• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate The Last Movie You Watched

Rapidkirby3k

"Let's Go!"
NNID
Rapidkirby3k
Switch FC
0884-6756-7584
Zootopia 9/10

Watched this animated film at the movie theaters on one Saturday in 3D and I loved it! :grin:

Last edited:

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Django Unchained: 8/10

With this I've finally watched all the available Tarantino movies on netflix. Django was a very good movie; which I expected from another Tarantino film. Some parts dragged a little. At 2 hours and 45 minutes it could have definitely been a little shorter, but overall Django was a blast to watch.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The Secret Life of Pets - 9/10

A very funny and comical movie overall.

EDIT:

Ghostbusters (2016) - 6.5/10
Finding Dory - 9.5/10

EDIT:

Suicide Squad - 4/10 - Will Smith and Margot Robbie's interpretation of their characters were well done. However, I was pretty much disappointed with the narrative plot, parts of the editing and some of the other cast.

Last edited:

Queen of Sirens

Smash Rookie
Blade Runner - 10/10

I got around to watching this classic and I'm so glad I did. I'll keep the rating short and just say that it has incredible cinematography, pacing, writing, setpieces, soundtrack, and acting. This is what I consider Ridley Scott's definitive masterpiece, moreso than Alien. If you want a scifi thriller that's both high entertainment and deeply thought-provoking, watch Blade Runner.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just saw Evil Dead 2 for the first time. My rating of it varies - I found the early horror sections of the movie to be mixed (I liked some parts, but some scenes dragged), but everything after this was absolutely fantastic. All in all, if I had to give it a number, I'd say 7/10 - I thought it was good, but I definitely preferred Army of Darkness.

I'm trying to watch a bunch of Halloween-related or horror movies that I haven't seen before (I don't really watch horror, so the only ones that I've seen are Alien, the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street, the Thing, and the Terminator if that counts, along with non-scary movies with similar themes like Shaun of the Dead and the Nightmare Before Christmas). I'm planning to watch a handful of Halloween movies (the first two and Halloween: 20 Years Later) and the Rocky Horror Picture Show, since I haven't seen any of those - I'll post my impressions here.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)
Rating: 7/10

Finally saw the movie for the first time on Pay-Per-View as I've been wanting to see it since it was first announced earlier in the year prior to its release over the summer. While I did enjoyed most of the action sequences and the sense of humor the film has, the story isn't as good as the original Independence Day from twenty years ago. The lack of Will Smith in the film was a letdown for me and it's a shame that a few of the characters that appeared in the first film ends up dead in this one.

Overall, It's still a pretty good movie and I would recommend it especially if you've seen the original.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Halloween: 8/10

I'm trying to get caught up on Halloween themed movies this year (I also saw Evil Dead 2, and I'm planning on watching the Rocky Horror Picture Show), so I decided to watch Halloween. I don't watch many scary movies (Alien being the biggest exception), but a few things helped me make the decision to watch this one:

-John Carpenter: I've only seen two John Carpenter movies (Escape from New York and the Thing), but I've really enjoyed both of them

-lack of gore: most of the reviews said that it lacked gore or jumpscares compared to later slashers, and was more of a thriller. I can be a bit squeamish when it comes to that stuff, so that was perfect for me.

I really enjoyed the movie. While the first hour was mostly set-up, it did a good job at making the teenage characters into relatable and normal people, and Michael Myers was constantly lurking in the background, rarely commented on or drawn attention to, like a homicidal "Where's Waldo".

I can see why this was Jamie Lee Curtis's star-making role, as she did a great job here. While Donald Pleasance's Dr. Loomis got a lot of screentime, I feel like he would have came out of nowhere in-universe. Laurie's been cornered by Michael, when out of nowhere, some balding guy shows up, pulls out a gun, and shoots him a bunch of times. Would have been nice to have one scene with them interacting, though maybe that would have thrown off the pacing.

All in all, I really enjoyed the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Halloween II: 7/10

Halloween II was a solid sequel and (rather unusually for a sequel, by my understanding) is set on the same night as the first, only moments later. It was gorier than the first one (I really dislike scenes of people getting injected with things or eye trauma, so the shot of the doctor with a needle in his eye really grossed me out), but still a solid, straightforward storyline.

Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Pleasance continue to be excellent in their roles, and it's a shame that (to my knowledge) from this point on in the series it's only one or the other dealing with Michael. While I've heard that John Carpenter came up with the plot twist of Laurie's relation to Michael on the spur of the moment, it really works. It explains why he's targeting her specifically, but his reason for being so determined to murder his own family is still a mystery.

Speaking of Michael, he seems more like a force of nature this time around (at times, appearing out of the shadows like he's a part of them), and it's interesting how his actions change from one movie to the next. In the first movie, his kills were generally quick - stabbing or choking people, nothing fancy. In the second movie, his kills seem more elaborate, whether it's the aforementioned needle scene, draining the blood from someone's body, or super-heating water to boil someone alive. I feel like, after being shot six times and falling two stories, he's extremely pissed off by this point and is taking it out on his victims.

I didn't like it as much as the first one, as I didn't find the hospital staff as interesting, but it was still a really good movie. It was more of a conclusive ending to the story of Michael Myers (compared to the first one, which ended on a cliffhanger), and while I don't know how they'll explain how Michael surviving the ending, I'll just skip to H20, since it has nothing to do with 3-6.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Watched It on Halloween

I'd give it a 7/10
It did a good job at keeping me intrigued for 3 hours and 10 minutes. While I don't think it was very good as a scary movie, since I never truely felt scared, but it was really funny, which given that It is usually seen as a clown, is very fitting.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
Metropolis: I would give this movie a 8.5/10. Not as classic as I was expecting but it had some great parts to it, specifically the imagery. I'm impressed by the fact it was made in 1927. I think i'm in love with silent films now also.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Moana - 9/10 - Overall, it had a very good character development within the main characters as well as a good the story plot.

Films which I am looking forward to next year:

- Thor Ragnarok
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2
- Spiderman Homecoming
- Justice League

EDIT: Haven't posted here for a while. Anyways, here are my ratings of movies which I had watched in the past few months:

- La La Land - 9/10 - Really good storytelling and in addition, I felt this was Emma Stone's best performance.
- Beauty & The Beast - 8/10 - Still loving the same old Disney animation with its live action interpretation.
- Hidden Figures - 9/10 - Very strong cast which retells the events of three African American mathematicians and NASA.
- Power Rangers - 4.5/10 - Although I had grew up watching the series when I was little, the power ranger fan within me seems quite satisfied, but the superhero fan within me felt disappointed and frustrated.

EDIT2: Its been a long while since I last posted. Anyways, here are the films I have watched so far this year (that is if I can remember them.)

- Black Panther - I would say this would be the best MCU up to date so far with beautiful visualisation of Wakanda and a decent performance by the cast.
- Avengers: Infinity War - Lots of intense moments which was pack with a good amount of balance within the story.
- The Incredibles 2 - After 14 long years since the last film, the Incredibles are finally back with a lot of fun and action!
- Ant-Man & The Wasp - I felt that Peyton Reed really stepped up with the sequel. A number of funny aspects with a decent performance by Paul Rudd.

EDIT3: Wow, it certainly has been a whole long while since my last post. Anyways, here are some of my most recent movies that I had watched this year:

- Captain Marvel: Marvel's first ever female superhero is pretty much a reminder of what I felt when I first watched Captain America: The First Avenger. Whilst I thought the film was OK, it could've been better.
- Dumbo: Disney's remake of the beloved elephant wasn't exactly as charming as the original in terms of the preformances by the cast.
- Avengers: Endgame: Without posting any spoilers, all I can say is that Endgame is an epic and emotional conclusion to the Infinity War saga.
- Pokemon: Detective Pikachu: Whilst the film does respect its original source material with its impressive CGI graphics, the film's predictable story plot and flat characters (with the exception of Ryan Reynolds) were quite a letdown.

Last edited:
Top Bottom