• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Gonna abstain . I like some of Tim & Eric's stuff but I find the whole nature of on cinema hard to get into and I just don't have the energy to do a write up about such a specific peice of minor content

Noms to Rue

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Craig Williams
Chance: 73.25%
Want: 75.33%

Mothra
Chance: 14.6%
Want: 71%

Noms List

50+
Matt Cordell x80
Shaft x75
Kangaroo Jack x65
Totally Spies rep x55
Space Ghost x53

25-49
Concept: Any roster overlap with Smash x40
Regular Show characters x40
Homelander x36
Gilligan x35
Sam I Am x35
Snow Miser x35
Shang Tsung x30
Annoying Orange x29
Riverdale rep x28
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25
Peppa Pig x25
Barbie x25
Rue Bennett x25

1-24
Buddy the Elf x22
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Uncle Grandpa x15
Migo (Smallfoot) x15
Yogi Bear x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x10
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Sanda and/or Gaira x10
Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Concept: Milf Manor stage x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

I have no clue why the noms list isn't collapsing. Maybe it's a glitch in the Matrix.

abstain on both and on noms

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'll keep this brief because I know nothing about On Cinema (I think I was sent a "review" of Avatar 2 from them though)

7 Grand Dad

Chance: 10%
I think it's easy enough to reference this in a way that doesn't feel obstrusive. A palette swap, or an achievement, or something. It's a meme, and not a huge one like Big Chungus, but it's still probably the most relevant the Flintstones have been in a hot minute? I could see myself asking a kid about Fred and them recognizing him as "Grand Dad" is what I'm saying. For what it's worth, I think Fred himself is a lock.

Want: 100%
Sure

Noms: Shaft

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate John Shaft from Shaft, as well as Matthew Cordell from Maniac Cop.

Here are some videos to get into the shaft mood (I don't need to be more specific):

And here are some videos to get into the mood to have the right to remain silent....forever:

Noms List - Before Lockdown

50+
Shaft x85
Matt Cordell x80
Kangaroo Jack x65
Totally Spies rep x60
Space Ghost x53

25-49
Regular Show characters x43
Concept: Any roster overlap with Smash x40
Peppa Pig x40
Sam-I-Am x38
Snow Miser x37
Homelander x36
Gilligan x35
Barbie x35
Rue Bennett x35
Shang Tsung x30
Annoying Orange x29
Riverdale rep x28
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25

1-24
Buddy the Elf x24
Concept: Milf Manor stage x22
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Uncle Grandpa x15
Migo (Smallfoot) x15
Yogi Bear x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Sanda and/or Gaira x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID.
Day 114 - John Shaft (Shaft) and Matthew Cordell (Maniac Cop)
Day 115 - Kangaroo Jack and Concept: Totally Spies rep
Day 116 - Space Ghost and Concept: Regular Show characters
Day 117 - Peppa Pig and Concept: Any roster overlap with Super Smash Bros.
Day 118 - Sam-I-Am (Green Eggs and Ham) and Snow Miser (The Year Without a Santa Claus)
Day 119 - Homelander (The Boys) and Gilligan (Gilligan's Island)
Day 120 - Barbie and Rue Bennett (Euphoria)

Noms List - After Lockdown

50+

25-49
Shang Tsung x30
Annoying Orange x29
Riverdale rep x28
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25

1-24
Buddy the Elf x24
Concept: Milf Manor stage x22
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Uncle Grandpa x15
Migo (Smallfoot) x15
Yogi Bear x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Sanda and/or Gaira x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Averages for 7 grand dad and On Cinema coming soon

Badge of Silence

Chance: 7%

Maniac Cop is a 1988 slasher film centered on an ex-officer, Matthew Cordell, who may or may not have come back from the grave to punish his peers who have wronged him (and other randos). Although the film wasn’t a success at all (grossing $671k against a budget of $1.1 million) it still managed to get two sequels. The third film in particular debuted on HBO, which is the main connection to Warner Bros, albeit not the only one. It was confirmed in 2019 that HBO picked up a Maniac Cop series. There’s also a remake that was announced in 2018 so there’s that as well.

So where does Cordell lay in the grand scheme of things? Well Maniac Cop has always been a cult series and while it does have new material announced that could boost its popularity, it’s still up in the air when the TV show and remake are coming out. Also, as a horror/action series it potentially has competition with horror icons that are bigger and have stronger ties to Warner Bros such as Freddy, Jason and Pennywise.

And, to acknowledge the subject matter at hand, this is a killer cop we are talking about. While Cordell’s main goal is to get back at the corrupt cops that ruined his life, he still kills plenty of innocent people. With the state of society today and the discussion of police brutality being a hot topic, it might come across as off-putting or questionable to include a homicidal cop in a fairly light-hearted crossover game. I know some of you might disagree with me, but I see this as a matter on a whole nother level compared to casual drug and cannibal references.

Despite what I just said, I’d be hyped for Matthew Cordell. Maniac Cop is not an amazing film by any means, but it has that grimy cult charm to it. It’s a commentary on police corruption and has an intriguing mystery regarding what happened to Cordell. The revelations of which paint a grim picture of the corruption that goes on behind closed doors. And in general, it’s a fun film with it being a slasher movie, a mystery/detective flick, and an action film rolled into one. It also has Bruce Campbell in one of the main roles so extra brownie points for that. Maniac Cop 2 also deserves a mention for building onto the first film and having some great action sequences. Matthew Cordell would also be really fun to play as. I enjoy his moveset in Terrordrome, which really shows off his brutal nature and arsenal (kudos to the devs for really bringing their A game when it comes to constructing unique and faithful movesets for that game, which is free by the way).

I understand if any of you do not want this kind of character in the game. I really do. But for me personally I see it as an opportunity for a cult series I really enjoy to get more attention as the films do have good intentions by exposing the dark secrets of society. And if we can get another fun moveset out of that then that’s a win-win in my book.

I'll rate Shaft later.

Noms: Sanda and/or Gaira xMax

Last edited:

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
And, to acknowledge the subject matter at hand, this is a killer cop we are talking about. While Cordell’s main goal is to get back at the corrupt cops that ruined his life, he still kills plenty of innocent people. With the state of society today and the discussion of police brutality being a hot topic, it might come across as off-putting or questionable to include a homicidal cop in a fairly light-hearted crossover game. I know some of you might disagree with me, but I see this as a matter on a whole nother level compared to casual drug and cannibal references.
This isn't even without precedent in Multiversus itself - Velma's car was replaced for this exact reason, so this is a legitimate concern and something the developers would absolutely consider.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Shaft
Abstain: Not too familiar with shaft, at first i thought he was Shaq when Flyboy first nominated him here.

I did listen to his song and it does sound pretty catchy &...familiar.

"He'll Kill Again...he enjoys killing"-Frank McCrane
Matthew Cordell
His Theme: Flashback Montage
Alt Theme: The Chase

10%: I'm not too familiar with Maniac Cop but after researching him a bit i do remember him quite a bit from Terrordrome, i've never seen his films though i did get intrigued by them after hearing about his backstory & reading some of the events that happen to him in the third film, although i did see how he was defeated in both.

He wouldn't be too bad although Danganzilla does give an idea on what his chances would be with JUNC making a point afterwards.

Nomination
Uncle Grandpa

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm Just Talkin' About Shaft!
Chance:
15%
John Shaft is the protagonist of the classic 70s exploitation crime flick Shaft, one of the most influential classic films in the genre. If you've never seen the film, you've probably heard that boppin' theme song, with Isaac Hayes' iconic smooth vocals crooning about the man who always comes out when there's danger all about. That Shaft is a bad motha- shut your mouth!

Now, after the original, there have been multiple sequels but I think it's interesting that despite there being two other films also called Shaft (including the most recent 2018 one, which is WB's most definitive connection to the franchise) neither are really reboots, rather they focus on his son and grandson respectively. Unfortunately, they're not very well-received as they seem dated and not as much fun as the classic original. Still, I think this shows there is interest in the franchise as a name, and I think the character is cool enough to warrant being put in a fighting game. I don't think he's super high priority, but with an easy moveset, name value, and three generations of costumes to choose from, I'm hard-pressed to give him a super low rating.

I said it in my Super Fly writeup and it still applies, I absolutely love grindhouse, exploitation, and classic film. I had a huge 70s kick in high school and another more recently and I enjoyed every second of it. Shaft is a classic! It's full of great music, the character is awesome and clearly still in the public eye...and honestly, even if he only gets in because of the newest film, you know they won't shy away from adding a classic and maybe even Samuel L Jackson costume. We got The Rock as Black Adam along with his comic version, we can get all generations of Shaft!

You Have The Right To Remain Silent...Forever!
Chance:
3%
It has been said before that there are some ethical issues in Cordell's inclusion and precedent with things like Velma's arrest move being changed that these concerns are considered. On top of that, Matt Cordell and Maniac Cop are nowhere near as well-known as his horror contemporaries in Freddy or Jason or even the more modern Pennywise or Annabelle. Sadly, I think this means he's dead in the water, but I don't want to say never. It all depends on how the horror reps go.

I kept forgetting to help get him rated but oh my god, I love Matt Cordell. I actually have a Maniac Cop shirt because the original movie is such a unique and interesting piece of cinema with a killer score and a freaky whistle motif whenever Cordell is on screen. It's a cool mystery, a spooky slasher, and while the sequel has a terrible protagonist (and I dislike the retcon of making Cordell a lot more misunderstood and ultimately somewhat absolved for his actions that were the mystery in the first) it makes Cordell a totally cool unkillable machine and he has really fun rapport with the new side-villain who uses him as his heavy. The thing is, Bill Lustig is an absolutely visionary director and one that we're better off having around for his fantastically uneven but risky guerilla films. The original Maniac was a tour-de-force of character work and crazy Savini gore effects, and Uncle Sam is a fantastically weird 4th-of-July slasher with some hilarious house explosions. Everything Bill touched was crazy, grimy, and weird, and I love it and want to see him get his flowers in a big game.

I do understand the ethical concerns. I think it helps that in the original Cordell is an unequivocal bad guy and a zombie cop isn't really comparable to the real world atrocities present in the police force...but again, I totally understand the question of taste.

That said, if you're a fan of exploitation and cool 80s slashers, you're doing yourself a disservice by skipping this one. It's a really fun time. Also, while you're here, check out Psycho Cop Returns. It's a brutal and silly R-rated slasher written by, no joke, one of the people who would later do Phineas and Ferb. It's a trash film and I love it.

Anyway! Yes! Horror and grindhouse reps! Give me them all! And speaking of...

Nominations:
David Powers (The Lost Boys) xHalf
MILF Manor xHalf

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Abstain. I only saw the Jackson Shaft forever ago and know nothing about Manaic Cop.

Noms to Alex (A Clockwork Orange)

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Shaft!
Damn right

Chance: 20%

Shaft is a series of blaxploitation movies starring the titular detective John Shaft (and his son and grandson in the later reboots). Shaft is a New York City private eye who tackles cases with style, confidence, and martial arts. He's a badass who takes no **** from anyone, be they police or gangsters.

The original Shaft is considered one of the first, best, and most influential movies in its genre. Filmed on location in Harlem and with a rare-for-its-day (and still for today, unfortunately) Black crew behind the scenes, it made waves by starring an African-American man who is powerful, independent, cowers from nobody and outsmarts everyone. Shaft appealed to audiences both Black and White, with a carefully calibrated script that balances themes of black empowerment (Shaft is the most awesome guy ever, and the plot has him ally himself with a group of black nationalist militants to save the daughter of a Harlem gangster) without alienating a broad audience (Shaft outplays his client like he does everyone else, and, on his own terms, works with the police to avoid things escalating into a race war). Add to that the great Richard Roundtree's effortlessly charismatic performance, and the iconic theme tune (which made Isaac Hayes the first Black person to receive the Best Original Song Oscar!) and you have a fantastic action flick with a lot to say.

Since it made incredible profit (even helping save MGM from bankruptcy), it became a trilogy. Shaft's Big Score is more of the same, while Shaft in Africa is certainly memorable. Both received lukewarm reviews, and Shaft in Africa bombed, and that was the end of that.

...For a while, at least. You see, when a character is as iconic as Shaft is, they don't stay gone for long. 2002 saw a reboot (called just Shaft) where Samuel L. Jackson played the nephew of the original Shaft, a cop who resigns from the force to tackle a big case that the law isn't strong enough to handle. It was pretty good, also dealing in social commentary, and was well received. But it took until 2018 for it to get a sequel (titled... Shaft. For some reason) where Jackson's Shaft (retconned to be OG Shaft's son) teams up with his own son played by Jessie Usher. Many lame jokes about millennials ensued, and the movie, alas, wasn't good. Roundtree cameos as Shaft I in both movies.

At present, New Line Cinema, a subsidiary of WB, owns the Shaft franchise. So even though they only made 1 movie (the bad one) the ball is solely in their court. Even with no planned future for the franchise, Shaft is so iconic and ever relevant that he feels like a solid bet nevertheless. Sure, you can only have so many realistic dudes firing guns (though his martial arts expertise helps him stand out and Shaft in Africa gives him a lot more to play with). Fun fact: Shaft is a Shotokan practitioner, which makes him viably a Ryu clone!

I'm assuming that the Shaft chosen would be the original. None of the others compare to him in popularity, iconicness, impact, and just sheer coolness. I could see Sam Jackson Shaft as a skin if they get the rights, though Jessie Usher is probably out because 1. He's a non-combatant (if only millennials weren't all losers) and 2. He sucks.

I mean, I could gush some more about how awesome Shaft is, but really, why say anything when the song spells it out?

Abstain on the other guy (what an... interesting double day, is all I'll say) though Maniac Cop is now on my radar and I'll be sure to check it out.

noms to Alex DeLarge (A Clockwork Orange)
this will be real interesting... He was in Space Jam 2, don't forget

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: A 7 grand dad reference within Flintstone content
Chance: 29.33%
Want: No score

Concept: On Cinema content
No scores

Unfortunately this was quite a low-active day all-around.

Day over.

Rate Kangaroo Jack from the movie of the same name, as well as Concept: Totally Spies rep.

Some videos to get into the silly kangaroo hijinks mood:

And here are some videos to get into the spy mood:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Guess I'll start with Kangaroo Jack:

Chance: 5%

Kangaroo Jack is from the film... Kangaroo Jack. In it, Kangaroo Jack is the title character, but not the main character. He does some kicking and punching and it was enough for him to receive a sequel.

The biggest issue is that the film was a flop. Now being a flop doesn't automatically mean you can't be in, but it does hurt Jack's chances a bit.

Want: 40%

I never saw Kangaroo Jack so I have no attachment to the character. I will say the idea of a kangaroo fighting others is funny and why I want it in despite not seeing the film.

The show that keeps getting up again and again

Totally Spies is a animated series about three teenagers living in Beverly Hills. They are also super spies for WOOHP agency and save the world many times. The show ended in 2008 and received a movie in 2009. 2013 brought another season with another season confirmed last year.
The show is also famous for... other reasons. Let's just say the villains had some creative schemes.

Want: 0%

Although I like Totally Spies, it is not a WBD IP. Rather it is owned by Marathon Media. While 3rd Party characters could get in, I feel the spies chances are dwarfed by other characters, both within WBD and outside of it. Even if they have higher chances, there are a ton of other options that I would want.

Noms: All to Professor Fate (The Great Race)

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
I put the nominations in the jacket, and the jacket on the kangaroo, and now he hoppin' away!

Chance: 3%

Kangaroo Jack is an infamous film and has become one of the poster children for false advertising. The film started development as an R-Rated mob comedy called "Down and Under." The story involves stepson of mob boss Salvatore Maggio, Charlie Carbone and Charlie's friend Louis being ordered to deliver $50,000 cash to a mob associate in Australia, unaware that the money is for their own execution. As they drive through the outback, the pair hit a kangaroo. Assuming the animal is dead, Louis puts his sunglasses and jacket (with the $50,000 in the pocket) on the kangaroo as a joke. Shortly, the kangaroo awakens and hops off with the money.

Test screenings drew scathing reviews from test audiences, save for the scenes with the kangaroo. Inspired by 2002's Snow Dogs (itself a notorious case of false advertising), the producers re-edited "Down and Under" for a PG rating, additional scenes involving the kangaroo were made using CGI, and the film was re-titled "Kangaroo Jack." The trailers for the final product heavily feature the scenes with the kangaroo, especially the scene where he raps, which is in actuality, a hallucination. Kangaroo Jack the character is just a kangaroo. Nothing more. He can't talk to humans, all his scenes other than the hallucination involve him doing kangaroo things, even his voice actor went uncredited in the final film. He has a scene at the end just before the credits roll where he breaks the fourth wall and complains about his lack of screentime as the title character. He is the ultimate non-character.

Reception to the final product was also negative. Kangaroo Jack was criticized for, hilariously enough, having too much violence and sexual content for a supposed family film. Additionally, it disappointed anyone unfortunate enough to have seen it with the lack of kangaroo scenes. It's almost like editing down a raunchy R-Rated comedy based on one dream sequence doesn't work or something. The posters feature the surprisingly honest yet redundant tagline "he stole the money...and he's not giving it back." Despite the negative critical and audience reception, Kangaroo Jack was a hit likely due to the misleading trailers and the film releasing in January, a month with notoriously low competition. It even got an animated sequel almost two years after its 2003 release which featured significantly more scenes with the kangaroo and 0 returning cast members.

Given the film's reputation, it is highly unlikely they'd include any references to it at all. Kangaroo Jack is remembered today only when the subject of misleading or lying trailers comes up. Not even the animated version that features more kangaroo scenes is remembered fondly. Unless the team is feeling funny or they need an early 2000's rep for the sake of it, he doesn't have much of a chance. That being said if they did honestly choose a Kangaroo Jack rep, it'd be the titular character. It doesn't matter if the kangaroo has approximately 5 minutes of screen time in the movie with no more than 10 lines of dialogue, the film is known only for the lie. It'd also be much easier to add in the kangaroo given that every single actor involved has since disowned the film or admitted they only did it for the paycheck. This game's basically an ad itself so maybe a false advertising rep is warranted.

Want: 95%

I will accept Kangaroo Jack in only one form: all advertising features the kangaroo, he shows up on the character select and vs screen, but when the match starts, you play as Jerry O'Connell and no moves feature the kangaroo. He will only show up on the win screen where just like in the film, he complains about his lack of screen time. We must be accurate to the source. Kangaroo Jack's also a hilarious film to me. Not in its content of course, its painfully unfunny and dated, but just the fact that a raunchy comedy tested so poorly, they tried editing it based on a dream sequence, sold a lie, and it still doesn't work. Interestingly, there's an ongoing lawsuit involving Ana de Armas stans and Universal Studios regarding deceptive trailers, and if the stans somehow win, advertising like this will be a thing of the past.

While I grew up in the time that the film released, Kangaroo Jack and fellow WB distributed film Racing Stripes were for a long time, movies that held a sort of mythical status to me. I'd see the boxes all the time in grocery stores and to this day, I am not convinced Racing Stripes is a real film. Kangaroo Jack might have felt as equally fake to me...if I hadn't seen it. Sometime in 2012 I think, we had a family movie night and watched a probably illegal copy of Kangaroo Jack. I didn't know about the lie yet, so the film had the same effect on me that it did on audiences in 2003: I was surprised that the movie wasn't about a talking kangaroo. Ten years too late, but just as the producers intended. He stole my time...and he's not giving it back.

Noms: All on Milf Manor

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
“Now THAT should be the way to end a film, with a star…someone call my agent”
Kangaroo Jack
His Theme: Down Under by Colin Hay
Alt Theme: The Boxing Match from Kangaroo Jack: G'Day USA!

10%: Kangaroo Jack is a movie which despite featuring a realistic cartoon acting kangaroo focuses on two guys named Charlie Carbone and Louis Booker, who after screwing over a crime are given one last chance by their boss to deliver a box to someone, a box filled with $50,000 dollars which was left in Louis’ jacket after putting it on a kangaroo that they almost killed by running it over…and that kangaroo was Jack himself “Jacky Legs” so now they spend the rest of the movie chasing after him while trying not to get killed by Mr. Smith, the man they are trying to give the cash too.

The Film was a major success earning the number spot in the box office and was able to get a sequel that was on DVD called Kangaroo Jack: G’Day USA! And that’s it

Why is that? Well based on what i found despite the film making a lot of money it was panned by critics & hated by the audience, folks were disappointed by the fact that the movie didn’t really focus on the kangaroo & to make it even worse, the jokes were terrible and inappropriate for the audience.

If this is the case then it’s likely kangaroo jack won’t be acknowledged by Warner Brothers to be in the game due it’s reputation, it’s not on HBO Max either which would further the fact that WB chooses to ignore this movie, on the bright side, there is some vocal support for Jacky Legs to be in Multiversus, if the support was big enough to rise then maybe kangaroo jack could get in that is to say if Warner Brothers would want to remember it.

59%: I remember seeing promos of Kangaroo Jack back when i had DVD’s of What’s New Scooby-Doo!, i don’t remember the ones i had good memory with but there was one that might’ve gotten scratched that had Kangaroo Jack in the previews, i always did had him in my memory until I watched the movie for the first time as a teen. I wouldn’t rate what i think about it since i choose to not be a critic plus i’m afraid of saying it’s bad cause others such as Nostalgia Critic says so.

Imagining Kangaroo Jack in a fighting game would be pretty crazy though, just playing as a kangaroo wearing a red jacket & sunglasses would make him stand out add in his voice & quirky personality and you have yourself a weird, crazy, silly, WTF character.

Edit at 1/10/23 at 8:58 AM: Here We Go!

"We're Totally Spies! so we'll get on with the show
Here We Go, Here We Go, Here We Go"
The Totally Spies!
Their Theme: Here We Go
Alt Theme: N/A

50%: Totally Spies, a Canadian animated series from teletoon that aired on Cartoon Network.
The show centers 3 teenage girls who are secret spies under the organization WOOHP
You have the blonde boy crazed in red, Clover. The tomboy in yellow, Alexandra, and the intelligent one of the group in green, Samantha

The show did successfully well airing for 6 seasons and 156 episodes, it received a movie that shows the origins of the girls in their spy work, a good couple of video games,books & comics, a crossover with another show made by teletoon that aired on nicktoons network, and a spin-off featuring 4 adolescents called “The Amazing Spiez”

There’s also gonna be a new season coming later this year that will bring the series back in the limelight.

The show’s history comes from airing on cartoon network(like almost every other out of state cartoon show) likely giving a good chance to appear in Multiversus, the main concern would be licensing with the original holders including Image Entertainment(which i didn’t know were responsible for making the show), not sure if the rights are easy to negotiate if they were to get the spy girls in the game then that’d likely would mean they have to ask their original distributors which amounts to three to four companies,

to me i don’t know if they’re easy to talk to and it’s possible some of them or all of them are warner brothers would probably need to be patience with asking these companies for the rights if they choose to use them for totally spies.

60%: I remember watching Totally Spies! On cartoon network during the time CN Real was around, i didn’t really mind it when watching it but i seem to like The Amazing Spiez a lot more.

My first exposure to it was the movie then the series would began airing on the network, i haven’t seen every episode though, i did see people talking about the show on the internet and pretty much got more history there with……stuff i don’t wanna mention based on a certain “Passionate” episode.

I like the idea of the spies in multiversus, i saw an idea showing what they’re playstyle would be and what stage they’d get, it looks good enough besides that i wouldn’t mind the girls getting in at all.

Nominations
Prohyas & Vambre
Kazuma & Co.
Clarence
My Hero Academia Characters

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on Kangaroo Jack I barely remember him to rate his chances/want.

Totally Spies rep
Chance- 40%

Totally Spies have a good enough content in Cartoon Network Multiversus might consider them. Their upcoming new season would help their chances by alot too.The only issue I see is the possible chance Marathon Media isn't willing to put them in there.

Want-100%
Totally Spies is one of my favourite shows during childhood. Similar to Mucha Lucha, a Totally Spies rep is definitely one of my most wanted in this game.

Noms
Cyborg-x10

D

Deleted member

Chance- 5%
Kangaroo Jack is a bit of an infamous story. It's been talked about plenty during this day but to cut it short, orignaly an adult mob comedy called Down and Out, the movie tested terriblely with test audiences, apart from the brief scenes featuring a talking kangaroo. So the movies marketing was retooled to turn it into a family friendly comedy with a taking Kangaroo, even though the Kangaroo was still barely in it and all the trailers used the one new scene of him. Kangaroo Jack is a meme, but not a big enough one to justify a character spot in a game like this. He literally only appears like three times in his own film, and I don't think anyone really cares about the animated sequal, which I didn't even know existed until people on this thread started taking about it. I don't think WB are keen to cash on Kangaroo Jack nostalgia anytime soon. I can't see this, funny as it would be.

Want - Abstain

This episode: the writers barely disguised fetish.
Chance- 5%
Totally Spies is a french cartoon about three teenage girls who are also superspies. It ran for five seasons, and then a revival season, and now another revival set for next year, and also had a prequel film. The show is kind of infamous online for the, suspect, content of some episodes. The series clearly has a big enough fandom to keep it alive for all this time. The series did run on CN. But it isn't WB owned. I don't think the rights would be too hard to get, but I also don't know if it soupd be too high on their radar. If we do start getting guest characters, then I think there's must gonna be a lot of competition.

Want - 50%
I did actually watch and like this show growing up. Even young me, who wouldn't watch "girl" shows thought this was a pretty cool show. They're not characters I'm super passionate about, but I do think they're cool and would be pretty fun.

Noms to Venture Bros rep

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Shaft
No scores

Matt Cordell
Chance: 6.67%
Want: No score

Sadly another low active day. Thankfully this day was more active so Kangaroo Jack and Totally Spies will get averages. But to be clear if we get too many days in a row of low activity, I will consider having the thread take an extended break.

Still, the noms were added so let's get to them.

Noms List

50+

25-49
Alex DeLarge x35
Concept: Milf Manor stage x32
Shang Tsung x30
Annoying Orange x29
Riverdale rep x28
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25
Sanda and/or Gaira x25
Uncle Grandpa x25

1-24
Buddy the Elf x24
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Migo (Smallfoot) x15
Yogi Bear x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
David Powers x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Cyborg x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

kangaroo with glasses

Chance: 4%

Kangaroo Jack is... certainly a film that happened. It's infamous and it received nominations for some colorful awards like least "special" special effects and all it won was the Kid's Choice Award for favorite fart in a movie. So that alone tells you a lot about the film. It's forgettable, with people only remembering the false advertising and the kangaroo that only shows up a pitiful amount of times. Even if Warner Bros owns this I don't see much incentive to include it. Aside from memes and some funny moveset potential I don't see the devs bother with it, seeing as it's neither a cult classic nor highly requested. And memes can only go so far to warrant an inclusion.

Want: 60%

Sure, whatever. I was bored out of my mind watching this film but the few kangaroo scenes were entertaining enough. I can see him being a pretty funny inclusion.

This is one of those shows that felt like a fever dream

Chance: 20%

This may seem a bit high to some of you but I legit think Totally Spies has a decent shot. It has been met with modest success, spanning six seasons with an upcoming seventh season in development, it has a movie, and in general it's a show that is nostalgic to many people. While Totally Spies is not something that is often discussed these days it is looked back at fondly and was revered during its prime. This is partially because...it made people realize things about themselves, if you catch my drift. The point is it has made an impact and with it having a future I can see it being something that Warner Bros is interested in including it in their crossover game. The only reason why this score ain't higher is because WB doesn't own the property and there are still plenty of CN staples that they do own that aren't currently in the game.

Want: 60%

Like with many people I grew up watching Totally Spies as well. It didn't leave much of an impression on me though, it was one of those shows that I was fine watching when there wasn't anything better on TV at the moment. To me, the show was just ok and while I did catch what it was seemingly trying to do with its "appeal", none of it influenced me. Still, it has that nostalgic factor for me so I'd be happy if either Sam, Clover or Alex made it in.

Noms: Sanda and/or Gaira x15

Day over.

Rate Hanna-Barbera's Space Ghost, as well as Concept: Regular Show characters.

Some videos to get into the superhero (and talk show host) mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mood for a show that is anything but regular:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”-Mordecai & Rigby
Regular Show
Series Theme: End Credits from Regular Show: The Movie
Alt Theme: Through The Fire and The Flames by Dragonforce/Everybody's Working for the Weekend/Heroes by David Bowie

89%: Regular Show is one of the most popular & well known animated series from Cartoon Network, the series is about a blue jay name Mordecai & a raccoon name Rigby who lives in a house in the middle of a park doing normal jobs ordered by their boss Benson, who’s a gumball machine while also living in the same place as other characters such as Pops, an old man with a huge head, Skips an immortal yeti, Muscle Man a green guy & his buddy Hi-Five Ghost, and later a goat name Thomas, who “spoiler” is secretly a russian spy. The two often get into some series of eventful stuff that ends up going wrong in a crazy way
Playing Rock, Paper, Scissors & leaving it in a tie? A vortex with a monster starts sucking everything up
Play Video Games? There’s a 8-bit devil in a arcade cabinet, wound up fighting the final boss in real life, or face a giant bearded faced dude
Trying to get your friend to celebrate their birthday, you screw up his chant and ended up meeting a council of giant babies.

All of not almost all of what the show does is anything, Anything but regular

The show aired in the same year as Adventure Time and was a massive hit on the network, lasting for over 8 Seasons! 6 Halloween Specials(9 Specials Total), 18 Shorts(and the pilot), and a Movie.
It had a music video similar to Adventure Time, was release on numerous DVD’s plus it’s own Full Series Set(sadly, on Australia), Merchandising such as Toys(That were criticized even on the show), made a couple of video games & had its own Nintendo 3DS Game, Comic Books including an Adventure Time Crossover, and a Vs. Match of Mordecai & Rigby fighting Finn & Jake from Adventure Time was nominated in a poll for DEATH BATTLE Season 10 last year

Okay, the last one was a nitpick but i got nothing else to say.

With the series’ status aswell as it’s rival show being in the game, Regular Show’s gotta be on the game right? Well as far as i know there aren’t any big roadblock preventing any of the characters getting in besides maybe J.G. Quintel, the creator might not let Warner use his characters after what happened with another show he made called “Close Enough” a cartoon that acts like regular show but with a married couple & their daughter+divorced friends and is made for adults, the show was on HBO Max but got removed during The Great HBO Max Purge(a nicknamed i just came up while typing this) and quintel was not happy.

Although, I don't think I remember or know what source exists that proves this theory and makes this case fall into the same situation as Maxwell Atoms’ the creator of Billy & Mandy.
And if it is then who knows if J.G. is the one who would decide despite Cartoon Network owning the show plus if they somehow manage to get any regular show character in the game & Quintel doesn’t show up he’d likely not reprise Mordecai, one of the main characters.

But even then the legacy regular show has is too great to ignore and would be a cartoon network show people would be happy to see, based on a community fan poll(which is likely still going) Mordecai & Rigby are among the top 5 most wanted characters for Multiversus albeit they are tied due to being separate it still doesn’t change the fact that everyone in the community likely want to see the best friend duo of the park show up in the game.

Hopefully it does but for now we’ll be waiting for a real jolly good show to happen.

89%: Regular Show was one of the shows that I watched back when it was airing it’s first 3-4 seasons & was a show i constantly like to mimic. Looking back made me believe that i love the show. I love it’s structure were they take something that’s normal and turn it into something that’s bad or unknown to turn it into a horrific event that the characters have to stop, it was really engaging & has inspired me to make a series i draw almost like regular show.

There are some episodes i love back then such as Benson Be Gone, Exit 9B, and Video Game Wizards. Moments such as The Montage Scene with Dragonforce playing and The Battle with the villains to take back the park, plus, i teared i was left sad when i saw the finale where Pops sacrificed himself to give everyone a good ending and seeing them grow up while David Bowie music plays i got to hear some of his music after that & made me hear more 80’s music after that.

It’s hard to explain it all but Regular Show was a cool show for me and is still is, my mind not agree but it the memories i shared with it i want to look back & know how it was to see a show that was fun. I did miss out on the show before i got to watch it again for it’s final season then later made it for it by watching the whole series on watchcartoononline, if Regular Show ever makes it onto Multiversus i’d play mordecai & rigby for the heck of showing how much i cared for the series and would never forget the childhood it gave me or the inspiration for what i want to do in the future.

Again, Mordecai & Rigby would be my picks to represent Multiversus they’d work as separate fighters but i honestly think they work better as a duo due to all the stuff they’ve done together.
Yes it’s opinionated but still it sounds a lot better doesn’t it?

Skips could also be a good 2nd rep since he is the serious one of the bunch, he does know how to fight, and shares a sad backstory. Muscle Man has good support going for him i can see him working as a hardcore jokey character who does well with his humorous nature aswell as his Serious Side.

Muscle Man: I’m Not Mad
Rigby: Really?
Muscle Man: Nope…I’m Furious!

Pops would also work they’d based his moveset off his playful side aswell as what he goes through in the final season, and Benson would be another good fit to work in his rage fuelled energy from the episode “Benson Be Gone” were he had his greatest moment in the end.

Every Option would work but i’m gonna push for Mordecai & Rigby to get in due to being the main characters of their show.
i hope to see them get in to represent regular show in multiversus, sometime.

Currently i'm going to take a small break from rating but i will get Space Ghost's Ranking out sometime soon, i also wrote down my rating for The Smash Overlap so that one will be release in advance of the next batch.

Edit at 1/15/23 at 11:51 AM: Greetings everybody and welcome to the show

“SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEE GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSTTTTTTT”
Space Ghost
His Theme: The Opening from Space Ghost & Dino Boy/Coast to Coast from Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
Alt Theme: Ghost Planet National Anthem from Space Ghost: Coast to Coast

90%: Space Ghost is a character from the original 1966 animated series “Space Ghost & Dino Boy”
The show features two different segments focusing on their own set of characters & their stories.
Space Ghost, a superhero in space who saves the world from villains such as Zorak, Brak & His Brother Sisto, Black Widow, and Moltar alongside the team of teenagers plus their pet monkey(does that sound familiar) called The Galaxy Trio.
Meanwhile, Dino Boy is about a kid who survived a plane crash and landed on an island were dinosaurs, mammoths, & caveman have survived and inhabited an island, he now lives with them alongside some other creatures that live on the island too.

The series i assumed was one of hanna-barbera’s finest series getting comics from archie, marvel, and dc aswell as a manga. But it didn’t last long and was likely not the most popular show they’ve made.

However in spite of this Space Ghost has shown up in many pieces of media & is more seemingly well known in a spin-off that would serve as one of cartoon network original series’ “Space Ghost: Coast to Coast'' were instead of being a superhero space ghost is a talk show host speaking with celebrities such as Conan ‘O’ Brian, Matt Groaning, Jim Carrey, Hulk Hogan, etc. he’s also with two of his enemies Zorak & Moltar, who help space ghost with his show. Brak also appears in the show but has been changed from an evil space pirate to a dim-witted weirdo who’s friends with zorak

Coast to Coast has proven to be very popular(moreso then it’s predecessor) spinning spin-offs such as Cartoon Planet & The Brak Show, inspired similar parody series such as Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law and Sealab 2021, it was even the predecessor to Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Coast to Coast also has comics of it’s own and Space Ghost has appeared in plenty of interviews & cameos on other shows such as Robot Chicken.

In terms of his chances, there’s nothing keeping space ghost from getting in and his legacy status from Adult Swim does give him a chance. Although they’d likely gun for coast to coast’s iteration it’s still possible they can create a composite version from the original & the spin-off considering he’s..you know a superhero. Space Ghost could also be a great announcer whether he’s playable or not, heck maybe even brak & zorak would work as announcers too they got what it takes to speak out for the fighters.

70%: I remember first seeing space ghost in a dvd promo showing the complete series of his show alongside Birdman & The Galaxy Trio and Tex Avery’s Droopy, when i got cable i remembering seeing space ghost air but never watched it. I found out about coast to coast later on & actually loved it.

I watched the first two seasons of space ghost: coast to coast during high school and thought it was entertaining. One episode i remember a lot is “S2 Ep 7: Jerk” which has space ghost pretty much acting very jerkish towards zorak, moltar, and his guests while also bringing up his evil twin, i like the part were the galaxy trio tried getting a hold of space ghost only for him to tell moltar to cut them off.

Jace: Paging, Space Ghost
Space Ghost: You? Haven’t i told you never to call me here, Moltar hang up! Next caller
Phone Offline
Jan: Jerk

Or the beginning of the episode were Brak sings the song and Space Ghost says “Who Let That Little Creep On?”
Also while i was rewatching the episode a little bit, I realized the joke with the refrigerator running during one of the calls was also pretty funny.

Man, Those were the highlights.

I think space ghost would have to be in this game due to his legacy and i wouldn’t mind his inclusion as a fighter, in fact i think he’d look cool. I may not know what he’d do from his arsenal but there could be stuff he’s done that would help me learn about space ghost’s abilities plus maybe his history from the original show. Although i’d like to hear George Lowe play him and make some quips for him too such as mentioning banjo.

Baaaaaannnnjjjjooooooooo!!!!!!!

I'll also be changing out Azumanga Daioh and switching out with Sonic the Hedgehog, there isn't anything warner related giving to the Azumanga Daioh girls yet & if they'll ever get on toonami.

As for why sonic? well he has history with Cartoon Network, he appeared in LEGO Dimensions, and if they were to start getting gaming icons outside of their own here sonic's likely a favorite for the creators.

Anyways, My Nominations
Tanjiro
Azumanga Daioh(Swapping with Sonic the Hedgehog)
Marvel Characters(is this option allowed?)

Edit at 1/18/23 at 12:34 AM: added color to the text of the space ghost characters for their quotes.

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Space Ghost

Chance- 20%
Space Ghost does have his following which makes me think his chances is at least 20%. But I feel like he might be currently a bit niche to the point I think other Hanna-Barbera characters would be chosen over him.

Want- Abstain
I don't remember him well enough to exactly say how much I want him at the moment.

Regular Show

Chance- 80%
Regular Show is one of Cartoon Network's current mainstream show. So I think a Regular Show rep is a near guarantee at this point and not much roadblocks for them.

Want- 0%
Regular Show is one of my least favourites series wise for current Cartoon Network. I have no interest in a Regular Show rep at all.

Noms
Cyborg- x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Azumanga Daioh
Marvel Characters(is this option allowed?)
I will allow Marvel characters since there is stuff like the Blade trilogy which were distributed by New Line Cinema and there have been multiple Marvel and DC crossover comics.

My question to you is what is Azumanga's connection to Warner Bros? I did a bit of research but didn't find anything.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I will allow Marvel characters since there is stuff like the Blade trilogy which were distributed by New Line Cinema and there have been multiple Marvel and DC crossover comics.

My question to you is what is Azumanga's connection to Warner Bros? I did a bit of research but didn't find anything.
I thought it was because AMC bought out Sentai Filmworks which helped worked on Azumanga Daioh, but after quick researching i think i might of made a mistake.

Plus, i wanted to see Azumanga Daioh in and thought they were likely to bring the show on Toonami however that hasn't happened yet.

Might as well change their nomination

osby

Smash Obsessed
Space Ghost

Chance:
15%

Space Ghost is a cult-classic Hannah-Barbera series with a surprising amount of interesting spin-offs, including a unique talk show (whose creators later helped make Adult Swim). It also has another historical significance for Cartoon Network, Toonami has its roots behind this franchise. Space Ghost may be something of a deep cut but a well-known one among fans more well-versed in WB library and he's definitely one of the more action-oriented Hannah-Barbera characters which may prioritize his inclusion over some.

However, there are some serious hurdles in front of Space Ghost. After Scoob, I feel like Blue Falcon is more in-the-radar of the company as an HB superhero compared to him. Also, as interesting as an invisibility mechanic could be, one may feel that DC superheroes may have an edge over him in popularity while having a similar appeal.

Want: 40%

He's not a character I'd be crazy about but it seems fun to have a superhero with a talk show host job on the side, if only for the character interactions. His moveset potential doesn't do much for me and I'm not familiar with his cartoons but I wouldn't mind him that much.

Regular Show content

Chance:
65%

Regular Show is absolutely one of CN's most prominent series from the 2010s and while it didn't quite enjoy the franchise boom like say, Adventure Time did, it nevertheless cemented itself as a fan favorite thanks to its consistently funny writing, great characters, unpredictable plots, and some very effective drama. Even after its final, it received some comic books and characters like Mordecai and Rigby appeared in some CN crossover games. There may be bigger shows from the network out there but Regular Show isn't far behind. Also, Multiversus devs take note of community requests, and Mordecai and Rigby are both popular suggestions.

I don't think there are many questions about who would represent the show; it should be Mordecai and Rigby. They have both enough material to work with and even if the other characters are plenty popular, I think this doesn't affect the chances of the series getting a character negatively.

Want: 85%

Admittedly, I kinda fell off from Regular Show during the last seasons but I still love it to death and the final episode made me cry like a baby. The only reason the score isn't higher is that my favorite character Pops isn't that likely and I have other CN shows I prefer. Still, this would be one exciting addition to the roster.

Nominations: Migo (Smallfoot)

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Regular Show

Chance: 100%

Regular Show is one of CN's most popular and well acclaimed shows, with over 200 episodes and a fairly long run. It was part of an "animation renaissance", along with Adventure Time. There have been plenty of things in the show to use for moves, and each of the main characters have plenty of personality. Mordecai and Rigby have individually been shown to be in the top 5 most requested characters for the game. And if all of that wasn't enough, Tony has already said he would "try his best" to get Mordecai and Rigby in the game, with Regular Show being one of his favorite shows. Considering there wouldn't be any legal hurdles, "try" seems like a stretch.

Regular Show is my favorite cartoon of all time. Regardless of who gets in, I would play them constantly, though Mordecai and Rigby as two reps would make the most sense (and match Adventure Time's representation). Either of them could really showcase the show's craziness by using various powers and items from the episodes.

D

Deleted member

Chance- 90%
Yeah this might seem high but I genuinely see it. Regular Show is one of the big modern cartoon network hits. It and Adventure Time are seen as the start of the modern golden era of CN after the CN real fiasco. It was extremely popular, running for 8 seasons and a moved and winning awards. The show has been off the air for a little bit, but so have Adventure Time and Steven Universe at this point (though AT does have its spin off specials). Most of all, Mordcai and Rigby have directly been mentioned by the games director as characters he would like to include. I think it's pretty much a matter of time. I do think Mordecai and Rigby would be chosen over Skips, Muscle Man, Pops, etc. Pretty much all the demand is on them. Could we get more after that? Maybe. I think it'd be Muscle Man if anyone, but most likely we'd just get Mordecai and Rigby. The big question is if they'll be paired or split up. So far pretty much all the major duos, with the exception of Tom & Jerry, have been split up. Rick & Morty, Shaggy and Scooby, Finn & Jake. I think they'll go for the later. The only thing I can see holding them back is the potential competition from other CN reps, but I think fan demand and the directors clear interest in then will boost them through.

Want - 80%
Yeah. I like RS. I didn't watch all of it but i used to watch it a lot. Any of the characters from the show would make for really fun, interesting fighting game characters. I'd definitely be happy with Mordecai and Rigby but I also think Muscle Man would be extremely funny. There's a lot you could do for movesets with the cast of this show.

Chance - 60%
Space Ghost is a superhero from a 60s Hanna-Barbera superhero show. A very of the time superhero, with fariyl standard superhero powers, Space Ghost wasn't the most popular charatcer, only getting one season, but still made some apperneces in other shows. The character of Space Ghost is more known for his reinvention as a talk show host in the 90s show Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. This show helped launch Adult Swim and received spin offs, including popular shows like Harvey Birdman and even Aqua Teen Hunger Force. He also featured on Cartoon Planet, a show that featured him and Brak introducing other cartoons. Coast to Coast ran for multiple seasons and was fairly influential on later shows. This is probably the version of Space Ghost most pepole are familiar with. He still gets used as a sort of mascot for AS now. The character of Space Ghost has made other apperances since, including ab episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, a reinvention as a more serious superhero by DC, and even appeared as the narrator (albeit unamed) in Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion. I think Space Ghost has enough legacy and popularity as this point to justify his inclusion. I think the only thing he has going against him is potential competition from other HB characters and other superheroes, but I could see the popularity and legacy of CTC pulling him through.

Want- 50%
Don't have any real attachment to the original, but CTC is pretty fun. I found what I've seen of it pretty funny. I could see him being a pretty fun character and having some fun interactions with the DC characters.

Noms to Red Guy (Cow and Chicken)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The usual program: 98%
The demand is high, there's no ridiculous international licensing BS, the lead dev has expressed a desire to feature the characters, and it's already got heavy references to retro platformers and fighting games. Seems like a perfect fit. Only thing I really see going against it is that CN is very hesistant to use nostalgia, which RS would fall under at this point.

All noms towards Concept: Velma (2023) Skins

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I want to start the day now but it's getting a bit late for me. So what I'm going to do is hold out on noms for now and tomorrow I'll do the calcs for both the Kangaroo Jack/Totally Spies day and the Regular Show/Space Ghost day at the same time.

But first things first...

The narrator for CN Punch Time Explosion

Chance: 35%

Overall Space Ghost's chances are fairly good. His popularity grew quite a bit thanks to Coast to Coast and he is still used in material today such as Jellystone and he was in Space Jam 2. I could see the competition with CN/Adult Swim and superhero characters being an obstacle but with how prominent Space Ghost is in the zeitgeist of Adult Swim I can see him being a priority.

Want: 55%

Truth be told I don't have much attachment to this guy. I watched a bit of Coast to Coast when I was younger but I didn't get the humor and the animation turned me off. It's something that I'd probably enjoy more nowadays but right now I just respect Space Ghost more than anything.

Jolly good show

Chance: 65%

Behind Adventure Time and Steven Universe, Regular Show is a logical next step for CN representation. While not exactly new anymore, it's one of the shows that marked the network's renaissance in the early 2010's. It was very popular, running for 8 seasons and it even has the first CN original movie since the 2009 Ed Edd n Eddy film. Overall, a pretty safe bet, even when considering the immense competition within CN alone.

Regular Show was probably my favorite CN show of the 2010's. The humor hit all the right spots for me and the plots were so bat**** insane I looked forward to seeing what kind of shenanigans the characters would face with each new episode. I fell off the show around season 5 when it felt like every episode was basically "Mordecai and Rigby break something and they have to fix it before people find out". Regardless it's a show I look back on fondly and I like the characters. I would be stoked for either Mordecai, Rigby, Muscle Man or Skips, though I'd be fine with Benson and Pops too.

Noms: Sanda and/or Gaira x10

Day over.

Rate Peppa Pig, as well as Concept: Any roster overlap with Super Smash Bros.

Important: For the concept, we are specifically looking at the characters on the playable roster. Also, I will be handing out a special exception today. You are allowed to factor in any playable Smash character in your rating, regardless if the character has a Warner Bros connection or not. Your welcome :). Just don't expect me to make that exception often.

That said, for those of you who are curious which series on the Smash roster has a WB connection, I got you covered. I took the time to compile a list of every series that has ties to WB, though it might not be 100% comprehensive. If you find any series I missed, feel free to mention it. Anyway, let's get to the list as there is bound to be some that surprise you:
  • Pokemon - Aired on Kids WB then CN back to back from 1999 to 2017. WB also distributed Detective Pikachu and several of the anime films.
  • Mega Man - NT Warriors aired on CN in Australia and Kids WB in the U.S.
  • Castlevania - WB distributed the home video releases of the Netflix anime.
  • Minecraft - WB is set up to distribute the upcoming Minecraft movie.
  • Tekken - The 2009 film was distributed by Warner Bros of Japan.
  • Sonic - Sonic Boom aired on CN.
Now let's get on with the videos.

Here are some videos to get into the peppa pig mood:

And here are some songs related to series with ties to WB:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
It's been a while since I've really delved into something like this, but I may as well cut my teeth on it.

------------------------------------------------------​

Peppa Pig
Chance: 2%.

Peppa is in a bit of a difficult position to really justify given one primary thing: audience, but not quite in the way you'd expect. The natural conclusion that a lot of people would jump to is "Nobody who plays MultiVersus would want Peppa", when in truth, I can imagine Peppa becoming a solid ironic pick for a lot of people and becoming a really memed character overall. Peppa's already not exactly a mainstay of meme culture, but she's existed as a part of it for some time - and at the very least has been an ironic punchline for some time. The actual issue here is that MultiVersus is rated Teen by the ESRB and PEGI 12 here in Europe - and I can very easily imagine the game (and Warner Bros. by extension) coming under heavy fire in the media for promoting an IP very prominently connected to young children in a product explicitly not to be marketed to them (most likely using the presence of Game of Thrones content as a tool of leverage, too.)

This aside, Peppa's actually got quite a few issues to consider aside from this pretty obvious point. Firstly, she's not Warner-owned - whilst this isn't probably a massive barrier to entry on its own, it does add up alongside other things to become a little difficult to justify her inclusion. Considering her IP holder is Entertainment One - owned by Hasbro - that would mean there'd probably be a lot of different IPs they'd prefer to promote in a fighting game environment compared to Peppa Pig. To me at least, Transformers springs to mind as probably the most logical in this case - being already action-based in the first place and not "cannibalising the market" by overlapping with other fighting games. Peppa Pig content would hardly be high on the list in the first place, all potential controversy aside.

Not only this, but one has to consider how exactly Peppa would exactly look and animate. Yes, it's been memed to death with body horror already, but Peppa's character design doesn't exactly lend well to 3D models, which isn't as much of a problem with other cartoon characters. The face especially is a little difficult to picture, and whilst I can imagine them somehow creating a solution in the form of having Peppa's eyes move to both be on the same side of the head from time to time, it'd be pretty difficult as a result to animate even basic movements and the like without making her look incredibly uncanny. It's not impossible by any means, but it'd need a lot of workshopping - again, another barrier to entry that makes it more and more difficult to justify her inclusion over others.

I think Peppa's not an impossible pick by any means, but the moment you look at Peppa's inclusion outside of purely how it would be in the game, the sheer amount of controversy that it would breed - plus the obvious standout inclusions that could fit in her place pretty seamlessly - it feels less and less likely that she'd even get through all of the corporate talk to being remotely considered. And even if she was... the novelty of her inclusion would wear off pretty quickly.

Want: 5%?

The thing is, I don't play MultiVersus all that much. The novelty of "HAHA SUPERMAN CAN CURBSTOMP PEPPA PIG" would wear thin fast. It'd be funny for about a week at most before she settles into being a solid mid-tier. The rest of the content surrounding her would be angry opinion articles in the Guardian about how MultiVersus is promoting the illegal acquisition of violent video games to young children for about a month after release until it's ultimately forgotten for another decade, and then she'll be discussed in the game's roster in video essays identically to how we think of Fat Princess back in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. The only other things I can imagine are something like a "gangsta Peppa" mod becoming a brief meme, and that's it. Mechanically, she couldn't bring much to the table - she'd inevitably end up being defined by an easy-to-understand playstyle that brings next to nothing to the game that we haven't seen before. She'd lack substance aside from just the novelty of her being in a game at all.

And yet... a small part of me looks at the inclusion of characters like Wii Fit Trainer and Villager in Super Smash Bros. and have just a little hope for how she could work. Sure, her main appeal would be the inherent weirdness of her inclusion at all, but there's potential. The issue is that I can't really imagine the potential being put to good use - she's a "kids character", after all.

------------------------------------------------------
Any Smash Bros. Overlap

Given this is a concept round, I'd probably best look at everything in general first before zeroing on on a central point. First things first - I think we can say with near-certainty that fully Nintendo-owned characters are unlikely at best. Characters like Mario, Link, Samus and so forth would inevitably be requested to stay as console-exclusives, and even then, I don't feel like Nintendo would be particularly interested in playing ball with some of their biggest IPs considering they already have the money-printing Smash Bros. to justify their combat. The only possible exception that comes to mind is Pikachu given Pokemon's presence as a multimedia empire - and it does help that Pokken Tournament exists - but again, I feel like Nintendo would have very specific requirements given that MultiVersus's team isn't someone they have a history with... and it'd make it difficult to play ball.

Alternately, third-party characters that exist in Smash are an interesting case. However, I'm going to need to make some presumptions here. Given I don't know what Nintendo's licensing agreement with these inclusions are - namely, if there's some kind of exclusivity deal in relation to games similar to Smash - I'm going to presume that all of the content in Smash is allowed to be in other platfighters and is effectively on the table. And here... is where things get difficult.

I think the idea of having a third-party pick get in conceptually depends less on what has "history with WB" and moreso on what would act as good promotion for both brands. It'd be a bit silly for WB to limit what they can get their hands on purely because of a Smash-based mindset, and whilst connections with WB would be nice, it's probably nowhere near as much of a big deal as some make it out to be. Essentially, if money can be made for both brands, it's reasonable.

Starting with playable characters, I think Ryu, Sonic, maybe Pac-Man and possibly Steve, are arguably reasonable picks. Aside from them: no. Snake's tied up with Konami's bull**** as is and probably wouldn't bring enough interest to MultiVersus to warrant inclusion, for instance. Mega Man, Simon, Terry, Banjo could be argued to lack relevance - they would really promote anything that's currently out there (aside from maybe KOF15 and Xbox Game Pass, but that's clutching at straws.) It's unlikely that Square Enix would have any interest in using MultiVersus to promote Final Fantasy VII or the Dragon Quest series - Final Fantasy XVI is potentially plausible, but a remote consideration at best - and Sora is pretty much a hard no due to licensing difficulties and, again, generally better-suited choices across the board. Joker and Bayonetta feel unlikely compared to SEGA's blue rat, and I feel a Tekken rep in general is possible (given the upcoming Tekken 8) but feels a little unlikely.

Even then, though... Ryu could reasonably be a promotional pick for Street Fighter 6 and has plenty of history in crossovers, so he makes a lot of sense. Pac-Man... isn't really promoting anything. Steve's in a similar boat. And as for Sonic - I think it's more likely his movie version would be included, and given Sonic 2 came out around 9 months ago, he's not promoting anything. Even with Ryu's argument, I think it's probably more reasonable they'd look into including someone else - Chun-Li springs to mind, but I think a character new to SF6 specifically (like maybe Jamie, Kimberly or SFV's Luke) are just as reasonable.

With Ryu as a "ech, maybe?", four other picks that could be argued to be potentially plausible, and a total of 78 other characters out of 82 that are unlikely at best, my chances here are low as a collective. (Also, I'm not taking into account any inclusions in the form of Mii costumes such as Vault Boy or Cuphead... but I don't think they'd change things much even as is.)

Want: 10%

I feel like overlap with Smash Bros. is... not quite a "missed opportunity", but more slightly pointless. Aside from the whole "they're already in a game" argument, there's not a lot of picks in the Smash roster that I'd say really feel like they need a game like MultiVersus to interpret them in a particularly unique way. Like, at most I can imagine a character like Cloud being re-interpreted slightly to closely mirror his FFVIIR gameplay, but that's about it. And, in terms of video game characters, there's honestly a lot of potential elsewhere for some interesting picks - whether you go for in-house picks like Midway's Scorpion & Ostrich Knight, or some unusual picks we haven't seen in this kind of format before, or some picks we've seen in other older platfighters or crossovers but could be breathed new life such as Kratos... or even some cool indie picks if you really wanted to push the boat out (like the Knight or a Kerbal astronaut. There's so much potential elsewhere, and limiting things to what we've seen in Smash would kind of be a shame. Hell, even in Ryu's place, I think Chun-Li would be a much more interesting candidate to finally see - even if that is just my own personal take. It'd be interesting to see a new take on some familiar faces, but seeing what MultiVersus can uniquely bring to the table would be way more interesting to me.

If I'm allowed to nominate, I'll post mine for Alex DeLarge, from A Clockwork Orange. For context, the film was distributed by Warner in the US, and apparently by both Columbia and Warner in the UK. (Obviously elements of his characterisation would need to be changed given many of the film's - and book's - themes, but I think he'd be interesting nonetheless.) Feel free to let me know if I've messed this up in any way!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It's been a while since I've really delved into something like this, but I may as well cut my teeth on it.

Peppa Pig
Chance: 2%.

Peppa is in a bit of a difficult position to really justify given one primary thing: audience, but not quite in the way you'd expect. The natural conclusion that a lot of people would jump to is "Nobody who plays MultiVersus would want Peppa", when in truth, I can imagine Peppa becoming a solid ironic pick for a lot of people and becoming a really memed character overall. Peppa's already not exactly a mainstay of meme culture, but she's existed as a part of it for some time - and at the very least has been an ironic punchline for some time. The actual issue here is that MultiVersus is rated Teen by the ESRB and PEGI 12 here in Europe - and I can very easily imagine the game (and Warner Bros. by extension) coming under heavy fire in the media for promoting an IP very prominently connected to young children in a product explicitly not to be marketed to them (most likely using the presence of Game of Thrones content as a tool of leverage, too.)

This aside, Peppa's actually got quite a few issues to consider aside from this pretty obvious point. Firstly, she's not Warner-owned - whilst this isn't probably a massive barrier to entry on its own, it does add up alongside other things to become a little difficult to justify her inclusion. Considering her IP holder is Entertainment One - owned by Hasbro - that would mean there'd probably be a lot of different IPs they'd prefer to promote in a fighting game environment compared to Peppa Pig. To me at least, Transformers springs to mind as probably the most logical in this case - being already action-based in the first place and not "cannibalising the market" by overlapping with other fighting games. Peppa Pig content would hardly be high on the list in the first place, all potential controversy aside.

Not only this, but one has to consider how exactly Peppa would exactly look and animate. Yes, it's been memed to death with body horror already, but Peppa's character design doesn't exactly lend well to 3D models, which isn't as much of a problem with other cartoon characters. The face especially is a little difficult to picture, and whilst I can imagine them somehow creating a solution in the form of having Peppa's eyes move to both be on the same side of the head from time to time, it'd be pretty difficult as a result to animate even basic movements and the like without making her look incredibly uncanny. It's not impossible by any means, but it'd need a lot of workshopping - again, another barrier to entry that makes it more and more difficult to justify her inclusion over others.

I think Peppa's not an impossible pick by any means, but the moment you look at Peppa's inclusion outside of purely how it would be in the game, the sheer amount of controversy that it would breed - plus the obvious standout inclusions that could fit in her place pretty seamlessly - it feels less and less likely that she'd even get through all of the corporate talk to being remotely considered. And even if she was... the novelty of her inclusion would wear off pretty quickly.

Want: 5%?

The thing is, I don't play MultiVersus all that much. The novelty of "HAHA SUPERMAN CAN CURBSTOMP PEPPA PIG" would wear thin fast. It'd be funny for about a week at most before she settles into being a solid mid-tier. The rest of the content surrounding her would be angry opinion articles in the Guardian about how MultiVersus is promoting the illegal acquisition of violent video games to young children for about a month after release until it's ultimately forgotten for another decade, and then she'll be discussed in the game's roster in video essays identically to how we think of Fat Princess back in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. The only other things I can imagine are something like a "gangsta Peppa" mod becoming a brief meme, and that's it. Mechanically, she couldn't bring much to the table - she'd inevitably end up being defined by an easy-to-understand playstyle that brings next to nothing to the game that we haven't seen before. She'd lack substance aside from just the novelty of her being in a game at all.

And yet... a small part of me looks at the inclusion of characters like Wii Fit Trainer and Villager in Super Smash Bros. and have just a little hope for how she could work. Sure, her main appeal would be the inherent weirdness of her inclusion at all, but there's potential. The issue is that I can't really imagine the potential being put to good use - she's a "kids character", after all.

Any Smash Bros. Overlap

Given this is a concept round, I'd probably best look at everything in general first before zeroing on on a central point. First things first - I think we can say with near-certainty that fully Nintendo-owned characters are unlikely at best. Characters like Mario, Link, Samus and so forth would inevitably be requested to stay as console-exclusives, and even then, I don't feel like Nintendo would be particularly interested in playing ball with some of their biggest IPs considering they already have the money-printing Smash Bros. to justify their combat. The only possible exception that comes to mind is Pikachu given Pokemon's presence as a multimedia empire - and it does help that Pokken Tournament exists - but again, I feel like Nintendo would have very specific requirements given that MultiVersus's team isn't someone they have a history with... and it'd make it difficult to play ball.

Alternately, third-party characters that exist in Smash are an interesting case. However, I'm going to need to make some presumptions here. Given I don't know what Nintendo's licensing agreement with these inclusions are - namely, if there's some kind of exclusivity deal in relation to games similar to Smash - I'm going to presume that all of the content in Smash is allowed to be in other platfighters and is effectively on the table. And here... is where things get difficult.

I think the idea of having a third-party pick get in conceptually depends less on what has "history with WB" and moreso on what would act as good promotion for both brands. It'd be a bit silly for WB to limit what they can get their hands on purely because of a Smash-based mindset, and whilst connections with WB would be nice, it's probably nowhere near as much of a big deal as some make it out to be. Essentially, if money can be made for both brands, it's reasonable.

Starting with playable characters, I think Ryu, Sonic, maybe Pac-Man and possibly Steve, are arguably reasonable picks. Aside from them: no. Snake's tied up with Konami's bull**** as is and probably wouldn't bring enough interest to MultiVersus to warrant inclusion, for instance. Mega Man, Simon, Terry, Banjo could be argued to lack relevance - they would really promote anything that's currently out there (aside from maybe KOF15 and Xbox Game Pass, but that's clutching at straws.) It's unlikely that Square Enix would have any interest in using MultiVersus to promote Final Fantasy VII or the Dragon Quest series - Final Fantasy XVI is potentially plausible, but a remote consideration at best - and Sora is pretty much a hard no due to licensing difficulties and, again, generally better-suited choices across the board. Joker and Bayonetta feel unlikely compared to SEGA's blue rat, and I feel a Tekken rep in general is possible (given the upcoming Tekken 8) but feels a little unlikely.

Even then, though... Ryu could reasonably be a promotional pick for Street Fighter 6 and has plenty of history in crossovers, so he makes a lot of sense. Pac-Man... isn't really promoting anything. Steve's in a similar boat. And as for Sonic - I think it's more likely his movie version would be included, and given Sonic 2 came out around 9 months ago, he's not promoting anything. Even with Ryu's argument, I think it's probably more reasonable they'd look into including someone else - Chun-Li springs to mind, but I think a character new to SF6 specifically (like maybe Jamie, Kimberly or SFV's Luke) are just as reasonable.

With Ryu as a "ech, maybe?", four other picks that could be argued to be potentially plausible, and a total of 78 other characters out of 82 that are unlikely at best, my chances here are low as a collective. (Also, I'm not taking into account any inclusions in the form of Mii costumes such as Vault Boy or Cuphead... but I don't think they'd change things much even as is.)

Want: 10%

I feel like overlap with Smash Bros. is... not quite a "missed opportunity", but more slightly pointless. Aside from the whole "they're already in a game" argument, there's not a lot of picks in the Smash roster that I'd say really feel like they need a game like MultiVersus to interpret them in a particularly unique way. Like, at most I can imagine a character like Cloud being re-interpreted slightly to closely mirror his FFVIIR gameplay, but that's about it. And, in terms of video game characters, there's honestly a lot of potential elsewhere for some interesting picks - whether you go for in-house picks like Midway's Scorpion & Ostrich Knight, or some unusual picks we haven't seen in this kind of format before, or some picks we've seen in other older platfighters or crossovers but could be breathed new life such as Kratos... or even some cool indie picks if you really wanted to push the boat out (like the Knight or a Kerbal astronaut. There's so much potential elsewhere, and limiting things to what we've seen in Smash would kind of be a shame. Hell, even in Ryu's place, I think Chun-Li would be a much more interesting candidate to finally see - even if that is just my own personal take. It'd be interesting to see a new take on some familiar faces, but seeing what MultiVersus can uniquely bring to the table would be way more interesting to me.

If I'm allowed to nominate, I'll post mine for Alex DeLarge, from A Clockwork Orange. For context, the film was distributed by Warner in the US, and apparently by both Columbia and Warner in the UK. (Obviously elements of his characterisation would need to be changed given many of the film's - and book's - themes, but I think he'd be interesting nonetheless.) Feel free to let me know if I've messed this up in any way!
Your explanation on the Smash Characters...was good, good job man.

Edit at 1/21/23 at 8:13 PM: Welp, since no one else has uploaded there's yet might as well go next.

“Settle it, In SMASH!!!”-The Announcer
Any Smash Overlap
Series Theme: Main Menu from Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Alt Theme: Break the Targets from Super Smash Bros Melee

5%: Super Smash Bros is the predecessor for Multiversus and one of gaming’s most popular fighting series of all time,starting out on the Nintendo 64 it became a hit which would later spawn continuing entries such as Melee for Gamecube, Brawl for Wii, Wii U/3DS for…Wii U & 3DS, and then the latest version Ultimate for Nintendo Switch.

The series is a crossover fighting game with Nintendo then later they started using characters from 3rd party companies which nowadays considers it a crossover fighting game for all things gaming(Albeit nintendo will always be what smash is all about).

Many games have been inspired by smash bros and multiversus is one of them and the first to succeed currently as it is, but would that mean they could cross over with each other?

Well, to quote a youtuber known as “Venturian”

“The Correct Answer is HECK NO!!!!”

Basing this off of what we’ve speculated nintendo would not be willing to let their characters show up in other consoles or even Multiversus in that matter, there hasn’t been any instances were Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, or Metroid appearing in other shape or form in other games without them being multi-platform(the modern ones) and sure 3rd parties being in a limbo for Multiversus doesn’t help either but when those start rolling out any nintendo Ip is likely not gonna be available as long as nintendo doesn’t allow it.

At best the third party characters are free to show up but not all of them are likely possible for one reason or another, at best I see Street Fighter, Probably Minecraft, and most likely but not Sonic.

Street Fighter has Ryu & Chun-Li with the former appearing in numerous crossovers before aswell as the latter. While there is the chance for them to go add someone else such as a newcomer from the upcoming Street Fighter 6, Ryu & Chun-Li are iconic that the crew would likely aim to get one of them or both for the game instead.

Sonic’s another likely candidate due to his legacy although there are many things i worry about him if he gets in but that should be a story saved for another day, at best they’re likely to use another version of him such as movie sonic to drum up a new similar yet brand new gameplay style for the blue blur, however i see the multiversus crew likely getting the normal version in general.

Steve’s only chance of getting in is based on the minecraft movie which has been in development for a long time(2014 was when it was greenlit) so it’s unknown if they’ll use minecraft to correspond with the film or if not then would minecraft still be up for auditioning?

60%: I wouldn’t mind seeing characters who appeared in smash bros appear in Multiversus even with nintendo, it’d imagine they’d want to make a better moveset to represent them with stuff the main game never gave them aswell as more creative freedom for the nintendo characters to do more then they do in smash, and i am not saying this to diss on smash it’s complicated but i don’t want to diss on them like others do on here.

If it's just the third parties then i would mostly be okay, "mostly" is due to the idea that some of them i think are best suited for smash(Banjo & Kazooie and i guess Sora) while others i would be okay with(Ryu).

Peppa Pig, i'll probably need to see if the information is agreeably to me for me to rate her but as of now i'll just skip doing so since i want to give myself a break from rating too many characters for the game.

Nominations
Uncle Grandpa
Osmosis Jones

Edit at 8:32 PM of the same day: if i update this then that means i got more to say or wish to fix things up.

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Peppa Pig

Chance- 1%
Peppa not being Warner Bros owned and Entertainment One has her ip hurts her chances a lot. Since Entertainment One is owned by Hasbro and when it comes to copyright stuff they are rather tough on it.

Want- Abstain
Don't really much have an opinion on her.

Smash Ultimate Overlap

Chance- 0.5%
The Nintendo owned characters would definitely won't be happening due to the console exclusive issue they have, despite some Nintendo related series popped on Kids WB, Cartoon Network, etc. before. For non Nintendo owned characters they marginally have a better chance since they won't have the console exclusive restriction but even then I only see Street Fighter being the only series that might pop up in Multiversus.

Want- 50%
I would find it interesting to see a character who is in Smash and Multiversus. But it depends on who the character in question is overall.

Noms
Cyborg- x10

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm gonna do a quick lightning round for Smash stuff. I might do Peppa Pig Later, maybe not. This might be a bit unfocused because i'm doing this at 1:30 AM

Most Nintendo IPs - 0%. Nintendo is infamously greedy with their IPs. they would probably prefer to martially execute mario before they allow him on an xbox. Unless they radically change anytime soon, this is a hard no.
Pokemon - 5%. Marginally more likely than the rest , for two reasons. The first is that Nintendo doesn't fully own Pokemon (this is why it has so many more mobile games, and even a few PC TCG games), and the second is that Warner has already shown a vested interest in the property with the Detective Pikachu movie. It still isn't that likely, though, because Nintendo could and probably would put their foot down on this, and for the latter the DP movie kind of flopped and it's sequel was canned (wow, I just realized Ryan Reynolds stars in two movies with the DP initials)
Solid Snake - 10%. This is an interesting one. Yes, the MGS movie is being done by Sony, but unlike all the other big movie companies Sony isn't competing in the streaming race, which helps to smooth over relationships. If the movie is good... maybe?
Sonic - 1%. Boom is dead and the movie rights are over with Paramount. Unless those outlandish rumors that warner plans to be bought out are true, this isn't happening.
Mega Man - 1%. Netflix is the one tinkering with this IP, unless it blows up it wont happen
Pac-Man - 1%. Apparently there's a Pac-Man movie in the works? No idea who's doing it, but either way there's not really a point.
Final Fantasy 7 - 1%. I think this is the first one on the list without an adaptation in the works! That just means there isn't much to promote
Bayonetta - .5%. Why?
Castlevania - 2.5%. This is a bit more likely than most others, because the Netflix castlevania adaptation was really popular (unlike the question mark of Mega Man), and the leaks suggest the possibility of Netflix stuff coming. Still not that likely, because it's just as likely that they would choose someone like Alucard, who isn't in Smash.
Joker - 1%. No adaptation, little incentive, there's already a Joker on the radar
Hero - 1%. No real reason.
Banjo - .25%. Why the **** would they go for banjo
Terry - 5% ****ty live action adaptation, but crossover prone so maybe?
Kazuya - 1%. His movies sucked, and i think those rights are with Disney now?
Sora - 0%. He's a prisioner to Michael Rat and Nomura

Now, for the actually likely ones...

Steve - 25%. Warner is doing the Minecraft movie, so if it ever gets around to coming out we might get a promotional rep. Problem is that it looks like the film will be some sort of hybrid between an iesaki and minecraft story mode, so it's very possible Steve won't even be in it.
Ryu/Ken- 45%. This isn't because of an adaptation, it's for one simple reason: Street Fighter is obsessed with crossing over. If it exists, it's probably met Ryu. Ryu is already the only Smash character in Fortnite (aside from Pac-Man, who isn't a full Skin). If this game has enough life, I think this is very likely.

All in all I think this is about a 30% chance on average. As for want, I'm gonna give this a 5%. I play these other platform fighters for characters that aren't in Smash, I don't need Multiversus to get my Falco Lombardi fix. Noms to Fortnite.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Abstaining on Peppa

I’m just gonna go with Sonic as the Smash overlap.

Chance: 40% despite Boom being over, Sonic has been part of a few WB related crossovers, notably OK KO and LEGO Dimensions and Sonic is still an iconic character who’s no stranger to crossovers in general, I feel SEGA/Sonic Team would probably take the devs on it if they were approached by this opportunity.

Want: 60% I honestly think Sonic would fit the style of this game. Considering the work the team puts into their fighters down to the animations and voice lines, I feel this game do his character, abilities and overall series arguably more justice than Smash has lately. Considering the team based gimmick, maybe we could also see Tails added as well just as wishful thinking.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Kangaroo Jack
Chance: 5.4%
Want: 63.5%

Concept: Totally Spies rep
Chance: 24%
Want: 54%

Space Ghost
Chance: 44%
Want: 53.75%

Concept: Regular Show characters
Chance: 83.86%
Want: 75.67%

Noms List

50+
Sanda and/or Gaira x50

25-49
Concept: Milf Manor stage x47
Alex DeLarge x35
Venture Brothers rep x32
Shang Tsung x30
Annoying Orange x29
Riverdale rep x28
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25
Uncle Grandpa x25
Cyborg x25
Migo (Smallfoot) x25

1-24
Buddy the Elf x24
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x15
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x15
Yogi Bear x13
Tanjiro x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
David Powers x10
Professor Fate x10
Concept: Velma (2023) skins x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Concept: Marvel characters x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Concept: My Hero Academia characters x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

In other news, Concept: Regular Show characters is now the 10th most likely thing we've rated, kicking Paul Atreides off the top 10 of chance.

Last edited:

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
Peppa Pig

Chance: 0%

Much like the previously rated Sesame Street, I feel pretty confident in saying the owners of Peppa Pig would take issue with having her in a fighting game. The connection is pretty week, I didn't even know she was eligible. Knee put it pretty solidly so I don't have much to add, but there are a lot of issues and I don't really think the team would go for it anyway.

Want: 50%

I mean, it would be a little funny. Beyond that, I'd be a little peeved Peppa Pig made it in before Neo Matrix.

Overlap With Smash

Assuming there is no exclusivity contract in place, the only characters here I see as real possibilities are Sonic, Ryu, and Steve. Everyone else just doesn't have the connection, isn't big enough, or has significant licensing issues. Sonic may have more ties to Paramount than WB as of late, but he is still Sonic the Hedgehog, and Sega's been perfectly content to throw him in things. If the game came out two years ago with the anniversary celebration I feel like he'd have a much larger shot. Ryu is Ryu. The guy's in everything, even Fortnite. He lacks any very specific ties to WB at the moment, but with how often he crosses over I don't think this is a big deal for Ryu specifically. WB is producing the Minecraft movie so Steve has the closest ties but if he's not in the movie at all, may be less appealing to the corporate overlords. Even with these three though, WB's library is still an untapped goldmine for characters that isn't drying up any time soon.

Want: 25%

A different take on Sonic would be neat to see, but the other two characters are pretty solidly realized in Smash as is. The characters I would be most interested to see reimagined are the ones that have 0 chance of making it in.

Noms: Half on Duncan Idaho, the rest on Milf Manor

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Abstain on Peppa Pig. Don't care.

It's time to Smash!!..err duel!!....or whatever

Chance: 27%

It's safe to say that first party Nintendo characters are a no-go. In general Nintendo is very protective of their IPs; Epic couldn't even get the rights to use Samus in Fortnite when they even got the rights to use Master Chief and Kratos. Combine that with the fact that MultiVersus isn't even on the Switch and it makes me doubt Nintendo would cooperate for the game.

Third parties, on the other hand, are an interesting case. There are multiple characters that could be appealing to Warner Bros. Let's take a look:
Snake - MGS is a famous franchise but with an uncertain future and with no connection of any kind to WB, it's probably out of their radar for the foreseeable future.
Sonic - A very marketable character these days and he did have a show air on CN not too long ago. I'd say he's one of the more likely ones but Paramount still has much stronger ties to the brand.
Mega Man - A well-known, albeit less popular franchise these days with its only connection to WB being a show from 20 years ago. I don't see it.
Pac-Man - One of the most iconic gaming characters of all time, but he doesn't have a ton of things going on these days and isn't the type of character that I see being a priority for WB.
Ryu - He probably has the best shot at making this concept a reality. Ryu has gone to many, many places and Capcom is very crossover-happy. Even though SF doesn't have any connections to WB to my knowledge, the franchise is relatively mainstream so I can see WB collaborating with Capcom for SF6.
Cloud or Sephiroth - Final Fantasy is pretty mainstream, although if WB wants to do cross-promotion with FF16, they might want the main character from that game instead.
Bayonetta - No WB connection and she's probably too niche for their tastes.
Simon/Richter - The Netflix series is pretty popular and WB distributes the home video releases so there is a decent connection there. But Castlevania as a whole hasn't been very active for a while so it's kind of a low-key pick for them.
Joker - Maybe? Persona 5 was a breakout success but as a whole the series is still niche in the West.
Hero - DQ is too niche in the West for WB to seriously consider, I'd wager.
Banjo - It'd take Smash-levels of demand for him to happen.
Terry - Most likely too niche in WB's eyes.
Steve - Another viable option. Minecraft is the biggest game in the world afterall, and WB is distributing the upcoming Minecraft film. But it really depends on if Steve is in the film; if not that would hurt his chances.
Kazuya - Possibly? I think Tekken is mainstream enough that I could vision WB wanting to do cross-promotion with Tekken 8. The problem, in addition to the ever-present loose connection to WB with many of these characters, is competition with Jin and Tekken's many other colorful options.
Sora - Likely a no-go. Primarily for the expensive licensing, plus Disney being a direct competitor to WB.

Looking at the list, I think the only realistic choices are Ryu, Steve, Sonic and maybe Kazuya and the FF reps. Still, that's enough characters to the point where I can see this concept coming to fruition some day.

Noms: Gundam x15

Day over.

Rate Sam-I-Am from Green Eggs and Ham, as well as Snow Miser from The Year Without a Santa Claus.

Here are some videos to get into the mood to harass someone ask the same question over and over again:

And here are some videos to get into the jolly snow conjuror mood:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on Snow Miser

Sam I Am

Chance- 20%
WB distributing Green Eggs and Ham on Netflix helps Sam's chances a bit. An issue for Sam is they have deal with Random House regarding copyrights and it might be harder to get him on the roster.

Want- 60%
It would be neat to see Sam in this game. Since I am pretty fond of Green Eggs and Ham regarding Dr Suess works along with Cat in the Hat.

Noms
Cyborg- x10

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
I Do Not Like That Sam I Am

Green Eggs And Ham is a book that needs no introduction. This is probably one of the most well known Seuss books alongside the likes of The Cat In The Hat or The Lorax. Recently, an animated TV series based on the book produced by WB was released on Netflix. It seems to have done well, earning two seasons and being well received, but there are no plans for anything further. There's nothing to cross promote, and outside some outliers, like WB holding the rights to the 1966 Grinch special, Seuss is more tied to Universal nowadays.

Want: 30%

I mean, I like the book, it's a certified classic, but my question is ultimately why?

Mr. White Christmas

Chance: 15%

The Year Without a Santa Claus is a much beloved Christmas special from the Rankin Bass catalog. Though completely made up for the special, Snow Miser (and his brother Heat Miser) remains popular and the special routinely airs around Christmas time to this day. What really helps Snow Miser's chances is the rights to the classic Rankin Bass catalog are split between Universal and Warner Bros. - the former owns all pre 1974 films and the latter owns the rest. Crucially, this means that holiday icons Rudolph and Frosty are off the table as well as the version of Santa Claus from Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. However, as recently as last year, the two parties came to an agreement to release a full Rankin Bass DVD collection, so it's not entirely impossible to get Rudolph if they so desired. Really, the low score comes down to two factors for me; would the developers want to include a character so tied to a specific season, and if they do, would they go for Mr. Snow? WB's entire catalog is at play and while for some, the Rankin Bass specials define the season like nothing else, other holiday legends like The Grinch or Miles Finch Buddy the Elf are available.

Want: 70%

I (like many others) grew up with Rudolph so the Rankin Bass style is very nostalgic to me. I've definitely caught The Year Without a Santa Claus on TV before, and all I can remember about it is the Miser Brothers song. I would absolutely not be opposed to Snow Miser getting in, but there are other Christmas characters that'd do more for me. Keep in mind, this legend is eligible:

Noms: All on Duncan Idaho

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
“I am Sam, Sam-I-Am!”
Sam-I-Am
His Theme: Watch Me Backflip
Alt Theme: Come With Me from Green Eggs & Ham: The Second Serving

60%: Green Eggs and Ham is a book made by Dr. Seuss, a story writer who is among many legends. The story is about a “guy” who meets sam, sam-i-am who offers him green eggs & ham(oh god, that rhymed), but the guy refused and throughout the story he tries to avoid sam from having him try green eggs and ham but after many times of failure he gives up and tastes sam’s dish to where he likes it by the end, leaving the moral of not making up your mind about something until you try it. The book is really well known being one of dr seuss’ recognizable stories alongside The Cat & The Hat and How The Grinch Stole Christmas.

With how popular and recognizable seuss’ books are that also got them on the line of being adapted into movies & shows that mostly didn’t get much good reaction by critics while other times are enjoyed by other people green eggs and ham didn’t receive one of these until 2019.

Netflix had premiered an animated tv show based on green eggs and ham with Warner Brothers and A Very Good Production making it, the show follows the same premise of the original book albeit with some additional stuff that flesh’s the story out in a new way. The unnamed character sam befriends is now called “Guy”, there are new characters that would fit in the deeper parts of the story, humor & endearing moments that makes the audience care for the characters, the episodes are named+based on the different parts of the book such as the train, the boat, the fox, the mouse, and the goat, and the animation is so well done that it makes it look like your watching a movie on theaters. The show did pretty good and was able to gain a 2nd season that brings in another book by dr. seuss “The Butter Battle Book” one of the few books i’ve remember watching in video back in high school.

Would Green Eggs and Ham be likely though? Well the potential concerns would be getting the rights to use the source’s likeness aswell as maybe asking a very good production permission to use the show, unless warner brothers are responsible on fully owning the cartoon adaption of the series but that might be too much of a blow over to think. There’s also the chance netflix might also need to be asked for the show to be used but given the series was made by warner brothers & not netflix(since it isn’t their original product) they might share the same piece of the pie.

Either way, Green Eggs and Ham: the series has shown to be a wonderful adaption of the original book that if ever gets into multiversus it might be a sight to see.

70%: Green Eggs and Ham is a pretty good show, the animation is amazing as I described before it feels as if your watching a animated movie in theaters & the humor can be pretty amusing with a good number of highlights for me such as the Metal Gear Rising reference done by the Narrator.

As for Sam in Multiversus? It would be kinda fun seeing him in the game, him being a fighter would make sense honestly.

Sam would have some clever tricks & wacky pulls to use and his green eggs & ham could make allies feel more energized in strength and speed while for enemies they might feel weakened from the idea of not wanting to try the dish in reference to guy not wanting refusing to eat green & hams at first, he’s also got good costume potential especially with Season 2, he can bring in a stage which could transition to different eras from the original story used in the show if not then they could still use the environment for some creative elements such as the platforms being picked up by robotic hands or a hatch opening up & bringing in an item used for the stage only, heck why not bring in a fake smash trick were if you stand on the platform when it opens you lose a life/point.

You could even use the narrator of the show as an announcer to hear his playful & sometimes humorous personality too, the possibilities besides sam are just endless if they use green eggs & ham(or any dr. seuss franchise) and typing all of this is making feel pretty invested even more into the idea of bringing in Sam I Am as well as the world of Green Eggs & Ham, even if my thoughts might be tough to point if i like it or not there’s no denying what fun can be made for character & his series for Multiversus.

Edit at 1/28/23 at 3:38 PM: Nominations have been added plus a few edits with Sam's Name & Music

Nominations
Annoying Orange
Uncle Grandpa
Osmosis Jones

I Do Not Like That Sam I Am

Green Eggs And Ham is a book that needs no introduction. This is probably one of the most well known Seuss books alongside the likes of The Cat In The Hat or The Lorax. Recently, an animated TV series based on the book produced by WB was released on Netflix. It seems to have done well, earning two seasons and being well received, but there are no plans for anything further. There's nothing to cross promote, and outside some outliers, like WB holding the rights to the 1966 Grinch special, Seuss is more tied to Universal nowadays.

Want: 30%

I mean, I like the book, it's a certified classic, but my question is ultimately why?

Mr. White Christmas

Chance: 15%

The Year Without a Santa Claus is a much beloved Christmas special from the Rankin Bass catalog. Though completely made up for the special, Snow Miser (and his brother Heat Miser) remains popular and the special routinely airs around Christmas time to this day. What really helps Snow Miser's chances is the rights to the classic Rankin Bass catalog are split between Universal and Warner Bros. - the former owns all pre 1974 films and the latter owns the rest. Crucially, this means that holiday icons Rudolph and Frosty are off the table as well as the version of Santa Claus from Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. However, as recently as last year, the two parties came to an agreement to release a full Rankin Bass DVD collection, so it's not entirely impossible to get Rudolph if they so desired. Really, the low score comes down to two factors for me; would the developers want to include a character so tied to a specific season, and if they do, would they go for Mr. Snow? WB's entire catalog is at play and while for some, the Rankin Bass specials define the season like nothing else, other holiday legends like The Grinch or Miles Finch Buddy the Elf are available.

Want: 70%

I (like many others) grew up with Rudolph so the Rankin Bass style is very nostalgic to me. I've definitely caught The Year Without a Santa Claus on TV before, and all I can remember about it is the Miser Brothers song. I would absolutely not be opposed to Snow Miser getting in, but there are other Christmas characters that'd do more for me. Keep in mind, this legend is eligible:

Noms: All on Duncan Idaho
1674882901299.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom