• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Fatality
Chance: 100%
It's weird to give a score this high to a character that hasn't been leaked, but come on, it's Scorpion! I don't see any reason that WB wouldn't put the most well known character from their most well known game in their crossover fighter. Honestly I'm surprised he isn't confirmed already.
Want: Abstain

Noms: K.O. x5

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Scorpion

Chance: 100%.

So... Mortal Kombat is easily the biggest IP in Warner Bros' gaming library. One of Multiversus' developers asked what people would want to see from it in Multiversus, indicating it may be getting more then one representative... I don't see any real reason not to go with Scorpion? I guess you could say "Violence," but, uh, we had Alex DeLarge cameo in a Looney Tunes movie last year. Warner doesn't seem concerned by kids learning the existence of their more violent IPs.

Want: 90%.

Scorpion isn't super exciting to me because he's so obvious, but the roster will feel weird without him. Only reason I don't go full 100% is that there are other Mortal Kombat characters that would make me personally more excited, while Scorpion would primarily just be "Oh, yay, he's confirmed."

Nomination: Harvey Birdman x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Scorpion when he sees his invitation: "Get over here!"

Chance: 90%

Due to the fact that we still know little about the game and the kinds of characters that are coming, I don't feel comfortable calling any characters a lock. But Scorpion is one of those characters that comes close. Mortal Kombat is a sensation. It's one of the most celebrated fighting game series and is still going strong to this day. It's one of Warner Bros. most popular games so I believe it will be one of their higher priorities. As for the violence, Game of Thrones can be brutal at times and yet it has a character in the game. And Scorpion can still feel like Scorpion without the blood or fatalities. Just look at Injustice. It also helps that Scorpion is the mascot of the series and they love to put him in the center of the advertising and focus. I mean, just look at Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge. Scorpion's story isn't even the main part of the film and yet he still steals the title and front cover. The only concern I have is that it's possible that another character like Shao Kahn or Goro could be chosen but let's be real here, Scorpion is the favorite among the people who own him and the fanbase.

Want: 100%

I suck at Mortal Kombat but man it's awesome. I love the music, characters, and lore. The movies are a real good time (Except for that one) and I still find some enjoyment with the games, such as Test Your Luck which is one of the most fun game modes in a fighting game. Oh yeah and the fatalities as well as the fight choreography in the cutscenes are worth mentioning too. So good. Scorpion himself is just really cool and to pull off his iconic moves against characters like Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry will be a sight to see.

Noms: Popeye x10

DaUsername DaUsername we are not doing predictions for this thread. That is something that I might implement in the future but for now it's something that I don't think I can manage right now.

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Chance- 50%
Even though the one of the devs posted about which Mortal Kombat character you want to see in Multiversus, I don't see it being a lock for a Mortal Kombat character nor Scorpion. I think there's a chance the dev's comment might indicate Mortal Kombat as a whole is deconfirmed instead.There's also little information on what type of characters are coming outside of they are seemed to be from WB owned franchises.

Want- 0%
I would admit some Mortal Kombat games are interesting to play, but overall it doesn't really interest me as much. Out of Mortal Kombat characters I feel like Scorpion is one of the less interesting ones.

Noms:
Mucha Lucha rep x2
Dio Brando x2
Kuroyukihime x1

KillerCage

Smash Master
SCORPION

I can't believe Mortal Kombat would be left out of MultiVerses. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be represented.
Plus Scorpion is Netherrealms' mascot.

Want: 80%

We need visual variety in MultiVerses and Scorpion can provide that. He is also a (kinda) fire user so that would bring some mechanical variety. Mortal Kombat may not be my thing, but I do like Scorpion as a character.

My nomination: Wiz & Boomstick (Death Battle) x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Get outta here

Chance: 60%
I'm somewhat reluctant to call him a lock for a couple of reasons. First, the adult nature of Mortal Kombat. While we have Arya already and Rick leaked, the roster still mostly skews family friendly and so characters like Scorpion might not necessarily be a priority. And then there's the fact that Mortal Kombat is already a video game. Will we see characters from WB's videogame lineup cross over? Maybe the devs have some hangups (don't forget that MK has basically become a de facto crossover fighter with its constant guest characters), maybe it's considered less exciting to have a character that's already from a fighting game.

Those qualms aside, Scorpion is kinda a no-brainer for a game like this. Would get people excited and might be the closest we'd get to UI Shaggy in MK (who knows though? MK's gotten pretty wacky) Mortal Kombat is a big franchise, that always ranks amongst the best selling games of the year when a new entry releases. And of course there's the live action movie, its potential sequel, and a series of animated straight-to-VOD flicks, all of which can be taken as a sign that WB sees mainstream potential here.

Is it in Space Jam 2?
No; -10%

Yeah, it's Scorpion. Duh

Noms: Paul Atreides (Dune) x5

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
"GET OVER HERE!!!"

Chance: 99%
As other users said here, Mortal Kombat is one of WB's most profitable and well-known game series, and Scorpion is pretty much the most iconic character from that series. Even if you don't take into account of devs asking the fans about potential MK characters, a MK character is pretty much guaranteed. Also, considering all of WB's Mortal Kombat marketing heavily features Scorpion, it's pretty much all but confirmed that he would be the main MK rep.
uishaggy_vs_scorpion.jpg
Of course, Scorpion won't be ripping other fighters apart or turning them into charred corpses in this game, but his moveset is iconic enough that the MV devs would be able to translate it into a rated E10-T environment without much difficulty.

Scorpion definitely deserves a spot on the roster, and I definitely have fond memories of playing the older Mortal Kombat games. He might not be my first pick for a character, but he would definitely be fun and unique as far as fighting game characters go.

Noms: Ben 10 x5

Last edited:

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
Never actually participated in one of these before, guess I'll start now

Chance (100%)

Bruh it's Scorpion, of course he's getting in the game. Iconic WB character, has long running series, popular among many, from a fighting game himself. The dude is practically as shoe-in. I know what you are thinking, the violence is too much, well, they have toned him down before, remember Mortal Kombat vs DC. He's also perfectly fine in the T rated Injustice Games, him being sufficiently toned down is possible, especially because MultiVersus is rated T.

Want (65%)

I like Scorpion as a character, and he was my number one most wanted for Smash Bros after Steve got in. Seeing Scorpion in any platform fighter is a dream come true. But since WB owns him, and the game is rated T, my desire is less strong because he has a way higher chance of getting in. I more heavily desire characters I know are mostly pipe dreams. That was Scorpion in Smash, but he's not such a pipe dream anymore.

Noms:
Jarro x1
John J Sheridan x4

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
GET OVER HERE!

Chance: 75%
Scorpion is definently pretty likely for a variety of reasons. The main one being that he's already a fighting game character, so putting him in a crossover fighting game simply makes sense. As well, he headlined in the new Mortal Kombat movie, as well as getting his own animated movie, Scorpion's Revenge. Mortal Kombat in general is really popular, so if any WB game character was to get in, it'd be someone from Mortal Kombat. Now, you could make an argument that he couldn't be toned down, but I highly disagree with that. Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe existed, though we all like to forget it - discounting that abomination, he was in Injustice: Gods Among Us and worked fairly well without the blood and gore, so I doubt they'd decide to stop from putting him here, especially considering Arya's on the roster, and a certain leaked character. So, I believe Scorpion's pretty likely, all things considered.
Want: 90%: Honestly, I really want Mortal Kombat in a platform fighter. Scorpion's got an iconic moveset that could wok very well for something like this, and I can especially see them doing some creative things with his moveset in a platform fighter, possibly incorporating a tether recovery for instance, among other things. I would prefer other MK characters first, namely Johnny Cage or Sub-Zero, but Scorpion's the headlining character of the franchise - the only two who have a shot for MK characters are him or Liu Kang, and I don't really see Liu Kang being put in due to him being kind of..generic, in a lot of ways. That's all.

