• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amageish

Smash Master
Stede Bonnet

Chance: 15%. GoodGrief has already gone through the show's history and rise to cultural prominence, so I'll just run down my thoughts on Stede and Multiversus specifically... For me, there's three main questions that leave me unsure about Stede's chances.

1) How far in advance have they been planning this game's roster? This game is to be a live service game. I see no reason to assume it'll follow a "We make the base roster, release the game, then we start working on DLC" model. This is a 2022 game and Our Flag Means Death is a 2022 show, but the show's breakout success doesn't mean much if they planned out the first year of post-launch content alongside the base game back in 2019...

2) What's the future of this IP? We're still awaiting news about if it is getting a second season, which is strange given its success. This show has all the hallmarks of becoming a cult classic even if it doesn't get a second season, so I'm not particularly concerned about there not being a fandom for it... but I don't know how likely it is that Warner Bros would want to remind people about the show they killed after one season.

3) Would they pick Stede or another character? As GoodGrief points out, Stede is an interesting place of being a pirate, but also very bad at it. This could easily lend itself to a fun wonky moveset, but the number of potential trick/comedy-centric characters for the roster is already huge - arguably more then the potential for "normal" characters. So I could also see them wanting to pick someone like Jim, whose dialogue and interactions would still represent the tone of the show while having a more standard pirate moveset featuring... y'know, actual fighting skill.

So, uh, we'll wait and see? As otherwise I do think this series is a good fit for Multiversus.

Want: 100%. Yeah, the show is amazing! I'll be honest and admit that I didn't really consider it for Multiversus until this day popped up in the schedule, but I'd enjoy it if it happened. The characters are great and the potential for dialogue and character interactions is very high.

Noms: All on Total Drama

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
3) Would they pick Stede or another character? As GoodGrief points out, Stede is an interesting place of being a pirate, but also very bad at it. This could easily lend itself to a fun wonky moveset, but the number of potential trick/comedy-centric characters for the roster is already huge - arguably more then the potential for "normal" characters. So I could also see them wanting to pick someone like Jim, whose dialogue and interactions would still represent the tone of the show while having a more standard pirate moveset featuring... y'know, actual fighting skill.
I didn't get into that because my post was already getting a bit long, but Stede not being the chosen rep is a strong possibility. I think Blackbeard could be picked instead, as he is a more skilled fighter, looks cooler (how many pirates wear leather jackets?) and is played by a celebrity. Plus even if you don't know the show, Blackbeard is a famous historical figure (I imagine "Blackbeard joins the fight!" would get a bit more traction than "Stede Bonnet joins the fight!" or "Jim joins the fight!")

Oh by the way: week 5 after ending, still on top.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Assassin's Creed Goofy Flag

Chance: 10%

As GoodGrief explained, Our Flag Means Death has done well for itself and is very recent so it has that going for it. But whether or not it will get into MultiVersus depends on if it can keep its momentum. We are still waiting on the announcement of a second season which seems likely judging from the promising numbers and the fact that it appeals to a growing group (Can't say which one since it might be spoiler territory I think). So the show has potential to explode in popularity, but we will have to wait and see. I think Stede will be yet another one of those characters that will be worth rerating in the future.

Oh yeah, and it has been pointed out that Stede is not guaranteed to be the rep. He's a safe choice, but so is arguably some of the other members of the cast so that deducts some points too.

Want: 60%

I haven't seen a single episode of this show so I can't say much. But I do like the idea of not just a pirate, but a silly pirate with an "accidental moveset". Those types of characters are always fun to see and Our Flag Means Death seems to have solid writing so I might check it out eventually.

Noms:
Charles Kane x5
Weiss Schnee x5

Calcs coming soonish

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The Powerpuff Girls
Chance: 82.5%
Want: 76%

Noms List

75-99

50-74
Kuroyukihime x52
Charles Kane x51

25-49
Doomsday x40
Johnny Bravo x40
Weiss Schnee x40
John Constantine x30
The Impractical Jokers x30
Concept: Hunter X Hunter rep x30

1-24
All Elite Wrestling rep x23
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Total Drama content x20
Cinder Fall x20
Audrey II x17
Lion-O x16
Wile E. Coyote x15
Concept: Cats Don't Dance rep x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Sesame Street content x10
Juliet Starling x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Dexter x5
Steve Urkel x5
Knight and Ostrich x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Deathstroke from the DC Comics.

Some videos to get into the badass assassin mood:

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Deathstroke

Chance: 45%. So, Deathstroke shares a similar problem to Zatanna, albeit to far less extreme of a degree. The dude is a famous DC character, an iconic mercenary and badass whose would-be biggest projects keep on failing to make it to release.

Peacemaker's not the only killer dancer in the DC universe, y'know...

He's probably most famous for being the villain of the original Teen Titans (where he goes by his actual name, Slade)... and then he turns up in Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, after being teased relentlessly in the spin-off series itself (including the Teen Titans going full Squirrel Girl and beating him off-screen). He is apparently a major presence in the live-action series Titans as well; I have no idea how that series actually turned out after the internet was done roasting it...

Beyond that, he's pretty reoccuring in the Arrowverse... until DC said they couldn't use him anymore because they didn't want to create confusion with the DCEU... where he has done a whole lotta nothing? Like, he's in the DCEU, but he basically just exists in it to set up future projects... and none have made it to completion... and there's apparently been upwards of 7 different DCEU Deathstroke projects cancelled... so... Ouch. Poor Slade, right?

He twies so hard... owo.

Beyond that, Slade's in all the places you would expect him to be: animated films, LEGO media, the Injustice universe, occasional cameos in stuff like Harley Quinn and DC Super Hero Girls (which is a very fun version of the character, if maybe taking too many cues from the Merc with a Mouth). He's a staple of the DC line-up! Just... one seemingly cursed by production hell when it comes to the big-scale projects...

He does also occasionally turn up in crossovers! He is playable in Fortnite after a somewhat major role in the surprisingly-high-stakes official canon Batman Fortnite comic book, which I will drop a video about instead of summarizing myself.

Seriously, watch the video, this comic is insane in how seriously it takes itself.

So, yeah, the guy is famous and beloved, but I feel like he'd either need fan demand or more mainstream media presence to get the priority over the rest of the DC offerings. Y'know, just so most people seeing him won't think of him as "Oh, it's Deadpool but without the interesting bits."

I blame Ryan Ryenolds for that one, Slade...

Want: 80%. Sure, I'd take Slade. His moveset potential really writes itself. He's a really fun character when given the chance to shine, but he's also not really one of my personal faves when it comes to the DC multiverse.

Noms: All on Total Drama content

KillerCage

Smash Master
"I am Deathstroke, the Treminator!"

Chances- 40%

amageish amageish already brought a lot of points including his major appearances which all have happened in the last quarter century. So Slade is very recognizable to the general auidence. There are a couple issues Slade does have to face if he wants to join the MultiVerses roster. Arguably his biggest problem is that Deathstroke is a DC Comics character and MultiVerses already has plenty of DC characters. Based on what has been confirmed and "leaked", I do think Slade can distinguish himself from the rest of the DC characters though characters have higher priority. Can he distinguish himself from the other characters in the roster? That's what making me worried. Slade is a walking arsenal of an action hero/anti-hero who uses guns, swords, explosives, and countless more. I don't know about you, but that sound like Neo just without the reality-bending powers. Deathstroke is going to have a big uphill battle ahead of him if he wants to join MultiVerses.

Want- 80%

I grew up with the original Teen Titins cartoon so I'm quite familiar with Slade or should I say Deathstroke. I would be pleasantly surprised if he did make it into MultiVerses.

My noms: Cinder Fall (RWBY) x10

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Slade Wilson

Chance: 70%

Deathstroke is pretty popular and well known villain, he certainly has enough popularity to get around WB and DC's inability to make a new TV/film project that involves him in some form. He's easily distinguishable enough from other potential characters, at worst you have a hybrid of a sword fighter and a gun fighter with a lance, nunchucks and numerous other weapons on the side. If you want to make a deeper cut you can throw in his Speed Force bull**** from when he stole a bit of Wally West's power.

Want: 100%

He's one of my favourite villains in the DC universe so I'd love for him to show up. There's plenty of fun interactions to have with other characters who've trained in assassination and the like as well.

Nominations:

All on Lion-O

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Death Stroke/Slade

Chance- 50%
I think he being a famous Teen Titans villain would boost his chances a bit. The major issue he has is villain or not have a lot of competition against bunch of DC characters including the Titans themselves.

Want- 5%
Couldn't given him a 0 due to there are some characters I prefer to see less than Slade. But Slade is one of my lesser favourite Teen Titans villain.

Noms
Kuroyukihime-x4
Weiss Schnee-x1

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
"For the record, I'm nobody's slave"

Chance: 50%

Deathstroke is an anomaly. On one hand he's pretty recognizable, being the main villain of the original Teen Titans show and having plenty of appearances throughout DC history. He's also well liked in general, being a badass assassin with a slick design and holding a strong arsenal of weapons. On the other hand, he has bad luck with not receiving his own movie or show, and for some reason a good portion of his TV show incarnations are relegated to a side character. So it's basically a coin flip whether he will join MultiVersus. There are already a lot of DC candidates lined up for a spot, so Deathstroke's in a questionable spot when it comes to priority. I think Amageish said it best when he said that Deathstroke does need some more fan demand or at least a standout role to be a very solid candidate.

Want: 80%

Heck yeah, Deathstroke is ******* awesome. He already gets some points since I grew up with the original Teen Titans and Slade was really well-written and cool. But in general he's just neat with him being a mercenary and I look forward to seeing him more when I make my way through DC's immense back catalogue.

Noms:
Weiss Schnee x5
Knight and Ostrich x5

Stede Bonnet
Chance: 11.67%
Want: 86.67%

Noms List

75-99

50-74
Kuroyukihime x56
Charles Kane x56

25-49
Weiss Schnee x46
Johnny Bravo x45
Doomsday x40
John Constantine x30
Total Drama content x30
Cinder Fall x25
Concept: Cats Don't Dance rep x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Audrey II x17
Lion-O x16
Wile E. Coyote x15
Juliet Starling x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Dexter x5
Steve Urkel x5
Knight and Ostrich x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chance- 60%
Like all DC characters Deathstroke faces competition with other characters. But he has some stuff going for him. That being his popularity and his extreme prevalence in the last couple of years. He's been on Arrow and Titans, was a big villian in the Arkham Games, got his own animated mini series, has had a high number of comic appearances and was set to be the main villian in Ben Alfeck's Batman movie before that got canned. DC love using him. If this game goes on long enough I could see it.

