• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Rate My Moveset!" :: Moveset Critique Thread

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
^^Well, it does get moonblast and toxic. Not many options other than that though since its offenses are total crap and it doesn't get a lot of status moves. :(

Here's a fun set I've been messing around with:
Clefable @ Leftovers
252 hp/252 def/4 spe
bold / magic guard

Flamethrower/coverage
Moonblast
Calm Mind
Softboiled

Softboiled makes it pokebank-only, but it has surprising bulk, enough power, and is fairly easy to set up on most dragons and fighting-types. Arguably, its only common counters are genesect/heatran/talonflame. Since scizor never has a stronger STAB than Bullet punch and Lucario's only common Steel move is Bullet Punch (or Flash Cannon), it can easily tank a hit and 1hko back with flamethrower. It got a special attack buff like a few other previous-gen pokemon which, combined with the high power/utility of Moonblast, means its offenses are arguably OU-worthy and are comparable to other bulky boosters. It can run basically any coverage move it wants in the last slot (the expansive list of coverage moves includes boltbeam, focus blast, psychic/psyshock, shadow ball, stored power, grass knot, signal beam, and every hidden power, although flamethrower is the best almost 100% of the time).

I honestly think because of how good the Fairy type is defensively that this set has the potential to become a top-tier threat, similar to how Crocune became a defensive setup behemoth in gen 3 that needed to be prepared for.

Schoo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4811-7465-8082
I like it. If you are able to get a good setup with that Clefable build, it would be extremely hard to kill. It has everything it would need. Good coverage for a good array of types. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but you would have enough coverage for every type in the game except fire. Softboiled would work well with leftovers to keep you healthy, and you won't have to worry about many Pokemon going around 1HKOing you with that bulky EV spread, and Calm Mind. I think I might try that build out for myself, haha. It seems pretty solid.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I feel like it should be noted, in regards to that set, is that Shadow Ball over Flamethrower gives you perfect neutral coverage (not counting Pyroar, because who the **** uses that guy).

Flamethrower is obviously preferable in most cases, though.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
As I'm slowly starting to develop knowledge on competitive battling again (I haven't set foot into the Gen. VI meta-game yet, so I am learning a little late), I find that the PokéCenter seems to be fairly inactive (which hurts a little, because I don't really visit other places such as Smogon much). . . Anyways, this is a fun set that I've jotted down on paper recently. While I don't know if this is standard or not (I personally have not yet seen any Gen VI Infernape leads, but back when I was more knowledgeable, Fake-Out Infernape was a thing, or the standard Mix-Ape set), but any fair criticism would be welcome:

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
E.V.'s: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Stealth Rock / U-Turn
Rock Slide / Earthquake

This Infernape would act as my lead (possibly a suicide lead if appropriate). A basic E.V. spread of 252/ 252 / 4, coupled with a jolly nature for optimal speed and attack priorities. Nothing too complex with the move pool here; Focus Sash naturally allows for a Stealth Rock setup in the given situation. U-Turn was a consideration to get away from threatening leads or switches if need be, but depending on whether or not I have anyone else running a Stealth Rock setup, it is something that becomes invaluable. Flare Blitz and Close Combat for their powerful S.T.A.B. boost and coverage, with the ability to hit opposing leads such as Forretress, Skarmory, Mega Venasaur, Mega Gyarados, Excadrill, etc. I have Rock Slide and Earthquake as either or, with Rock Slide being preferred as it allows me to hit the common Talonflame and Mega Charizard X / Y's, along with Latios / Latias. Earthquake on the other hand would allow me to hit King's Shield Aegislash safely, which in turn would call for the opponent a 'forced' switch. Assuming I retreat to someone else, Infernape can potentially sweep out the remainder of a team as well. . . If the stars align.

Note: I understand that there are leads with much more overall potential, but the point of this was to come up with something a little different while still being viable, just because. I'll probably (maybe) try my hand at someone slightly less common next time, but still with a Pokémon that interests me and can be viable in the OU meta-game.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Landorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sheer Force
E.V.'s: 252 SpAttack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Nature: Modest
Earth Power
Psychic
Sludge Wave
Focus Blast

Here is a Choice Specs Landorus set. It's main purpose is to hit insanely hard, then switch out. It can perform impressive feats like having a chance to OHKO AV Conkeldurr* and 2HKO Blissey**, but I want to know other peoples thoughts on it.

*252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 364-430 (87.9 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
**252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 394-464 (55.1 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Here are some more calcs.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 404-476 (124.6 - 146.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 331-390 (92.4 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 818-966 (225.9 - 266.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO or
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 728-858 (201.1 - 237%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 796-940 (206.2 - 243.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO or
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 354-418 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 488-576 (120.7 - 142.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 246-290 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 600-708 (197.3 - 232.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 345-406 (100.2 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
And, for fun,
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle: 111-132 (45.4 - 54%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
while choice specs may seem like an attractive option, Sheer Force and Life Orb means he gets that 1.3x boost with no drawbacks whatsoever. It already hits hard as hell and that extra 0.2x boost isn't worth it to lock your moves into place. You can always run Calm Mind on him if you want that extra boost. None of those pokemon can switch into him anyways. If you want a choice set, using Scarf would make a difference as it'll screw with speed tiers.

And on a lot of those calcs, he would already 1-2HKO them anyways and with Life Orb, he gets to switch moves making it much harder to switch into.

Dread Arceus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0146-9103-6388
Landorus @ Choice Specs
E.V.'s: 252 SpAttack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Earth Power
Psychic
Sludge Wave
Focus Blast

Here is a Choice Specs Landorus set. It's main purpose is to hit insanely hard, then switch out. It can perform impressive feats like having a chance to OHKO AV Conkeldurr* and 2HKO Blissey**, but I want to know other peoples thoughts on it.

*252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 364-430 (87.9 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
**252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 394-464 (55.1 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Here are some more calcs.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 404-476 (124.6 - 146.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 331-390 (92.4 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 818-966 (225.9 - 266.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO or
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 728-858 (201.1 - 237%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 796-940 (206.2 - 243.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO or
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 354-418 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 488-576 (120.7 - 142.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 246-290 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 600-708 (197.3 - 232.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 345-406 (100.2 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
And, for fun,
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Shuckle: 111-132 (45.4 - 54%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I battle at a fairly high competitive level (able to get around 1800-1900 on Showdown's ladder), and if you really wanted to screw over Chansey (Blissey's a pretty irrelevant threat, being completely outclassed), you're better off using Life Orb Knock Off. Set:
Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Knock Off
^This set also has the added benefit of 6-0ing almost any stall when played correctly

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I battle at a fairly high competitive level (able to get around 1800-1900 on Showdown's ladder), and if you really wanted to screw over Chansey (Blissey's a pretty irrelevant threat, being completely outclassed), you're better off using Life Orb Knock Off. Set:
Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Knock Off
^This set also has the added benefit of 6-0ing almost any stall when played correctly
That loses some coverage, though.

Note: Also, at the time of me posting that set, I did not know that it is a fairly common set.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
i have a physical raichu... never seen another one like it..

Raichu @ air balloon
(don't know nature) - Static
don't know stat distribution i focused on attack, defense and speed
protect
brick break
thunder punch
volt tackle

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
Warning Received
dragonite @ draco plate
multi/marvel scale?
flamethrower
outrage
steel wing
roost

Ludicolo @ leftovers
-rain dish
zen headbutt
scald
energy ball
ice beam

TriforceToast

Smash Rookie
NNID
TriforceToast
3DS FC
5155-3076-7873
dragonite @ draco plate
multi/marvel scale?
flamethrower
outrage
steel wing
roost

Ludicolo @ leftovers
-rain dish
zen headbutt
scald
energy ball
ice beam
In regards to your Dragonite, I suggest a few changes:
- Outrage is strong, but with all the fairies running around there I'd recommend that you switch to Dragon Claw. Sure, it's weaker, but it doesn't force you to choose that move again and gives you overall more flexibility.