Nominations:
John Stewart x10

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
GRT OVER HERE!

Chance: 80%
A Mortal Kombat rep seems pretty close to an inevitably for me. Not only is it a huge IP in WB's portfolio, but it being a fighter will likely make characters transition over very smoothly.And I don't think violence will be too much of an issue either, assuming they managed to tone the characters down fine in injustice, with little to no gore.

Being the mascot, Scorpion seems like the frontrunner, though I also wouldn't be surprised if we got someone else like Sub-Zero or Raiden instead, hence lowering the chance score I'm giving just an itty bit. Regardless, I'd be fairly surprised if MK, doesn't happen.

He makes too much sense. Not really a MK player, but it would be a bit of crime if this didn't happen. It's like he was made for this game.

Noms :
Neo (The Matrix) x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Scorpion

Chance: 85%
Mortal Kombat is a big IP from Warner Bros that also would fit in well with an actual fighting game. I don't think MK's violence is an issue as we've seen Scorpion in Injustice and even be comedically grabbed by Shaggy in a recent Warner Bros logo. He can be made to work for this game with no problem.

Want: 20%
I could never get into MK so I wouldn't be too hyped for Scorpion. But at the same time he's such an iconic fighting game character that its just hard to truly hate his inclusion.

Nominations:
Numbuh 1 (Codename: KND) x5

osby

Smash Obsessed
Scorpion

Chance
: 90%
Due to being owned by WB, he would be very easy to obtain and there's a significant amount of support for him before the game even came out, which developers stressed that they will try to listen while making roster choices. We already know that age rating don't hold characters back from joining the fray and despite the current lack of precedent, there's no rule saying video game characters can't join. Overall, not a lock but pretty likely, nonetheless.

Want: 5%
Scorpion's abilities really don't pique my interest and I'm not convinced that Multiversus can replicate his game's mechanics as Smash does with its fighting game characters enough to make him interesting. As a character, I find his design boring and he has a pretty annoying fandom from what I can see from his Smash support. Mortal Kombat is also not my thing in the slightest.

Nominations: Static x5

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
scorponox

chances: 99% mortal kmobat is in the exact position id think a character would get selected from. plus as i understand it hes had a fair number of memes which seems to be a factor in their roster selection. I’m sure we’ll see him and quite possibly sub zero as well.

want: 0% i never got into mortal kombat so cant really say that i want him. Might be willing to give him a try though.

noms to daffy duck

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
scorponox

chances: 99% mortal kmobat is in the exact position id think a character would get selected from. plus as i understand it hes had a fair number of memes which seems to be a factor in their roster selection.

want: 0% i never got into mortal kombat so cant really say that i want him

noms to daffy duck
Just letting you know now, you need just one more sentence for your want score and noms to count.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

You KNOW Mortal Kombat is gonna get in this. As said before, it's WB's biggest gaming franchise right now, and Scorpion is the face of the franchise. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if, given the tag team nature of the game, we saw both him and Sub-Zero make it in down the line. I agree that he'd have to be dumbed down just a little, but I think that won't be a problem - just make him a little more cartoony and base his look after the MK cartoon movies that have been released recently and you have an exciting prospect for a character that could mix it up with the rest. I could see his spear being used in his tag team moves to set up for a big combo with his partner. But yes, MK is a big WB property right now, and you know he'd get people talking.

Want: 90%
I'm only knocking 10% off because I personally want to see crazier characters from cartoons and other media over video game characters first but at the same time it's freakin' Scorpion! The dude is as cool and iconic as it gets! Plus, something fun that the website is doing is giving characters lore and backstory to explain why they participated - I'd LOVE to read that on the website and see him take on Ultra Instinct Shaggy in a battle for the ages.

