• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 145 - David Mills (Se7en) and Lapis Lazuli (Steven Universe)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Leatherface
Chance: 20%
Want: 58.33%

Mac & Bloo (2nd rating)
Chance: 30.25%
Want: 46.33%

Cecils
Chance: 0.02%
Want: 1%

TOM
Chance: 43.5%
Want: 72.5%

Mothra (2nd rating)
Chance: 15%
Want: 96.67%

Lex Luthor
Chance: 78.33%
Want: 63.33%

In a sudden, out of left field turn, Mothra just became Multiversus RTC's most wanted character, beating out Maxwell who had a 94% for want and kicking Static off of the Top 10 for Want. It's funny how math works sometimes....

Noms List

50+

25-49
Ted Turner x45
Concept: Doom Patrol content x40
Mr. Frog x40
Gabriel (Malignant) x35
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x34
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x32
Shang Tsung x30
Jay Gatsby x30
Rick Flag x30
Professor Fate x30
Concept: Ballmastrz 9009 characters x27
Cat in the Hat x26
Krypto the Superdog x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
Summer (Rick & Morty) x25
Revolting Slob (Crashbox) x25
Snagglepuss x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
Rosie the Robot x21
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Concept: Velma (2023) skins x20
Dreamer x20
Shmoo (Li'l Abner) x20
Larry and Steve x20
Concept: Fox Animated TV rep x20
Concept: What a Cartoon! content x20
Black Dynamite x18
Tanjiro x18
Omar Little x17
Concept: Marvel characters x16
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Dethlok x15
Darla Dimple x15
Concept: My Hero Academia character x12
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep x10
Eva Ernst x10
Concept: Moral Orel rep x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Colonel Rimfire x10
Duck Dragons x10
Huckleberry Hound x10
Quick Draw McGraw x10
Dynomutt x10
Watchmen rep x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
Supergirl x7
Sylvester and Tweety x7
Captain Planet x7
The Mask x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Booster Gold x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
Marine Boy x5
Wade Watts x5
John J. Sheridan x4
The Flash x4
Jabberjaw x3
Numbuh 1 x3
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1
Smormu x1

ivanlerma ivanlerma What do you have in mind for what's considered What a Cartoon! "content"? Because depending on how you want to approach this, it may be confirmed as soon as tomorrow.

Georgie boy

Chance: 10%

The Jetsons is utterly iconic, despite it not really being relevant anymore. That being said, I do expect content from it to appear at some point. But I do subscribe to the opinion that George probably isn't it. He's just a typical guy who can handle some machinery like flying ships and other stuff which could lend itself to a decent moveset? But then again as others have mentioned Rosie would be a more obvious and interesting character and from what we've seen from the devs, they would certainly choose Rosie I'd think. So yeah, the odds aren't on George's side, that's for sure.

Want: 50%

I'd prefer Rosie, but generally speaking I'm just apathetic towards The Jetsons. I'm not into sitcoms and thus never had any interest in it. I do respect it and to an extent I do think it would be sort of a big deal for it to be included in the game, even if only because it's so recognizable to the point of almost feeling obligatory.

As I'm Singin'....in the Rain!!!!!!

This one's tough, man. Singin' in the Rain is no doubt an iconic and beloved film and I could see WB giving it the nod eventually. But I feel like it doesn't quite receive the level of attention that other WB classic films get like A Clockwork Orange, Casablanca and Citizen Kane? Like I could be wrong on that front, it's definitely recognized as a historically important film. But I'm just not sure how much of a priority it would be for the company or even the devs.

Want: 80%

I did not get to watch Singin' in the Rain in time for this rating, but make no mistake. I have every intention of watching it and from what I hear with the music and the humor, I feel like I would definitely love it. It's certainly one of those films that deserves to be represented in MultiVersus and it would just be a hype pick all around.

Day over.

Rate Concept: Guardians of Ga'Hoole rep, as well as Furiosa from the Mad Max series.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wanted to quickly get a George score in but forgot until now.

Chance: 25%
I think in general there's a 50/50 of us getting Jetsons content at some point. It's just a toss up between George and Rosie. There's a lot of neat futuristic stuff in the Jetsons to make George a sort of weird retro-future everyman, if that makes sense. Like his dash attack being an automatically moving chair popping up below him and shooting him forward. That kind of stuff. In the HB pecking order it's of course below Scooby-Doo, The Flintstones, and Yogi Bear, but it's also definitely one of their five most well known properties, alongside the former three and Wacky Races.

Want: 70%
I like George well enough. I'd prefer Rosie I think, but George is iconic and he'd probably have some fun character interactions.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Leatherface
Want: 58.33%

Mac & Bloo (2nd rating)
Chance: 30.25%
Want: 46.33%

Cecils
Chance: 0.02%
Want: 1%

TOM
Chance: 43.5%
Want: 72.5%

Mothra (2nd rating)
Want: 96.67%

Lex Luthor
Chance: 78.33%
Want: 63.33%

In a sudden, out of left field turn, Mothra just became Multiversus RTC's most wanted character, beating out Maxwell who had a 94% for want and kicking Static off of the Top 10 for Want. It's funny how math works sometimes....

Noms List

50+

25-49
Ted Turner x45
Concept: Doom Patrol content x40
Mr. Frog x40
Gabriel (Malignant) x35
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x34
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x32
Shang Tsung x30
Jay Gatsby x30
Rick Flag x30
Professor Fate x30
Concept: Ballmastrz 9009 characters x27
Cat in the Hat x26
Krypto the Superdog x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
Summer (Rick & Morty) x25
Revolting Slob (Crashbox) x25
Snagglepuss x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
Rosie the Robot x21
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Concept: Velma (2023) skins x20
Dreamer x20
Shmoo (Li'l Abner) x20
Larry and Steve x20
Concept: Fox Animated TV rep x20
Concept: What a Cartoon! content x20
Black Dynamite x18
Tanjiro x18
Omar Little x17
Concept: Marvel characters x16
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Dethlok x15
Darla Dimple x15
Concept: My Hero Academia character x12
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep x10
Eva Ernst x10
Concept: Moral Orel rep x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Colonel Rimfire x10
Duck Dragons x10
Huckleberry Hound x10
Quick Draw McGraw x10
Dynomutt x10
Watchmen rep x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
Supergirl x7
Sylvester and Tweety x7
Captain Planet x7
The Mask x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Booster Gold x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
Marine Boy x5
Wade Watts x5
John J. Sheridan x4
The Flash x4
Jabberjaw x3
Numbuh 1 x3
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1
Smormu x1

ivanlerma ivanlerma What do you have in mind for what's considered What a Cartoon! "content"? Because depending on how you want to approach this, it may be confirmed as soon as tomorrow.

Georgie boy

The Jetsons is utterly iconic, despite it not really being relevant anymore. That being said, I do expect content from it to appear at some point. But I do subscribe to the opinion that George probably isn't it. He's just a typical guy who can handle some machinery like flying ships and other stuff which could lend itself to a decent moveset? But then again as others have mentioned Rosie would be a more obvious and interesting character and from what we've seen from the devs, they would certainly choose Rosie I'd think. So yeah, the odds aren't on George's side, that's for sure.

Want: 50%

I'd prefer Rosie, but generally speaking I'm just apathetic towards The Jetsons. I'm not into sitcoms and thus never had any interest in it. I do respect it and to an extent I do think it would be sort of a big deal for it to be included in the game, even if only because it's so recognizable to the point of almost feeling obligatory.

As I'm Singin'....in the Rain!!!!!!

This one's tough, man. Singin' in the Rain is no doubt an iconic and beloved film and I could see WB giving it the nod eventually. But I feel like it doesn't quite receive the level of attention that other WB classic films get like A Clockwork Orange, Casablanca and Citizen Kane? Like I could be wrong on that front, it's definitely recognized as a historically important film. But I'm just not sure how much of a priority it would be for the company or even the devs.

I did not get to watch Singin' in the Rain in time for this rating, but make no mistake. I have every intention of watching it and from what I hear with the music and the humor, I feel like I would definitely love it. It's certainly one of those films that deserves to be represented in MultiVersus and it would just be a hype pick all around.

Day over.

Rate Concept: Guardians of Ga'Hoole rep, as well as Furiosa from the Mad Max series.
i'm talking about The Show & Their Pilots in General excluding shows that were on the show before, No Johnny Bravo, Courage, OR Powerpuff Girls.

