• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"Thank You, Thank You Very Much"
Elvis Presley
His Theme: Hound Dog
50%: Elvis is an iconic music star that has made several songs from the 50's to the late 70's As explained by some of the folks above, Elvis had a movie recently that was a huge success and was even praised by his family too.

The film being this popular would be able to give signs for Presley to appear, however there could be the issue with how the license of elvis from the music estate would be when it comes to updating him as stated by KingofMoths and if elvis' family would allow the idea of him being in a fighting game if done right they likely would approve,

but this all depends on whether or not the licensing for elvis is too pricey for him to be used so i guess the future will only tell what happens.

60%: I remember listening to some of Elvis' music & like few of them, though i've never seen the movie so now i'm curious about it. In terms of seeing him in the game, i would find it kinda funny to see him do some dance moves to attack his opponents or use kung fu abilities to show that he knows combat.

I'll just have to see whether or not he'll be considered but for now i'm all in.

"Make Sense? Oh, What Fun is There in Making Sense?"
Discord
His Theme: Discord(Remix) by The Living Tombstone(The Only Track i could find for him)
40%: I've mentioned before that My Little Pony can potentially happen if they have the rights to use it, however i've also stated that fans aren't asking for My Little Pony, at least that much.

However, if My Little Pony is a bit expensive for them to use with Hasbro's help then it's possible discord might be one of the unlikely reps of the series to make it, though who knows.

35%: I have no opinions on discord though i don't hate him, i just don't see him as a pick that people would want for the game compare to Twilight, Rainbow, or Even Pinkie. While he could have an interesting moveset, he's too unlikely to make it in especially if My Little Pony gets considered.

New Nominations
Prohyas & Vambre x10
Kazuma & Co.(Konosuba was one HBO Max Once) x10

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Elvis Presley

Chance- 1%
I think Elvis being a famous music icon might actually hurt his chances instead. Since I think the developers has to go through a bunch of legal in order to get Elvis in. Also there is a possibility he might be too expensive to get.

Want- 70%
It will be cool to see a music icon Multiversus. Also I really like music based movesets and Elvis has a potential to do that.

Discord

Chance- 1%
He is a notable villain in the My Little Pony series for sure. But Hasbro is rather stingy about their characters being in games like these. I also don't see him happening before the main six.

Want- 0%
I am not too particularly interested in him. Also there are more MLP characters I prefer over him

Noms
Sailor Moon- x10

D

Deleted member

An't Nothing but a Hound Dog
Chance - 1%
Elvis is up there with the Beetles as the most recognizable music artists in the whole world. Even if you've never heard an Elvis song you're familiar with him just purely on the various tropes about him that have made their way into popular culture. Every cartoon for a long time would have their token Elvis character. He has an extremely striking, visually recognizable image. WB did just put out Baz Lurman's Elvis, starring Austin Butler as the King, which grossed extremely well at the Box office and has been a critical darling. We know real people aren't off the table as they literally just put actual real life basketball player Lebron James into this platform fighting game. And I wouldn't be surprised if we get at least one more. However, Elvis is dead, and I wonder how comfortable his family would be with having him duke it out with Batman and Bugs Bunny, but they have seemingly let various other parodies happen. There are also characters like Johnny Bravo who have Elvis like traits who could be added. I just don't see them thinking about putting Elvis in this fighting game if I'm honest. But then again, after Lebron and with roumors of characters like Ted Lasso. I don't really think anything is off the table.

Want - 20%
You know what? This is such a bizzare off the wall bonkers idea that I kind of want it to happen now. It's actually not that hard to come up with what an Elvis moveset would look like.

Howling at the Moon
Chance - 0%
I talked previously about MLP when we rated Pinkie Pie. But to summarise: I think there's a chance but it's not huge. There is a connection but it's more through the Disovery side of things. MLP is definitely both iconic and popular. Though they'd have to go to Hasbro to get a rep, and I do wonder if Hasbro may push for a more action series such as Gi Joe or Transformers. However. Even if My Little Pony was to get a rep, I feel one of the actual ponies makes much more sense. And even if it got more than one rep I think they'd still just go for ponies. He's an iconic villian to the series but it's all about the Ponies. I don't really see Discord being picked.

Want - Abstain
I barely remember much about this guy if I'm honest. I wouldn't be opposed to him getting in but we should probably get a Pony if we had to get an MLP rep.

Noms to Larry David

Last edited by a moderator:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I've noticed some people aren't posting on here for a while now.

Is everyone okay?

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
William Cage
Chance: 26.67%
Want: 64%

Roger Smith
Chance: 12.67%
Want: 79.17%

Noms List

75+

50-74

25-49
Concept: Another Steven Universe rep x35
Marceline x30
Jason Voorhees x30
Sailor Moon x26
Wile E. Coyote x25
Mob x25
Courage x25

1-24
The Gilmore Girls x24
The Mask x22
Spike (Gremlins) x21
John Gotti x20
Sesame Street content x20
Larry David x20
Mac & Bloo x18
Sheldon Cooper x15
Gone With the Wild content x15
Naruto x15
The Doctor x15
Jackie Chan x11
Leonardo (TMNT) x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Evangelion character x10
Simon the Digger x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
Jolyne Cujoh x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Code Lyoko rep x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

King of bangers

Chance: Abstain

Another character who I'm struggling to pinpoint their chances and I need to change the day now.

Want: 90%

You telling me I want that classic voice and a music-based moveset in MultiVersus? Absoposilutely. I think giving him a faithful moveset would be a fun and respectful nod to his legacy.

The dragon guy, not the app

Chance: 25%

Just like I said in my other MLP rating, the IP is huge with some connection to WB so they might consider putting it into MultiVersus. The big question is in regards to priority. Discord is a big and popular villain in the series, but when would they go for him? Would they go for him after just one of the ponies, or after multiple? And who knows how many reps we'll get considering Hasbro may or may not be a big obstacle (I've heard some things about them but without knowing any of that I can't say it will go either way).

Want: 50%

I gave Pinkie Pie a 60% since while I'm not a MLP fan at all, I respect the IP and I find her hijinks to be funny. When it comes to Discord, I wouldn't want him to be the first rep, hence a lower score. But from what I saw with the clips, I wouldn't mind him being the second or third rep. He seems very entertaining.

Noms:
Mob x5
Courage x5

Day over.

Rate Goku from Dragon Ball, as well as Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece.

Some songs to get into the mood to rock the dragon:

And here are some songs to get into the pirate mood, courtesy of Sari Sari

Both shows have been distributed by WB via Cartoon Network and Toonami.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
William Cage
Chance: 26.67%
Want: 64%

Roger Smith
Chance: 12.67%
Want: 79.17%

Noms List

75+

50-74

25-49
Concept: Another Steven Universe rep x35
Marceline x30
Jason Voorhees x30
Sailor Moon x26
Wile E. Coyote x25
Mob x25
Courage x25

1-24
The Gilmore Girls x24
The Mask x22
Spike (Gremlins) x21
John Gotti x20
Larry David x20
Mac & Bloo x18
Sheldon Cooper x15
Gone With the Wild content x15
Naruto x15
The Doctor x15
Jackie Chan x11
Leonardo (TMNT) x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Evangelion character x10
Simon the Digger x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
Jolyne Cujoh x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Code Lyoko rep x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

King of bangers

Chance: Abstain

Another character who I'm struggling to pinpoint their chances and I need to change the day now.

You telling me I want that classic voice and a music-based moveset in MultiVersus? Absoposilutely. I think giving him a faithful moveset would be a fun and respectful nod to his legacy.

The dragon guy, not the app

Chance: 25%

Just like I said in my other MLP rating, the IP is huge with some connection to WB so they might consider putting it into MultiVersus. The big question is in regards to priority. Discord is a big and popular villain in the series, but when would they go for him? Would they go for him after just one of the ponies, or after multiple? And who knows how many reps we'll get considering Hasbro may or may not be a big obstacle (I've heard some things about them but without knowing any of that I can't say it will go either way).

I gave Pinkie Pie a 60% since while I'm not a MLP fan at all, I respect the IP and I find her hijinks to be funny. When it comes to Discord, I wouldn't want him to be the first rep, hence a lower score. But from what I saw with the clips, I wouldn't mind him being the second or third rep. He seems very entertaining.

Noms:
Mob x5
Courage x5

Day over.

Rate Goku from Dragon Ball, as well as Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece.

Some songs to get into the mood to rock the dragon:

And here are some songs to get into the pirate mood, courtesy of Sari Sari

Both shows have been distributed by WB via Cartoon Network and Toonami.
You Forgot My Nominations

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
But can they beat Goku

Chance: 50%

If there's any anime/manga character to go for it's Goku. Dragon Ball is the most popular and influential anime/manga series ever, any shonen series can trace itself back to Dragon Ball laying the basic groundwork. Nothing comes close to it. Goku himself is an extremely popular and iconic character, whenever anyone asks about VS type match ups it's always "Can they beat Goku?" that comes up when a character has absurd feats. Goku has a balloon at the Thanksgiving Parade too. The only real obstacle is Toei and they can be a pain to deal with but I find to be as simple as "Can the team get Goku?" because he's a thousand percent on the mind, it's a real 50/50 for him.

Want: 100%

Absolutely up for it. Not only can people do Goku vs Superman or even Goku teaming up with Superman, you also have Shaggy taking inspiration from his UI memes which would lead to some extremely fun interactions. Plus it's Goku, it's hard to not want him even if only for having him in the same game as Superman

One Piece still not found

Chance: 47%

Luffy is hot on the heels of Goku. One Piece is massive as well, albeit not quite at Dragon Ball's level. That said there's still a major appeal there and if they're considering anime characters then Luffy is also gonna be heavily on the mind.

Want: Abstain

I haven't bothered with One Piece because that ****'s too ****ing long.

Noms:
All on Jolyne Cujoh

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
But can they beat Goku

Chance: 50%

If there's any anime/manga character to go for it's Goku. Dragon Ball is the most popular and influential anime/manga series ever, any shonen series can trace itself back to Dragon Ball laying the basic groundwork. Nothing comes close to it. Goku himself is an extremely popular and iconic character, whenever anyone asks about VS type match ups it's always "Can they beat Goku?" that comes up when a character has absurd feats. Goku has a balloon at the Thanksgiving Parade too. The only real obstacle is Toei and they can be a pain to deal with but I find to be as simple as "Can the team get Goku?" because he's a thousand percent on the mind, it's a real 50/50 for him.

Absolutely up for it. Not only can people do Goku vs Superman or even Goku teaming up with Superman, you also have Shaggy taking inspiration from his UI memes which would lead to some extremely fun interactions. Plus it's Goku, it's hard to not want him even if only for having him in the same game as Superman

One Piece still not found

Chance: 47%

Luffy is hot on the heels of Goku. One Piece is massive as well, albeit not quite at Dragon Ball's level. That said there's still a major appeal there and if they're considering anime characters then Luffy is also gonna be heavily on the mind.

Want: Abstain

I haven't bothered with One Piece because that ****'s too ****ing long.

Noms:
All on Jolyne Cujoh
One Piece is the best selling manga and comic in general ever released. If anything, Dragon Ball is on it's heels

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
You Forgot My Nominations
If you are talking about Prohyas & Vambre and Kazuma & Co, I haven't gotten to them yet. Remember that I do the noms for the day before.

And while I have you here, where do Proyhas and Vambre come from and what is their connection to Warner Bros?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
An anime blondie and a stretchy boi

Chance for both: 60%

I'll talk about both of these characters at once since they are essentially in the same position. Goku and Luffy are huge icons and are often put in the top Shonen trinity alongside Naruto. You can also make a case for both of them. Dragon Ball is the anime that is most responsible for popularizing anime in the West and has its iconic attributes like the Kamehameha, transformations, and imagery like the dragon balls. But One Piece, as GaminGryff points out, is the best selling manga of all time. So when you consider all that, I can see Warner Bros going for both at the same time, especially since they have the same owners.

Speaking of rights, this is something that needs to be cleared. From what I researched, the rights to both IPs ultimately go to the publishing company Shueisha. Toei owns the rights to the anime, and Bandai Namco has the gaming licenses. So Warner Bros would have to go to at least Shueisha and Bandai Namco, if not Toei as well. This is the main reason why my chance scores aren't super high as there are a lot of legal barriers to go through. But considering Warner Bros is giant company as well and with how huge these IPs would be for MultiVersus, I can see the team going through the process to retrieve them. Basically, if you want to bring even more hype to your game, this is how you do it.

Want for Goku: 100%

I used to really be into Dragon Ball. These days, not so much. Heck, I haven't been caught up on DB Super for years now. But it's still a franchise that I am fond of. I watched most of the anime (I cheated a bit by mostly watching the fight scenes and best of compilations when I first got into it), played a ton of the games, and watched every movie up until Battle of Gods and Resurrection of Frieza. While DBZ is partially responsible for some bad anime trends (such as long as **** transformation scenes, drawn out moments, and overall a lot of filler), it's still a kickass series with plenty of hype moments. I also love the soundtrack. If we are able to get any of the songs listed above, I would be ecstatic. Plus Dragon Ball is such a big part of pop culture that it feels required.

Want for Luffy: 80%

One Piece on the other hand....I was never a fan. I caught a couple episodes on TV when I was younger, but I didn't care for the story and I do not like many of the character designs. Up until recently I would have given Luffy a 50 just out of respect. So what changed? Two words: Pirate Warriors. I've become obsessed with Musou games recently and while I wasn't planning on buying the game, my best friend convinced me. We live in different states and love musou games, and it just so happens that Pirate Warriors 4 is one of the only handful of Warriors games that has online co-op. So I got the game, I learned more about the characters and lore...and I'm enjoying it.

Now I still wouldn't consider myself a One Piece fan, but I have a better understanding of why it has such a massive fanbase. From my experience with watching the cutscenes and seeing the major events in the arcs such as the Marineford Arc and Whole Cake Island Arc, there are at least two things that make One Piece work:
1. It goes all in on its bat**** crazy premise. The fight scenes are over the top and stupid, and yet it works because of how much it commits to that stupidness.
2. The dynamic between the straw hat pirates. You can tell how much they really care for each other. Even when they get into a big argument and one of them leaves, eventually they'll get back together, stronger than ever. And that's just wholesome.

Even beyond those points, Luffy just has really cool moveset potential with his stretching body parts that he uses to pound opponents in 10 different ways. So yeah, he gets my approval.

Noms:
Jason Voorhees x5
Mob x5
Courage x5
The Mask x5

Calcs are coming soonish

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Goku

Chance- 70%
He is one of the super rare anime characters who has over a 60% chance. Despite Toei and Shuiesha being tricky sometimes, they love to put out Dragon Ball much as they could. Also his series appearing in Fortnite shows that Goku has a promising chance.

Want- 60%
A Dragon Ball character would be pretty cool in this series and Goku is a pretty good character. Although I prefer Piccolo or Tien over him but he would be a decent addition.

Luffy

Chance- 60%
Luffy is similar to Goku where he also have a pretty good chance out of anime characters. His series is big enough that similar to Goku Shueisha and Toei are probably going to make things easier for the devs due to how big his series are and them loving to show their series practically everywhere.

Want- 0%
I wasn't a huge fan of One Piece. So I am not too interested in him.

Noms
Sailor Moon- x10

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"Yo! I'm Goku"
Goku
His Theme: Dragon Soul

50%: Goku would be a good character to have Multiversus and a fitting one for the game than Smash Bros, As people from above pointed out he is a icon of pop culture & would bring more attention to this game since Goku does have a fighting game or VS in general status of who can beat goku, Though mostly because people really love Dragon Ball.