Want - 50%
Sure. I like him. Part of me feels he's been kind of overused in the last couple of years, but he's still a really great villian who I think would be cool to see.

Noms to Juliet

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Gizmo from Gremlins.

Some videos to get into the mood to feed creatures after midnight:

D

Deleted member

Don't feed him after midnight.

Chance - 90%
Gremlins is an iconic and beloved 80s film. Gizmo (and Spike) made it into Lego Dimensions and there is a Gizmo cartoon coming to HBO Max. Most importantly Gizmo is heavily referenced in the game's files. There is an icon for him and multiple characters have voice lines for him. I think they may do something similar to Lego Dimensions where Gizmo can transform into an evil gremlin.

Want- 90%
I love both Gremlins movies. Gizmo is just such a little cutie and I think he could have a pretty fun moveset.

Noms to Juliet.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Don't push Gizmo too far!

Chances- 90%

Gremlins is a very recognizable 1984 film. In fact it. alongside Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. was responsible for the PG-13 rating. Gremlins 2, while not as successful as the original movie, has gone on to become a cult status film. @Darkonedagger already mentioned Gizmo's appearance in Lego Dimensions and I wasn't aware there is going to be a Gremlins cartoon before he brought it up. There is also that "leak" in which Gizmo was featured as part of MultiVerses' roster. Aside from a lack of new films, I say Gizmo has a very good shot at joining the battle in MultiVerses.

Want- 100%

I remember when I rented Gremlins from Blockbuster; my mom tried to warn me that it was a scary film. She was half-right; it was a horror-comedy. I would later get both films on DVD. So yeah, you could say I grew up with Gremlins. I would be VERY happy if Gizmo made it into MutiVerses.

amageish

Smash Master
Gizmo

Chance: 90%. Yeah, Gremlins is pretty darn likely IMO. "Iconic long-running franchise with ongoing content" is pretty much Multiversus' bread and butter. It's a popular choice for the game and, yeah, Warner likes to show it off when they can... Here's the obligatory Space Jam reference for the write-up.

I'm running out of sarcastic quips to say about this movie.

And the obligatory LEGO reference...

I quite enjoyed how LEGO Batman handled its crossover elements! This is a top-tier Batman film.

There's not many reasons to think Gremlins aren't coming eventually, even if they end up out-prioritized for the game's initial roster.

Want: Abstain. Haven't seen these films! I don't know how I missed them, but I have...

Noms: Noms to Total Drama

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
No Water Allowed

Chance: 90%

Gremlins has a decent degree of staying power between all he different cameos and crossovers it's able to get into so it's definitely something WB like pushing should the chance provide itself. It's also hard to not talk about leaks when the character of the day's been in them and yeah, Gizmo's in some that seem pretty solid so pending some messy stuff, Gizmo's got a very good shot.

Want: 95%

I love the Gremlins movies, 2's definitely not good but it's fun seeing all the little monsters cause chaos all the same. Gizmo would be fun and I'm all for him having a move based on his Rambo moment from 2. I'm more partial to the bad Gremlins that actually mess things up because there's so much weird and wacky things for them to do in a fighting game.

Noms:
All on Lion-O

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What does "after midnight" mean anyway...?

Chance: 95%
Gremlins, while not a pop culture juggernaut like Indiana Jones or Terminator, was a solid little duology that definitely holds nostalgic value for those that were exposed to it back in the day. Directed by the always unappreciated Joe Dante and produced by Steven Spielberg himself (who is often thought to have directed, so marked is his influence in the project), Gremlins 1 was a very anarchic Christmas adventure supported by amazing animatronics, slightly edgy comedy and a shockingly violent bent (which famously led to the creation of the PG-13 rating). As it was fairly inexpensive to produce, its wild success meant Dante got complete creative freedom with the sequel. Gremlins 2: The New Batch doubled down on the comedy and turned into a special effects galore, effectively creating the live action equivalent of a Looney Tunes cartoon (this got a mixed reception from people who were expecting a more grounded movie - at least, as grounded as a movie with gremlins could be - but I say it was just ahead of its time). In today's media landscape, where IP is king, a franchise with elements as iconic as Gremlins does will not be left unused for long. Sure enough, an animated prequel is set for release on HBO Max this year (though it's been delayed several times, so who knows if this year will be the one) and reports claim a Gremlins 3 is in the works.

WB loves reminding people that Gremlins existed and they made it, giving it cameos in every crossover they can (Space Jam 2, the LEGO films and Dimensions) and it seems like MultiVersus is an inevitability.

Gizmo is: 1. Cute. 2. Very popular (because he's cute) 3. The main "protagonist" Gremlin that never turns to evil like his brethren (offspring? Gremlin biology is odd) It seems obvious that he would be the character chosen, especially considering he's the only Gremlin that survives the first movie to return in the second one (most people confuse the two antagonist Gremlins, Stripe and Mohawk, but they're different characters) and will also be in the prequel show. While the first movie mostly sees the human characters killing Gremlins (in very creative ways), Gizmo does level up from his useless cute little guy status near the end of the movie, where he drives an RC car; in the sequel, he goes full Rambo (quite literally) so there'd be no issue crafting a moveset if they want to pull from that.

