• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random thought

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Thought about Brawl today, kinda random but it sounds good so far (haven't looked at it at all)

For MK's tornado, Wario doesn't have a lot of good options if MK is near/if Wario has to shield. Usually worst case scenario for MK, he gets to retreat away for free.

BUT, what if we could Upb OOS during the middle of it? Doesn't matter if we trade or beat it out, is it possible for us to be able to do that?

The other thing I thought of is using Dtilt as a poke stuffer. For example, against MK. Say he uses Ftilt or Dtilt but barely whiffs. If we know the move is coming, generally we don't have a reliable punish for it even if we PS/do something amazing. But Dtilt comes out quick and has enough range that it should be able to hit their extended/reached hurtboxes. Even if it trades, it would be a win for Wario in a lot of scenarios like vs MK Snake Falco etc

Kinda random stuff.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Dtilt won't ever be practical for anything like that. I recall Larry once saying something about usmashing in between the later frames of nado with Falco, I don't have the data for it so I wouldn't know if that's possible (it'd mean you could grab as well, that'd be silly).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah idk what the frame data on punishing nado from OOS, but I am almost positive it's at least around 5-6 frame mark, which should allow Upb OOS. I just thought of it cause I remember from personal experience being able to Shuttle Loop through Nado OOS, and you don't get invincibility on that til frame 5?ish so yeah if that worked then Wario Upb should at least trade unless the hitboxes is super ****in gay. Either way it might lead to favorable trades for Wario or being able to interrupt it and if the person is still pressing B/direction they side B and we get a punish or free grab or somethin

Top Bottom