• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KillerCage

Smash Master
Don't lose your head Mami Tomoe!

Chances- 0%

I was being generous with the chance score when Homura was rated. I will not be so kind to Mami! All the issues Horuma would have deal with if she were get into MultiVerses also apply to Mami. That includes Mami's home series being overshadowed by other anime franchises like Jojo and RWBY. The difference here is that Mami lacks the significance and popularity that Homura has. Mami also gets overshadowed by all the other magical girls in Madoka Magica. I have hope for Homura. I can't say the same for Mami.

Want- 50%

I really liked Madoka Magica when I watched it. Mami, however, is my least favorite out of the main five magical girls. She's not bad, just overshadowed by everyone else. I would raise an eyebrow if Mami gets into MultiVerses over Homura.

He-Man has the power!

Chances- abstain

I understand that He-Man is owned by Mattel. How that relates to his chances to joining MultiVerses I have no idea! Because of that I have to abstain.

Want- 60%

I'll be honest. I'm not the biggest fan of He-Man mainly because I don't get what so appealing about him. I did watched the Netflix cartoon (not Revelations.) I thought it was pretty decent with Tom Kenny's Orko being a highlight. While I liked the show, it paled in comparison to the She-Ra reboot which was amazing. I'm being generous with my want score due to the CGI He-Man cartoon's quality otherwise I would have abstain from giving a want at all. If He-Man gets into MultiVerses, it will have my attention.

My noms:
William Cage (Edge of Tomorrow) x10
Discord (My Little Pony) x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: Transformers rep
Chance: 31.13%
Want: 72.14%

Sub-Zero
Chance: 82.78%
Want: 77.14%

Noms List

75+

50-74
William Cage x70
Monkey D. Luffy x50

25-49
Audrey II x42
Pennywise x40
Sakura Kyoko x37
Blue Beetle x35
Steve Urkel x35
Six Flags content x32
Marceline x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Roger Smith x25
Discord (MLP) x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Goku x20
Grim x20
Sesame Street content x15
Jackie Chan x11
Leonardo (TMNT) x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
John Gotti x10
Mob x10
Courage x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Evangelion character x5
Simon the Digger x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Sorry, the spoiler tags broke for some reason.

Mami

Chance: 0.50%

Madoka Magica is already niche, but on top of that Mami isn't the most important character overall, though she does provide one of the best moments that set the tone for the rest of the series. So basically her chances are near zero, especially since I imagine this is on the lower end of priority when it comes to anime and I only see us getting a few characters from this IP at most.

Want: 75%

After Homura's day I decided to check out some episodes of the anime. At first it didn't hook me since, well, it's hard to relate to middle schoolers when you are an adult. But then I finished episode 3 and it left my jaw hanging. The weight of the consequences in this show are heavy and it deals with some serious subject matter. The action is also really good and it shows off the prowess that these magical girls have and I can picture their movesets in a fighting game.

I had to delete this portion due to broken spoiler tags

So yeah, I have so much respect for Madoka Magica now and I would like to see its cast in MultiVersus.

Nobody:

A random distant voice: "He-Man!"

Chance: 35%

When you think of classic 80's cartoons, well you think of many things but one of them is He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. This show about a prince who turns into macho man and his totally fearless feline friend touched the hearts of many kids. It consisted of a group of memorable characters, inspired storylines, humor, and life lessons. Masters of the Universe became a hit, and is continued to this day with multiple TV shows and a new series on Netflix. Compared to someone like Lion-O, He-Man has been better off recently so his chances are looking brighter.

However, they aren't totally shiny either. One thing that I will keep bringing up is the loose connection. Now He-Man has been in some crossover comics with Warner Bros' big IPs like DC and apparently a few of the cartoons have aired on Cartoon Network. But that's not a strong enough connection for me to see He-Man as a priority for the company. Once we start to see characters of this kind with 1 or 2 minor links with Warner Bros, then I'll start taking them more seriously.

Want: 100%

I'm a sucker for these cheesy 80's cartoons. I recently bought the original He-Man series on DVD and have been having a blast with the episodes. It has a charm to it with the creative storylines and the occasional "80's logic" moments. Also, He-Man's sword is pretty cool and it would be nice if we could summon Cringer for a move or two. Throw in his iconic line and the occasional "He-Man!" VO for when he gets KO's and you've got me sold.

Noms:
Mob x5
Courage x5

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Concept: Transformers rep
Chance: 31.13%
Want: 72.14%

Sub-Zero
Chance: 82.78%
Want: 77.14%

Noms List

75+

50-74
William Cage x70
Monkey D. Luffy x50

25-49
Audrey II x42
Pennywise x40
Sakura Kyoko x37
Blue Beetle x35
Steve Urkel x35
Six Flags content x32
Marceline x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Roger Smith x25
Discord (MLP) x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Goku x20
Grim x20
Jackie Chan x11
Leonardo (TMNT) x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
John Gotti x10
Mob x10
Courage x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Evangelion character x5
Simon the Digger x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Sorry, the spoiler tags broke for some reason.

Mami

Chance: 0.50%

Madoka Magica is already niche, but on top of that Mami isn't the most important character overall, though she does provide one of the best moments that set the tone for the rest of the series. So basically her chances are near zero, especially since I imagine this is on the lower end of priority when it comes to anime and I only see us getting a few characters from this IP at most.

After Homura's day I decided to check out some episodes of the anime. At first it didn't hook me since, well, it's hard to relate to middle schoolers when you are an adult. But then I finished episode 3 and it left my jaw hanging. The weight of the consequences in this show are heavy and it deals with some serious subject matter. The action is also really good and it shows off the prowess that these magical girls have and I can picture their movesets in a fighting game.

I had to delete this portion due to broken spoiler tags

So yeah, I have so much respect for Madoka Magica now and I would like to see its cast in MultiVersus.

Nobody:

A random distant voice: "He-Man!"

Chance: 35%

When you think of classic 80's cartoons, well you think of many things but one of them is He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. This show about a prince who turns into macho man and his totally fearless feline friend touched the hearts of many kids. It consisted of a group of memorable characters, inspired storylines, humor, and life lessons. Masters of the Universe became a hit, and is continued to this day with multiple TV shows and a new series on Netflix. Compared to someone like Lion-O, He-Man has been better off recently so his chances are looking brighter.

However, they aren't totally shiny either. One thing that I will keep bringing up is the loose connection. Now He-Man has been in some crossover comics with Warner Bros' big IPs like DC and apparently a few of the cartoons have aired on Cartoon Network. But that's not a strong enough connection for me to see He-Man as a priority for the company. Once we start to see characters of this kind with 1 or 2 minor links with Warner Bros, then I'll start taking them more seriously.

I'm a sucker for these cheesy 80's cartoons. I recently bought the original He-Man series on DVD and have been having a blast with the episodes. It has a charm to it with the creative storylines and the occasional "80's logic" moments. Also, He-Man's sword is pretty cool and it would be nice if we could summon Cringer for a move or two. Throw in his iconic line and the occasional "He-Man!" VO for when he gets KO's and you've got me sold.

Noms:
Mob x5
Courage x5
You Forgot Mac and Bloo

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
You Forgot Mac and Bloo
I only did calcs for the Transformers/Sub-Zero day. That's because this day is still going and people are allowed to change their noms at any point during a day. If you need a reminder of which day the noms list is updated to, just look at the character(s) listed above the noms list.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I only did calcs for the Transformers/Sub-Zero day. That's because this day is still going and people are allowed to change their noms at any point during a day. If you need a reminder of which day the noms list is updated to, just look at the character(s) listed above the noms list.
Okay Then, I'll remember that next time.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
He-Man

Chance: 6%
He-Man is, I guess, an iconic and beloved character from an iconic and beloved IP. He existed solely to sell toys and his original show was a cheesefest but people definitely grew attached. Fast forward to today and the brand is perhaps more prolific than ever, with a critically acclaimed reboot starring his sister She-ra, two parallel reboots starring Adam himself (one of which is getting a continuation) and plans for a live action adaptation. The thing is, this is all for Netflix. Meanwhile his connection to WB is flimsy as hell. As a merch driven IP, I have no doubt they'd license him out to whoever can put eyes on it. It's just a matter of knowing if MultiVersus succeeds and if it ends up becoming a sort of platform fighter equivalent to Netflix.

My attachment to the Masters of the Universe is minimal. It's basically just memes, the crappy live action movie with Dolph Lundgren, and the godawful Revelations (which is basically a blueprint to make a reboot that will piss off everyone). Still he would work really well in a game like this, and if they played it for laughs I'd be 100% on board. I'd rather get Orko or Skeletor instead though.

Mami

Chance: 0%
Mami exists solely to prove a point. While spin-offs have fleshed her out a bit, Mami is basically a bit character in the original show. She's important for sure but in no way would she supplant Madoka or Homura as the reps. She'd need a lot of popularity that she doesn't have.

Want: 0%
She got an incredible fight scene in Rebellion and was overall enjoyable in it but... why? I see no reason to have her over literally any other important character. She'd just be super weird unless they somehow do like 6 Madoka reps.

Noms: having just seen the new movie (and loved it)... Elvis Presley

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, as well as Poison Ivy from the DC Comics.

Some videos to get into the mood to shout at monsters that they can't pass by:

And here are some videos to get into the pretty poison mood:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Chance: 98%

It's that big ol' Elephant in the room again, Gandalf's been in a lot of leaks for the game so it's hard to avoid really. The only thin going against him is the Tolkein estate being weird with rights but considering how far along Gandalf seems to be, I'm more confident than not in him getting in.

Outside of that he's a major character in Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit and is extremely popular, helped immensely by Sir Ian McKellen's excellent performance as him.

Gandalf's a fantastic character and Battle Mages are always cool to play as too. Would love to hear a lot of his iconic lines and any character interactions he has too.

Uma Therman

Chance: 80%

Poison Ivy's a pretty major and widely used Batman villain with more recent appearances like the Harley Quinn show often pairing her up with Harley. She boasts enough popularity and DC's interest in using her should keep her fairly high up the totem poll. Her only issues are other Batman and DC characters providing a ton of competition to overcome but I can see Ivy making it eventually.

I'm not too terribly attached to her but it's usually pretty fun when she turns up. Her abilities would lend themselves really well to Multiversus so I'd like to see what they come up with.

Noms:
All on Goku

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"A Wizard is Never Late, Frodo Baggins. Nor Is He Early. He Arrives Precisely When He Needs To"
Gandalf
His Theme: Main Theme from The Lord of the Rings
65%:
Based on the current datamine and leaks Gandalf should be in the game however all of his stuff was left unused and there's no voicelines found him either, not to mention all the other Lord of the Rings content found in the games files such as Legolas, Sauron's Eye in Trophy's Edge, and The Stages.

All of the stuff i said above is most likely due to the original holders for lord of the rings taking the rights somewhere and making an amazon series without warner brothers being apart of it leading indication that he alongside other content from his series have been removed.

However there is still a glimmer of hope, While Gandalf was left unused and doesn't have any voicelines, The same applied to Rick aswell and while it wasn't due to licensing Rick was kept hidden for a long while before his model was completely leaked recently and As for Sauron's Eye? it's reflection can be found in the water of the stage in some promotional videos and was teased when said videos were released, if the eye is still faintly there and is being teased for something then lord of the rings might still be hidden & they're waiting for the right moment to show off Gandalf & bring in all lord of the rings content for the game.

Though this is speculation and if i'm wrong & missed or ignored some stuff than somebody please let me know.

15%: Haven't Watch All of the Lord of the Rings, Just The First Half of the Film and The Entirety of the Third Film, Though i thought Gandalf was a pretty good character.

"I Am Nature's Arm. Her Spirit. Hell, I Am Mother Nature"
Poison Ivy
Her Theme: Ivy's Dance from Batman & Robin(Clank: Sorry, hehe)
99%: I feel her only reasoning to be in the game is largely her relationship with Harley Quinn, they've established themselves in the tv show and people might be liking it all around so it wouldn't be surprising seeing Ivy show up as a dynamic for Harley and not Joker.

Plus she's been datamine so Poison Ivy's a lock by this point.

55%: Ivy's Alright, i haven't really seen a lot of her besides Lego Batman: The Video Game and A little bit of Batman & Robin but i'm not interested of her role in the Harley Quinn TV Show for reasons i don't wanna say(but you can probably tell).

An Evangelion Character and Simon the Digger(+ Points, i don't know if this works).

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Gandalf

Chance-50%
He has been showing up a lot on leaks but there is a possibility he'll end up as an unused character. Plus Tolkien estate being weird about these types of things makes me not rule out Gandalf ending up as an unused character as well,

Want- 0%
Not too interested in the Lord of Rings in general. I would admit I don't remember Gandalf as much.

Poison Ivy

Chance- 60%
Poison Ivy being an important villain in the DC comics raises her chances quite a bit. Also her being Harley's partner would definitely makes me believe she has a decent shot.

Want- 10%
I don't really care about too much DC stuff in general. Poison Ivy does have a cool design though.

Noms
Sakura Kyoko- x4
Sailor Moon- x6

D

Deleted member

200.gif

Chance- 98%
Lord of the Rings is an iconic franchise. Classic books, an award winning film series, an upcoming TV series, and more video games than you can shake a stick at. It has a history of showing up in Warner stuff. Gandalf is often chosen as the representative for the franchise, such as in Lego Dimensions. The big thing that makes Gandalf's rating so high is that he's in the files. he has a moveset. we've seen stuff for a LOTR stage. There are multiple other references to LOTR in there. And most of all we saw his model way back when the game first leaked. I wouldn't be shocked to see him get released during the beta. The only potential snag I could see is that there has been talks of the rights to LOTR being funny. But I haven't seen any real evidence for this, nor for the talks of WB not having the game rights anymore. Gandalf seems very far along. I definitely think we'll see him.

Want - 100%
This game wouldn't feel complete without him. He just feels like such an obvious pick for this kind of thing. But being obvious doesn't make him uninteresting. I like Lord of the Rings, and Gandalf is a great character. He's a wizard so he fits into a fighting game pretty easily.

Nature always wins
Chance - 75%
Poison Ivy is a pretty popular Batman villian. She often shows up in cartoon and video games, including a playable role in Injustice 2, though her live action movie apperance is infamous for all the wrong reasons, but she's still a pretty popular character. She's definitely one of the most famous Batman rouges. Maybe not on the level of Riddler, Joker or Penquin but definitely up there. Recent appearances have painted her almost as anti hero. She has especially gained prominence lately due to her romantic relationship with Harley Quinn, something which DC finally canonised after years of ship teasing. She has a big role in the popular Harley Quinn cartoon. Her inclusion could tie into that. She does face heavy competition with other DC characters, especially other Batman rouges. But she does have something the others don't. She has lines referring to her in the files., and while plans can allways change, it at least shows they're thinking about it. I could definitely see her getting added eventually.

Want - 85%
Part of me doesn't want the roster to load up with DC characters, and thinks we have enough Batman reps in particular, especially since we're proablly getting the Joker. But I just think Ivy is a really cool character that could have an amazing moveset with all her plants. She's one of my favorite DC villains, and favorite comic villians in general. There are other DC characters I feel like should probably get in first. But I absolutely would not say no to Ivy.

Noms to Jotaro Kujo (this is mostly because I'm surprised we did Dio but not him)

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
One does not simply walk into MultiVersus

Chance: 100%
Gandalf is an iconic character in the Middle-Earth mythos and its movie adaptations. He features prominently in both the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings and is one of Sir Ian McKellen's most famous and beloved roles. He's usually picked to rep LOTR in crossovers because of his combination of iconic design and strong and versatile powerset. He also got straight up leaked. I'd be shocked if he didn't make it.

He's mother ****ing Gandalf dude. Need I say more?

Pam & Thorny

Chance: 20%
Ivy is a prominent member of Batman's rogues gallery. Maybe not an A-lister like the Joker or Catwoman but is certainly in the B-tier. She tends to play a big role in adaptations be it the animated canon, live action films (she was played by Uma Thurman in the... memorable Batman & Robin), videogames like Arkham, what have you. This has been aided by two factors. One, her motivations are pretty distinct from most Batman villains so she can easily work as an ally when required. Two, in a more recent development, the longstanding subtext between her and Harley became text and the two became canon girlfriends in pretty much every single incarnation out there (including a very well received Harley Quinn show that I still haven't watched). With how popular Quinn is and how much DC is pushing her it makes sense that Ivy is also getting a major boost in profile.

So, will she be in MultiVersus? Maybe! She's popular and famous... but so are most of Batman's villains. And admittedly recent developments have made her less of a Batman character and more of a Harley Quinn character, and I don't know if being a big fish in a small pond hurts or helps when the big pond is Batman. But plant powers are a cool moveset concept. And with the game's focus on duos, what better duo to pair Harley up with than Ivy? (I guess the other obvious answer here is Joker, who's more likely, but, yeah...)

Honestly I always thought Ivy was super cool. The scientist turned eco-terrorist was right up my alley (I, like everyone else, played Final Fantasy VII and thought it was the ****). Plus her design is great. And her relationship with Harley being turned into the status quo (rather than a thing that happens briefly before Harley returns to being cuckoo bananas) is super cool and has been done well in many storylines (even if the ones that aren't as well done usually end up just sidelining her as "Harley's girlfriend" while clown girl steals the show). So yeah I'd be down.

Noms: Elvis

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Gandalf
Chance: 99.99%
Well, for starters, there's that leaked image of Gandalf on the character select screen. Plus there's some data relating to LotR stages in the files. I have a pretty good feeling he'll show up soon.
Abstain Want
Abstain Ivy too
Noms: Goku x5

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Gandalf

I feel really confident in him happening. Lord of the Rings is super popular and there's even a new show coming out for a further relevancy boost. Gandalf is definitely the best character to go for since he can rep both The Hobbit and LotR.

Oh and there's also the little fact that he's been leaked multiple times already including his render. If he doesn't get in I will eat a shoe.

Lord of the Rings is great. The Hobbit is great. Gandalf is grey great and we need more wizard characters both in MultiVersus and in fighters in general. Put him in.

-----

Poison Ivy

Chance: 60%
Probably the most likely Batman villain after Joker. Very popular and she gets grouped with Harley a lot. From the small clips I've seen of the Harley show, she also seems to be pretty prominent there so that's extra points for relevancy.

Want: 80%
She's pretty cool and I can see her having some fun interactions with Harley. Also plant-based fighters is something I feel like I don't see much in games so I'd be down for her getting in.

-----

Noms to Concept: The Big O rep

KillerCage

Smash Master
YOU SHALL NOT PASS GANDALF!

Chances-85%
I don't think I can add much more to the discussion. Gandalf has so much going for him that he's practically confirmed. The only hang up is rights shenanigans regarding the Lord of the Rings IP.

Want-50%
I grew up with the films and have read the Hobbit. Beyond that, I'm neutral on Gandalf. He's practically confirmed to be in MultiVerses so it doesn't matter what I want.

It's Harley's girlfriend Poison Ivy!

I'm sorry, but I have to abstain from giving Ivy either a chance or want score. We have rated so many DC characters that I'm sick of them. If I did rate Ivy, I would be very biased and give an unfair score which she doesn't deserve.

My noms:
William Cage (Edge of Tomorrow) x5
Discord (My Little Pony) x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
He-Man
Chance: 27.2%

Mami Tomoe
Chance: 1.75%
Want: 52%

Mami is now the least likely character.

Noms List

75+
William Cage x80

50-74
Monkey D. Luffy x50

25-49
Audrey II x42
Pennywise x40
Sakura Kyoko x40
Grim x40
Blue Beetle x35
Steve Urkel x35
Discord (MLP) x35
Six Flags content x32
Marceline x30
Goku x30
Wile E. Coyote x25
Roger Smith x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
John Gotti x20
Mob x15
Courage x15
Elvis Presley x15
Jackie Chan x11
Leonardo (TMNT) x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Mac & Bloo x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
Evangelion character x5
Simon the Digger x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Sailor Moon x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

oh no a Belrog!

Chance: 95%

If it wasn't for the Tolkien Estate being involved, Gandalf would be guaranteed. Even putting aside
the leaks which are quite damning
, he would still be highly likely. He's a major character from one of the most famous trilogies of all time and he feels like the perfect fit for this game. I think Lord of the Rings will probably end up with several characters and Gandalf is one of the obvious choices since he's also in The Hobbit so he's very prominent.

1. He's a wizard which we need more of in platform fighters. 2. Lord of the Rings is awesome and He's a good rep for it. 3.
He's practically confirmed as he has a model in the files. Just announce him already!

Batman is gonna try to buy her things with his bat card

Chance: 60%

It's true that there are a lot of iconic and popular DC characters. But I'd argue Poison Ivy stands out a bit. In addition to her various appearances in the animated movies and video games, she's also got a long history with Harley who is already in the game. Harley has achieved mainstream popularity, and by proximity Poison Ivy has gotten some more fame thanks to the recent Harley Quinn show which features Poison Ivy prominently. While there are many directions they could go in when it comes to DC representation, I feel that alone makes the pretty poison stand out just enough that I could see her taking a spot on the roster.

I will echo what pretty much everyone said: A plant-based moveset has lots of potential as games like Injustice have shown. And I'm not gonna lie, I am biased toward Poison Ivy since I saw Batman vs Robin at a young age and Uma Thurman became my first celebrity crush. She was the best part of that film, don't @ me.

Noms:
Luffy x5
Steve Urkel 5

Day over.

Rate Shuichi Kitaoka from Kamen Rider Ryuki, as well as Ultraman.

Some videos to get into the mood to take down enemies with your Magnuvisor:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to use the ultra beam and strike:

Warner Bros aired Kamen Rider Ryuki and Dragon Knight on CW and they distributed the Ultra movie, Ultra Monster Battle.

Super Lawyer

Chance: 5%

I will let Gwen be the one to go in-depth since I don't know a lot about Kamen Rider but let me give you all an introduction. Kamen Rider is a tokusatsu franchise that began in 1971 with the first Kamen Rider TV show. For those who don't know, tokusatsu is a Japanese term which refers to dramas that heavily use special effects. This term is often used for giant monster shows/films and superhero material. Kamen Rider is one of the most famous examples of the tokusatsu genre, in fact it helped launch the second kaiju boom of the 1970s.

Kamen Rider tends to focus on superheroes who drive motorcycles and have suits that resemble insects. They fight supervillains using CQC techniques and over the top weapons. in Shuichi's case, his Kamen Rider form is called Zolda and he uses a submachine gun and his finisher End of World is him grabbing a gun (The Magnuvisor) and putting it into a robot and having it do an all out beam attack.

Now is Kamen Rider likely for MultiVersus? Ehh to be honest I don't think so. For one, the connection with Warner Bros is really loose. Like, very loose. And while Kamen Rider has a western fanbase, it's not that big. Kamen Rider is mostly popular in Japan and I'm not sure if MultiVersus is even planned to release in Japan. Pus there's the elephant in the room being competition. Shuichi is not the only Kamen Rider. In fact there are dozens of them. I'm not sure which ones are the most popular, but either way that is a lot of hurdles.

I've only watched a handful of episodes of Kamen Rider Kuuga and that's the extent of my personal experience with Kamen Rider. I am a tokusatsu fan, though it's only recently that I began to get into the superhero side of the genre. So my knowledge of Kamen Rider is limited. But from the clips I've seen and with how much my friend Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen gushes about the series, I'm definitely up for it. Kamen Rider is very wacky, it has humor and charm to it and I do want to get more into it after I catch up with the Ultra series.

Speaking of...

He's returned, He's returned! Ultraman!!

Ultraman is another icon of the tokusatsu genre. Eiji Tsuburaya, the special effects director of many tokusatsu films including the showa era Godzilla films, created his own studio in 1963: Tsuburaya Productions. The studio created their breakout series, Ultra Q. This show focuses on humanity taking on giant monsters and unexplainable phenomenons and was a huge success. It was the most expensive show to air in Japan at that point, taking the special effects techniques in giant monster films and applying them to a TV show, making the episodes feel like miniature kaiju movies.

After Ultra Q, Tsuburaya Productions created the original Ultraman series. This is the first appearance of the titular character and it set the formula for the Ultra series. This franchise focuses on various Ultra men from different universes who defend Earth from monsters and invaders from space. The Ultras come from space and are giant heroes, though when they arrive on Earth, they often either disguise themselves as humans or merge with a person whom they see as having virtue. The Ultra series is known for its excellent special effects, likeable casts of characters, thought provoking storytelling, and very fun fight scenes which range from over the top goofiness to shockingly gory.

There are many different ultra men, ranging from Ultraseven, Ultraman Ace, Ultraman Orb, Ultraman Z, Ultraman R and B, Ultraman Tiga, and so forth. But the original Ultraman, the one we are rating, is by far the most iconic and would certainly be the one chosen. His fighting style is similar to judo and of course there is his iconic Spacium Beam. So yeah, Ultraman would have no problem standing out if his giant stature and design didn't already do that.

But now comes the question: Will Warner Bros put Ultraman in MultiVersus? It's a tricky question. While he doesn't have the competition issue that Shuichi has (hence the higher score), he's still in a similar spot to Kamen Rider. He has a decent fanbase in the West and while Ultraman media has gotten easier to access and is being more marketed in the West thanks to Mill Creek, the franchise still ain't mega popular. And again, the connection to Warner Bros is flimsy. I'd say his chances are decent, though if we do see Ultraman in the game, it won't be for a while.

I've always been curious about Ultraman ever since I became a Godzilla fan at the age of 10. But for the longest time it was hard to watch any kind of Ultra media legally. That was until 2019 when Mill Creek started to release Ultra media in the West and so far we've gotten over 20 Ultra shows on mostly blu-ray with some DVD releases. And let me tell you, I'm loving it. I love the designs of the ultra men, monsters and aliens. I love all the creative stories they tell and some of them were way ahead of their time.

In the original Ultraman show, there is an episode called The Monster Graveyard where the characters look back on the monsters they killed and they actually hold a funeral for them. That was unexpected, but it adds another layer to the dynamic of these shows. The monsters aren't just there to be cool, destroy things, and fight Ultraman. They are living creatures that are too big for their own good and end up being killed for it. Famous Tokusatsu director Ishiro Honda had this to say about monsters:

"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy."

It's storytelling like that that makes me such a big fan of the Ultra series and other giant monster media. Between the cheesy special effects, humorous moments (both intentionally and unintentionally), the entertaining fight scenes, the hype moments when the ultra men team up, and the deep themes, this franchise and tokusatsu as a whole are a wild ride. I look forward to experiencing more of it and it would be a dream come true to see this genre get some representation, especially if I'm able to use the Spacium Beam to pwn people with.

Noms: Jason Voorhees x20

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I didn't plan to participate due to not liking the gameplay much but I'll make an exception for my favourite franchises. And the tag from Dangan

"Don't lose your kindness. Take care of the weak and help each other. And don't stop trying to be friendly with people from other countries, no matter how many times you're disappointed. Those are my last wishes"

March 30th 1973

Tomorrow's Ace is You

Ultraman Ace

Chance: 10% Ultraman is a massive scifi show made by Eiji Tsuburaya who had worked on Godzilla which ended up being so massively popular that the giant alien is one of the most iconic Japanese superheroes out there. Back in the original show's run, tv ratings would sometimes get up to 40% viewership which is insane to think about. The franchise was also massively influential on pop culture, inspiring many works and people with the whole tokusatsu boom, Neon Genesis Evangelion's heavy Christian imagery (Anno seemed to miss the entire Jesus allegory from the classic when making this lmao), Pokemon and many, many more. The franchise is still doing well today, having only taken a short hiatus between the 80's and 90's with Ultraman Decker being the next series coming later this year and most importantly, Shin Ultraman, Hideaki Anno's attempt to capture the spirit of his childhood classic which has been killing it in the box office with just Japan's sold tickets seeing as the movie's yet to be released worldwide. As for Ultraman's chances, TsuPro successfully got the full international rights to the franchise back after a decade long dispute and since then, there has been an aggresive push to western audiences be it the multiple Netflix projects, Mill Creek's fantastic effort is putting a massive chunk of the franchise available on DVD with official English subs, dubbed movies in English (in which I believe the Smash 64 announcer plays Ultraman Rosso), the Marvel Comics collab and crossover and even a Monster Rancher game. It's very clear to me that TsuPro would happily agree to Ultraman's inclusion, especially as Ultraman USA, which was made with the help of Hannah Barbara, still ends up getting a fair share of love throughout the years, including physical suits. As for whether or not Ultraman could be considered, his status is very much apparant and he could be a boon towards the Japanese market should the devs want to try and jump on that and he has plenty to work with for a moveset, a wrestling-esque style of martial arts may be difficult when most of the cast are smaller than the Ultra but he still has access to all sorts of abilities like flight, laser sawblades, barriers and most importantly, the Spacium Ray. I think the barriers would be used to help protect teammates from projectiles while this large creature tosses a couple of projectiles and dropkicks. Hell, there's so many Ultras that there's plenty of good options to use for alts. The biggest concern however to me is whether or not WB is petty. TsuPro will gladly co-operate but I wonder if someone at WB will say no solely for the licensed Marvel comics, which are now crossing over with Iron Man, Captain Marvel and Spiderman.

Want: 100% If this extensive writeup didn't make it obvious, I'm quite fond of Ultraman and though it's merely casually, I hold this franchise in high regard and admire it's efforts. The old school series is so charming to see how the special effects were handled in the day and all the superb monster suits that still hold up like Baltan, Gomora, Zetton, Eleking, Metron and countless others. I found myself pleasantly surprised by the Marvel comic run for how true to the series it was despite a bold and different take than usual, I love how there's loads of episodes in which the issues with the giant monsters get resolved peacefully, showing that these aren't mindless beasts but rather sentient beings with the potential to be friends, I have Shin Ultraman as my most anticipated movie, hell, I even have Figuarts of Ultraman himself and a Baltan Figuarts. I ask of anyone reading this to consider giving this series a chance

"I think there's one condition that prevents a person from becoming a hero. The moment someone decides they want to be a hero, they've failed"

December 22nd 2002

Tiger's A Hero

Shuichi Kitaoka

I'll talk about the character first before getting in to things seeing as most people may be unfamiliar with this character, though the show he's from is available to watch for free completely legally here provided you live in the states/have a VPN.

Shuichi Kitaoka is an exceptionally good lawyer, perfect record and will singlehandedly get you off the hook regardless of your crimes. He does this not for fame, fortune or even for what's right, but for the thrill of being able to proof he's the best lawyer out there. A man living a luxurious yet morally dubious life, seeing as how his first appearance has him chased by criminals trying to kill him after winning a lawsuit before it's revealed that the criminals hired him and Kitaoka decided to have fun by embezzling from them, he's also a slimy git be it when it comes to women he fancies or trying to get someone to kill himself. Kitoaka simply wishes to live the best life there is, doing everything he could ever want. However, he's ill. Terminally ill. 'Going to die very soon' ill. With this news, he decides to sell meth to support his fami-wait wrong franchise. rearranges notes One day, he is approached by a man called Shiro Kanzaki, who gives him an Advent Deck, letting him become Kamen Rider Zolda to fight for his life in a battle royale among Kamen Riders, where the final reward will give him exactly what he wants, however, things take a turn for the worse when a serial killer who has a grudge against Kitaoka escapes prison and becomes a Kamen Rider too. Here's his arsenal.

Chance: 1% Let's talk about positives first. Kamen Rider Ryuki does have ties to WB with it's American adaptation Dragon Knight being on CW Kids with the show being surprisingly popular and Kitaoka is a beloved character from the source material which was a massive influence on the future of Kamen Rider and a big influence on pretty much every Battle Royale thing from Japan since. Now for the negatives. Kamen Rider Dragon Knight's massive popularity was merely internally, with the show's ratings and toy sales being poor enough to justify cancellation had the network not loved what they were had on their hands, only 'cancelling' the show due to an internal mandate to replace shows at a certain time of year while making sure the last few episodes were available online. Dragon Knight itself appears to be abandoned entirely with next to no acknowledgement officially since one of Japan's Kamen Rider games referenced 'venting'. As for the source material, despite being available on ShoutFactory for free and having some higher profile fans like Chris Hackney being excited about it, it's still a fairly niche franchise with Toei spending more effort on other Kamen Rider entries being brought to the US. It'd also be pretty inconvinient for the game's model as while this is mere speculation on my part, Toei doesn't seem to like recolours or alts, especially as Zolda has no alternative forms that could be used, meaning overall, there'd be so much effort for very little demand

Want: 100% It's no secret that I adore Kamen Rider as a whole but when it comes to Ryuki and it's characters, I truly believe it is a masterpiece anyone and everyone should watch, my last profile pic was even from it, now being replaced by the upcoming Geats. Having rewatched the show again these past few weeks, Kitaoka is a very fun character to watch seeing as he's a total scumbag with few redeeming qualities yet he does slowly become less of an awful person over time and has a very memorable line about heroism which I included and though it may feel unearned as he clearly doesn't fit his own definition of a hero, he doesn't pretend he is one. Seeing how his potential playstyle would work is also quite easy as there just so happens to be a moment in the show which has him need to rely on someone else's support despite the whole 'Only one Rider may exist' thing

I see his Advent Deck working like Velma's Evidence in a way here, with his teammates being able to pick up cards for him to use like his bazooka, shoulder cannons, shield or even his Contract Monster Magnugiga. That last one especially sounds fun as it means you can figure a way for Kitaoka to use his Final Vent, giving the game a character with a super move, exciting stuff all around and an opportunity for more people to enjoy my niche favourite is truly a total treat.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Not Captain Falcon

Chance: 2%

It's pretty damn popular in Japan but worldwide it's more of a cult following. All I've been able to gather is that the attempts at coming west are... a huge pain the butt to put it lightly so I wouldn't be entirely shocked if people on the team had little idea of what it is even though it's not too far off from Godzilla.

Want: Abstain.

I have no proper exposure to the series yet. Gifs and images are all well and good but I'd rather wait and watch with my partners.

Make my Not Captain Falcon Grow

Chance: 4%

This one's also pretty damn popular but it's had a bit more success in regards to the west. I know there's a Netflix show for it at the least and there's crossovers with Marvel but it's still not a whole lot.

Want: Abstain.

Same as above. No proper exposure, would rather wait and watch with my partners.

Noms:
All on Goku

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Shuichi Kitaoka

Chance- 0.5%
There is a chance Toei might want a Kamen Rider character in Multiversus. Despite being mega popular in Japan, I find Shuichi's chances low due to Kamen Rider is pretty much cult status in the Western hemisphere.

Want- 70%
Even though I am not the biggest fan on Kamen Rider in general. I think Shuichi or any Kamen Rider character would be an interesting addition.

Ultraman

Chance- 40%
Ultraman series is mega popular in Japan just like Kamen Rider is as well. Unlike Shuichi Ultraman has a better chance than him due to Ultraman is more known in the West. Also Ultraman himself popped up in a decent amount of crossovers and he has materials coming out in the west as well.

Want- 80%
Ultraman is a pretty cool character in general. I honestly want him to be in crossovers like these.

Noms
Sailor Moon- x6
Sakura Kyoko- x4

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Abstain on Both, I've Never Seen Kamen Rider & Ultraman i am only familiar with it from my brother who's a fan of both

Seeing Them appear in the game would be cool and would make my brother happy.

Mob-x10
Courage-x10

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
It's Power Rangers' old brother KAMEN RIDER!

I have to abstain from giving a chance and want score. The reason? I know practically nothing about the franchise and I have no interest getting into it.

It's kaiju Kamen Rider, ULTRAMAN!

Guess what? Abstain time again! It's the same reason why I refrained from rating Shuichi Kitaoka.

My noms:
Abstain on Both, I've Never Seen Kamen Rider & Ultraman i am only familiar with it from my brother who's a fan of both

Seeing Them appear in the game would be cool and would make my brother happy.

Mob-x20
Courage-x20
Sir, you can't give THAT many nominations when you only have two sentences. At most you can give 5 noms per character if you have written at least two sentences per character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Abstain on Shuichi as I've only seen bits and pieces of Kamen Rider. Not nearly enough to be able to do a full write up.

Ultraman
Chance- 10%
Ultraman is a huge series in Japan, being probably their biggest superhero. The series has ran since 1966, and has had numerous TV shows, movies, video games and merchandise. The series is hugely influential, with multiple people, including Akira Toriyama and Hideki Kamiya, naming it as a huge influence. It's definitely got the legacy and importanice. But will Player First choose to include it? We do know the team are open to working wirh Japanese characters due to the inclusion of Godzilla. Ultreman does seemingly have some decent popularty in the USA. There was a Netflix show and Marvel have been publising an Ultraman comic range for a few years now, with a crossover with their mainline heroes planned for next year. It's worth noting DC do have an Ultraman of their own, the evil Superman from Earth-3, but consdeirng he would probably be a premium skin at most, I don't think that effects this the chances of this Ultraman very much. I'm just not sure how strong the WB connection is.

Want- 20%
I really don't know too much about this series but he seems neat! I'm always up for getting unexpected but important characters like this and he has a cool design. Sounds like he could have a pretty fun moveset too. I'd definitely try him first he got in.

Noms to Jotaro and the Mask (as in the Jim Carrey movie)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It's Power Rangers' old brother KAMEN RIDER!

I have to abstain from giving a chance and want score. The reason? I know practically nothing about the franchise and I have no interest getting into it.

