• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ragequaza's Bimonthlies #2 results

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
Singles:

1st Rayquaza07 $60.0 :snake:

2nd lain $30.0 :metaknight: / :popo:

3rd gio $10.0 :metaknight:

4th jcav :wolf:

5th ori bro :olimar: / :popo:

5th stewy :dedede:

7th bulletsquall :snake:

7th kee :olimar:

9th kseb :snake:

9th lord ike :ike:

Doubles:

1st ori bro and Rayquaza07 $50.0 :metaknight: and :gw:

2nd WTP and dmann $20.0 :dedede: / :metaknight: and :luigi: / :snake:

3rd jcav and lord ike :wolf: and :ike:

4th gio and lain :snake: and :metaknight:

5th kseb and stewy

5th We live here

7th ace and xylm

thx @ the 15 people for coming to this (about half the pplz that signed up didnt show lul)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Kool Ori_Bro Shoutouts~

Shoutouts to everyone for making this another fun Friday tourney.

Rayquaza - thanks for hosting again it was fun. Despite starting at 3:30 this ending at 11 was ok since we did do both doubles bracket, singles pools and singles bracket. Ty for teaming fun as always.

lain - ty for showing up and wrecking me in pools. I need to learn the ICs MU better :( good stuff on 2nd though. Why couldn't you clutch the win ;~;

Gio - YoooooOOOOooOOoO fun set in Singles, it was a hard fought battle and you definitely out played me sir. Also fun MK dittos, they reminded me why they are so fun lol. We will get more in next tourney.

Jcav - always a pleasure James. Fun stuff in pools. Thanks for the ride home. I will see you next week for the smashfest.

Ori - learn the MK and IC MU D:< they used to be your favorites.

Kee - ty for the ride there Jordon. Can't wait to see how you guys do at RAGE next weekend.

Bulletsquall - Don't get to down on yourself. Everyone has off days. Just stay focused and clear headed and you will be fine.

stewwy - fun set in pools, those ICs caught me off guard.

KSev - Nice seeing you again KSev hope to see you at the sf next week.

Cody - nice seeing you and finally playing you. FF Cody might be in your future.

WTP and The Mann - Fun stuff in doubles, our sets in WF and GF were pretty fun. Its good to know that you still got the moves Alphonso.

Also, I only used Olimar and ICs in singles. I used MK once and lost dont bother having him next to my name.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
kkz

and also noticed 3 snakes 2 mks 2 olis 2 ics 1 ike 1 wolf

a bunch of top tiers at this 1 lul

What's The Point

Smash Master
I don't know about last time but Ray proved he cannot TO here.

The biggest delay for the tournament was not Lain. The biggest single issue was Ray leaving the venue to go to McDonald's once pools started, and then choosing to eat before playing any matches when he did finally return.

He spent all day trying to DQ Lain. Lain was only ever just outside, or in my car. 5 second walks from the doors. Of course his response was never to just go get Lain, but to instead just randomly start Mage DQ timers. The cream of the crop was when Ray gave Lain 6 minutes to return for his match and then Ray left to go to McDonald's again. He then tried to DQ Lain because when Ray returned 10 minutes later he claimed he saw Lain walking into the venue as he was pulling into the parking lot, thus Lain went over his 6 minutes. I'm pretty sure he did DQ Lain and Gio before I played them in teams but we just ignored that.

During his matches with Lain Ray constantly lowered the volume on the TV. The music was hacked, and to be a bit fair some of the music was really bad. But after I turned off the music and only left on sound effects (Shoutout to Roller) he still kept doing it. To no surprised he did this the most when they were playing on Lylat. Of course he also asked for a split, and continued his splitting offer after every game in the first set. And of course *****ed about MK the entire time.

His response to any and all issues were "I'm the TO".

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Ori had music hacks on?

Don't worry, the music will be better when he sends me the replays.

:denzel:

:phone:

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
i couldnt stand people singing on ps1 that was just distracting lul

and I ate for 2 mins played 2 pools matches then ate for 2 more mins that rly is noting comapred to the hours wasted lul

and y did u have to say "Gfs could technically take 80 mins"

WTP jinxing the set and making it go to game 10 :L

doing singles 1st nex time to avoid this

JTsm

Smash Master
Man, MI is just strong when it comes to grime.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
To fix music all you had to do was unplug the sd card. Also I will fix the PS1 music i realized why i dont like it xD

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
also thx apash for uploading dubz and singles matches from the tourney

and thx 2 ori, jcav, stewey, and any1 else who brought a tv and setup

ori ninja'd me again lul

but dont u need the sd card for the inf replay?

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
...I haven't even recorded yet xD

And force replay still works when you unplug the SD card.

kd-

Smash Lord
i don't know about last time but ray proved he cannot to here.

The biggest delay for the tournament was not lain. The biggest single issue was ray leaving the venue to go to mcdonald's once pools started, and then choosing to eat before playing any matches when he did finally return.

He spent all day trying to dq lain. Lain was only ever just outside, or in my car. 5 second walks from the doors. Of course his response was never to just go get lain, but to instead just randomly start mage dq timers. The cream of the crop was when ray gave lain 6 minutes to return for his match and then ray left to go to mcdonald's again. He then tried to dq lain because when ray returned 10 minutes later he claimed he saw lain walking into the venue as he was pulling into the parking lot, thus lain went over his 6 minutes. I'm pretty sure he did dq lain and gio before i played them in teams but we just ignored that.

During his matches with lain ray constantly lowered the volume on the tv. The music was hacked, and to be a bit fair some of the music was really bad. But after i turned off the music and only left on sound effects (shoutout to roller) he still kept doing it. To no surprised he did this the most when they were playing on lylat. Of course he also asked for a split, and continued his splitting offer after every game in the first set. And of course *****ed about mk the entire time.

His response to any and all issues were "i'm the to".
looooooool

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Rayquaza stop ignoring the issues WTP brought up and address them like you have some balls. Otherwise I'm just going to ignore these results for the PR.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
kk I'll adress each thing that WTP said

"The biggest delay for the tournament was not lain. The biggest single issue was ray leaving the venue to go to mcdonald's once pools started, and then choosing to eat before playing any matches when he did finally return."

so let me shed some light on this. I made pools and people in my pools occupied both tvs so I left for 8 mins to go to mcdonalds. My pool ended up taking nearly the same amount of time that the other pool took since lain and gio was also went to take a break. I do not see an issue here since both pools took nearly as long as each other.

"He spent all day trying to dq lain. Lain was only ever just outside, or in my car. 5 second walks from the doors. Of course his response was never to just go get lain, but to instead just randomly start mage dq timers. The cream of the crop was when ray gave lain 6 minutes to return for his match and then ray left to go to mcdonald's again. He then tried to dq lain because when ray returned 10 minutes later he claimed he saw lain walking into the venue as he was pulling into the parking lot, thus lain went over his 6 minutes. I'm pretty sure he did dq lain and gio before i played them in teams but we just ignored that."

Lain was taking frequent breaks which is ok as long as he does not have a match like he sometimes did. I went out to the car lain and gio were in said they had matches and for them to play them. I didnt end up dquing them or affecting their tourney records at all, I just wanted them TO HURRY UP since the tourney was already running later than it should of.

"During his matches with lain ray constantly lowered the volume on the tv. The music was hacked, and to be a bit fair some of the music was really bad. But after i turned off the music and only left on sound effects (shoutout to roller) he still kept doing it. To no surprised he did this the most when they were playing on lylat. Of course he also asked for a split, and continued his splitting offer after every game in the first set. And of course *****ed about mk the entire time."

The music on certain stages was extremely annoying because there was singing or it was to loud so I turned it down because it was distracting. We then turned off the music and turned on sound effects but the volume was turned up louder than before so I lowered it again at which point complaints were made and we agreed on the volume being at 20 for the rest of the set. I wanted to go home when it was around 10 and asked for a split cuz it was running late. I hate vsing mk with snake (always have offline) if u dont want to hear me complain u are welcome to go to k marts across the street Lol.

The only real problem I felt was it running late. We should have done singles 1st and not have people withdrawing their singles money because doubles was 1st. this caused a large waste of time along with the fact that people were reluctant to enter singles and didnt decide to enter until I called cut off.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Your pool finished last because you had to play out 2 sets. I don't know how you think you were only gone for 8 minutes but for a guy who tries to time out you'd think you'd be better at keeping track of time.

You straight up tried to tell Lain he was DQ'd from WFs while we were watching LSFs to finish to use the recording set up. Again your reasoning was that you saw Lain walk into the venue while you were driving back to the venue after you left for longer than Lain did. You also told me that Mann and I were to play you in WF of doubles before we played Lain and Gio but I ignored that.

I turned off the music after the first set. It took you till your counter pick on Lylat, with Snake, to decide to turn the volume down. You had the excuse of bad music for a stage or two in the first set but you were blatantly just trying to lower the volume so Lain couldn't hear grenades and C4 at that point.

The last points about splitting and complaining were mostly to emphasize how annoying you are. I can't tell if you are ignorant to the fact that everyone doesn't like you (Save maybe Ori) or if you just don't care. I thought you were working on that after PS4 but I was clearly wrong.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
"You also told me that Mann and I were to play you in WF of doubles before we played Lain and Gio but I ignored that."

I may have said it that last game last stock of the 3rd game u guyz played with gio and lain but I thought we were going to face lain and gio before that so idk if it was me u herd or sumthing else.

Your pool finished last because you had to play out 2 sets.

my set with gio made our pool take slightly longer (maybe 10 mins) than your pool. 10 mins is nothing in the hours that were wasted

lain mentioned the volume on delfino not lylat since he did not hear a c4

"I can't tell if you are ignorant to the fact that everyone doesn't like you"

Everyone is a broad term in the case it only applies to a handful of people. Also it sounds like a rly salty comment.

did u read my explaination to what WTP said earlier @ tech?

ZTD | TECHnology

I've read every post in this thread thoroughly.

You...just don't get it. And I'm tired of waiting for you to get it.

Furthermore, let's argue intelligently here. "Everyone" used in this context means the MI Brawl community. Don't act coy. And I cannot think of a single person in our community who has met you and said anything nice about you.

The issue here is that you're attempting to be a TO and thus you are representing MI when you do so. We don't need the type of negativity you bring to events. Its counterproductive to what we're trying to do. And nothing has really changed in the past 2 years minus you haven't chucked controllers since then.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
define what "it" is

We don't need the type of negativity you bring to events. Its counterproductive to what we're trying to do.

Of all the things how can I possibly bring negativity. MI srsly lacks a bi weekly like the EC or as many tourneys as the WC. We need more tourneys and more opporunites for people to practice and learn mus and stuff so we can be a state that is actually competative in regionals and nationals again instead of just overall placing how we do @ those events. One of the reason I local tourneys like this and the last one i hosted is so people can get together and practice for events like PS4, RAGE, and other tourneys. We used to be the best state overall in the MW as for as SSBB goes. I personally think we can get back to that if we practice more and get better at this game, but that's just me.

ZTD | TECHnology

"It" is the way you treat other players in the community.

I don't care what you think this is but MI Brawl is a close community. Not everyone likes each other and it has its drama. But overall we're a good community and we take care of each other. You have this extremely narcisstic and selfish viewpoint when you deal with the community.

When you win everything is right in the world.

When you lose, there's a john closely followed. Its never your fault. Its your opponent's character, the TV, the crowd etc. There's always an excuse stopping the great Ragequaza from being the best in the world.

You treat others poorly as well. No one deserves to hear your incessant *****ing or your outrageously self flattering claims. And you can't even take full responsibility for your failure in the duties of being a TO. And this was a 10 man event.

No one enjoys being around you for these reasons and probably many more. Even me...and I like everyone. I don't know what your deal is but you need to evaluate your people skills. You act like a douchebag and play like one. I can't teach you this ****, so go figure it out if your so awesome. Until then you can expect reactions like this when you host ****ty events.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
Lain gave u sum gud tips :V I saw dat coaching XD

but u legitly beat me i didnt say it was luck lol

" Its never your fault. Its your opponent's character [...]"

most of the time it is my fault. Either i didnt practice an mu well enough or sometimes someone has a unique playstyle that throws me off. Rarely it is the tv, but I prefer the volume not to be to loud and there not be be distracting music. I do not think I have complained about the crowd lul

lain

Smash Master
ray i dunno if you can :grimer: your way out of this lol. I was pretty (VERY ****ING) chill at this tournament, and didn't mind too many of your inconsistencies and negligence for the other players, but you acted very immature and unprofessional compared to ANY tournament i've EVER gone to.

turning the sound down constantly during our matches so i couldn't hear things, then proclaiming "IT'S MY TOURNAMENT, MY RULES". trying to force a split by saying "MY TOURNAMENT, MY RULES".

i dunno man. you can try to throw out half ***-ed arguments out all you want, what you did was clear to everyone, and you need to chill out or stop TO'ing lol.

OTHERWISE, I had a great time at this tourney besides everything else.

gio jv 3 stocked my ic's in bracket.
jcav can dish out real ***** talks.
themann curses me to lose.
ori's handshake is too stronk :<

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
If it gets late or i have to go I almost always offer a split and I have done so with zinoto twice lul

turning the sound down constantly during our matches so i couldn't hear things, then proclaiming "IT'S MY TOURNAMENT, MY RULES"

I apologize for that after the music was turned off.

and back to tech's post

"You act like a douchebag and play like one"

I do play cheap/gay/whatever u want to call it. I will try to time people out if needed and will play patiently until I can land a safe hit. That is just my playstyle and people have been complaining about it since 2009.

ZTD | TECHnology

What the hell?

You drink and I'm not there to party with you??

Next time James. Next time.

:denzel:

LMAO Rage only addressing one point....and only half of it. I don't even care that you play gay. I'm the last person who ca complain about that because I play just as defensive. Its how you act outside the game that matters more to me ;)

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
another part is on the previous page XD

and as far as the main argument saying how cocky and douch bag like I am when I play against people...

You would probably understand if you played AIB ladder in which players try to sike out other players by making them rage or salty before and during the game by posting during games or saying stuff. It isnt anything personal it is just part of my playstyle.

Top Bottom