• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Mainers sign in here!

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I'm making this for anyone even CONSIDERING using R.O.B. as one of your mains. For me, he will be in my top 3 rotation for sure. You can discuss why you like R.O.B., cool things about him, possible movesets, stages, music, etc.

Note: I know many people are angry about R.O.B. getting in over <insert character name here> but please don't use this topic as a place to vent your frustration. This topic is solely to be used for the enjoyment of those who actually like R.O.B. and not to start flame wars.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
Checking in! I'm definitely going to give him a try, even though I'm disappointed to not see... a certain character that will remain nameless to avoid distractions. I figure he'll have an interesting playstyle, so here's to innovation!

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually looking forward to this little mechanical guy; I didn't like him at first because of the lack of K. Rool in the leaks, but now that it was proven true he's sort of grown on me.
On a side note, I expect him to be a heavyweight with many projectiles, but that remains to be seen.

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
he's definitely going into my top 3 character choices, i am very interested to see how he will play, plus i love robots ^.^

rubinmarshak

Smash Apprentice
I'm not thinking about maining ROB.

Unless I learn his moveset.

Really, he does look cool. A very interesting character! And, upon seeing his moveset, I will probably play as him.

BUT...

I don't see any potential. What will he do? Hover? Move slowly? Spin? Pick up spinning things?

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'm considering it - the little could have a pretty interesting move set, given Sakurai and his team essential have complete creative license with him. He has some pretty stiff competition for the spot though - Marth (my Melee main), Sonic (my most wanted Brawl character), and Pit (who just looks too **** cool) are all characters I'm going to look into quite thoroughly.

Regardless though, I'll definitely use R.O.B. unless I hate his moves, if only to see the reactions of some people when I do. I've quickly grown to like him, to be honest - hes the perfect WTF character for Brawl.

Zevox

Epamek

Smash Cadet
He's going to be one of my top played character, if only because I hate him so much. I will force myself to prove that he is a valuable character, just so I can learn to respect such a waste of good character creation. Of course, until then, I'll be hating every second of his existence.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
love weird characters...so yes I might consider maining it or at least letting it be my secondary...

gecko8721

Smash Cadet
i actually feel the urge to kill people with R.O.B-then laugh and say you got killed by a robot.hehe

Zevox

Smash Lord
funny isn't it? when he wasn't confirmed people hated him. now they love him?

*spits* **** R.O.B.
You do realize its likely almost entirely different people stating those two different positions, right? For instance, I've been intrigued by the idea of R.O.B. being in ever since ShadowXOR first leaked it weeks ago, and never once commented against him.

Zevox

Neoriceisgood

Smash Cadet
I'll definitely have R.O.B as one of my main characters just because people hate him, I was hoping for Tingle to be in for me, but R.O.B seems to provoke the same reactions.

I'm glad he's in, I wanted one character everyone would hate :)

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
hate the 35 roster, like rob. I was pulling for him until i thought his enemy-ness was deconfirmed. considering adding him to my sig with a check, because he would have been there anyway if he was never 'deconfirmed'

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Who other on the board than me to play R.O.B, only makes sense right?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Sorry guys, I cant sign since Im determined to main Yoshi once more, but I will show support. I like R.O.B. and after seeing videos of him I find him quite interesting. I will definitely be giving him a spin from time to time.

I feel sad seeing such a shaky start for this subforum...

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
ROB looks pretty good from the footage ive seen ill definatley be giving him a try
also ive always thought he was a good idea if a bit of a strange one he has a lot of charcter and im looking forward to making people bow down to their robot overlords with a giant robot laser, to the face

ZelgadisA027123

Smash Cadet
Alright, I'm breaking my long stint of trolling by showing my support for ROB. My reasoning for this is simple:

I tend to be a smart - rather than technical - player, and I can't think of a better mindgame than getting ****ed by ROB.

**** the tier, as long as ROB isn't the very bottom he can be salvaged. I find low-tier characters to be more satisfying, because I don't feel like I'm cheating (lol Marth). And I think we can all agree, with proper foresight, even the "worst" characters can become effective (Gimpyfish Combo!).

Lastly, I was looking for another electric-based character to use in Brawl. I recently noticed that I tend to main Electric characters in fighting games: Blanka in SF2, Ky in GG, Storm in MVC2, and Pikachu in Melee. As much as I love Pikachu, I was hoping for another electric character to take the limelight and be my main... and I got just that.

Never underestimate a ROB player online... I'll be looking forward to playing against your best!

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, this is really great and it's cool that they've finally shut down the general Brawl Character discussion so we don't have to put up with quite so much whining. Finally, we can concentrate our attention on characters who are actually in the game like R.O.B. and Ness (Ah, Ness, how sweet a victory you truly were). So yeah, anyone else feel free to post your thoughts (but still no trolling/flaming please).

Personally, I loved G&W and he was always my 2nd after Ness in Melee. Now there's R.O.B., and unless he's so bad that he's practically unplayable I'll be using him as my 3rd. Actually, I'll probably spend the most time with him in the beginning since he's new and I need to get to know him.

Staz

Smash Lord
uck rob!! hes freaking fat! and gay! he should of never joined teh brawl!! i hope captain falcon ucks him good and im gona oOWN! rob with everyone i can!! for takeing genos,and more peoples spots!!

GEN0 FOR BRAWL!!!

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I'm so excited by the retro-goodness of this. He's so quirky and cool.
I won't be sure if I can main him until I get to play him, but he's one of... something like 5-8 characters I might main. There are too many amazing characters in this game.
Actually, Marth will probably take it from him, but we'll see.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
uck rob!! hes freaking fat! and gay! he should of never joined teh brawl!! i hope captain falcon ucks him good and im gona oOWN! rob with everyone i can!! for takeing genos,and more peoples spots!!

GEN0 FOR BRAWL!!!
Wait, you want C. Falcon to "uck" R.O.B.? I'm pretty sure that's illegal in some states...

Also, Chepe, awesome vid, R.O.B. looks really great there, except for some reason his name on the bottom of the screen is Robot. I wonder why that is.

Top Bottom