What puts Goku pretty low is that he may not be the easiest anime character to get and from what Danganzilla says, not only would they go through Toei, But the original share holders Shueisha & bandai namco for the gaming rights, all of this would have to be pulled off if the developers are really advocating for Goku but we'll have to see if Warner Brothers chooses to go for dragon ball which they likely would due to them being rich.

48%: I watched Dragon Ball Z Kai a long time ago and never got passed from the first part of the Cell Saga, i remember seeing a couple of Battle of Gods, but in terms of Dragon Ball Content i've only seen the devilartemis videos with Perfect Cell with Kermit the Frog(Don't Trust Me Then Look Up Devilartemis).

I don't have much impressions for Goku and i was a little bothered by him when my brother was obsessed over him years ago but i never had a problem with him, i just had never seen a lot of Dragon Ball.

"I'm Gonna Be The Pirate King"
Luffy
His Theme: Overtaken

49%: One Piece is another shonen jump series that's famous over in japan and GamingGryff has pointed out that it is the most selling Manga/Anime of all.

My Only Wondering thought is would it be enough for Luffy to make it as far as i'm concern Goku seems like the most obvious shonen character they'd go for and getting him alongside Luffy & even Naruto would be too much, though i also believe it's possible they'd get all three of them including Luffy due to their legacy with Warner(on Toonami) & in general.

I was neutral on this hence why it's in-between 50 & 48.

Abstain: I've never got to know One Piece all that much and i'd rather cut the show in half to make it easy for me to binge watch, the first time i saw one piece was from the 4kids dub funnily enough.

As for seeing luffy in the game, i think he has potential to work well so it be alright.

Nominating
Evangelion Character
Simon the Digger

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Goku

Chance: 15%
Dragon Ball is definitely popular enough to warrant a spot. It's easily one of the most recognizable anime in the whole world and has influenced a ton of other series (including One Piece). Things like Kamehameha and Super Saiyan are so ingrained into pop culture that it'd make sense for Goku to clash with a ton of other iconic fictional characters.

The main hurdle for Goku (as well as Luffy) is that Bandai Namco has had the videogame publishing rights for most Shonen series since 2009. So if the MultiVersus devs wanted either character in the game, they'd probably have to talk with Shueisha and Namco which could pose issues.

I watched some anime in the past, but Dragon Ball was the one that officially got me hooked into watching more. It's one of my favorite anime series and one that you've probably come across at least once in your life. Goku would be stupid fun especially if we have access to a bunch of forms outside of just SSJ1. Oh and this will probably be the only shot we'll ever have at an official Goku and Superman crossover. That alone is worth the 100%.

-----

Luffy

Chance: 15%
One Piece is the best-selling manga in history and just recently outsold the lifetime sales of both Harry Potter and even freaking BATMAN (keep in mind that Batman had a nearly 60 year head start from One Piece). One Piece Film Red, which released in Japan just the other day, had the 2nd best single-day debut for a Japanese film in history (not just for anime films, we're talking films in general). On top of this, it's even getting a live action Netflix adaptation with a budget around the same level as Game of Thrones. If the MultiVersus devs are considering anime characters than I think Luffy is definitely at the front of their minds.

Despite better sales, I don't think that puts Luffy on that great of an advantage over Goku. I say this because I feel like Dragon Ball has had a bigger impact to the West whereas One Piece had a rough time picking up steam in the U.S. for a while, mostly because of the god awful 4Kids dub. One Piece is still popular in the West of course, but I feel the average person in the West will know much more about Goku than Luffy. And with MultiVersus seemingly prioritizing characters that are well-known to Western audiences, I can easily see Goku being the first Shonen Jump character over Luffy.

So really for Luffy it depends on whether MultiVersus can get him into the game with the rights stuff I mentioned in Goku's section. Then after that we'd have to see if they want to add Goku first to appeal more to the Western base, or add Luffy to bring the Japanese base into MultiVersus more. Either way once they get their foot in with Shueshia, it's all a matter of when and not if they add Luffy.

One Piece is probably my favorite fictional series of all time. I love everything about it from the colorful characters to the epic & emotional moments. Some of my most satisfying and tearjerking series in a fictional series have come from One Piece. I can't recommend it enough.

Luffy would be a blast to play as since he has a ton of potential from his regular powers alone. Then there's all of the later abilities he gets which would make him even more crazy. It's basically impossible to make a boring moveset for him.

I only hope that they don't end up going with the Netflix version just because I already know I'm not going to like that version as much as the original.

-----

Noms to Naruto Uzumaki

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
That guy from Yuyuki

Chance - 85%. I know this is really high, especially for a third party, but hear me out for a second. There are two reasons I think this is not only plausible, but likely. Number one is that there's a precedent. I think a good way to see what third parties might be on the table is by looking at what series have content in other free to play games, because if they're willing to be in Fortnite they'd probably be good with Multiversus (with some exceptions). And speak of the devil...
Dragon Ball is coming to Fortnite this month, and it's a meaty collab. I'm not sure if Namco is involved in this, but if they are it likely isn't an issue; they have some content in fortnite, as well as a few characters in another obscure platform fighter. This proves that if Multiversus came knocking, Toei/Namco would probably say yes. That being said, would Multiversus be the one who knocks? The answer to that is a resounding yes, I would bet money on it. This game has a great respect for memes, if you believe rumors it was literally created because of UI Shaggy, characters like Lebron and Rick incorporate their memes (it's only a matter of time until Big Chungus), and the devs appear to be listening to the semi-meme Walter White campaign. What's the biggest meme in the platform fighter sphere? Goku in Smash (and really, it's only a meme due to the VG-only rule). If they had a chance to make that meme as close to reality as possible, I think they would leap at it. Even aside from memes, Dragon Ball is just a really popular series (it even has non-smash memes, it's a bit vintage but "IT'S OVER 9000!" is a classic), so it's not like they're adding the Wii Safety Guy or whoever. All in all, I think Goku has a really good shot

Chance - Abstain. I'm not even biased when I gave him such a high score. I really couldn't care less one way or the other, I only watched a bit of Dragon Ball

Pirate Reed Richards

Chance - 60%. It's funny that I feel like I'm giving Luffy such a low score, even though it's tied for his highest (my scores are really inflated). Speaking of Goku, I feel like the likeliest situation is where he's essentially a tagalong to Goku, where they go "hey while we're adding dragon ball why not one piece". I'm not trying to say that One Piece is obscure or bad or anything, but I will say that it's less popular in America than other animes are, and MVS is very much centered around America. This might be my personal experience, but series like Dragon Ball, Naruto, My Hero Academia, and even Death Note seem to be more popular in the circles I'm in, both online and off. Obviously it's still popular, and it's extraordinarily so in other countries, so it stands a very good chance of being added: I think it'll just have to wait a bit. This can be seen in how Fortnite has done Naruto (twice) and is about to do Dragon Ball, but hasn't done One Piece quite yet.

Want - Abstain. I haven't watched One Piece either. Normally when I say I haven't watched something I feel uncultured, but for One Piece I just feel like I've saved a lot of time. I just can't watch the show, I have too many other things to not do.

Noms: Steven Universe rep x5, Guy Fieri x the rest

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
That guy from Yuyuki

Chance - 85%. I know this is really high, especially for a third party, but hear me out for a second. There are two reasons I think this is not only plausible, but likely. Number one is that there's a precedent. I think a good way to see what third parties might be on the table is by looking at what series have content in other free to play games, because if they're willing to be in Fortnite they'd probably be good with Multiversus (with some exceptions). And speak of the devil...
Dragon Ball is coming to Fortnite this month, and it's a meaty collab. I'm not sure if Namco is involved in this, but if they are it likely isn't an issue; they have some content in fortnite, as well as a few characters in another obscure platform fighter. This proves that if Multiversus came knocking, Toei/Namco would probably say yes. That being said, would they? Yes they would, and I would bet money on it. This game has a great respect for memes, if you believe rumors it was literally created because of UI Shaggy and characters like Lebron and Rick incorporate their memes (it's only a matter of time until Big Chungus). What's the biggest meme in the platform fighter sphere? Goku in Smash (and really, it's only a meme due to the VG-only rule). If they had a chance to make that meme as close to reality as possible, I think they would leap at it. Even aside from memes, Dragon Ball is just a really popular series (it even has non-smash memes, it's a bit vintage but "IT'S OVER 9000!" is a classic), so it's not like they're adding the Wii Safety Guy or whoever. All in all, I think Goku has a really good shot

Chance - Abstain. I'm not even biased when I gave him such a high score. I really couldn't care less one way or the other, I only watched a bit of Dragon Ball

Pirate Reed Richards

Chance - 60%. It's funny that I feel like I'm giving Luffy such a low score, even though it's tied for his highest (my scores are really inflated). Speaking of Goku, I feel like the likeliest situation is where he's essentially a tagalong to Goku, where they go "hey while we're adding dragon ball why not one piece". I'm not trying to say that One Piece is obscure or bad or anything, but I will say that it's less popular in America than other animes are, and MVS is very much centered around America. This might be my personal experience, but series like Dragon Ball, Naruto, My Hero Academia, and even Death Note seem to be more popular in the circles I'm in, both online and off. Obviously it's still popular, and it's extraordinarily so in other countries, so it stands a very good chance of being added: I think it'll just have to wait a bit. This can be seen in how Fortnite has done Naruto (twice) and is about to do Dragon Ball, but hasn't done One Piece quite yet.

Want - Abstain. I haven't watched One Piece either. Normally when I say I haven't watched something I feel uncultured, but for One Piece I just feel like I've saved a lot of time. I just can't watch the show, I have too many other things to not do.

Noms: Steven Universe rep x5, Guy Fieri x the rest
Goku's coming to Fortnite.......Whyyyyyyyyyyy......

KingOfMoths

Smash Rookie
The Monkey:

Chance: 60%

If there ever was an anime rep for this game that was truly deserving of being added, it would absolutely be that of Goku. Words really can't describe just how big Dragon Ball truly is, being seen by many as the shonen manga/anime series and serving an instrumental role in allowing manga/anime to become popular in the west in the first place. With DBZ being one of the few series in Shueisha's roster to be eternally celebrated in the west (be it dubiously-official merchandise in the mall, a long-running presence within internet culture, to a bloody float in the Macy's parade), there exists a very big, obvious pull towards adding DBZ content in a game like Multiversus. However, there may exist some issues with getting the ok from Shueisha, Toho, Toriyama, and possibly Namco towards getting the rights to the Saiyan's addition in a western property... which is something I would say if Fortnite managed to add content from the series to their game first, without any prior connection to the companies who manage the IP in the first place. As such, if Toriyama is fine seeing his creations shoot at Darth Vader and dance alongside Ariana Grande, I'm sure defeating Bugs Bunny and LeBron James alongside the Iron Giant would seem relatively normal! Should Shonen Jump gain content in Multiversus, it is without a doubt that everyone's favorite screaming, spiky-haired alien would be among the first up to bat.

I have yet to immerse myself in any form of Dragon Ball media as of yet (although I am not without interest), be it reading the manga, watching the anime, playing the series' various games, or any other method one can engage within the series at hand. However, my playing history isn't completely without the presence DBZ has, as I have played two fan-games for Smash (SSF2 and SSBC) that contain them as a playable character. In both of these games, Goku is a character I found a surprising amount of enjoyment playing as, with SSBC's mechanic surrounding his Saiyan transformation making him especially fun to use. Should Multiversus' take on Goku be anything like SSBC's, with a cool "second wind" ability that allows him to gain new, more powerful moves after taking enough damage, I could definitely see myself giving him a whirl for his playstyle alone. On another note, his personality is also something I could see being funny to see, especially any possible interactions he may have in regards to Shaggy being a massive DBZ expy in this game.

The Monkey (D. Luffy):

Overall, Luffy's situation is very similar to that of Goku's. Like his simian sibling in spirit, One Piece is one of Shonen Jump's flagship series, not only being one of the most beloved manga series of all, but it is also the second-best selling comic series of all time (only behind Warner's very own Superman). While I do argue that it is a smidge below the amount of western presence DBZ obtains, it (and Naruto and Bleach, for that matter) would likely be some of the first series chosen to represent the medium of anime as a whole. Furthermore, while it is true that One Piece has yet to collab with Fortnite as of present, One Piece still has an active amount of presence in the gaming and crossover world, with even Nintendo (notoriously conservative on crossovers as they are) agreeing to have a crossover with it in Pokemon Go a few years back. As such, I don't think Oda would be one to shy away from a crossover if Warner came a-knocking about it, especially with other shonen works being just as, if not more, supportive of it. If something's good for the Saiyan, it's good from the Straw Hats.

Want: 45%

Like with DBZ, I have yet to see any form of One Piece media to date, and while it's definitely possible I may in the future, the laundry list of chapters and episodes tied to that series at hand makes me quite intimidated by the prospect. However, such a lack of familiarity doesn't mean I don't want to see Luffy added, as I think his abilities could warrant themselves towards a cool moveset, funny animations, and a style few other characters can match. After all, what other character can literally tie themselves in knots as they bash foes with their rubbery limbs? While I do think this style would surely be a pain to fight against for those who dislike being outzoned, the humor of it all would leave quite the smile on people, even as they are losing against a character they can hardly even hit. This, combined with the potential for some cool aquatic stages and the series' cool pirate theme, could warrant itself towards being a fun addition to have.

Noms:

Shao Khan- 10x
Tetsuo Shima- 10x

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The Food Network (which is the network that airs Diners, Drive-ins and Dives) is owned by Discovery, which is merging with Warner.
Oh I see. I"m so used to looking up where Warner Bros is mentioned when I approve characters that I forget that they are merging with a different corporation with their own huge catalog as well.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Oh I see. I"m so used to looking up where Warner Bros is mentioned when I approve characters that I forget that they are merging with a different corporation with their own huge catalog as well.
Discovery has a lot of content, most of it isn't likely to get representation but it'll at least be a funny day of discussion. At the very least Guy Fieri has a bombastic enough personality for me to almost unironically want him.
Goku's coming to Fortnite.......Whyyyyyyyyyyy......
it just isn't possible.png

D

Deleted member

Are his chances over 9000?
Chance- 50%
As anime characters go, Goku, at least to a casual western audience, is THE anime character. Dragon Ball is a world famous franchise and has more shows, movies, games and merchandise can you could possibly ever count. I do think they're gonna try and get some anime characters, and said characters will be those with a Warner Brothers connection or those who are extremely famous. Goku kind of falls into both. His show aired on Toonami and the WB. The Goku / Superman matchup is played out to the point of being a meme, and Shaggy is literally based on a meme that mashes him up with something from Dragon Ball. I could definitely see the devs wanting to include the sayan in the roster. Only issue is you have to deal with both Shueisha, owners of Shonen Jump, and Toei. Toei are known for being pretty difficult when it comes to copyright stuff, but I don't think it would effect much here. Namco do own the DB, and most other Shonen Jump franchise, game rights, but I dont know how that would pertain to a guest apperance like this. I definitely think the devs would be interested in this, it all depends on if they can work out the licensing, and I don't think it's impossible.

Want - 80%
It's freaking Goku. This would be insane. I'm not even really a big Dragon Ball fan. I just appreciate how big a deal this would be. It's pretty easy to imagine what he would play like ina game lole this. I think the devs would have a fun time translating the abilities from DBZ into a platform fighter. Seeing him face off with Superman and even Shaggy would be really fun.

He took a bite of gum gum
Chance - 45%
Another Shonen Jump icon. One Piece, like Dragon Ball, is massive, with a long running manga, anime, films, video games and merchandise. It's very long running, to the point that it never ending has become a bit of a meme. In Japan, One Piece is a huge media empire, being probably the biggest Shonen Jump series over there, with only Demon Slayer coming close. It's probably bigger than Dragon Ball over there. But this is a Western made game. However, OP is still pretty popular in the west. There's even a live action Netflix adaption (let's hope it turns out better than their previous efforts) coming out and One Peice gets a lot of the same merch DBZ does. They'd likely have to go to the same places to get Luffy. His Warner association is about the same as Goku, One Piece aired, and is currently still airing, on Toonami. One Piece is no stranger to crossovers, with crososvers with things like Granblue Fantasy, Pokémon Go, and even Super Mario Brothers. I feel like if they go with Goku then there is a chance they get some other characters to get more bang for their buck, and Luffy is one of the more likely options.

Want - 75%
I haven't read a ton of One Peice. I really like what I have, and i want to read more. But there's so much of it and I only have so much time. It's a really good series. Luffy is a really great character. He would be amazing in s game like this. His stretchy arms would make for a really fun moveset.

Just wanted to share this neat mod someone made while I'm here too.

FWXfpi6WAAEIiM_.jpeg

Noms to Haruko Haruhara (FLCL)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Are his chances over 9000?
Chance- 50%
As anime characters go, Goku, at least to a casual western audience, is THE anime character. Dragon Ball is a world famous franchise and has more shows, movies, games and merchandise can you could possibly ever count. I do think they're gonna try and get some anime characters, and said characters will be those with a Warner Brothers connection or those who are extremely famous. Goku kind of falls into both. His show aired on Toonami and the WB. The Goku / Superman matchup is played out to the point of being a meme, and Shaggy is literally based on a meme that mashes him up with something from Dragon Ball. I could definitely see the devs wanting to include the sayan in the roster. Only issue is you have to deal with both Shueisha, owners of Shonen Jump, and Toei. Toei are known for being pretty difficult when it comes to copyright stuff, but I don't think it would effect much here. Namco do own the DB, and most other Shonen Jump franchise, game rights, but I dont know how that would pertain to a guest apperance like this, and Goku and pals are supposedly coming to Fortnite, because no one can escape the monolithic grasp of Epic Games. I definitely think the devs would be interested in this, it all depends on if they can work out the licensing, and I don't think it's impossible.

Want - 80%
It's freaking Goku. This would be insane. I'm not even really a big Dragon Ball fan. I just appreciate how big a deal this would be. It's pretty easy to imagine what he would play like ina game lole this. I think the devs would have a fun time translating the abilities from DBZ into a platform fighter. Seeing him face off with Superman and even Shaggy would be really fun.

He took a bite of gum gum
Chance - 45%
Another Shonen Jump icon. One Piece, like Dragon Ball, is massive, with a long running manga, anime, films, video games and merchandise. It's very long running, to the point that it never ending has become a bit of a meme. In Japan, One Piece is a huge media empire, being probably the biggest Shonen Jump series over there, with only Demon Slayer coming close. It's probably bigger than Dragon Ball over there. But this is a Western made game. However, OP is still pretty popular in the west. There's even a live action Netflix adaption (let's hope it turns out better than their previous efforts) coming out and One Peice gets a lot of the same merch DBZ does. They'd likely have to go to the same places to get Luffy. His Warner association is about the same as Goku, One Piece aired, and is currently still airing, on Toonami. One Piece is no stranger to crossovers, with crososvers with things like Granblue Fantasy, Pokémon Go, and even Super Mario Brothers. I feel like if they go with Goku then there is a chance they get some other characters to get more bang for their buck, and Luffy is one of the more likely options.

Want - 75%
I haven't read a ton of One Peice. I really like what I have, and i want to read more. But there's so much of it and I only have so much time. It's a really good series. Luffy is a really great character. He would be amazing in s game like this. His stretchy arms would make for a really fun moveset.

Just wanted to share this neat mod someone made while I'm here too.

View attachment 358252

Noms to Haruko Haruhara (FLCL)
It's Brook Bunny, Nami Dinkley, VINSMOKE SHAGGY, Thomasop, Chopper Mouse, Roronoa Mertins, and Monkey J. Luffy

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Abstain on chances for both.

While huge and iconic characters, the very complicated rights are too much to get a proper read on. We don't even know if non-Western media is what they're looking for. Even if they do, having to deal with three corporations is a lot for a game that is barely out and is already having delays. And remember, new ownership is all about saving money, so the spending sprees necessary to get characters as expensive as Goku and Luffy might be years away.

I hear a lot about the leaked inclusion of Goku and DB content into Fortnite, and... Apples to oranges, guys. Fortnite is the biggest game, has been around for half a decade at this point, and is backed by an endless warchest. MultiVersus launched last month. It's like saying Sega was willing to license Sonic to Smash, so they'll surely be willing to do so for NASB! We only know the cobweb of licensing can be navigated (which is something we already knew since DBZ has been in other stuff. Multiple times) but it says nothing about this particular instance.

Of course, if one anime character has to get in, it's Goku. One Piece sold more copies? Cool, of course it did, it's like twice the volumes. Truth is Dragon Ball's influence on all media that came after it is the thing that happens only a couple of times in a medium. It's that big. I don't have to explain it, you know what I'm talking about. Goku is the legend, the meme, the measuring stick most fictional characters are ranked against, so anyone with a fighting game would want him in (especially one with Superman, his dream match if there was ever any). If they can get him, they'll get him. Luffy could come afterwards, but there's more competition for him, such as Naruto. Goku is first in line.

I'll give both 100% want. Dragon Ball and Z were my childhood, countless hours were spent watching it at like 2AM on Cartoon Network, playing Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3 (so much that the discs got scratched), making up OCs, lot of cringe ****. It was the only anime I watched for decades since it didn't really feel like anime, it was just another jolly cartoon about fighting like Teen Titans or Ben 10 (yes I am aware of what I'm saying. Kid me wasn't the smartest) Being 22 it obviously doesn't hit the same way with glaring issues with writing, but I still look back fondly on the trinity of shows that meant so much for me (especially the OG, which has aged like fine wine with its emphasis on comedy over action) and every time something DB pops up, I pay attention (I will be there with the boys when Super Hero opens in theaters, no doubt). As for Luffy, never watched or read One Piece, and with how long it is I don't plan to (I will suffer through the Netflix live action show because I promised a friend we'd watch it together, so hopefully it's good). But I respect One Piece's quality and ambition. And I also respect Sari Sari who would probably cry or scream or feel very strong emotions from this, so yeah, hundred it is.

Noms: Gone with the Wind

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Elvis Presley
Chance: 22.17%
Want: 58.33%

Discord
Chance: 17%
Want: 23.75%

Noms List

75+

50-74
Concept: Another Steven Universe rep x55

25-49
Larry David x40
Sailor Moon x36
Gone With the Wild content x35
Marceline x30
Jason Voorhees x30
Mob x30
Courage x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
The Doctor x25

1-24
The Gilmore Girls x24
The Mask x22
Spike (Gremlins) x21
John Gotti x20
Mac & Bloo x18
Sheldon Cooper x15
Naruto x15
Jackie Chan x11
Leonardo (TMNT) x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Evangelion character x10
Simon the Digger x10
Shao Kahn x10
Tetsuo Shima x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
Jolyne Cujoh x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Code Lyoko rep x5
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x5
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Kyoko Sakura from Madoka Magica, as well as Pennywise from IT.

Here are some videos to (once again) get into the magical girl mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to dance with a scary clown:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You'll float too

Chance: 55%

Pennywise is pretty iconic, especially as of recent and he was in Space Jam 2 because we really gotta get the child eater in a kid's movie apparently. IT is probably one of, if not the most famous Stephen King novels and both adaptations help it a lot.

Now, the whole "they do messed up stuff to kids" doesn't fly as a reason to not include him because well, you'd have to turn down plenty of other characters like Freddy Krueger and The Joker to name some. But in terms of messed up things they somehow got Arya's pies as a thing she can do in the game so a lot of characters are fair game including Pennywise. Maybe horror clowns go a bit too far though because it's more immediately apparent than the unseen (human) contents of a pie, I don't know.

Pennywise would be tons of fun, he's got so much to work with too. Deadlights would be really cool, making opponents float ala Steven's bubble and so much more. His weird dance would make a great taunt too.

Noms:
All on Jolyne Cujoh

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
You'll float too

Chance: 55%

Pennywise is pretty iconic, especially as of recent and he was in Space Jam 2 because we really gotta get the child eater in a kid's movie apparently. IT is probably one of, if not the most famous Stephen King novels and both adaptations help it a lot.

Now, the whole "they do messed up stuff to kids" doesn't fly as a reason to not include him because well, you'd have to turn down plenty of other characters like Freddy Krueger and The Joker to name some. But in terms of messed up things they somehow got Arya's pies as a thing she can do in the game so a lot of characters are fair game including Pennywise. Maybe horror clowns go a bit too far though because it's more immediately apparent than the unseen (human) contents of a pie, I don't know.

Pennywise would be tons of fun, he's got so much to work with too. Deadlights would be really cool, making opponents float ala Steven's bubble and so much more. His weird dance would make a great taunt too.

Noms:
All on Jolyne Cujoh
Are you abstaining on Kyoko?

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Goku (hopefully I'm not too late)
Chance: 75%
This is the one platform fighter that Goku actually has a realistic chance for. While he isn't owned by Warner, he does have a notable Warner presence, as all the Dragon Ball shows have aired on CN/[as]/Toonami/etc. at some point. With the combination of Goku being highly requested for every platform fighter in existence, the mvs devs being open to guest characters, and DB being open to crossovers (like the upcoming Fortnite one, for example.), I'd say he's pretty likely.
He's Goku!
Come on, do I really need to elaborate further?
But seriously, Goku is cool and I'd love to play as him in MultiVersus, or any platform fighter, really.
Abstaining from Luffy.

Noms to Mac & Bloo

Last edited:

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
DO YOU HAVE PRINCE ALBERT IN A CAN?

Chance: 65%

The recent IT remake(s) did pretty well and apparently they're okay with the clown/spider/whatever being in Space Jam for some reason. I'd say chances are pretty solid. If we're talking strictly horror icons, there's some competition there, and I'm not sure what legal issues would need to be sorted. I don't think content would keep Pennywise out either. I just feel like other characters would be prioritized, though I absolutely wouldn't rule them out.

Want: 85%

There are other spoopy characters I'm more partial to, like Freddy Krueger, but Pennywise is plenty recognizable and would be a great character to have. I'd prefer the Tim Curry version personally, but I know there's absolutely no way they'd pick it over the more recent incarnation. The interactions between them and the Scooby gang would be fun too.

Want some?

Chance: 0%

Once again, Kyoko has the exact same roadblocks as Homura/Mami, so I'm just going to copy:

Warner Bros. does not own the Puella Magi IP, they have merely served as distributors for the three (at the time of writing) Madoka movies, and only in Japan. Puella Magi Madoka Magica, while a critically acclaimed series, is only really a franchise domestically. The mobile game Magia Record, which is as of now the only way the property still exists in the public conscious, flopped hard when brought over to the States, and the show's second season hasn't even received an English dub (at the time of writing, but it is highly unlikely this will change). While well known among anime fans, to anyone outside of that sphere, Kyoko is an extremely obscure character, and as time passes, less and less anime fans may immediately recognize her. She's also not even the title character, or even who the writer considers the main character (that would be Madoka and Sayaka, respectively).
Much like Mami, Kyoko is also not the main character nor is she the main driving force in the plot, (though like Mami, she takes a starring role in The Different Story). She is a very popular character so she has that going for her; they bumped Kyoko's release up in the schedule for the EN Magia Record server considerably as a way to get more money quickly simply because of this. Her fighting style would also be one of a kind, but given the obscurity of the property and it's distant ties to WB, if any character got in, it'd be Madoka or Homura, and even that is extremely unlikely.

Want: 60%

Again, we'd be getting so close to Homura but not. Kyoko's probably my second favorite character so that'd be something. She is an interesting case where her powers are unusable because she rejects her wish so she'd be less flashy in terms of pure spectacle compared to other characters, but a giant whip spear is still plenty unique. She wouldn't fight anything like Scorpion so there's not much overlap there. She also very easily lends herself to team based combat because she very frequently casts barriers to restrict her target's movement.

Nominations:
All on Lion (Animal Planet)

KingOfMoths

Smash Rookie
Scorpion, but for weebs:

Chance: 5%

As others have said before, while Madoka Magica is a popular series in Japan, the series failed to find much success in the west. With much of the series' works going without any real involvement in regions outside Japan (including the anime's second season, which goes undubbed), it'll absolutely be an uphill battle when it comes for the series being given a fighter by PFG, especially since the series (to my knowledge) isn't very relevant at the time of writing. This is already pretty bad circumstances as is, but what further seals Kyoko's fate is that Kyubey's other victims clients are likely to go before her due to their larger roles, namely Madoka herself, Sayaka, and Homura. Furthermore, while it is true that anime is somewhat relevant in online circles dedicated towards anime, cult classic status can only get you so far in a game where PFG would likely be looking for far more notable characters and series to represent, something that's even more difficult to see seeing how the devs would need to make a deal with the owners of the anime in the first place. While it's in theory possible for Kyoko to get in down the line after other Madoka Magica reps, as things currently stand, the day she gets in, you best be looking outside for flying pigs.

Want: 10%

While I haven't seen Madoka Magica as of yet, I do think it is a series that I think has a really cool, subversive aesthetic in regards to the teenage girl fantasy that is most magical girl works, highlighting how the act of teaming up with a bunch of other people you barely know to fight monsters would probably end in tragedy. As for Kyoko herself, I think she would be an interesting and very different character to play as compared to most possible magical girls, using a whip-spear instead of any actual hocus pocus. This, combined with the barriers she sets up, could result in an interesting play-style, with long-ranged attacks that allow her to outrange and outfox her foes. However, something I do worry about with her moveset is that a lot of her attacks could feel a bit too similar to another, with spear pokes and whip strikes serving as the dominant force of potential for her. What further complicates things is that, as mentioned, she isn't the main protagonist of her tale, something I tend to be a stickler about when it comes to repping series. While I do think she has the potential to be a very interesting character to play as, I wouldn't want her coming before other characters from her series that represent it better, such as the three reps I previously mentioned.

Kiss me, fat boy!:

Chance: 70%

When it comes to the most important creators the horror medium has ever seen, most of the figures people bring up are usually those who direct movies (John Carpenter, Alfred Hitchcock, Wes Craven, etc.) or those who act in them (Boris Karloff, Jamie Lee Curtis, Robert Englund, etc.). However, there exists one name that, while not a director or actor, arguably dwarfs them all: Stephen King. A juggernaut of the horror industry, King is responsible for the creation of works important within both the horror industry and in literature/cinema in general, such as The Shining, Carrie, Cujo, and what may be his most significant work of all, It. He may not be the first clown envisioned to spread terror instead of laughter, but Pennywise is the very embodiment of the "monster clown" (well, alongside a certain clown prince of crime), and is arguably the main reason coulrophobia is as widespread as it is. As for the actual work needed to get Pennywise in, PFG may run into some issues surrounding getting the ok from Stephen King, as anything they do with him would likely need to be approved by him, first. That being said, I doubt it would take too much time or money to see happen, seeing how King's perfectly ok seeing his creation watching LeBron James and Bugs Bunny play basketball. As for the content of the work at hand, seeing how works like Game of Thrones (a work filled with bloodshed and nasty people doing nasty things to each other) and Rick and Morty (which is chock-full of dark comedy) were given the ok, I doubt Warner or PFG would reject Pennywise for being too dark.

I love the medium of horror, as there really isn't anything better than both enjoying and being utterly terrified by a work at the same time. While there exists other horror reps I do want more than them (such as Jason, Freddy, and Ash) when it comes to the option that could easily have the most potential, Pennywise is definitely up there. Given his Lovecraftian nature, you could really take his moveset into some pretty crazy directions, such as repping his various forms in attacks (such as a charge or impaling move using a spider's leg, using his flute-player form to cause a stat debuff, casting illusions to attack foes, and using the deadlights to deliver status effects. to foes, or even making him a composite rep of other Stephen King works by morphing into other characters. One could even make the clown into a composite character if they so choose (even if I would prefer them to be separate), having him morph into different Stephen King characters to attack. Pennywise's personality also is a big draw towards his addition on my end, as his interactions can blend absurdist humor and sadistic hunger together to make for a thoroughly unsettling addition.

Noms:

Shao Khan- 10x
Tetsuo Shima- 10x

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Sakura Kyouko

Chance- 10%
I don't think her chances are zero but I feel like she would face fierce competition regarding Japanese anime. From her own series Homura or Madoka would most likely be chosen first.

Want- 95%
Kyouko is my favourite Puella Magi overall. She is definitely one of my most wanted among several characters.

Abstain on Pennywise

Noms
Sailor Moon- x5

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"If You're Just Living For Your Own Sake, It's All Up To You. No Hard Feelings. No Regrets"
Kyoko Sakura
Her Theme: Conturbatio
Abstain: I was originally gonna watch Madoka Magica on HBO Max But Then They Removed It & Didn't begun in time, So i still no knowledge on this series plus this character is too new for me to know.

Though i might have an idea based on the quotes i've locked up for her.

"Ohh Yes.... they float Georgie.....and when you're down here with me....YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!"
Pennywise the Dancing Clown
His Theme: Every 27 Years
Alt Theme: Pennywise's Theme from Stephen King's It(1990)
50%: Pennywise.....The Dancing Clown.....

I think his chances are probably 50/50 based on whether or not Stephen King would approve of his inclusion in Multiversus since i heard he hates video games on Reddit & the fact that the DBD crew never got him despite Matthew having pennywise as his dream killer,

the popularity of the It Remake is good enough to show just how important pennywise is to be in the game & what potential he could have, there's also the fact that the clown himself appeared in Space Jam: A New Legacy(And Parodied in Animaniacs(2020)) which might indicate Stephen King was fine with them using him or maybe he likes films more than games, i have no clue and i might need some clarification to really understand if Pennywise's license is hard to get.

40%: I've remember seeing a bit of the original 1990 film(Or mini-series) before that there was those old WWE videos with slasher characters added in and those AMV videos including this one.

Pennywise's moveset would be very intriguing to work and i am pretty interested in how it would play thanks to KingofMoths for detailing ideas although i mostly want to see some horror movie characters to appear in this game & pennywise is an option.

Nominations
Mob x5
Courage x5

Yeah, I don't feel a need to mention it really. I just skip days where I don't feel like rating, I'll do nominations at my own pace.
Motivation is a fickle creature like that
I See

D

Deleted member

They all float down here
Chance - 60%
IT is a classic horror novel by the King of horror Steven King. The series has been adapted twice, once as a TV mini series in the 90s with the great Tim Curry hamming it up in the role, and later in the late 2010's with Bill Skarsgård in the re. Warner Brothers put out the 2017 version and it's sequal, with a prequel series focusing on the town of Derry in development for HBO Max (though who knows what's happening there). As King characters, Pennywise is a natural fit for a fighting game. He has an array of supernatural and unsual abilities and is a shape shifter, meaning the team could really play around with a potential moveset. If included, Pennywise would likely be the Bill Skarsgård version, as that's the version WB made films for. There aren't many examples of IT, or King content in general, showing up in crossovers, dispite fans calls for Pennywise to appear in both Mortal Kombat and Dead by Daylight, but as far as I know there isn't any sort of block against it. He does face competition with other horror characters like Freddy Kruger, Jason Voorhees and even a character from Warner's highly successful Conjuring franchise. Content could be an issue, Pennywise is a child murdering Lovecraftian entity, and we don't know how WB higher ups or King himself would feel about putting him in a game with Scobby Doo and Steven Universe, but we do have Game of Thrones characters, who regularly preform heinous acts, in this game, so WB probably aren't too much of an issue, and there are IT Funko Pops of all things, and Pennywise also apparently made a background cameo in Space Jam: A New Legacy (though I think it would be much easier to list who didn't appear in that movie at this point), so I don't think King would necessarily say no.

Want - 70%
I'm a big Steven King fan. I honestly think a fighting game with all his characters could be kinda neat. But Pennywise does stick out as the best option for something like this. I really like IT, it's a great book and I enjoy both filmed versions for their own reasons. He has a lot of moveset potential with shape-shifting and all his other supernatural abilities. Plus, his dance from the 2017 version would be an amazing taunt. I do like the 2017 verison, but I would hope that they could also include the 1990 version as an alternative skin.

Oops All Magical Girls
Chance - 0%
I've spoke before about why I think a Puella Magi Madoka Magica rep is farily unlikely. To quote myself from a previous write up.
Madoka is extremely popular in Japan, with a hit anime, a seires of three films, with a fourth on the way, various mangas and a popular mobile game spin off that got its own anime adaption, which just finished airing its final season in April. The orignal series received widespread critical acclaim. Warner did put out the films in Japan. But I'm not sure if the series is quite popular enough in the west to justify its inclusion. The anime did get a dub and the mobile game got brought over before being shut down down in 2020. It definitely has its fans. But it's still kind of niche all things considered. I think any anime characters that get in will be from extremely known series or big fan requests like Jojo.
However. If we where to get a Madoka rep, it would almost definitely be Madoka or Homura, one is the main character of the orignal seires and the other is proablly the most popular charatcer from the series. I can't quite see it being anyone else, and i alsp can't see the series getting too many reps considering it's a third party franchise, and a niche one at that. Kyoko is a farily popular character, but with her also having to compete with four other magical girls, and her series not being super likely to begin with, I just don't see it.

Want - 5%
I watched Madoka when I was a teenager and while I rememeber this chick being pretty cool, i can't say I'm super invested. I definitely wouldn't be mad or anything, but I'd just much rather have Madoka or Homura if we got a character from this franchise. She does have a pretty cool weapon though.

kinda odd how we've rated multiple Madoka characters but have yet to rate the actual titular named main character of the show lol

Noms to
Haruko Haruhara (FLCL)
Huey Freeman (The Boondocks)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Goku
Chance: 57.22%
Want: 82%

Monkey D. Luffy
Chance: 49.5%
Want: 66.67%

Noms List

75+

50-74
Concept: Another Steven Universe rep x60
Gone With the Wild content x55

25-49
Sailor Moon x46
Larry David x40
Jason Voorhees x35
Mob x35
Courage x35
Naruto x35
Marceline x30
Mac & Bloo x28
The Mask x27
Wile E. Coyote x25
The Doctor x25

1-24
The Gilmore Girls x24
Jolyne Cujoh x22
Spike (Gremlins) x21
John Gotti x20
Shao Kahn x20
Tetsuo Shima x20
Haruko Haruhara x20
Sheldon Cooper x15
Evangelion character x15
Simon the Digger x15
Guy Fieri x15
Jackie Chan x11
Leonardo (TMNT) x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Sayaka Miki x10
Alfred E. Neuman x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Code Lyoko rep x5
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x5
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Another anime magical girl

Chance: 0.50%

Again, the chances of Madoka Magica getting a rep is slim as it is due to the niche nature of the series. But when you consider that Sakura isn't the main character and has competition with other popular characters like Homura, that cuts her chances down even more. And this is the kind of series where I'm not expecting more than (at best) 2 reps.

Want: 75%

I'm now halfway through the anime and have been really enjoying it. I still need to see more of Sakura to get more of an impression of her but so far she has been a fun character. Again, the drama and tension in this show really gets to me and the magical girls have some really neat abilities.

I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids and their insults!

Pennywise has got several things going for him. As he is from a Stephen King story, he's a pretty well known and popular character. He's probably the most iconic example of the evil clown trope. IT got a beloved 1990's miniseries and the two recent films brought him back into the mainstream conscience. Despite competition from other WB-related horror icons like Jason, Freddy and Jack Torrance, Pennywise holds up pretty well against them.

Oh yeah, and apparently there was an IT event in Fortnite (Or at least it was planned and then canned. I keep getting mixed answers). Plus Pennywise was in Space Jam 2 so it seems like Stephen King is fine with lending him out to games, or at least wacky crossovers. So yeah, barring any unseen legal issue, Pennywise is a relatively safe bet.

Want: 80%

Fun fact: The IT miniseries was one of the things that scared the hell out of me as a little kid. Yeah, I watched things like IT, Halloween, Friday the 13th, and The Exorcist when I was around 7. Probably not the best idea as they gave me nightmares and sleepless nights, but hey it helped me develop my tastes when I was smol and easily influenced. With IT in particular, it mostly stemmed from the facial expressions that Pennywise did whenever he tried to eat someone. The way that he looks at them with those cold eyes gave me chills.

But now as an adult, I view the miniseries as almost a horror/comedy lol. Because despite Pennywise being a scary, child murdering lovecraftian entity, they still gave him some moments where he feels like a straight up comedian. As for the two recent films, I enjoyed them. I'm not crazy about IT like I am with other horror films, but there is enough imagination and scares for me to stay entertained. Plus his lovecraftian nature lends itself well to a moveset.

Noms:
Naruto x5
Leonardo x5
The Mask x5

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
They all float down here
Chance - 60%
IT is a classic horror novel by the King of horror Steven King. The series has been adapted twice, once as a TV mini series in the 90s with the great Tim Curry hamming it up in the role, and later in the late 2010's with Bill Skarsgård in the re. Warner Brothers put out the 2017 version and it's sequal, with a prequel series focusing on the town of Derry in development for HBO Max (though who knows what's happening there). As King characters, Pennywise is a natural fit for a fighting game. He has an array of supernatural and unsual abilities and is a shape shifter, meaning the team could really play around with a potential moveset. If included, Pennywise would likely be the Bill Skarsgård version, as that's the version WB made films for. There aren't many examples of IT, or King content in general, showing up in crossovers, dispite fans calls for Pennywise to appear in both Mortal Kombat and Dead by Daylight, but as far as I know there isn't any sort of block against it. He does face competition with other horror characters like Freddy Kruger, Jason Voorhees and even a character from Warner's highly successful Conjuring franchise. Content could be an issue, Pennywise is a child murdering Lovecraftian entity, and we don't know how WB higher ups or King himself would feel about putting him in a game with Scobby Doo and Steven Universe, but we do have Game of Thrones characters, who regularly preform heinous acts, in this game, so WB probably aren't too much of an issue, and there are IT Funko Pops of all things, and Pennywise also apparently made a background cameo in Space Jam: A New Legacy (though I think it would be much easier to list who didn't appear in that movie at this point), so I don't think King would necessarily say no.

Want - 70%
I'm a big Steven King fan. I honestly think a fighting game with all his characters could be kinda neat. But Pennywise does stick out as the best option for something like this. I really like IT, it's a great book and I enjoy both filmed versions for their own reasons. He has a lot of moveset potential with shape-shifting and all his other supernatural abilities. Plus, his dance from the 2017 version would be an amazing taunt. I do like the 2017 verison, but I would hope that they could also include the 1990 version as an alternative skin.

Oops All Magical Girls
Chance - 0%
I've spoke before about why I think a Puella Magi Madoka Magica rep is farily unlikely. To quote myself from a previous write up.

However. If we where to get a Madoka rep, it would almost definitely be Madoka or Homura, one is the main character of the orignal seires and the other is proablly the most popular charatcer from the series. I can't quite see it being anyone else, and i alsp can't see the series getting too many reps considering it's a third party franchise, and a niche one at that. Sakura is a pretty cool character, and a farily popular one, but with her also having to compete with four other magical girls, and her series not being super likely to begin with, I just don't see it.

Want - 5%
I watched Madoka when I was a teenager and while I rememeber this chick being pretty cool, but i can't say I'm super invested. I definitely wouldn't be mad or anything, but I'd just much rather have Madoka or Homura if we got a character from this franchise. She does have a pretty cool weapon though.

kinda funny how we've rated multiple Madoka characters but have yet to rate the actual titular named main character of the show

Noms to
Haruko Haruhara (FLCL)
Huey Freeman (The Boondocks)
Ya, Funnily True.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Sorry for not rating Goku or Luffy. I was not feeling to rate them. Even if I was feeling better, I don't believe I would added much the discussion. DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 can I still give out at least 10 nominations despite missing their day?

Anyway I'm going to abstain from rating Pennywise. I never read the novel nor have I seen the movies. As for Kyoko Sakura...

Don't lose your head Mami Tomoe!

Chances- 0%

I was being generous with the chance score when Homura was rated. I will not be so kind to Mami! All the issues Horuma would have deal with if she were get into MultiVerses also apply to Mami. That includes Mami's home series being overshadowed by other anime franchises like Jojo and RWBY. The difference here is that Mami lacks the significance and popularity that Homura has. Mami also gets overshadowed by all the other magical girls in Madoka Magica. I have hope for Homura. I can't say the same for Mami.

Want- 50%

I really liked Madoka Magica when I watched it. Mami, however, is my least favorite out of the main five magical girls. She's not bad, just overshadowed by everyone else. I would raise an eyebrow if Mami gets into MultiVerses over Homura.
Kyoko's chances are the same as Mami which is 0%. As for her want score, I'll be a bit generous and give her a rating of 60%. This is mainly due to me liking her more as a character than Mami.

My noms: The Doctor (Doctor Who) x10

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
the guy from the IT department

Chance - 90%. Pennywise checks all the boxes, really. IT is almost undeniably the most well known Steven King book, and is one of the most iconic horror properties of the modern era. Warner also appears to have the rights to IT (considering they did both the 90's TV show and the recent movie duology), so it's not like they would be going out of their way for it. IT even passes the Space Jam Test! I'm not overly familiar with Stephen King, but I can't imagine he would raise objection to this if he was fine with the Space Jam thing. As for Pennywise the character, I think IT has a ton of potential as a fighter. I remember I gave the guy from The Shining a hard time for just being a guy with an axe, which isn't a problem for IT. Not only is Pennywise a clown (which by itself has a lot of options, albeit ones IT has to share with Joker) IT also happens to be an eldritch monstrosity! That opens the door wide up for some crazy moveset potential. There are only two potential obstacles I could see for IT's inclusion. Number one, Pennywise is from a horror property, which isn't something we've seen so far (does Gremlins count)? Number two, the IT franchise is done for awhile, you can't really make a spinoff series for it or something. While the previous Warner regime would probably be fine with that, considering it strengthens and calls attention to their back catalog, Zaslav might want the Multiversus team to go full steam ahead on promoting future content. Neither of those are particularly worrisome in my opinion, so I'm still giving Pennywise a high score. He'll probably get in in the next 20 years or so.

Want: Abstain. Still not a horror person. I'll let you know if that changes within 2-4 business days

I don't know enough about this series to make a joke

Chance - .1%. I made a callback to my Shining rating for Pennywise, time to make a callback to another rating of mine for Kyoko. When I was rating Luffy, I said something to the effect of "One Piece is very popular globally but relatively not so in America, which is what Multiversus is focused on. He'll probably have to wait for a while". Madoka Magica is a min-maxed version of that, being very popular in Japan but virtually unknown everywhere else. If the series was owned by Warner I would maybe give her a better score (potentially even significantly higher, for promotional purposes), but that isn't the case: the connection is very loose. She isn't even the main character of her series, further plummeting her slim chances. There is literally no reason for this to happen aside from Tony Huynh deciding to visit this thread, seeing her low score, and deciding to make all of us look like fools by greenlighting her (and even then, I'm not sure if I'm being generous giving that a 1/1000 statistic)

Want: Abstain. Have I ever not abstained on a score? I really need to watch more media. Not sure if this is the media I need to watch though. It's probably good and all, but I fear being caught watching it.

Noms - Stev Univ x 5, Guy Fieri x the rest

Top Bottom