Rate That Render! (Now Rating: #37 Lucas)

Cyberfire

Smash Apprentice
:diddy: 4/10 - His head is not in proportion with his body, and his arms look weightless, and his tail is too thin. Pose is good though.

:4diddy: 7/10 - Think the colours are too much here, but I love the **** eating grin on his face. Pose is a weird choice I must say.

:ultdiddy: 9/10 - Fur detail is amazing, his limbs have weight to them, and the lighting is great. Loses a mark because seeing toenails freak me out.

Last edited:
NNID
Nin-Knight
The PK Thunder from down under, came straight outta Nowhere, the second boy bound to mother earth: #37 Lucas

Brawl: :lucas:

image link

With a blank, bland expressionless face, Lucas rushes headlong into... battle, I guess? Don't know, it's not a pose that screams "DETERMINATION" as it goes about its business. The pose itself is fine, but there's not enough energy in spite of it.
6/10

Wii U/3DS: :4lucas:

image link

Less dynamic than the previous, but a little more intense. It's actually supposed to contrast with Ness' pose in Sm4sh, and go alongside it as a counterpart render. He looks a bit aggressive, which also contrasts with the smile Ness wears in his pose. Though, too be fair, Lucas has a lot less to smile about in his game. Still the render's decent.
7/10

Ultimate: :ultlucas:

image link

Honestly, I expected a little bit more from this render. The idea they went with is not what I expected or thought they'd go with, but it's fine. I found it a nice nod to his game with the Rope Snake, but confused as to why they chose the Rope Snake to be the main feature of his render. It's almost like it confuses the idea of how Lucas plays in Ultimate. It doesn't really display his personality because Lucas never used the Rope Snake in Mother 3. How odd. Anyway, the render itself is fine, but nothing about it truly stands out.
7/10

Greatest to least: :ultlucas: = :4lucas: > :lucas:

What do you guys think of Lucas' renders?

osby

:lucas:: 7/10. A simple, cute, dynamic pose. Though his face looks kinda vacant.
:4lucas:: 7/10. It's an effective pose but I'm not really fond of the face again, Lucas looks unnecessarily angry in it.
:ultlucas:: 9/10. This one is great. He has a distinct silhouette with Rope Snake, his posture and facial expression looks appropriately childish. You can see both his timid and headstrong sides at the same time.

OnyanRings

Smash Apprentice
:lucas:: 5
:4lucas:: 7.5
:ultlucas:: 9

Lucas's Ultimate render is very odd with the use of the rope snake indeed but i love that lil' bugger so it doesn't bother me.

Brawl's though... Man, a lot of them looked rough :T

Last edited:

Cyberfire

Smash Apprentice
:lucas: 5/10 - whyareyourunning.gif
:4lucas: 9/10 - Colours are miles better than Brawl's washed out look. And I adore that it contrasts with Ness' render.
:ultlucas:8/10 - The render that probably best showcases his personality, however I'm not a fan of the ropesnake being there, mainly because it implies a different playstyle.

:lucas:- The running pose is kind of dynamic, but his face still shows his timid nature. Bonus nostalgia points for when Lucas was first confirmed though. 7/10
:4lucas:- The fact that it mirrors Ness' pose is a plus, but other than that it's pretty standard. The silhouette reads better than his first render. 8/10
:ultlucas:- I actually dig his new Ultimate render a lot. Like most Ultimate renders, there's a lot more energy put into the pose, and the Rope Snake helps with that. I know people mentioned it doesn't make sense for him to have it, but I think it makes the line of action better. 9/10

:lucas:5/10: Not bad, not great. Exists, and that's about it.

:4lucas:9/10: One hand balled in a fist, and the other with fingers splayed, palm-out in a very commanding pose: this kid clearly has supernatural abilities, and his expression says he's not afraid to use them on you.

:ultlucas:7/10: Not sure why the render centers around him "ooo-ing" at the Rope Snake, but it's cute nonetheless.

Last edited: