• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain - Columbus, Ohio. All Smash Related Games - February 23rd, 2013 - Columbus, Ohio

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
For the humiliating sake of my family that keeps me on a goddamned leash, I do have two small venue related questions.

1. Do they serve any form of alcohol on site?

2. Will there be foot traffic coming and going from the venue?
This Donatos has a bar, so yes. It's actually quite serious that if you drink or don't drink, you handle that respectfully. As in don't drink any alcohol if you're underage, and DONT share your hard drinks with anyone else that is if you're not.

All of the action is going to be downstairs, but you can come up if you wanna order something or just relax upstairs. Non-game-related customers won't use the basement much, as far as I know, but you will be seeing them & the employees moving around from time-to time, so yes to that, too.

It will help very much if you let someone know where you are just in case you have a match coming up.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
To repeat what's been said, alcohol is available at the venue, but (obviously) only 21 year olds can purchase it. Keist is strict about the underage rule, so he's always got his eyes out to make sure there are no underage drinkers or any of age drinkers who are sharing with underages. I think he said he'll kick anyone out who's caught drinking and isn't of age, or sharing with someone underage. I didn't even see a single bottle at Rain 1 so it's nothing to worry about.

Also the venue is in the basement of the Donatos, so the only people who will come through the venue will be Smashers and Donatos employees. All the Donatos customers will be upstairs, and if you want to get something to eat upstairs you can go and get something with ease. They can give you a number card which you can place on a table and they'll deliver to once it's done, so you can focus on your games if need be.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Adding on to what Past said.

Just take a number when you order your pizza and put it somewhere near you in the basement, or at least where you want the pizza to be. When it's ready, they take it right where you put the number.

Sometimes, they can't find the number if its on the other side of the basement where we usually have Wii setups on Wednesdays, so if that's the case the employee might just leave the pizza by the closest open table to the stairs. It's no big deal but that happened to me sometimes.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Alrightey. As an underage person, this was a major concern of my family.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Well at the last one (I went), since the tourney is taking place in the basement (the bar area), there aren't a lot (idk if there were ANY) regular bar-goers coming in. If there was a bar area upstairs I didn't see it.

But yeah since we're downstairs the whole time and you have to pay for alcohol, and there are no bartenders around cause it's a tournament...we weren't allowed to have alcohol unless we went upstairs and paid iirc.

I don't recall seeing anyone with alcohol, anyway. But maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'm still going. Nothing's happened yet that will prevent me from doing so.

If LOE1 shows up, things won't be like they were before! I see another rival in him already at my best.

And if I haven't said this already, I can now bring my own Wii setup, but no TV. I would like for it to be used for Brawl, but if we're in a clutch, it can probably be used for P:M, too.

I just need to make sure to bring an SD Card this time.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Same games as last time except:

I REALLY want to
Switch Melee Pools with Project M Doubles, but I'm not sure this short notice.

Melee Doubles
Melee Singles (Pools)
Brawl Singles (Pools)
64 Singles
Brawl Doubles
Secret
Mystery

I will figure out timings shortly, but Project M doubles might happen during Brawl Singles.

I have enabled the RSVP setting.

Please put setup info and events attending there.

Garzal

Smash Rookie
I, Garzal will Walk in the Rain from Columbus for Melee and Project M. Also I will bring a TV and a cube.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
I, ZLF Aurora will Walk in the Rain from Grove City for Brawl and Brawl Doubles.

I REALLY want to
Switch Melee Pools with Project M Doubles, but I'm not sure this short notice.

Melee Doubles
Melee Singles (Pools)
Brawl Singles (Pools)
64 Singles
Brawl Doubles
Secret
Mystery

I will figure out timings shortly, but Project M doubles might happen during Brawl Singles.
Having Brawl Doubles later would be better for me. I've got a teammate who may or may not make it because of timing.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
I, Zelda_Fan_, will Walk in the Rain from Columbus for Melee and Smash 64. I can and will bring a Wii along with Brawl and Melee discs.

Kel

Smash Master
I'm going and entering Brawl Singles and Melee Singles at least.

I need a Brawl team mate.

Also, Armaggeddon is not canceled. I am taking over for Chi. Kiest, we need to talk about circuit stuff.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
is project m happening here at all?

if so, i'll be entering brawl singles, doubles (tentative on having a team mate) and whatever project m events there are.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
To clarify on my stance on a P:M setup:

I'm bringing only one Wii and I mainly want it to be for Brawl, but depending on the circumstances of this tourney, it could instead be used for P:M.

If this is anything like last time, I might end up playing in Brawl Singles & P:M Singles at the same time if I get far enough in one of them before the other one starts.

If my Wii has to be changed from a Brawl setup to a P:M setup during the venue, let me know.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Fizzle Signs Up for These :emptysheep:
Melee Singles
Brawl Singles
Project M Singles (if applicable)
Brawl Doubles (if it seems financially beneficial)
64 Singles
P.M Doubles (if applicable)

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, okay, I'm in for P:M and probably the melee stuff.

I, Hanky Panky, will walk in the Rain from Columbus for P:M, Melee.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to team with me for brawl? Preferably someone who can play Anubis with me as mk or gw. Also I qd will walk in the rain from Akron in brawl singles and doubles :)

steep

Smash Lord
Soooo I am definitely coming to this. Still need a teammate I think. Xero is most likely coming too. He will either try to get his own ride or meet me in Muncie and I'll be driving us both. My roommate might come too, in which case I may be obligated/want to team with him. Stewyian I'll MM you.

SoulPech

Smash Master
steep,

if you can, bring a setup and/or tv of some kind. partial/all of your venue fee will be waived depending on what you bring :3.

Top Bottom