Just Pilots like Strange Things, Gramps, O'Possum, Mina & The Count, Etc.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Chance: 1.70%
I was originally going to give this a score in the decimals, but it actually turns out this film did well at the box office and is quite well remembered by those who saw it, so I'll have to bump it up quite a bit... that being said, I'm still not sure I can give it that high. Birds are hard to make movesets out of, the film came out really long ago and the IP - which was an adaptation mind you - hasn't been involved with WB since, the film hasn't even been relevant in nostalgia circles since, and while I'm all for a photorealistic animal in a fighting game, I can see why others wouldn't jive with it.

5 noms for Ted Turner, the rest for Muggle (Capitol Critters)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Furiosa (Mad Max)

Chance: 70%
Mad Max is big enough of a series that I wouldn't be surprised if it gets any content in Multiversus. Plus, we know that there is a stage found in the datamines that could be from this franchise. The older movies were classics and Fury Road really revived interest in the series. Although the movie content in the game has been heavily skewed towards villains so far, Furiosa's solo movie gives her enough of an edge imo. It'd be a bit late to play the promotional angle but there's a lot of reason to think she could be included.

Of course, Furiosa isn't the only Mad Max character that they could add but again, solo movie - and with Agent Smith and the Wicked Witch of the West, it's obvious that the team is okay with adding memorable side characters over the protagonists for whatever reason. I'm always a bit reluctant to give live-action characters high scores because I'm not sure how actor likeness stuff works but I feel fairly confident in Furiosa.

She'd be really neat. I can't say I can imagine how she'd fight easily but she definitely had the necessary material to work with. Fury Road was a great movie, mostly thanks to Furiosa and while I'm less enthusiastic about her own movie, I think she deserves a chance. Plus, we can always use more female action heroes. I just hope they base her on Charlize Theron's portrayal.

Nominations: Rosie the Robot x5

ivanlerma

Smash Master
“You’re just weak, Soren, still living your dreams"-Kludd
"No, my dreams are what makes me strong, Kludd. They led me to the Guardians”-Soren
Guardians of Ga’hoole

Theme Song: The Host of Seraphim(Fire Scene Song)

20%: The Guardians of Ga’Hoole is a fantasy book series written by Kathryn Lasky, the story follows the characters as owls such as the main character Soren then later his nephew going on different journeys throughout the series, Ga’Hoole lasted for 16 books, spin-offs, a prequel story, and a movie with a tie in game.

The 3D Movie Legend of the Guardians: Guardians of Ga’Hoole was distributed by Warner Brothers over here in the US as well as directed by Zack Snyder(Who some people know him for his cut on the Justice League Movie), the movie followed the first three books were Soren was taken to a school of owls who are brainwashed into soldiers but meets a girl named Gylfie who escapes the academy, the two journey outside finding the island of ga’hoole were they meet new friends and fight an evil army together(Wish i didn’t try to mimic what the wiki states about the plot but that is how the plot is, right?).

The Movie did pretty well with the box office and a lot of critics seem fond of it, but the movie isn’t really talked about nowadays and a sequel was never done, not to mention the original book series itself hasn’t been relevant ever since the late 2010’s era, meaning the books are already over with.

There may be a small fanbase out there who still looks back at the series fondly and some people do like the movie too, though with how much the fanbase of Multiversus doesn’t seem to know them(And How some are literally hating on it for being a “Who? Series”) there’s no high demand to getting soren in the game as of now, hopefully though there’s some love given to the series in Multiversus cause it wouldn’t be right to see this series be ignored in a game that celebrates warner brothers’ legacy to an extent.

Alternate Music: None
Abstaining for now: I remember seeing commercials for the movie back in the day as well as the McDonalds Ad for the toys, plus the villain defeats in videos like these and hearing that it’s based on a book.

Other than that I never saw the film but an owl would be an interesting fighter to have.

“Out here, everything hurts…”
Furiosa

Theme Song: End Credits-Furiosa: A Mad Max Story

70%: Imperator Furiosa is an iconic character from the world of Mad Max, she first appeared in Fury Road being a 2nd main protagonist in the film then would recently get her own movie named after herself that mainly showcases who furiosa is and how she became who she is in Mad Max: Fury Road.

Mad Max doesn’t have any representation in Multiversus yet but datamines did show a work in progress stage based on the climax of Fury Road showing that the series may be coming sometime soon, Mad Max himself was also in the original rumors for the game however it was disprove of leaving no room of a character getting in right now, plus licensing issues may be holding the franchise back from getting in the game from what i heard.

Although Furiosa could’ve been a choice to add to promote her movie the time for it has since passed and sadly it didn’t make enough money in the box office for it to succeed(no thanks to you know what) on the bright side though? The movie was praised so it did something good.

I don’t know if streaming made it more successful(judging by the commercials it might’ve worked and i think i saw or heard it was number 1 on HBO Max at one point) and if that’s enough then maybe it can convince warner brothers to put furiosa in the game plus player first games would be interested in adding her to balance the roster with more female characters so even with the movies failure it could rise enough for warner to be okay with it(at least david) but the multiversus team would be willing to push for her inclusion.

Alternate Theme: Let Them Up
60%: I haven’t seen all the mad max films, only the climax & ending to Fury Road as well as a good amount of Furiosa(I did watch 70% of the movie so it may count as my 1st mad max movie), plus hearing about the game & listening to one of the songs too.

Furiosa would be a not so bad character although honestly i may prefer Warlord Dementus or take Immortan Joe for a Mad Max Rep, but still on board with Max himself as a fighter too.

My Nominations
Salem’s Lot
Dexter(Re-Rate)
Rick & Morty: The Anime Content

Edit at 9/13/24 at 10:25 PM: Originally had Mickey though due to rule regulations and thinking of other ideas, i replaced him with Rick & Morty: The Anime Content.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Mickey Mouse(Steamboat Willie)
I'm gonna have to reject this. Even though Steamboat Willie is in the public domain, neither he or Mickey Mouse have made any significant appearances in any Warner Bros or Discovery product to my knowledge.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
I'm gonna have to reject this. Even though Steamboat Willie is in the public domain, neither he or Mickey Mouse have made any significant appearances in any Warner Bros or Discovery product to my knowledge.

That, Robot Chicken and who knows how many nods do i need to find to show mickey's history with warner brothers(Does the peantus cartoon from the mid 2010's count? they had a mickey mouse short with snoopy's cousin).

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

That, Robot Chicken and who knows how many nods do i need to find to show mickey's history with warner brothers(Does the peantus cartoon from the mid 2010's count? they had a mickey mouse short with snoopy's cousin).
I've given it some thought, but I'm still gonna say no. The reason for that is because all of those things you brought up are just cameos.

Looking at the rules for nominating characters, it says characters who have "made a significant appearance in a Warner Bros. product", and I wouldn't consider cameos and gag scenes to be all that significant.

Sorry, but I have to draw the line somewheres. Otherwise I could unintentionally open up the flood gates much farther than anticipated.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
I've given it some thought, but I'm still gonna say no. The reason for that is because all of those things you brought up are just cameos.

Looking at the rules for nominating characters, it says characters who have "made a significant appearance in a Warner Bros. product", and I wouldn't consider cameos and gag scenes to be all that significant.

Sorry, but I have to draw the line somewheres. Otherwise I could unintentionally open up the flood gates much farther than anticipated.
Does rivalry not count for steamboat willie? or even
the leaked stage?

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Chance: 75%
A Mad Max character is very likey. The series is iconic, popular, and already has a stage leaked. I think a lot of people will go with Mad Max Rockatansky himself, but he's not the only option. Furiosa is probably the second most important character in the franchise, first appearing as the co-lead in Mad Max: Fury Road, portrayed by Charlize Theron, having about as much screen time as Max himself, and leaving an impression, enough to get her own prequel film this year, where she was played by Princess Peach herself, Anya Taylor Joy. The window to promote that film has probably passed us by, and the film wasn't a box office smash, but has apparently been doing well in streaming and VOD. We know from choices like Agent Smith that PFG are not opposed to going with a popular side character as the series representative if they find them more interesting. Between her two films there's certainly enough to pull together for a moveset.

I think it really comes down to if they choose to go with Max or Furiosa, and I think there's cases to made for either. Furiosa would give them another female character, something we know they're actively trying to include more of, and has recency on her side. Max however is the face of the franchise, has the legacy factor, and apparently has a new film in the works. I think it could go either way.

