• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Rate The Above Song, Then Post Another

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
9/10 - I like Peace of Mind better from this album as far as the original Boston album goes and think that a courtesy of tracks from Don't Look Back stand out more than this one, but it's definitely a classic that still rocks today.

Last edited:

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
8/10
Not my kind of music, but it's a funny story and my grandparents reference this song from time to time, so it still holds a bit of a place in my heart.

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
--{9.6/10}--
all i can say is: extended version when?

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
8.75/10 nice, well made synth.
Almost sort-of a Dark Souls Spoiler: if you haven't gotten to the end of it or plan to do so, this may lessen the experience a bit.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
8/10

I haven't played Dark Souls at all, but even so, I find that to be a really beautiful piece. I'm sure it's even better in context. It sounds haunting, with a rather sad and somber, actually, almost tragic feel to it.

This one will make more sense to anyone who knows what Samurai Jack is about. Bear in mind that it starts doing a complete loop at about 1:55, with the remaining time being there so that it presumably isn't too short of a listen for those who enjoy it. So if you can, try and judge what you hear in between 0:00 and 1:55, because there's nothing new after that point. The rest is just an extension of the song.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
6/10

The quality of the audio itself could be a bit better, but perhaps there's no helping it with the alteration of the key. The song itself isn't half bad, gives it a more mysterious and even somewhat depressing undertones compared to the original/normal version. Yet it still feels rather soothing as well, and certain parts maintain some feeling of adventure, to keep moving forward even if things in the area are looking bad and dangerous. That's what I'm getting from this, personally. Nice stuff.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It's a classic, the repeated Theremin riff is catchy and memorable but it's not something I'd ever have on my mp3 player.
6/10

I can't remember how I found this song, it was probably through a skate video (where I find most of my overlooked music)

MALK - Bubbles

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
REVIVAL TIME

Kind of an unusual song, but in a good way, and only in a good way. I was almost able to imagine a music video to go along with the song itself. The lyrics and the way they're sang meshes well with the instrumental portion of the song. So, 8/10

Having just finished this campaign in Shovel Knight, I'm probably going to be posting VGM music for a while here, assuming this place....actually gets any activity again any time soon. Hope ya'll like 8bit music.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Another 8/10

That was a really cool fast-paced instrumental song.

And yes, yes you should. It's a really great part of an already great game.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Another 8/10

That was a really cool fast-paced instrumental song.

And yes, yes you should. It's a really great part of an already great game.

I love the Soundtrack to Specter of Torment! That said I think the Mole Knight stage remix was one of the least imaginative re-imaginings of the Shovel Knight tracks. But even then the original tracks are awesome too so saying a Specter of Torment remix track isn't as innovative is like saying my Mcdonalds burger isn't ground breaking to the innovation of burgers: Still a good burger that I'm not gonna complain about having.

Hm, what song should I drop? How about a somber piece from a criminally unknown band (Well, mostly one guy) that I've fallen in love with the past few months?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
8/10

The first half......Sounds like some kind of messed up Jazz. Unsettling and intimidating, yet catchy. Very different and I mean that in a good way. The second half is just plain badass and at times it gives the feelings of dread and depression, indicating that something really bad is going to happen soon thanks to this character. Overall, very cool theme.

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
--{10/10}--

by and far, the holy grail of DAGames' music. highly toe-tappable beat, brilliant lyrics, and the crossover element is a neat little touch paying homage to some of his previous songs.

Spoon Man the Eleventh

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7290-9383-2429
9/10
Ignoring how weird it is that there in fact is an Angry Birds and Transformers crossover game, it's pretty neat. I enjoyed the guitar player going ham.

Top Bottom