It's kaiju Kamen Rider, ULTRAMAN!

Guess what? Abstain time again! It's the same reason why I refrained from rating Shuichi Kitaoka.

My noms:

Sir, you can't give THAT many nominations when you only have two sentences. At most you can give 5 noms per character if you have written at least two sentences per character.
As in put more into my sentences with explanations or nominate someone else?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Kitaoka

Chance 2% - I don't know how Kamen Rider got into this but I'm on board, but unless a miracle happens I cannot see a Kamen Rider joining the roster and Kitaoka has an even lower chance. If by chance a rider does get it I can really only see it being Ichigo.

Want 100% - KAMEN RIDER RYUKI IS PEAK FICTION, You can watch it on TokuShoutsu and it is an official release! It is one of my personal favorite KR Series.

Ultraman

Chance 10% - Slightly higher chance than KR but I still can't really see it. Ultraman is the bigger series and seems to be way more prevalent in the west, but it is still more obscure.

Want 100% - Ultraman is too iconic and would be a fun addition. Having a Tokusatsu hero join the roster in general would be fun and having it be Ultraman would make a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Kamen Rider Ryuki
Chance:
1%
I'm glad that everyone before me got through explaining what Ryuki was so I don't have to include that part. As has been said, it has a very tenuous connection to Warner Bros. and just doesn't seem to be the kind of character they'd dip into, even for crossovers. I also just don't think they'd even go for Ryuki if they did go with Kamen Rider - I'd expect to see the original or Kuuga first, or even Zero-One, considering those are some of the few officially-licensed Kamen Riders to come to the US. We don't talk about Masked Rider, and while the previously-mentioned Dragon Knight makes for a Ryuki case I think the inability to watch Dragon Knight legally anywhere nowadays sort of squashes that possibility. A shame.

Want: 90%
So, I love tokusatsu. I love Godzilla, I love Sentai, and yes, I love Kamen Rider. Ryuki, however, is a series I more respect than actively say I'm a fan of. I have seen parts of it and understand everything that happens to it and its themes, and it's super notable for being a giant influence on modern Kamen Rider and on Gen Urobuchi, among many others. Ryuki has fantastic powers and I can recognize it as a great show. Any Kamen Rider content would be awesome to me. However, my favorite Kamen Rider series' are Fourze and the original, so I'd love to see them more! Or perhaps OOOs or W or Den-O or Zero-One or ExAid...there are a lot of Kamen Riders I really like, okay.

Ultraman
Chance:
15%
Ultraman is fascinating when it comes to chance because I'd argue he's probably just below Power Rangers in terms of western success. Ultraman was all over Fox Kids and was definitely a big cultural touchstone for a certain generation. In a weird way it's a forgotten one - I'd argue Power Rangers never fell out of the zeitgeist and neither did stuff like Sailor Moon or even Gundam but for some reason Ultraman is sort of on the down low right now. Still, he has enough relevance, and could be a really fun crossover to have, especially since giant characters are on the table. However, something unusual is that in the movie version of Ready Player One, WB replaced Ultraman's role with The Iron Giant. Horribly tone deaf move and a terrible book and movie? Sure, but I'm just saying, they had the chance to include Ultraman in something and either couldn't get the rights or just chose not to use him. Just something to keep in mind.

Want: 95%
Oh hell yes! Ultraman is such a cool property, and I'm with everyone who said it'd just be neat to see him in a crossover like this. Cool character, amazing design, fun powers, massively inspirational...it's a great move. He's just fun! I'd love to tower over other players as a fighting machine. With that, I leave you with the Ultraman Rap:

Ultramaaa-aaaan~!

Nominations: Roger Smith (The Big O) xMax

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So the way that the noms system works is that with double days, you are automatically given 10 noms total for the day, either by abstaining or giving each character 2 sentences per score. Since you abstained, you can only allocate 10 noms to your nominees. And don't forget that you need to keep giving noms to the same characters until they are locked down (which happens at the end of the schedule if they are in the top 14). Got it?

The only way you can have more noms is if you give a character 10 sentences, then you gain 15 noms total. Give both characters 10 sentences and you can earn up to 20 noms.

Kitaoka

Chance 2% - I don't know how Kamen Rider got into this but I'm on board, but unless a miracle happens I cannot see a Kamen Rider joining the roster and Kitaoka has an even lower chance

Want 100% - KAMEN RIDER RYUKI IS PEAK FICTION, You can watch it on TokuShoutsu and it is an official release!

Ultraman

Chance 10% - Slightly higher chance than KR but I still can't really see it

Want 100% - Ultraman is too iconic and would be a fun addition.
I like your enthusiasm, but I want to let you know that you need at least 2 sentences per score if you want the scores to be counted.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So the way that the noms system works is that with double days, you are automatically given 10 noms total for the day, either by abstaining or giving each character 2 sentences per score. Since you abstained, you can only allocate 10 noms to your nominees. And don't forget that you need to keep giving noms to the same characters until they are locked down (which happens at the end of the schedule if they are in the top 14). Got it?

The only way you can have more noms is if you give a character 10 sentences, then you gain 15 noms total. Give both characters 10 sentences and you can earn up to 20 noms.

I like your enthusiasm, but I want to let you know that you need at least 2 sentences per score if you want the scores to be counted.
So, just 10x for each nominee when i abstain. i think i got it.

Edit at 7/24/22 at 6:00 PM: I Changed the points to my post.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So, just 10x for each nominee when i abstain. i think i got it.

Edit at 7/24/22 at 6:00 PM: I Changed the points to my post.
No. You can only give 5 noms to each character. You have 10 noms total, which means that you only have those 10 noms to use. The only way to give each of your nominees 10 noms each is to write 10 sentences total for each rating.

If you need anymore clarification, PM me so we don't clog up the thread.

KillerCage

Smash Master
You need at least ten sentences in order to give any particular character 10 nominations which is the maximum for one rated character. If two characters are being rated on the same day (like today with Kamen Rider and Ultraman), then you could give a character 20 nominations or two characters 10 nominations eachs IF you write at least 10 sentences for each of the rated characters of the day.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
You need at least ten sentences in order to give any particular character 10 nominations which is the maximum for one rated character. If two characters are being rated on the same day (like today with Kamen Rider and Ultraman), then you could give a character 20 nominations or two characters 10 nominations eachs IF you write at least 10 sentences for each of the rated characters of the day.
So, 10 Sentences to explain my nominations when rating them?

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Kamen Rider Ryuki

Chance: 5%

The connection between Kamen Rider and WB is tenuous as stated before. There was only the American adaption of Ryuki aired on CW. Kamen Rider has minimal Western presence aside from the 2 adaptations and Team Rider US bringing merchandise over to the US. Also, some Kamen Rider DVDs as well.

Want: 90%
I love Kamen Rider and I think a Kamen Rider rep would be cool given third parties are on the table. I did see someone on Reddit make a concept for Kamen Rider Ichigo and how he would play in MultiVersus. Ichigo would be the Even though I would prefer MultiVersus to stick to the wide library of Warner Bros character, Kamen Rider would be kind of cool in this game. I always wondered how Kamen Rider would work in a platfighter. I overall like the concept. Ridahhh kick!!

Ultraman

Chance: 10%

Another toku franchise with minimal connection to WB. As Flyboy Flyboy stated before, Ultraman was replaced with The Iron Giant in the Ready Player One movie. That says a lot about Ultraman’s chances. Plus, we don’t know how picky Tsuburaya Productions will be with the Ultraman IP when it comes to crossovers. Overall, there’s a chance but not really.

Want: 85%
I love toku in general so Ultraman would be cool. I prefer Kamen Rider and the liking but a good choice. Plus, I would love to see Ultraman duke it out against Godzilla. As I said before, I’m intrigued as to how toku superheroes would work in a platfighter. A good choice here as well

Nominations:
Sesame Street content x5
Six Flags content x5

KillerCage

Smash Master
So, 10 Sentences to explain my nominations when rating them?
Yeah. If you write below 10 but at least two sentences for a rated character, you can give only 5 nominations at most for one character. You can split the 5 nominations between two or more characters, but that's very inefficient. If we are rating two or more characters at the same time, the number of nominations you can give is multiplied by the same amount. So if you wrote at least 10 sentences for each of two rated characters, you can give out 20 nominations. If you wrote 10 sentences for the first rated character but wrote 5 for the second rated character, you can give out 15 nominations. Hope this helps.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Yeah. If you write below 10 but at least two sentences for a rated character, you can give only 5 nominations at most for one character. You can split the 5 nominations between two or more characters, but that's very inefficient. If we are rating two or more characters at the same time, the number of nominations you can give is multiplied by the same amount. So if you wrote at least 10 sentences for each of two rated characters, you can give out 20 nominations. If you wrote 10 sentences for the first rated character but wrote 5 for the second rated character, you can give out 15 nominations. Hope this helps.
This Will Help, Though If I Make Mistakes let me know.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think I'll just leave this one to those that know more about the subject. I will say that I think Ultraman is more popular in the West so I could see that getting the nod more.

Noms: Elvis

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Gandalf
Chance: 87.89%
Want: 70.63%

Poison Ivy
Chance: 64.86%
Want: 69.29%

Noms List

75+
William Cage x85

50-74
Monkey D. Luffy x55

25-49
Goku x45
Sakura Kyoko x44
Audrey II x42
Pennywise x40
Grim x40
Discord (MLP) x40
Steve Urkel x40
Blue Beetle x35
Steve Urkel x35
Roger Smith x35
Six Flags content x32
Marceline x30
Elvis Presley x30
Wile E. Coyote x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
John Gotti x20
Jotaro Kujo x20
Mob x15
Courage x15
Jackie Chan x11
Leonardo (TMNT) x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Mac & Bloo x10
Evangelion character x10
Simon the Digger x10
Sailor Moon x8
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Osmosis Jones x5
Harry Hill x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate the following characters:
  • Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat)
  • Concept: Animaniacs rep
  • Jack Torrance (The Shining)
For triple days, here are the rules:
  • Everybody automatically gets 15 noms. Either from abstaining or giving each character a minimum of 4 sentences.
  • Yes, you can earn up to 30 noms if you give all three characters 10 sentences (for a total of 30 sentences in your post).
  • Due to how often people go above and beyond for their posts, expect these days to be longer. I've been doing roughly 72 hours for double days so expect triple days to consistently go on longer than that. I don't want anyone to feel pressured into rushing their ratings. I will remind you all that you are able to edit your posts at any point while the day is live. So if you need to do one or two ratings at a time, do it.
Now for some videos to get into the mood to finish them!!

Next up are some videos to get into the zany cartoon hijinks mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to run away from an insane axe killer:

A reminder that this is the last day of the schedule. So make those noms count.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Heeeeeere's Johnny!

Chance: 50%

Johnny's actually a decently popular Mortal Kombat character and in the new trilogy he's a pretty major character being one of the very few heroic characters that didn't get slaughtered by Sindel and then having a special power that helped him (and later on his daughter) beat Shinnok. He's also the main character in the classic MK movie which is a cult classic and fan favourite.

On the other hand the recent MK movie didn't have him at all but it did end on a tease that he was coming. I think he stands a decidedly strong chance though.

Johnny's one of my mains in the series, especially as of recent. He's got a ton of personality that can absolutely shine through in Multiversus with all the character interactions and I'd love to see what they bring over into a platform fighter.

Animaniacs rep

I feel extremely confident in saying that at least one character in the game will be from the Animaniacs. It just lends itself exceptionally well to Multiversus and there's plenty of great choices. On the merits of Animaniacs, it's a really popular series and it has a new currently airing show that makes it ripe for the picking.

Want: Abstain

It's been a long, long while since I saw anything Animaniacs outside of memes so I'll abstain on this bit.

Heeeeeere's Johnny! Wait a sec...

Jack's an extremely iconic character and The Shining is regarded as a fantastic must see film. I think that alone gives him a decent leg up in regards to consideration. But I think the main things going against him are that The Shining and it's sequel Doctor Sleep have characters that immediately lend themselves better to a fighting game, not to say that he couldn't fight, LeBron's doing basic basketball things after all. But in regards to The Shining and Doctor Sleep as well as the horror genre in general he might feel a little bit plain in comparison to other ideas.

That said I'd still be down for him, one could argue that Jason Voorhees is also basic but I loved using him in MKX, it ultimately depends on the execution of the moveset and so far the Multiversus devs haven't missed imo and sometimes the basics are more fun than the really cool flashy stuff. But potential moveset concerns aside I think Jack would be really cool and fun to see in a fighting game.

Noms:
Half on Goku
Half on Jolyne Cujoh

Top Bottom