• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Flash: 99.99%
Like, has the Flash not been leaked or anything? This seems like such an obvious inclusion. His show is both long running and ongoing, he's getting a movie next year, and overall he's just a super iconic DC hero. There's only one thing I could imagine getting in the Flash's way and that's balancing worries (specifically avoiding a Smash Sonic situation where he's extremely campy and non-confrontational) which even then probably aren't as much of a concern for this game as it'd be for something more competitive like Rivals or NASB.

Half noms for Peppa Pig, one fourth for Grand Dad references, and another fourth for the Annoying Orange

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
“Jesus was Black, Ronald Regan was the Devil, and The Government is lying about 911. Thank you for your time, and good night”

Huey Freeman
His Theme: Main Title of The Boondocks
Alt Theme: End Credits

45%: The Boondocks is a show about two boys who live with their grand dad and is based on the comic strip series of the same name, the description seems to suggest that grand dad is the main protagonist which would make Huey & Riley the 2nd & 3rd main characters, but besides that it shows them getting into different situations that often ends up messy whether it be the kids embarrassing their grand dad while he’s impressing some folks, huey fighting Uncle Ruckus, riley getting into tows with a rapper, or the freemans meeting an insane man name Stinkmeanor
“What’s Good!? *****!?”

The boondocks has been among one of adult swim’s well known shows of all time having runned for 4 seasons and is still running on the network currently, the series was given a lot of positive reception, it won a peabody award, and made it on IGN’s Top 100 Animated Series + Top 25 Animated Adult Series.

As for Huey’s chances in the game, it could be a sticky situation. The boondocks despite its popularity does have some controversy with some episodes being infamous for some of the stuff they portray or use.

Even if boondocks manages to get in, they’ll likely restrict any character they put to not say the “N” word even if the mature setting is on, the best case scenario would be either bleeping the word or not using it at all,

the series is also owned by sony which might mean the boondocks isn’t an adult swim original(especially when you consider the comic strip) so they would need to get permission first.

Though if any of these hurdles were to get passed by and maybe even accepted then huey would probably get a good score.

60%: The Boondocks is a show i don’t mind a little, i may not have watch all the episodes but there are some i did & didn’t have much trouble at all. Huey being in Multiversus to me would be experiencing his appearance in Mugen(seriously, huey’s in mugen) for the first time, if it were to happen then i’d be good playing around with him and getting to know the character a little more.

Edit on 11/22/22 at 7:40 PM: I removed one of the arguments on Huey's score because after getting noticed, i realized it would cause some people to take it seriously but most importantly it made me feel guilty for even mentioning it on here, for anyone who feels offended about my opinion i wish to say sorry.

Hopefully, things can be better from now on.

Simon the Digger
Evangelion
Sesame Street
Space Ghost

Edit at 11/25/22 at 8:57 AM: Likewise with this post i'm changing my vote on Space Ghost to Aqua Teen

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
There’s also the possibility of the BlackLivesMatter movement getting involve into this game to tell Warner Brothers to keep the boondocks out of it due to its nature(But the movement can be stupid honestly) unless some of them speak out to give the show an okay.
Keep comments like that to yourself. It's unnecessary and can provoke an argument.

Also, the ending of this sentence....

60%: I wouldn't mind marceline in the game, she's a pretty good character(outside of her role with PB)
....is yikes. You know how this comes across to other people, right? I would think twice before posting something like that. Because it's not ok.

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
Gotta Go Fast

Chance: 99%
It'd be pretty surprising to me if Flash doesn't get in. He's one of the main members of the Justice League, he's instantly recognizable, he has no shortage of moveset potential, he's got it all. Even from the cynical point of view, his odds are extremely good sense there's the upcoming film. The Flash feels like one of those "when" not "if" characters to me. I doubt there will be a time the team starts being picky with DC characters given their popularity and the vast amount of options, but even if they did, come on, it's The Flash. He'll be fine.

Want: 50%
I find it pretty hard to get excited about DC characters given that they have their own fighting game and I'm not big into comics or the animated universe. On the same token, it's The Flash. There's a lot you can do with his powers. Of the big DC characters not in yet, Green Lantern is probably the one I'd be most excited for but even if I'm burnt out on superheroes, I can't really say no to Flash.

Huey, Dewey, and News

Chance: 20%
The Boondocks is in a bit of a weird place right now. The series did broadcast on Adult Swim, but it's distributed by Sony which may complicate licensing. While it has remained popular and a reboot for HBO Max was planned, this was announced to have been scrapped earlier this year, and something tells me current management would not be very interested in reviving the property either. I feel like Huey would need some kind of large push to happen at all just based on the current priorities of WB management. It's not like The Boondocks is obscure, even if I haven't seen it myself, I've heard of it, but with Multiversus mostly focusing on very contemporary and marketable properties, I think it'd be an uphill battle. Given both The Boondocks and Breaking Bad are Sony properties, maybe Walt can help out here?

Want: 70%
While I haven't seen this show, I do respect that it exists and the anime-esque art style is very appealing. It's something I'd definitely like to check out given that the issues it touches on remain relevant to this day. I'm also just not sure what Huey would do as a fighter, but as long as he doesn't end up looking terrifying when translated into 3D, it's not something I'd be against.

Noms: Half on Concept: Content from On Cinema, half on Kangaroo Jack

John Gotti
Chance: 0.25%
Want: 22%

John Gotti is now the least likely character.
SMASHBOARDS PUT OUT THE HIT

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Keep comments like that to yourself. It's unnecessary and can provoke an argument.

Also, the ending of this sentence....

....is yikes. You know how this comes across to other people, right? I would think twice before posting something like that. Because it's not ok.
okay, since you asked.

but what about the last sentence?

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: The Conjuring Universe rep
Chance: 50.83%
Want: 80.83%

Marceline
Chance: 50.5%
Want: 48.5%

Wow.

I gotta say this is probably the most divisive day we've had in a while. With the exception of Conjuring's want score, everything else got a wide range of scores. For The Conjuring, people pointed out that despite the series' popularity, it has major competition with horror icons like Freddy and Pennywise. For Marceline she is a beloved character, to the point where even the people who gave her a low score like her. The major hangup with her is that people believe we should get characters from more Cartoon Network shows first. Down the road when we get more requested CN characters, I expect Marceline's want and overall demand to skyrocket. For her chance score, it seemed to stem from inter-series competition and doubts in regards to the series getting triple dipped.

Noms List

75+

50-74
Edward Malus x68
Tales From The Crypt content x55
Jaune Arc x54
Youngblood Priest (Super Fly) x50

25-49
Wile E. Coyote x47
Evangelion character x44
Aqua Teen Hunger Force character x43
Simon the Digger x43
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x40
Craig Williams x40
Sesame Street content x38
Concept: A 7 grand dad reference within Flintstone content x36
Mothra x35
Gilligan x35
Space Ghost x33
Homelander x30
Concept: On Cinema content x30
Krypto the Superdog x25
Concept: Any Roster Overlap With Smash x25
Aquaman x25

1-24
Shang Tsung x20
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Annoying Orange x20
Bloodsport x20
Ratcatcher II x20
Polka Dot Man x20
King Shark x20
Rick Flag x20
Regular Show characters x18
Venture Brothers rep x17
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Matt Cordell x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x10
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x10
Yogi Bear x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Omar Little x10
Peppa Pig x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Riverdale rep x10
Snow Miser x7
Penelope Pitstop x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Boom goes the docks

The Boondocks is an Adult Swim show that lasted for close to a decade with 4 seasons to its name. Despite some controversy surrounding certain episodes, the show nonetheless received critical acclaim and was praised for its charm and satirical humor. So, how likely is it for Huey to get into the game? Well correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like Warner Bros doesn't fully own the rights to the franchise. For one, the show is based on Aaron McGruder's comic strip of the same name, so there is likely some legal barriers there. On top of that, Sony seemingly has the rights to the show as they are labeled as the distributor and one of their companies, Adelaide Productions, is credited as one of the production teams.

Another factor to consider is that there was going to be a film spin-off and a reboot series, both of which have been canned. Even though having an upcoming product for the company to promote is not the only important factor, it would have helped out a lot. Afterall, HBO Max was scheduled to to pick up the reboot and that synergy with Sony would have pushed Huey into the "very likely" camp. But all we have left is a decently popular series that would require licensing. While I could see it happening down the road, this is the type of show that I think would require a wave of demand to be seriously considered.

Want: 60%

This is one of several Adult Swim shows that I stumbled upon when I was a bored little kid who stayed up too late watching TV. I don't remember a lot from the show and I was way too young to understand the humor (we are talking roughly 8 years old here). On the positive side, it was one of the Adult Swim shows that was easier for me to watch. The art style looks really good and there were some bat**** crazy moments to keep me entertained. Seeing those clips as an adult puts the show in a better perspective and honestly it's something that I might be able to get into if I gave it another shot. Out of Adult Swim's catalog, this is one show that I'd be happy with.

Gotta go fast!!

Chance: 95%

This is another one of those "assuming the game doesn't crash and burn, this feels inevitable" type situations. Eventually I do think we'll get all the members of the Justice League. They are super iconic and evergreen characters, with The Flash having a successful TV show at the moment and a movie coming up. And oh yeah, just in case anybody thinks this matters, I don't think the drama with Ezra Miller will impact The Flash's chances. Especially since the MultiVersus team is designing the DC characters after their comic book counterparts. I don't see a reason why The Flash wouldn't happen.

Want: 90%

Eventually I would like to see all the members of the Justice League make it in, provided they are spaced out. It's true that these characters have been in plenty of fighting games before so their inclusion wouldn't be super exciting. But they offer so much moveset potential and MultiVersus at its core is quite different than say, Injustice, so I would like to see how the devs make them unique compared to their other fighting game appearances. But anywho this is The Flash's rating. In a nutshell, I like his design, speedy characters tend to be fun in my experience and he feels required for a Warner Bros crossover. No complaints here.

Noms:
Tales From The Crypt x10
Mothra x5
one nom toward each Suicide Squad member

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'm posting Flash's Rating here, i'm currently going through some thinking from the huey ranking but i don't want the flash to ruin my first post after explaining my edit.

“This is the source of my power, and here I.Am.King!”
The Flash
His Theme: I Have To Try from The Flash
Alt Theme: H**l of a Messenger from The Flashpoint Paradox

89%: The Flash is one of DC’s recognizable heroes who has the ability to run really, Really, Fast, so fast that he has a power called the speed force that lets him break the limits on how far he goes & many others.

The main flash is Barry Allen who got his powers from a freak accident in a lab that involved lightning knocking him down into a shelf of chemicals that could’ve killed him but instead gave him the power to go fast.

The flash has appeared in many media, he’s one of the main members of the justice league which had him in cartoons such as The SuperFriends and Justice League, been in video games including Injustice and The LEGO Games, and for live action he has his own tv show which spanned 8 seasons(and an upcoming final one) and appeared in the live action Justice League film alongside an upcoming movie of his own(not gonna get into the business with his actor).

Based on this flash has grown in popularity and warner brothers does see him as an important character to DC’s brand, so he’d be a no brainer if he were to get in Multiversus.

Although based on the datamines he isn’t in the list of potential upcoming fighters and the whatever’s in there are mostly characters from batman & milestone’s static shock, but that doesn’t mean flash’s chances are low, his popularity still shows how important he is for DC and given how much warner wants to release his movie flash is likely being saved to promote it.

He’s also likely to get in much sooner if fans are pushing for him long enough too.

90%: While i never really looked at his books or seen him in every media, the first time i got to know the flash was in The LEGO Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom where i think he and green lantern fight each other in a race to see who can do better than who, Later i saw him again(as Wally West) in The Justice League TV Show and i love the version of him, he’s pretty funny while also serious at the same time, i haven’t seen Unlimited yet but i know he’s got a big moment in there too, i also rooted for him in his fight against Archie Sonic in Death Battle.

The Flash would be a speedster character if he ever gets in, i imagine he would use some of his different abilities & techniques such as the Mass Punch and i would like to see other versions of the flash be swappable costumes such as Barry Allen as the default flash, Wally West with the hair, Jay Sherman, and even Reverse Flash.

Nominations(Still the Same)
Simon, Evas, Sesame Street, and Space Ghost

Edit at 11/25/22 at 8:42 AM: I'm changing my vote for Space Ghost for Aqua Teen Hunger Force(Yup, i'm giving it a 2nd vote).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chance- 98%
The Flash feels like a when rather than a if. The Flash is one of DC's biggest heroes. He had a popular TV show that ran for 8 seasons and was the center of a massive connected TV universe. He's featured in many games, cartoons and animated films, and most of all he's getting a big film next year that is seemingly inteded to set up the new status quo for the DCEU. If this game goes on long enough then the Flash feels very likely. I think we could see him next year when the film drops, as we saw with Black Adam. I could see similar cases possibly happening with the likes of Shazam, Aquaman and Blue Beetle. They have been doing the DC characters in kind of a weird order, as we have some evidence Poison Ivy may be coming, alongside Static Shock, Joker and Raven. But I think Barry will happen eventually. Figuring out how a speedster will work in a smash like would be interesting.

Want - 80%
The Flash is cool. One of my favorite DC heroes. I've allwayd been a fan of fast characters. I could see myself using him a lot if we got in.

Chance - 15%
The Boondocks is a popular adult animated seires that ran in adult swim in the early 2000s, based on the comic strip of the same name by by Aaron McGruder. The series ran till 2014 and was famed for it's dark, often offensive humor and heavy political satire. A reboot was planned for HBO Max, but was quietly canned this year. The big thing sort of Boondocks representation has going against it is potential ownership issues. While being heavily associated with WB and airing on CN, the series is actually owned by Sony. Huey also faces competition from his brother Riley. Huey is the main character, but Riley is the fighter and is just as, if not more popular. Boondocks does have a WB legacy, but potential issues with ownership and with potential content concerns make me think this may not happen.

Want - 25%
I watched some of this show when I was a teenager. But I remember thinking it was pretty funny. I'd be super down to see what they could do with a moveset for Huey or Riley.

Noms to Omar Little, the Anoying Orange and Homelander.

OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos Concept: Venture Brothers rep is already being nominated. Do you mind if I put your noms toward it?
Honestly id be okay with changing my votes for that to votes for Brock, if that would be at all possible. (I understand if not)

Last edited by a moderator:

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Concept: The Conjuring Universe rep
Chance: 50.83%
Want: 80.83%

Marceline
Chance: 50.5%
Want: 48.5%

Wow.

I gotta say this is probably the most divisive day we've had in a while. With the exception of Conjuring's want score, everything else got a wide range of scores. For The Conjuring, people pointed out that despite the series' popularity, it has major competition with horror icons like Freddy and Pennywise. For Marceline she is a beloved character, to the point where even the people who gave her a low score like her. The major hangup with her is that people believe we should get characters from more Cartoon Network shows first. Down the road when we get more requested CN characters, I expect Marceline's want and overall demand to skyrocket. For her chance score, it seemed to stem from inter-series competition and doubts in regards to the series getting triple dipped.

Noms List

75+

50-74
Edward Malus x68
Tales From The Crypt content x55
Jaune Arc x54

25-49
Wile E. Coyote x47
Evangelion character x44
Aqua Teen Hunger Force character x43
Simon the Digger x43
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x40
Craig Williams x40
Sesame Street content x38
Concept: A 7 grand dad reference within Flintstone content x36
Mothra x35
Gilligan x35
Space Ghost x33
Homelander x30
Concept: On Cinema content x30
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25

1-24
Shang Tsung x20
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Annoying Orange x20
Bloodsport x20
Ratcatcher II x20
Polka Dot Man x20
King Shark x20
Rick Flag x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Matt Cordell x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Omar Little x10
Peppa Pig x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Riverdale rep x10
Snow Miser x7
Penelope Pitstop x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Honestly id be okay with changing my votes for that to votes for Brock, if that would be at all possible. (I understand if not)
Typically I prefer for noms to not change after the day has ended. Especially since in this case, OrpheusTelos was fine with their noms being converted to the concept.

Day over.

Rate Edward Malus from The Wicker Man, as well as Concept: Tales From The Crypt content.

Important Notice: Since this was an issue last time, I feel the need to clarify that whenever we rate Concept: _____ content, we are rating the possibility that the series will get any kind of representation, not just a fighter. Content also means announcer voices, stages, cosmetics such as banners, etc. Please keep that in mind when you are coming up with your scores.

Now here are some videos to get into the wicker mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to learn a chilling lesson from the crypt keeper:

Noms List - Before Lockdown

75+

50-74
Edward Malus x68
Tales From The Crypt content x65
Jaune Arc x64

25-49
Evangelion character x49
Simon The Digger x48
Aqua Teen Hunger Force character x48
Wile E. Coyote x47
Sesame Street content x43
Spy (Spy vs Spy) x40
Craig Williams x40
Mothra x40
Concept: A 7 grand dad reference within Flintstone content x39
Concept: On Cinema content x38
Homelander x36
Gilligan x35
Space Ghost x33
Annoying Orange x29
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25

1-24
Bloodsport x21
Ratcatcher II x21
Polka Dot Man x21
King Shark x21
Rick Flag x21
Shang Tsung x20
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Omar Little x17
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Matt Cordell x15
Peppa Pig x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Riverdale rep x10
Snow Miser x7
Penelope Pitstop x7
Kangaroo Jack x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID.
Day 107 - Edward Malus (The Wicker Man) and Concept: Tales From The Crypt content
Day 108 - Jaune Arc (RWBY) and Youngblood Priest (Super Fly)
Day 109 - Concept: Evangelion character and Simon The Digger (Gurren Lagann)
Day 110 - Concept: Aqua Teen Hunger Force character and Wile E. Coyote (Looney Tunes)
Day 111 - Concept: Sesame Street content and Spy (Spy vs Spy)
Day 112 - Craig Williams (Craig of The Creek) and Mothra

Day 113 - Concept: A 7 grand dad reference within Flintstone content and Concept: On Cinema content

Noms List - After Lockdown

75+

25-49
Homelander x36
Gilligan x35
Space Ghost x33
Annoying Orange x29
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25

1-24
Bloodsport x21
Ratcatcher II x21
Polka Dot Man x21
King Shark x21
Rick Flag x21
Shang Tsung x20
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Omar Little x17
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Matt Cordell x15
Peppa Pig x15
Sam I Am x13
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Riverdale rep x10
Snow Miser x7
Penelope Pitstop x7
Kangaroo Jack x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Averages for Huey and The Flash coming in a couple days.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Abstaining on Tales of the Crypt because I'm not super familiar with it, but it always seemed pretty cool.

funny nicolas cage bee man

Chance: 5%

Look, unless someone on the Multiversus dev team is really into the 2006 Wicker Man movie (or at the very least, the memes surrounding it), I don't see a timeline where Edward Malus as depicted by Nicolas Cage is getting into the game's roster. I've heard from a few trustworthy friends that the original 1973 Wicker Man is a genuinely great horror movie, but that's not the one Warner had their hands in. That honor would go to the bat**** insane 2006 film where Nicolas Cage dresses up in a bear costume and punches a woman, among other things. It's telling that this film's legacy has less to do with it being a well put together film and moreso being the go-to example of just how bonkers Nicolas Cage's performances can get. You could argue that the film's memetic legacy gives it a slight edge over other less memorable WB flops, but Wicker Man memes haven't been prevalent in the cultural zeitgeist since the early 2010s, and there hasn't been any sort of modern resurgence of Wicker Man ****posts that I'm aware of.

Want: 100%

So I had no idea Wicker Man was even eligible for this game until relatively recently. Much like the Iconic Lion, this was another candidate that came about through a Discord conversation with friends, where we discovered that Warner Bros. distributed the 2006 Wicker Man film. When I realized that one of Nic Cage's most infamous roles was eligible for this game, you better believe he shot up high on my most wanted list. Even if the film has been meme'd to death for over a decade, I still find Cage's over-the-top performance as Edward Malus hilarious and delightfully hammy. There's so many iconic Cage moments from this film that will be ingrained in my brain until the day I die, whether it be the infamous bee scene or the aforementioned bear incident. And it's those iconic Cage Moments that give Malus so much moveset potential to work with. He could hold Steven Universe at gun point and steal his bike. He could just rip Batman's mask off. He could trap his opponent in the bee hive. He could have the bear costume as an alternate skin if it's not already a part of his moveset. And if they're somehow able to bring Cage back to reprise his role, you have a goldmine of hilarious character interactions. Sorry if I keep rating the "lol it'd be funny if it happened" picks so high, but talking about the insane **** is like, 99% of the appeal of Multiversus speculation for me.

Half noms on Riverdale rep, half on Ponyboy Curtis (The Outsiders)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Beware of your worst nightmare: Bees!!

If the original Wicker Man was connected to Warner Bros then you could have made a decent argument for this. But instead WB distributed the hilariously bad remake which is solely known these days for Nicolas Cage and his memetic dialogue. I know the devs love their memes, but that alone isn't going to be enough to get Edward in. His chances are helped out a bit by the original film's legacy, but again WB isn't involved with that one and thus I don't think they care about it, especially since 1. Their version isn't on HBO Max and 2. Whether you look at the film at face-value as horror/mystery or through the meme-lense as a comedy, there is competition in both regards.

If we were just talking about the original Wicker Man this would be higher as its a classic. But because this rating also includes the remake, I'm hesitant on giving it a higher score. I like Nicolas Cage and I enjoy the memes, but the MultiVersus devs would certainly lean into those memes and I don't like the idea of the remake being favored and thus overshadowing the spirit of the original film.

The best creepy corpse who ever lived.

Tales From The Crypt started out as an EC Comics series that ran from 1950 to 1955. It was later adapted as a movie in 1972 then as a TV show on HBO from 1989 to 1996. Tales From The Crypt is an anthology series, with each comic and episode having different characters and stories. The stories contain elements of horror and suspense and feature killers, people going insane, superstitions, and a myriad of surprises. The endings often display a twisted sense of humor, which gives Tales From The Crypt a unique personality. The TV show was hosted by the Crypt-Keeper, a witty, living corpse who serves as the mascot of the series.

Tales From The Crypt was a hit. The original comics were popular, but unfortunately cut short due to parents complaining that it was leading to juvenile delinquency (keep in mind this was the 50's). But when the IP hit HBO, it took off. The show lasted for 7 seasons and spawned some movies, spin-off shows and a radio series. The series also had appearances from loads of stars such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Brad Pitt, Brad Dourif, Lance Henriksen, Daniel Craig, R. Lee Ermey, and Tom Hanks, just to name a few. Finally, the show won multiple awards and was nominated for a bunch others.

So, what's the best way to represent this classic franchise? Well it would certainly be with the Crypt-Keeper. Due to the nature of this being an anthology series, I imagine it would be difficult to choose from one of the many one-off characters. But the Crypt-Keeper is the one constant and overall makes the most sense. He is iconic and has a ton of personality. The one issue is that he's not the most suitable to be a fighter. Not that it can't happen, there's a good amount of material from his intro and outro segments to cobble together for a moveset. But he would work best as an announcer, like, by a landslide. His voice and pun-filled dialogue would be perfect for MultiVersus. Or heck, he could appear in a banner or something and that would work too.

However, it's likely that the Crypt-Keeper would have to come as a fighter either way. Why do I say that? Because Warner Bros only owns the distribution rights of the TV show. Again, the franchise originated from EC Comics so there is certainly some legal roadblocks in the way. I can confirm this as the Wikipedia page mentions that A. The show is not available on HBO Max and B. There was a reboot planned, but cancelled. The causes of these were stated to be due to rights issues. Now it's unclear how difficult these rights issues are, like if they are just problems with distributing or whatever. But the point is, if they are going to retrieve the Crypt-Keeper they very well may just go the extra mile and make him playable while they are at it. And yes, even though the Crypt-Keeper has a new design for the TV series, he still shares the same name with the Crypt-Keeper in the comics so I don't think he's protected from copyright either.

Overall, the licensing issues bogs down this score by a good margin. But if there is an uptick in demand, it could happen.

Tales From The Crypt is rad. Granted I haven't seen a large portion of the show yet, but I'm really enjoying it. The show has that comfy 90's vibe and has some memorable episodes such as the killer santa episode. I love the opening, the guest appearances and the freaky and imaginative premises. And of course, you cannot forget about the Crypt-Keeper! This 100 largely stems from him, because I soo badly want him to be an announcer voice. How cool would that be? John Kassir did an incredible job bringing the character to life and his voice would add so much personality to MultiVersus.

Noms: Matt Cordell xMax

Last edited:

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
Abstaining from Tales of the Crypt because I am not familiar with the show itself beyond it exists, but I think a Crypt Keeper announcer pack at least would be amazing. It seems like there are a lot of issues in the way, but if they could clear the rights, that'd be killer.

The Titular Wicker Man

Holy **** yes please. I'm going to go backwards today because it flows better. As Orpheus mentioned, Wicker Man (2006) is a remake of a classic 1973 film of the same name. The original is extremely highly regarded by both critics and audiences. The remake...isn't. Much like with Gotti (2018) lots of confusing decisions resulted in a film more comedy than horror, and YouTube Movies even has it tagged as...romance?

Much of what makes the film so hilarious comes down to Nicolas Cage's performance as Edward Malus. He's nuts in this. Many of the highly memed Cage scenes come from this film in particular, with the legendary HOW'D IT GET BURNED, bear suit scene, and torture scene as standouts. Interestingly, NOT THE BEES (arguably the most famous scene from the film) does not even appear in the original version of the film. I guess this is where the directors drew the line at silliness, as this scene features only in the uncut version released on DVD.

Really, adding Edward Malus is basically just a way to sneak Nicolas Cage himself in as a fighter. Up there with the likes of Face/Off, Wicker Man is one of the top films for iconic Nicolas Cage moments. Unfortunately, the Composite Cage from Massive Talent isn't eligible, but come on, if the alternative is his performance in Wicker Man, it's a fair trade. Regardless...

Chance: 3%

This is a poorly regarded film that's been all but forgotten by its parent company and is known entirely through vintage memes. Unless the developers have the same thought process I do and just want to add Nicolas Cage as a fighter, there is absolutely no way this is happening. That being said, Cage is still popular enough in the year 2022 to star in a film where he plays himself, so WB corporate could probably be sold on the idea, and Cage has even jokingly suggested reprising his role as Malus in a crossover with The Ring, so they might be able to get him on board. The only way I think they'd get the go ahead is if the man himself was involved.

Noms: All on Kangaroo Jack

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Quick question about one of the nominees, how are the other members of the suicide squad gonna be set as?

are they gonna take up half the next batch? or will they put into one group?(i'm personally thinking they should be in a group to not take space away.)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Quick question about one of the nominees, how are the other members of the suicide squad gonna be set as?

are they gonna take up half the next batch? or will they put into one group?(i'm personally thinking they should be in a group to not take space away.)
I've been thinking about this and yeah, I agree. I'll put the 5 Suicide Squad members all on the same day. The only thing is I will do noms a little differently that day since giving out 50 noms is a bit excessive.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I've been thinking about this and yeah, I agree. I'll put the 5 Suicide Squad members all on the same day. The only thing is I will do noms a little differently that day since giving out 50 noms is a bit excessive.
i can understand

Edit at 11/30/22 at 11:42 AM: It's been a while since someone posted but might as well get mine out of the way before the end of the day.

“OH NO, NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAHHHHH! OH, THEY’RE IN MY EYES!”
Edward Malus
His Theme: Appointment with the Wicker Man The Wicker Man
Alt Theme: Sunset from The Wicker Man

10%: The Wicker Man is a horror film that was released back in 1973, the film was pretty popular over eastern areas and the ending is one of the most well known scenes of the movie even earning a spot on Bravo’s 100 Scariest Moments plus an appearance in the 2012 Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony.

However this the 2006 remake of the film that we’re covering here and the one that’s associated with Warner Brothers, this version’s main character was Edward Malus, who’s a police cop arrives at a strange island after receiving a letter from his ex-fiancée about her daughter’s disappearance, the remake plays itself out like the original albeit with performances from the protagonist that makes the film more funny then scary.

Warner Brothers distributed the film which gives it an easy connection for multiverse, however due to its failure at the box office and pandering from critics it’s regarded as one of the worst remakes ever even receiving two awards for worse film, the one thing that holds some water for it’s chances is the beehive scene from the uncut version receiving meme status back in the early 2010’s showing people’s care for a bit of the film, but as Orpheus argued it hasn’t been relevant in a long time since then.

While the film’s chances are low, if there were to be a chance for the film to get recognized in Multiversus people could push for Edward to be a fighter in order to get the team to notice him and IF warner brothers approves of him(ignoring Zaslav) then the film would have recognition for something bad put into something good, while it is unlikely it’s a nice scenario.

12%: I have never heard of the wicker man til now in fact i’ve only known it for the references before such as Madagascar and The Spongebob Episode “Gone” were both have referenced the tall stick made statue they burn the police alive inside of it, i don’t remember what else(maybe the bees meme) but besides that, since then i had never seen much reference to the film in years until now.

When we started edward here, i saw & watched a review from an old youtuber i haven't watched in a long time “The Nostalgia Critic” were he reviewed the 2006 remake of the wicker man and was getting stalked by one of his friends tamara, who only wanted him to talk about the bees scene then proceeded to have his other friend malcolm(who likes it too) to hit him with a bat and poor the films memes on him with a pot, my god.

While i haven’t seen the movie besides the nostalgia critic review i now think the ending to the story(mostly the original but the remake also) is the most disturbing one in the context of fear i don’t wish to experience a scenario like that, as for Multiversus, after seeing & hearing what edward could do, he might a pretty interesting character to play as, while he’s only equipped with a gun you can be creative with the material from his movie to make a pretty funny fighter similar to Frank West and honestly i’m in support of this idea.

“Hello Boils and Ghouls!”
Tales from the Crypt
Series Theme: Tales From The Crypt

19%: Tales from the Crypt is a horror thriller anthology series that is based on the comic series of the same name, the show features the cryptkeeper, a living undead creature who hosts the show telling ghoulist puns & gallow humor while the show presents different tales starring numerous well-known stars such as Tom Hanks, John Frankenheimer, Malcolm McDowell, and Christopher Reeve.

The show received a lot of nominations and won a couple of awards, spunned a movie that continued with a 2nd and(technically) a third one, a comic book series called “Tales from the Cryptkeeper”, a Kids game show on CBS called “Secret of the Cryptkeeper’s Haunted House”, and a radio show that ran for 8 episodes(originally 13), showing it’s immense popularity.

The series aired originally on HBO giving it a reason of connection to WB to appear in Multiversus, but not everything is as easy to achieve, Tales from the Crypt was made by EC Comics(Entertaining Comics) who made the original comic book and they are the ones who holds the rights, as explained by Danganzilla, there was suppose to be a reboot to the show but was canned due to issues with the rights(there was another one that acted like a continuation that never found a home on a network) meaning the rights might be difficult to get and it’s unknown what the issue is that’s keeping the tales from the crypt & the cryptkeeper from getting in.

Does the cryptkeeper still have a chance? Probably, dangan did say warner brothers owns the distribution rights which might not be enough but if somehow works out for cryptkeepers chances then it would be miracle, besides i'm a nice guy so i'm giving the score for this a high score.

10%: I haven’t seen Tales from the Crypt besides my brother who watched a review of it, i know that the final episode was animated which was something different for the main show and i have seen some references in other stuff such as Chowder and MAD, Aswell as Robot Chicken and Tiny Toon Adventures, the cryptkeeper himself also had a quick cameo in Caspar the Friendly Ghost’s live-action movie.

I agree with the idea of the crypt-keeper being an announcer; he'd come up with some ghoulish phrases to ramp up the rounds and warn players about the countdown like midnight’s striking 12.

Nominations
Regular Show(10 Points)
Sam I Am(10 Points)

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I know the day has been going on longer than usual but I was hoping for there to be a few more ratings. Either way, the day will end tomorrow in the afternoon.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Huey Freeman
Chance: 22%
Want: 55%

The Flash
Chance: 95.17%
Want: 63%

The Flash is now our third most likely character, tripping Sub-Zero out of the top 10.

Day over.

Rate Jaune Arc from RWBY, as well as Youngblood Priest from Super Fly.

Some videos to get into the sword and shield mood:

And here are some videos to get into the super fly mood:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Abstaining on Jaune Arc because I’m not a RWBY fan at all. Might do Youngblood Priest later. Haven’t seen the original Superfly but I know it’s an incredibly influential film with a lot of history behind it and I really wanna do some research and maybe watch the film proper so I can do a more informed write-up. Just wanna get my noms in just in case I don’t get around to it.

All noms on Riverdale Rep

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on Youngblood

Jaune

Chance- 45%
I could see him happening if they want more than Team Rwby in the roster. But I have a feeling they might pick Neo over him similar to BBTag.

Want- 60%
I wouldn't mind him being in at all. He seems kind of interesting when it comes to Rwby characters.

Noms
Totally Spies rep- x10

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Joan of Arc

Chance: 55%

Jaune is the team leader of Team JNPR, the second most important team after the titular Team RWBY and later joins them on their adventures with some of his teammates. Jaune is basically the male lead of the show and he has a fair few episodes focusing on him. He's decently popular within the fanbase too but I can see him, and the rest of JNPR, getting overlooked in favour of characters that aren't inherently a package deal like Neo or Qrow which has happened before in Neo's favour.

Want: 75%

He's a good lad and I think he'd make for a decent bulky support character. He's kinda plain but he'd have fun interactions, I just prefer a fair few others to him.

Noms:
All on Shang Tsung

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ah damn, I missed a couple of good days. I would've rated the **** out of Malus. Hope he gets in, actually. We could all use more Cage Rage in our lives. But, on with today's programming!

Youngblood Priest

Super Fly is an iconic blaxploitation crime flick from 1972, which spawned a franchise that included two sequels, along with a 2018 remake. The original movie deals with the tale of Youngblood Priest, a cocaine dealer from Harlem who tries to get out of the game and retire after... say it with me! One Last Job.

What follows is a whirlwind of crime, drugs, sex, karate, you name it. It's a pretty kickass movie, highly rewatchable and very recommendable if you enjoy the genre. And that's the key aspect here: the genre. Coming out just one year after the seminal Shaft (the director of which produced Super Fly, and whose son directed it) and Sweet Sweetback’s Baadassssss Song (I wonder how SB's profanity check will register that), Super Fly is often credited with kickstarting the genre of blaxploitation as it would come to be defined: strong Black leads (usually, but not always male); a gritty and unapologetic depiction of the life of crime; empowering messages and plots about sticking it to the police, crime lords, or authority in general ("The Man"); martial arts; sex; et al. These movies were usually produced on incredibly low budgets and, as they tapped into a market that Hollywood wasn't serving, could make incredible profits. Hence the name "blaxploitation".

However, what made these movies so appealing to many, also made them quite unpopular with others. And this isn't even an issue of white people having a problem with a movie that clearly wasn't made for them; African-American organizations heavily criticized these movies for furthering what they saw as negative stereotypes and perpetuating the connection between them and crime in the eyes of society. Super Fly got the brunt of the criticism, as unlike Shaft (a P.I. who fights mafiosi and even has a tenuous alliance with the police) and Sweet (a sex worker framed for a crime he didn't commit), Youngblood was unapologetically a drug dealer.

Still, I would argue the movie doesn't glorify these aspects anymore than a Scorsese movie glorifies them. Just because something looks very cool doesn't mean the movie endorses it – it just means it doesn't want you to tune out. Super Fly is pretty explicit with the statement that crime is the only option left for these characters, and the entire conflict is their struggle to try to leave the life. If anyone took this movie as inspiration to go and become a drug dealer, well, I don't really hold it against Youngblood's chances. We all expect Neo to get in eventually, and I hope I don't need to explain the extent with which the Matrix is tied to real-world violence.

What does kinda ruin Youngblood's odds, though, is that WB doesn't own Super Fly. As proven by the fact that every movie in the franchise was distributed by a different studio. Like many indie productions of the era (see also: Evil Dead) the rights lie with the producers, who established an ad hoc company (Superfly Ltd.) to produce it and the sequels. I'm not sure who the rights lie with, since both original producers are dead. When producer Sig Shore died, he was in negotiations with WB to produce a remake. Said remake ended up being made, albeit over 10 years later and at Sony, but it's worth pointing out that Joel Silver (an incredibly famous and prolific producer who usually works at WB) was involved. Maybe he nabbed the rights? Idk. 'Tis mystery. But that + needing to pay for likeness + the fact that WB does own the IP for Shaft, a character who's more iconic, influential, successful, and uncontroversial, doesn't make the odds look great.

Super Fly was a very good movie. I just found out about the followups, which I will make sure to check out. Youngblood is a total badass who I don't doubt would feel right at home in a fighting game. And you can't discount the historical aspect and advances this movie pushed: at the time of its making, Super Fly had the largest non-white crew for any movie ever! Like most indie movies of the time, it was financed by many different parties, so it split the massive profits between the cast, crew, and even a bunch of Harlem businesses that backed the movie! This is cool stuff. So you have a character that would be... dare I say, super fly? And would maybe push people to try out a genre they're not familiar with (and that frankly doesn't get enough respect), or learn about an interesting aspect of movie history. I see this as an absolute win.

Abstain on RWBY. I can do this because I no longer need noms desperately.

Noms go to the Suicide Squad 5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Joan of Arc

Chance: 7%

I'm confident that we will get Team RWBY, but beyond that I'm not sure. RWBY has a decent-sized fanbase and it's arguably Rooster Teeth's biggest series. But in the grand scheme of things its still relatively niche. I'm not expecting a series of this stature to get DC-levels of representation or anything like that. When it comes to characters outside of Team RWBY there are plenty of options. Team JNPR makes sense as the next step, but Jaune is one of the lesser popular characters of the group so I''d expect someone else like Pyrrha or Nora. Some people analyzed Volume 9's trailer and have theorized that there is a possibility that Jaune will gain a bigger role in the next volume, but that's just speculation. At this point in time, Jaune is way outmatched by inter-series competition and we could easily end up with just Ruby and maybe a few other characters.

I mean, Jaune is a RWBY character so he gets an automatic 100 from me. But to be honest, compared to the majority of the main cast he feels pretty vanilla. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. He has went through so much development and has become more likeable as a result. However, he's still clearly the down to earth person of the group (along with Ren but even then he has had more flashy moments than Jaune) which makes him a less fun character than say Nora. Also even with the upgrades his shield got in Volume 7, he still basically has a sword and shield. Not a bad choice of weaponry, but compared to a lightning powered giant hammer, a scythe with a gun attached, and a rapier with dust elements that can summon projectiles and entities, Jaune's lacking in the "cool" compartment which is what made RWBY stand out as a show.

Still, I'd accept any RWBY characters at this point.

Super Priest

Super Fly revolves around Youngblood Priest, an African American drug dealer who is trying to quit the underground drug business. The film was distributed by Warner Bros and was a commercial success. It's a notable movie in the blaxploitation genre with most of its production personnel consisting of people of color and its divisive history with people saying that the film sets a bad example for future generations while others argue that it exists to show the negative side of the drug subculture and to deter people away from it.

Regardless of how one feels about the film, it has a place in history.....but that alone doesn't mean it's likely to get into MultiVersus. For one, there are two sequels which are supposedly mediocre and it doesn't help that Warner Bros backed out from the second film at the last second due to not wanting their film to have such mixed reactions akin to the original. This led to the company no longer being connected to any future Super Fly films. There was a remake in 2018 too, but it's from competitor Sony and it didn't make a big splash. The other concern is getting the likeness of Ron O'Neal, Priest's actor, which is always an unknown factor without personally knowing the family.

Still, it's not a lost cause. Warner Bros released a blu-ray of the original film in 2018 (and in the same month as the remake funny enough) so at least some people at the company have the film in mind and again it has a legacy. But otherwise I just don't see it happening.

I'm not particularly interested in blaxploitation films (the only one I've watched was Live And Let Die) but Youngblood Priest seems like an entertaining character and I like the idea of moving on from something you no longer enjoy or feel a part of (or at least that's the vibe I'm getting from the plot). Overall, I'd be chill with Priest.

Noms:
Matt Cordell x15
Smash overlap x5

Calcs coming sometime soon.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"I think she knew she wasn't going to win, that she might not come out alive, but....she also knew she was the only one that could try"
Jaune Arc
His Theme: Jaune's Arc
Alt Theme: Jaune and Pyrrha

50%: Jaune Arc is one of the members of Team JNPR and a recurring character of RWBY, being a knight from a family with multiple sisters,has been prominent throughout the series, and has gone through character development during the middle of the show. He’s also one of the main characters of the anime spin-off RWBY: Ice Queendom

In terms of his chances, he doesn’t seem like one of the most popular choice with the rest of Team RWBY, if anything he’d be a 2nd choice due to his role in Ice Queendom and likely his role later in the show, although he faces competion against other characters such as Cinder Fall, Neo Peliton, and even Pyrrha? huh.

even then Ruby, Yang, Weiss,and Blake are the most likely characters to get in while the rest of the RWBY cast aren’t too requested from what i’ve seen, though if there was a chance for Multiversus to add another in the game it would be him(or again, others)

60%: Jaune is close to decent, on the lower side i don’t have any impressions on him he’s not bad, his design good(minus his haircut from V7-8), overall jaune’s an alright character.

Youngblood Priest
Abstain: I have not seen Superfly nor have i done research on him, it might result in me repeating what others have said which i would avoid but i’m currently busy with other things at the moment but seeing him sounds like it’d be good and the music i search for him sounded pretty great.

Nominating
Uncle Grandpa(Good Morning!)

Also, Today's my 22nd Birthday today so...Happy Birthday to me!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Abstaining on Jaune. I feel nothing towards him.

Youngblood Priest
Chance:
5%
When I was nominating him I actually didn't realize the rights were so thorny...or that he had such a massive competitor in the legendary Shaft. Still, as someone who nominated him I feel compelled to go to bat for him. As has been said, Superfly is one of the seminal blaxploitation films along with Sweet Sweetback, Dolemite, Coffy, and Shaft. It's such a a fascinating film to me because my interest in grindhouse and exploitation started with 2009's Black Dynamite, an amazingly funny movie that parodies the genre but especially this particular movie. In fact when I first saw this film I was blown away at how much of Black Dynamite was legitimately taking from this film and barely changing to make it funny. This film defined a genre and kept defining a genre, even getting a remake recently. It's a film that WB acknowledges enough but as has been said it has enough going on in the rights department to make it not super likely.

I love grindhouse and exploitation and I find blaxploitation super super fascinating. I went through a phase in high school and again more recently where I went through all the big ones and I've found it's a genre rife with cool music, interesting stories, sometimes hilarious action, and an unmatched vibe. I support any grindhouse rep. Youngblood himself has all the benefits the great antiheroes of the genre has, with gunplay, fisticuffs, and unmatched style. That said, well, he's competing against Shaft, and with my apologies to Mr. Priest, you don't get much cooler than Shaft. I'd love to see Youngblood in as a fan of old school film, but when it comes to competition in film I'll have to give it to the bad motha...

Nominations: Shaft xMax

On a side note, I'm sorry I missed the Tales From The Crypt day. I love that show - Yellow is one of the most haunting episodes of TV I've ever seen. I hope we get a Cryptkeeper announcer pack.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Hellou, this is my first post here and who knows maybe is the only one, maybe I will become a regular, but I was just looking that between the characters is Jaune from RWBY, I aren't like a super avid RWBY fan (like, my main knowledge comes from BBTAG and the manga made by Shirow Miwa) but I think he would be very nice even if imo there are other characters in the franchise with more cool abilities, I think his chances at the moment are of like only a 5% but when RWBY gets their first rep that would me most likely Ruby then the chances could increase to a 50%, and about how much I would want him I say a 30%.

I really don't know who is the other guy so I will say nothing about it.

And all my noms would go on Green Arrow the Emerald Archer! I don't know if he was nominated before but I think he would be cool.

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
I will only ever be able to read this series as "Ruwoobee"

Chance: 2%
We still haven't seen any content from RWBY yet, but I think Ruby and her teammates have pretty good shots at getting in. Anything beyond that? I don't see it. RWBY is popular sure, but I dunno, I just don't think there's gonna be a giant avalanche of content and he's a side character. These ratings seem absurdly high IMO.

Want: 1%
Unless he came in years down the line, I'd be really disappointed. Even if I don't care for the series itself, I'd be fine with the addition of the main cast, but anyone beyond that is really pushing it.

IF YOU LOSE, DON'T ASK NO QUESTIONS WHY

Youngblood is unlikely for almost the exact opposite reasons as Jaune - he (and his series) aren't popularly requested, WB doesn't own the property outright, they'd need to secure actor likeness, and the subject matter is potentially objectionable. His saving grace is Super Fly is an extremely historically significant film and has received some attention in recent years, including a newly restored version on Blu-ray from Warner, and a remake not from Warner. That being said, I doubt the team would go for Priest even if legal issues weren't in the way and it's a shame. Knowing Shaft is on the table certainly doesn't help his chances.

Mostly for the soundtrack because Super Fly has one of the best film soundtracks period. The theme song is so good and any opportunity to have it playing in a fighting game should be taken. Priest himself would also fit perfectly in a fighting game even if he'd clash a little with the existing Multiversus roster (which is a positive IMO). Y'all want Walt, Priest sells coke, that's basically the same thing. I think he should have a gimmick where he can put a hit out on one of his opponents which makes them unable to kill Priest or else they and their entire family are murdered. While this is active, it plays the theme song.

Noms:
All on Kangaroo Jack

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hellou, this is my first post here and who knows maybe is the only one, maybe I will become a regular, but I was just looking that between the characters is Jaune from RWBY, I aren't like a super avid RWBY fan (like, my main knowledge comes from BBTAG and the manga made by Shirow Miwa) but I think he would be very nice even if imo there are other characters in the franchise with more cool abilities, I think his chances at the moment are of like only a 5% but when RWBY gets their first rep that would me most likely Ruby then the chances could increase to a 50%, and about how much I would want him I say a 30%.

I really don't know who is the other guy so I will say nothing about it.

And all my noms would go on Green Arrow the Emerald Archer! I don't know if he was nominated before but I think he would be cool.
he wasn't nominated yet so you're good

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Edward Malus
Chance: 5.75%
Want: 65.5%

Let me tell you all a spine-chilling tale: Tales From The Crypt only got 2 ratings, thus no averages for it. That's a bummer, but I'll probably nominate it again in a couple months or so, or maybe when we end up hearing news about it.

Noms List

75+

25-49
Homelander x36
Gilligan x35
Space Ghost x33
Matt Cordell x30
Annoying Orange x29
Regular Show characters x28
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25

1-24
Sam I am x23
Kangaroo Jack x22
Bloodsport x21
Ratcatcher II x21
Polka Dot Man x21
King Shark x21
Rick Flag x21
Shang Tsung x20
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Riverdale rep x18
Venture Brothers rep x17
Omar Little x17
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Peppa Pig x15
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Snow Miser x7
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Totally Spies rep x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Concept: Evangelion character, as well as Simon The Digger from Gurren Lagann.

Some videos to get into the mech anime mood:

Some videos to get into....checks notes the mech anime mood again:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Both characters in terms of chances are like a 5% but my want percentage is definitively of 100% (especially with Simon), it would be so fun have more mechs apart of the Iron Giant (and actually maybe Simon could have a similar gimmick having a second form callin Kamina who is mounting Gurren and form Gurren Lagann).

All my noms would go again to Green Arrow.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Edward Malus
Chance: 5.75%
Want: 65.5%

Let me tell you all a spine-chilling tale: Tales From The Crypt only got 2 ratings, thus no averages for it. That's a bummer, but I'll probably nominate it again in a couple months or so, or maybe when we end up hearing news about it.

Noms List

75+

25-49
Homelander x36
Gilligan x35
Space Ghost x33
Matt Cordell x30
Annoying Orange x29
Regular Show characters x28
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25

1-24
Sam I am x23
Kangaroo Jack x22
Bloodsport x21
Ratcatcher II x21
Polka Dot Man x21
King Shark x21
Rick Flag x21
Shang Tsung x20
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Riverdale rep x18
Venture Brothers rep x17
Omar Little x17
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Peppa Pig x15
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Snow Miser x7
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Uncle Grandpa x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Totally Spies rep x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Concept: Evangelion character, as well as Simon The Digger from Gurren Lagann.

Some videos to get into the mech anime mood:

Some videos to get into....checks notes the mech anime mood again:
Oh My God, It's Happening Everybody calm down

Top Bottom