. THAT'S RIGHT, I'VE BEEN LYING TO YOU THIS ENTIRE WRITE-UP. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mwahahaha. What a twist, I know...

Okay, so Total Drama is actually made by FreshTV, a Canadian production studio, and was simply distributed on Cartoon Network in America... This show is very Canadian - both in the sense that the narrative takes place in Canada and in the sense that it was funded in part through a grant from the Department of Canadian Heritage. It actually premiered first on Teletoon in Canada in 2007, not 2008, and the IP would have to be licensed by Warner Bros.

However... The HBO Max thing is still true. It is WarnerMedia that is funding the revival, in spite of the creators saying back in 2018 that there wasn't any market for the reality show parody concept in an era where elimination-based serialized reality shows hold increasingly little cultural relevance... So, like, there is something Warner has money on the line for and thereby interest in promoting... but that's true

As a not-really-CN show, Total Drama also doesn't have much crossover history to speak of... It, uh, appeared in the localized version of Skatoony!, a weird game show that pitted live-action children against cartoons - with select Total Drama characters (and later Jimmy Two-Shoes characters, another Canadian cartoon) replacing OCs present in the original UK version of the show.

I have vague memories of this show and worry what will happen if I let them awaken.

Otherwise, it shares a universe with two other FreshTV shows - 6teen and Stoked - as is regularly implied by all three shows... but that's about it in terms of crossovers. Again, this isn't a true "Cartoon Network" show, just a guest artist, so it doesn't get all the fancy crossovers that comes with being CN... or at least it hasn't yet. We shall see if Multiversus breaks the trend, I suppose?

There are probably some flash games that haven't been super well-documented that involved Total Drama crossing over with other shows, but... do those count? Idk if those count... Most flash games of the era were basically just clip art slapped together, really...

Want: 70%. I nominated this, but, honestly, figuring out a want score was more complicated then I expected. As I don't care about and/or actively dislike a decent percentage of Total Drama's media empire, if we can even call it that. The early seasons suffer from the general meanness that a lot of late 2000s children's media is infected with and the later seasons suffer from the general "We're running out of ideas and so we're just adding in gimmicks" that a lot of long-running children's media is infected with. That said... I'd still enjoy playing on a Camp Wawanakwa stage. I'd enjoy the music of TD being in the game. Chris could be a fun announcer voice. I'd enjoy it if it happened, but I'm also not going to pretend this is some amazing show we need to have in the game or whatever...

Noms: All on Sweeney Todd

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So the Drama

Chance: 33%
Total Drama is a WB/Cartoon Network franchise that isn't owned by WB or Cartoon Network. It's a license from the folks up north. This adds a spin on an already questionable situation.

On the positive side, it's a veritable cash cow. The first show was a massive phenomenon (it honestly felt like it was going to start a new genre of animated reality shows at the time). The sequels and spin-offs not so much, but hey, someone must be watching them since they keep making them. The franchise is still ongoing so there's an incentive to promote it, and there's an argument to be made that the characters are iconic to a degree (why else would you make a TDI Babies show?)

On the negative side, the characters are all mostly regular humans. They do undergo enough wacky challenges that you could definitely make a moveset, but it's not obvious on a first impression that these characters are fighter material. On that note, who do you choose? There's several potential contenders, from fan favorites to winners to Chris and Chef, picking one character as the franchise rep would be no small feat. These factors wouldn't matter much if it weren't for the fact that they would need to pay up to include someone. When the idea doesn't come fully formed in your head you'll probably be more reluctant to shell out cash.

Now this concept includes all content, not just a fighter, so it's worth considering that. The franchise seems tailor made to be repped as a stage (the titular island) and through Chris as a guest announcer. But since it would take licensing, if they go through that effort they might as well get a fighter, is what I assume the devs' thought process will be, so I still see that as a necessary condition. We're not at that Ultimate stage of success where people are content with just adding a .jpg of their stuff.

I watched the **** out of the first show, about half of the second one, and some of the third. Then it kinda lost me, but still, the nostalgia is strong with this one. Like I said before all it would take to make me happy is a stage and an announcer, but hey, wouldn't say no to a fighter.

Noms: Bilbo Baggins (finally, something mainstream! Had to happen eventually. Be grateful I'm not nominating Magic Johnson to rave about Winning Time, the only reason I'm not doing that is because Space Jam exists btw)

KillerCage

Smash Master
Did you know that Total Drama is a satire of reality TV?

Chances- 25%

I think amageish amageish said practically everything that need to be said about Total Drama including its Canadian origins. Yeah there is not much of a chance to get a rep for the show, but we did rate multiple Jojo characters. If anything, we are more likely to get a Total Drama character in MultiVerses than getting an anime character UNLESS it's RWBY.

Want- 60%

I REALLY enjoyed Total Drama Island, but I haven't seen much else beyond that. Whatever else I have seen was scattershot in terms of quality. I wouldn't mind if we did get a character from the franchise.

My noms: Static x5

D

Deleted member

This show ran for a long time and still has spin offs running to this very day, with a reboot apparently coming o HBO Max. Main issue is that its not a Warner owned property, and while we are seemingly getting guest characters, I think there will be other characters considered a higher priority. Most of the characters from this show are just pepole, and as a complete outsider I dint think what would make them interesting in this game. But it is a franchise that WB and CN clearly have a working relationship with. It's not impossible. I could maybe see a stage or an Announcer themed around the franchise.

Want - Abstain

Never seen. No real interest

Noms to Beetlejucie

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Scooby-Doo
Chance: 80%
Want: 80%

Concept: Characters With no Warner Bros Connection
Chance: 60.71%
Want: 14.29%

The concept is now the least wanted thing we've ever rated, which is kind of scary considering that the thread overall considers this more likely than not. There is a reason why Fortnite speculation is not popular and that's because theming is crucial for a crossover. Without it, you lose a lot of the magic that your product had. With that said, people have brought up good reasons as to why this concept could come true, so it's going to be interesting to see if this does indeed come true and how it changes speculation.

Better than reality TV

Chance: 30%

So Cartoon Network doesn't straight up own the show? Well that's something to consider, especially since they got so many solid choices that are still on the table when it comes to the CN library. Still, I can see Total Drama happening. It's got like 5 seasons and a show featuring younger versions of the cast for some reason. So obviously it's quite successful to this day apparently and back then it was very popular.

As for who the rep would be, I agree that it's a tall order. You got the mainstays Chris and Chief, but also all the popular characters like Gwen, Trent, Owen, Courtney, Duncan, etc. The cast is massive and while many of them have their shticks that can lend a hand in the moveset department, none of them really stand out as fighters which kind of complicates things. But luckily for this concept it's not just about a fighter (Though GoodGrief does bring up a great point where if CN were to get the rights to use the IP in MultiVersus, they minus as well as grab a character too). I can see Wawanakwa as prime stage potential and a Chris announcer voice makes a ton of sense. So overall I think Total Drama has enough merits to have a fair shot, though it's still far from the super likely club.

Want: 95%

Total Drama was one of the CN shows I watched a lot when I was younger. I loved Island and Action was great too. When the series got to World Tour I lost interest in it but by all means I'm down with Total Drama getting any kind of content. Wawanakwa would make for a very nostalgic stage and I enjoyed most of the cast so the chosen character would likely be someone I care about.

Noms: Rampage rep x10

Day over.

Rate Kuroyukihime from Accel World.

Some videos to get into the augmented reality mood:

Since this will probably be asked, Warner Bros distributed the 2016 film, Infinite Burst.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Abstain. I've heard of this but I know nothing about it. Noms to Beetlejucie.

amageish

Smash Master
Kuroyukihime

Chance & Want: Abstain. I began working on a write-up for this, but I honestly just am not familiar enough with the IP to say anything of note about it or its odds of making it in. I exclusively know it from the French Bread's Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (a pretty fun anime fighter BTW, featuring a lot of creative movesets for characters like Taiga from Toradora!), which is better the not knowing anything, but I'm just... not qualified to talk about this one.

That said, here's the part of the write-up I wrote about the potential of Namco owning the video game rights before giving up on writing the write-up!

It is maybe worth noting that Namco owns the video game rights for Sword Art Online, which shares a creator with Accel World. They publish all the games, develop most of them, and this includes the 2017 crossover title Accel World vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight. Idk if Namco Bandai also owns the video game rights for Accel World, but they do own SAO, have made a crossover game between them, and the Accel World Wikipedia page lists Namco alongside Warner as companies involved in the anime adaptation (a thing I did not know Namco did).... So, I don't know for usre if they'd need to talk to Namco, but the possibility is real enough to leave me wondering...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Quick update:

So it seems news is coming tomorrow.

What do you all hope the news will be?

(Continue with the current schedule but feel free to answer what you wish to see)

KillerCage

Smash Master
Kuroyukihime...

Yeah, I'm have to abstain from giving a chance and want score as I have NO IDEA who this is. I know we have rated Jojo characters, but Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a popular brand. Accel World though? That sounds like a VERY niche anime. Maybe too niche for MultiVerses. If we are going to get an anime rep, it's going to be from a popular brand like Jojo. It could also be a RWBY rep if you count RWBY as an anime. Heck, RWBY is getting an actual anime in the near future! Wow... for someone I knew nothing about and abstained from giving a rating, I had a lot to say. Hopefully I have more to say for next time.

My noms: Static x10

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Kuroyukihime

Chance- 10%
Warner distributing the Accel World anime and it being one of Kawahara Reki's known works makes me avoid rating her a 0% on chances wise. Accel World being kind of niche compared to Sword Art Online hurts Kuroyukihime's chances quite a bit. She does also have the advantage being the icon of Accel World though. If Kawahara's work somehow made it to Multiversus it's most likely going to be a Sword Art Online rep.

Want- 95%
Although Kuroyukihime isn't my #1 wanted out of Accel World characters, I definitely want to see her in Multiversus. I think her Brain Burst avatar form would bring a cool looking moveset.

Noms-
Concept- Yu Gi Oh rep- x3
Yang Xiao Long- x2

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: Total Drama content
Chance: 28%
Want: 65%

Noms List

75-99

50-74

25-49
Lion-O x31
John Constantine x30
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
Rampege rep x22
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Static (DC) x20
Audrey II x17
Steve Urkel x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Knight and Ostrich x10
Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory) x10
Sweeney Todd x10
Bilbo Baggins x10
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Beetlejuice x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Concept: Yu-Gi-Oh rep x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Yang Xiao Long x1
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Blast processing

Chance: 5%

It looks like it's up to me to explain what this is. So Accel World is an IP that started as a manga in 2009. An anime was released in 2012 and so far it hasn't gotten a second season. Ouch. But it did get a movie in 2016 called Infinite Burst that was distributed by Warner Bros. Accel World even got a couple games of its own!The series centers on a high school boy named Haru who is short, overweight and gets bullied a lot. He spends most of his time logged into the school system playing games. His mad gamer skills just so happen to attract the popular girl in the school who happens to be more than she seems. Kuroyukihime shares her knowledge of the secret program Brain Burst which is basically an augmented reality fighting game where people duke it out to win acceleration points in the real world. So basically these people play this game to become more faster and powerful, hence the name Accel World.

So yeah that sounds like a typical out there anime plot. But how likely is it to get into a game like MultiVersus? Well it's worth mentioning like Amageish did that Accel World did crossover with Sword Art Online as they come from the same people. But that's the thing, Sword Art Online is quite similar to Accel World and yet it's more popular and recognizable. When it comes to anime, I definitely see Warner Bros going for something like JoJo first or heck even Dragon Ball or Naruto since those shows once aired on Toonami. Accel World is just niche, and with MultiVersus appealing to western crowds, it's hard to imagine them picking a character from this IP just because they distributed one movie for it.

Want: 10%

Some aspects about this IP seem pretty cool and I hear there are some really wholesome moments so why this low score? Well it has to do with Kuroyukihime. See, it's not about her moveset or anything like that. It's....something else. I won't go too in-depth on it since this ain't the place to discuss the topic. But basically if you consider her age and then look up certain images taken directly from the manga or anime, it's a big yikes. And I don't think I'm comfortable associating that with MultiVersus, even though they will certainly avoid that material at all costs. But it's a reminder that while anime can be awesome, it can also be cringy.

Noms: Rampage rep x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Today we have a RWBY double day. Rate Weiss Schnee and Cinder Fall.

Some videos to get into the combat skirt and blazin' villain mood:

This will be the day that RWBY shines

Chances:
Weiss - 60%
Cinder - 35%

It all started with the brilliant Monty Oum. He was helping out on various projects at Rooster Teeth until one day he was asked if he had a project in mind. That was the question he was awaiting, as he had ideas floating around. Monty was a visual storyteller, preferring to focus on set pieces and fight scenes. So to introduce RWBY to the world, he made 4 trailers, each of them focusing on the 4 girls that would make up team RWBY. These trailers were essentially demos that showed off the girl's weapon and abilities and some of their personality and life. They were simple, but effective trailers that displayed awe-inspiring visuals and fantastic fight choreography. These trailers laid the foundation for the show to come.

RWBY, a humble web series that had a very small team working on it, had its first volume released and it exploded in popularity. While the animation was stiff as the animators were learning techniques as they went along, the characters and light-hearted story touched people's hearts. Monty Oum had found success with a passion project, and things were rolling smoothly. Unfortunately during the production of volume 3, Monty was hospitalized due to an allergic reaction and passed away at the age of 33. It was also during volume 3 that the show changed drastically as the ending of the volume changed the status quo of the show forever. These two events split the fanbase and it doesn't help that volumes 4 and 5 were a drop in quality. However, a lot of dedicated fans still stuck with the show and starting with volume 6, there was a shift. The writing got better and there were more quality action scenes. RWBY was officially back and the show only got more ambitious with the next couple volumes. As of now not only are we going to get volume 9 in the near future, but recently there was an anime adaptation announced.

It's safe to say that the show has been doing well for itself, with it being one of Rooster Teeth's biggest successes. The IP has gotten video games including an upcoming one that has WayForward and Arc System Works involved. There is a ton of merchandise including mangas, figures, posters, and books. Monty Oum would have been proud of how far his baby has gone.

In terms of crossovers, RWBY has a lot of brand synergy with Warner Bros' other IPs. It has been featured in several death battles, RWBY merchandise can be seen throughout Doctor Sleep, and of course there is a comic crossover between RWBY and the Justice League. It's easily the Rooster Teeth property that gets the most attention, probably due to the fact that Warner Bros owns it 100%, compared to Red vs Blue and Death Battle which heavily rely on properties from other companies. Oh yeah, and team RWBY has met characters from various games thanks to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

Now onto the two characters we are discussing today. First is Weiss. She puts the W in team RWBY and just like with the other members, is very popular. Now of course Ruby will be the first rep of the series since she's the face of it. But at the same time you have to think, if they included Ruby then there is a good chance they will include the other members of team RWBY. Weiss, Blake, and Yang are all nearly, or as popular with the fans as Ruby. After all they are often shown together in marketing so it makes sense that eventually all 4 would get in. As for Weiss herself, she is brimming with moveset potential. As an ice user, she is capable of bending the element to her will. She can create ice walls, spawn ice platforms for more manuevablity, throw icicle projectiles at her enemies, and even summon ice creatures to aid her in combat.

Moving onto Cinder, I'm less certain of her. I'm confident in all of team RWBY making it in, but beyond that I'm not sure how much more representation the devs would give to the series. Cinder is one of the main villains, but not the only notable villain. Heck, Neo Politan got into BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle over her and Neo completely disappeared from the show for a while. Apparently her being chosen was due to how popular she is, and I do know some fans are not big on Cinder since they keep repeating the same plot points with her so the popularity factor is important here.

Overall, RWBY has a pretty good shot. If Warner Bros truly wants MultiVersus to showcase their catalog, then eventually they'll give Rooster Teeth a rep, which will most likely be Ruby Rose then after that it opens the door for the other members of the cast.

You guys remember how I got into RWBY thanks to Ruby's day? Well 4 months later I'm caught up on the show and it's my second favorite show overall. I adore this show to death. I love the characters, I love the small, wholesome moments between characters, I love the weapons and semblances, and I love the music. The early volumes were hilarious and had a charm to them and the recent volumes have been kickass. Do I have issues with RWBY? Yes. Sometimes the writing falls flat and there are some aspects of the show that don't live up to their full potential. But what makes up for those mistakes....is heart. This series has a lot of heart to it and you can tell from the dialogue and themes that the crew does care about it. And that passion comes through in the big and small moments.

Let me tell you all a story. I didn't let this out for whatever reason, but at the very beginning of this year (on New Year's Day in fact), I contracted COVID. I was sick for a couple weeks and my whole family got it. Thankfully everyone recovered just fine, but it was scary for a while there. It didn't help that we couldn't work so there was some concerns with money. Needless to say, it was a stressful time.

But it was also at that time that I started up this thread since I had a lot of time on my hands and enough of you all had voted for Ruby to be the second character rated. I got curious about RWBY from my research and from what people were saying. So I started to watch it and man that was the perfect time to get into the show. I was getting depressed from not working and seeing my family all stressed out. But what kept me sane was RWBY. Those early volumes at Beacon were exactly what I needed. They were packed with comedy and wholesome moments. I got lost in the show and it made me forget about my worries. What's funny too is that by the time I recovered and my life got back to normal, I was on Volume 4 which is all about moving on from difficult times. It was like as if RWBY was representing my life in a way.

And for that, I'm so grateful I have RWBY in my life. It has one of my favorite casts of characters and it makes me happy everytime I think about it. I would love for it to get a bunch of characters in MultiVersus. Weiss is so cool and Cinder is neat too. I'll talk about the other characters more as they get rated (Yang is already being nominated) but yeah most of the main cast have exciting moveset potential and seeing them interact in MultiVersus would be a sight to behold.

R.I.P Monty Oum. Thank you so much for all the joy that you brought me and others.

Noms: King Kong x20

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Last minute abstain on Accel World girl just to get my noms in. Bilbo x whatever

Thinking about it, I don't know enough about RWBY either, so I'll abstain as well. I do believe that the show's big enough to get a second rep in the relatively near future, but no clue as to who it would be. Noms to Bilbo again

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The Ice Queen

Chance: 95%

Pretty high huh? It's the same rating I gave Ruby even. Well Weiss is one of the titular characters of the show and if RWBY gets in at all, something I expect, I fully expect all of the girls on the team to make it, you don't rep RWBY with just one character in instances where it's fully reasonable to include multiple characters. To go further, RWBY is getting an anime spin-off alt story type thing (not entirely clear on the premise) with the focus being on the Ice Queen herself.

Hands up if you didn't see this coming. Weiss is one of my all time absolutely favourite characters ever. I could go on and on about why but I'll leave it at her being an extremely relatable woman with a backstory that hits pretty hard and she's a sassy badass with an extensive set of abilities at her disposal that lend themselves extremely well to a team based fighter. She can create platforms to assist in recovery, she can use time dilation on her ally to give them a buff, she can infuse her rapier with elemental effects including fire in addition to ice, she can form walls of ice and she can summon foes she's slain including a giant suit of armour, a giant bird and a giant wasp monster among others.

She's the best girl

Thou art Maidenless, O' Tarnished

Chance: 30%

Cinder on the other hand is not a part of the titular team so she has several more obstacles to overcome in spite of being a major antagonist. There's other popular characters like Qrow, Oscar, JNPR and Penny to overcome but the biggest obstacle is in fact a little ice cream themed Mary Poppins in the form of Neo Politan. Neo is arguably more popular than Cinder and even got in to BBTAG where everyone outside of RWBY couldn't. It's not an easy road for Cinder to navigate as she's fallen short of fifth billing before and that's a tricky position to get in a wider scale crossover.

Want: 80%

Cinder isn't a character I like as much as other RWBY characters so she is lower on priority to me, she's still cool as a villain and I enjoy seeing her growth (or uh... Fall) as the series progresses. She's also got tons of moveset potential that would be really fun. She's got the ability to manipulate glass shards and turn them into molten weapons like knives and bows, she gets a Grimm arm which can siphon power and she has Maiden abilities which give her very powerful moves though she often favours fire based attacks.

Nominations:
All on Blake Belladonna

amageish

Smash Master
Weiss Schnee

Chance: 60%. Ah, Weiss. The ice princess of team RWBY who takes her trope very literally. Like most of the cast of RWBY, she effortlessly lends herself to being playable in a fighting game - the series is famous for its fight scenes, after all. There's a tonne of potential for her in something like Multiversus.

It's a bit of a meme how often Weiss loses fights, but her powers are fun nonetheless!

I'll be honest: I think RWBY content is going to be more or less dependent on fan demand. The RWBY fandom is massive and, arguably more importantly, active. When WarnerMedia did a "March Madness"-style popularity contest on their Instagram earlier this year, Yang won - beating several characters already confirmed for Multiversus, including Ayra Stark, Harley Quinn, and even Bugs Bunny himself. I know this because Tony Huynh, the game director of Multiversus, tweeted about her victory. RWBY is nowhere close to the biggest IP in Warner's library by any means, but it has an active fandom and, if that turns into profits, I could see them continuing to add RWBY content past the already-pretty-likely Ruby Rose herself. Otherwise, I don't think Warner Bros suits would consider putting tonnes of RWBY content in the game to be a worthwhile venture.