Nominations: Austin Powers x5

---
Side note: How funny is that first seven? I gotta admit, allowing such loose rules for nominations has helped make this super fun and fresh. I really like that everyone is going out of their way to think of the craziest picks they'd love to see in a platform fighter. If nothing else, speculation for this game is going to be super amusing and enjoyable as a result. A little crazy, but the right kind of crazy IMO. And it's especially fun when people are thinking about these characters mechanically as well as from their personality and name value.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What if Ghost Rider was a Ninja?

I'd be very, very shocked if at any point Mortal Kombat doesn't make it in at all and if it does make it (with astronomically high odds in it's favour), it will absolutely involve Scorpion at one point if not as the first character. If this were to just be who the first MK character would be then he has stiff competition from Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Raiden and Johnny Cage but there isn't a chance in hell that Ed Boon's favourite and the face of NRS doesn't make it at all.

He's my main in Mortal Kombat, very vanilla of me yes. But his kit is awesome. The spear is super iconic, all of his (hell)fire based abilities are rad and he's not entirely a stranger to custom loadouts and variations, with MKX and 11 having takes on both that gave Scorpion lots of fun and cool abilities to use. He's also got a whole host of costumes to borrow from in that department, bonus points if they have an MK9 Scorpion outfit. Hopefully they keep Patrick Seitz as him too instead of his MK11 actor, no disrespect there because he did good too, but Seitz perfectly encapsulates Scorpion's anger and desire for vengeance.

Nominations:
Quan Chi x5

Were you expecting someone else?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Leiurus quinquestriatus

Chance - 75%. I was on the fencce about this earlier, but after mulling it over I think it's more likely. I was concerned about Mortal Kombat's infamous violence, but we already have Game of Thrones, which is also pretty violent (and even worse: has s*x). If we can have Arya Stark looking at Steven Universe, I don't think Bugs Bunny isbeing told told to Get Over Here is out of the question. He could still get passed up for other Mortal Kombat chharacters like Sub-Zero, Pantherk, or Raiden.

Want - Abstain (can we do that anymore? If not make it 25%). I haven't played any of the Mortal Kombat games, and I'm not much of a traditional fighting game fan in the first place. The most exposure to the series I have is playing as Sub-Zero in a Brawl mod. I'm not against him, but i wouldn't be particularly exited.

Citizen Kane x5

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Chance - 85%. Currently as of now, I don’t think there is any Mortal Kombat character on the roster. With what the director of MultiVersus said in that tweet a few days ago, it just seems like he was dropping hints. I do think that there is a high possibility that Scorpion could be DLC. If MultiVersus are still adding characters to base game, I could see a chance Scorpion could be squeezed in last minute. The sad thing is the casual mainstream Warner Bros audience don’t picture video games, they picture movies, shows, and maybe even comics more. I could see the devs glossing over Mortal Kombat at first, especially over the more popular movie/television properties. The only reason I could see Scorpion not joining eventually is if Ed Boon said no for some reason, but I’m pretty sure it up to Warner Bros.

Want - 100%. Mortal Kombat and Scorpion are just too iconic to be left out of a Warner Bros fighting game. I am a huge Scorpion and Mortal Kombat fan. Scorpion and Mortal Kombat are a major icon of the fighting game genre as a whole, maybe only beaten by Street Fighter, in my opinion. He has a ton of cool and unique abilities that could set him apart from other fighters. Since this game is relying on some meme power, just imagine Scorpion fighting someone like Bugs Bunny or Ultra Instinct Shaggy (the meme king himself). I don’t know what else I can about him, he has earned his spot on the roster!

Noms:
Numbuh One x5
Eustace Bagge x5

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

Mortal Kombat is one of the most iconic fighting game franchises out there and is owned by Warner Bros. Scorpion is basically the poster boy of the franchise and has been there since the beginning. Shaggy who is confirmed for Multiversus made a cameo at the beginning of one Mortal Kombat animated movie and I do believe some rumor regarding the Ultra Instinct Shaggy meme being a basis for Multiversus. I do remember the director of Multiversus asking if you wanted 2 Mortal Kombat characters in Multiversus, who would you add? Although it was not a guaranteed addition, it seems like the director was interested. I could see Mortal Kombat via Scorpion being added to Multiversus either as the last base roster character or early DLC. Warner Bros seems to focus more on their film, comic and TV IPs more than video games unfortunately. Also, it would be hard to tone down Scorpion's extremely violent nature to make him fit in the zany world of Multiversus. In the end, he's really iconic and I feel Scorpion will definitely be added at some point.

I love the old school Mortal Kombat trilogy by Midway. I love the lore of the franchise and Scorpion is hella iconic. The only concern I have is regarding his whole violent nature being toned down. But, I would be thrilled to see Scorpion fight against Bugs Bunny, Arya Stark and Shaggy. He definitely deserves a slot alongside other Warner Bros icons for sure.

Noms:
(Richard) **** Dastardly x5
The Grinch x5

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Ruby Rose from RWBY.

Some songs to get into the RWBY mood:

Scorpion's scores and the noms list will be coming later today.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Abstaining.

Noms:
Numbuh 1 x5

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Red like Roses, fills my head with dreams

Chance: 95%

Little Red's chances (and the chances of her other titular teammates) are only dependant on whether or not RWBY gets added, she's the main character of the show, not having her is like a Steven Universe crossover not featuring Steven in some capacity. As for whether or not I think RWBY is getting in? I can absolutely see it happening across the game's lifespan. It's a series that has some decent popularity to it and has had frequent crossovers including BBTAG, SMITE and even some Justice League comics among several others plus a limited role in Doctor Sleep's film adaptation (Abra's Shining Powers involve her taking on the appearance of Emerald who she has a figure of on her bedside table plus some RWBY posters) as well as a background figurine cameo in the new Matrix, both WB films even. Multiversus would be another notch in the belt for the series and RT are very eager for more crossover opportunities. What perfect time than another fighting game? One with your parent company at large with which you've been in a few films and had a comic with even?

She's got a Scythe that's also a gun. That's enough for me alone to be interested without any prior knowledge but Ruby is where my love for Scythes as a weapon came from so... that's a moot point. She's extremely flashy and stylish in combat and that's not even getting to all the cool petal effects she has with her semblance which is almost some pseudo speed force tier BS. There's also plenty of outfits in the series to draw from for her, I'm partial to her current get-up the most but her Volume 2 casual is great and there's nothing wrong with the OG either. She's not my favourite character from the series but damn she's awesome. My only other hope for her is that she's at least as half as silly here as she is in BBTAG because damn, she's pretty ****ing silly there.

Nominations:
Quan Chi x5

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Ruby Rose (RWBY)

Chance: 85%
I’m not that huge into RWBY but I feel Ruby has a good chance. I know RWBY has been in crossovers a few times like BBTAG, SMITE, etc. From what others have said, her cameoing in other WB films seems like she is likely to join Multiversus. However, I’m not sure if WB would want to prioritize their bigger IPs first in Multiversus. Therefore, for me, her chances are pretty high.

Want: Abstaining
I don’t know much about RWBY so no clue.

Noms:
**** (Richard) Dastardly x3
The Grinch x2

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ruby Rose

Chance
: 93%
RWBY is notable for starting out fairly small but growing into a multi-media franchise. Not only it is basically Rooster Teeth's flagship series at this point, Ruby herself is almost always included when they ever do any collaborations. And speaking of collaborations, RWBY is very open to them if its participation in games such as Cross Tag Battle, SMITE, and Gaia Online is any indication. Ruby joining a WB crossover would hardly be surprising, especially when she already has a joint comic with DC characters. It's obvious that the series is here to stay and only ever-growing, with a steady fanbase that stays loyal to the series with its ups and downs.
Judging by the amount of 2010s CN content, MultiVersus aims to keep younger audiences and younger series in mind, which is also a bonus for RWBY.
One other thing going for her is RWBY's surprising popularity overseas, especially in Japan. It has no less than three manga stories, with one even being on Shonen Jump. Ruby also doesn't hurt for moveset potential and would fit into the Assassin or Ranged classes well. Even though this isn't a requirement, her series' famous fighting scenes would make her an appealing choice and provide a ton of reference material.

