• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raise Your Hand If You Are Sick and Tired Of These Leaks Already

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209

(Mods, feel free to delete this if this has been discussed elsewhere)

So even though a while back I admitted I had a morbid love of leaks because I wanted to see how much these people would go to get noticed, I am starting to get sick and tired of them. For context, as I said in my intro, I go way back to the Melee days on the IGN Smash forums and the leaks were beyond minimal. We were stupid enough to believe the leaks that included the likes of Pit, Wario and such, and the one leak that got it right we called it fake because it had Dr. Mario and Pichu. For me it really didn't take off till Smash 4 and its infamous leaks started to become more common.

But so far Ultimate may just be the one Smash game with the most leaks ever created. Like as soon as Vergeben started to correctly predict the game, he became Ultimate's Gematsu in that every leaker would then try and emulate his predictions and add their own twist to it. Now, a day doesn't go by without me seeing a YouTube Smasher talking about a leak, fake screenshot or rumors. We are 70 plus days before Ultimate's launch and it has seen more theories and leaks more than Smash 4 got in its lifespan and it's getting ridiculous. There is Vergeben, the Ken screenshot, the Prima Guide leak with Steve and Vault Boy, then the guy that swears he has the same sources as Vergeben, Vergeben constantly reaffirming his leaks and man is it all exhausting!

But it does show how much hype Ultimate is generating as of now if people are constantly creating leaks and rumors; we are so starved for information in a game that is mere months away from release that people are using that to their advantage to create notoriety. You know it's getting bad when professional fake leakers like Artsyomny BELIEVES many of the screenshots.

And yet, I wouldn't be mad or upset if what we got was it. Sure, I want Isaac and Geno in the game, and for my wild card I would love for Sora to be in the game along with Banjo, but the game is looking out to be the best Smash so far that asking for more would be to be beyond greedy.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm gonna agree here. That's why I'm keeping myself avoiding leaks so I don't hype myself into disappointment

aarchak

Smash Ace
I gotta agree. The leaks and speculation is going into overdrive and it is just too much. I won't trust anything since it's so easy to make a fake leak. Also props for the perfect GIF for this thread.

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
The leaks are getting out of hand, but that's what you get for being such an immensly popular series.
Those who argue for leaks may tell you to just avoid the internet, but in this day and age that's simply not easy, and with smash, leaks are EVERYWHERE so you are bound to run into one even if you aren't actively looking for leaks, at least from my experience. With the accuracy of verginben's leaks, you can't speculate about Smash U without someone bringing up his leaks.
I'm also someone who absolutely hates spoilers and prefer to surprise myself playing blind and finding out who is unlockable in any games like this, like the good old days of Melee. I blame vergenben and his so called "leaking community." I hate him so much.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This does not deserve a topic. You can simply not participate in the Leaks thread. There's other threads on this site.

Don't make this kind of topic again, please. It will be treated as spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom