• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Raguna Plows the Competition!

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Raguna_%28RF%29.png

Raguna from the Rune Factory series

Who is he?
Raguna is the main protagonist of the first entry of the Rune Factory series, and the direct sequel "Rune Factory Frontier." He's an amnesiac who ended up in the town of Kardia where he meets a strange girl who lets him take over her farm. He decides to stay in the town and explore the many caves surrounding it to try and regain his lost memories.

What is Rune Factory/Why Should he be in Smash?
Rune Factory is a spinoff of the game series Harvest Moon, or as it's known as now in the west, Story of Seasons. It takes the farming/life sim of its parent series and incorporates dungeon crawling, and has a proper story that progresses as you go through each dungeon. It's also a series that has had every entry appear on a Nintendo console with the upcoming game being developed exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. While the farmer from harvest moon would most likely focus almost entirely on the farming aspect, the protagonists of the Rune Factory series have access to not only their farming equipment, but also magic, and weapons like swords and lances. Raguna could take advantage of all three of these in his moveset making him stand out among the rest of the cast.

Moveset
Coming Soon

Alts
MProtags3.png

FProtags2.png

Similar to Hero, Raguna could have the other protagonists as alts as they all share the same moves and animations from game to game. At the very least, his alts could just be colors referencing each of them too.

Stage

Farm
The stage could possibly be the farm that Raguna was gifted at the start of the game. It's the most iconic location as the player will see it at least once every in game day when they leave his house. It could be a simple stage with a few platforms that change as seasons pass by in the background. There could also be cameos from the residents of Kardia walking across the fields and tending to the crops.

Music
Opening (RF1)
Final Boss (RF1)
The Sweetest Time (RFF)
Boss Battle (RFF)
Trieste Forest (RF2)
Fiersome (RF2)
Summer (RF3)
Boss Battle 2 (RF3)
Travelers of the Wind (RF4)
Ragnarok (RF4)
CHI-KA (ToD)
Song of Blessing (ToD)

Amnesiacs
Clumsyzephyr
ArizonaRanger
amageish

Last edited:

ArizonaRanger

Smash Rookie
This could be very fun and unique to have in Smash. I haven't played much Rune Factory but I would like to see it get in. I support.

amageish

Smash Master
I support! Rune Factory is a fantastic JRPG franchise and it'd be cool to see a character blending life simulation and JRPG combat mechanics in Smash.

amageish

Smash Master

New Rune Factory 5 trailer! Nice to see more then just the protagonists' silhouettes...

I like the protagonist designs a lot. They seem kind of Pokemon-esque, as I know people were saying before, but they feel like a good evolution of the previous protagonist designs. I like the female protaag's hat a lot...

The combo attacks also look very badass and could potentially make for a Final Smash, if the game's plot has an ally with the relevance to merit their inclusion here...

Top Bottom