• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Not really a fan of that kinda music, but it was good compared to the stuff I’ve heard from the genre. But why the **** was it 8 minutes? I’ll give it a 7/10 since I was pleasantly surprised.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
8/10

Some very unique instrumental work here. I like them a lot. The lyrics are certainly interesting though I'm not entirely sure what I think of them. The vocals themselves are well done in any case, and mesh with the instruments and rhythm nicely.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The post containing the Addams song was ignored, so...

8/10 for When You're an Addams. Very catchy and with themes and jokes like that, it's a song that's right up my alley.

8/10 For Guile's Stage as well. Excellent cover of an already great theme!

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
6/10

I do enjoy this genre of music, but this song just didn't seem all that great to me.

Here, have some good ol' Finnish Samurai Death Metal. Yes, Samurai Death Metal actually exists.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
7/10

The lyrics are pretty good, it's a nice upbeat song overall. My only real issue is that a few of the early vocals didn't really appeal. Sounded kinda awkward, imo. The rest of the vocals were perfectly fine.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
6/10, started very slow for a rather long time. Uninteresting until 37 seconds, but even with the strings, I found my self skipping forward in the song. The song finally began to pick up by a minute and 16 seconds with the drums inclusion, but even then, it was too late to be redeemed, because all of the waiting for the song to increase in tension led to a lackluster listening. If the song started at a minute and 16 seconds, then it would have received a higher score. Once the song hit 1 minute and 39 seconds, I was indeed hooked. The melody is certainly enthralling when it intends to be, and 2 minutes and 1 second really proves this point. The bells at the very end after the song already touched its climax, though, did not feel slow but rather satisfying instead. This song just takes a long time to get into the "main" portion of the song, and I understand why it does that; the song emphasizes the climb to its peak to make the satisfaction of reaching said peak all the more greater, and it did that. I just feel like the song started out TOO weak, because I began to lose interest too early compared to what was intended.

Same song, but extended below.

Here's a song that most of you probably wouldn't have heard, even Undertale players. This is a song that Toby Fox placed in the game files to mislead dataminers that Sans was fightable in the neutral run of the game, because it was placed alongside all of the other music tracks of bosses in the neutral ending. Because of this, and...

the fact that when you fight Sans in the Genocide run, you actually hear the song "MEGALOVANIA" instead, (which I don't even need to explain... you know Megalovania if you've played Undertale or not)

it means that this song is unobtainable in a legitmate run of the game, no matter what ending you desire. You just can't get this song to play; it was only meant to throw off curious players looking through the song files. It shares both the "Sans' theme" and the "Papyrus's theme" leitmotifs, so you may recognize bits of it.

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
--{10/10}--
goes to show how boppin' the MegaMan X soundfont is.

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
10/10 this song hits all the stops, even Pyramid Head makes an appearance. But, they did forget to represent Fatal Frame.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
9/10, I'm sure it would be nostalgic if I played Mappy when it came out. Still a good medley, also wish that SSBU included more retro medleys besides Galaga and Mappy, like maybe Dig Dug or RallyX.

--{10/10}--
goes to show how boppin' the MegaMan X soundfont is.
Which song was this for?

I'll just repost the same song for somebody else to listen to.

Extended version below.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
8.5/10

I'm well aware of Undertale's lore, being quite a fan of the game myself. This song would definitely suit a less serious (or at least somewhat less depressing and insane) battle with Sans. I like that portions of it are, naturally, remixed melodies from Sans' main theme, and that it also incorporates parts of Papyrus' theme as well. Good song, overall, I really would've liked to see it play in the game itself.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
8.3/10

I really like the lyrics and themes, it's kinda like going into the worst fears and anxieties one has and how it effects them, and in the song itself it feels like it's all being vented out. Not a theme I see many songs explore. I like it a lot. The instrumental work is also great, and there's nice vocals for the most part, as well!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
8/10

Great dramatic rock, and I can appreciate lengthy songs. Those lyrics are thought-provoking as well, simply put. My only complaint is that the singer's voice gets a little too scratchy on some higher notes on more than a few words early on, but even that's not so bad. Overall, solid song!

Note: This song loops at about 3:16.

Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
6/10

Good song, sounds just like something you would hear in a game called Perfect Dark (yes I know about this game okay). That said, it rips off The Broods WWE theme, so only a six out of ten.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
7/10

Quite a pretty and relaxing melody, though with the language it's sung in (being one that I haven't learned) I can't understand the lyrics.

(To clarify, this song doesn't have any inappropriate lyrics. The warning label on the thumbnail refers to the album it's on, with there being a number of songs and there and such. Some have explicit lyrics but this one is perfectly fine as far as I can tell.)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
7/10

It's pretty good. Nothing amazing, but still decent. Sounds like it could make for some good video game background music

Imo, one of the most underrated vocal tracks in the entire Sonic series.

Last edited:
Top Bottom