• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ranking Wario's moves

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Saw this similar thing on the Ike boards and it intrigued me so I wanna do this with Wario now
This is basically just a ranking of what moves to use and what moves to not use as much.
This is obviously subjective and it probably isn't too correct but I tried

S+ TIER:
Nair
Fair
Uair

S TIER:
Dash Attack
Waft
Utilt
Chomp
Bair

A TIER:
Dair
Bike
Dtilt

B TIER:
Corkscrew
Ftilt
Uthrow
Fthrow

C TIER:
Jab
Bthrow
Dthrow

PLEASE DON'T USE:
Fsmash
Usmash
Dsmash

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I feel like Wario's only genuinely terrible moves are bthrow, down smash, and jab.

Bthrow is his weakest throw damage wise and unimpressive knockback wise, to the point where you're usually better off just down throwing instead because it launches in the same direction and deals more damage.

Down smash is actually really fast, but any time you're in a position where it could connect you could just do a nair instead which is almost always going to be more productive unless your opponent is at a percent where a KO with it is guaranteed (The few times I've seen Gluttony bust it out was in such a situation).

His jab is just...not good. It's too slow to stuff attacks reliably (It comes out on frame 8, which is the same as the superior bite) can't get people offstage like most jabs, has short range, and doesn't do much damage either. The only valid use for it is in jab resets.

Everything is else useful in different situations and doesn't really have an option that's just straight up better most of the time.

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
FAir is S tier, dthrow is B tier because it does slightly less damage than FThrow and is good for positioning, and Chomp is just A tier.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
When I think "S+ tier" I think "move so good you should be using it almost constantly", but fair doesn't strike me as something like that.

If anything, the chomp should be S+ tier because people tend to get really shield happy because of nair, which lets you get away with it really often. The fact that rolling is the only defensive option that actually beats it means that even if people start expecting it, they can't really punish it since you'll be out of the move's endlag by the time they can do anything plus if they roll and you don't chomp you can punish them with all the manner of things.

Last edited:

Leap of Faith

Smash Cadet
I think you should have uair in top top tier and also put dash attack up a notch

Last edited:
Top Bottom