• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RAR bair anti air

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
Is it a viable option? I know that it kills on tipper at the ledge pretty quickly and I know it combos well, but off the top of my head I haven't seen anyone use it in matches.

Last edited:

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Use RAR bair as an anti air to get a kill? Do you mean like when they're running at you with an attack? I would just forward tilt them or jab-->ftilt/smash

RAR bair is a kill move offstage when your fair is stale, but it doesnt have that much range and its really predictable no matter where you do it because you're facing backwards, and your only option at that point is bair.

If you read them properly it can work as a mixup, but there are probably better options. I may be misunderstanding your question too...

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Ftilt, utilt, and jab are all better antiair options, imo.
Like, a Diddy or Pikachu spamming spaced Fair at you will lose to Ftilt most of the time.

Last edited:

SmBootZ

Smash Cadet
Ftilt, utilt, and jab are all better antiair options, imo.
Like, a Diddy or Pikachu spamming spaced Fair at you will lose to Ftilt most of the time.
Well yes and no. you wont always have an opponent that is spacing badly. They could bait an anti air by keeping just outside your range or something, and than going in for a punish as soon as you whiff a move.

@trash: But yeah, i see where you are coming from. the Hitbox for Bair angles upwards so it gives you a lot more use when you are coming at an opponent from above you. Plus it allows you to be more mobile because you can do it out of a dash or DI back and forth and play around their range.

I see both points. I actually might try it out.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Yeah, I see Mkleo use cross up Bairs a lot actually, so I guess it's a situational thing.

Top Bottom