Ruby would be an incredibly fun character. She already has proved she can show her personality in a fighting game, which would only set her apart even further. Her aesthetic also fits the game rather nicely. RWBY has some great locales to pull from as a stage, which would be worth it for the music alone.
My only big issue with Ruby is that she's not my favorite character (that would be Weiss) but I still like her a lot. She just has such a great design and weapon.
With her series' focus on team combat, she also fits this game's focus on 2 vs 2 rather nicely. She could use her scythe to throw her allies or pull them to safety while also using the gun mode to cover them. I just hope they could reflect some of her iconic scenes into her animations and voice lines.
I also think we can use more female characters and newer franchises in this game.

Nominations: Rosie the Robot x5
John Constantine x5

I'm not huge fan of RWBY and I never watched that in my life, but she could be very likely, since she could represent Rooster Teeth in Multiversus. Besides, she is very popular character and her franchise is well known in East and West, so it makes her very likely to Multiversus.

Want: 85%

Despite I didn't watch the Show, I could want to see her how she could work in game, since she could have unique moveset due to using her weapons like her Iconic scythe that she has in her hands. She could even use other attack for example.
So, I could want her, because she could be first Rooster Teeth rep in game.

Nomination:
Rick Sanchez x5
Dexter x5

Last edited:

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Ruby Rose (RWBY)

Just given what a phenomenon the series is, its international appeal, and how little would need to be worked out to add her, I think this one is probably a lock. I don't think she won't make the base roster for the initial release like I'm predicting Scorpion to be, but if you have a large property that will appeal to kids like Rooster Teeth, you'll want to put in their biggest original character. There's really just no doubt in my mind that as long as Rooster Teeth is in, she will be in. I'll keep it at 90% only because maybe Warner doesn't even know that they own RWBY.

Want: 60%

I'll admit that I've only seen the first few seasons of RWBY, so I'm no expert, but it wasn't really my thing. That said, I did generally like all of the main team and a few of the side characters, so this one would be one of the top picks I would have from the show if RWBY is GOING to be added. I think I'd add an extra 10% if this was Nora or Yang, since I really liked them, but Ruby was cool. I only hope they take full advantage of her moves in the show when creating her, because I think you can do a lot with that scythe-gun. I also just think that a platform fighter may be better to feel like you're playing as characters in this show than BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle was, just considering how fast and jumpy I remember the action sequences to be in RWBY.

Nominations: Osmosis Jones x5

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Chances: 80%
It might not happen super early, but I feel like as we get a bunch of male characters the demand for a female rep will go up. She is probably in the top 3 with Lola Bunny and Raven, maybe even number 1. She is also popular amongst weebs so that a plus and her making it into the first week of rate their chances is also a good sign.

Want 30%
The reason it’s so low is because I’ve never heard of her until yesterday. I like the cringey humor, but I feel like I’m not the show's target audience. I’d say it’s target audience is little girls they want to indoctrinate into supporting the second amendment. I probably would like it more if I watched it with my sister as a kid.I’d probably like her more. I will say I love her weapon. It’s hilariously huge and when it turns into a gun it reminds me of Lightning's sword from Final Fantasy 13 (My first and favorite Final Fantasy game). I won’t be disappointed at all if she makes it in and I’ll probably even use her, but I can’t get excited over a character I don’t know. Sorry.

Noms: Quan Chi X5
**** Dastardly X2
**** Grayson X3

D

Deleted member

abstain. dont know what it is. please dont tell me.
This is extremely funny to me for some reason.

Anyway.
Forgot to do one of these for Scorpion. I had it typed up too.

Chance - 80%
There's a decent chance it happens. RWBY is still farily popular and has already appeared in a number of crossovers. They literally just put out a DC/RWBY AU comic and has had cameos in a couple of big WB films so it's clearly a franchise they have interest in promoting. I don't think she'll make base roster but DLC is pretty likely. If she happens I also don't think she'll be the only RWBY character.

Want - 60%
I used to watch RWBY but I fell off it pretty hard a couple years ago. There are concepts and characters I enjoy but the actual show doesn't quite do it for me. Ruby wasn't exactly my favorite of the main four when I was watching it, that honor would probably go to Yang or Blake. But I do think she's a lot of fun! I wouldn't mind seeing her at all. She has a fun weapon and a nice design. I could actually see her being a character that I enjoy playing.

Noms to Eric Andre.

Last edited by a moderator:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
(For Fun, don't include in ranking) Chance It'll happen this year: 0%

Ruby Rose is the main character of Roster Teeth's series RWBY. I think Ruby has a lot going for her which will lead her to getting in the game at some point, strong fanbase, solid character, and has a lot to work with in terms of movesets. I do see Ruby as a lock, with that said I doubt she'll come this year. When comparing with other Warner characters she doesn't have more broad appeal (can't think of anything else to describe) like a character like Batman or Bugs does, and in comparison with other Warner Bros. properties is probably oddly specific. She's not even who I think the first anime character would be, we're definitely getting JoJo's before her. Those said, she's a very solid choice for year 2 as hopefully most of the icons not in (like Joker or Scorpion) would be in at this point.

Want: Abstain, don't know much about the show

Noms: Gumball x5

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Ruby Rose
Chance:
85%
It's undeniable that RWBY has found its niche in both the US and Japan and it's honestly really impressive that it has. The fact that there's been a crossover with DC recently is promising, as it shows that WB knows what they have with the property. I just don't think a RWBY character would be particularly high-priority starting out compared to some classic cartoon characters or major prestige show characters. I'd say that once we've had a few reveals her chances will go up, but in the end I definitely see her getting in....just not any time soon.

Want: 50%
I...didn't enjoy RWBY when I watched it. I know it's supposed to get really good in the new seasons, but unfortunately up until the point I watched I only cared about, like, three main characters and one villain. Now, luckily, one of the characters I really liked WAS Ruby herself! She's actually a really fun, cute character with some cool weapons and a bubbly and entertaining personality. However, she wasn't enough to carry the show along with Nora and Penny and so I just straight dropped it and just...don't care for it. She's not someone I would be personally excited for other than a "oh, neat" reaction. That said...her moveset would definitely be really cool! I'm all for character variety in these games and she'd definitely have that.

Nominations: Austin Powers x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
It's calcs time!

Scorpion
Chance: 88.95%
Want: 65. 24%

His chance score isn't surprising, although his want score isn't quite as high as some would assume. A major reason for that is he is just simply expected and thus not a particularly exciting, left field candidate.

Now here is your new shiny noms list. Please check here to see the progress on your noms and to see if your noms have been counted. PM me if there is any questions you have.

100+

75-99

50-74

25-49

1-24
John Stewart x10
Popeye x10
Numbuh 1 x10
Neo x5
Static x5
Eustace Bagge x5
**** Dastardly Richard x5
The Grinch x5
Daffy Duck x5
Austin Powers x5
Quan-Chi x5
Citizen Kane x5
Harvey Birdman x5
Wiz and Boomstick x5
Paul Atreides x5
Ben 10 x5
K.O x5
Eric Andre x5
Gumball x5
John J. Sheridan x4
**** Grayson x3
Mucha Lucha rep x2
Dio Brando x2
Jarro x1
Kuroyukihime x1
Maxwell x1
Jackie Chan x1

I'm not huge fan of RWBY and I never watched that in my life, but she could be very likely, since she could represent Rooster Teeth in Multiversus. Besides, she is very popular character and her franchise is well known in East and West, so it makes her very likely to Multiversus.

Want: 85%

Despite I didn't watch the Show, I could want to see her how she could work in game, since she could have unique moveset due to using her weapons like her Iconic scythe that she has in her hands. She could even use other attack for example.
So, I could want her, because she could be first Rooster Teeth rep in game.

Nomination:
Rick Sanchez x5
Dexter x5
Right now you have less than 10 sentences. That means you have to either write 5 more sentences or choose between Rick or Dexter to nom.

abstain. dont know what it is. please dont tell me. noms to daffy
I can tell you one thing that can get you interested, two words: Gun scythe

The reason it’s so low is because I’ve never heard of her until yesterday. I like the cringey humor, but I feel like I’m not the show's target audience. I’d say it’s target audience is little girls they want to indoctrinate into supporting the second amendment. I probably would like it more if I watched it with my sister as a kid.I’d probably like her more.
Wait so you only found out about the show yesterday and yet you make a bold claim that it's to indoctrinate little girls into supporting an amendment? I don't see where you got that from. [/collapse][/collapse]

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's calcs time!

Scorpion
Chance: 88.95%
Want: 65. 24%

His chance score isn't surprising, although his want score isn't quite as high as some would assume. A major reason for that is he is just simply expected and thus not a particularly exciting, left field candidate.

Now here is your new shiny noms list. Please check here to see the progress on your noms and to see if your noms have been counted. PM me if there is any questions you have.

100+

75-99

50-74

25-49

1-24
John Stewart x10
Popeye x10
Numbuh 1 x10
Neo x5
Static x5
Eustace Bagge x5
**** Dastardly Richard x5
The Grinch x5
Daffy Duck x5
Austin Powers x5
Quan-Chi x5
Citizen Kane x5
Harvey Birdman x5
Wiz and Boomstick x5
Paul Atreides x5
Ben 10 x5
K.O x5
Eric Andre x5
Gumball x5
John J. Sheridan x4
**** Grayson x3
Mucha Lucha rep x2
Dio Brando x2
Jarro x1
Kuroyukihime x1
Maxwell x1
Jackie Chan x1

Right now you have less than 10 sentences. That means you have to either write 5 more sentences or choose between Rick or Dexter to nom.

I can tell you one thing that can get you interested, two words: Gun scythe

Wait so you only found out about the show yesterday and yet you make a bold claim that it's to indoctrinate little girls into supporting an amendment? I don't see where you got that from. [/collapse][/collapse]
Besides, why would a Japanese show be indoctrinating people to like an American law?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Glad to see people are picking up the torch for other platform fighters.

Ruby Rose

55% Chance

This might seem small compared to what other people are posting, but at the end of the day RWBY while the most mainstream of RoosterTeeth's properties is relatively niche. While it did have a DC crossover and appeared in Cross Tag, RWBY is not as mainstream as much of the rest of the WB roster. Properties like Dune for instance tower over RWBY. RWBY getting in Multiversus has the big hurdle of not being the most mainstream pick, which considering how outside the OC this whole roster is pretty mainstream is something to consider.

At the same time, Ruby does offer plenty that will probably make her end up in the game imo. Her moveset potential is high; the idea of a scythe themed acrobatic fighter is tantalizing. Her series has a dedicated fandom that will even defend the show at its worst. She also would add another female character, which given who we have confirmed so far would be a breath of fresh air.

100% Want

I like RWBY as a show a lot. True, some seasons of it are awful. Season 5 of RWBY is one of the worst seasons of a tv show I have ever had the displeasure to sit through in my life. At its peak, it isnt even that amazing. But its fun. The show has a great soundtrack and awesome fight scenes. I would love to see it get more exposure as a result of Multiversus.

If I had to choose a RWBY rep, I know RWBY would have to come first. She is the face of the franchise, but she would open the door to other RWBY picks coming down the line as well. I think characters like Weiss or Blake could also be fun and would make friends of mine happy, so I would love for the door to be opened for them.

Paul Atreides x 10

Last edited:
Top Bottom