• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain - Columbus, Ohio. All Smash Related Games - February 23rd, 2013 - Columbus, Ohio

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Yes I'm aware, I just have KY there for seeding since you don't play Ohio peops as often anymore (if you even play KY people)

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Look at these people looking to be carried through teams.

Also no, Lordy has not chosen a different date for his local, but I put out the word to the West MI Melee scene, not so much Brawl.

clowsui

Smash Legend
As far as why I bring it up, well you are running this qualifier so it means you are at least involved so it's an appropriate place for me to troll my point home. MK legal regional tournaments will have 100% different results than MK banned regional tournaments.
I have no choice but to use it as a qualifier. Unless of course I get a few more choices of tournaments but meh. This is a logistical issue that's annoying and only an issue bc the date I chose.

My defense against your argument is that at tournies w high enough skill density (this tourney will fit the bill) the top 4 is remarkably similar if not exactly similar to the top 4 at an MK legal event.

So then you'd make some sort of troll statement asking if that's the case why not just Mk legal without Mk banned. That just has to do w my personal preference as well as the brand I have developed. Also I think a lot of ppl like Mk ban more than they let on. Even wrt developing skill Mk banned events are powerful tools for non Mk mains to gain extensive exp in MUs that might otherwise be obscure.

:phone:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
People who like mk banned are people who main oil and ics

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So then you'd make some sort of troll statement asking if that's the case why not just Mk legal without Mk banned. That just has to do w my personal preference as well as the brand I have developed. Also I think a lot of ppl like Mk ban more than they let on. Even wrt developing skill Mk banned events are powerful tools for non Mk mains to gain extensive exp in MUs that might otherwise be obscure.

I love the MK ban because it makes the best character be banned and it makes MK mains have to play characters they usually have less tournament experience with so it handicaps them even more.

I just couldn't ethically run another MK banned tournament unless I was co-TOing or something.

Also, you are assuming that MK mains will secondary a weird character. Most of them will just go high tier, maybe mid tier, very very very rarely low tier, and that's just if they are entering as a joke because you banned their character.

And for the people who MAIN them, gaining the experience with their secondary does not mean the same as gaining the experience from playing as MK. It's not like playing Falco vs Olimar is going to translate to MK vs Olimar. The MK matchup is way different for most characters than vs most characters.

If you made the qualifier something like a low tier tournament it would be diluting most people evenly and it would actually get people to LEARN WEIRD MATCHUPS and it would benefit people who actually main/secondary them.

clowsui

Smash Legend
And then I tell you that qualifiers aren't the only way to enter the bracket lol. Now what

I don't wanna derail this thread any further. Either pm me about it or drop it.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
This is going to be so hype! I will begin working on a stream layout when Apex is over.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
And then I tell you that qualifiers aren't the only way to enter the bracket lol. Now what

I don't wanna derail this thread any further. Either pm me about it or drop it.

LOOOOL that doesn't change anything.

I did play vs Bpow yesterday, and what I thought was going to be a guarenteed spike with Ness ended up not even trading with his u-air. I was mad. Ban Bpow.

But fine since I've already gotten my point out and I'm just keeping myself busy with trolling.

I have an entire 2 circuits to start trolling together.

Yeah, I don't get that first statement, seeing as those characters do fine against mk.
I thought it was funny too. "Characters with only slight disadvantages are really, really happy to see him gone". I bet this D3 main LOVES him some MK banned.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
MK is their strongest counter...
Maybe on certain stages (that aren't tourney legal all that often anymore), but I disagree that that's the case in a neutral setting. Oh well, I guess it's a matter of opinion regardless; no point in hashing it out, really.

and when MK got banned how many spots did they each jump up???
1 spot? lol

PS: Oh snap, mk is banned at this. :dedede::dedede::dedede:
PSS: Just read mmr's post. I got read pretty hard.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Read the explanations on the tier list front page, mk was considered when characters were rated for the last tier list. A big part of the reason ICs and Oli are so high is because they can hold their own against mk. ICs position on the tier list is unrelated to mk's soft ban in the community.

Kel

Smash Master
After Apex I really wanna come to this. I will see if there is a way to move on a separate day and still work comfortably.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
At this point, definitely count me in for Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, & Project M.

"I, Carls493, #8 Ohio PR, growing Brawl :fox: main, and growing P:M main of at least :warioc: & :sonic:, will walk in the rain, through the rain, and against the rain, to attend this tournament for Super Smash Bros. Brawl & one of its contemporaries: Project M."

So sayth I! May I hope to place high at least one of these events or may the rain wash me away...

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I, Ori_bro, will walk in the rain of blood that will be the P:M tourney. My Ganon will make his debut.

*cue in Be Prepared*

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm training really hard for this tournament now.

I, clowsui, will walk in the Rain for Brawl singles and P:M singles.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@Drillbit: Please let them know to prereg on here.

This helps me pre seed brackets to make Saturday go faster.

Taking 30 Seconds to Prereg can help save hours on the tournament day.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Not to challenge your TO skills for one second Kiest, but will a Donatos be able to hold all of us? I cant wait for this tourney though. Its probably been about a year since my last one.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who will have to shake off some rust. Are any other smashfielders coming?

Top Bottom