• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my ness please!

Xeofreestyler

Smash Cadet
My opponent was bopping me in other matchups, so he was definitely better than me (and play off character here) but I'm still pleased with my play. He had to go after this, so I'll try to upload a match where I have more trouble soon.

I've been playing casually for a long time, but its only been a few months since I've started playing netplay. It's mostly been a struggle for getting rid of bad habits & learning to wd / lcancel
Any remarks are welcome!

youtube.com/watch?v=kLzTjjentj8

(Sorry, it won't let me post links and I don't wanna spam randomly till 10 messages)

Last edited:

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Hey, so your movement can be more crispy. You should be happy to hear that because saying "you need to improve your movement" is the literally one of the easiest things to do just wavedash & waveland a whole bunch of times against a lv1 cpu (dont forget to dash dance too!) once you can move around better you'll notice that you'll be pushing ur movement game much further.

Also, something I am trying to force myself to do because i have a similar bad habit as you is to do less "useless moves".

You are throwing out ALOT of moves (i do the same). Now sometimes this is good because say you throw out a full hop fair you are basically saying "YO! this is my zone you jump here you finna see some sparkles" but once you do this too often they are going to anticipate it and punish you for it.

A friend of mine told me that Wobbles injured his hand or something and it hurt him to press buttons so he learned to make the most of his hitbox. True or not the moral of the story is sound, try to improve your hit percentage :D Hopefully you take something away from my ramblings

@ Simna ibn Sind Simna ibn Sind Damn killin em on dat ladder good stuff :)

Xeofreestyler

Smash Cadet
@ Simna ibn Sind Simna ibn Sind Yes, I do! But I'm from europe so there's not a lot of players on there. But I use it as one of three sources to find opponents (other than irc & skype)

@ vrud vrud Good point! It's sometimes hard to stop randomly fairing with ness, something about it just seems... compelling. I'll keep it in mind and try to work more on my movement :)

Thanks guys!

Xeofreestyler

Smash Cadet
I made another video, this time I had a lot more trouble so you can see my flaws more clearly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwOfDD1JiaA

Though I was adapting as we went along, last game of that vid went better

What I noticed while I was playing was that fox' speed makes it really hard to properly move around. I was forced to roll that much even though I didnt want to...

Last edited:

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Like the others are saying, your movement needs to be improved but that comes with time and practice so no biggie there. However, I noticed something specific about your wavedashing. You tend to enter shield after a wavedash, that probably means you're holding down the R/L button too long. Work on getting crisper wavedashes by releasing the triggers sooner.

Also, try not to shield grab at all with Ness. His grab range is so short, that your shield practically pushes them out of range before you even have a chance.

Top Bottom