- Even though Dragonite's Special attack isn't bad, he excels in Attack, and if you're going with Outrage and Steel Wing, I'd choose Fire Punch over Flamethrower for maximizing your damage output.

- Steel Wing is, in my opinion, the move you should change the most. If you want to have a Steel type move, Iron Head is stronger, more reliable and has a chance to make the opponent flinch. Sadly, Dragonite can't learn it in X and Y, but maybe ORAS changes that. Another good alternative would be Extreme Speed; however, it's an Egg Move, so you'd have to breed another Dragonite.

- Roost is fine. Dragon Dance is also viable thanks to Dragonite's bulk and multiscale ability.

- Lastly, I'd change the Draco Plater to Leftovers or a Weakness Policy. I'm not too fond of the plates or their counterparts, and I think Leftovers suits a tanky Dragonite better while Weakness Policy could grant your Dragonite a huge boost if you use it correctly.

Those were my thoughts; I hope I've helped you.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
In regards to your Dragonite, I suggest a few changes:
- Outrage is strong, but with all the fairies running around there I'd recommend that you switch to Dragon Claw. Sure, it's weaker, but it doesn't force you to choose that move again and gives you overall more flexibility.

- Even though Dragonite's Special attack isn't bad, he excels in Attack, and if you're going with Outrage and Steel Wing, I'd choose Fire Punch over Flamethrower for maximizing your damage output.

- Steel Wing is, in my opinion, the move you should change the most. If you want to have a Steel type move, Iron Head is stronger, more reliable and has a chance to make the opponent flinch. Sadly, Dragonite can't learn it in X and Y, but maybe ORAS changes that. Another good alternative would be Extreme Speed; however, it's an Egg Move, so you'd have to breed another Dragonite.

- Roost is fine. Dragon Dance is also viable thanks to Dragonite's bulk and multiscale ability.

- Lastly, I'd change the Draco Plater to Leftovers or a Weakness Policy. I'm not too fond of the plates or their counterparts, and I think Leftovers suits a tanky Dragonite better while Weakness Policy could grant your Dragonite a huge boost if you use it correctly.

Those were my thoughts; I hope I've helped you.
I would use the weakness policy on dragonite but i have a metagross in my team that holds one so dragonite can't :-(
and is fire punch an egg move too? i used to have dragon dance on it but i dont really use pokemon that usually set up...

hisaki07

Smash Rookie
Hi guys. new here. Just tweaking something in the HeartGold/SoulSilver UU area.
Messing around with this Raichu I made and just wanted feedback on the move sets.

Raichu @Liechi Berry
Jolly & Static
6 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe
~Fake Out
~Volt Tackle
~Reversal
~Endure

Or

Raichu @ Salac Berry
Adamant & Static
6 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe
~Fake Out
~Volt Tackle
~Reversal
~Endure

Same EV spread and attacks. Mostly just hit hard with Volt Tackles 120 BP STAB after using Fake Out to break Focus Sashes and to do free damage. The idea with Reversal and Endure is to hit hard with a really powerful move(Reversal hits a 200 BP at 1 HP left.) I just wasn't sure if maxing attack(Liechi) or speed (Salac) would be better. I mean a base 90 attack isn't terrible. But it isn't sweeping by any means. I really wish Raichu had U-Turn. Would be hella fun.

tm730

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-1256-0282
hey any ideas for a moveset involving a clefaable w/o softboiled? it's for an in-game clefable. i wanna have magic guard too, possibly with Life Orb

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
Rate these pokes... please???

Greninja@life orb
Protein
~Hidden power (dragon)
~ice beam
~scald
~dark pulse

dragonite@weakness policy
marvel scale
~dragon claw
~fire punch
~dragon dance
~extreme speed
(usually, I allow dragonite to get hit with a supper effective attack while i D-dance on the same turn, living because of marvel scale, activates W-policy, so im +3 attack and +1 speed... and i start e-speeding exerything... it wreaks sh*t...)

Lopunny@loppunite
cute charm (scrappy after mega)
~ice punch
~retaliate
~jump kick
~sky uppercut
(usually switch to this after someone dies, and looking to replace sky uppercut)

Metagross@metagrossite
clearbody (tough claws after mega)
~power up punch
~bullet punch
~earth quake
~zen headbutt

D

Deleted member

I'm more of a battler who uses his favorite Pokemon in battles. So I don't have the mentality this Pokemon can fulfill this role much more effectively. Funny enough, most of my favorite Pokemon, by smogon, are considered UU and below. With a few being in the OU tier. It's why I'm trying my best to make use of all my favorite Pokemon. So, if you can, I'll appreciate if you can rate these movesets; (Please don't tell me ' you should exchange this Pokemon for that.)

Name: Stoutland

Role: Knight (Bulky Attacker)

Ability: Intimidate

Hold Item: Assualt Vest

EV Spread: 252 ATK, 252 DEF, 6 HP/6 Spd/6 SpD

Attacks:

Return Retaliate

Reversal Play Rough/Ice Fang/Thunder Fang

Return is STAB, and with Stoutland's 110 base power it will do awesome damage at full happiness.

Retaliate is best used after one of your Pokemon faints, which is also STAB for Stoutland. Making it have a base power of 140+ after a Pokemon fainted

Play Rough for those nasty dragon strong types

and Ice Fang and Thunder Fang for coverage

Due to overwhelming bulk with this set, it won't be easy for him to be brought down. This is where reversal comes into play. The move becomes stronger depending on how low the user HP is. With Stoutland defensive capabilities, it is possible for him to be surviving with exceedingly low HP.

TriforceToast

Smash Rookie
NNID
TriforceToast
3DS FC
5155-3076-7873
Rate these pokes... please???

Greninja@life orb
Protein
~Hidden power (dragon)
~ice beam
~scald
~dark pulse

dragonite@weakness policy
marvel scale
~dragon claw
~fire punch
~dragon dance
~extreme speed
(usually, I allow dragonite to get hit with a supper effective attack while i D-dance on the same turn, living because of marvel scale, activates W-policy, so im +3 attack and +1 speed... and i start e-speeding exerything... it wreaks sh*t...)

Lopunny@loppunite
cute charm (scrappy after mega)
~ice punch
~retaliate
~jump kick
~sky uppercut
(usually switch to this after someone dies, and looking to replace sky uppercut)

Metagross@metagrossite
clearbody (tough claws after mega)
~power up punch
~bullet punch
~earth quake
~zen headbutt
That Dragonite sounds rather familiar ;) 8/10; it's good and reliable, but it's more or less a one-trick-pony, so, if your opponent burns you/intimidates you, has a pokémon with a focus sash and an ice attack (watch out for Mamoswine!) or puts up rocks which you can't remove for some reason, Dragonite will use its utility. However, when you're able to set up, it's perfectly capable of taking some of your opponents pokémon down.
I'm more of a battler who uses his favorite Pokemon in battles. So I don't have the mentality this Pokemon can fulfill this role much more effectively. Funny enough, most of my favorite Pokemon, by smogon, are considered UU and below. With a few being in the OU tier. It's why I'm trying my best to make use of all my favorite Pokemon. So, if you can, I'll appreciate if you can rate these movesets; (Please don't tell me ' you should exchange this Pokemon for that.)

Attacks:

Return Retaliate

Return is STAB, and with Stoutland's 110 base power it will do awesome damage at full happiness.

Retaliate is best used after one of your Pokemon faints, which is also STAB for Stoutland. Making it have a base power of 140+ after a Pokemon fainted

Due to overwhelming bulk with this set, it won't be easy for him to be brought down. This is where reversal comes into play. The move becomes stronger depending on how low the user HP is. With Stoutland defensive capabilities, it is possible for him to be surviving with exceedingly low HP.
Rather nice; I just see him struggling against Steel types. Have you thought about Earthquake as your 4th attack?

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
This is a custom beasty I've been running, to pretty good effect:

SubStorm:

Serperior@Leftovers
Contrary
-Leaf Storm
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Protect

Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4HP

Pretty self explanatory. Standard Subseed set with the other 3 moves, but the Leaf Storm + Contrary makes this thing play VERY differently once it's gotten a few Leaf Storms in. The basic idea is to start this thing out subseeding, unless the opposing 'mon is super weak to grass, and, during your subseeding, to find opportunities to get some Leaf Storms in. For those of you who don't know, Contrary causes Leaf Storm to sharply RAISE Serperior's Special Attack instead of lower it. You can deal damage and set up really well at the same time. Anyway, once you've gotten a couple boosts in, you can start using Serperior as an all out attacker, as a 6x boosted Leaf Storm will OHKO almost anything that doesn't resist it. Protect is a must to aid subseeding, as well as accumulate both leech seed damage, Leftovers restoration, and scout effectively.

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Confide
- Feather Dance
- Roost
- Toxic

I've been randomly running this set in OU with hilarious results. Once all Poison and Steel types are dealt with it pretty much guarnatees free toxic shuffling on the opposing team.

Come in, Confide or Feather Dance them on Turn 1. Toxic turn 1 if you don't feel threatened.

Procees to toxic stall them to death. If they switch, Poison the next pokemon and repeat :p

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-230892514

Video of the strat in action :p

Granted the TalonFlame in here forgot it had priority for... some reason.

But this is basically what happens to any pokemon without the priority to take you out before you stall them to death :laugh:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Sorry for Double Post. No one has posted here in a while so :c

I perfected the Murkrow set. It was a tad gimmicky before, but now it's a legit strat. I use him to trap and K.O Non-poison immune physical threats that I want gone.

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Mean Look
- Toxic
- Roost
- Feather Dance

This is a surprise Murkrow set. Come in on any physical threat that doesn't respect you. Trap it turn 1 with Mean Look and proceed to stall it to death. This murkrow pairs well with Magnezone. It puts them in a lose/lose scenario that they may not be aware of. If they bring in their steel type on the mean look, perhaps to avoid a potential toxic, you can switch out to magnezone next turn and take out their steel type for free.

Here are two replays of the Murkrow in action

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-243260982

Skip to turn 12 to skip the sableye stall

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-243252930

Turn 2. Murkrow vs +1 Dnite

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Farfetch'd

Item: Stick (boosted Crit)
Ability: Defiant (attack boost for stat drop)
Nature: Adamant (boosted attack)
EVs: All attack and speed

Moveset
Slash (STAB crit)
Air Cutter (STAB crit)
Leaf Blade (crit coverage)
Night Slash (crit coverage)

Why this: Critical hits all the time along with boosted attack and speed

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996

Attacks:

Return Retaliate

Replacing Thunder fang with EQ should solve any Steel Type woes you may have, while not losing other important types to cover. Water will still be a neutral hit with STAB so that's manageable. But if you really need water coverage, you can drop ice fang for thunder fang instead. But that EQ is important, especially as it allows Stoutland to pressure key 'mons like Aegislash better.

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
Kamikaze Bouffalant (I use this guy a lot on Pokemon Showdown):

Bouffalant @Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
-Head Charge
-Wild Charge
-Iron Head
-Zen Headbutt
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

I find it to be incredibly useful in taking out a few of the opponent's pokes at the start of a battle

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
So I have this team of Pokemon that is pretty centered on dealing with T-Flame and I'm doing pretty well with this team.

So main core(Excadrill+T-Tar+M-Lopunny) Sandrush team.

The Team:
Excadrill @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4HP 252Attk 252 Spd
Movesets: EQ, Swords Dance/Rock Slide, Iron Head, Rapid Spin
Excadrill is more or less the main aggressor or the sweeper once all the major threats like Conkeldurr or M-Gyarados has been eliminated. Rapid Spin is there to typically remove Stealth Rock and Spikes.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Nature: Relaxed Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252HP 252 Def 6SpDef
Moveset: Stealth Rock, Crunch, Stone Edge, Earthquake
The one who sets up sand for Excadrill and sets up rockes againt the opponent. He's more of the stone wall of the team and I think T-tar can survive a good number of Special water/grass moves in the sand given the bonuses Sand gives to Rock for the SPDef stat.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Nature: Jolly Ability: Limber
EVs: 4HP 252Attk 252Spd
Moveset: Fake Out, Return, Hi Jump Kick, Healing Wish
Is a great check against Aegislash and Gengar. Limber is there so I can predict a Thunder Wave and not get Lopunny paralyzed. Is there to deal with the faster pokemon and completely heals Excadrill or T-Tar with Healing Wish when they are either burned, asleep or has gained a lot of damage. Although since Healing Wish sacrifices Lopunny so it must be used when you don't think M-Lopunny is needed anymore.