Want - 80%
I enjoy the Mad Max series and would like to see a character get in. I'd be fine with either Max or Furiosa, but I do think Furiosa is a really cool character who could have a fun moveset using her arm. You could have two variants for younger and older with different voice lines. She'd be pretty cool.

Chance - 3%
A movie that came out in 2010 and hasn't had any news of sequel or any more contents since? Not sure I see it. The film was based on a book series that Warner don't own, and with Zack Snyder off doing other things, it doesn't look like the series is coming back any time soon. Owls also seem like they would be pretty difficult to make a moveset for.

Not giving it a zero since it is a WB animated film, something WB are strangely lacking in options in, and it's not impossible they go back into their back catalogue, but with so many big picks and fan favourites left, I don't really see this.

Want - 10%
I have vague memories of watching this film as a child but don't really see remember it. I gonna abstain but Owls are cute and I think it would be interesting to see how they could pull off a moveset for a character like this.

Noms to Concept: Goonies rep, Concept: Watchmen rep.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

A bit late to this, but John Oliver has been using public domain Mickey Mouse as a mascot for his talk show on HBO - AFAIK it was just a short-lived gimmick and Mickey hasn't popped up on the show since the Steamboat Willie PD hype died down, but it's still a rather substantial link I feel and probably one of the driving factors towards the Steamboat Willie content that's been leaked.

Last edited:
Good to be back, ladies and gentlemen. Sorry for the 5+ day break I had. Just forgot to check up on y'all amongst the chatter on other threads.

"General" David Mills

Se7en is a New Line Cinema film starring Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman. Pitt plays the main character David Mills, a young yet impulsive detective in a city not unlike Gotham. It doesn't take a coyote to figure out this is my first time acknowledging the film's existence.

As for what David Mills can do....he's just a detective. Not only would he seem quaint compared to the superheroes, scientists, and talking animals populating this game, but he would also invite leagues of competition. In New Line's camp, you're sooner to find someone ask for Buddy the Elf or Stanley Ipkiss. In the R-rated corner, they could choose Furiosa, a character from Goodfellas, Pennywise, or even the Banana Splits. Even in the niche of "impulsive detective in crime-riddled city", we don't have Robin in the game yet as a playable fighter. In short, it's not likely to see Mr. Mills join this fight.

Want: 25%
I really could care less about this guy getting in. Plain and simple, no matter how you cut it.

Bob
Chance: 40%
At least Lapis doesn't have as much competition as David Mills. Unfortunately, she has to contend with at least five other Gems: Amethyst, Pearl, Peridot, Spinel, and even her old enemy Jasper are all equally worthy of another invite in the eyes of the Steven Universe fanbase. When half of the original Crystal Gems aren't in the game yet, and there's other B-team members to consider, it'll take a lot to consider Lapis for the game.

Thankfully, she has the element of water on her side, which she can use in a way that makes her different from Aquaman. I can even see her heal her partner, even without the Support class. Oh wait, Gizmo. That puts another monkey wrench in the plan. Screw it, the fans can headcanon whatever they want with that. No offense.

Want: 60%
As far as Crystal Gems are concerned, I'd still like to see Spinel for her rubber-hose aesthetic. Barring that bias, Lapis Lazuli is a character I'd want to see make it in the game. If nothing else, her literal water wings make for some unironically floaty combat.

Noms to Krypto.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
David Mills

This is the highest I could give him. There's nothing in the data pointing to him, there are at least like six other characters from New Line Cinema alone that would probably be added first, likeness issues could come up since he's played by Brad Pitt (who also has a host of his own publicity issues right now to say the least)...but Se7en IS a pretty memorable film, if nothing else. And hey, the lead up to Joker's reveal was all about a surprise inside of a box!

This is purely because of a running joke in a friend group of mine. The idea of David Mills having the Monado Arts wheel but for the seven deadly sins is INCREDIBLY funny to me.

Half of my nominations to Snagglepuss, and half to the Tin Man.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Lapis Lazuli (Steven Universe)

Chance: 25%
Like her or not, Lapis Lazuli is one of the most popular SU characters. Even though Pearl and Amethyst are the main characters, Multiversus is no stranger to going with less-than-conventional picks when adding characters to existing franchises. Her water powers are definitely unique and would make her stand out among the others from her home series.

That being said, she still faces stiff competition when it comes to other SU characters such as Spinel and Peridot, even among side characters. And while SU has plenty of content, it's notably has been left behind in the fighter department compared to Adventure Time. While I think it's not unlikely for us to get more Gems down the line, that's the highest note I can give to her.

Want: 40%

I'm not the biggest Lapis fan. She's cool but I feel like her return as a regular member of the cast added less to the show than say, Peridot. I rather get other Crystal Gems before her and overall, new universes. Still, I love Steven Universe and I wouldn't turn down getting more fighters from it. As I said before, she'll definitely have a fun fighting style. I imagine her playing somewhat similar to Orcane from Rival of Aether to control the map.

Nominations: Rosie the Robot x5

darkvortex

Smash Champion
What's in the (loot) box
Chance - 0%
Se7en? As in the "what's in the box?" movie? As in the "serial killer murders people in ways inspired by the biblical seven deadly sins" movie? The movie where said killer is played by Kevin Spacey? Yeah. They're not touching this. Jason and Arya exist but one of those is a goofy 80s slasher and one is ultimately a fantasy heroine. Se7en is a dark tale about mankinds inherent apathy towards the suffering of others, and deals with heavy subject matter. It's not family fare

It's an amazing, iconic film that inspired a lot of films that came after, but I can't really see it being something they put in a game with Bugs Bunny and Steven Universe. Even beyond all that, Mills is just a detective. Just a normal guy with no real powers and a gun. I feel there are other picks they could do if they wanna do that kind of thing. Plus I can't imagine getting the likeness for Brad Pitt would be cheap.

Want - 3%
Se7en is a great film full of fantastic performances, including by Pitt. I unfortunately just don't find this guy all that compelling not he context of this game. Don't really see what you could do with him that would come off the wrong way.

Chance - 80%
I think a third Steven Universe character is something that a lot of speciation base really overlook, possibly due to a lack of familiarity with the series, but I actually think there's a real chance of it happening. The series is popular, even with it having been off the air for a while, and is seemingly pretty easy for them to work with since Steven and Garnet both get new costumes pretty frequently and play a main role in the games marketing and the recently released DC comics adaptation.

The big question would be who they choose. Pearl, Amethyst, Peridot, Spinel, and Lapis all strike me as possible options, and I say this as someone who stopped watching the show fairly early on. Pearl and Amethyst have the boost of being the main gems of the show, but it really feels like you couldn't add one without the other. Peridot is a favourite of the devs and a big hit with fans but doesn't stoke me as shoving a ton of moveset options. Lapis is a huge fan favourite and has a interesting moveset pitch that would really stand out from the other options.

A character who controls water like she does would give the team so much to work with, and looking online as someone who isn't super well versed in the world of SU or it's fandom, she seems to be extremely popular. I know Aquaman is coming some point soon, but their powers work differently. I think she has a very real chance of being the character chosen

Want - 59%
Not a huge SU person, and down know if I really need a third character from it any time soon, but she's really cute, seems interesting from what I watched, and has a really interesting powerset that could be really fun, zipping around the stage on water platforms or making weapons made of water. She'd be fun!

Noms to Concept: Goonies rep, Concept: Watchmen rep.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Master
David Mills
Music i imagined for this: Zombie's Hip Trip by Nathan Wills (a.k.a Top 20 Unintentionally Disturbing Kids' Character From Around the World by Blameitonjorge).
Abstaining: I’ve never seen this movie but the more i learn about it here i begin to remember the parody the smurfs made in robot chicken which makes me want to watch it kinda, other then that it seems like people here don’t think it’d be a good fit due to the films nature and not seeing any potential for what david mills can offer(you never know they can make a moveset out of him if he’s got enough to work with).

“If they’re gonna punish me as a crystal gem, I might as well be one. Right? You got room for one more?”
Lapis Lazuli

Theme Song: Mirror Gem/I Am Lapis Lazuli/Mirror Match/Lapis’ Tower

80%: Lapis Lazuli is a recurring character in Steven Universe, She first appeared in “Mirror Gem” and “Ocean Gem” which follows steven finding a magical mirror with a cracked blue gem on the back specifically lapis’ he helped free her then later fixed the crack on her gem so that lapis can be free, since then she’s had a lot of tragic moments were everytime she tries to leave she gets imprisoned all over again, then when steven tried to show her beauty on earth lapis ran away after hearing that he had a run in with the shows big bads “The Diamonds” which prompt her to leave in fear leaving everything she cared about behind(well not everything) until she undergone some thinking which allowed her to go back to earth with bravery and help her friends in the heap of the moment, she’s been a mainstay for the show ever since “Same Old World” and has been on earth for almost a majority of the series.

Lapis has a fan support team on twitter and like many others have advocated for her to be in the game as a fighter, she is also said to be one of the most popular characters on the show understanding everything from her tragic tale up until she finally finds happiness & peace lapis is definitely loved by a lot of people(myself included). So why wouldn’t she be a playable character in Multiversus?

'Well there’s the fact that not every character from a series has to be in the game' just want to point that out for every series, HOWEVER the main thing that puts Lapis against competition is the other characters of Steven Universe that either have importance to the series(Pearl and Amethyst) or rivals her with what fans want for the game(Peridot and Spinel), while she may not be a main character though she is part of the main cast of the show plus she is as loved as the others too, with the aforementioned fan support she’s got Lapis’ should have enough people who makes their voices vocal to Player First Games to let them know they want her to be playable, plus since the team values what the fans of the game want they may consider for the roster, plus she’s got a unique fighting style that helps her stand out from other water users such as Aquaman(Who we know is confirmed to be happening).

So even with the issues she faces there are points against them that helps the water gem’s chances for Multiversus, though hopefully the main team for the game does know of her support to possibly add her into the game someday.

Alternate Song: Hit the Diamond
78%: Aw, Lapis. One of the characters i liked back when i watched Steven Universe and one i still like to this day even if it may be little or a bit different, i am on the idea of lapis being a fighter in the game and i think she’d be a cool fighter to have.

She can use water to summon giant hands, grab people or crush them, create water clones(which would be a little similar to Watermelon Steven), trap opponents into chains, create wings to fly, form bubbles in the air, trap opponents in them, and that’s basically all that i know she can do but she could do more.

There’s also all of lapis’ outfits they can get for her costumes, while her main default appearance should be her main appearance they can have her new form from later on be her alternative, follow by variant hair styles were one is done straight & another is messy, the bow tie when she & peridot made their little museum, “Bob” of course, the top hat & tuxedo from the promotion art, and maybe those two lapis’ from steven universe future. Afterwards they can let fans be creative and make costumes for her that make her look cool, cute, or even silly.

Overall, i’d like to have lapis in the game as a fighter even if other steven characters are likely to get in i wouldn’t want to give up on pushing support for her.

My Nominations
The Penguin
Tanjiro

Say DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 you haven't shown a full list of the nominations updated from what i've noticed so far, can you please show what it's looking like right now?

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Sesevenen

The only reason Mills isn't a 1% is because Se7en is a decently popular and well-liked New Line movie and there is an incredibly slim chance the devs might look at the film's staying power and decide to add something from it. Otherwise, I doubt there's a single person who watched Se7en and thought "wow it'd be so cool to see David Mills fight Batman!" It's not exactly the kind of film you'd push for in a Wacky Platform Fighter, and when you have the extra burden of trying to get Brad Pitt's likeness, I doubt Mills is anywhere on the team's radar.

Want: 100%

I'll be upfront and say I wasn't super big on Se7en. I really liked the grimy cinematography and the mystery elements, but the film's views of criminology kinda pissed me off, and I still have no idea what David Fincher was cooking with the killer's plan. When it comes to 90s Fincher movies starring Brad Pitt, I was always more of a Fight Club gal (please Disney make a crossover fighter so I can push for The Narrator and Tyler Durden as the Pyra & Mythra stand-in). That said, I need David Mills in this game for the sole reason that it'd be extremely ****ing funny. The idea of Se7en content in MultiVersus has become a running bit between one of my friends because of how absolutely ridiculous it would be. You could give Mills the Monado Wheel but with each of the Deadly Sins. Every time you activate one of Mills' Sin Arts, you'd have John Doe's disembodied voice shouting **** like "BECOME WRATH." It would be perfect.

All noms on Bart (Blazing Saddles)

Top Bottom