• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ranbats 8

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Michigan Ranbats 8

Brawl Singles (22 Entrants)

1: Tony the Tiger ($66.00) :diddy::zerosuitsamus:
2: Chris G ($33.00) :wario::diddy:
3: Oblivion ($11.00) :metaknight::ness2:
4: Ksev :snake:
5: Tech_Chase :dedede::metaknight::warioc:
5: Anther :pikachu2::popo:
7: Stewy :popo::metaknight:
7: WTP :metaknight::falco:
9: Iceman :marth:
9: Sup
9: Nom :falco:
9: Tora :metaknight::wolf:
13: Paper
13: JTSM :snake:
13: Angry Bob
13: Mr~C :pit::sheik:
17: Napkin
17: Polostick
17: Gunson :metaknight:
17: Roten Yougurt
17: QD :lucario:
17: Mrs. Nesbit

PM Singles (26 Entrants)

1: Tony the Tiger ($156.00) :mario2:
2: Anther ($78.00) :pikachu2:
3: Chris G ($26.00) :wario:
4: PzO :marth:
5: Identity Crisis :zerosuitsamus:
5: Shwickid :ganondorf:
7: Nom :ivysaur:
7: Tech_Chase :sheik:
9: Monte :ness2:
9: 2nd Wind :fox:
9: JTSM :snake::diddy:
9: Paper
13: Lunesta
13: Apasher :fox::falco:
13: Varigo
13: me9595 :bowser2:
17: B-Boy
17: Bird
17: Roten Yougurt
17: MachoMexican
17: WTP :jigglypuff::zelda:
17: Lan
17: Napkin
25: Angry Bob
25: Kasey
25: Gunson

Brawl Doubles (8 Entrants)

1: Tech and Loe1 ($56.00)
2: Zinoto and Oblivion ($16.00)
3: PZO and Ksev ($8.00)
4: Stewy WTP
5: Me bob
5: Paper and Sup
7: Lan Boy
7: Napkin and IC

P:M Doubles (8 Entrants)

1: Who is he? (Identity Crisis and Anther) ($48.00)
2: ZinTP (Zinoto and WTP) ($24.00)
3: Nom1 (LOE1 and Nom) ($8.00)
4: Icekid (Iceman and Shwickid)
5: Let me step outside real quick (Tech Chase and DRDN)
5: Napkin and Treetz (Napkin and Treetz)
7: monte and tyler
7: JTSi (Indecisive and JTSM)

Last edited:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Sorry it took so long. The tio file was corrupted or something and I ended up having to repair it.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
This tourney looked hype! Shoutouts to Julian for winning singles in both games, shoutouts to Oblivion taking Chris to game 5 in losers finals. Shoutouts to Tech playing again and winning dubs with Chris! Hope I make to the next event(:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Thanks L_Cancel.

Had a lot of fun at this. Proper shoutouts later. Nice to know that I'm not totally free at P:M or Brawl.

Also for accuracy, my Brawl character usage should be:

:metaknight: :dedede: :warioc:

I used MK to beat Iceman as well as Stewy while using him vs you and Ksev. My Wario and Dedede weren't used as much.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher

There should be a :falco: next to my name as well. I used him game 1 in my set vs Bird, which was 2-0.

I had fun in every part of the tournament that wasn't P:M singles bracket. I took so long trying to get unstuck from my driveway that I had absolutely no time for warm ups, which was why I played below my standards. Not to discredit the people I lost to or anything, but playing this way in tournament was not fun at all.

Anyway, GGs to everyone I played. Full shoutouts later.

Last edited:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Apasher got wins? What is this

Edit that too thing happened to me for DRDNs world also, I believe it's because the tio is outdated on my CPU, when reporting the tourney for the smashboards ranking it could read it fine

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Hey is fox isnt garbage. Idk about his falco but hes solid. Props to apasher for getting some wins on no warmups

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I fixed the character usage, also if you can tell me the characters of the ppl I didn't fill out (I don't know who they used lol) that'd be great.

@Joe, I'm splicing the vids, but yea P:M was streamed by DRDN and all 3 sets of me vs. Anther were recorded twitch.tv/sakums

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
This looked like a great way to start of the new season! Will see everyone soon.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Oh, I used :metaknight: as a secondary in Brawl and :marth: as a secondary in P:M.

Axrz

Smash Apprentice
Lunesta played Marth in PM.

Shoutouts later.

Shoutouts to Anther for carrying me though. :denzel:

ANGRyYb0b

Smash Rookie
:pikachu2::metaknight::falco::zelda: in brawl singles
:metaknight::pikachu2::marth: in brawl doubles
:mario2::falco::roypm::lucas: in pm singles
Was fun playing since it has been a while. Also anti shoutouts to the distinct lack of frigate.

LOE1

Smash Lord
i'll beat you one day zinoto...i can feel it

fun teaming with tech for brawl, you really impressed me with how not free you were :denzel:
fun teaming with nom in PM. double ganon is so fun.
Shoutouts to oblivion almost beating me. im gonna watch out for you now!
Shoutouts to anther for locking his keys in his car while we were helping someone else get their car unstuck from the snow
Shoutouts to me saving the day

Anti shoutouts to PM mario
Anti shoutouts to BDubs

im prob forgetting something...but oh well

:wario:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I fixed the character usage, also if you can tell me the characters of the ppl I didn't fill out (I don't know who they used lol) that'd be great.

@Joe, I'm splicing the vids, but yea P:M was streamed by DRDN and all 3 sets of me vs. Anther were recorded twitch.tv/sakums
Excellent. I may hate the way PM plays, but I don't want to lose to noobs from my region and I main :mario2: and :jigglypuff:. Too bad :jigglypuff: is literally the worst character in the game in singles...

Which channel will they be on?
:018:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Amusing that PM Singles matched entrants with Lake Effect 2 with 26 entrants. Looks like MI can draw 50 PM players easy. That's pretty cool. Good stuff Zinoto for taking everyone's money.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Im just sayin its like no one gives anyone credit for anything nowadays. People arnt m2k or mango but damn... u can still be a great player. Im glad everyone showed up and gave there matches heart.

SHWICKS SHOUTOUTS

Pm singles
1: Tony the Tiger :mario2: hey man your marios pretty damn fast. Congrats on the win.
2: Anther :pikachu2: never played a pikachu period in pm but are friendlies were a blast. Keep it up and axe will be jelous lol
3: Chris G :wario: ugh... clearly ganon isnt the answer for wario. Even though i lost i still had fun in our set. Your wario is a beast.
4: PzO :marth: never played u but your marth was pretty damn skippy. Congrats on 4th bro
5: Identity Crisis :zerosuitsamus: mr alex i hope someday we get some friendlies lol. Your zss is a beast and you do things with her my real gf couldnt dream of lol.
5: Shwickid :ganondorf: ehhh hang in there ganon will get wario someday.
7: Nom :ivysaur: had fun in friendlies nom. Thecapt falcon match was hilarious. I still crown u as the chain grab champ.
7: Tech_Chase :sheik: we had a close ass match my friend and it was very intense. Those sheik grabs! O.o all in all goodset.
9: Monte :ness2: monte u little punk!!! Lol jk. You have to improve on ness, but dont spam pk fire so much. Once someone reads u its dasy pixkins. Sorry that i took your money lol.
9: 2nd Wind :fox: still think u should persuefalco bro. Still lightning fast. Youll get nom eventually.
9: JTSM :snake::diddy: didnt play your didy but i loved that mu we had with snake. Your dacus is very good and aaccurate.

Shout out to me and iceman in doubles steppin it up lol.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Napkin used peach. Love giving people credit.... sscrew it.
I have no idea what you mean other than Napkin uses peach lol. But in the event, it's geared towards most of the people not having a character by their name in my own defense I know almost no one in the P:M scene. I filled out the players who are also brawl players and the people I played lol.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea what you mean other than Napkin uses peach lol. But in the event, it's geared towards most of the people not having a character by their name in my own defense I know almost no one in the P:M scene. I filled out the players who are also brawl players and the people I played lol.
Oh i know zinoto lol. I just back up people all the time on the boards... apasher in this case abojt him actually winning and not even a good lookin bro or a thanks. **** just gets old. I finished 5 ganon of all characters but im not tooting my horn about it . Sorry for the confusion bro. Again congrats on the win.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Oh i know zinoto lol. I just back up people all the time on the boards... apasher in this case abojt him actually winning and not even a good lookin bro or a thanks. **** just gets old. I finished 5 ganon of all characters but im not tooting my horn about it . Sorry for the confusion bro. Again congrats on the win.
Oh I misread this whole thing entirely. Please carry on.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Anytime someone asks why I make something $10 instead of $5 look at the payouts for pm singles vs brawl...that huge gap is why, I like for the winners of my events to be able to pay for their after party and still have won something at the end of the day

Also Shoutouts to my helpers, anther nom and stewy

Anti Shoutouts to the weather making everything late and the cop eager to leave, also anti shoutout to red robins cheese fries, who melts cheese on top instead of using nacho cheese, it became 5 fries with lots of cheese and 50 with nothing

And another shoutout for zinoto for making the thread and splicing the video for me

Hope everyone had fun and see everyone next time

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Thank you for running this i my place drdn. Always nice to know I can go to you when I am unable to attend/run and event.

Why should we go out and tell someone good job for getting 13th/26? That's a ****ty placing no matter how you look at it.

Same for Zinoto I'm not gonna tell him good job for beating a bunch of people worse than he is. It's not like it's super hard to win a tournament when you're better than everyone else who entered.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
To be honest, when someone who placed higher than me tells me "good job" or something along the lines of "hey, at least you got a win! That's good!" for placing somewhere that is close to last, I get the impression that the person who is telling me this is being condescending.

Now if the person said "come on, you're better than that" or any form of encouragement to do better depending on the situation, then that would make more sense and be the less condescending thing to say.

Last edited:

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
Easily the most fun I've had at a tournament in a long time, and I left with no :salt: (which is rare for me). Anyways, here they are...

SHOUTOUTS!

1: Tony the Tiger ($66.00) - Fun teaming as always, Julian. Also, If I had beaten Chris I had you in my sights...
2: Chris G ($33.00) - Great set Chris, you clutched it out and beat me in the end, but it is easily one my favorite sets now.
3: Oblivion ($11.00) - Shoutouts to the bat for carrying me to 3rd.
4: Ksev - Both sets today were super close as always. I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did.
5: Tech_Chase - Good stuff in doubles man. You definitely outperformed my expectations. Keep up the good work.
5: Anther - I had been waiting for this day for a long time, muahaha! Good games though.
7: Stewy - All the SD's against Tech... :salt: Also, thanks for housing.
7: WTP - Ggs as always. Don't go Game and Watch lol.
9: Iceman - We need to get some friendlies in next time.
9: Sup - Nice meeting you, Ryan!
9: Nom - Your Falco is so campy lol. Ggs.
13: JTSM - Not sure what to say about our set... lololol
13: Mr~C - Good to see you. That Mew shirt was pretty legit.

Extras!

DRDN - Thanks for hosting and streaming, you ran everything pretty well. Brawl Doubles was a little weird, but it's cool.
L_cancel - Thanks man, hope to see you soon, but you better be ready. You're on my SSBB hit list ;)
Anther's car - for locking us out.
Stewy's dog Peach - for literally being insane.
:halberd: - for the broken laser kill
Anyone I didn't play - Ask to play friendlies! I always enjoy them.

Super Extra Shoutout!
To me - for officially changing my main to :metaknight: after this event.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Tech's Sexy Shoutouts (Now with reduced Sodium)

1: Tony the Tiger ($66.00) :diddy::zerosuitsamus: - Congrats winning singles in both events. It was also fun to play you again. And doubles GF was hella scary for me lol. You're amazing as always. Keep being you.

2: Chris G ($33.00) :wario::diddy: - Thanks for carrying my ass in doubles lol. Seriously though, thanks for teaming. It was nice to know I've still got it. Thanks for taking a chance on me.
3: Oblivion ($11.00) :metaknight::ness2: - Alan, you definitely surprised me today. You have gotten way better. You've grown into an impressive player. And I shall continue to grow as well. Next time we play, it'll be a set to remember. Count on it. We shall see who's Shuttle Loop is more true. :metaknight:

4: Ksev :snake: - Oh Nate...one day you're getting bodied by me in Ian's basement...the next you're 2-0ing me in tournament. I was always a fan of you and your hard work. Nice to see what you've become in the past year. And now: You are on my hit list. Be on your A - Game. See ya for Shuffle <3

5: Tech_Chase :dedede::metaknight::warioc: - You've improved....not just in the game but your outlook in the game. Keep it up. You might actually get somewhere like this.

5: Anther :pikachu2::popo: - <3 Still kick ass at every game as always. We wuv our Thrzy.

7: Stewy :popo::metaknight: - SDs and the best Tornados one could ever ask. Our set had everything (to make a
comedy). GGs, let's play again when you're on your A-Game. Or better yet just body Spec at Shuffle. :denzel:

7: WTP :metaknight::falco: - Still the sandbagger <3

9: Iceman :marth:- That makes two tournaments in a row, I've bested you I guess. I'm seasoned but....you have a lot of potential. Probably more than me. I don't think you realize it yet. Let's play at the next event. I can help take you to the next level.
9: Sup - Sup? We didn't play each other but at least we talked again. Nice to see ya again.

9: Nom :falco: - I wanted to play you in P:M :( Nice friendlies though.

9: Tora :metaknight::wolf: - I see you decided to go MK after the last event. Do you have it what it takes to main him? I look forward to seeing how you progress.

13: Paper - Nice playing ya in P:M. Sheik dittos too gay.

13: JTSM :snake: - <3 Nice to see you again Kyle!

13: Angry Bob - Nice to see you again <3
13: Mr~C :pit::sheik: - Oh Charles...you are so lucky I found your phone lol

17: QD :lucario: - Quite the interesting Game 1 we had. You have potential as well and you seem like a very hard worker. You are being held back by a lack of talented players in your immediate area. If you can manage it....come out to Michigan more for Smashfests and tournaments. I think if you show consistently, you'll see the results you need. You might not be amazing, but you've got a real genuine feel about you and you work hard. I hope you study our set well and learn what you need. I look forward to an exciting rematch with you.

Additional Shoutouts:

Identity Crisis: It was a fun set in Winner's. It was first time really playing a ZSS. That is not a john though. Next time, I'll take that 3rd game from you. I really look forward to playing you again. You're quite the smart player.

Shwickid: Your Ganondorf is impressive. I should have gayed you more in both events but I give you mad props for holding your own against a Sheik. Smart player. If you just mix up your tech rolls and not rolls as much in general, you could become quite the scary player. I look forward to a rematch with you. Cool guy too. Can't even be mad for losing to you.

Apasher: Nice to see you again: Stay salty. :salt:

Everyone I played in friendlies: Yooooooo. :denzel:

And DRDN: Thanks for hosting yo. It was a fun event.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
1: Tony the Tiger ($156.00) :mario2: - Yooooo nice seeing you again, Julian. Wish we got to put in some friendlies. It's been months since we played in either game.
2: Anther ($78.00) :pikachu2: - Nice seeing you, Anther. Wish we got to play in P:M, but those Brawl friendlies were so much fun.
3: Chris G ($26.00) :wario: - You're lucky that I wasn't warmed up, or else I would've ****ed you up.
4: PzO :marth: - THIS GUYYYYYYYYYYY
5: Identity Crisis :zerosuitsamus: - Yooooo, we finally showed up at the same tournament that I wasn't busy with TO stuff. Fun friendlies
5: Shwickid :ganondorf: - Dang, looks like you're improving. Nice seeing you again tho
7: Nom :ivysaur: - Quad puff
7: Tech_Chase :sheik: - You're also lucky that I wasn't warmed up. I would've ****ed you up the hardest. In all seriousness, it's nice to see you going to tournaments again. There are a few things that I would like to talk to you about though. PM me on Facebook.
9: 2nd Wind :fox: - GGs in bracket. Glad I got a taste of your Fox in a 1v1 this time. Your follow-ups are far superior to mine and you're better than I am at the ditto lol. Looking forward to play you next time.
9: JTSM :snake::diddy: - GGs. I kinda expected you to beat me. You've been improving since Ranbats 1, plus I noticed that you're taking full advantage of my habits. Next time, I'll be coming out stronger next time.
13: Apasher :fox::falco: - Less Smash, more OoT. You actually have a shot at doing well in that game. :salt:
17: Bird - GGs in bracket.

Ksev - finally got a chance to play you in Brawl. That Snake of yours is pretty good.

Anti-shoutouts to my driveway: you are a mean driveway, and no car ever wants to be friends with you in the winter. I hope you enjoyed all of the :salt: I gave you after I came back from the tournament.
Anti-shoutouts to no time for warm ups. The struggle is real for a semi-technical spacie main. :salt:

Hopefully I won't be salty in the next tournament I feel like going to.

Last edited:

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
hey man thanks. its not easy being ganon. i prolly would of faced anther if it wasnt for loe1 lol. his wario just moves in such a weird way that i cant read him. and hey im cool as long as other people are cool. not to sound weird... but seems we got quite the smash fam lol. i look forward to all my future matches and will see u guys at shuffle v.

Top Bottom