• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Steve things that could've been funny (Half of these would make him way too broken lol)

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
(Not taking into account competitive impact tho lol, some of these would obviously be just dumb and would probably get Steve banned real quick lol)

Netherite- I mean, we already aren't following Minecraft logic by pulling resources out of the ground and placing blocks in mid-air, so pulling netherite out doesn't seem too stupid, perhaps he also has a smithing table on stage or something, it's just more powerful diamond (Told you not really taking into account competitive play lol)

Enchanting- He can enchant his tools, pretty self-explanatory, again, let's just say he also has an enchanting table there lol, maybe he can freely switch between them, crafting table is the first shield plus b press and is the spawn, pressing shield plus b again gets a smithing table, and doing it again gets an enchanting table, then it goes back to crafting table, enchants are Sharpness for the sword, making it even stronger (Alright, at this point let's just say Steve can only reach his power now by getting an enchanted netherite sword lol, this is going to get really dumb, really quick.) and efficiency on all his mining tools, mining faster, axe and pickaxe attack speeds aren't buffed though. And then protection on armor, which I'll get to later, making Steve more knockback and damage resistant, Steve can also only use the first level of these attacks, which is universally a 5% buff for (insert item).

Armor- After making the tools of the rarity of material (ex: Diamond) if he gets another, he will create armor, then at that point the diamond goes into repair both the tools and armor, the armor pieces are crafted individually, chest plate first, boots second, leggings third, then helmet last, the chest plate is the most durable, being able to take 120% of damage before breaking, the leggings come second, able to take 100% before breaking, the helmet is third, it's able to take 75% before breaking, boots are last, they can take 60% before breaking, after crafting an armor piece, it's durability is displayed by having the Minecraft armor menu appear next to Steve, and a durability bar is over each piece, each piece gives Steve 5% knockback resistance and 3% damage resistance. (Let's also say Steve isn't a middleweight like he is now, he's on the lighter side, 5th lightest on the game.)

Durability- Not only does the durability menu appear for armor, but it also appears for his tools as well.

Custom Skins- As awesome as this would be, we all know why this isn't in the actual game.

Last edited:

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
(Not taking into account competitive impact tho lol, some of these would obviously be just dumb and would probably get Steve banned real quick lol)

Netherite- I mean, we already aren't following Minecraft logic by pulling resources out of the ground and placing blocks in mid-air, so pulling netherite out doesn't seem too stupid, perhaps he also has a smithing table on stage or something, it's just more powerful diamond (Told you not really taking into account competitive play lol)

Enchanting- He can enchant his tools, pretty self-explanatory, again, let's just say he also has an enchanting table there lol, maybe he can freely switch between them, crafting table is the first shield plus b press and is the spawn, pressing shield plus b again gets a smithing table, and doing it again gets an enchanting table, then it goes back to crafting table, enchants are Sharpness for the sword, making it even stronger (Alright, at this point let's just say Steve can only reach his power now by getting an enchanted netherite sword lol, this is going to get really dumb, really quick.) and efficiency on all his mining tools, mining faster, axe and pickaxe attack speeds aren't buffed though. And then protection on armor, which I'll get to later, making Steve more knockback and damage resistant, Steve can also only use the first level of these attacks, which is universally a 5% buff for (insert item).

Armor- After making the tools of the rarity of material (ex: Diamond) if he gets another, he will create armor, then at that point the diamond goes into repair both the tools and armor, the armor pieces are crafted individually, chest plate first, boots second, leggings third, then helmet last, the chest plate is the most durable, being able to take 120% of damage before breaking, the leggings come second, able to take 100% before breaking, the helmet is third, it's able to take 75% before breaking, boots are last, they can take 60% before breaking, after crafting an armor piece, it's durability is displayed by having the Minecraft armor menu appear next to Steve, and a durability bar is over each piece, each piece gives Steve 5% knockback resistance and 3% damage resistance. (Let's also say Steve isn't a middleweight like he is now, he's on the lighter side, 5th lightest on the game.)

Durability- Not only does the durability menu appear for armor, but it also appears for his tools as well.

Custom Skins- As awesome as this would be, we all know why this isn't in the actual game.
Would love to see my custom skin in smash or house. (My skin is a villager with a leather jacket)

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Steve should have had a rectangular sheild.
Yeah, I also think Steve should have had something other than minecart, since one of the things I like about Steve is that you have to be creative with what you're doing, but minecart doesn't promote that all that much, he should've had a bow instead or a shield that reflects projectiles.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
steve should be able to fly infinitley like in creative mod
"For his final smash, he enters creative mode, he can fly around the stage and open the creative menu to give himself resources, if he hits an opponent that is over 100%, they will instantly die."

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I wonder if giving Steve fall damage or only allowing him to build blocks that connect to other terrain/blocks would have not only made him more game-accurate, but also balanced him out a bit more.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
I wonder if giving Steve fall damage or only allowing him to build blocks that connect to other terrain/blocks would have not only made him more game-accurate, but also balanced him out a bit more.
Probably, it would nerf his combos a little, but he still has some really good ones without blocks placed midair, and even some that 0-deaths, and fall damage would make him have to land more carefully, but both at the same time would be a bit much, since he can't stop the damage with well-timed block placements and would just have to take the damage.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Maybe just the fall damage in that case - would give his combos a downside at least (but not leave him outright open to attacks) and also make it to where, if he does try to negate the fall with a block, an opponent could predict when he places it and attack accordingly.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Maybe just the fall damage in that case - would give his combos a downside at least (but not leave him outright open to attacks) and also make it to where, if he does try to negate the fall with a block, an opponent could predict when he places it and attack accordingly.
Yeah, could balance him out

Aligo

Smash Ace
Yeah, I also think Steve should have had something other than minecart, since one of the things I like about Steve is that you have to be creative with what you're doing, but minecart doesn't promote that all that much, he should've had a bow instead or a shield that reflects projectiles.
How about he has splash/lingering potions where you shake a potion bottle and it switches between potions? A mix between link's bombs and Pac-man's bonus fruit, it could allow Steve to either help himself or attack the enemy.

I think that potions are a underappreciated part of Minecraft in general and it would require a bit more thought than minecart, as each potion has niche applications that can be exploited to turn the tide of a match. Also all the different potions will a a nice amount of colour to the battlefield!

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
How about he has splash/lingering potions where you shake a potion bottle and it switches between potions? A mix between link's bombs and Pac-man's bonus fruit, it could allow Steve to either help himself or attack the enemy.

I think that potions are a underappreciated part of Minecraft in general and it would require a bit more thought than minecart, as each potion has niche applications that can be exploited to turn the tide of a match. Also all the different potions will a a nice amount of colour to the battlefield!
I can't believe I didn't think of that, that would be sick!

Aligo

Smash Ace
I can't believe I didn't think of that, that would be sick!
Oh, I just thought of something really cool! If you had the potion turned into a held item upon pressing neutral B for a second time after charging, it could have even more potential.

In this scenario, forward throw would be replaced with Steve shooting the opponent with a bow, as up throw already uses a piston. Depending on what potion was stored on the last charge, the foe will be hit with a tipped arrow corresponding to the potions effect, consuming the potion in the process. It is a good way of incorporating an iconic Minecraft weapon and a underutilized Minecraft mechanic at the same time. And no one could complain about 'another projectile special' to boot!

One more thing is that with a held potion, pressing B again makes Steve drink the potion, gaining its effect.

Last edited:

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Oh, I just thought of something really cool! If you had the potion turned into a held item upon pressing neutral B for a second time after charging, it could have even more potential.

In this scenario, forward throw would be replaced with Steve shooting the opponent with a bow, as up throw already uses a piston. Depending on what potion was stored on the last charge, the foe will be hit with a tipped arrow corresponding to the potions effect, consuming the potion in the process. It is a good way of incorporating an iconic Minecraft weapon and a underutilized Minecraft mechanic at the same time. And no one could complain about 'another projectile special' to boot!
If another smash game comes (which there probably will be) I hope they redo Steve's moveset a bit, all of this sounds so much more fun than minecart

Aligo

Smash Ace
Yes, that would be harming. I was thinking that the final charge could be an ender pearl. Takes ages to get to, but the applications... are substantial. Forwarding throw teleports the foe to the top middle of the screen regardless of where the throw was performed.

KazuyaIsGod

Smash Cadet
final smash is when he summons you to the ender portal places you on a bed than you blow up on it with steve eating meat while eat happens like in his normal final smash.

Top Bottom