While RWBY was spared from the mess that is Space Jam 2, it has had a few other notable crossovers with other Warner IPs. The most famous of these is probably RWBY's comic book crossover with the Justice League, which took a pretty unique approach to the crossover. Unlike most crossovers with DC I've mentioned previously, the RWBY collab didn't drop the RWBY cast into the existent DC multiverse, but instead re-imagined several iconic DC superheroes as they would appear in the RWBY setting of Remnant. This way you got stuff like Bruce Wayne being a bat faunus, Diana Prince being an automaton, and such... It's a very cool way of doing a crossover!

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na, RWBY! rwby.

Next up, Doctor Sleep, the sequel to Stephen King's The Shining, ran into a bit of a problem in its production. The Stephen King novel had an extended sequence where a character appears as one of her favourite characters from pop culture - Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones. This reference was all well and good in the novel, but by the time the movie was being made... Well, there were two issues: (i) people really hated the final season of Game of Thrones and (ii) the character was being made into a woman of colour and many criticized Daenerys as being a sort of white savior character... So, they swapped out one WarnerMedia IP for another, replacing the references to Daenerys with Emerald from RWBY - apparently partly inspired by Kyliegh Curran being a real-life fan of the web-series.

As someone who did community theatre when I was younger, I do kind of relate to the excitement of getting a pop culture reference you actually like IRL into a project you are in...

RWBY has also had several video game collabs with other properties. This includes a handful of mobile games, the ill-fated fighting game BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, and Smite, with RWBY setting the trend of that game getting collabs with non-mythological pop culture franchises (a trend since repeated with Avatar: The Last Airbender, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and, for some reason, the real-life metal band Slipknot).

With both Korra and Blake in the game, Smite has a corner on the "characters who cut their hair once beginning the arc wherein they come out as bisexual" market.

So... Yeah... I feel like Weiss is pretty plausible, but her odds will fluctuate wildly depending on what the fandom of Multiversus shakes out to be like once the game is actually out...

Want: 95%. I really like Weiss! When I played BBTAG actively, she and Yukiko were my go-to duo - a terrible decision because both were bottom-tier, but I had fun getting my once-in-a-blue-moon victories with them. She'd be super fun to have in the game. That said, if I'm ranking RWBY characters that I want in Multiversus, Weiss isn't in the S-tier for me.

Cinder Fall

Chance: 30%. Most of what I said about Weiss applies here too, really, but she's just further down the totem poll. As a very good, definitely-not-evil, I-see-nothing-evil-about-this-person supporting character, she doesn't exactly have the inherit appeal of a title character like Weiss.

RWBY Chibi: It's like if Teen Titans Go was consistently good!

As DanganZilla mentioned already, Cinder also got out-prioritized when it comes to definitely-not-evil characters in BBTAG, with Neo being added instead. I could see that being a risk again as... Frankly, there's just so many popular RWBY characters that it is just really hard to predict who they'd go with if they go past the main four - Neo, Penny, Qrow, Emerald, Nora, Oscar, etc... And that's assuming they get past the main four too...

Want: 70%. I mean, sure? I'd take Cinder. Cinder's a fun character with fun powers. Her interactions could be fun. That said, she definitely isn't on my personal most-wanted for the RWBY cast either.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Weiss Schnee

Chance- 55%
I think Weiss' case it is purely dependent on the case if Ruby comes before her or not. Since her chances would definitely drop if Ruby doesn't make it in. But I think Team RWBY has a decent shot in general.

Want- 100%
She is my favourite Rwby character along with Yang so I would love her inclusion. Would be awesome if her moveset would be kind of like her BBTAG one.

Cinder Fall

Chance- 15%
Even though RWBY has a decent shot in this game due to it's prominence when it comes to crossover. Despite Cinder being a RWBY major villain I don't see her making it before Neo or Roman for villains wise.

Want- 60%
I don't particularly like Cinder compared to the other Rwby characters. I do think she would be a nice addition to the roster.

Noms
Concept Yu Gi Oh rep- x3
Yang Xiao Long- x2

D

Deleted member

Chance- 60%
RWBY is a pretty popular and beloved series that I would be surprised not to see pop up in this game at some point. I talked about this in Ruby write up way back when. But to cut a long story short it's a popular series that often gets referenced in other WB media. For a seires with such niche origins it has sure had a long legacy. It's gonna get a rep at some point. But the issue is Ruby will absolutely be the first character chosen. Her name is the title and she's the main character. But after her? It's a toss up. Personally I think Yang would be next. She's constantly the most popular charatcer and even topped a WB fan showdown poll thing that was posted here a few pages back. But if this game gets a big enough roster it's possible they go for all four. They all have such different varied moveset potential and their own fanbases. Their names are all referenced in the title. I think it depends on what size they want the roster to be by the end or this game's life cycle and how DLC is handled.

Want - 50%
Sure. She's not my favourite but I don't dislike her. I haven't watched RWBY in a long time so I have no idea what kind of character development she's went through as of late. But I just think an ice user would be really fun and the only other options that stick out are Sub-Zero and more DC characters such as Mr. Freeze or Killer Frost.

Chance - 15%
Cinder is a popular character a central lvillian. don't know if I see RWBY getting anymore reps other than the main foursome. It's a popular series but I just don't see them giving it as many spots as the likes of DC. There's the possibility that they pull a TMNT in NASB and go with a villain or side character over doing all four, but I can't see that happening at all. The main four in RWBY all have their own huge fanbases and both look and play extremely different to each other. Even if they where to go for a non four character, Cinder faces competition from the likes of Nora, Jaune, Penny, Neo, Qrow, Roman and others.

Want - 20%
I'll be honest with you I watched RWBY so long ago I barely remember anything this chick did. But she has a cool design and I am a mark for fire users. Not a most wanted character at all but I hold no real dislike for her.

Noms to Beetlejucie

KillerCage

Smash Master
Did you know Weiss Schnee was based on Snow White?

Chances- 65%

If we are getting a RWBY rep, Ruby Rose must come first. If we do get a second rep, then Weiss would be a frontrunner. She, along Ruby were part of Blazblue Cross Tag Battle's starting roster after all. I don't think I can add anything else that wasn't mentioned by DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 and amageish amageish . I have this before and I'll say it again. If we are getting an anime rep in MultiVerses, it makes would make sense they would be from RWBY.

Want- 75%

I have seen the first 5 volumes of RWBY. Through out those volumes, Weiss remains as my favorite among Team RWBY. I do believe Weiss has great moveset potential through the use of her glyphs. I wouldn't mind having Weiss Schnee in MultiVerses alongside Ruby Rose.

Did you know Cinder Fall was based on Cinderella?

Chances- 35%

What applies to Weiss also applies to Cinder. However Cinder has significantly less popular than any of the members of Team RWBY for obvious reasons. I know that DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 and amageish amageish already mentioned this, but Cinder got skipped over for BBTAG in favor of Neopolitan. Then again Cinder could be picked over the other Team RWBY members like Shredder was picked over Ralph and Donny in Nicktoons All Star Brawl.

Want- 80%

I have a confession to make. I do NOT like Cinder Fall yet I was the one who nominated her. So WHY am I giving her such a high want score? Four words: dialogue and roasting potential. I can see Cinder making plans to takes the powers of the various combatants of MultiVerses only for those plans to fall through. It could be because the heroes caught on her schemes, they may not have powers, or comedic hi jinxes saved the day. Cinder also has great moveset potential thanks to her fire and glass powers. I may not like Cinder, but good can come out of her inclusion to MultiVerses.

My Noms:
Static x10
Agent Washington (Red vs Blue) x10

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Kuroyukihime

So...Kuro here only got 2 ratings. I'm requiring that each character must have at least 3 ratings to have their scores averaged out because 1 or 2 just ain't enough. So I'm afraid Kuro won't get the usual averaged scores, which is something that I never wanted to happen.

With that in mind, if any of you have any suggestions on how I can make this thread more approachable, I would like to hear it. I try to make this a thread where people are excited to not only share their passion for their favorite characters, but also discover media that they can get into. I've taken the measures to encourage a level of participation by giving people extra noms for writing more sentences and making sure to link support threads so people have a convenient way of doing some research on the character.

It could simply be that MultiVersus news have been slow for a while now so maybe when people are actually able to get their hands on the game it will bring more activity to the community. So for now I will continue to be dedicated to this thread. As long as we have a decent amount of active users, the show will go on. I appreciate all of the regulars that come in here every time that the day changes to share their opinion, as well as the people who have come to give their thoughts on a select few characters, and everyone in between. You all make this worth it.

Edit: I wrote all of this post last night in advanced, but I just thought of an idea. From now on if a character doesn't have a support thread, I will instead link to the wikipedia page of their series.

Continuing with the positive vibes, the noms for Kuro's day were still counted so let's get to them.

Noms List

75-99

50-74

25-49
Rampage rep x33
Lion-O x31
John Constantine x30
Static (DC) x30
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Sweeney Todd x20
Audrey II x17
Steve Urkel x15
Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory) x15
Bilbo Baggins x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Knight and Ostrich x10
Beetlejuice x10
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
Concept: Yu-Gi-Oh rep x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Yang Xiao Long x3
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Concept: Cats Don't Dance rep.

Some videos to get into the cat mood:

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Alright so I have previously nominated either characters from big sci-fi franchises, or leads in recently successful HBO shows. This time it's a little different: Cats Don't Dance is an animated musical starring anthropomorphic animals in 1930s Hollywood that came out in 1997.

Frankly, in hindsight, this nomination has way less reasoning behind it than my previous ones: I just rewatched the movie and found out it was owned by Warner Bros. It was their follow-up to the Iron Giant, and like it, it received abysmal marketing and flopped at the box office. Also like the Iron Giant, it was critically acclaimed (Cats Don't Dance was the first non-Disney movie to win Best Animated Feature at the Annies, the animation industry's equivalent to the Oscars and Emmys), and it became a cult classic.

As you may have noticed, the comparisons to the Iron Giant aren't helping, seeing how you're much more likely to have heard of that movie than this one. Warner has capitalized big time on The Iron Giant's popularity with an increased marketing for its home release, constant showings on TV, an expanded and feature-rich Blu-Ray release, and of course, cameos out the wazoo (Ready Player One and Space Jam 2, for instance); Cats Don't Dance got precisely none of that. It's not even on HBO Max. So if WB is aware of the movie's fandom, they don't consider it worth the investment.

GoodGrief, you're probably asking, why did you nominate this movie only to be brutally honest about its poor odds? Well, that's because the movie is so good that it overcame all reason. It's a parable of animals as a metaphor for racism that predates Zootopia by almost 20 years, chock-full of references to the golden age of Hollywood, with several memorable songs, lovable characters, and fluid animation (including one of the greatest animated characters in villainous child actress Darla Dimple). It's a must-watch for any fan of animation and one of my personal favorites in the medium. But yeah, I must admit, being good doesn't guarantee you a spot. Maybe it has a better chance through non-fighter content, but I wasn't a believer in it until the recent demos showed off the depth of customization in MultiVersus (they're really going all in on announcer voices!)

tl;dr Maybe this ain't so likely, but watch the movie.

Chance: 10%
Noms: Bilbo

Apologies to Dangan for my niche-ass taste, my penance will consist of nominating characters from massive franchises for a while.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain not too familiar with that series

Noms
Concept- Yu Gi Oh rep- x3
Yang Xiao Long- x2

amageish

Smash Master
Concept: Cat's Don't Dance Rep

Chance: 10%. Don't worry, GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 . I also know the feeling of a day for something you have nominated coming up and instantly being filled with a sense of "Oh, ****, I actually need to talk about this now... Um... Shucks..." lol.

Anyway, as GoodGrief already said, this is a critically beloved movie with a problem of living in the shadow of Warner's much more successful theatrical animated offerings, particularly the Iron Giant. It has a lot of potential for a cool aesthetic - it has a Randy Newman score to sample from, beautiful visuals for a stage, and potential for a fun musically-inspired song-and-dance moveset. It's just also a film that I could see very easily being out-prioritized... like... very very very easily.

One write-up done... Sorry, I didn't have much else to say on this front.

Want: 90%. Not my favourite Warner animation rep nor my favourite musical rep, but I'd respect the choice if it happened! I enjoyed this film as a kid and, AFIAK, it hasn't aged as horribly as my other childhood cat favourite, The Aristocats.

D

Deleted member

Abstain.

Don't know what this is. I'm afraid.

Noms to Beetlejucie.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Don't you know "Cats Don't Dance" took place in the Great Depression?

Chances- 1%

Sorry to be harsh, but getting a rep from this film is a extremely low possibility. Sure "Cats Don't Dance" may be a cult classic, but there are bigger cult classics to pull from especially from WB's catalog. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall seeing the Iron Giant in that "leak." While I was typing this, the Iron Giant was confirmed to be in MultiVerses via this trailer. At this point, any rep from "Cats Don't Dance" will a massive uphill battle getting into the game as it is being out prioritized by practically every other WB franchise.

Want- 60%

I remember renting this movie a LOT. I also remember watching this on TV quite a bit. Despite all that, not much of this film sticks out in my memory. I couldn't tell you the plot or much of the characters in "Cats Don't Dance" without looking at the Wiki article. I do remember the giant butler though. I am being generous with my want score thanks to my nostalgia.

My noms:
Static x5
Agent Washington (Red vs Blue) x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I did not imagine we would be getting character reveals out of nowhere, plus a sick animated promo that showed off some really good character interactions. Anyway, for the first time I shall inaugurate our new fighters into the "confirmed" category.

Iron Giant
Never rated

Taz
Never rated

And since I never formally did this for her now that I'm thinking about it...

Velma
Never rated

Weiss Schnee
Chance: 65.83%
Want: 86.67%

Cinder Fall
Chance: 26.67%
Want: 68.33%

Noms List

75-99

50-74

25-49
Static (DC) x40
Sweeney Todd x35
Rampage rep x33
Lion-O x31
John Constantine x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Beetlejuice x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
King Kong x20
Bilbo Baggins x20
Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory) x20
Audrey II x17
Steve Urkel x15
Blake Belladonna x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Knight and Ostrich x10
Concept: Yu-Gi-Oh rep x10
Agent Washington x10
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Yang Xiao Long x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Cats don't dance huh? Well they clearly haven't seen my cats.

I do find it impressive that Cats Don't Dance was the first non-Disney movie to win Best Animated Feature at the Annies. That is to be commemorated, and speaks volumes about the film's qualities. That said, would Warner Bros care to give it a character? They don't even have the movie on HBO Max. To my knowledge they didn't reference it in Space Jam or anything so this would have to rely on fan demand which is...not loud at all.

Want: 50%

Insert my usual "Haven't seen the film but it looks appealing to me" comment here. I would like to give the movie a try when I get the opportunity (How many times have I said this about GoodGrief's nominees?).

Noms: Pennywise x5

Day over.

Rate Charles Kane from Citizen Kane.

Some videos to get into the mood to discuss what is often considered one of the best movies of all time:

"I am, have been, and will be only one thing - an American." - Charles Kane

Chance: 25%

There is a reason why Citizen Kane is still critically acclaimed and still being discussed almost a century later. It was a revolutionary film that pioneered many film techniques used to this day. Like for example, you all know how movies tend to make the main subject of the scene be the focus of the camera? So when multiple people are talking you will get close ups or medium shots of each person as they are speaking. But what Citizen Kane does is allow you to choose how you watch the movie. Instead of switching back and forth between characters, the camera will remain on a wide shot of the room, allowing you to see reactions of multiple characters as one of them talks. It's a neat technique that respects the intelligence of the viewers as it demands you to pay closer attention to how each character feels at the moment.

Another technique that makes Citizen Kane stand out is how its structured. The movie switches back and forth between the past that explores Kane's life, to the present where Kane's peers are trying to figure out the meaning of his last words. While Citizen Kane is not the first film to have a nonlinear story, it's the one that popularized that structure and several notable films such as Lawrence of Arabia have replicated the formula with the film starting with the subject's death and then showing their life via flashbacks.

So it's no secret that Citizen Kane has a strong legacy (heck, the word strong may be an understatement). But will the famous man himself make it into MultiVersus? Well first off it's important to discuss how Warner Bros is connected to Citizen Kane as the history of the rights is long and complicated......

..which is not going to take long because well I tried to research it and the history is extremely complicated with the rights jumping all over the place. Wikipedia mentions that in 2003 the daughter of Orson Welles (Producer of the film) sued Warner Bros for ownership of the movie. But it doesn't clarify if she won the case. So I checked my blu-ray of Criterion's release of Citizen Kane which came out last year. In the copyright notice it says "Under exclusive licensing from Warner Bros Home Entertainment" with no mention of an estate. So it's safe to say that Warner Bros probably owns the movie outright.

With all that mumble jumble out of the way, I will say that Charles Kane has to mostly rely on his legacy to carry his chances. Because Warner Bros hasn't given the IP much love in a long time. The movie is on HBO Max, there was that Criterion set that came out last year....and that's it. No crossovers to my knowledge and no reference in Space Jam. Now a film as prestigious as Citizen Kane doesn't have to have relevancy to be a contender, but there is so much other stuff that Warner Bros is actively pushing that I am concerned that Citizen Kane may be low on the priority list. That, and Charles himself is a regular person with no combat experience. While that hasn't stopped characters from getting into fighters before, it does make it tougher to come up with an interesting moveset.

Want: 75%

Let's be real here, Charles himself is not the most exciting inclusion for a fighting game. Citizen Kane may be a brilliant film that is interesting to analyze, but that doesn't mean that it's a great fit for a fighting game. That said, the film buff in me can't help but be excited by this idea. Citizen Kane is one of those films that pulls its weight through its name alone. Having it be represented in MultiVersus would be a huge deal. I don't necessarily love the film, but I enjoyed my viewing of it and I have nothing but an immense amount of respect for it for how it influenced the film industry. And I'm hoping that if this does come to fruition, that modern audiences will give it a fair shot because even to this day its still an interesting piece to watch.

Noms: Pennywise x10

Last edited:

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
THERE IS A MAN, A CERTAIN MAN

Realistically, Kane's chances aren't great. There are likeness issues to sort out, the character isn't particularly demanded (for some reason I mean c'mon, he's Charlie Kane) and even though Warner does appear to own the film, it's not the kind of IP you'd throw into a zany crossover (unless you are extremely based). With the kinds of characters that they've picked so far, I don't see Kane getting in. The few saving graces Kane has are that yes, Citizen Kane is an extremely notable film and based on internal data The Wicked Witch of the West is a possibility so they aren't ignoring older characters, though of course The Wizard of Oz and Citizen Kane are two completely different beasts. On the very miniscule possibility they want to add a classic film character for the sake of one though, Kane would be one of the front runners along with Rick Blane and Sam Spade.

Hell yes I want the Citizen Kane of Platform Fighting Game Characters! Think about all he could do! He could use his iconic Cane for close range combat, he could go into a berserk rage when his teammate leaves him, he could throw snow globes, fill his Citizen meter to run for governor, and that's without even going into His Sled. Once this man fills his Citizen meter, y'all had better watch out! Kane should be in black and white at all times, and his alts will just be sepia and vinegar syndrome decay. I just think it would be really funny

He also has his lose animation ready to go.

Nominate: Homura Akemi x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
THERE IS A MAN, A CERTAIN MAN

Realistically, Kane's chances aren't great. There are likeness issues to sort out, the character isn't particularly demanded (for some reason I mean c'mon, he's Charlie Kane) and even though Warner does appear to own the film, it's not the kind of IP you'd throw into a zany crossover (unless you are extremely based). With the kinds of characters that they've picked so far, I don't see Kane getting in. The few saving graces Kane has are that yes, Citizen Kane is an extremely notable film and based on internal data The Wicked Witch of the West is a possibility so they aren't ignoring older characters, though of course The Wizard of Oz and Citizen Kane are two completely different beasts. On the very miniscule possibility they want to add a classic film character for the sake of one though, Kane would be one of the front runners along with Rick Blane and Sam Spade.

Hell yes I want the Citizen Kane of Platform Fighting Game Characters! Think about all he could do! He could use his iconic Cane for close range combat, he could go into a berserk rage when his teammate leaves him, he could throw snow globes, fill his Citizen meter to run for governor, and that's without even going into His Sled. Once this man fills his Citizen meter, y'all had better watch out! Kane should be in black and white at all times, and his alts will just be sepia and vinegar syndrome decay. I just think it would be really funny

He also has his lose animation ready to go.

Nominate: Homura Akemi x5
Splendid writeup there. Just a few questions though, where is Homura from and what is their connection to Warner Bros?

Last edited:
Top Bottom