• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. Community Combo Video (Clips due May 10th!) - Read post #182

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Because Chibo's trying to have a life. Chibo doesn't have to be the only one to make a combo video you know.

Just don't take these clips...

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I've loved the idea of being part of a combo video myself.

My problem:
A. tons of replays are vs. CPUs.
B. Few people to play with locally.
C. So far, no one wants to play me online.
D. Even if someone does play me online, wi-fi matches being laggy may very well result in me not performing as well as I could otherwise.

*sigh* How depressing for me. Regardless of whether or not I ever do become part of it, I'd still like to see the finished product. I enjoy combo videos of all characters, especially Community-based ones. ^ω^

Oh, on a final note, is it possible to request making the combo video with a resolution of 480 x 270? I'd like to download the vid via pspube onto - as the name suggests - my PSP. I've quite a few combo videos that I enjoy showing to my friends (especially those who lack youtube).

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The deadline is supposed to be Jan 1st, but that may change.

Oh, by the way, contrary to what my earlier post here states, I have quite a few replays (albeit wi-fi matches) of my R.O.B., if that's alright. I have no recording equipment though, so I'll need someone's Wii Number and Friend Code to send the Replays directly to their Wii. I can understand Friend Codes, but why Nintendo requires exchanging Wii Numbers too is beyond me.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
BUMP! Gawd this is pathetic, CV's shouldn't take this long to make. But that's probably because it's not being made anymore. FAIL.
Sorry luckylime, but this did die, a long time ago. But the project has been re-instated and being run by me and 8bitman. Hes managing and I'm editing, so if you're interested in being in it contact one of us.

I've loved the idea of being part of a combo video myself.

My problem:
A. tons of replays are vs. CPUs.
B. Few people to play with locally.
C. So far, no one wants to play me online.
D. Even if someone does play me online, wi-fi matches being laggy may very well result in me not performing as well as I could otherwise.
Preferably no CPU's, like I doubt we'll include them even if they're good, sorry. but If you cant get any matches with actual other players then send them in and we'll see what we can do. We'd still like to include whoever we can.

Oh, on a final note, is it possible to request making the combo video with a resolution of 480 x 270? I'd like to download the vid via pspube onto - as the name suggests - my PSP. I've quite a few combo videos that I enjoy showing to my friends (especially those who lack youtube).
Ill see what I can do.

MAY 10TH 2011? or too late?
If you've got any problems with deadlines discuss it with 8bitman, if you cant get ahold of him then pm/vm me and Ill talk to him myself.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Yeah, the CPU thing isn't a problem, seeing as I managed to get some replays of wi-fi. In fact, I've actually deleted all of my CPU replays as I managed to get tons of replays with actual players (albeit wi-fi), so yeah. :3

8Bitman

Smash Master
Cool. Yeah no CPU replays please.

Also Sil do you want to make a separate thread for the CV that we are making right now? So it is easy to skim through (cuz it don't have no pages haha) and it will be more organized cuz we will only have to put all of the videos that we are putting on from here and from previously showed messages to me on that thread.

I have some shtuffz that i can put on it if you like. ^_^

I have a folder on this her' computer that has all of the CV data and info. ^_^

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I really like Lucky's work with videos.
Editing and such.

edit: does he know about this C.V.? he might be interested in submitting clips

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, I sent in my contributions to 8Bitman. I sure hope the Combo Video becomes a success. I mean, the Link Boards, Falcon Boards, and Ganon boards have one... so why not us? :3

8Bitman

Smash Master
Now link, I have no clue how. But alot of people use Ganon and Falcon seriously, which is why they have one. They may suck but others still use them. =P

I looked over the replays you sent me Sol, and alot of them are good and will go in, but the one free-for-all with items on is gotta be a no. XD

I liked alot of the footage so out of the 11 replays you sent me ( I'm pretty sure it was 11. ) 9 or 10 of them will go in. Some of them were very short but what happened in them was pretty cool. Like the one where you footstooled and spiked the kirby on Delfino. =P

:awesome:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Now link, I have no clue how. But alot of people use Ganon and Falcon seriously, which is why they have one. They may suck but others still use them. =P

I looked over the replays you sent me Sol, and alot of them are good and will go in, but the one free-for-all with items on is gotta be a no. XD

I liked alot of the footage so out of the 11 replays you sent me ( I'm pretty sure it was 11. ) 9 or 10 of them will go in. Some of them were very short but what happened in them was pretty cool. Like the one where you footstooled and spiked the kirby on Delfino. =P

:awesome:
Yeah, I had a hunch you wouldn't use the FFA one with items, even though that one spike was pretty cool though. XD

Glad you thought my replays are good enough, despite them being wi-fi matches. As for length, they're all pretty short, seeing as Brawl can't save replays longer than 3 minutes without Homebrew, which I sadly lack for the time being. My only regret is not having more offline footage, but at least I managed to get something in.

Actually, the FFA on Rainbow Cruise was the only offline match there. Y'know, I was looking at the replays and realized how much I've changed as a player over the course of a couple of months. I don't roll as excessively as I used to, and my tactics for getting back on the stage after a ledge-grab has also improved. Hopefully, by my first tourney (Pound V, hopefully), I should be able to translate my experiences well enough to do decent there. Who knows? :3

8Bitman

Smash Master
IDK but goodluck there. I WISH I COULD GO TO HUGE TOURNEYS LIKE POUND!!! T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T

I hate school, and I hate being under 18....... >_> <_< >_> <_<

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
IDK but goodluck there. I WISH I COULD GO TO HUGE TOURNEYS LIKE POUND!!! T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T

I hate school, and I hate being under 18....... >_> <_< >_> <_<
No worries, you'll be 18 soon enough. Besides, time's been flying quickly these days, which is good for you, but bad for me. Bad for me because I turn 25 this May... that's 5 years to 30! I'm gonna be old! D:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Holy Crap Sol Diviner, I'm almost 21 and I feel old. Not really looking forward to any birthdays after that.
Tell me about it. Time sucks. There are other reasons why I don't want time to move on, but I guess we really can't do much about it. :(

Well, to keep this on topic, I hope this CV turns out epic, with epic music to go with it... there will be music, yesh? :3

8Bitman

Smash Master
HAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, silent.

Also Im only 15... 3 more years of this scat...

Sil message e back FB so we can discuss the music... I don't even know which music we are using. XD

tell me what you haz in store.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Gee, I didn't even stop to think about the music that should be used in the video. *sighs* Makes me wish I knew of some nice techno or something. What about "Twister" from the game, "The World Ends with You"? Seems like a cool upbeat song that fits R.O.B.... but that's just my opinion. XD

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Yo Sol Diviner, if you've got songs to submit post a link.

Also Im no mod, but lets keep discussion about the combo vid to the new thread, its about time to let this one die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom