• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Both characters in terms of chances are like a 5% but my want percentage is definitively of 100% (especially with Simon), it would be so fun have more mechs apart of the Iron Giant (and actually maybe Simon could have a similar gimmick having a second form callin Kamina who is mounting Gurren and form Gurren Lagann).

All my noms would go again to Green Arrow.
1. You need 4 sentences for each character (two for chance and two for want) for your scores and noms to count. Also, try to keep your ratings separate, it's easier for me to count the sentences. Look at other ratings to get an idea of how to organize your writeups better.
2. Explain why you are giving both things a 5% for chance. Here are the wikipedia articles for Evangelion and Gurren Lagann to use for research. Again, just two sentences of reasoning is enough.

I understand you are new to this thread, and that's fine! We welcome you. I would just recommend checking the first post of this thread for the rules.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Evangelion rep (Zankoku na tenshi no teeze~)

Chance- 20%
Evangelion is definitely a mainstream mecha anime along with the Gundam series is why I think it has over a 10% chance at least. The issue with Evagelion is, despite it is mainstream anime but it is niche compared to big hitters like Dragon Ball or Naruto.

Want- 80%
An Eva rep is an interesting choice for sure. Plus the characters are pretty cool so I don't mind them.

Simon

Chance- 5%
Unfortunately for Simon despite Gurren Lagann is well known, his chances aren't "the drill that will pierce the heavens" tier. Since currently for mecha series wise I think even Darling in the Franxx is more mainstream than Gurren Lagann at the moment.

Want- 95%
Simon is one of my top favourites in Gurren Lagann. To be honest it would be awesome to have a GL rep in general since it is one of my favourite mecha anime.

Noms
Totally Spies rep - x10

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Why doesn't no one give the anime characters a chance anymore?......please? just this once?

Oh well, i'll give these two a rating myself then.

Zankoku na tenshi no you ni
(Like an angel who has forsaken empathy,)
Shounen yo, shinwa ni nare…
(Rise up young boy and make yourself a legend…)”

Evangelion
Series Music: A Cruel Angel's Thesis
Alt Theme: FLY ME TO THE MOON

20%: Neon Genesis Evangelion is a show that is part of the mecha anime that likely brought the genre into popularity in the US.

The series is about Shinji Ikari, who was recruited by his father into the organization NERV to pilot a robot to stop these space creatures known as “Angels” the series also shows the characters going through emotional moments that gives us a view of their struggles & issues they have as well.

The anime has a movie which served as the finale to the original series but also another film that tied the last couple of episodes(except the final two) and the movie, there’s also a movie franchise that takes the series into another direction, a couple of spin-off mangas such as The Shinji Ikari Raising Project & Angelic Days, Several Video Games, crossovers with Godzilla and Transformers, and A lot of fanfictions that exist with good exclaimed stories such as Neon Genesis Evanglion: Genocide(Shoutout to The 2nd Try)

The original show aired on Toonami back in the 2000’s era giving it connection to Warner Brothers for Multiversus, although even then anime may not be too easy to get for the game & evangelion doesn’t seem to be really talked about over here as it once was, the rebuild series is popular over in japan but not a lot of people are bringing it up here in the us.

Overall, Evangelion does have a good reason to be in the game but has some roadblocks in the way that will take time for it to get in.

60%: I did like Neon Genesis Evangelion quite a bit, although it was mostly for the fanfics. I respect the original for what they do with the characters and their struggles. I do have a little perk of interest to the rebuild movies but i am pretty tempered to watch them due to some of the changes in the series(such as Kaworu and Mari).

Seeing Shinji and His Eva would look amazing in the game, i imagine him using his AT Fields to shield himself from any attacks, grab opponents like Iron Giant but give them more damage by crushing them, and even summoning the Spear of Longinus & throwing it as if he’s doing javelin throw. I also see him having costumes based on different eva’s with their own pilots operating them such as Rei, Asuka, Toji, Rei Q, Mari, Kaworu, Maybe even Misato(i heard she was originally gonna be one of the pilots), and even The EVA Unit-13 from Rebuild.

Overall, i think a character from evangelion would be cool to have and would be another giant fighter to represent alongside iron giant.

“If you’re gonna dig then Dig to the Heavens, Cause no matter what happens i won’t stop. Once I’ve Dugged Through it Means That I Won! Just Who The Hell Do You Think I Am? I’m Simon. I’m Not My Bro, I’m ME!!! Simon The Digger!”
Simon the Digger
His Theme: Sorairo Days
Alt Theme: Will of the Drill(Kyle Rayner Vs. Simon the Digger) by Brandon Yates

10%: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a mech anime show made by Gainax(who also worked on Neon Genesis Evangelion)which focuses on two brothers who escape an underground city and explore the outside world while fighting monsters & bad guys with their robot powered by a drill.

Simon is the youngest brother who would later take over the rest of the series after his older brother, Kamina dies. He gets depressed over it but does get over it thanks to a girl named nia(i hope i am remembering this) and later becomes a hero of the universe were he fought their gods called The Anti-Spirals.

Gurren Lagann has a cult following for people online(based on what i learned from death battle’s fanbase)and it has had a lot of stuff such as a spin-off movie, novels, plenty of video games, appeared in a game called Super Robot Wars, and a manga version aswell.

It does have the connection of appearing on Toonami putting it in the WB history book to back it up, although there’s the possibility of the rights being an issue to get since anime do come from japan making it an expensive IP to get plus Multiversus may not be big enough to get anime & if the game manages to stay around longer to the point were anime is possible it wouldn’t be that high.
the most likely series for multiversus comes from shonen jump(Evangelion suffers from this too) and i don’t see too much request for simon either which lowers his chances.

But anything can be possible and if anime does become available someday then hopefully simon can dig straight up to piece through the heavens in order to make his way into Multiversus.

How was that? Was it not bad?

61%: I have watched Gurren Lagann but i haven’t progressed forward after Episode 12(i didn’t wish to see another beach episode) and it’s likely netflix removed it apparently,
but based of memory i did get some enjoyment a little from the show, being engaged with the first half near the parts after Kamina’s death,
Simon seems like he’s pretty cool although i didn’t get to watch how he grows throughout the series, i remember attempting to avoid the show due to Yoko’s appearance(i hated watching anime that showed that kinda stuff back in high school) until i got invested a little after the DEATH BATTLE community were talking about Simon fighting Kyle Rayner from Green Lantern(And it’s currently up for next year’s 2D episode alongside other ideas such as Discord Vs. Bill Cipher and Finn & Jake Vs. Mordecai & Rigby).

After seeing a bit of simon i think he’d be a cool and unique character to have in Multiversus, he’d be able to fight on Lagann then adapts it into it’s full robot form as it keeps fighting overtime gaining new attacks in his moveset, simon could have outfits based on how he’s change throughout the series(although there’d have to be a way to work his younger & older selfs in) and maybe a costume based on his brother.

Even if Gurren Lagann might be unlikely, I would want to see simon get in and be made into an Amazing fighter for Multiversus.

Nominating
Regular Show
Sam I Am
Snow Miser

Edit at 12/11/22 at 8:44 PM: Changed my nominations list to boost some of my suggestions.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Jaune Arc
Chance: 27.33%
Want: 54.33%

Youngblood Priest
Chance: 5%
Want: 82.5%

Noms List

75+

25-49
Matt Cordell x45
Kangaroo Jack x37
Homelander x36
Gilligan x35
Space Ghost x33
Shang Tsung x30
Concept: Any Roster Overlap With Smash x30
Annoying Orange x29
Regular Show characters x28
Riverdale rep x28
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25

1-24
Bloodsport x24
Ratcatcher II x24
Polka Dot Man x24
King Shark x24
Rick Flag x24
Sam I Am x23
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Omar Little x17
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Peppa Pig x15
Totally Spies rep x15
Uncle Grandpa x15
Shaft x15
Rosie The Robot x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x10
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x10
Yogi Bear x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Snow Miser x7
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

I will do my ratings soonish. I can't miss out on a double mecha day.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Persecution of the Mechs

Chance: 22%

When you think of mech franchises, this is one of the ones that people generally think of. Evangelion explores the themes of religion, psychology and philosophy, and brought in a new wave of mech media. It's a big franchise, one that continues with more merchandise and new shows to this day, so it'd certainly be a big get for MultiVersus. If I wasn't so doubtful on third parties as I am right now, this would be much higher. Not to mention it doesn't have the strongest connection to WB (to my knowledge it aired on Adult Swim and that's about it).

Simon the Vampire Killer Digger

Chance: 15%

I do think there is a decent argument for this. Despite Gurren Lagann being a smaller franchise than Evangelion, it still holds up in regards to legacy. It has inspired creators and has influences in shows such as Transformers Animated and Victor & Valentino. Its success led to the creation of Studio Trigger which has gone on to work on other successful anime like Kill La Kill. And it even got involved in a political debate over how the British Union Flag should be designed. A British newspaper held a contest on a new design for the flag (Not an actual contest that would change the design btw) and a Gurren-inspired flag won the popularity contest by a wide margin. So yeah, Gurren is a big deal. The big issue is, again, complex anime licensing and lack of a strong WB connection.

Want for both: 80%

I haven't seen either of these anime but now I'm curious. I'm a relatively new fan of Gundam and eventually I do want to get into other mech series as well. Giant robots are just insanely cool and when you are able to create a meaningful storyline with them, even better. I've heard great things about both Evangelion and Gurren, people clearly love them and they have such strong legacies so now they are on my radar.

Noms:
Smash overlap x5
one to each Suicide Squad member

Day over.

Rate Concept: Aqua Teen Hunger Force character, as well as Wile E. Coyote from Looney Tunes.

Some videos to get into the mood to fight with the power of food:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to have your schemes backfire on you:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
“Aqua Teen won’t ever be canceled
Aqua Teen won’t be dismantled
Aqua Teen gonna be together
Aqua Teen gonna be Forever!”-Aqua Teen Hunger Force Forever Intro
Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1, Aqua TV Show Show, Aqua Teen Forever, Something You Know, Whatever!
Series Theme: Aqua Teen Hunger Force(Number #1 in the hood)
Alt Theme: Party, Party, Party

95%: Aqua Teen Hunger Force(which goes by many names) was one of Adult Swim’s original classics from the early 2000’s and is one of the most popular shows the network has next to classics such as Venture Bros and Robot Chicken & newer hits such as Rick & Morty and Smiling Friends.

The show had a theatrical film back in 2007 and a new film released on DVD & Blu-Ray(Digital doesn’t exist) just recently, it also had a video game for Playstation 2, some short series videos released on adult swim’s official youtube channel, and was released on DVD plus a brand new DVD set that acts as the complete series(semi-complete, they’re only missing one).

There aren’t any issues getting in the show’s way besides maybe a reminder of that boston bomb scare incident..but that was a long time ago and since then the show’s remain strong even after cancellation, i’d imagine this would be one of likelier adult swim shows due to it’s legacy & popularity with the network.

80%: Aqua Teen is one of the those shows i have no idea what i would think of it nowadays(and i’m a little afraid to think about it), but i still somehow get a laugh at it whenever i see an episode i’ve missed & find something amusing about it or just watch what’s presented to me.

Back then, when i saw the show i seemingly had a lot of interest in it when it was still airing regularily, i remember liking the episode were the villains try to team up to take down the aqua teen only to almost do nothing throughout the whole thing while everyone seems to get eliminated as the episode continues, i also like the grim reaper episode mostly for the montage in the beginning,
the crazy part about this is that i watched Aqua Teen when i was in elementary school before...being told not to watch adult swim again, but now it doesn't matter since i'm 22 now.

I also saw a little bit of the original movie when my brother was watching it, watched videos of Master Shake in Mugen, found out Andrew W.K. was the man who made the Party, Party song, watched a nintendo & sonic fans videos who also loves aqua teen named UltimateDSMan(or DSfan, he’s a girl now) who made videos with gaming & anime characters and made a parody of aqua teen with them, and i recently bought the new film “Aqua Teen Forever Plantasm” which my brother watched & quickly grew to love.

With Aqua Teen in Multiversus, i’d imagine the aqua teen themselves as either fighters of their own or a trio of fighters, i don’t know if they’ll find a way to make Meatwad standout from Jake & making him a trio with Shake and Frylock would probably annoy the crew if they wish to make a moveset out of each, i would still be down to seeing the characters and what they’ll do to make them work.

There’s also other stuff they can add from the show such as a stage taking place in the street were the Aqua Teen house is at with cameos from the show(Maybe Rabbot dancing in the background) and of course, Carl should be an announcer even if he’s a pervert he would be a funny character to use for an announcer.

Edit at 12/16/22 at 5:55 PM: Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius

“HELP!”-Non Speaking
“Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius
A nice name that rolls out, Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius”-Speaking
Wile E. Coyote
(Carnivorous Vulgaris)(Color of the Desert Sky from his Cartoons)

His Theme: Seven Arts Intro Wile E. Coyote & Road Runner Intro
Alt Theme: Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote Intro from The Looney Tunes Show

70%: Wile E. Coyote is one of the most recognizable characters from The Looney Tunes Gang, he’s a coyote who is trying to chase after a blue road runner and eat it unlike other coyotes he uses clever traps & gadgets(almost courtesy of ACME Incorporated) to leer the road runner in to get it, but they always ends up backfiring on him leaving the audience laughing.

In terms of his chances, Wile e. Is competing against plenty of other characters but more specifically Daffy Duck, Bug’s iconic rival & most popular of the looney tunes cast,
he’s also rumored to appear in the near future although likely in the form of Duck Dodgers as his default

However, wile is among one of the most requested characters in the multiverse community since there are talks about him, a moveset concept was done for him, and he’s likely one of the most asked looney tune characters from tony hugh’s question for looney tunes reps.
He’s also getting a movie featuring him called “Coyote Vs. ACME” which would make him a possible promotion character to add
With all of those almost likely possible wile e’s chances are pretty good right now

70%: I am familiar with wile e. Coyote though i do like the road runner more, I don't see the latter working like a fighter or a tag team one with coyote in the similar veins as tom & jerry.

I think Wile E. would be cool to have in the game, i have to think how they would do his moveset justice considering they would all have to almost backfire on him.

Nominations
Buddy The Elf
Snow Miser

Last edited:

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
Cursed McDonalds Mascots

Chance: 55%

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is one of the shows that despite having never seen, I'd immediately associate with Adult Swim. While Rick and Morty has become the network's cash cow, ATHF aired for 15 years (2000-2015), got two movies, and still receives some minor attention to this day. In fact, a series of ATHF shorts started and a second film came out this year, though no revival of the series proper is officially in the pipeline. Regardless given how long the show ran (it might still be Adult Swim's longest running show?) I could see it getting a character.

Want: 50%

As I said, I haven't seen this show and it doesn't really look like something I'd care to check out. If we got an ATHF character, it'd be alright I guess. I'd feel very whelmed.

Singlehandedly keeping ACME in business

Chance: 70%

I'd say the Coyote's got pretty solid odds. The Road Runner cartoons are iconic, and of the two characters, Wile's got the edge. The Road Runner's character is defined by non-interaction, and all of Wile's contraptions would make for an incredibly fun and humorous trap based style. There's also an upcoming film where he's the star so he's got the cynical cross promotion angle on his side too. Really, the main things against him are the number of Looney Tunes characters in the game already, and Daffy Duck not being among them. If any one Looney Tune should get in right now, its Daffy, but all of these characters are truly legendary. Both Daffy and Wile E. can coexist just fine. I'm also not sure the devs really care about the number of reps each series has to be quite honest though. If DC can have so many characters, Looney Tunes can too.

Want: 90%

The Road Runner cartoons are some of my favorites of all the Looney Tunes shorts so yes please give me Wile E. Coyote. While of the two characters, I like Road Runner more, his eternal rival would definitely have the more fun, interesting, and...looney playstyle of the two so he gets my vote. Really, going through a list of Looney Tunes characters has me wishing we had a dedicated Looney Tunes fighter. These characters ooze personality and some (like Foghorn Leghorn) don't really have much of a chance to get in Multiversus. One quirk is Wile E. Coyote has spoken only a handful of times so he'd have no interactions with the rest of the cast but that's just how the character is. I could imagine him having a taunt where he holds up a sign to trash talk for him, that'd be pretty fun.

Noms: All on Kangaroo Jack

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on Aqua Teen Hunger force on both, I barely remember them.

Wile E

Chance- 60%
I think at the very least Looney Tunes in general are at the tier, their chances are at least 50 and Coyote is one of them. Given how iconic his cartoon is puts him at very favourable odds.

Want- 30%
He and Road Runner would make an interesting duo type of character similar to Tom and Jerry for sure. But I am not too fond of Looney Tunes in general.

Noms
Totally Spies rep- x10

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Abstain on ATHF as I have very little knowledge of the series

Chance: 75% I think it’s fair to say Daffy has the highest priority out of the Looney Tunes cast but still Wily is arguably pretty high up there given his status as a staple character in the series and having high popularity too, supported by a ton of appearances in LT media in the past near 75 years

Want: 65% Wily is a bit of an obvious pick to me but I won’t complain if he gets added, he’d be interesting as a dedicated trapper character but on the other hand, after Daffy I would like to see what the team can do with a less obvious character like Granny or Gossamer

Noms: Snow Miser, Yogi Bear, Rosie the Robot

He and Road Runner would make an interesting duo type of character similar to Tom and Jerry for sure.
Not only is that redundant but I don’t think it’d work as well since most of the cartoons consist of the viewer following Wily around and Road Runner has very little screen time compared to Tom & Jerry

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Chance: 70%

Funnily enough, Bugs' moveset is similar to what I expected Coyote's to be. He uses different ACME items. However, there's still plenty of stuff Coyote can use for his moveset. He is one of the most popular and iconic Looney Tunes, and can be an easy fifth rep after Daffy.

Want: 70%

I have my own pretty large gripe with the Road Runner cartoons, but Coyote himself isn't the reason why. He'd be very fun to play as. A fast trapper, whose traps have a chance to fail on him.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Wile E.: 85%
An extremely obvious, iconic character from a franchise that is clearly a very high priority to the MVS devs, and has an upcoming movie with John Cena. The only problems I can really see are potential competition with (or incorporation into the moveset of) the Road Runner, which even then I think is unlikely given the Road Runner's passive nature. I don't really think any Looney Tunes characters other than Daffy would be a higher priority than Wile E. at this point, (unless you count Animaniacs as part of Looney Tunes at least) at least if going off a heriarchy of importance. That being said, the moveset and gimmicks within basically write themselves.

All noms towards Peppa Pig.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Aqua Teen Hunger Force rep

Chance: 15%
I haven't watched this show but it's one of those shows that you hear about and associate with Adult Swim, like the Venture Bros. It ran for 11 seasons(!) being at one point the longest running AS show. It also received two movies, one of them this very year. So the franchise is alive and kicking. I could see it, if they go deeper with Adult Swim representation then this seems like one of the priorities. Only question I have is whether there's fighter potential, mostly because these characters are just sentient limbless food, but the name of the show and the fact that they were nominated leads me to believe it's not a problem.

Want: abstain

Dr. Wile E

Chance: 95%
Coyote is probably the Looney Tunes character with the most moveset potential, bar none. He's the perfect ACME rep due to his strong association with and reliance on their products, and you can probably make hundreds of movesets just based on the infamous company's gadgets. He's an iconic toon and frankly his shorts are among the best aged of the bunch in terms of timelessness of the humor. It's no wonder he stuck around and never really lost relevance like some of the other Looney Tunes. And he's getting that live action trial movie with John Cena that seems super cool, just to sweeten the deal. I don't see any reason why he gets left out.

Also, on the subject of Daffy, who everyone is saying will probably outprioritize him... We already got Taz and Marvin before Daffy. I don't think he's a priority. Moveset seems to be king here.

Want: 100%
I think the appeal of the Road Runner vs. Coyote cartoons is how your perception of them changes the more you watch them. At first, you root for the Road Runner, it's cute, completely innocent, while the Coyote is an ugly mangy predator. But then he loses so much, takes so many beatings, that you end up sympathizing with the poor guy. You want him to win, even if just once.

Why am I waxing lyrical about the appeal of a cartoon character? I guess because I'm really drawn to the coyote for whatever reason. It's a character that speaks to me. So I think it would be super cool to have him in a game like MultiVersus where he can actually get some Ws.

Noms: Shaft

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
ATHF

Chance: 80%

This is one of the giants of Adult Swim. After Rick & Morty, ATHF is an obvious choice. It's one of the network's longest running and successful series, with movies and spinoffs still coming out to this day. I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't happen, outside of general competition.

Want: 1%

This 1% is just for out of respect. I do not like ATHF at all. Like with many Adult Swim shows, the animation reeks of uncanny valley and the way they tackle crude humor is not for me. If someone from the show gets in, good for the fans but I wouldn't care.

Imagine your plans backfiring on you this many times

Chance: 80%

While there are plenty of Looney Tunes characters to choose from, the fact that they chose Taz and Marvin does give us a good indication of where their mindset is when choosing between characters. Both Taz and Martian offer something new to the moveset table and you can say the same to Wile. Sure, Bugs already has traps in his moveset, but Wile's cartoons offer different situations for traps, as well as unique gags they can pepper in. Plus Looney Tunes has the second highest amount of character with 3 and I don't think they'll shy away from it considering DC has 5 reps. As a result, the remaining competition with Daffy, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, etc. wouldn't be detrimental. At this rate I'm sure we'll see Wile down the road.

I'm not dying to see more Looney Tunes characters right now. But I'd be happy with Wile. I love classic Looney Tunes and the Road Runner cartoons were absolutely hilarious with the creative ways that Wile's schemes backfired on him. I do think this and other cartoons like Ed, Edd n Eddy shaped my sense of humor.

Noms:
Smash overlap x5
Sanda and/or Gaira (War of the Gargantuas) x10

Calcs coming sometime soon.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Also, on the subject of Daffy, who everyone is saying will probably outprioritize him... We already got Taz and Marvin before Daffy. I don't think he's a priority. Moveset seems to be king here.
It’s not like Daffy couldn’t have an interesting moveset either, honestly I could see him being a stance change character seeing how he has numerous iterations and personas

D

Deleted member

Chance - 18%
The next Looney Tunes rep is probably gonna be Daffy Duck. He has a large amount of fan demand behind Jim and we've heard from farily reputable sources that he's coming. Everyone is asking for him and i think the devs are tuned into that. After that I definitely think Wile E. has a real good chance. The devs have clearly been picking the Toons based on moveset potential. And Wile E has that in spades. He's the best way to represent the iconic ACME corporation, with all sorts of wacky gadgets they could pull from. Will. E apparently has a movie coming out with John Cena, written by new DC head exec James Gunn, and we know from Black Adam that the devs are not afraid of some cross promotion, so whenever that drops I could see him getting in. There are other Looney Tunes I could maybe see. Speedy Gonzales also has a film set for next year. And I could see the team wanting to do something with someone like Porky Pig or Sylvester. I do think that Wile E. is still the most likely non mallard Looney Tune though. But consdering Looney Tunes is currently the non DC comics property with the most characters, I think that will continue for the remainder of this game's life cycle.

Want - 80%
I always liked the Coyote. One of the best Looney Tunes in my opinion, with the Road Runner skits being some of the best Looney Tunes skits. He's a really endearing character, which is probably why he gets so much of his own spin off stuff. There's a lot of moveset potential that could be had with his varoius gadgets. I've liked everything they've done with the Looney Tunes characters so far in this game.

Chance- 40%

Aqua Team Hunger Force is an adult swim show starring a trio of fast food items and their human neighbor Carl. The series ran from 2003 till 2015, and was fairly popular, even getting a movie. The series was recently relaunched with a new film just this year, followed by a series of shorts on YouTube. The series has a pretty big fanbase, and0 has a legacy, with it being the oldest animated AS show not based on an existing Hanna Barberra property (the show did actually spin out of Space Ghost: Coast to Coast but still). The biggest thing the show has going against it is it's main characters' lack of limbs. You could get around this by using Carl, but I think they'd probably want to use Meatwad, Frylock or Master Shake. You could probably make a moveset for them that gets around this, the show featured plenty of wacky fantasy plots you could pull from, and MVS is not as focused on grabs like Smash, but it could still present some possible problems. In order of who I see them choosing it goes Meatwad, Master Shake, then Frylock. I think if this game goes on long enough then ATHF could get a rep, but I also think it's competing with the likes of Venture Bros, Robot Chiken and Space Ghost / Birdman (also any potential additional R&M reps) for AS representation.

Want - 25%
I don't have a ton of attachment to this show. The clips I've seen seem pretty funny but I haven't had any real time with it. I kinda feel like it's something i'd have loved when I was younger but I don't really feel like getting into it now. I do think fighting Superman or Steven Universe as a Meatball or a Cup could be pretty funny.

Noms to Space Ghost

Last edited by a moderator:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: Evangelion character
Chance: 20.67%
Want: 73.33%

Simon The Digger
Chance: 10%
Want: 78.67%

Noms List

50+

25-49
Matt Cordell x45
Kangaroo Jack x42
Homelander x36
Gilligan x35
Regular Show characters x35
Concept: Any roster overlap with Smash x35
Space Ghost x33
Shang Tsung x30
Sam I Am x30
Annoying Orange x29
Riverdale rep x28
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Totally Spies rep x25
Shaft x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25

1-24
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Omar Little x17
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Peppa Pig x15
Uncle Grandpa x15
Rosie The Robot x13
Snow Miser x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yogi Bear x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Concept: Sesame Street content, as well as Spy from Spy vs Spy.

Some videos to get into the mood to sing and learn lessons with puppets:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to set up traps:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sesame: 2%
Sesame Street has probably the strongest yet most fragile reputation to uphold of any TV show ever. Revered worldwide, funded by taxpayer money, and the longest lasting legacy of one of the most beloved creatives who ever lived. Any appearance that isn't explicitly educational is a huge risk

Elmo has had multiple very well known appearances on Jimmy Fallon, a very not-preschool-friendly show, sure - and even there he ends up hitting Fallon (even if by accident and not at all strongly) - so I don't think it's impossible per say, but there's a difference between showing up on a talk show to make OOC snarky jokes and getting beat up by Harley Quinn.

There's also the matter of the stigma against preschool properties and being associated with them. Sure, Sesame - alongside Bluey and Thomas - is one of the very few preschool IPs the average "nerd" is willing to give the time of day, but it is still a preschool show - the only target demographic with a bigger stigma than "teenage girls", a lot of people are terrified by the prospect of their favourite heroes being associated with the PBS Kids lineup so I can image worries of potential pushback being enough to get Elmo and co out of the game even if Sesame Workshop gave the OK.

Given the film did debut on WB affiliate stations, all noms towards Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Where the streets are paved with Sesame

Sesame Street is a long-running (since 1969, one of the longest running shows ever) children's television series. Mixing groundbreaking educational techniques with traditional commercial showrunning and the wizardry of Jim Henson's Muppets, Sesame Street took the world by storm, with incredible viewership and critical acclaim. During its run, it has won 11 Grammys and 205 Emmys (obviously a record). Aside from the main show, there are 20 international versions created to meet the cultural needs of different nations, many with funding from the respective governments; the show reaches 140 countries worldwide. It's very much an institution, and countless ink has been spilled about it, so I'll keep it brief and to the point (though it's a very interesting show to learn about! I recommend an HBO documentary called Street Gang that chronicles the creation and beginnings of the show.)

Sesame Street as an IP is owned by Sesame Workshop, a non-profit organization that produces this show along with several other educational children's content (fun fact: the first movie adaptation of Narnia came from them). They also own the designs of the Muppets used to portray the main characters (the Jim Henson Company sold them the rights in 2001). It airs on, and receives funding from, PBS, a public company, but it's not a government owned property. For financing, a deal was made with HBO to stream Sesame Street exclusively on HBO Max (hence why we're talking about this today; the connection is there).

It's true that Sesame Street has a reputation to uphold, as serious kids' entertainment that parents can trust won't rot their kids' brains but instead, hopefully, edify them. So it's up in the air whether they'd be okay with allowing their characters in a crossover they have exactly zero control in, especially in a medium as (unfairly) vilified as videogames, and especially in the violent context of a fighting game. With my score I'm erring on the side of caution, because if I was in charge of Sesame Street I wouldn't do it, but there's no way to say really.

If we're indulging the hypothetical, I think the obvious pick is Big Bird. Elmo, I guess, could be possible, but Big Bird has a more unique height and build that seems better suited for a fighter. Or we could get Oscar pulling his trash can like Piranha Plant.

I, like most people alive, I imagine, watched Sesame Street growing up (well, it was Plaza Sésamo for me, but same thing). I don't exactly remember much, but it's the kind of thing that gets you when you're so young that you can't help but have an attachment to it. That, plus I do love me some puppetry (Dark Crystal is one of my favorite movies) and it would be quite a trip to see a Sesame Street character duking it out.

Also, if this happens, we need Bert and Ernie as announcers, natch.

Spy X Family

Spy vs. Spy is a comic strip created by Antonio Prohías for MAD Magazine. A Cold War parody (authored by an exile of Castro's Cuba, no less), Spy vs. Spy deals with two nameless, identical spies (who differ only in the color of their clothes) constantly trying to one-up each other with booby traps and schemes. It has been an ongoing series since 1961 (that's longer than Sesame Street, thank you very much) and has received merch, spin-offs (there is actually a Spy vs. Spy Jr. depicting the spies as children, if that's what you needed), and adaptations in the form of shorts and videogames. And there's apparently a live action movie in the works? Which is set to be directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber, of Central Intelligence, Skyscraper, and Red Notice fame (I hope this doesn't mean The Rock is starring).

There's... not much else to say here. The spies have all the cartoony spy gear that you could expect. Moveset writes itself. The characters are highly recognizable and iconic, and probably the go-to rep for MAD (sorry to Alfred E. Neuman, but what can he do?) The matter lies solely on whether they wanna do it.

Chance: 10%

I loved the shorts on CN's MAD. There's something so simple and universal about the black and white art style, wordless comedy and brilliant designs of the spies. Like the best Looney Tunes shorts, but with a bit more abstract artistry and no pop culture references. I eventually started buying MAD Magazine exclusively for these guys. I'd be over the moon if they popped up in a major crossover like MultiVersus.

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
How do you get to Sesame Street?

Chance: 0%

Given that this Sesame Street is an educational show aimed at preschool age children I think Sesame Street content can be counted out immediately. Occasionally, the Muppets will find cameo roles all over but within the world of video games, they've only got very basic and strictly educational games to their name. Despite the production ties to HBO, I do not see Sesame Workshop authorizing the use of any Sesame Street content in a game like this, especially given the inclusion of characters like Rick or Arya. This is one case where any potentially objectionable content is a huge detriment to the rights holders, and when we got cursing, alcohol references, and subtle nods toward cannibalism in there, I cannot see this being approved.

Want: 90%

If we're talking a fighter, I'm a little more lukewarm. I, like thousands of others, watched Sesame Street when I was very little, so these characters are very dear to me. I definitely think it would be funny if someone like Elmo or Cookie Monster got in and sure, Multiversus does lean more toward the cartoon violence side of things than most fighters but there would still be a level of wrongness to me at least. If I'm being honest, the only character I'd be flat out opposed to is Big Bird but even then I'm not exactly begging for the inclusion of Sesame Street Muppets in a fighting game. So, why is this score so high then? This is content, not a fighter specifically, and there is one piece of Sesame Street representation that would be absolutely perfect, though not particularly likely to happen: replacing the countdowns with The Count. Having Oscar the Grouch as an announcer could be fun as well.

Spy

Chance: 20%

Spy vs. Spy began as a comic strip in Mad magazine first published in 1961 and still ongoing. The strip, a satire of Cold War era conflict, features two identical spies, one in black, the other in white, who are locked in eternal conflict with one another, alternating victories between strips. An animated adaptation appears as a segment within every single episode of the Mad Cartoon Network show. Despite its long run and enduring popularity, The Spy doesn't seem like a priority for a fighter slot. Outside of a film adaption that has spent years in limbo, no obvious sources of cross promotion exist, and there's incredibly tough competition. I wouldn't rule out minor forms of representation like ring-outs, but I sadly don't feel like they have too big a shot at the moment.

I'm all for absurd slapstick and booby traps so the Spy would definitely be a very fun character, but I'll admit, I've not read too many Spy vs. Spy strips so the appeal for me mostly comes from how they would play and their appealing designs.

Noms: Half on Kangaroo Jack, Half on Concept: Milf Manor Stage (If this isn't allowed, swap it for Duncan Idaho)

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
This rating is brought to you by the letter M

Chance: 1%

I cannot see Sesame Workshop signing off on having the characters in a violent fighting game where they have to share the spotlight with the likes of Arya Stark and Rick Sanchez. I imagine that as arguably the largest educational program for preschoolers, Sesame Workshop is protective of the Sesame Street Muppets’ image. Even if Multiversus’ combat rarely goes beyond mild cartoon violence, having the typically non-violent monsters of Sesame Street partaking in any form of combat would probably be seen as taking things too far. And that’s not getting into the game’s dialogue having some mild swearing and implications of subjects such as drug use and cannibalism. They could maybe get away with it if the more risque WB properties were off the table, but it’s a T rated game featuring characters from Rick and Morty and Game of Thrones. I’d be surprised if that wasn’t an issue for Sesame Workshop.

Want: 50%

Like a majority of folks here, I grew up with and have a lot of nostalgia for Sesame Street. I also have tons of respect for it as an entertaining educational program for young kids. That said, most of my sentiments echo ᑐᑌᑎᑕ ᑐᑌᑎᑕ . There is a slight level of ickiness to seeing the generally more wholesome Sesame Street monsters fight and get hurt, but I will admit that the idea of a Sesame Street rep would be at least a little amusing. If I had to choose a muppet to be in, I’d go with Oscar the Grouch or Bert and Ernie, the former because he seems like the most likely Muppet to get into a fight, and the latter because their my favorites and their style of comedy would gel more with Multiversus’ sensibilities.

That said, an announcer pack for The Count would be the most based thing this game could do with the Sesame Street IP so we should st least get that.

All noms on Barbie.

D

Deleted member

Half on Concept: Milf Manor Stage
This is the best thing that's ever been nominated in this thread

Sunny day
Fighting the clouds away

Chance - 5%
Sesame Street is a beloved children show. Everyone knows these characters. The series is not owned by WB, but does have a strong relationship with them, with first run episodes of the show starting to air on HBO in 2016 and then contravsealy moving to HBO Max in 2020. I just really don't know how comfortable they'd be with their characters in a fighting game, never mind a fighting game with Game of Thrones and Rick & Morty characters. It's worth noting that Sesame Street sometimes does alude to adult proprites, including a GOT sketch which featured characters from the show, a played for laughs sketch is still pretty different from having Elmo in a game where characters like Arya, Rick and Harlry are acting much more like their normal sleeves. I also wonder if the development team would be worried about potential backlash. Jim Hensen does have a more fighting game ready property, but it's locked behind a mouse shaped door. In the scenario where we do get a character in the game. I think they may actually go for a character like the Count or Cookie Monster, rather than the more cutesy, popular with children Elmo. Only way i can really see this would be as a "meme" pick but I think there's too much going against it.

Want - 60%
Same as everyone here. I grew up with this show. It's a part of my childhood same as everyone else. It wasn't perhaps quite as big a cultural icon here in the UK. Buy we still had it and Elmo was still huge. I had a tickle me Elmo same as every kid around my age (and most kids still do from my experience). I'm a huge Jim Hensen fan too. Both of his works and of the man himself. Part of me does wonder about this. Part of me feels like putting a Sesame Street character in here could come off the wrong way. And I'm also just not desperate to see Seasame Street characters in here. I do think there's some fun stuff you could do with them. And it would be pretty funny. My preference would probably go to Cookie Monster, Oscar or Big Bird. I'd also love to see Kermit in here but that's never happening.

Might do a Spies write up later.

Noms to Barbie

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on Spy vs Spy

Sesame Street

Chance- 1%
I have doubts the Sesame Workshop wants their characters in a fighting game in general. There is an offchance they might surprise us with a Sesame street character due to their strong relationship with WB.

Want- 25%
I did like Sesame Street quite a bit. The thing is I am not sure how to feel about Sesame Street characters in fighting games like these. Since something about them makes me prefer they appear in non fighter crossovers.

Noms
Totally Spies rep- x10

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Sunny Days, Sweepin’ the Clouds Away
On my way to where the air is sweet
Can you tell me how to get? How to get to Sesame Street

Sesame Street
Series Theme: Theme of Sesame Street
Alt Theme: Doo Wop Hop(a capella)

30%: Ah, Sesame Street. One of the most iconcily popular preschool shows that has been running since the 60’s, the series follows different human characters and a group of memorable puppets who teaches each other & the audience lessons in life plus they typically count the letters & numbers in different segments(including in song) while also making different segments for some of the puppets that still atleast teaches kids about a lesson but also bring in some funny stuff(assuming what Ernie & Burt does)

In terms of connections, Warner Brothers has made some stuff for Sesame Street & The Muppets a long time ago in the 1970s & 80s, in 2010 they acquired the rights to distribute dvds and video games for series. Then later for HBO max they added the entire series onto the streaming service aswell as made some spin-offs such as The Not-So-Late Show with Elmo for the service and Sesame Street: Mecha Builders for Cartoonito.

So, most of these do seem applicable especially with the video game rights too, however what might keep the series’ characters from joining the world of multiverse is their reputation. Sesame Street is mostly aim for little kids and is well known for being an education show, while the idea of an education series being used in a fighting game is easily workable putting them in a fighting game were they get beaten up would probably be harmful towards the brand of the series and the sesame street workshop would likely not want to let their characters join the battle of superheroes, toons, and characters from violent medias such as Arya Stark(which mostly points to them as an example).

There’s also the fact that WBD’s CEO made HBO Max remove all the old episodes of the show and canceling Elmo’s talk show spin-off

But other than that who’s to say the series would get in without a fighter? There’s the chance we might get a stage where we see the sesame street characters in the background instead of in the battlefield, there’s even profile icons & character select backgrounds too, and a remix from the show to accompany the stage. I also can’t forget voice announcers too, Grover, The Count, Elmo, Ernie & Burt, and even Oscar would all work for announcers in the game with the count having a lot of potential for some chatty dialogue.

“One, One Knockout”
“Two, Two Knockout, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah”

So Overall, Sesame Street does have a chance since warner brothers does hold distribution rights plus it’s legacy and while it’s likely the characters might not be allowed there’s still other ways they can put the show into the game.

50%: I remember watching Sesame Street back when i was very little, it was one of the shows i was exposed to when it came to education. I remember what the voices for the numbers sound like from the count segments, i remember elmo’s world & the ending songs, dorthy the goldfish, and mr. noodle, i also used to like ernie & enjoyed having to take a bath mostly from him(i believe), and despite being a grown man who likes non educational fun or serious action with some story i do like The “C is for Cookie” Song

I also remember seeing the show’s characters in parodies such as Family Guy, MAD, Black Dynamite, Robot Chicken(With a terrible Cookie Monster one), aswell as experience the spanish version as a kid which featured a different version of Big Bird named “Abelardo”

Despite understanding the better options for the show to be represented in Multiversus, i do like the idea of seeing a character get in as a fighter

I think Oscar the Grouch would be a good representative since he does look more like someone who attack someone if they try to come near him, but with a moveset based on his character what him coming from a preschool show, i can see him throwing trash, hurting opponents by closing his trashcan, shooting the word “Scram!”, and maybe swinging his trashcan around which might not even represent him well

There’s also Elmo, since he’s one of the main faces of the series, but there’s also Cookie Monster who i imagine would have cookies in his attacks.

Grover would be another workable opponent due to taking more punishment in the show(mostly getting injured) and the idea of him being Super Grover is a good context way for him to be represented as.

I also see Kermit the Frog working to due to having more time out in the action & having meme referencing material, unfortunately he was only a guess on the show and not one of the recurring characters & disney owns him too, which stinks given that he had history on sesame street and yet that was during his moody times.

“I AM KERMIT THE FROG AND I WANT MY KERMIT THE FROOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGG T-SHIRT!!!”

Edit at 12/22/22 at 10:01 PM:

Guitar Bass Intro
Spy Vs Spy
Series Theme: Spy Vs. Spy Theme

50%: Spy Vs. Spy is a series from The MAD Magazines that focuses on two pointy bird like spies who go out of their way to kill each other in pretty funny ways leaving the winner to laugh for their victory.

The spies are among one of the most popular characters from MAD, appearing in both animated shows from FOX & Cartoon Network, had a slew of video games, appeared in commercials for Mountain Dew, a comic strip spin-off, and plenty of parody appearances such as Family Guy & Robot Chicken.

They are also having an upcoming movie that was originally going to be made by Ron Howard but was picked up by Rawson Marshall Thurber this year.

As said on here, the one question lingering for mad’s chances is whether or not WB will utilize anything from the series of magazines in multiversus..

70%: I remember watching MAD when it was on Cartoon Network and loved the Spy Vs. Spy segments, it was pretty entertaining watching the spies try to outwit & take out each other, i was mostly rooting for the white one in every segment.

I usually don’t see them in a fighting game scenario since i mostly don’t recognize them as fighters but now i’m seeing the idea of them working as a fighter, one would have to be a alternate to the other.

Nominated
Regular Show
Sam I Am
Buddy the Elf

I Also added the 2nd theme for my ranking on Sesame Street

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: Aqua Teen Hunger Force character
Chance: 57%
Want: 39%

Wile E. Coyote
Chance: 69.22%
Want: 71.88%

Noms List

50+
Kangaroo Jack x57
Space Ghost x53

25-49
Matt Cordell x45
Shaft x40
Concept: Any roster overlap with Smash x40
Homelander x36
Gilligan x35
Regular Show characters x35
Totally Spies rep x35
Shang Tsung x30
Sam I Am x30
Annoying Orange x29
Riverdale rep x28
Snow Miser x27
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25
Peppa Pig x25

1-24
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Uncle Grandpa x15
Yogi Bear x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Buddy the Elf x10
Sanda and/or Gaira x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Since it's fitting for this double day and because I don't have any jokes for Sesame Street on the top of my head, here's a clip:

Usually in situations like these where the more risque elements of MultiVersus become a factor in a character's chances, I'm more optimistic because the game is only rated T and so the mature material is relatively mild. But with a series such as this that has certain expectations ingrained by its audience, it's a tough situation. The violence in MultiVersus isn't too bad, but that and the swearing, plus references to drugs and such, may be a no go for Sesame Workshop. It's hard to know without a solid frame of reference. Though the fact that the only Sesame Street games that exist are strictly educational (to my knowledge) is quite telling. Overall, I don't think this is impossible, especially if they just get an announcer voice or something. But I'd be surprised if it comes to fruition.

Want: 20%

Even as a little kid I never got into Sesame Street. Pre-school shows just weren't for me and at that time I actually thought the muppets were kind of unsettling. That probably had to do with me watching horror films that included evil puppets and such at a young age. But regardless of the reason, that means that I lack the feeling of nostalgia that most people here have towards Sesame Street. I will admit that an announcer pack with some voices like The Count would be neat, hence why this ain't a 1% score. But as a whole I don't care about Sesame Street so I'm not begging for it to get any content.

An eternal rivalry to eclipse all rivalries

Chance: 20%

Mad is an interesting piece of Warner Bros history to speculate on. It's a satirical magazine line that started in 1952 and is actually still going to this day. There were a few cartoons made throughout the years, with the most prominent one being the Cartoon Network show in the early 2010's. The Spy is probably the most likely rep for Mad. They had their own segment in every episode in the CN show and they got their own merchandise such as games. They are overall a prominent character for the magazine and their antics provide good moveset potential. The only thing I can say against Spy is that it probably isn't a high priority for Warner Bros. In 2018 they ended newsstand (or newsagent depending on where you live) distribution for Mad and continued it in comic book stores and via subscriptions. So it's not necessarily a major success that would have WB rush to include it in MultiVersus.

Want: 80%

I grew up watching Mad on Cartoon Network and I thought it was very good. I can't speak for the magazines as I've never had a chance to read them, but the show's humor was spot on and it knew how to tackle material that kids would know without it coming across as "Hey, we are hip like the kids!". As for the Spy vs Spy skits, they reminded me of shows like classic Looney Tunes with the simple premise and slapstick humor. The skits were entertaining and I looked forward to them with each new episode. So yeah, I would be happy to see this character from my childhood make it into MultiVesus.

Noms: Matt Cordell x20

D

Deleted member

Chance - 30%
Spy VS Spy is a skit from MAD Magazine. Featuring a white Spy and a Balck spy attempting to take each other out in creative ways. It's been around since the 60s and is hands down the most famous skit from the magazine. It spawned two video games, advertising campaigns, and two television runs, one as shorts on the sketch show MadTV, and the other as part of Cartoon Network's MAD, where they had a skit every episode. MAD is a WB property, with the magazine even actually being a DC publication. A film based on the skits has been in on and off again development since 2011, with the most recent update being a director change in 2020. Who knows if it will actually happen, its been in development for over a decade, but it does mean there still is a future for the franchise. The Spies would have a pretty easy hook. One factor I could possibly see going against them is potential competition with MAD's mascot Alfred E. Newman. I also wonder if they may feel the Spies gimmick of fighting each other but be a little too similar to Tom & Jerry. But I don't think these things would effect their chances at all.

Want - 70%
Spy VS. Spy is something I'm aware of but don't have a ton of experience with but honestly, I've never read MAD, though I did see some of the show, but it's a very fun concept and they have fun designs. I think they'd make for a really fun and interesting platform fighter characters

Noms to Rue Bennett (Euphoria)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Craig Williams from Craig of the Creek, as well as Mothra, Queen of the Monsters.

Some videos to get into the mood to be a cartographer:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to call upon Mothra:

With the holidays right around the corner, I'm declaring that we take another break. This day will end on Friday, December 30th, which is the one year anniversary of this thread! In the meantime, enjoy yourselves.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Craig Williams (Craig of the Creek)

1671884706356.png

Chance: 65%

For anyone unfamiliar with the series: Craig of the Creek is a CN cartoon about the titular protagonist, a young boy living in the suburbs, and his two friends going on adventures in a creek where children formed their vast playgrounds in the wilderness. While it's quite grounded, the series is known for often going wild with the stuff characters imagine, giving it an unpredictable feeling. It began airing in 2018.

Let's start by pointing out that Craig of the Creek is currently one of the biggest original productions of Cartoon Network (not that there's a lot of competition). Created by the writers of the early Steven Universe, the cartoon has a slice-of-life style that resonated with audiences a lot for its diversity and wholesome content. So far, not only it has been going on strong for four seasons, it's confirmed to get another one, along with a spin-off focusing on Craig's little sister, as well as a movie.

Craig, while an ordinary boy by all accounts, doesn't hurt on the moveset department either. Not only does his roleplaying as a mage character make it a no-brainer to make him one in Multiversus, but he is also the gadgeteer of the group and is known for coming up with all kinds of tools to help him navigate the Creek. He can easily stand out among the more action-oriented CN characters, using his brains to fight akin to Velma.

However, there are two main issues holding him back: One, his series is just one among the many beloved CN entries and even if it's more relevant than most, the developers might prioritize older series with more vocal fanbases. Two, well, remember how I said Craig's cartoon was confirmed to get another season? Well, they confirmed that the fifth season will be the last one and WBD made a lot of cuts to it. Given the nature of the series and the recent management decisions, I suspect that the execs wanted to pull the plug on the show because of the queer content in it. Which may or may not hold him back but since Steven Universe was also cut short for the same reason and he's in this game, I'm not too worried.

Oh, yes, please! I started watching Craig of the Creek this year out of curiosity and I quickly binged the whole series! It quickly became one of my favorite CN shows ever. Sure, the sheer number of anime/video game references and 4th wall breaks are fun but it's the genuine way of approaching friends and family as a subject really got me. And Craig is a great protagonist! He's smart, friendly, and convincingly acts like a child, both by being endearingly dorky and curious.

I really want this show to have more of a presence among the network's crossovers and what better place to start than Multiversus? I think Craig approaching everything as if it's one of his make-pretend games would make his dialogues really fun and I want to see his character interactions based on drawing maps for other fighters' worlds.

Nominations: All noms to Migo (Smallfoot)

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on Craig due to I only saw bits and pieces of his series.

Mothra

Chance- 15%
Mothra is almost well known as Godzilla which makes me think she has higher than 10% chance at least. Mothra does run into similar issues to Godzilla regarding Toho. Since it is up to them if they are okay with Mothra being in Multiversus or not.

Want- 65%
Mothra has a pretty cool design in general and slightly prefer hers over Godzilla. I do want to see her pop up in crossover situations more too.

Noms
Totally Spies rep- x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The title of this show slaps

Chance: 60%

Craig of the Creek is one of Cartoon Network's biggest recent successes. It has received critical acclaim for its positive messages and diversity themes. With an upcoming 5th season, a spin-off show and a movie, I wouldn't be surprised if this show got representation in the near future. The only concern is that the fifth season was confirmed to be cut in half, which is another casualty of the frankly, ridiculous, decisions by David Zaslav, who is seemingly hell-bent on ruining animation for the company. However, taking Tony's word that the development of MultiVersus has not been interfered with by the merger, I do think animated characters are still safe.

Want: 55%

This show is after my time, but it sounds like a wonderful piece of television with its friendship and LGBTQ+ elements. Even if I have no personal attachment to it, I'd welcome Craig with open arms.

Mosura

Chance: 18%

Mothra debuted in her own film in 1961, simply called Mothra. This was in the era during Godzilla's hibernation between Godzilla Raids Again and King Kong vs Godzilla where Toho was experimenting with other kaiju like Rodan and Varen. Among these was Mothra, who would set herself a part from the pact. Mothra's OG film was different from any kaiju films at the time. Usually when you think of the term kaiju, you imagine a hostile giant monster that goes on a rampage. But with Mothra she's different. She is benign and cares for all living beings. When her twin fairies are kidnapped and brought to Japan, she beelines for them, only causing destruction because civilization just so happened to be in her path.

What this results in is Mothra being used as a catalyst to point out humanity's faults. If, say, Mothra flies over Japan and ruins cities, that's only because some greedy humans stole her fairies or her egg to use for profit. Mothra represents peace, beauty, life, and the need of balance in nature. In nearly every film she is in, they always end with an optimistic attitude and a message for humanity to learn from. It's no wonder why Mothra has stuck around for so long and has become one of the icons of the genre. After her film, she has become a mainstay in the Godzilla franchise, as well as getting her own trilogy of movies in the 90's. With such a dominance in the genre, Mothra is often known as the Queen of the Monsters, a well earned title.

Now with her being a staple of the Godzilla franchise and being extremely popular in her own right, she makes sense to be one of the first handful of kaiju to be chosen for MultiVersus. But does that make her likely? Well it's a bit complicated. Warner Bros' main connection to her outside of her being strongly tied to Godzilla is that she did appear in Godzilla King of the Monsters (2019) which is a film they distributed. The big issue is that sometime in the near future, Legendary will stop working with Warner Bros for the Monsterverse and instead go to Sony for distribution. WB is still being set up to distribute the next film, Godzilla and Kong. But after that there won't be anymore of that corporate synergy with the Godzilla brand.

To be frank, that does hurt the chances for Godzilla and all his related allies and rivals. Now it's not like Warner Bros needs to distribute a shiny new Mothra film for her to be eligible for the game, but when synergy for new material has been a consistent factor for newcomers, it does make you question if Warner Bros will want to get her especially since this is a third party property we are talking about. Also, there is another factor worth considering. Right now most of the demand for kaiju is going straight to Godzilla and Kong, but if both of those get in then it's a guessing game where the demand is going to be transferred to. I imagine Mothra will get more requests, no doubt, but there's other popular Godzilla characters as well such as Rodan, King Ghidorah, MechaGodzilla, Gigan, etc.

Overall, Mothra does have a lot going to for her. Her history and status speaks for themselves and she is a beloved character to this day. But right now with the lack of third party characters it's unknown how much of a property Warner Bros will gun for, particularly one that is being broken off from them.

I love Mothra, particularly for the reasons I stated in the second paragraph of the chance section. The original film is a classic with a likeable cast of characters, a sincere story and some impressive special effects for the time. I've also watched the Rebirth of Mothra trilogy and while not amazing, they are charming films that leave me with a warm, fuzzy feeling. Other than that, I don't have a lot to say. I already sang my praises for the Queen of the Monsters above and I think she's adorable.

Noms: Matt Cordell xMax

Calcs coming sometime soon

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
“Wanna just turn on the TV and not talk to each other?”-Bryson Williams
“Orrrrr We can go to the creek!
Bryson and i are going to the creek okay bye”
Craig Williams
His Theme: Theme of Craig of the Creek
Alt Theme: The Creek is Everywhere!

90%: Craig of the Creek is one of the current cartoon network shows that’s running at the moment and is set to officially come to an end later next year, the show features a boy named craig williams who goes to the creek in his neighborhood to meet kids who creates their own world of imagination with what they love such as riding bikes, playing horses, selling snakes, and lots more. Alongside his friends Kelsey, who likes medieval fantasy tales and JP who kinda feels like Ed from Ed, Edd n Eddy but a little less.

The show has been shown to be one of cartoon network’s best successes as it’s often used for stop bullying campaigns and tackles topics related to kids who have disabilities which makes it special.

In terms of being in Multiversus, it would make sense to promote the show but a little off if they take craig out of his creative yet grounded life to fight in a world that’s actually real but i imagine they’d go with his imagination & create a real way for him to work around in the game. Besides that Tony Hugh has shown to like Craig of the Creek which would boost the shows chances,
plus earlier on Craig was found in the datamines with Garnet having lines for him meaning he’s already in the early stages of being playable, but at the moment his data is gone which would mean they’re hiding the progression of new fighters to keep things secret. it’s unknown if he’s being saved or not considering characters can get scrapped, though at the moment he might be saved.

71%: Back before i stopped watching it. i consider craig of the creek a good show and now i think it’s a bit higher than that now, after looking at some episodes i find some of the episodes were they take something simple & make it into something interesting such as the episode were Kelsey meets a girl who has a pet hamster and plays in giant hamster tubes(That episode also tackled dealing with loss too), the show’s good although i wasn’t a fan of how much attention it get not for anything too bad just wasn’t a fan of how the network treated itself a while back.

Anyways, Craig in Multiversus i imagine would be interesting in the game, he would most likely take a similar approach as Arya were they apply realistic stuff with his gear albeit it’d be more like craig using his staff to summon characters or helpful items to give for himself and his teammates, i can see his bag working like an inventory for anything he’d take out or pick up similar to Villager

I always imagine Kelsey being a perfect rep due to her being a fighter like character, but i’m okay with Craig getting in.

Edit at 12/26/22 at 1:01 PM: Added Craig's Quote, if there's a good one i should've used then please let me know.

Now for Mothra

“If the world lives to see another century, please remember what Mothra did for you and the planet you live in”-Shobijin
Mothra
Her Theme: Queen of the Monsters from Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Alt Theme: N/A

30%: Mothra is one of the iconic kaiju in Godzilla present in the showa & heisei era aswell as the current monsterverse era, she’s appeared pretty much in every godzilla film known demand

Unlike all the other monsters who go and destroy everything, mothra serves to protect humanity from them although sometimes she actually does cause havoc this is mostly due to someone making a wrong doing to set her off.

In terms of her chances, mothra’s likely stuck in the same issue that Godzilla’s been getting recently, the series used to have a close relationship with Warner Brothers during the monsterverse era and is getting one more movie later on, however Legendary Entertainment is going to depart from them soon and move on to work with Sony.

This would put Godzilla back in 3rd party territory for warner to get & it might be hard to deal with due to what WB Games’ current runner said about 3rd parties and potentially getting more money to convince Toei.

50%: I’ve never seen any movies with mothra in it, the only piece of media i’ve first discovered her in was the NES Godzilla Creepypasta Story based on Godzilla: Monster of Monsters.

After hearing about what she represents i wish to have something like her protecting this world

Nominations
Snow Miser
Buddy the Elf

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I legit can't hear Mothra's name without remembering her song. It's stuck in my head now and will remain there for the rest of the year.

Mothra is a giant moth kaiju (highly original name, I know) and one of the most iconic characters in the Godzilla franchise. She is one of the main good guy Kaiju, so much so that her first crossover appearance had her fight Godzilla and she was the hero, not him. This staple role has earned her the title of Queen of Monsters (at least, I'm assuming that's why. If there's a movie out there in which she hooks up with the big G – to the jealousy of Kong – don't spoil it for me). There have been many standalone Mothra movies, some of which are held in very high regard by genre fans.

There is no doubt that Mothra is one of the foremost characters in her genre and franchise. She definitely comes to mind as a potential fighter (and her support abilities would work great in MultiVersus' duos). And she has a MonsterVerse incarnation, if that's the route they wanna take (more in that later). But, even with the obvious Godzilla and Kong out of the way, she still has to contend with Godzilla's nemesis King Ghidorah, and that's assuming the franchise wants more than just the two characters the mainstream is familiar with.

Also important: Legendary, the studio that makes the MonsterVerse movies (and holds the videogame rights for those incarnations) has now found a new partner in Universal. The next MonsterVerse movie will be released by WB, but the franchise has already taken steps to become studio agnostic (there's a Godzilla show set up at Apple TV+ and a Kong anime at Netflix) but if they switch studios for good it'll be the end of WB's relationship with the franchise. If they even see it as a possibility, they probably won't take the plunge for MultiVersus.

Mothra is great. I love her original movie with its wacky lore. In case you're not familiar, Mothra is kind of the patron goddess of... I guess you could call them Lilliputians, from an uncharted island that was used for nuclear testing. So anyway, there's these two twin sisters who can control (or at least summon) Mothra through a song. Even beyond that, Mothra (and later on her children) is the MVP against King Ghidorah, which is probably the most creative and awesome implementation of an "underdog" Kaiju I've seen. Amazing **** to behold. So yeah I'm a Mothra fan through and through.

I'll probably rate Craig later

D

Deleted member

Moth (Wo)man
Chance - 5%
Mothra is a giant Moth who appeared in the 1961 film of the same name before becoming a recurring character in the Godzilla franchise, appearing as both an enemy and ally to the big G in several films, and also getting her own reboot trilogy in the 90s. She's appeared in most Godzilla video games and tie in material and made her Monsterverse debut alongside Rodan and Ghidorah in 2019's King of the Monsters. She's probably one of the most famous Kaiju. I think the two things she has going against her are moveset potential, she's literally a giant Moth, and while we do have gaint characters in this game, it could still present some logistical issues. I also think if the Monsterverse gets characters the three most likely are the big G himself, King Kong and Mechagodzilla. I don't realisticly see us getting more than that.

Want - 40%
Mothra is a a kaiju I like, but she wasn't even on my radar for this game. But you know what, playing as a huge Moth sounds pretty fun. Godzilla and Kong should definitely get in first, but I'd be up for how they handle this

Craig of da Creek
Chance- 78%
Craig of the Creek is a more recent Cartoon Network show. Focusing on Craig and and his friends as they have adventures in the Creek. It's fairly recent in the long run of things, only staring in 2018. It ran for 5 seasons and has been priased for its characters and LGBT content. The game director is a fan of the seires. Most importantly there was evidence of Craig found in the games files . However we do know that plans can change. The series was cut short and then canceled during the current WB regimes attack on the animation department. Personally, I don't think this would effect them as I think if they wanna put Craig in they'll put him in, and I'd still say he's pretty likely, just maybe not the sure fire bet I would have said he was a coupe of months ago.

Want - Abstain
I've never seen this show. It seems cool but I just don't have the time or a ton of interest into getting into soemthing like this at this point in time. Craig seems cool and like he could be a fun character to play as.

Noms to Rue

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: Sesame Street content
Chance: 6.13%
Want: 62.14%

Spy (Spy vs Spy)
Chance: 26%
Want: 78%

Noms List

50+
Kangaroo Jack x65
Matt Cordell x65
Shaft x60
Space Ghost x53

25-49
Totally Spies rep x45
Concept: Any roster overlap with Smash x40
Regular Show characters x40
Homelander x36
Gilligan x35
Sam I Am x35
Shang Tsung x30
Annoying Orange x29
Riverdale rep x28
Snow Miser x27
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25
Peppa Pig x25
Barbie x25

1-24
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Venture Brothers rep x17
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Osmosis Jones x15
Leonidas x15
Fortnite rep x15
Uncle Grandpa x15
Buddy the Elf x15
Yogi Bear x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Alex DeLarge x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Sanda and/or Gaira x10
Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep x10
Rue Bennett x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Concept: Milf Manor stage x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Tanjiro x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Concept: A 7 grand dad reference within Flintstone content, as well as Concept: On Cinema content.

Some videos to get into the meme mood:

And here are some videos to get into the comedy show mood:

A reminder that this is the last day of the schedule. So make those noms count.

And on a side note, this thread is now one year old! How times fly.

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose!

Chance: 1%

On Cinema is...a lot. The series is the brainchild of comedians Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington. The two play fictionalized versions of themselves hosting a movie review show called On Cinema at the Cinema. Though it began as a podcast satirizing the state of film criticism of its time, it has evolved into its own vast universe including 13 seasons of "reviews," a spin-off show with 6 seasons of its own (Decker), live appearances, 9 Oscar Specials, a movie, and a four hour long mini-series where Tim is on trial for 20 counts of murder. The trial in particular has been acclaimed for its attention to detail and accuracy to real life court proceedings. However, due to the sheer amount of content, On Cinema can be difficult to get into and even harder to recommend to outsiders. The humor is extremely dry, and the series frequently calls back to characters and events established in previous seasons to the point where it can be punishing to not pay attention.

While at first appearing to be a normal Internet review show, On Cinema truly is anything but. The two hosts provide very limited if any insight toward the films they're meant to be reviewing, often not even seeing them at all. Practically every film featured has been awarded the maximum score of "5 bags of popcorn." Tim's character uses the show as a platform to promote his own ill fated ventures; music, TV shows, alternative medicine, various far right views and conspiracies (the real life Tim Heidecker is left leaning) - basically anything except movies. Gregg on the other hand is a self proclaimed film buff, although his understanding of the medium is to put it generously, flawed. He keeps a vast collection of VHS tapes he dubs the "Victorville Film Archive" and insists VHS is the premiere means of viewing film. The two hosts despise each other and often get into fights on the air mostly related to Tim straying off topic or the perceived worthlessness of Gregg's segments. However, when left to their own devices, the show has even less focus, as even episodes where Gregg hosts do not have him reviewing a single movie. One of the most recurring gags revolves around the second (The Wrath of Khan) and fourth (The Voyage Home) Star Trek films. Gregg believes the second takes place in San Francisco with the fourth taking place in space while Tim correctly asserts that this is completely wrong, even calling the director of Star Trek II to testify as a way to discredit Gregg's testimony during his trial.

Due to the series' surreal nature, On Cinema has attracted a strong cult following. Fans of the series take sides with either Tim (TimHeads) or Gregg (GreggHeads) and hold mock arguments with each other based on the direction of the show. Audience members are even encouraged to participate in the Oscar Specials through polls conducted during the show. The fanbase for On Cinema is so dedicated that as of 2022, the series is entirely funded by fans. In 2020, Adult Swim declined to continue producing the show, so Tim and Gregg used crowdfunding and later a dedicated streaming platform (itself woven into the narrative) to generate the funds to continue producing content. One of the strangest examples of On Cinema fandom can be found within the Marvel Cinematic Universe of all places. The real life Gregg Turkington has a minor role in Ant-Man as the manager of Baskin Robbins. Within the show, Ant-Man director Peyton Reed appears as a guest during the 3rd Oscar Special and reveals he offered Gregg the role based on his performance in Decker. Angered at being "humiliated" on live TV, Tim pays off the director of Fant4stic to appear in a blockbuster as well, though he denies having paid anyone. Tim would later appear as the boat captain in Ant-Man & The Wasp, and Gregg is set to reprise his role in Quantumania.

Anyway, talk about the series itself aside, I have severe doubts any content would ever be featured in Multiversus. The property is extremely niche and despite its longevity and cult following, there's likely not much of an audience overlap between OnCinemaHeads and the Multiversus community. There's also the issue of ownership. While Adult Swim did produce the show up through and including Season 11, they declined to continue production which itself indicates a lack of interest from the corporate side. As Tim and Gregg continue producing the show independently, Adult Swim does not even own the property, so the team would need permission to use it at all. On Cinema also heavily references copyrighted content with the most frequent offenders (James Bond, The Hobbit, Kramer v. Kramer, Star Trek, and the Academy Awards) not being available for WB to use. It's absolutely possible to have On Cinema without these references, but Gregg would feel significantly toned down, although he believes "Oscar" is spelled "Oscer" and Oh, God is owned by WB outright so some of his film "expertise" could remain intact.

Overall, I feel like a fighter is completely out of the question. The best chance I could see for either comedian is Tim Heidecker himself getting in, though his moveset would be derived from Tim & Eric sketches rather than On Cinema, and even that isn't very likely at all. A stage is a littler more plausible, with the Victorville Film Center or the Electric Sun Desert Music Festival being viable options, but given the approach to stages thus far, this is still unlikely. I feel the best way to represent On Cinema would be an announcer pack featuring Tim and Gregg. Of all forms of representation that could feasibly occur in Multiversus, this is the most reasonable, but given the lack of demand and aforementioned issues, I'd give it one bag of popcorn for chance. The scale does not go to zero (except when it does).

I'm normally not a fan of media that requires one to get the equivalent of a college education to get into it but I was a massive OnCinemaHead a few years ago. It'd be so funny for a property like this to make it in just for the absurdity of it all. The story is absolutely wild and at points plays out like a live action cartoon. I won't lie, it's not for everyone and the commitment is intense but the satire of lazy film criticism combined with the unfolding misadventures of two of the worst people imaginable tickles my sense of humor perfectly. The Trial is still one of the funniest things I've ever watched. I'm happy that it still has an audience and that they're willing to keep producing the show as long as people are willing to support it. I've been off the MCU train for a while now but reading that Gregg's back in Ant-Man 3 had me dying. A definite 5 bagger for sure with the one true Master of Codes back in it.

While I don't think a fighter is particularly likely, a theoretical Tim/Gregg tag team would be the most dysfunctional character imaginable and I'm here for it. I see it working like if you're playing as Tim, it would actively hinder you when you switch to Gregg and vice versa. I do believe the announcer pack is the way to go and having the two hosts bickering as the fight plays out or hearing Gregg's "insight" toward a character would be hilarious. I'll give it five bags of popcorn and a little Shaggy figure for want.

ON CINEMA ™ & ©HEI Network, All Rights Reserved. BAGS of POPCORN Rating System ™ HEI Network, Used With Permission.

Noms: All on Concept: Milf Manor Stage

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Push Start to Rich: 28%
7 Grand Dad doesn't necessarily have the same star power as Ultra Instinct Shaggy or Big Chungus (the most viewed Big Chungus themed YouTube video has 14M views, the most viewed UI Shaggy video has 33M, the most viewed Grand Dad themed YouTube video has 4.6M views), however I don't think that makes a nod to the grandest of dads inherently impossible - for one thing, while not exactly 33M, 4.6M views isn't something to scoff at: that's more views than all official uplods of the Multiversus reveal trailer! (not combined mind you) That doesn't necessarily mean the MVS devs know of Grand Dad/Vinesauce/SiIvaGunner, but it does at least mean it's not impossible

Grand Dad would be extremely simple to represent in MVS - the Grand Dad/Fortran poses and burgandy-salmon-cyan colour scheme are more than recognisable enough on their own and don't require any direct allusions to Mario, fitting nicely as a taunt/jump animation and alt costume respectively, or even just something as simple as the website bio briefly referencing this piece of the Flintstones canon with a very specific wording.

I think there's two main issues in Grand Dad's disfavour:
  1. Grand Dad's roots as an illegal bootleg. Bootlegs being acknowledged by the media they're ripping off is nothing new (hell, the entire fighting game genre as we know it today was built off of Street Fighter 2 ROM hacks), but I can absolutely imagine there being cold feet for this specific scenario given MVS is - like it or not - a game made to sell other WB products.
  2. The bigger of the two: Grand Dad just being a niche meme, being tied to video game music (niche subculture) and bootleg games (niche illegal subculture) - while I have no doubt someone at PFG or higher up at WB knows of 7 Grand Dad (corporate guys are almost always more privy than you'd expect), I can imagine worries of backlash/confusion against "Fred's ugly skin" or "Fred's weird choppy animation" keeping the Dad at bay, or possibly just the portion of the team aware of the bootleg being too small for the idea to be greenlit.

I don't think the ties to Mario are an issue persay, they made Shaggy into a literal Goku expy after all, I don't think an animation or skin that alludes to an allusion to Mario would be too big a deal. It's not like Mario invented "jumping with your fist up", and the meme already comes with a pre-packaged legally distinct 王 hat if they want to dress Fred up in overalls

All noms towards Peppa.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
“GRAND DAD!.....Fleenstooooonnnnees!?”-Joel
Grand Dad
The Meme's Theme: Title Theme from The Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino & Happy
What the F**k!?: White Wing Dynablade by Silvagunner

50%: Grand Dad is a meme that came from a youtube channel called “Vinesauce” were one of it’s well known video game players Joel plays a ROM hack based on a NES Flintstones game called “The Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino & Happy”

The joke comes from the youtuber joel who pretty much yells out Grand Dad’s name and gets confused a bit for the humor, spawning it into a meme on the internet, it was also used by SilvaGunner, a channel that used to upload nintendo music before changing it to edited meme songs then his channel was deleted, made a parody song of a Kirby Super Star called White Wing Dynablade which included the grand dad meme in the start and SMG4 who made a video called “The Bootleg Dimension” were grand dad served as the antagonist.

For Multiversus, the meme is likely to get referenced but only if the flintstones is included and if it does there is the possibility of fred flintstone saying along the lines of “I am one big GRAND DAD” calling back the meme itself, Shaggy does have the ultra instinct memes as his main inspiration and while fred wouldn’t do so either it would still likely be referenced due to it’s cult status if they get the flintstones.

There is the possibility of them not referencing grand dad if we consider the tom & jerry meme faces and the adventure time memes not being reference although they might be an entirely different ordeal….but then again tony could be asked to reference them & he might as well do…but we don’t wanna be here all night.

59%: i would be happy seeing grand dad get referenced in the game, if fred flintstone does get in it’d love to see him reference it especially from the idea of what the dialogue would be from the chance score.

On Cinema
Abstain: for now i want to go and take a break from rating here to focus on other stuff & gain some more time to gather my thoughts for future characters/series aswell as researching.

Nominations
Regular Show
Sam I Am
Snow Miser
Buddy the Elf

Top Bottom