• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B Stage Discussion - Delfino <(' ' <)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu

As from now on, I'm going to be making new threads for each stage discussion, to prevent causing confusion like the other thread. (too hard to keep track of 3 different stages being discussed at the same time.) In the meantime while people discuss this, ill be fixing up the old stages.

Anyway time to discuss delfino!

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
-dives in to rescue the robs...drowns with them-

D:

yaayz, im excited to get this started. im rly tireds tonight, but i'll be analyzing all the transformations and hopefully some gimmicks to pull on a lot of them. hopefully a detailed post by me tomorrow night, if not then tho, thurs night XD. gotta move in my dorm tomorrow.

<beep3

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So I assume we post stuff here and this isn't the export stuff.
Well I don't like this stage at all. The sharking platform exposes our blinspot and the platforms can get in our way. Some of the transformations are wide, allowing for some camping places. But if you ever fall in the water, you are screwed, Rob's options in water just suck.
There are some walkoffs you can abuse with our quick throws.
Also a pro is many walls that allow for dtilt locks.

The cons just outweight the pros in this stage. Definitely not your ban, but don't CP people here since you got so much better options.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
The only person I can think of taking here is Olimar, and even he can abuse our blind spots here. Definately one of ROB's worse stages.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
My policy: get CP'd here, go Dedede. :)

This stage has nothing great going for it for ROB, he has a hard time spiking through the water, and would probably get spiked himself by other characters easier because of his size. There's always the chance for a dtilt lock against a wall, but it's not all that common, and more likely, the opponent who CP'd you here would have a better lock against the wall. ROB gets sharked and can't shark that well back besides lasers through the stage or uair. Yeah... I don't like this stage as ROB. Love it as Dedede though.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I wouldn't CP Olimar to Delfino Plaza, unless you give me enough reasons. It is like a "whatever" stage on this matchup in my opinion. Jungle Japes when legal and Frigate Orpheon are much better choices.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I wouldn't CP Olimar to Delfino Plaza, unless you give me enough reasons. It is like a "whatever" stage on this matchup in my opinion. Jungle Japes when legal and Frigate Orpheon are much better choices.
I wouldn't play here with ROB in general, but if I had to choose somebody it would be Olimar because of the water, and that's not a factor against a good Olimar; probably should have made that clear to begin with. If I played against one and had a choice I would pick FO because ROB performs well there and Oli doesn't, plus it's a comfort stage. I mean, if you had to fight there who would you take there?

TheMike

Smash Lord
I wouldn't play here with ROB in general, but if I had to choose somebody it would be Olimar because of the water, and that's not a factor against a good Olimar; probably should have made that clear to begin with.
This would be a reason to take not only Olimar there, but also other characters that don't do well on the water.

if you had to fight there who would you take there?
Probably a few low tiers to answer the question, but it won't really be my first, second, or third choice.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I don't know if you think Delfino's water kills the pikmins, but it doesn't. Also, this would be a reason to take not only Olimar there, but also other characters that don't do well on the water.
I only knew of the glitch in water when Oli goes for a grab. I know it works on summit so I figured it worked at Delphino as well. And it just so happens ROB doesn't do well in water; ditto match CP? :p

Probably a few low tiers to answer the question, but it won't really be my first, second, or third choice.

The gist of what I meant. either way we all see this as a horrible stage for ROB.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Alright guys, since I'm pressed for time getting adjusted to my new place for the year, I decided to at least do this thread the favor of messaging each and every Q&A thread in every Character Board. In there I left the following message:

Hellu [insert character's name] Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does [insert character's name] fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can [insert character's name] abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see [insert character's name]'s chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3
--------------------------------------

Hope this helps, I've already seen a few good solid replies. You guys should check within their Q&A boards if you guys want. Regardless, I'll compile what they say and hopefully have some good info for each and every character. We can only hope, hope, hope and beep, beep, beep! =]

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Never take olimar to this stage, he gets lots of blues and purples. I feel like everyone is hating this stage too much, but there are definitely MUs that we want to avoid on this stage. D3/MK come to mind when I think ban, but other than that I'm willing to play this stage against most MUs. This is a good stage to take IC/Falco to if DP is on as a starter. I think we have the advantage against Diddy on this stage, but I'm not sure yet, I'll have to wait till AZ gets back :p.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Alright so I'm finally back again, I pretty much had no internet for about 4 days >.< (net got capped).

And I actually never realized about the water being able to kill pikmin, completely forgot about that xD. Although I'd prefer to take olimar to other stages then Delfino

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am pretty sure Olimar players are already hard to get in the water in the first place. Hard to approach him and with Rob's slow approach it can be very hard to do.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Never take olimar to this stage, he gets lots of blues and purples.
After experiencing this first-hand yesterday at a tournament, I couldn't agree more. My opponent literally had an army of purple pikman. It was a beeping nightmare D:

Not saying to necessarily ban it, it was still a one stock game, but I definitely wouldn't try to take advantage of Olimars here.

I'm going to tally up how many of the character boards have given me at least one semi-legitimate analysis on their char vs R.O.B. on DP. Be back with that later<beep3

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Alright, sorry for double posting but this is a heap of info.
I've compiled all quotes that seemed at least somewhat helpful.
There are 26 characters that I have at least one quote for, the rest...their Q&A thread fails at helping xD j/k.

The 9 characters excluded are:
Fox
Game and Watch
Lucario
Marth
Meta Knight
Ness
Peach
Pit
Wario

Now for the information:

Bowser:

The transitional, rock and shine shrine parts of the stage allow for really early klaw kills if it's fresh - about 105% to 115% with DI depending on the transformation if you land on the higher parts.

I find it really easy to jump out of bowsercide with R.O.B. on this stage and if you're lucky the fortress will stall enough for Bowser to survive.

Bowser's only use for the water is for bowser bombing without being a complete sitting duck, otherwise it's a bad place for him to be in as far as I can tell. R.O.B. should be able to just wall him out of dry land with FAir unless the Bowser outreads him (or the R.O.B. player makes a poor read).

At first I was hoping the large amount of slopes would allow Bowser to force an air-release on R.O.B. and FAir him but it seems that needs completely horizontal running space for that to work so nevermind?

I don't remember exactly how much of R.O.B.'s UAir is disjointed, which can mean his UAir'ing under the stage is either a free fortress or not.

Fighting a R.O.B. that's on the upper end of the same slope seems like a chore, Bowser's only options seem to be either to klaw jump at him or catch him in lag with FAir. I didn't really give this that much attention though.

The transitional parts of the stage probably make edge-guarding with BAir a lot easier for R.O.B., due to how thin the ledge is.

Overall I'd say it's a slightly worse stage for Bowser than for R.O.B., but not nearly bad enough to be a counterpick.

Captain Falcon:

On a scale of 1-10? Probably a 7 or 8. That makes things complicated though, so I'll consider the match-up with a ratio of 40:60 in ROB's favor on Delfino.

ROB is one of Falcon's easier match-ups and he has a really nice time juggling ROB for his large, floaty properties on platformed stages at lower percents. Unlike Battlefield, Delfino gives ROB the area to camp and keep out of Falcon's low-percent 'pseudo-combo' range on various parts of the stage, but all in all, it's a good stage for Falcon to manage on regardless.

Falcon can abuse his Uair below the platforms and he has mediocre sharking potential and pressure, followed by an up+B for recovering and following up if his sharking was shielded or evaded. Both characters have the ability to spike one another for sharking, Falcon's probably being the most notable if he decides to Raptor Rush (jump -> immediate side+B for an auto-canceled landing) across the stage if ROB tries to shark him to gain a spike.

ROB's aerials can be used to pressure Falcon quite a bit. He has a few gyromite gimmicks and can use his glidetoss to keep Falcon pressured, or follow up with a grab. ROB's fair, uair and nair are really useful for platform punishing, but I shouldn't need to state that. It's just as useful on Falcon as it is the rest of the cast.

Just keep in mind that ROB is an easy target for the Knee of Justice and he can wait below a platform if ROB's shielding and waiting for a follow up, then suddenly throw out a prolonged knee to punish (which is what I usually do, wait and punish reactions when they don't know how to react). Other than that, common knowledge from each side. ROB can camp with laser and gyromite, Falcon can keep within the comfort zones with grab and shield pressuring and try to force ROB above him.

<pewpew3

Diddy Kong:

eriiic :O

I actually really like delfino alot for Diddy. It happens to be one of my favorite stages, but idk if its actually "good' for Diddy or not. I have no problem with it but how does everyone else feel about it?

As far as the Rob MU, I could see it benefiting him more but its not like a game breaking cp imo. Brinstar, Frigate RC and maaybe norfair would be better cp's.

Diddy gets alot of goofy shenanigans on quite a few of the transformations so I pretty much never ban delfino.
I actually CP Delfino against ROB sometimes.
Diddy does not fear any sharking thanks to his amazing oos, but ROB... Not only he doesn't like us being under him, but he is supposed to **** us on the ledge, and sharking gives us a lot of safer options to get back onstage, where we want to be.

The transformations also give diddy loads of shenanigans to get vicious combos in and ways to avoid ROB's camping, which is priceless.

It's not something ROBs should ban, because DF exists and is a lot worse because it's easier to shoot more peanuts there.
Just... prepare your game on Delfino.

Let's say... 7 ?

Donkey Kong:

DK I think he ***** him lol. But seriously the better CP for R.O.B would be RC. DK cargos and jumps into the water, and gets a free spike. The short/walk off parts of the stage are also good for DK, easy grab finishes. So DK has the advantage on 6/9 parts of the stage. The part with the high pillars of land above the water I give to R.O.B since he can camp like crazy. On top the shine has a lot of space for R.O.B to move around and camp. The section that has is closest to the beach on the left of the map benefits R.O.B imo since he can easily control the middle and keep DK close to the edges. The moving platform is confusing to cause at times it helps DK, and sometimes it doesn't.
Welcome to the DK boards Mister Eric

I will agree, with Kosa. I think DK can out play R.O.B. on Delfino, the water parts help DK a lot. Yes, ROB can camp on some parts of the stage and can shark a bit on the floating platform, but I do think that will help him all that much. IMO ROB's camp game is not hard to get around, and if we get hit....well just go look at Ook's sig and you will figure it out. lol

Using the platform we can also run away and stay away from ROB on the transformations that ROB is good on.
Falco:

Falco outcamps R.O.B completely. R.O.B's projectiles are all telegraphed, so they're easy to react to with reflector. Our lasers are better than yours and in the end, if you shoot a gyro we can just steal it.

I said on the R.O.B boards as well, if you're dying because you're phantasming through the stage, you're doing it wrong. It's VERY easy to avoid this via propering spacing, timing and cancelling.

I do however agree that the possibility of gimps are SLIGHTLY removed because of certain transformations, but they don't last overly long at all. The water however does help us with spikes at times if you accidentally fall in.

R.O.B simply shouldn't attempt sharking on Falco. For some it might be a reflex, thinking Falco isn't good from above, but R.O.B will very easily get spiked if he tries.

Often times, the platform lay out on the most common moving section can help juggling. Taking shelter on the second platform underneath the highest to avoid attacks like your Nair.

You CAN however shoot lasers through this stage from underneath, and any good R.O.B knows that R.O.B > Falco on the ledge. This means that your ledge planking ability can be a little more annoying, but nothing too drastic.

Overall against R.O.B I'd give it a 7 or 8. It's not a bad stage at all, but it's not the best either as they both can abuse little sections of it.
Ganondorf:

There are platforms which is always nice, and we can water spike you (altho easily avoided).
But ROB has a lot of room to walk away and camp us, or even shark. Id rather cp him to Brinstar/Battlefield.
Ice Climbers:

sharking ***** ics
Also if the ic can't chain grab rob because he's heavy or whatever they will get desperate and start to hobble. Well if they hobble you on a slope you get right out of it so stages like yoshies island and lylat are bad for the ic if they can only hobble.
I don't really know much about rob cuz I never really play against him that Much =\
As for delfino if you can shark to separate them it ***** ics. And the changing stage might mess up the chain grab. But there are some parts of the stage where we can walk you off of it kinda like what king dedede does.
(general help is better than no help. I asked Lain for his advice, maybe he'll pull through<3)

Ike:

Delfino's biggest boost for Ike is how 1/3 of the time you don't get gimped. A small boost is water as Ike has dair and fair to kill people easily in water.

Another boost are the platforms, they usually are harder to capitalize on, but for Ike his range (usmash and aether high
Platforms) still pressures all the platforms.

Few negatives would be sharking for half the stage. However Ike can dair through the stage (though very hard, but can be done on predictable sharking that isn't MK's stupid disjoint)

The next would be the small amount of walls for ROB to dtilt wall lock for a little while though Ike can jab wall lock when spaced right. I don't think any walls are tall enough for the fthrow lock.

Another con is how ROB can camp from very large distances with his laser and gyro, though ROB can't do it forever, the longer distance will help ROB.

Delfino is a very popular Ike stage, its a big CP usually for Ike. I would put it 8/10 on for Ike to take ROB dependant on what made Ike lose last game. If it was gimps, then perfect, if it was camping, not the stage i would advise.

If ROB plans to CP here gauge at how much trouble Ike had getting past your camp game.

About all i got stage wise.
Actually Ussi, I believe the Shine Sprite gate's sides are tall enough for Fthrow lock.
(I'll double check this, but I'm pretty sure we can't be Fthrow locked on this stage.)

Jigglypuff:

Delfino honestly works out more in Jigglypuff's favor than in R.O.B.'s, due to the fact that the numerous high platforms and stage formations provide her with a number of positions at angles which R.O.B.'s projectiles won't reach her, and he is forced to move into Jigglypuff's zone, and he can't use these positions for himself in any beneficial way. In addition to that, the formations which involve water provide Jigglypuff with the ability to use her Rest's invincibility frames to prevent a spike, b-air or f-air gimp on the side of the stage, on top of being able to cancel her rest after hitting R.O.B. with it either to kill or add on a number of percent damage that can put R.O.B. right into kill percentage via another rest. Due to the stage being immense both horizontally and vertically on the majority of its formations, she can live past 130% through DI and momentum breaking on all of R.O.B.'s smash attacks.

R.O.B. on the other hand, can use these same vast horizontal and vertical advantages to force Jigglypuff to chase him if he's leading, or he can stay out of her zone until the player develops a strong feel for his opponent, or he can just attempt to add up percent damage through R.O.B.'s projectile capabilities. Just as well as Jigglypuff can, he will be capable of surviving the majority of her kill moves until an estimated 160%(excluding Rest), on several of the stage formations.

As for rating, I would say this stage plays at a 7 for Jigglypuff against R.O.B., out of 10.

I left out some critical details for you to test on your own, since I clearly can't just give out all of this information after putting in so much effort to figure it out for tournament play, but Jigglypuff can also use the stage's walls at several formations to kill R.O.B. under 60%(on the start of the sequences). Guaranteed.

King Dedede:

This is one of our best stages in general against people we CG and ROB really isn't an exception.

Why?

Our means of killing are facilitated by the stages various shifts. The main dangers for ROB being that we can walk off CG > death if you allow us to grab you on that phase. Our Up-Tilt also kills very early on various parts of the stage.

Also it could be pretty difficult for ROB to camp on certain parts of the stage. I mean he already has to camp DDD and keep out of the grab **** range and it seems harder on this stage. Gyro doesnt keep its stage control presence with the stage changing so much so all ROB has is lasers at that point. They're pretty easy to Powershield after youve seem them enough. And with the stage changing so much its inevitable that there will be aerial fights. I think D3 fairs better in this department with his Back Air.

I would say that against ROB DDD fairs very well here. I'd consider it as a CP for sure. The walk off CG is enough to entice many DDDs in doing so. Against ROB I'd rate this an 8. We have early kills on this stage and ways of avoiding your only way of keeping us out of your face. I'd avoid this if I were a robot.

Kirby:

I'd say roughly a 7 or 8. Delfino is one of Kirby's good stages. I'll elaborate more later, when I'm not running on like a half hour of sleep.

EDIT:

So yeah, Kirby can shark the main platform, as well as the apply pressure to people on the platforms scattered throughout the stage thanks to Uair and Usmash.
On the main part, Uthrow kills earlier thanks to the platforms close to the top. As the stage is changing, when the main part disappears, moves for everyone get canceled, and while it's an equal advantage to most/all chars, it allows Kirby to cancel smashes.
The water cancels stone, although I wouldn't attempt it/get in the water against ROB.
We can lock against all the walls. If we get ROBs power we can go under and shoot through the main stage.
All in all it's a good Kirby stage.

ROB would probably be better off taking us to Norfair (I believe you do well there, and we're not great on that stage.) or Halberd (Not a bad stage per se, but low ceilings are never a good thing for us.).
Link:

Vs. Rob? hmm. I think that might be a bad idea.

IMO Link is terrible at walk off stages, his throws are too easy to DI, Bthrow or Fthrow will probably never kill unless you are really really really close to the dead zone. If Link tries to bait Rob. Either one of Robs projectiles will probably kill him.

Also the water hazards is terrible for Link. He has a tiny jump out of the water and Rob could just float over your head, Dair, and you're dead. All Link can do is Dair as well, but it sends people up, and leaves Link in a bad position. Especially on the portion of the stage with the high ground and water pits in between. OMG is that bad for Link.

The semipermeable stage, allows to fly below and through the stage as he pleases. While its not that danger to Link as it is to others, it still an advantage for Rob. Link can drop bombs and Dair people as they approach from below. But also let it be known that it is possible for Link to Dtilt spike someone jumping through the stage.

Only plus side for Link is if he can manage a jab lock and walk them to their death, or "infinite" jab lock them into one of the walls.

Maybe the amount of platforms on the stage could be useful to Link as well as the uneven portions of the stage. Camping is easier on uneven stages and approaching is a bit more awkward.

Lets say fighting rob on FD is a 10, i would say maybe 3 or less would be delphino vs rob. Though its not as bad as say Rainbow Cruise which would be like 1 or 0. But then again that's just my opinion.
Hi.
ROB out spams Link and has lots of room to camp/air camp. ROB's slow enough that Link can land some projectiles but the stage makes it difficult. Link has 1 spike (Dtilt) and it's pretty worthless. Link can throw bombs down and Dair ROB if you try to attack/recover from under the main pass-through platform. The best thing ROB can do is moving camp and build up damage. When you get the opportunity hit/throw Link off stage and gimp him. Play defensively. ROB can probably time Link out without much trouble. VS characters who force Link to approach and/or have good air games, Delfino is bad for Link. VS ROB it might be worse than Frigate. 1 or 2 of 10 rank.
Lucas:

Uh, I would give it a 6 or so idk ._.
Stage doesn't really benefit one character more than the other.
Lucas can't get gimped on most transformations.
ROB can dtilt/GR wall lock Lucas.
I like it. The Lucas just has to play smart and avoid the walls when possible.
NEW

Heya! ;D If you need anything you can always post in the stage exports we have as well ;o I'm with rPSI though I like it against ROB alot but the only problem is avoiding the walls and then ROB can't really gimp Lucas too well on some parts of it but to answer your question fully we have a summary of how well Lucas does on Delfino Plaza here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281961

And overall against ROB most likely a 6. Lucas can do pretty well against ROB and the word "well" is perfect not good or bad is it pretty even.

Luigi:

luigi is very comfortable planking at the times when the stage is floating. also when any character is in the water next to the luigi, they will have a hard time getting out with luigi's fireballs, and may have to swim away from him.
Mario:

Mario is harder to gimp on Delphino, and while ROB does have a wall lock, so does Mario (Jab combo from 0-70). The unique terrain is probably more helpful for Mario if he so chooses to camp in this matchup. Otherwise I don't think this stage is a huge matchup determiner here.

So I'd say 6/10
(I know someone else who should be able to help me out a whole bunch on this too.)

Olimar:

rob never should take us to delfino (even though i dont like delfino...)
he cant gimp us there as easy as in the other stages so why should he pick it, and low ceilings doesnt help him too much neither
8-9/10 imo
Alright, I can go a little more in depth now. Delfino is one of Olimar's best stages; I can't think of anyone in the game that would benefit from taking him there except another Olimar (and maybe MK). For starters, he gets a increase in percentage of purples pulled, so you're going to get hit with a lot more **** than usual. Next, as Greward mentioned, it becomes much harder to gimp us here. Not only will the stage sometimes transform, rise beneath us, and save us from certain doom, but several areas also have water, which can be used in a different way but it still take away the traditional gimp option. Then there are the several walkoffs that we can abuse; once mistep into a pivot grab and you could very well lose a stock.

You also lose your ledgegame on many of the transformations.

Really the only part that's bad for Oli is the area where there are three stone pillars surrounded by water, but even that can be worked around. Yea, never take Olimar here. If Olimar ordinarily has a 5 out of ten chance of doing well against ROB, I'd give him a 7 at least on this stage
Pikachu:

first off, delfino is a really good stage in general for pikachu. its various phases allows for pikachu to use his mobility to its fullest, and a lot of the transformations has various ways to abuse. now for rob.

robs main strengths over pikachu are his camping and spacing games. properly spacing with tilts at close range and raining projectiles at us from far range can keep pikachu at bay. the spacing of delfinos platforms allow us to get over and around you fast, without being so low that they block off your diagonal blind spot for you. rob does have a very viable sharking game though, and this could be used on the platform part to really hound pikachu. if rob stays on stage during the platform parts, i think he is at a disadvantage, whereas if he whores the ledge and sharks he is at a big advantage (this all depends on LGL rules of course). when the stage lands, it becomes more of a conventional stage. at that point i think for the most part it gives rob the advantage. at that point he can abuse his projectiles and spacing to its fullest, requiring a bit more effort on our part to break his camp. overall though, i would still cp this on a rob, though if there is no lgl i would not ever cp this stage. i would say 7/10 with lgl, maybe 4/10 without it
Pokémon Trainer:

Delfino is a pretty average stage for PT... nothing bad for PT, but nothing amazing either. We would probably not take any character that can CG Squirtle there, but ROB can't regrab, so that's not a problem. I think overall the water favours us, unless ROB really likes water for some reason unknown to me.
all i know is i love to get squirtle jab kills off the walkoffs.
Samus:

I hate Delfino Plaza, everyone else loves Delfino Plaza.

Samus can do ledge stuff on Delfino Plaza but I always mess up.

Samus can spike better than ROB can on water.

ROB can camp on this huge effing stage. With lasers and gyros that beat missiles and can annoy the SH Zair.

ROB can kill. That annoys me because I play Samus and Samus can't kill.

The ceiling changes always kill me.

ROB not dying also annoys me. He has that super Up B which is annoying.
It's more possible to dair him but dair doesn't always kill on this stage. That is p annoying.

Samus is terrible. That is annoying.
@Mister Eric: I personally give it either a 5/10 or a 6/10. For one thing, during the flying stages, Samus can plank and shark ROB fairly well especially with her zair. The flying stages are cramped for a character like Samus and her close-combat skill is beaten by ROB's. Our aerial game ties with ROB's imo. ROB gets an advantage on the longer stages like the plaza because he has more space to camp. ROB is large and unusually shaped so he gets pokek by zair a lot. His dreaded spotdodge>dsmash eats a lot of our close-combat in it self. I feel we get more of an advantage during the pillar stage because it becomes easier to spike him into the water where Samus gets a huge advantage.

Overall, it depends on who plays smarter but i personally wouldn't CP him here.
Shiek:

I think ROB is at a slight advantage on this stage. While the stage is flying, the actual stage is pretty small. So Sheik will have an easier time weaving around ROB's projectiles and get close to him. When the stage lands, I believe ROB has the advantage because of his projectiles. Sheik won't have any more difficulty killing ROB on this stage, but I think ROB will have an easier time killing Sheik. The blast zones are smaller on certain parts of the stage and ROB can fair/bair/dair us while we are in the water. Other than that, I think this match-up is pretty even on this stage.

Sheik's chances of doing well: 4 (assuming 5 is average for both players).

On an off topic question: Do you, by any chance, work at GameStop?
(lol @ random question ^^)

Snake:

Delfino is not one of our stronger stages. Its not horrible but its not good. I think this would benefit the robot more for a few reasons:

There are several phases of the stage where ROB could camp us well. The part with the walk off and the part with the three small islands and the water come to mind. We aren't very mobile to begin with. The part with the islands prevents us from Mortarsliding - our fastest way of moving. If we get put in the water it can be very bad for us also. Also because the stage is constantly changing it weakens out stage control as a whole. Some parts are good-ish some are bad.

There isn't a great deal to abuse for us here. Although the first part of this stage is decent for us. The platforms give us more options to land our slow recovery and it enables our stage control game a little bit.

The parts with the walks off are decent for our Forward-Tilts but a good ROB can make it really irritating for us to close in. But on this same part of the stage I'm pretty sure Up-Tilts kills earlier here.

ROB also just has an easier time positioning himself ideally. He can move under the platforms and all that jazz. The only thing you can't really do is shark us since we have grenades.

Uh...that's it for now. For Snake I'd rate this stage like a 6 maybe 6.5. Can't sayi know enough about ROB to give an accurate number but maybe an 8. This stage seems like its considerably better for you than us.
The issue with Delfino for most characters is that it has periods during the transformation where the ceiling is much, much shorter than it would normally be. I've scored up tilt kills at 80% during transition periods to new stage segments. Also, for Rob the inclusion of water in the stage doesn't really help his cause. From playing with Sudai back in the day, I'm well aware of how great Rob is off the edge, and how much weaker he becomes without them available. In fact, I would say that Delfino actually removes the recovery advantage that Snake has, due to the nature of the stage. Most matches migrate towards the edges/top of the borders due to how the formations are. These lead to KOs that would normally be survived on a traditional stage.
Sonic:

Delfino for sonic is a lot like Delfino in general, its a mixed bag. most of the flying platformed stages dont do much for or against him, aside from giving him an almost decent sharking game.

The only thing that really stands out for me, is the one spot with the 3 verticle pillars that are over the water.

The vertical ceiling is so low, we can get very very low % up air combo kills there, we can also kill with up smash there, which normally is a very rare occurance.

as a whole this stage makes the rob matchup slightly harder for sonic, since the stage boundaries are usually massive, it makes it very hard to kill him, and theres usually a whole lot of ground space, meaning its easier for rob to camp us. and also because it gives rob a decent sharking game, and his is better than sonics.

id say as a whole i would give this stage like a 3 out of 10 in terms of an effective counter pick against rob.

Toon Link:

Delfino would be about even I would say...no advantages or disadvantages to us being there.

I would give it an 8
(fair enough xD, I'll look into getting more info tho)

Wolf:

Welcome to the Wolf boards :) I like that idea, people don't pay nearly enough attention to stages :x

So... Delfino is generally considered a pretty good stage for Wolf I'd say. All those platforms on the floating part really suck for ROB because of Wolf's strong juggling game along with ROB's general weakness to juggling. The low ceiling (depending on what part of the stage you're on) is also probably worse for ROB than for Wolf because it helps Wolf's fair become a viable kill move (same for ROB's usmash/nair, but usmash isn't the easiest move to hit Wolf with so idk, maybe an even trade? :x). The transformations are beneficial vs ROB because it provides less opportunities for Wolf to get carried offstage. There's also this glitch on the water part with the flat stage in the middle where Wolf can sideB and end up under the stage for some fun sharking... don't tell anyone >_>

Overall, I'd say you have better stages to CP against Wolf. I know we're not discussing other stages atm, but off the top of my head I'd suggest Frigate? :x

:059:
Yoshi:

I've never played this MU on this stage, but I'll give some general ideas about it.

The stage is pretty big, so I wouldn't particularly take ROB there since we kind of need to approach. The smaller the area, the easier it is to create strings and there's less room for you to run. However, the fact that we can rise through the stage from the ledge is a bonus, because it provides some good ledge options and potential pressure. It lets us use the ledge more effectively if you try to trap us there.

Other than that, some of the stage terrain is pretty meh for fighting ROB although some of it is good. Relative to the already bad MU, I'd say it's around 6. But I'm bad with numbers like that, don't quote me on it.
NEW

1. He fairs decently on Delfino imo. Some of the stage designs tend to alter his gameplay a tad though. I'd honestly think he'd do worse on Delfino since there's much more space for ROB to camp Yoshi. We'd probably prefer to have a smaller stage so that when we get inside, we intend to keep the pressure going.

2. Yoshi can use the Water to his advantage - locking characters in the water using egg throw. This would let us tack on huge damage without having to be at risk at all. However, that's probably the only good thing I see coming from this stage in this particular matchup.

To finish it, I'd probably say that it'll be a 5 or worse.

(Don't take all of it too serious. I only played Ninjalink's ROB back in March.)

Zelda:

Only thing off the top of my head that Zelda can take advantage of on Delfino is the situational low ceilings or the high platforms for early up kills.
Some of the walls on delfino allow her Dtilt lock forever. Only if someone get's in that terrible position though.
NEW

Zero Suit Samus:

Zss vs ROB on delfino umm I'd give it a 60/40 zss (my in ital thought on this MU in general Midwest ROBs are ****ing annoying)

-If you start planking the transformations as long as we keep a safe distance away from ROB we should be able to see the animation of your lazor and gyro to react accordingly (we can easily go off stage and punish with a bair nair etc but I've been gimped to many times waiting for the right chance and just end up getting fair'd)

-ZSS' Rushdown juggle hurts rob in the air and he has to stay on the ground to have any chance of fighting her at all , Note this stage gives us many platforms to juggle you and give you struggles to get back down for your ground game but some stage transformations give a FD outlook and make it more difficult for zss to approach
*note (Nair is easily avoided by "smart zss" Im not one of them but I know many use it as an anti aireal in this MU and its like snake randomly dairing )

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'll write up a quick summary or something for Mister Eric's request soon
fixed XD
i wouldnt mind if there wasn't already a mr. e in the MW that also plays r.o.b. >_> people get us confused all da time. just might confuse other rob players ^_^

thanks a beepton, beepo<3

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
By the way, any new posts that I'm getting in, I'm editing into my long post with "NEW" centered above it.

So far, just Lucas and Yoshi have updates but I'm sure more will come! =]

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
yeah but he no count. at least he mains pikachu. although when i first made an account here, i remember seeing his name and hesitating on keeping it. then when I met Mr. E....s**t went down with my decision making xD

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I think this stage discussion deal has a lot of potential and shouldn't die out yet.

No one else has anything to put in? D:

<3

p.s. btw I threw in ZSS recently in the big post above.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I think you just about did this one yourself Mister Eric. With all of this and the information from the prior stage thread we should have a very detailed analysis.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I supposeseses so, I rly just wanted opinions from ppl that actually main rob.
I, personally, am just a big time neutral player (though I'm trying to change this habit since it tends to beep me over in tourney) so I don't get enough exp here xD

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Is pikachu really that good on this stage against us? I find that hard to believe. LGL doesn't hurt our sharking that much imo.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i just want to say that the samus players u asked about delphino know little or nothing about samus OR rob OR delfinio. so i wouldnt take their advice/comments as fact

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
i just want to say that the samus players u asked about delphino know little or nothing about samus OR rob OR delfinio. so i wouldnt take their advice/comments as fact
would you mind sharing your two pennies instead??

Top Bottom