And then there's the fact that he was apparently leaked, so that kind of settles it.

I love these movies. The second one more than the first, I just love how bat**** insane it is, but both movies have just the right balance of dark comedy, awesome violence, and wholesome moments to make them very entertaining watches. And the special effects by maestro Stan Winston are the star of the show, there's seemingly no end to what he can do, they're worth the watch alone. I'm also very excited for the show because c'mon, Gremlins in 1920s China, that's gotta be cool. So yeah! Give us Gizmo.

Noms: Cats Don't Dance rep

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Deathstroke
Chance: 52.5%
Want: 65.83%

Noms List

75-99

50-74
Kuroyukihime x60
Charles Kane x56
Weiss Schnee x52

25-49
Johnny Bravo x45
Doomsday x40
Total Drama content x40
Cinder Fall x35
John Constantine x30
Concept: Cats Don't Dance rep x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Lion-O x21
Juliet Starling x20
Audrey II x17
Wile E. Coyote x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Knight and Ostrich x10
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Dexter x5
Steve Urkel x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Rambo Gremlin

Chance: 80%

Gremlins is a classic horror/comedy that is still recognisable to this day. Not only does it have legacy, it's also got that promotional aspect with the upcoming prequel on HBO Max. So the series is going back into the spotlight just in time for MultiVersus, especially if those Gremlins 3 rumors turn out true.
Oh yeah, and there is some datamined stuff that is supposed to point towards Gizmo. Now I don't put too much stock into leaks because even with datamines, stuff can still change. Game development can suddenly shift for whatever reason so there is no guarantee that stuff in the game's files will all come true.
That said, it's Gremlins. I have no doubt Warner Bros is keeping the IP in mind.

Want: 95%

I grew up with the Gremlin films and I always have a blast with the films. They are wild, no holds barred entertainment with standout scenes such as the Gremlins partying and the grandma flying out the window. So yeah, I would be very happy with the adorable Gizmo getting into the game.

Noms:
Lion-O x5
Charles Kane x5

Day over.

Rate Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty.

Some videos to get into the mood to discuss Adult Swim's Back to the Future reboot:

D

Deleted member

Richard and Mortimer
Chance- 100%
This might seem high. But there are a number of things that make me rate Rick so high. There's that the series is super popular with a loyal fanase. Plus the series has had crossovers already such as its appearance in Space Jam 2. But most importantly there is that Rick is in the game. We've seen his model. He has a moveset in the files. We've seen concept art for his stage. There is apparently a mr Meeseeks item in the latest beta. There's even evidence pointing towards us getting Morty too. It's happening.

Want- 20%

Haven't watched this show since like season 2. I kind of just lost interest. But it's not a bad show and Rick being here would make pepole happy. Plus there's enough going on in the show for him to have a really crazy moveset.

Noms to Juliet

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Funniest **** I've ever seen

Chance: 100%
Rick and Morty is a mega hit, no other way to describe it. It's like the biggest Adult Swim show ever I think. The fanbase is rabid. It's still ongoing. WB wastes no chance to put it in anything they can, no matter how child friendly. Also, homie's been leaked. He's straight up happening, and it would surprise me if he ended up the only R&M rep.

Want: 5%
I find the show woefully overrated, the writing is smart at times but relies too much on wacky catchphrases for humor. The fanbase is frankly exhausting (but you, reader, are probably the exception). The best thing I can say is that Rick just kinda has to be in, it wouldn't make sense not to have him and he has his place in TV animation history. But it's a big shrug from me.

Noms: Cats Don't Dance rep

KillerCage

Smash Master
Stop parodying Doc Brown, Rick Sanchez!

Chances- 95%

@Darkonedagger brought up most of the points in Rick's favor. I know that Rick is practically confirmed because of that "leak." There is still some room for doubt like DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 bought up in his rating for Gizmo. I will say this: it will very surprising if Rick did not make it into MultiVerses.

Want- 15%

I almost abstained from giving a want score as I never saw Rick & Morty. However I am quite familiar of the show's "reputation." I'm not a big fan of "adult cartoons." They tend to be mean-spirited, ugly to watch, or focus on crude comedy. Rick & Morty's art style does not appeal to me. I also hear the show has gone downhill since Season 3. I'm sure there are Rick Sanchez on this website and would be excited if he joined MultiVerses. I, however, will never be one of his fans.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Gizmo
Chance: 89.17%
Want: 96%

Gizmo is now the most wanted character, beating Maxwell by 2%. Wow, that just goes to show how beloved Gremlins is.

Noms List

75-99

50-74
Charles Kane x61
Kuroyukihime x60
Weiss Schnee x52

25-49
Johnny Bravo x45
Cinder Fall x45
Total Drama content x45
Doomsday x40
Concept: Cats Don't Dance rep x35
Lion-O x31
John Constantine x30
Juliet Starling x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Audrey II x17
Wile E. Coyote x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Knight and Ostrich x10
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Dexter x5
Steve Urkel x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

My rating is coming soonish.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick
Chance: 100%
It's super obvious that he's gonna be in. Seriously, why hasn't he been confirmed yet? Everyone knows he's a lock. Like, come on now, just reveal him already. The wait for Aang's NASB reveal wasn't even this long.
Want: 70%
Are the other [adult swim] characters I'd rather have first? Yeah.
Is his show still as good as when it started? Not really.
Do I still think he's a good inclusion for this game? Absolutely.
An old man mad scientist that can do pretty much anything seems like the perfect fit for a funny crossover fighting game. I definitely think he'll be a fun character to play as.

Noms: Wile E. Coyote x10

amageish

Smash Master
Rick Sanchez

Chance: 100%. Rick and Morty is a juggernaut of a show. It's a huge with a giant fanbase containing unironic viewers, ironic viewers, and unironic viewers who do not seem to realize the irony of the show and that the moral of show isn't meant to be that being emotionally distant from the world at large is a good idea. It's going to get in the game. There is no reason not to include it.

It's weird how I have done a full deep dive on Big Chungus in this thread and this feels like a bigger ****post. Oh well. Let's go over the crossover history while we're here, I guess...

Back before Disney bought The Simpsons, Rick and Morty killed them. Something-something-modern-Simpsons-bad-something-something-please-laugh.

See, it's funny... because violence.

Rick and Morty have sold out to promote a wide array of products, up to and including arty things like Death Stranding, which feels... like a tonal tension, but whatever.

Honestly, this being the E3 trailer would at least have been a lot less traumatizing then the weird hyper-realistic fetus ad we got...

Rick and Morty appear in the party platformer Move or Die, which kind of surprises me as I just... don't know how they ended up there? Like, the game is good, but I don't know what ties it to Adult Swim or Rick and Morty in particular. Like, Adult Swim Games is a thing and they have made Rick and Morty games before, but they don't seem involved with Move or Die... Oh well. They're there.

For reference, Rick's bio in this is the entire "To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty" copypasta.

And, of course, Rick is in Fortnite. He joined during an alien-themed season alongside Superman.

Rick's model is very jank in comparison to other Fortnite models, but I... guess that is part of the joke?

And, finally, in the ultimate sign of selling out... We got a cameo Space Jam 2 - an oddity by all accounts when Cartoon Network didn't get cameos in the film, but Adult Swim did...

I'm sure the children in the audience found this hillarious... This is the fourth time I have made that same comment.

So, yeah. Rick is coming to the game.... I don't see a timeline where he doesn't. Something-something-multiverse.

Want: Abstain. Can't say I care about this one in the slightest...

Noms: All on Total Drama Content

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
oh my gosh Morty you see that? oh my gosh Morty stop that! Oh my gosh Morty why do I keep speaking like this?

Chance: 99%

Rick and Morty is up there with stuff like JoJo that the internet loves to discuss and meme to death. While the show has apparently declined in quality, it's still very popular and has lasting power. Plus Warner Bros loves to shove it in a bunch of stuff as explained above so yeah this seems like an obvious pick.
In terms of the leaks, I know I just said earlier that there is always that tinge of doubt, but the evidence is quite damming. First, we had that picture leak before the game came out that had Rick and Gandalf on it. And now that we have seen the initial roster, it's very interesting that the renders for the characters are identical to the ones seen in the leak. That right there shows that Rick (and Gandalf) are super likely to be in the game. Also, I just found out about this but Rick has files in the game including a full moveset? If that's true then we should be seeing Rick announced sometime soon, whenever they feel like releasing the game. Overall, it's hard for me to give any character a 100, but Rick makes me very tempted because everything is pointing towards him happening.

Want: 60%

You all know by now how I feel about Adult Swim's shows. But I am ok with Rick and Morty since it's a big deal in pop culture. Plus the art style and animation is actually pretty good (in my opinion) so at least it's not ugly to look at. Overall it's a respectable choice, not one that I care about, but it does make a lot of sense.

Noms: Rampage rep x10

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Rick

Chance- 95%
He is definitely the icon of Adult Swim right now. He also popped up in crossovers left and right. I think Rick is a near lock due and an obvious pick to these factors.

Want- 90%
Ever since I've started to watch Rick and Morty, Rick is definitely up there in picks. He would definitely have a funny yet awesome moveset for sure.

Noms
Kuroyukihime-x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Today we have a double day. Rate Scooby-Doo, as well as Concept: Characters with no Warner Bros Connection.

For the concept, we are rating characters that have zero products made by or distributed by Warner Bros. Some examples of IPs that fit the bill are:
  • Wreck it Ralph
  • Stranger Things
  • Super Mario
  • The Office
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Spider-Man

Some videos to get into the mood to look for Scooby-Doo:

No videos for the concept since it's really broad.

A reminder that this is the last day of the schedule. So make those noms count.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Day over.

Today we have a double day. Rate Scooby-Doo, as well as Concept: Characters with no Warner Bros Connection.

For the concept, we are rating characters that have zero products made by or distributed by Warner Bros. Some examples of IPs that fit the bill are:
  • Wreck it Ralph
  • Stranger Things
  • Super Mario
  • The Office
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Spider-Man

Some videos to get into the mood to look for Scooby-Doo:

No videos for the concept since it's really broad.

A reminder that this is the last day of the schedule. So make those noms count.
I have a clarification question regarding Wreck It Ralph, which you listed as a franchise with no WB connection.

We are only counting the stuff made specifically for the film and not the cameos correct?

Because if we were counting cameos, then various Midway Arcade games appear in the series (one of which is plot relevant), thus it has a connection (albeit one that is one way only)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I have a clarification question regarding Wreck It Ralph, which you listed as a franchise with no WB connection.

We are only counting the stuff made specifically for the film and not the cameos correct?

Because if we were counting cameos, then various Midway Arcade games appear in the series (one of which is plot relevant), thus it has a connection (albeit one that is one way only)
I'm gonna say that doesn't count. While that is technically a connection, it's more of a reference than something that Warner Bros had a hand in.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm gonna say that doesn't count. While that is technically a connection, it's more of a reference than something that Warner Bros had a hand in.
Gotcha. Wanted to clarify before giving a rating.

Starting with Scoob!

The namesake of the Scooby-Doo franchise, I’m surprised he hasn’t been implemented yet. Sure Shaggy and Velma are awesome, but it feels a bit strange to not have the top canine himself in. That said, perhaps the Multiversus devs think that Shaggy and Velma are all that is needed gameplay wise and have a hard time determining how Scooby could play.

I always enjoyed the antics Scooby and Shaggy get into when solving mysteries and having the two of them team up against WB stars would be awesome.

Characters with no WB connection
Chance: 50%
First off, I’m ignoring any leaks for this game when giving ratings. Benefit of the doubt and all that.

Now one of the devs stated that Multiversus is not necessarily a WB exclusive crossover, meaning we could see characters from these non WB franchises show up. Will we though? That I think is a question only time can answer.

Want: 15%
There are a lot of WB characters I want to see before getting into non WB stuff. Maybe down the line, or if we go the Brawlhalla route and have guest characters serve as skins.

Noms: All to Steve Urkel

D

Deleted member

Scoobert Doobert
Chance - 80%
Scooby Doo is one of the most iconic cartoons of all time. Now. Scooby Doo already has two reps in the game, Velma and Shaggy, but I don't think that hurts the Great Dane's chances any. He's a beloved and iconic character and his being, you know, a dog, would make him stand out from other characters. Plus he could do the things they didn't do with Shaggy since they focused on the UI meme, Scooby Snacks, Big Sandwiches, being cowardly, the Mystery Machine. I think theres a chance. Plus he is one of many characters referenced in the files

Want - 80%
I've allways loved Scooby. It would feel kind of odd if he was left out of this game. Its very easy to draft a moveset for him and the alternative costume potential is off the charts.

Ultimate Showdown

Chance - 70%
I think there's a strong chance we get a couple. The devs have implied they chose not to use the Warner name on the game for a reason. Mega Crossovers are big bucks, just look at Fortnite. Stranger Thing's Eleven has been found referenced in the files, and while things can easily change, I don't think they'd go to the trouble of getting permission to use another company's character, and an actress's likeness, if the model I've seen floating around is real, if they weren't going to use them.. It seems pretty likely. Now exactly what they go for is unknown to me. I could see a Walking Dead character, as that show seems to crossover with everything under the sun, maybe some video game characters. the Nature of these things makes them kind of impossible to predict. I do think these characters, if they happen, will be treated as special cases and the majority will still be WB. Disney content is definitely not happening though

Want - 15%
Part of me would vastly prefer they stick to WB and build an interesting roster of deep cuts from there. However. There is a dumb consumer part of me that can't help but love IP mash ups like this. It all depends on who it is. I can't say Eleven really does much for me but I'm not gonna pretend I wouldn't mark out if a character I was interested in got included in a game like this. It all depends on who, and how they're implemented. I don't want it to go full Fortnite though.

Noms to Juillet Starling and Johnny Bravo

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If they are on HBO Max then that counts as a connection. I just wanted to make that clear for others here. And I'm pretty sure DBZ aired on Toonami at one point.
Speaking of HBO Max, would said connection also apply to any shows and movies that exit the service?
A lot of shows (mostly documentaries from Curiosity Stream and anime) are exiting the service as we approach the services second year and the first full year under Warner Bros Discovery.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Speaking of HBO Max, would said connection also apply to any shows and movies that exit the service?
A lot of shows (mostly documentaries from Curiosity Stream and anime) are exiting the service as we approach the services second year and the first full year under Warner Bros Discovery.
I would say yes. I'm not sure how many of those shows will stick with other platforms but my logic here is that they still distributed the product in some way and they can always get the rights back to at least some of those shows.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Scooby Doo! Where are you?

Chances- 90%

It's very difficult to imagine Scooby Doo missing out in MultiVerses. He is probably the most well known Hanna-Barbera character ever outside of Tom and Jerry who're already in MultiVerses. We already have Shaggy and Velma in the roster. There is also that "leak" that confirms his inclusion. While competition from other Hanna-Barbera characters is a issue, I don't see it being much of a problem considering how important Scooby is. I would be very shocked if our favorite mystery dog skipped out on MultiVerses.

Want- 85%

Repeat after me. I grew up with Scooby Doo. I have seen the first four direct to video movies and the two live-action theatrical films. I have also seen several series including Mystery Incorporated which is my favorite. Creating a moveset for Scooby shouldn't be difficult considering his long history. I would be happy if Scooby Doo joined the roster of MultiVerses.

Wait, what's your connection to Warner Brothers again?

Chances- 65%

We have heard from the devs are open to non-WB characters. That event actually happening remains to be see. There are plenty of licensing issues from just the properities WB owns or has the distribution rights to. Going beyond WB seems too costly to me. Then again Eleven from Stranger Things was listed in that "leak." We have to wait and see if MultiVerses is going to have any non-Warner Brothers content.

Want- 10%

I'll be blunt. I'm NOT a fan of the idea of non-WB content in MultiVerses. Putting in anything that has no connection to WB into game destroys the central theming. Smash has altered its theming between games, but one rule that has remained consistent is that if you want to be included in the roster of Smash, you have to originate from a video game. If you have no theming, then you will end up like Fortnite which is VERY unappealing. If the devs decide to include non-WB characters in MultiVerses, I would likely not pick up the game.

My noms:
Cinder Fall (RWBY) x10
Static x10

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Scooby-Doo

Chance: 85%. Scooby-Doo is an iconic cartoon staple. He's from an absurdly-long-running series that manages to remain relevant with both kids and adults today... even if it has a shaky record of quality to say the least.

Scooby is the title character and an icon. His potential moveset kind of writes itself? He can be scared. He can eat food. He can find clues. He has a lot of skills that could transfer into a cartoon-y slapstick

For reference, this is not me accidentally posting a gif from Family Guy. This was the art style of the 2015 series Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!... It was weird.

Scooby-Doo does already have two characters on the roster - Shaggy, the human protagonist, and Velma, a supporting character who is getting her own adult-audience HBO Max series later this year. That said, I don't think that'll impact the odds of getting Scooby himself that much in the long-term? Even if he misses the boat for the base roster, there's still plenty of time to add good old Scoob down the line.

This is normally when I'd note the character's history with crossovers to see if Multiversus would be following an established trend, but... Well. Scooby-Doo content is already in the game. Moreover, Scooby Doo has had... A LOT of crossovers. The most recent Scooby-Doo TV series is literally based around crossover episodes - largely with real-life celebrity guests, but they met a handful of other Warner Bros IPs along the line as well..

Wait, but I thought this Scooby-Doo worked with HBO Max, not the Amazon... I apologize for that pun.

It's also been in most of the normal Warner Bros IP places: Space Jam 2, LEGO Dimensions, etc etc, Scooby Doo just... really likes doing crossovers.

More like Mission Im-paw-ssible, amiright?

They've had several DC comics lines, generally focusing on crossovers with characters from the Bat-Family... and this gets to the point of them having an honest-to-god Crisis event - Crisis of Infinite Scoobys - where all the cast gets to interact with their... divergent adaptations.

I would provide context for why Daphne has a heavy machine gun, but it is objectively funnier if I do not provide that context.

Point is: the series is long, it doesn't take itself too seriously, it fits the tone of the game, it already has two characters in the roster, Scooby will eventually make it in the game to join his friends.

Want: 70%. Normally I'd abstain from a character with as divergent of an history in terms of tone and writing like this, but I feel roughly the same about most incarnations of Scooby. He is a cute dog who gets scared. It'd be nice to have him in the roster, but I'm not jumping for joy at the idea of it or anything, especially when we already got my personal favourite member of Mystery Incorporated in the roster.

Ah, Velma, never change... Unless that change is from queer subtext to text. In that case, do change!

Concept: Characters With No Warner Bros Connections

Chance: 70%. So, people like crossovers. People like surprises. People like fighting games. So... Why not go for it? Why not expand this fighting game beyond Warner Bros for max crossover, max surprise, and to expand the audience of this fighting game? Why not go-all-out?

Obviously Disney is where a lot of minds go for this sort o' thing, though you'd have to think that Disney would be more interested in making their own Smash-alike then joining Multiversus..

As both SneakyLink and Darkonedagger note, the developers have said they are open to expanding beyond Warner Bros and that the game isn't called Warner Bros: Multiversus for a reason... And there are definitely advantages to expanding.

The main thing here, IMO, is hype. Before the game leaked, Jeff Grubb reported that the game would be trying to recapture the hype of Smash reveals. While the current advertising strategy doesn't exactly reflect that, it is possible they have plans for launch/post-launch that will be of that ilk. And making the sky the limit is very good for getting people hyped and talking about your game. You gotta get those shocked YouTube videos going "YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHO THEY ADDED TO MULTIVERSUS (live reaction)".

I do not know anything about Homestuck, but I was told using a gif of it would be funny here and so I did...

However... not to sound too cynical here, but there is obviously an actual limit? Not every company will want to work with Multiversus. There is also benefit to leaving doors open, even if there's no concrete plans to expand beyond the Warner Bros focus... and talking about how the doors are always open for more crossovers often leads to people making memes about all the weird options they could maybe add to the game... which gives the game free advertising.

Shrek is not likely to come to Multiversus, but you can still always meme about it...

So, personally, I think it's more likely than not that Multiversus will eventually expand... but it's also possible the door will just always be left open, but never used.

Want: Uh. Um. Er... Ugh...

Same, Taiga. Same.

So, let's talk about Fortnite, shall we? Fortnite is one of the biggest games in the world and it has become known for its crossovers. I've mentioned them semi-regularly as this thread as the epidemy of a cross-branded crossover game. The crossover element is neat - it can be fun, it can be funny, and it definitely makes the game more appealing to me personally.

It's funnier to not provide context for this one either...

But I... do not care about Fortnite speculation. At least, not beyond "It'd be nice if America Chavez was added sometime in the next week to promote Doctor Strange 2" and other basic "I would enjoy it if [mainstream thing] is added for [promotional reason]" takes... I would not participate in a Rate Their Chances: Fortnite Edition. If Multiversus does go full Fortnite, that won't impact my interest in playing the game, but it would likely kill my interest in participating in the fandom.

Noms: All on Total Drama Content

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Rick Sanchez
Chance: 98.43%
Want: 43.33%

In a not so shocking turn of events, Rick has surpassed Joker as the most likely character. I don't think I need to go over the elephant in the room of why that is.

Noms List

75-99

50-74
Kuroyukihime x65
Charles Kane x61
Cinder Fall x55
Total Drama content x55
Weiss Schnee x52

25-49
Johnny Bravo x45
Concept: Cats Don't Dance rep x45
Doomsday x40
Juliet Starling x35
Lion-O x31
John Constantine x30
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Audrey II x17
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Knight and Ostrich x10
Rampage rep x10
Snow Miser x7
Six Flags content x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Dexter x5
Steve Urkel x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Why do we need to keep looking for you Scooby?

Chance: 85%

This dog needs no introduction. He has an immense amount of popularity and the iconic status to make him a staple of culture. He's got legacy, he's got relevancy. The only question is will we get him despite already having Shaggy and Velma? I assume/hope so. It kind of gives me a bit of pause why those two came first but I can somewhat understand it with the ULtra Instinct meme and I believe Velma has her own show coming up or something like that so it's somewhat understandable why they came first. But I find it hard to believe they would ever skip out on Scooby himself entirely. He's got to come someday.

It feels so wrong to have Shaggy and Velma in the game but not Scooby. He needs to be here. No excuses. As for my personal experience with Scoob, I grew up with the original Scooby-Doo Where Are You? as well as What's New, Scooby-Doo? Plus numerous of the countless amounts of movies they have released over the years. So yeah Scoob has a special place in my heart. I'm giving him a 100 not quite because I would be excited for him as much as I would be for Ruby Rose, Godzilla, or the Ed bois, but because he feels required.

No Fortnite speculation, please!

I just have this sinking feeling that this is the direction that the game might head in. See in the tweet that the above people have mentioned, the devs have specified that "anyone is possible." At first I assumed that it just meant characters that aren't directly owned by Warner Bros but is something that they have a connection to and can get the rights to. Maybe that's what they meant. But I'm starting to realize the reality of the situation. Fortnite is the big example of how crossovers can make a product more appealing to the masses, even if there is no theme to the crossover and they just add whoever. This sets a precedent that other companies like Warner Bros have certainly noticed and with the game not being called "WB Rumble" or something like that, by all means they have the right to add Shrek or Spider-Man or whatever.

But what really set the fuse is the fact that Eleven from Stranger Things has a model in the files. Of course that doesn't mean she has to come to the game, especially since it seems to be a very basic model that the devs could have made very quickly, just to get her ready in case if an agreement goes through. But even if that logic was true, the mere fact that she has something in the game's files implies that Warner Bros is tempted to add whatever to the game, regardless of if they can make money off of the property in some other way (through distributing or co-producing a product in the franchise).

So with all that in mind, I think there is a relatively strong chance that Warner Bros could turn this game into the Fortnite of platform fighters....

Want: 5%

...which haunts me. To be honest I really don't want this to happen. The thing about speculation is that it has its limits. And while Warner Bros has a massive catalogue, if they sticked to it there is the chance for some great deep cuts. But if they choose to not stick to any theme and just include anyone then you can say goodbye to the chances of deep cuts. No Ed bois to be found. We would just basically be speculating on characters that have something upcoming to promote, which is very boring and would kill some of my enjoyment of speculation. The only reason why this ain't a 0 is because no doubt this would lead to some silly matchups like Wreck it Ralph vs Shrek. But as the person leading Rate Their Chances, I think it would be a bad idea for anyone to be possible because then predicting who will come next becomes impossible. Plus with the immense competition I'm afraid that even characters like Ruby who have a fair shot right now, might not even be considered amongst the vast mainstream IPs.

Noms:
Weiss Schnee x13
Rampage rep x2
Doomsday x5

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Scooby Doo

Chance- 85%
Given that Shaggy and Velma are in already I think it is pretty likely Scooby himself will be the third rep. Since Reindog is in as well there shouldn't be too much of an issue to implementing an another quadped character.

Want- 5%
I am not too much of a big Scooby Doo fan in general. Yet it feels kind of off with Shaggy without Scooby.

Characters With No Warner Bros Connections

Chance- 40%
I would of rated the chance a lot lower if it wasn't for the devs being willing to have non WB characters in the game. Despite what the devs said I don't think it is a guarantee that a non WB connected character would show up in the game. There's a possibility they want to focus on WB connected characters first.

Want- 50%
For my want it purely depends on who the character in question is. If it was a character I would really like it would be an auto 95%-100% want and of course near 0% want if it is a character I despise or have no interest in.

Noms-
Kuroyukihime- x5

Top Bottom