The rest are Ferrothorn, Latias and Bisharp with their standard sets. So any critique for this team? Or is this the wrong thread to post this?

BouffalantNature: Modest
Wat? Isn't Adamant a better nature since it boosts the attack stat whereas Modest reduces the attack stat?

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
No, you're probably thinking of Timid. Modest increases Speed and decreases Special Attack. What makes this setup viable is it gives more speed, which Bouffalant desperately needs.

Last edited:

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I found my favorite lead pokemon!

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Magic Coat
- Role Play

I always liked Gourgeist and Pumpkaboo a lot, but i never found a moveset that clicked with me.
This one, however, is the most counter-ish lead i ever imagined.
Magic coat works super well against opposing Ferrothorn,galvantula or any other stealth rock leads, while a well placed roleplay can keep you in against the oh so common heatran.
getting iron barbs, prankster or magic coat really doesn't hurt, either.

I run this in comb. with my trusty Galvantula

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pretty standard set except for the HP ice, probably. Those Landoruses and dragons better think twice about setting up on this one.

Depending on the opponent's team, I choose one of these 2 as my leads. works pretty well, so far

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
Here's an Ambipom moveset I've been using a lot lately. It mostly takes advantage of Technician. I actually know my natures now, so that helps.

Ambipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Fake Out
-Double Hit
-Low Kick
-Pursuit

Fake Out is boosted by Technician and STAB, doing solid damage and causing foes to flinch. Double Hit breaks through Focus Sashes and Sturdy and does huge damage since each hit is boosted by Technician. Low Kick is for opponents that resist Double Hit. Pursuit is good for hitting switching opponents and Ghost types, although I occasionally use Knock Off in the final slot.

I usually use this set for wallbreaking, but it can also work as an anti-lead with Fake Out and Double Hit breaking sashes and Sturdy.

Doctor Wario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4313-0727-2141
Shuckle w/Lum berry
Ability-Contrary
Nature-Relaxed
252 ev into def/sp def, 4 into hp
Moves-Rest
Infestation
Shell Smash
Toxic

The goal of this shuckle is to be a gigantic wall. I would set up a few shell smashes, then in its hp gets low, use rest and the lum berry will wake it up. Then use toxic and infestation to start dealing damage. After that, continue to use shell smash/ rest until the defense/sp def is maxed out. Provided there isn't a steel type on the other team, this should work great.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Shuckle w/Lum berry
Ability-Contrary
Nature-Relaxed
252 ev into def/sp def, 4 into hp
Moves-Rest
Infestation
Shell Smash
Toxic

The goal of this shuckle is to be a gigantic wall. I would set up a few shell smashes, then in its hp gets low, use rest and the lum berry will wake it up. Then use toxic and infestation to start dealing damage. After that, continue to use shell smash/ rest until the defense/sp def is maxed out. Provided there isn't a steel type on the other team, this should work great.
From my experiences 252 HP and splitting the remaining evs on Def and Sp def makes Pokemon more bulkier than putting 252 in Defense and Special Defense with 4 in HP.. also you could try using Binding band to increase the damage from infestation's damage per turn and help against steel and poison type Pokemon that toxic doesn't work against..

Doctor Wario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4313-0727-2141
From my experiences 252 HP and splitting the remaining evs on Def and Sp def makes Pokemon more bulkier than putting 252 in Defense and Special Defense with 4 in HP.. also you could try using Binding band to increase the damage from infestation's damage per turn and help against steel and poison type Pokemon that toxic doesn't work against..
Thanks, I'll try that.

Top Bottom