• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Randi, Primm, and Popoi from Secret of Mana (as a tag team) (Are they worthy?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
Secret of Mana is a classic SNES game. It was even included in the SNES Classic edition. And with the re-release on PS4 we finally learned the main characters actually have names. Randi is the boy, Primm is the Girl, and Popoi is the sprite.

My idea for the stars of Secret of Mana is to have all three heroes together as the same character, but not like Ice Climbers where they'd all be on screen, in the fray at once. But like Pokémon Trainer, where you play as one at a time and switch them out for one another. And each member of team Mana would wield their own weapon, Randi with the sword, Primm with the axe, and Popoi with the lance. I know this leaves out a bunch of weapon options that were in Secret of Mana, and as the idea is kind of in its infancy, i'm not sure how Primm's and Popoi's magic would be integrated. But I don't think it's the worst idea I've seen on these forums. Especially considering we've never had an axe wielder or lance wielder in the Smash series yet. So who's with me?

To Irene:

Yes my idea is to have all 3 Secret of Mana characters in a tag-team fashion. So you could switch between Randi, Primm, and Popoi like Pokémon Trainer in Brawl.

(I hope I cleared up what this support thread is about)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Who is the actual playable character(s) that you're supporting? Just asking if a game is worth getting a character should go in the Newcomer Speculation thread. If you update your opening post to support all 3 as a team, that would be nice. :)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I know nothing of this game, but I know my good friend is a bit obsessed with it. For that reason alone I would get hyped. I just don't know how many others would.

We did not even get the release of the trilogy for the switch, when Japan did.

Sinn

Smash Lord
As my second favorite game of all time, I'd be thrilled if any of the three playable characters showed up, though if they only picked one, I'd expect Randi more than anyone (even if Popoi is my favorite). Wouldn't be totally irrelevant either considering the remake just released, though I'd say the chances would be higher if it actually comes to Switch.

The team idea is pretty neat. My only beef is that I feel Primm with the glove and Popoi with the boomerang would be more fitting. They're the weapons they start with and also the weapons their shadows have when you fight them later in the game. A boomerang main weapon hasn't been done yet, so that'd still be unique. And I think they could not only incorporate Popoi's and Primm's magic into their specials, but probably split all eight elementals across them at four apiece.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
Who is the actual playable character(s) that you're supporting? Just asking if a game is worth getting a character should go in the Newcomer Speculation thread. If you update your opening post to support all 3 as a team, that would be nice. :)
To Irene:

Yes my idea is to have all 3 Secret of Mana characters in a tag-team fashion. So you could switch between Randi, Primm, and Popoi like Pokémon Trainer. And each would wield their own unique weapon, and Primm and Popoi would wield magic.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
As my second favorite game of all time, I'd be thrilled if any of the three playable characters showed up, though if they only picked one, I'd expect Randi more than anyone (even if Popoi is my favorite). Wouldn't be totally irrelevant either considering the remake just released, though I'd say the chances would be higher if it actually comes to Switch.

The team idea is pretty neat. My only beef is that I feel Primm with the glove and Popoi with the boomerang would be more fitting. They're the weapons they start with and also the weapons their shadows have when you fight them later in the game. A boomerang main weapon hasn't been done yet, so that'd still be unique. And I think they could not only incorporate Popoi's and Primm's magic into their specials, but probably split all eight elementals across them at four apiece.
I also accept that Primm and Popoi might be more likely to come with their initial weapons, the gloves and the boomerang. I wouldn't argue with it if it were the final decision the developers made. But when I play "Secret of Mana" I give Primm the axe and Popoi the lance (or the whip) And they seem like reasonable weapons to give them in Smash.

Or here's an even crazier idea, The weapon they use depends on which attack they're using, so the axe might be the smash, while the sword would be the tilt attack, and the fist would be the neutral-A. And they could just pull whatever weapon they're using out of hammer space (I hope you know what hammer space is) when the attack begins and it vanishes again when the attack is over. This way you could have multiple weapons for each character and still give each of the three their own distinct mix of which weapons are used for which attacks.

And if you did that, Randi could use the javelin or the boomerang or the bow as one of his B-moves so he's not a purely sword-based chracacter. And I guess as for the magic, if you wanted to let Randi borrow some spells by calling them from his allies, with a brief on-screen summoning, then each character could have a few spells exclusive to them also.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Okay, sounds good. Please rewrite the opening post to be a more proper topic, then~
Please.
I really would like to understand more than I currently do about this game.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I thought I DID edit the first post enough to be clear and concise. What am I missing now?

DukeNapoleon, if you want to know more about Secret of Mana, may I suggest Wikipedia, or you could get it on Virtual Console for pretty cheap. But be warned it is a rather lengthy game, not like "A Link to the Past" which can be beaten all in one or two sittings.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Never played it before. But, I'm planning on getting Secret of Mana for my PS4. I support!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom